• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes: Revival

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind

4102c5189b044859bafe0bf5825a35c6.png
fable_3.png

border.png

Over a thousand years ago, the legendary hero; William Black, sealed away the world's evil; Turenval, the Great Lich and brought a golden age to the Kingdom; now Empire of Albion. With this golden age, marked the creation of the Guild of Heroes. An organization that collected worthy members and helped people out of kindness, rather than lust or greed.

However, six hundred years later, one of Black's descendants who was not a member of the Guild, singlehandedly saved the Kingdom from destruction and married into the royal bloodline after defeating Elucifer, who hoped to conquer the Kingdom and rule it. Due to this shame, the Guild was disbanded after everyone lost hope that it could be effective anymore. More focus was put on law enforcement and military, and soon, after centuries of conquest; the Kingdom of Albion hath become an Empire that conquered over half of the continent of Gael...

YEAR 1399-12-31 OF THE IMPERIAL CALENDAR...
PRESENT DAY...

Tomorrow is the start of a new year, and with it comes the festival, set 400 years ago to commemorate the heroic day the Empire was saved. Nearly every city will be celebrating that day.
Whether you do, or not, is up to you. Your fate was always in your hands, but there is one other thing.

The amulet that you are in possession of. Whether it is a family heirloom, passed down to you from your father; perhaps you inherited it or found it in a dungeon.

Either way, it started glowing with a translucent, blue light in the middle of midnight. You stared at the device, doing something it never had done before. You heard the call of a welcoming, but oddly cool male voice from the other side:
"Yoyo! Anyone there? What's up, big boy?... or girl? Well, whatever - I'm here to tell you about your options. I know you're probably sleeping and getting ready for the big day, buuuut... there's a world that you have to be saving! Wheeerever you are from, I could kinda use your help. Otherwise, we'll... all die and stuff. And horrible things will happen to this country. Come by Castle Black by tomorrow. Also, don't think about ignoring this request, caaause... I actually have nothing to threaten you with; so... Pretty please? Pretty please, come to Castle Black? See ya!"

Castle Black. The location the man mentioned is an ancient castle utilized by the Guild of Heroes as their main headquarters, or, well, it was. Nowadays it is like one of these so-called "dungeons," that adventurers raid for money and treasures, but no one ever found it's vaults.

Will you answer the call, or will you ignore it is up to you.
As I said; your fate was always in your hands.

border.png

Hello, hello, heeeeeello! This is Birdsie coming at you with another bomb-ass roleplay. Today we have a sequel to the beloved franchise created by me, inspired by the Fable games!

What's important is that whether you are reading this and have no idea what the hell I'm talking about, or you're a stern Guild of Heroes veteran, you are welcome here!

Rest assured, there is a plot to this, but we won't be starting until HPs are back on, because I became lazy and spoiled and I yearn for some HPs. As Black Wizard said, that'd probably be in a day, two, or a little longer - which makes the timing nigh-perfect with the release of this interest check.

Also, please, tag anyone you feel like would be interested :3

NOW!... Rules...
border.png

Rules~

1. First of all, follow the standard RPN site rules. Obvious!
  2. I am always right, even when I am wrong.
  3. If I am wrong, refer to the rule above.
  4. I hate limiting other people's creative freedom, therefore you can create any type of character, from any race; either classical fantasy (Humans, Elves, Dwarves etc,) to something totally absurd (such as demon cyborgs, or your own custom races, as long as you provide a proper description for them.) Obviously, being too overpowered will lead to the character being denied.
  5. You do not have to be a member of the Guild, and can also be a villain. Whether an independent one or serve as a mook of the big bad we have planned is up to you. If it's the latter then PM me, or another GM.
  6. Don't be a dick to other players.
  7. Respect my fellow Co-GMs, and their names are: Alteras Alteras Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel and Swire Swire
  8. No edgy characters, please.
  9. No auto-hitting or controlling other people's characters, please.
  10. Should you feel like you are unable to devote yourself to the roleplay and post at least once daily, let me know. I hate it when people go away without saying. Really, I know it's awkward to tell someone you're leaving their own project, but people have their own cups of tea and stick to them as they please. I won't be mad, promise <3 , but please inform me.
    1. In addition, I request that you post at least once daily. Should a member fail to do that, I will PM them to see if everything's good. If the PM is ignored for longer than 2 days the member will be kicked from the RP.
    2. Should you be unable to post as such, then inform one of the GMs via OOC chat or PM about you being unable to be active over the course of x amount of days and you will not be kicked.

Last edited:
@Ami the Breadling SP3CT3R SP3CT3R HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest @Anyone Online Dumplingboy Dumplingboy Gabe Gabe Black Jade Black Jade Cheryl Cheryl Alteras Alteras Swire Swire Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Cosmo Cosmo
Starting post...

