• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes: Revival

Nymkos finished filling his bag of branches. "I'm sure she can take care of herself." Nymkos said while walking back.
The drider sat near the fire - sitting in the most wide form of the word, his abdomen was touching the floor while his legs were neatly arranged on his sides. He was eating a chunk of cured venison, looking rather pleased and yet slightly worried at the same time. Was the man who they met on the road onto him? He made a mental note to cover his tracks more, maybe bury whatever he would eat. With some thought, he looked at Vetr. "I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with northern customs. What's a Jarl? And whatever this is, I don't know this... Gunjarson."
HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest FireMaiden FireMaiden

Nirvana Montilyet
"Well, of course I'm alright. I can take care of my self a know, and I was hanging out at that spot you two left me," Nirvana pointed out. She walked beside them, and once they reached camp she sat down where she had left her rucksack. The frost soon brought up a name she recognized, but she felt it was nicer to address the other one. "A jarl is the ruler of a hold."

"I've heard the name, so I know who he is without actually knowing who he is. Make sense?" She said, digging her flask out of her bag. "He sounds like a dick though. I mean, what kind of name is Olaf?" HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Gabe Gabe

"My Great Grandfather's..." Vetr replied with a slight growl. "Olaf Gunjarson, was My Grandfather's father, and the man responsible for uniting the Frost People." Soon he was weaving the spell, that his voice could create, drawing the two into his tale.
"It was during the time of the Long Winter, when my Great Grandfather, Jarl Olaf Gunjarson took the Icy Throne and united the Frosts of the Northern Wastes. These were times of great strife, When brother slain brother, and the Summoners strode the Fjords bringing death and destruction in their wake. Olaf had just became a man, when hell broke loose upon Snowspire. The Dead from the Necropolis were en-mass at the gates of my home. Summoners and Minions laid siege, casting foul spells that killed men by the score. Desperate, Olaf called upon the Elemental Yce and struck a bargain. If she aided him and his kinsman, he and his descendants, would nolonger hunt her children and kind. The bargain was struck, and she proceeded to carve a rune into his flesh, that glowed with winter's fury. Alone he set out, with steel in hand and ice water running through his veins. Raising his blade, he roared in challenge to the summoners that led the hoard. And then it happened...." The Northerner recounted, pausing for dramatic effect.
"Olaf, drew upon the power of the elemental and his forefathers and whipped up a blizzard the likes none had ever encountered. Razor sharp shards of ice, whipped at the hoard, and shredding the undead and minions as if they were nothing but wet paper. Snow and Ice covered and blinded the Summoners, making Olaf virtually invisible. In a fury, he slew them one by one. None able to catch the berserk Frost. By the time the dawn came, only he stood with his blade broken and shattered from the armoured hides of the unnatural beings. One Frost, against an army. His tale soon spread throughout the fjords, about Olaf Gunjarson the Hero of Snowspire and Destroyer of Summoners. By the time spring arrived, Frosts from all over the Wastes gathered under the banner of my Great Grandfather, and with him at the head of the army, forced the monsters of the north back into the desolate ruin known as the Necropolis. Many died on both sides, but in the end, they sealed the massive ebony gates, under layers of glacial ice, so that the evils within can never be unleashed upon the world again."

Gabe Gabe Birdsie Birdsie FireMaiden FireMaiden

Nirvana Montilyet
She immediately tries to backpedal. "Oh, I uh, didn't know that. I'm sorry, I didn't really mean that I don't have a verbal filter...I'm just gonna stop talking now," Nirvana said, her voice dropping in volume as she talked. He then began to tell the story of Olaf. Yeah, dick was nothing the way to describe this guy. At least, from what she was hearing, who knows what he was like day to day. Yet, once he was done, Nirvam a smiled a little. "That's really cool. I'm sorry I called him a dick. Trust me, it wasn't fully intentional." HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Gabe Gabe

