• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes [IC]

Faust Windfallow
Fort Black Reception | Sona Sona Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Computing Magus Computing Magus

Faust shook his head dismissively at Ain as he proposed to the Elder Lich to write a book on undead, even going so far as to suggest the idea of getting famous. The very thought of it annoyed the undead to his core. ''What am I going to do with fame? This guild already has a famous bag of bones, we don't need two.'' He rambled, perhaps slightly jealous of the guildmaster.

Shaking off his annoyance, Faust piled several pancakes onto Ain's plate, meanwhile haphazardly handling one of the goliath spider mandibles Solaire had given him, while seemingly plotting something. ''Yes... This will yield fine venom indeed...'' He whispered with a sinister undertone. ''Though, why are you taking this to me? Can't the other receptionist-chicks handle the rewards?'' He asked the warrior. He planned to continue babbling, when a sudden and inexplicable chill flew down his spine, shaking his being.

For a moment, Faust let his terrible aura run loose. The atmosphere around him appeared to immediately and unnaturally darken, and plunged despair and horror deep into the hearts of the mortals around his unholy vicinity. Even the experienced, composed and battle-hardened such as Ain would feel a strong unease. Faust quickly calmed down, however, and turned to face Ain, meeting the young man's disturbed gaze with two dots of blazing, purple soulfire.

''Fuck...''

Faust almost immediately recognized the origin of his incredible unease. ''Hey kid,'' he spoke to Ain. ''I think that Old God just went loose.'' However, after giving his half-assed warning, Faust instantly sunk back into his cushioned chair that he had mended magically somewhere along the line without anyone noticing for writing convenience. ''Whatever, this isn't my problem until he gets an artefact... He hasn't gained all his power, just get some other Master-rank to fuck it up.''

However, unfortunately for the lazy lich, it would soon become his problem, whether he liked it or not.

Auriel & Xal'thantalax
Paladin Temple -> Fort Black Reception | Birdsie Birdsie Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Octo Girl Octo Girl Noble Scion Noble Scion

Xal'thantalax was toying with Dumpling until he paused suddenly, and froze in place. He then inexplicably retreated into a rift void he tore open, before it promptly closed.

''Shit, this is not good, Angel!'' Xal'thantalax warned Auriel telepathically. His voice was genuinely panicked, as if he were desperately trying to crawl away under all circumstances. ''The Voidgod. He's managed to break the seals.'' Upon hearing the Eldritch Horror's warning, Auriel paused at the fifth plate of sake, and caught Morkai's pendant. She proceeded to question Xal'thantalax regarding the 'Voidgod'.

''He's the god of the Void. If Abyss regains his power, he may very well end this plane of existence, and make it one with the colorless void.''
''And you do not desire that, Eldritch God?''
''Eldritch God is a title given to ancient Ki-Mongers that have evolved to the highest peak of their power. We are not true gods... This world is much too fascinating to relinquish just yet...''
''Then we put a shoe up his ass.''
''Why did you have to be a drunkard... Let us hope that this lich you are meeting had a spell to make you sober...''

Auriel grasped the pendant in her hand, attempting to figure out how it activates. She must've figured it out somewhere along the line, as she was engulfed by an arcane force and disappeared from the temple.

She reappeared in the reception area, right on top of Faust's desk, knocking a large portion of items off the creepily-decorated desk, a large amount of batter and syrup flying off the desk. The result; a grumpy, sketchily-dressed lich covered in pancake batter, syrup, and oil.

Ain Watlane
Fort Black Reception| LostHaven LostHaven Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Computing Magus Computing Magus
Mentioning: Birdsie Birdsie

Listening to Faust, Ain had realized that his fears had come to life, a looming threat was now walking on this realm, Abyss had come back for his revenge. "Faust..." Ain could tell that even Faust was worried.

Before he even had the time to think things through, Ain jumped back slightly at Auriel's sudden appearance, his eyes examined the female standing on Faust's desk. But at the moment, Ain couldn't waste time on such trivial matters. He was hanging out with Faust, people appearing out of nowhere was something he had grown accustomed to.

"I won't simply sit here and let someone else deal with him." Ain's sharp and battle-ready eyes focused on Faust, not carrying much about everyone else who was present, except maybe the female that had appeared out of nowhere, she seemed like she had something important to say.

"I need to head to the Temple of Nothing and find Morkai before it's too late." Ain said as he gripped the pendant around his neck, this pendant was something that Abyss must never obtain, this, and the other artifact.

After looking at Faust one last time, Ain nodded and quietly started to make his way out of the Fort Black Reception. "This time, I'll put an end to Old God for sure." Ain mumbled quietly to himself.

Abyss
Nevermore Village

Abyss had arrived in the Nevermore Village, where he caught the attention of a nearby guard. "Hey, you!" The guard walked up to Abyss with a curious look on his face. "Haven't seen your face around, are you a traveler?" Asked the guard as Abyss sighed, did he truly not recognized a God when he saw one?