Chapter 0: Prologue
Year
: 1399-12-31 of the Imperial Calendar.
Hour: 23:51
Weather & Temperature: Cold and wet. Rain may appear in some parts of the Empire.

1. Incantation; the chanting or uttering of words purporting to have magical power.

"Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Fill. Let each be turned over five times, simply breaking asunder the fulfilled time," chanted the Necromancer; Agamemnon. With each 'Fill,' he said, he threw in a little red, magical dust of unknown properties into the magic circle inscribed on the floor before him. Its shape was very advanced for ordinary magic, superior to most magic crests you see nowadays. This was some form of higher ritual or true thaumaturgy. Around the magic circle were 9 cultists, each one of them bent on their knees and praying - possibly supplying the spell with their mana. Behind each of three of them were knights clad in black armor, with hoods covering their faces instead of the ordinary helmet.

latest
The sorcerer continued his chants, as a lesser priest handed him two potions, both of them brightly blue and yellow color respectively. "Let silver and steel be the essence. Let stone and the archduke of contracts be the foundation. Let my great, nameless master be the ancestor." In a very loud, proclamatory tone. The circle before him, scribed with simple chalk started to glow in a red, iridescent light. He poured the two potions into the circle, but the liquid in them seemingly vaporized. No. It was consumed. Consumed by whatever ritual they were doing.

"Let black be the color I pay tribute to. Let us rise a wall against the wind that shall fall. Let the four cardinal gates close. Let the three-forked road from the crown reaching unto the Kingdom rotate. Let it be declared now; your flesh shall rule above me, and my fate shall be with your sword. Submit to the beckoning of the damned ones. Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth." Agamemnon took a ritual dagger, inscribed with ancient runes and decorated with gold. "So as I pray," he held the dagger over his wrist. "An oath shall be sworn here," he swiftly made a cut. Blood of abundant amount dropped into the circle. The man in black robes, with blue glowing eyes in a mask who did the summoning. He bent over on his knees and prayed, watching what is happening.

The space around the ritual distorted, seemingly losing all coherence. Bolts of power shot in every direction and from every height, scaring the cultists who moved back. So did Agamemnon, who rejoiced after seeing a small black portal with red outlines spawn above where the ritual took place. It was seemingly half a meter in diameter. "We did it, brothers, sisters!" Agamemnon yelled. "Our lord will return to us! It is merely a matter of time, now we must only provide proper sacrifices... Fortunately, I believe tomorrow there'll be enough fresh victims."

Cue evil laughter, as the camera pans out of the secretive location.

Chapter 1: Rebirth of Heroes
Year
: 1400-01-01 of the Imperial Calendar.
Hour: 9:00
Weather & Temperature: Cold and wet. Cloudy skies.

Last night, all people with "Seals of Membership," had them doing the exact same, weird thing. A suspicious voice told everyone who owns said seals to go to Fort Black, but there were some people with objections...

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Asked the young boy, clad partially in iron armor and with messy copper-colored hair and fair brown eyes. He looked no older than 14 and had a blue robe and brownish, loose-fitting pants under his armor. 'Darkness,' looked at his older sister. "I don't doubt there might be some truth to what the voice said, but.. this might as well be a death trap by bandits." The young boy came into realization soon after, taking on a smug, adorkable smile: "Then again, what would a stupid bandit know about magic?" You could feel the hubris of a mage in a much more spoiled and distorted form ooze off of him, like an infant puppy that just took a bath meant for big dogs and that is too damn proud about it.

proxy.php

Artoria Adamant

Mood: Relaxed

With: Lulu~ ( Birdsie Birdsie )
The young girl looked at the younger boy walking beside her. Her armor produced metallic sounds as she walked. She held tightly onto her sword's grip, ready to take it out if something happened as they walked down the shadowy road. The girl took a deep breath and opened her mouth, beginning to speak. "Yes, I am VERY sure this is a good idea." She spoke out with a soft and suave tone of voice, waving her hand in thin air as she talked. "I am sure this is safe as I am sure my name is Artoria Adamant!" She said, clenching her hand in a fist and keeping it raised in front of herself. Artoria then relaxed her hand, patting Darkness' head. "And I am as sure as YOUR name is Lulu Adamant~!" She spoke again, giggling light-heartedly and rubbing her little brother's hair. The wind started howling more intensely through the branches of the trees, producing a chilling howl.

Évelyne Zéphyrine d'Ambre d'Albine de Blanche

Évelyne rose up from bed. Looking around, she found herself in an well decorated room. Littered across the floor was articles of clothing. The light fragrance of perfume and fun was in the air. I must have had a bit too much fun. She began to move herself when her hand brushed against something under the sheets. Looking down she let it a sly smile. I can see why. Moving carefully so as not to disturb the beauty in her bed, she picked up her items, washed herself, and got dressed.