Nymkos laughed as Nirvana tripped upon her own words. Recomposing himself, he listened to the story intently. He loved stories like these, since he was a child, of great heroes and their deeds. "So, you're the great grandson of a hero. This must entail huge expectation from you, isn't it?" He said as he finished his venison. "I mean, you carry the blood of this... Gunjerson, Gunjarson! Sorry." He cleaned his hands. "People probably expect great things from you." He pondered for a while. "So, if Mister Gunjarson sealed the doors of the Necropolis, what prevents them from opening again? I mean, I know that magical ice is strong, but even that might break after a while. Is t here some sort of guardian or mage that reinforces this magic ice?"
FireMaiden FireMaiden HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Aleksander Kharzenti
Aleksi regarded Evelyne for some time, quite unsure who in the devil's name she was. Eventually he vaguely recognized her as some aristocrat's kid, or maybe just a young aristocrat by her own right. The robber barron's lips twitched in a circle and his beard followed suit. He preferred to ignore her ill timed joke about there being no money in Fort Black. His journey had been tiresome and it was distracting him from business, so Aleksi was not in the greatest of moods. "I would much prefer if you did not call me by the name Baron. I am not a Baron of any type, I hold no such official position, Mr. Kharzenti will do fine. As for why I am here, I am answering a summons that was given to me through a blue amulet in my possession. I imagine others received this call as well based on the content of the message, might I assume you have also arrived here on a summons, Miss...?"

Before she could respond, a man in nonsensical attire appeared from the air before them. The peculiar gent approached Kharzenti at an uncomfortable pace and also got uncomfortably close. Aleksander took a half step back in response, a look of near disgust on his face. Before he could respond to the uncouth man, the fruitcake disappeared just as readily as he had come to being in the first place. Aleksander probably looked quite confused and disgruntled in response.

Vruk's Control Meter
Évelyne de Blanche
"Blanche, Évelyne Zéphryne d'Ambre d'Albine de Blanche. Forgive Mephisto, he's been... under a lot of stress lately. Come in." Évelyne invited Kharzenti into the fort, leading him to the guild hall. They didn't have anyone technically in second command to Mephisto, so she went around looking for whoever was still in the fort to help explain their offer.

Anyone Anyone in the fort.

Aleksander KharzentiFort Black
The Gentleman nodded in agreement with Evelyne's statement, as if her unfortunately long name actually meant anything to him at all. He also was quite unsure who she was referencing when she said the name "Mephisto", but he had a hunch it might be the disappearing man who just entered the scene before. Although hesitant, he accepted her invitation and nodded his hat to the driver of his carriage. The man would wait outside until his Master returned, luckily they packed snacks and a simple book for him to read.

"Mephisto you say? Might that be the gentleman that so mysteriously vanished before our eyes just a moment ago? I knew this place was legend, it has an almost mythical quality in the tales, but something about that fellow exemplifies magical potential.."

Other than his plain inquiry, Kharzenti remained silent as he followed the new acquaintance into the fortress. He took his time examining the layout of the place, the architecture and styling. If something went wrong there would be two potential outcomes: 1. (His preferred) He would escape, 2. Vruk'tal would take over his body- and Gods help whoever was on the other end of that.

Alteras Alteras Birdsie Birdsie

Vruk'tal control meter.

Last edited:
"Ah, an astute question my arachnid friend..." Vetr replied with a nod towards Nymkos. "That rune that Yce gave my Great Grandfather, was not just a symbol to bind their agreement, but it also contained a small portion of her power. The doors are sealed with Primordial Ice. Or to those that don't know what that means, It's unmeltable Ice." He explained stoking the fire with a branch. "The only way to open the doors to the Necropolis would be for another to manipulate and destroy the ice. So my Great Grandfather, Yce, or a Fire Elemental."

Gabe Gabe FireMaiden FireMaiden Birdsie Birdsie

Évelyne de Blanche

As they entered a small meeting room, Évelyne responded back, "Ah, ya... Something along those lines." Giving up on trying to find anyone, she raised her seal of membership and forced some mana into it, hoping to get Mephisto's attention.

