• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Gundam Build Fighters:NEXT

-Unknown Location-

Nine Barthes looked at the data on his tablet. The backup plan was somewhat of an success. 'Now that the Demon that was long since dormant, has been awakened. Although, it was more or less a happy accident.' On the screen, it read 'Project Berserker', and a image of a brain that was red on one side, and blue on the other. 'All that needs to be done now is to wait.'

-Mafia Hideout-

Kyoji Kasshu looked at his minions, and told them, "The fight we have been waiting for is here. Tommorow, we strike to take out Illya and Setsuna." The entire room was filled with battle cries as Kyoji turned to look out the window. 'To think Barthes was sent behind my back to attempt something, only to fail...... I'm glad I'm now getting some action.'

Iori's Model Shop
--------------------------
Hibiki was looking at the ground,completely silent about what she had nearly done earlier. While Jing and Takashi were looking at the part that Barthes had attached onto Novus.

“Never thought something like this would lead to Hibiki going crazy like that. Guess there's a lot to Gunla Battle that I don't know of.”

“Unfortunately.” He looked at Hibiki,concerned of how unusually quiet she is. “Hibiki-”

“I know,I'm alright. I just...need a little bit of a cooldown.”

Heero and Noza had left earlier. Illya had to bring up something that was bugging her. "Hibiki.... Who was that guy earlier when you went berserk? It was like you recognized him or something." She had her arms crossed, feeling heartbroken.

Archer sat on Illya's shoulders listening, but was looking at Kagu-Tori, who was currently talking with saber.

“I....”

“I'll fill you in.”

Hibiki looked at Jing in confusion. Where she received a headpat from him.

“You needed some time alone after all.”

He then looked at Illya.

“That man was a former opponent of Hibiki before she met you. The time when she was originally known as the "White Devil". ”

Years back then,Hibiki fought incredibly ruthlessly,insensitive about the damage she causes towards other people's Gunplas. She follows the second Meijin Kawaguchi's philosophy quite strictly. Her lack of consideration of other people's hard work lead to her becoming infamous,all the while Hibiki has no idea that what she was doing was actually causing many battlers to resent her. It took a long time for her to find out,and when she did,she hadn't dared talk to victims of her rampage in battles.

“As you could see,she's ensuring that she doesn't fight like a demon on the battlefield. Though it seems her efforts will be harder this time round...”

“........I guess me and my sisters being test subjects also contributed to what I was back then....”

Hibiki muttered softly in response.

Illya would be silent for a bit, but then hug her friend. "Hibiki, I will be sure that if it happens again, I will stop her from hurting you anymore. The other you isn't the real Hibiki I know."

“I-Illya....”

Hibiki hugged back,tears of relief streaming down from her eyes.

“I'm glad....I'm glad I have a friend who will never leave me even when she knows what I am...”

Last edited:
Good grief. It sure is a bumpy ride for Hibiki,but she definitely found a true friend.

Jing went to retrieve his 00 QAN[T] using his left hand. His right hand was still hurting from the strain he did earlier.

I hope that didn't extend the recovery of my right hand.

Last edited:
-Apartments, 20 minutes later-

Hiro wiped the sweat off his face as he looked at the finished gunpla. He would be sure that he won't go berserk if he used Assimilation and Alaya-vijnana. "The gunpla to surpass the Barbatos Omega, as well as match the Dante Lucifer.... The X-Bahamut Gundam."

"And the test to prove it's strength will be tomorrow after I give Elizabeth the Dante Lucifer back.... I just hope she likes the extra weapon I gave it....."

-Apartments, With Jing, Hibiki, her three sisters, Kotori, Elizabeth, and Illya-

Elizabeth sneezed. "I feel a slight sense of dread right now." "It's probably nothing." Illya replied, before looking at Kotori. "Thank you for letting me stay for a bit. We need to stick together, right?"

“Got that right. Plus,looks like your daughter's getting along well with Kagu.”

Kotori looked at the table near the TV,where Kagu-Tori and Archer chatted. In the Model workshop room,Hibiki was analysing the part that made her retain her past persona which she had wanted to shed completely.

This is something I shouldn't have a problem with making a resisting version of. Plus....

She looked at her Gunpla,which coincidentally had some similarities to the Chaos Dragon she was made to use earlier.

Implementing it on the new guy shoudlnt be much of a problem.

As usual,Jing was in charge of preparing dinner for everyone in the room

Archer would laugh. "That does sound funny. If only I was around when it happened." Illya would approach the two and ask, "What's happening?" "You mistook a girl for a boy, and got your first kiss stolen by her." Archer said, eyes closed and laughing. Illya had a fist up and a dark aura around her. "I'm not sure who told you that, but when I do, I'm gonna break their arms."

Elizabeth hid her phone behind her back and whistled.

"Dinner's ready!"

Jing joined the conversation,serving everyone else their dinner for the day. Hibiki also exited the workshop room upon hearing the announcement.

Breakfast-lunch-dinner-anime-and-food-04.jpeg

"And Elizabeth,i don't want you eating too fast like before,last thing I wanted is for you to continuously scorch you own tongue again."

"Don't worry. It won't happen like last time." Elizabeth replied. Illya would be sitting between Elizabeth and Hibiki, while looking at her phone. "Tomorrow is Friday..... Meaning that it's the last day for getting ready before the tournament begins." Illya would say, but with a slight sadness. "Something wrong mom?" Archer asked. "What if the tournament has some people who work for Shindou in it? It fills me with a sense of dread.... Thinking about it."

“I am concern of that as much as you are,Illya.”

“Well,I guess Illya solved her issue with her own injured arm with 00 Archer,but what about you,Jing?”

“I have it under control,not to worry.”

“Honestly...I feel that your right hand says otherwise.”