Climbing down the stairs, she waved a hello to the innkeeper and tossed a few gold coins his way. Stepping outside with her Pacificateur, she stretched her arms and began her walk towards the stables. People all around were excited and getting ready for the big festival. Paying the stable master, she got on her horse and rode out of the capital toward Fort Black.

f821e67693c496aa01839f1b478bebcc_full_zpsih9fylqz.jpg

The Lusty Mare
incisel.png

Ingvarr pushed open the worn, stained wood door and took solace in the sight before him, the average, small tavern in the arse end of nowhere. The closest thing someone like him ever had to a 'home'. Not that he had ever been in this 'fine' establishment before or likely knew anyone inside, but he had seen enough taverns to know what he was getting into and even took it upon himself to guess the stories behind the residents to pass the time as he was drowning himself in swill that tasted like goat piss... probably because it was goat piss, but it got the job done.

The sweet aroma of numerous, sweaty men fresh from the fields gathered in a small room with the floor that likely had more dubious stains then a street walker at bowerstone's docks hit him full force. Not that he was much better, Ingvarr mused with a grimace as he walked into the warm tavern, his armor clinking with each step as the various links of his mail were disturbed and rubbed together. When a particularly hairy grown man covered his nose, Ingvarr knew he was likely worse, but then, he was covered in Minotaur spit, dried blood and shite... But at least the shite wasn't his, just the poor lad he had used as cover during the beast's rampage when he was playing dead. Ignoring the looks cast at him by the other patrons, Ingvarr dropped himself into a wobbly stool near the bar and tapped on the counter, demanding attention.

The nice thing about smelling utterly stomach churning was it made him damnably hard to ignore. It took a few moments, the shared looks between the aging bartender and the fresh faced tavern wench, likely having left her 'dreary' home in search for love and adventure, ha, as both fought a silent, intense battle to see which would have the wonderful job of serving him and receive the full brunt of his intriguing body aroma. The battle was only broken when the young wench was called over to a nearby table by, what Ingvarr could only assume, was the local 'man's man', and if Ingvarr was not.. so him, he almost would have taken it as an insult at how quickly she ran over, nearly tripping over herself to get away from having to serve him. The old bartender, defeated, made his way over, and Ingvarr noted with amusement, was breathing heavily through his mouth... not that Ingvarr wasn't doing the same.

"What can I get ya?" The old man grumbled, cleaning a dirty tankard with an even dirtier clothe which defeated the entire purpose, but he was the barkeep here so Ingvarr kept his mouth shut least his ale be filled with just as much spit as goat piss.

"A room, with a bath, and lots," Ingvarr started, unlatching the leather clasp of his great helm and taking it off to set on the wood counter revealing the glorious helmet hair that lay underneath, "Of rotgut."

Rotgut wasn't truly a beverage, it was merely slang for the worst of a tavern's stock. The swill that would burn out a man's stomach and have them puking up their livers for weeks, hence, rotgut, but Ingvarr's gut was made of sterner stuff, so, he rather enjoyed the taste. Akin to having an overzealous hobbe shove a white hot firebrand down his throat, but it was a sweet pain that brought upon a state of glorious inebriation which he sorely needed at this moment in time. He deserved some reward for slaying the beast and dragging its over-sized head half a league to this shitehole of a town.

"Perhaps you would like the bath first?" The old man inquired, his eyes lighting up with a glimmer of hope.. which Ingvarr took some pleasure in crushing, "Spirits first. Bath later."

Defeated, the old man did as he was told, soldiers slumped as he pulled an old bottle filled with a pitch black liquid and poured it into an empty glass, sliding it over to him as he took refuge on the other end of the bar.. as far as possible from Ingvarr as he could.

Gripping the glass filled of liver destroying wonder, he slid around in his stool to examine the small bar around him, his gaze instantly falling upon a table surrounded by men and women, and more importantly, to the cards laying on the table with small piles of gleaming coins standing in tidy little towers just waiting for him to come by and rescue them in the name of his hunger stricken coin pouch. Taking a swig from the black liquid, and enjoying the familiar sensation of someone punching him in the stomach, he could not help but think that this town, in the arse end of nowhere, wasn't so bad after all.

Lulu "Darkness" Adamant
Darkness took a step away from her, then asserted: "That's not funny!" In an agitated tone. "I know you're doing that on purpose, to irritate me!" He uttered, before turning his back to her. Darkness' head rose to the sky, as he closed his eyes and folded his arms, but he kept walking in roughly the same trajectory. He wanted to bitter more, but first he was expecting an apology... at least until he tripped on a rock, falling to the dirty pavement, onto his chest. Once he opened his eyes and his head rose from the dirt, he saw something in the distance. An old construction.

The fort looked like it was built centuries, maybe millennia ago. Its stone was not the fine, well-cut bricks used nowadays, but rather huge, crude slabs of stone placed one on another, held together by a material similar to concrete. The gate was wide, wooden, but it laid on the ground - destroyed long ago, probably by an adventuring party. The castle looked plundered and ruined, a cruel joke of its former glory. Darkness was so enthralled by the sight he forgot to get up.

Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Alteras Alteras

[Size= 7] Venge F. Rigidum [/size]
Location - Bowerstone

There was an eerie darkness looming over the room. Vena was walking around in circles looking at the amulet with a pleased smile. It was a dusty old room with a large window in the back looking out over a large plot of land. In front of the window was a desk, and across from the desk was a door. After a few moments a man walked through the door.
"Your late." Vena said without looking at the man. "Although I don't know what I should expect, every time you find some way to waste at least an inch of my time. I swear if I could, I would climb down the chain of power just to knock you off." Vena said turning around to the man who was clearly in fear. "But I suppose killing you or banishing you, will still have some amount of amusement."
The man bowed on his knees. "I am so sorry, It took slightly longer than I thought it would to gather the remain members from the outer edges of Bowerstone to the center. I didn't have any intention of wasting your time."
Vena sighed. "Very well, you are still somewhat useful to me. And there must be some reason you are this high up in the chain. I'm sure one day when I ask you to do whatever you are good at and you will excel at that subject. But until then I will still be disappointed."
Vena stopped holding the amulet and put it into her pocket. "Very well, You know what to do. Make sure that the artifacts are brought to me by the end of the festival."
The man looked slightly shocked. "I must ask, as your adviser why you didn't decide to just use blackmail or underground influence to gain these artifacts? Why steal them. And from Bowerstone and Fairfax at the same time."
Vena turned back again seeming aggravated. "Must I explain everything twice to you people."
"I'm sorry" The man replied.
"Well since you asked. I have suddenly forgotten my own plan. Perhaps you could enlighten me?" Vena replied.
"Of course, You had intended to use the festival as a cover to take the artifacts. Using blackmail would be using unnecessary opportunities for later." The man replied almost shaking.
Vena smiled. "See now why did you ask if you already knew? Resources are to be conserved until they are needed. In this case the festival is acting as a free resource where I can take what I need and leave. Well, someones losing something, but it's not me." Vena turned around and grabbed a bag. "I shall be leaving now. I'm sure you can handle the rest on your own.
The man seemed even more worried. "Sir, isn't leaving a bad idea. During the festival we will be preoccupied trying to steal the artifacts. If you are attacked or we need your help."
"If you need my help, then you have already failed. And I can handle myself, I have dealt with more than enough assassination attempts on my own. Now I will be leaving." Vena said.
"Of course." The man said before leaving.
Vena smiled. "Good. Now Shadow Guard one of you is coming with me." When she said this, three different people appeared seemingly out of nowhere. There were all dressed in the similar outfits but slightly different. But none the less, they were wearing black and could easily be seen as assassins.
"Miral and Nerven stay here watch over the different groups and make sure they don't screw up. Viral you come with me." The three nodded their heads and disappeared again. With that Vena left the room and walked out into the street. Most average people didn't have any idea who she was so she often left and did whatever she wanted. People within Helios don't usually care, if she died then someone else would take power. All they care about is making sure they don't die and completing what she asks of course. Vena walked over to one of the horse stands that still functions the same way they did 400 years ago. 'Fort Black' She thought as she road up to a high enough hill to see the fort. 'What was left of it, such a great and noble failure. The guild itself was useless in saving the city, and it's only great achievement, was existing at all. But perhaps it can finally provide me some amusement. After all theirs still the Library deep beneath the surface. Truthfully, I am interested in who will show up.' She ended the thought there and headed toward "Castle Black"

proxy.php

Artoria Adamant

Mood: Relaxed

With: Lulu~ ( Birdsie Birdsie )
Artoria looked at her brother fall down on his chest. She held in laughter and looked at Fort Black appear on the horizon. Her jaw dropped at its ancient magnificence. She knelt down and smiled, helping Lulu up. "Alright big boy, let's get moving. It's gonna be bandit time soon." She says, brushing the dust off of his clothes and then looking back at the castle. "It...looks good." She says, tilting her head to the left as they resumed walking. She took out a fur coat from her backpack and wrapped it around Lulu. "It's cold, shut up and wear it." She says, smiling as she knew he was going to argue. She held tightly onto the sword's grip as she felt something nearing. Artoria once again looked behind her and, seeing nothing, just kept walking. A soft breeze howled through the trees, flowing past Artoria, making her shiver in cold.