Proletariat Proletariat Birdsie Birdsie

Mephisto Pheles

The demon fell fast asleep on the tree he was waiting on. Nobody seems to have arrived, so Mephisto took a power nap. He was interrupted by the buzzing of his seal. Upon taking it out and examining the device with muffled eyes, he sighed, flicking his fingers and appearing next to Evelyine in a pink pajamas. "What's up, my girl?" The demon inquired, taking of hot cocoa that suddenly appeared in his hands, seemingly out of nowhere.
Alteras Alteras

Évelyne de Blanche

Évelyne raised her hand and pointed at Kharzenti. "Deal with it and I can go to your meeting." She took the hot cocoa out of his hands and drank it. "Mmmm, good."
Birdsie Birdsie Proletariat Proletariat

Mephisto Pheles

Mephisto briefly frowned at his warm drink being stolen away from him so rudely. "Meanie..." Mephisto whispered with contempt, before looking over at Kharzneti. He stared for a few moments, then leaned in again, before moving back again and looking at Evelyne. "What do you mean by that? All I see is a perfectly healthy rage-demon swelling from death and anger in front of me, locked up in a cage of flesh and blood. Pretty dangerous to keep around for a pet, Evelyne. Pretty... dangerous." Mephisto leaned in towards Evelyne with a very patronizing tone of speech. It seems Mephisto misunderstood the situation and thought that Evelyne locked a demon of rage in Kharzneti's body to keep it as a pet. "We all know that you keep demons in an aquarium, sheesh." Mephisto rose his right hand, as as bucket appeared in it. He laid it on the floor, then turned to Kharzneti. "Alright, go in. You can get to be in your natural habitat, buddy."

The reason for Mephisto's inane behaviour was sleep deprivation and clear intoxication with something alcoholic in nature.

Also, the bucket was empty. He didn't seem to be aware of it.
Proletariat Proletariat Alteras Alteras

Agamemnon
The vile necromancer chuckled, seeing the cultists fall dead.

The Archpriest was left responseless and knelt, dying.

Agamemnon started to outright laugh, in a guffaw. He didn't respond to Ahriman's question, instead, he said: "Did you see how pathetic they are? A single Pariah? Took down a team of them! Some assassins!" Agamemnon walked up to the Archpriest's body, then kicked the blessed dagger aside, as he knelt down and searched his body. "Ah, as I suspected." Agamemnon pulled out a small tome of spells from the Archpriest's body. "Interesting. A mix of a journal and a spell tome, some written by himself." Agamemnon read the first few pages and within a few minutes, grasped a basic teleportation spell he found there. He'd have to study the book more thoroughly later.

NEW SPELL: Minor Sorceries: Blink: Instantly transports Agamemnon over a short distance, of up to 15 meters. Only within his sight and cannot go through obstructions, such as glass panes, however, can move through small cracks through walls and similar.

As Agamemnon was done, several more figures used the spell he just read about, appearing and surrounding the two in the plaza. "Oh? There's more of you sons of bitches? Great. Just what I needed." Agamemnon looked up at the balcony he fell from, then looked back at Angra. "Deal with them. I'll get a few of my mean to clean up after you." Agamemnon blinked away, leaving behind an ambient effect of black smoke that lasted a few seconds.

There were approximately 16 attackers. 5 of them were armed with melee weapons and rushed straight at Angra, while others took cover and reloaded their crossbows. The crossbowmen did not stand on equal grounds to Angra, but rather, chose the superior ground on the creepy walls.

MEANWHILE:
Agamemnon quickly walked down the corridor, thinking to himself: 'My base was compromised. I must immediately reinforce the walls and gear up my men. I should expect more of this in the future.' Agamemnon read from the book as he walked down, making progress to learning another spell, but was interrupted by an assassin jumping out from the corner before him. Agamemnon had little mana left, but he decided to use up half of what he remained with on a short burst of missiles, that struck the assassin down. Agamemnon walked into a major hall, then yelled: "Men, arm up! They are attacking us. Defend your lord!"