"Not to mention, it seemed as if you're arm was getting more torn up when Hibiki went berserk earlier." Elizabeth would say.

Illya would slam her fists on the table, and yell at Elizabeth. "That wasn't Hibiki! That was not someone who fought to win, but someone who fought to kill! She isn't the person who I fought earlier!"

That made Elizabeth jump. Illya never had been this defensive before.

They heard someone from another room call out to them in anger.

“Keep it down will you!? My kids are trying to sleep here!”

Jing quickly apologised to the angry parent next door before looking Elizabeth.

“I agree with Illya. That persona earlier isn't Hibiki.”

Kotori sighed.

“Let's not argue about what happened earlier shall we?”

Elizabeth sighed. "Alright. It's just..... How can Hibiki not be herself.... Yet she is?" Illya would attempt to answer, but was interrupted.

"If I understand, she's under some sort of secretive program that activates when specific situations trigger it." Hiro would answer, and looked at the group. "That same program that was part of the illegal experiments used on me and several others. You guys already know who one of the others was..... But to think Hibiki, of all people, was the one who possessed the White Devil Persona......"

“Yeah....” Hibiki looked at her food,remembering the number of times she had insensitively destroyed other battler's pride.

“It took a match against Setsuna to snap me out of that persona. I was glad I no longer had to put up with that method of killing anymore.”

Hiro looked down. "But it somehow was activated today.... Wasn't it?" Illya closed her eyes, and replied, "yes.... I think Barthes knew about Hibiki's past..... And somehow activated it yet again."

Elizabeth looked away towards the window. "Which means.... It could be activated at any time...." She said, bringing up the worry that if the White Devil was awakened again at any time, they may have their hands full.

Illya got up and would walk to the entrance. "Guys..... we have to find him, and make him keep the other Hibiki sealed. I'm going to look for him. Any of you tagging along?"

“I'm going with you.”

Jing stood up from his seat.

“I want answers about what he's done anyway.”

“I'm tagging along too. Both of you still have an injured hand after all.”

Kotori also stood up from her seat.

Elizabeth sighed. "Seems I'm going to stay here to watch the kids." Hiro would walk over and stand up next to Hibiki, and say, "I'll stay here. If Hibiki somehow starts to switch personalities again, I'll try and keep her restrained until you stop Barthes. Besides, I actually had some things to discuss with Elizabeth as well."

Illya nodded and said, "You two call us if anything comes up, alright?" "Will do." Said Elizabeth. And with that done, Archer and Kagu-Tori would hop onto their owners shoulders, as the Illya would then take the lead.

-5 minutes after, Streets-

It was awfully quiet, after walking a fair distance out from the apartments. It was as if Illya, Jing, and Kotori were the only ones alive at the moment, if excluding the two MS Girls. Illya would have Archer fly up to see if there was a black van anywhere, but to no avail.

After Archer descended, Illya looked at Jing, and would ask, "If you were a mad scientist, where would you hide at in a time like this?"

-With Barthes-

He was looking at a monitor, different from the one for Hibiki. It was live feed of the Illya, Jing, and Kotori trying to find him. Barthes would press a few buttons, and the machine that was sending him footage would quickly swoop down and take aim, before firing a silent shot at Jing's neck, before Barthes smirked. 'Now I have control... I just have to make sure the two girls don't know until they are brought to the arena .... And then the trap will be sprung.'

A slightly glowing spot on Jing's neck was somehow connected to the Embody system in Barthes van.

“Wouldn't it be logical that a mad scientists would've stayed off the streets,even if its pretty dark and late?”

Jing responded after a few seconds of thinking about Illya's question.

Behind Barthes is a battler wearing an A-Laws Pilot suit,a Gunpla resembling the Halpas Bose from the SD Gundam G Generations games on hand as both of them waited for Illya,Kotori and Jing.

The battler behind Barthes is Flana Institute's new ace for the world tournament. Shame that she could only be a substitute for Shindou Ikari's team in case one of their members encountered some difficulties that would lead to them missing a member for the battles. Now would be a good time for her to test her skill against The Berserker and Ifrit.

“Sir,the targets have arrived.”

The battler spoke as she looked at the entrance.

Last edited:
"Alright. Just remember that Setsuna is on our team." He said.

Illya and Kotori were with Jing, who led them to an abandoned warehouse. "Well..... We seem to be on the right track. There's tire marks leading in...." Archer would say. "But it feels odd.... Like someone's expecting us...." Illya would say. "It's probably just you." Jing responded. However, it wasn't actually him saying that.

Barthes sat at the controller, typing in commands. 'Everything is setting into place.' he thought, as the battle table soon activated. The lights would reveal the unknown fighter and Barthes, which alerted Illya. "Barthes! We know what you did to my friend! Give us the kill code then we won't have to get violent!" Illya would yell.

"Oh really? You expect my two associates to let you through?" Barthes asked, the light hiding his eyes. "What do you mean?!" Illya asked. "It means you should watch your backs, even around your friends." Jing said, as a fist flew, striking Illya in the chest and sending her flying back a little, before hitting the ground. Illya was shocked, but would slowly get up to see Jing, with his left hand up as if he already hit someone. He had a red glint in his eyes

"Wh-What? Jing?!" Illya asked, confused. Barthes looked at Illya, smirking. "The mask Hibiki wore is nothing compared to the manipulation dart I hit your friend with earlier. He is completely under our control now."

"I suggest you get your gunpla ready. Though you won't be able to win regardless." He took his gunpla out, the 00 QAN[T], before walking to the other end of the arena, and stood next to the A-Laws outfit wearer, looking at Illya and Kotori with killing intent.

"No....... To face my friend....... Who looked out for me like a brother.......?" Illya was worried, scared, and confused.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back