Évelyne Zéphrine d'Ambre d'Albine de Blanche
Location - Outskirts of Fort Black
wwwwIn a quick horse ride, Évelyne could already see the details of the old fort, crumbling away. What a waste. The air was humid and cold, but her hat caught most of the water droplets from the trees. She continued forward until she noticed a pair before her on the road. Is that... Indeed it is! "HYAH! HYAH!" She commanded the horse to rush forward, only bringing it to a full stop with the pull of the reins once she's met up with them. "ADAMANTS!" She shouted with a smile, waving her rifle in the air.
Birdsie Birdsie Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Victoria Weissmann
Location - Imperial Castle, Bowerstone
wwwwCourt officials and maids of all kind made their way up and down the halls of the castle. Maids and volunteers were putting up the finishing touches of the decorations; Lavishly decorated banners, art pieces, rugs, and trophies. It was quite the excitement in the air. Victoria was making her way back from a security meeting with the generals and her subordinates.
wwwwShe opened the door to her hall before the throne room. It was a massive room, several meters high, with twelve pillars on either side, flanking a long red carpeted walk. Everything was made of marble, with banners of all the great lords of the realm decorating the space. Massive windows were on the walls, each and every one of them casted and enchanted with the strongest, impenetrable by any forms of intrusion. At the end of the hallway before the gates of stood two guards. She also knew that behind the third set of pillars hid two assassins. She stopped right before the throne room and turned around. Taking her broadsword, she resumed her position. The two gaurds lifted their own swords and went back into the castle. The assassins also leapt down from their position and together as a group, all four gave her a salute before leaving.
wwwwVictoria let slip a small smile of pride. She had personally selected and trained the two guards, something she did just in case she ever needed to leave her position. Together, those two could match her in combat, if not defeat her. Usually they are positioned elsewhere, as she stands there day and night, but the meeting was the exception.

Damien Revier Death

latest

"Chaos," Damiens father, Death, would say many times before. "Order, Balance, Life, Death. That, is what a Shinigami is. We are the head, Gods, of decision, pure balance, Symmetry, in a sense. Do you get it Damien?" Damien would nod vigorously, smiling as his father would rough up his hair, and they'd go out for ice cream.

Damien stood afloat, on top of a strange flat skull shaped surface above the buildings, as he stalked his prey. Or, well, the person he was set to kill. You see, as an Immature Shinigami, he had a state of which where he was prohibited from letting souls cross to heaven, hell, or limbo, but was set to kill the individuals who were supposed to die. Either he do it peacefully, or horrifyingly. He would, for a normal person, do it kindly.

But his target today was different.

He was set to kill Jevair Mia Toneri, a murderer, kidnapper, and human trafficker, who had barely done any good his entire life. He was to die by being beaten to death by a gang of males of who he'd stolen from, buuuuut, Damien changed the rules, just a tad, so he was to die however Damien saw fit. As long as he died within a time period of one hour.

It had been 58 minutes.

Damien was dressed in all black, his normal hair looking evil and sharp, as he tormented the human. Was he evil? Hell no! But, he was a man who let his emotions dictate his actions. So what if he scared him a bit?

"Please!" The man yelled as the clock ticked, he had a minute left, "Please! I-I'll do-" Before he could finish, Damien formed a scythe of his spirit, a blazing black colored weapon, and pulled it around his neck. "Times up." He pulled, and sliced his head off, killing him as his soul floated up. Damien walked forward, grabbing it, and squeezing it. It popped, the soul fluttering away as streams of energy. He sighed, looking at the headless body, "Damn . . . Did I go too far?"
(Directed to no one in particular . . . I just needed a starter post XD)

Lulu "Darkness" Adamant
The young one got up. "Yeah, it does. If a collapsed ruin is what you consider good." Darkness continued to walk beside his sister, keeping his hands close. Then he felt a warm sensation, wrapped with the warmth of the coat. It was pleasant. He wanted to argue and give it to his sister, but he knew she'd not accept it anyway. She was tougher than him too. "Fine, alright," he reacted to her motherly attitude. As the two walked, his eyes slowly looked left and right, in all directions, scanning the environment, but wanting to avoid the wind blowing in his face he tried not to turn his head.

"I don't think we're alone. I don't know, though." Darkness exclaimed as he started using his clairvoyant powers. "I can sense some presence near us, but it's too far away. I don't know what it is. Actually, scratch that. Several presences." He kept speaking as they approached closer and closer to the walls.

He heard the sound of a rushing horse, before he heard his surname being yelled out. He did not talk back to the woman on the animal, instead preferring to let his sister do the talking.
Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Swire Swire Alteras Alteras

MEANWHILE...

: Small Village at the outskirts of the Great Forest

Villagers, or peasants - as you would call them; were dancing. All sorts of festivities, stands, and attractions to the left and right. But there was one man among the crowds who did not cheer at the celebration... if he could even be called a man.

The man in the dark cloak passed by the peasants, oblivious to what is about to happen. They were just having fun, but he did not care. He walked to the very middle of the plaza, as dark clouds gathered in the sky above in the color of a sick, blueish gray. He threw off his cloak, revealing himself to be a Necromancer in black robes. Then he threatened the villagers, who all started to pay attention to him and ceased their playing; "Heed my words; town of Calixis. You have passed on generation for generation; however, your time has come. I am aware that there is a witch lodge in this town that practices magic and sorcery. Reveal these mages to me, and then bow down before the immortal Lich - and I will let you live. No. Even better - I will offer all those loyal to me an opportunity to become a servant of the Lich - and thus immortal!" Agamemnon rose his arms into the sky.