Turenval's Cultists started coursing through the castle and several made their way to the plaza to help Angra Mainyu in his task.

Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Angra Mainyu
The young demon smirked and prepared five arrows. He dashed up in the air and loaded the arrows, shooting them straight at the five assailants. As soon as he landed, he rolled into cover as the crossbowers' arrows hit the crate he was hiding behind. "Damn it." He says to himself as he takes out ten arrows, looking at the eleven troops with crossbows. "They've got the higher ground. I gotta get to a higher position." He speaks to himself, as he gets out of the cover and dashes towards the wall, starting to run up the vertical surface. He easily gets to the roof but the eleven marksmen still had him in their sights. They all shot arrows and one of them hit Angra. He fell back but couldn't give up. He removed the arrow from his shoulder with a loud groan and kept going. He headed towards the tower, entering from the window and running up the stairs. Finally, he got to a higher location. He placed eleven arrows in his bow and pulled back the string. "Never tried this many." He whispers to himself, exhaling deeply.

All sounds around Angra dampened. Time seemed to slow around him and his vision was as clear as ever and his stance was perfect. He exhaled deeply emptying his lungs completely. He waited for the perfect moment between his heartbeats to take the shot. Dun dun, dun dun. His heart kept beating rather quickly, adrenaline was still affecting him. But he had to do this for his master and for his own pride. He took a deep breath and blew all of the air out of his lungs. His pulse finally slowed down and the opportunity was there. He closed his eyes for a short moment and when his heartbeat stopped for a second, he took the shot.
"I am the Bone of my Bow." He spoke out as the arrows flew almost flawlessly towards the marksmen. The arrows hit their heads and shot a hole right through them. They all fell limp on the ground, bleeding profusely all over the balcony. "Eat this." He finally says as all of his opponents were dead.

Birdsie Birdsie

Morning soon came, harkening the trio to wakefullness. Packing what little they braught, Vetr lead them back through the forest towards their destination. After hours of travel the sound of running water could be heard, getting more and more clearer with each step. After several more minutes of hinking, the trio came upon a stream, the edges of it, covered in a thin layer of ice. "We're close." The Frost said to the two companions, breaking the silence. Stepping into the icy creek, Vetr drew upon the cold, forcing ice to creep across his armour adding an extra layer of protection. After a minute, Vetr's plate had in icy blue hue to it, hoarfrost falling from his form in cold clouds.
Stepping from the the water Vetr once again took the lead. After a mile of following the creek, they finally arived at their location. A gaping rockface greeted them as the creek poured through. "Be on your guard. We have no Idea what could be lurking inside." Vetr warned, bringing his blade to bear. The large sapphire gem glowing slightly at the pommel, as he gripped the hilt with his right hand. Stepping through, he was greeted by an awe inspiring sight.
latest

Gabe Gabe FireMaiden FireMaiden Birdsie Birdsie

Nirvana Montilyet
She was already awake when the others rose with the sun. She had gotten more sleep than usual, maybe because she was actually tired for once. So when Ventr told them it was time to head out, she nodded and stood. Taking one last sip from her flask, she quickly put it away with the rest of her stuff. She was ready after just a few minutes, and then they were off. While they walked, Nirvana had some time to think. Though she ended up regretting it. The woman ended up thinking about things she didn't want to think about. But she was saved. Being lost in her thoughts, she wasn't paying attention to how much time had passed, the perked up when she heard Ventr speak.

Looking at him, she cocked an eyebrow as she watched him do...whatever the hell he was doing. Stepping into a really cold ever didn't seem like the smartest idea, but then again, he was a frost. But he was done soon enough, and they continued on. Until they came across the cave they've been searching for. She drew her short sword, nodding to Ventr. "Got it Frosty." HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Gabe Gabe

Agamemnon
As cultist fought with opposing cultist, as arrow flew past a bolt of arcane energy, so was Agamemnon busy in the battle. More precisely, he stood atop a tower at one of the corners of the inner fortress, shooting magic bolts at the enemies on the ground, whilst he was surrounded by Revenant-Knights that fought with fire and all-encompassing hatred against those that surrounded the tower's entrances and made their corpses fly left and right using their mighty greatswords.