[Stop the music]

The villagers had mixed opinions. Some among the crowd were truly scared, others were coldly indifferent, others thought it was an insane man posing as a sorcerer and giggled quietly. One man stepped out, clearly a leader amongst his people. "Show us mercy? You're saying you will kill us otherwise?" His voice sounded unconvinced.

"Yes!" Agamemnon looked down at the man, stretching his hand with an open palm towards him, as if inviting him to take it. "Receive Him, and you will be blessed. Venerate Him, and you will be immortal. Serve Him, and you will be all-mighty," his tone was inviting, even welcoming, but then it changed to a colder one as he finished his message: "Should you deny, all that waits is the cold embrace of death." The same man folded his arms, smiling and nearly laughing. "Oh, you? Kill all of us? I think you should learn how to count, for we are in numbers and you are all by yourself... Tell me: Who will kill us? You and what army?"

"I was hoping you'd say that," Agamemnon answered. Suddenly, from the back alleys walked out several rows of knights, blocking all exits and entrances to the village's plaza. They were clad in armor darker than night, they had steely blades and were taller and bulkier than all men, but they were not men. They were Revenants. "Now, all those who accept him; BOW DOWN! VENERATE THE LICH AND PRAY, OR YOU WILL SERVE THE KNIGHTS AS CATTLE FOR BLOOD!" He looked at the same man who asked him about what army was going to kill them. "PRAY, I SAY!" He directed his hand towards him, shooting a weak, magical missile in his lower thigh. The man knelt from the mixture of pain and damage, then continued to use his other knee to do the same. He had given up all hope. Many more of the villagers did the same. Agamemnon turned to one of the Archpriests who approached in silence. "All those who defy us are to be sacrificed, find out where the den of these witches is out, via torture if you have to. Tell me once you have a lead."

The Archpriest nodded, then asked him. "Agamemnon, are you sure of this? My lord? Perhaps we can--" Agamemnon cut in. "No, no. They made their choice. They wanted to stay pure in mind, stick to their beliefs and honor. Let them have that. Zombies... sentient humans. What's the difference? Both can be used as cannon fodder." Even the Archpriest seemed terrified by these words. Agamemnon laughed heartedly. "Just joking..." He patted the priest on the shoulder. The two laughed together, and then Agamemnon stopped once again saying: "But seriously, I want them killed and standing as undead soldiers in no more than fifteen minutes."

proxy.php

Artoria Adamant

Mood: Calm and Happy

With: Lulu~ Birdsie Birdsie and Évelyne Alteras Alteras
The young woman heard her name being shout out. She turned around very quickly and smiled brightly, being met by the vision of Évelyne Zéphrine d'Ambre d'Albine de Blanche, one of the Imperial Marksmen. She waved her hand back at her, "Évelyne!" She shouted back. She finally let go of her sword, finally feeling completely calm. She looked up at the woman and smiled brightly, "It's been such a long time!" She spoke out happily, tilting her head to the left with a cheeky grin stamped on her cheeks.

(Sorry for short post, I've gotta go! Cya everyone!)

wwwwÉvelyne jumped off from her horse and hooked her rifle to her belt. "Artoria! My girl! It really has." She hugged the knight tightly. She found most knights lacking, always so caught up with the code of honor, but the duo didn't put her off, as they were too sweet to do ignore. Évelyne turned to Lulu, who seemed to be ignoring her. She crept up to the boy and in one swoop, smothered his face in her breasts. "And what are you doing, ignoring me, my little 'Darkness.' At least say hello to a gal, even if you aren't in the same league as her," she teased him. Still holding him in that position, she asked, "So what are you two doing back in the heartland of the Empire?"
Birdsie Birdsie Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Lulu "Darkness" Adamant
The young boy stared at the menacing figure before him. He always had problem in interaction with women and he was never quite sure whether it was just him, or the fact that he's growing up. Before he could settle on the right theory, his face had settled into something else... against his will. He desperately tried to free himself, but due to his weak and frail posture - he was unable to, despite the most full-hearted attempts of clawing himself out of the grasp of... Uh... I... Uh...

The woman! Yes, that's the word I was looking for. He briefly turned his eye up to her and with the very last pocket amounts of air he had, he answered, muffled. "We heard a distress call at midnight, from this." He showed her the Seal of Membership. The boy could barely breathe at this point.