Some of Agamemnon's zombies swarmed the plaza, picking their enemies and fighting. This was a small-scale open conflict by now, and it has escalated since the initial attempt.

After about six, or seven minutes of fighting, the sound of swords cracking and arrows flying halted. There was not a whisper above a breath, as Agamemnon started to revive dead bodies back to life as additional soldiers, one of his Arch-Priests neared Angra, then told him: "The Apostle wishes to see you, child of the nether. Please, proceed to the intersection at which you trained previously."

Angra Mainyu
The young Pariah looked at the Arch-Priest and nodded quickly. He bursts in black flames and disappears in a cloud of black smoke, reappearing right behind Agamemnon. He taps his shoulder four times and clears his throat. He then kneels down, "You wanted to see me, my master?" He muttered out softly, lowering his head steadily staring at the ground. His fists were clenched on the ground as if he was leaning onto them. His mind was blank as nothing was required of him, currently.
Birdsie Birdsie

Agamemnon
"Ah, good," Agamemnon discoursed lovingly. The undead proceeded in a more reserved tone: "Now that thou are here, I have a very pressing matter for you to attend to." Agamemnon fully turned to face Angra, halting the rituals he was performing to revive the dead as soldiers. "This task will not be simple, as you are breaking into one of the most highly fortified structures within this fine imperial musculature," Agamemnon's voice lacked conviction, as he didn't fully believe that Angra could carry this task out. "The place I want you to break into is the Imperial Royal Library; more precisely, its forbidden archives. There, I need you to recover a certain grimoire called the Book of Shadows. If you fail, do not dare show your face here. If you succeed, you will be highly commended for this."

Agamemnon folded his arms behind his back, holding them together and making himself look very... serious. "This will hardly be easy, perhaps the hardest thing you have ever done. But if you return with success, you will be stronger than ever - and ready for your last assignment that I have for you."

Évelyne de Blanche

Évelyne stood there for several solid minutes with her mouth gaped open. Clearly she wasn't alone with how long the silence has been... She slowly regained her composure and closed her mouth. Closing her eyes, she just facepalmed by what had transpired. She gripped her cup of hot cocoa and splashed it in Mephisto's direction. "I was talking about registering him as a member of the guild!" Tossing the empty cup and just walked out of the room. "Nope! I need a break! I'm going on a quest and doing mercenary work!"

Proletariat Proletariat Birdsie Birdsie

Mephisto Pheles
Mephisto dodged to the side, with his hands perplexed at the liquid flying past him. He sighed, seeing the sweet drink go to waste. He performed a prestidigitation, as the cocoa cleaned itself up from the floor and the stains disappeared. He turned to Aleksander, then smiled in a half-imbecilic way, trying to seem polite. It was weird talking to a human, but what you saw was a raging monster swelling up from anger. It was like talking to what seemed to be an angered hound, which was, in reality, a peaceful puppy.

The demon's voice was concerned, but welcoming and sympathetic. "So, um... Did you want to join? That's grand but what do they call you? I'm Mephisto Pheles, pleased to meet you." Mephisto held his hand out as a gesture of friendship.

Proletariat Proletariat Alteras Alteras

Angra Mainyu
Angra nodded and got up. "It will be done, master." He spoke humbly, beginning to walk towards the armory of the castle. He opened the door and walked in. He took a small, one-handed crossbow and some narcotic darts from it.Then he took a sword and a holster for it, which he placed on his back under his quiver. He sheathed the sword in its scabbard and opened another closet, taking a pair of soft sole boots. He put them on and jumped a couple of times. He nods as the boots dampened his footsteps greatly. He pulled up his hood and started heading towards the Royal Library. After about a full day heading west, he arrives. He jumps on one of the walls and climbs up on the tower, carefully avoiding all guards, to then start rear-choking the overwatch, tying him with the rudimental handcuffs the archer had. He then gets on the edge of the tower, inspecting the surrounding area.
Birdsie Birdsie

Platinum Troll (NPC)
Somewhere in the depths of the cavern, a mystical creature strode forward. It was large, at least 6 meters tall. Part of it was organic, but it was also covered in a white, reflective metal, like natural, plated armor that covered its body. The metal was obviously platinum, one of the harder metals one can come across. The troll growled, inhaling and detecting a new threat approaching in the domain it chose recently as its home. Peeking out from a corner, the troll saw two humans. But it was smarter than that! They were clearly hunters. The creature hopped back and started to move backward, slowly, trying to sneak despite its cumbersome bulk. Owing to the cliff that separated the two parties, it felt rather confident it could make a surprise attack.

The troll planned to jump out and smash the first thing that came across the corner.
FireMaiden FireMaiden HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest
Gabe Gabe (If you ever return)
The Royal Library was large. Angra was on one of the corner towers, each of which had an archer on top. Soon enough, if he didn't hide, the others would notice him. Each of the towers also had an alarm bell. Another alarm bell found its place down at the courtyard, that had 4 guards, each watching another side of the yard, in a circular structure around said alarm bell. There were two other guards, who wore robes combined with plated armor and patrolled behind the columns that led to the different wings of the library.

Each guard had excellent equipment. The mages wore platinum plating interwoven into enchanted, silk robes, whilst the warriors opted for heavy, plated armor crafted from a grandiose mixture of mithril and adamantine that covered all of their bodies. Even Angra's arrows would have trouble piercing through those thick sets of wargear. There was also an officer watching from atop the balcony that wore similar armor, except instead of being made from mithril and adamantine, it was made from meteoric iron and orichalcum, which granted him an excellent resistance to both physical and magical attacks. All of the guards had two weapons, each being made from the same components as their armor.

Despite the beautiful scene before them, a familiar stench filled the air. Revulsion crossed Vetr's face despite the almost manic smile taking up the space a moment later. "REJOICE! FOR BAD THINGS ARE ABOUT TO HAPPEN!" The frost bellowed raising his blade in challenge. "Nirvana my dear, we have ourselves a troll to kill." he said smiling wickedly carefully entering the grotto. He could feel the residual energy from Avala permeating the entire Grotto. The ground shook and rumbled from the nearby troll, immediately alerting the Frost of the type they would be combating. All his years in the Troll Slayers Guild honed the his senses, bringing him to a halt. "This is going to be one hell of a prize..."
Looking towards the creek, he quickly formulated a plan of attack. "Elf, how good are you with that bow?" he asked creating a small platform for her in the center of the creek. "I'll put you at an elevated vantage point. We're dealing with a platinum troll, so aim for the eyes." Vetr explained. "They're a bitch to kill, and are even harder to deal with. If you manage to blind it, it will go much easier."
Without waiting for a response, the mad frost charged, leaving a trail of hoarfrost and ice in his wake. His blade raised in preparation to strike at the Hulking Platinum Behemoth.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Birdsie Birdsie

Nirvana Montilyet
"I'd say in pretty good with it, but since i-And you charged. Brilliant idea Frosty, just brilliant," Nirvana said, watching her companion run off. The bow, he was talking about, was a mini criss bow that was part of her gauntlet, so it was small. She was good at using it, but she wasn't sure how it was gonna do against a fucking troll! Nevertheless, she made her way to the platform. Though she was mugtering not so nice things as she did. Mainly because of her intense fear of drowing, and though she knew it would be very hard to do in a creek, it was still possible. "Hey wait a second, wouldn't a troll attacked by now?" Nrivana questioned allowed, figiribg their presence had already been given away by Ventr's war cry. HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Birdsie Birdsie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back