Alteras Alteras Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

Vetr Stood, leaning against the portcullis of the gate that once stood proudly. In his Boredom, he had lowered the temperature around the area, not noticing in the slightest, despite the frost beginning to give the ancient stones an icy sheen. He had traveled three days on foot, from Hook coast to this Fort Black, at the request of the voice coming from his heirloom. Looking towards the road, leading to the decrepit fortress, the young Frost spotted a woman clad in light plate, helping what he could only assume was her brother off the ground, only for the lucky bastard to be hugged by their newest companion, and her rather endowed gifts, before making their way to his location. Must be the other "Heroes"... He thought eyeing the two carefully.

It had been three days since he had spoke with anyone. And Almost a year since he had a purpose. Ever since the death of his parents, and the near destruction of the Troll Slayers Guild, Vetr had almost nothing left to keep him in the north. He had made a decent enough living protecting the people of Hook Coast, but even then, it had gotten dull. Especially since there was nothing left to kill after killing all the threats around the town.

Straightening himself up, he let loose a sharp whistle to get the three newcomers attention he called out "Welcome to Fort Black." his northern accent apparent in his tone, as he waved to them. (Think light Nordic for accent)

Alteras Alteras Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:

Kazareth awoke with a start, his heart pounding like a drum. He had just awoken from a horrible nightmare, whose contents had already trickled from his grasp. The Dragonborn held his position in the rather uncomfortable bed, hoping that he could sink back into the depths of sleep. It wasn't until he felt the light of the sun creep up the side of his head and press on his eyelids that Kazareth awoke. He looked out the window where the murderer of what would've been a good night's sleep had entered, and realized that the rays were from a sun that had nearly finished its ascent into the sky. Kazareth's gaze drifted to the rickety nightstand next to his bed and saw the amulet that was the first interruption to his sleep cycle. Recalling the voice coming from the charm the night before, the Dragonborn got out of bed and reached for his bag. After rummaging around in one of the pockets or what seemed like centuries, Kazareth found a flask of a black liquid. He downed the entirety of it in a few chugs, and let the surprisingly non-magical concoction do its work as he got ready to head for Fort Black.

Kazareth descended to the first floor of the inn, and sat down at one of the barstools. The bartender appeared almost instantaneously, likely due to finding Kazareth intimidating. Dragonborn on this continent were less social with other races than at home, so rumors circulated about them having all sorts of dangerous powers, and most people weren't even aware that Kazareth was hardly a legal adult. He didn't mind all that much. People were less likely to bother him.
Before the bartender could speak, Kazareth asked, "I'd like to know the directions to Fort Black."
The bartender raised an eyebrow. "Fort Black? Nobody has-" He stopped short after Kazareth made a clearly succesful attempt at an intimidating glare.

It was a cold morning, cold enough to make Kazareth wear multiple layers of clothing; He had no access to anything heavy enough to fight off the chill, so this was his only choice. Up ahead, there were four humans on the path, but judging by their differences in attire and the fact that only one had a mount, they were not a party.
None of the four had seen Kazareth approach, so he flipped his hood up, and, in an attempt to sound ominous, said, "Have you four recieved the message as well?" And stretched out his hand to reveal his amulet.

Birdsie Birdsie HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Alteras Alteras Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel

wwwwSeeing the seal of membership, a questioning face appeared. Letting the boy go, she held her own from her pocket. "Same here." Then she heard a whistling sound. She turned to see a frost... Wait, a frost? It was rare to see one south of Fairfax, but there he was. She then turned to the sudden sound of a guy trying to sound dark, more so than Lulu trying to be called 'darkness.' It was a sad attempt, as it only caught Évelyne by surprise and didn't provoke any reaction beyond being in a stance to do a quickdraw. She relaxed as the boy pulled out the amulet. "Indeed we have, although i don't know about him," she said pointing toward the frost.
Birdsie Birdsie Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

Venge F. Rigidum

By the time Vena had made it to the gates of Fort Black there were already people near the Fort. Nothing seemingly useful about any of them. However people often have surprises. Vena got off her horse and made her way toward them. They were talking about the 'seal of membership'. "Ah, how interesting. I didn't know they were handing these out left and right to any ages." She said directing the statement toward Lulu. When she turned her head to see the dragon born and the Frost she laughed. "Ahh, So maybe it isn't random. Perhaps the goal is to get one of every single race in existence. And some extra. "
Vena took the a moment to marvel at the last memory of the Guild of Heroes. Before losing interest. "Well I wonder when some shadow being or ghost figure will show up to waste my time about how we are the worlds only hope. Perhaps they might even give me a good enough reason to care, but I doubt it." She sighed and look the other way.
Birdsie Birdsie Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Alteras Alteras

Last edited:
d73ef0e2a73e21b6c9f27a12d29898f4.jpg
Xavier Colfield

"How does this thing work?" Xavier mummbled to himself as he examined the seal of Membership. He remembered picking it up on the side of the road a while ago, but why would it suddenly activate now? The young man then shoved the item in his pocket, he wasn't angry just annoyed. Xavier wasn't a big fan of unanswered questions. But hopefully this mystery will be solved soon enough as Fort Black was just now coming into view.

Getting closer to the Fort Black Xavier noticed a group of people at the gates. He slowed his pace in suspicion, but after getting a better look at the group he relaxed a little. There were two women, one armed with a rifle and the other suited in armor. A younger boy who was a also wearing armor, and an man. A dragon-born was there as well, a race that he only read about. And finally a girl who looked a few years younger than Xavier. 'Was I not the only one to get the amulet?' He though while getting closer to the group.

Swire Swire Alteras Alteras Birdsie Birdsie Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest SP3CT3R SP3CT3R

Mephisto Pheles
Suddenly, a figure emerged on one of the tall walls, exclaiming: "Goodness gracious. How many peole we have here!" Stepping on the battlements and revealing himself to be dressed in bizzare white-pink clothing he continued: "Fantastic indeed! And here I thought 400 years of waiting and I'd have to do this one alone."

Mephisto sat down on the wall and smiled, watching the creatures below him and scanning them. "Right. Either way, I'd like to invite you all inside; to the main hall, that is!" The man clad in weird clothes exploded in a pink cloud of smoke, seemingly teleporting away without a trace.
Swire Swire Alteras Alteras Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Captain Spooks Captain Spooks

img_0274-jpg.288047
Azalea Peterova

Azalea lazily layed out on the branch of a thick tree, high above, silently watching the arriving people, all sorts of different ages and races, classes as well, in her hand, she excamined the amulet, the one that had called her here, simply here out of curiosity, though she'd been full of suspicion beforehand, she decided to hang out in a tree and watch the Fort for any signs of suspicious activity, people started coming into her line of hearing no less than two minutes after that. She listened on their interactions, silently watching them, covered by the shadows of the tree leaves, though she couldn't care less if she was discovered or not.

Azalea jumped for the tree, just in time to see a pink man stroll out, his manner of optimistic, cheery speech already getting on her nerves, her hood shadowed her face, as she twirled a long strand of lilac hair as she approaches the group, her footsteps made no noise. The moment the oddly dressed man disappeared, Azalea walked forward, as she approached the door she spoke, more to herself then anything, but loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Great. I've teamed up with the Lollipop Guild." Azalea said sarcastically, but in good humor. Despite the hood shadowing her face, her bright, lavender colored eyes could be seen glowing underneath, she grasped the "Seal of Membership" in her palm, remembering the dead man she stole it off of, though she didn't generally steal, as killing was more her thing, if she saw something valuable she'd take it.

Not like the dead had much use for it anyway.

Swire Swire Alteras Alteras Captain Gabriel Captain Gabriel HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Captain Spooks Captain Spooks Birdsie Birdsie

proxy.php

Artoria Adamant

Mood: Calm and Happy

With: Everyone
The wind slowly got stronger. Artoria hugged Evelyne back, laughing happily. "We're here for the call at Fort Black." She responded, letting go of her and looking at her squeeze her brother tightly. She laughed quietly, She then took out her Seal of Membership, showing it to her. "Same here." She then put it back in her pocket, placing her hand upon her sword's grip. Upon seeing so many people approach, Artoria got nervous. But, as everyone took out a Seal of Membership, her nerves slowly got less and less tense. And suddenly, a voice was heard. Artoria turned her head towards the source of the voice and squinted her eyes. She took a deep breath and listened to him. But suddenly, he exploded. It was probably magic, she thought, and she was right. She waved her hand to everyone, "Come on! It's rude to turn down such a polite invitation!" She shouts out, beginning to walk towards Fort Black. Upon entrance, she could see the towers in ruins. She tilted her head to the left and sighed, "Truly a waste..." She spoke to herself, heading towards the Main Hall. Entering, the torches were on and the chandeliers were producing faint light. She looked around, trying to spot the silly pink figure.

Last edited:
Nymkos Telena

The road less traveled was calm, but certainly more difficult. That made Nymkos' job way more difficult. He didn't like to take the beaten path, mostly because he could cause attacks from various people. Highwaymen, the realm's guard, adventurers seeking fame and fortune, mercenaries, merchants' guards... The list was endless. Nymkos could travel faster than normal in uneven terrain, but that didn't make the job easier. Jumping, crawling and dodging, occasionally fending off whatever creature that prowled that particular part of the forest, escaping when it proved too tough. A day later, and he would arrive. Castle Black.

He stayed out of sight, watching other people come inside. He tightened his grasp on the Seal he found while scavenging. Is this the right place? They might have some information on how to make turn back to normal. He took a deep breath, making sure his bow and quiver were in place, in case he would need to escape quickly, and headed inside.

From the doorstep of the main hall, he studied the people inside. These people were fairly normal. Maybe they got here for the same reason? Just how many of these crests were issued, how many people were called? He put these questions aside when he heard the man calling the other people inside. He tried not to stare at them as he lagged behind, trying to put some distance between him and the other invitees.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back