"Do you really not know who I am?" Abyss said with a sigh before placing his hand on the poor, lost soul's head. "It doesn't matter, you will soon. Everyone will." With that, Abyss gathered a small amount of Void energy to the guard's mind before letting go of him.

Abyss then walked off, deeper into the village, to 'talk' to the people there, the guard tried to stop him. "H-Hey, come back-" Before he could finish his sentence, he heard some faint whispers, telling him to join them to real freedom. The guard blinked once and as he did, he suddenly saw his wife, standing there, only a few feet away, smiling. But this made no sense, his wife had been dead for over a year now.

As he walked up to her, he heard her gentle voice. "My love, it's so good here, I am truly free, I've never felt this way before." The woman said to the guard as he dropped to his knees with watery eyes. "Join me, and we can be free together, forever." The imaginary female said with a gentle smile as the man nodded and sobbed uncontrollably as he wrapped his hands around her.

Abyss looked at the guard and smiled, it was a gentle, but evil grin. "Yes, this is how it should be! Be free, the Void will free you of this heavy burden called life!" Abyss said with a gentle laugh, his emotions ran wild, he was pretty much human, for now.

As Abyss stood at the village entrance, looking at the guard who was now hugging a rock and crying out of happiness, he sighed. Behind him, lied a village full of infected people, Abyss had already afflicted the entire village, faint echoes of joy could be heard all the way to the Temple of Nothing as Abyss simply stood there, in the center of this illusionary madness, smiling, feeding off their corrupted souls, empowering himself for the future conflicts.

Morkai de Mort - Nevermore

"I haven't been alive in two-hundred years, and frankly, not having a dick to thrust in your face right now is the worst thing about it." Morkai landed on a nearby elevation, his purple-crystal silver staff in hand and black robes fluttering in the air.

He directed his staff at the guard weeping and hugging a rock. A bright, purple magic circle appeared in front of the crystal mounted atop and soon, a bright aureola of saturated positive energy appeared around the guard's head. Dispel Magic; universal, common, and infinitely useful in getting rid of mind control.

Morkai directed his staff in the direction of the town, gauged his mana reserves, and hesitated. Morkai had a vast reservoir of mana in his soul, due to the spiritual enhancement potions he invented many years ago, but this could put a dent in his storage. Eh, who cares? Purple sigils manifested in the air, drawing upon immense magic power, as a magic circle the size of the entire town appeared above it and cured everyone's supernaturally-induced dementia.

Then, he aimed it at Abyss. "I don't know how you got out, but I'll make sure you go back to that hole you crawled out of and you don't come back. Last words, freak?" he asked, charging a fireball spell on the tip of his staff.

Sona Sona

Auriel & Faust Windfallow
Fort Black Reception -> Nevermore | Birdsie Birdsie Octo Girl Octo Girl Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Sona Sona

Auriel gazed at the masked lich, covered in a coat of goopy, sugary mess. She was somewhat amused, yet held back the urge to laugh at the shifty-looking character. The horrible energy that Faust gave off was already a dead giveaway, yet Auriel still asked to make sure. ''I'm looking for the Elder Lich named Faust.'' She called out shakily, accidentally tripping off the desk and fell backward.

''You serious right now?'' Faust grumbled to himself as he made his way to Auriel. At first glance, Faust realized the winged creature was wasted beyond salvation. ''Uhhh... Does Dispel work on drunkenness?'' Faust asked nobody in particular, as he cast the spell and sure enough, it seemed to work as Auriel lifted herself off the floor and stared at Faust expressionlessly. ''Morkai de Mort has ordered you to bring the strongest members to the Temple of Nothingness, or he will confiscate your mushrooms...'' She informed the Elder Lich.

Faust stopped, before letting out an irritated groan that lasted for an absurd amount of time. ''aaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGHHH.'' At least a whole minute had passed by the time Faust stopped. He snapped his fingers, casting a spell that proceeded to mend his cloak, and the junk that covered it floated off him and dumped itself into an empty bowl. ''Ok. This just became my problem...'' He whined as he looked around the room. ''Ain, Solaire, kuudere drunkard angel with some tentacle fetish, you're all coming whether you like it or not.'' Faust reached under his desk and opened a hidden drawer, then proceeded to withdraw the tome hidden within it.

The book was bound in a leather of an unidentifiable creature, that had likely become extinct. The sides of the tome's cover was adorned with gold and silver, and it was bound shut by three separate locks. In the centre was carved an intricate magic circle. The runic letters incorporated within the circle was ancient, lost to the sands of time. This was his signature weapon, the Arcanecrylhik.

''Welp, let's get this mess over and done with.'' Faust said. Suddenly, a large magic circle spread across the entirety of the area. Furthermore, Faust detected two more individuals holding a similar pendant to that of Auriel's. Smaller magic circles would appear under Kaze and Ashe too, both of them taken along for the ride.

''That annoying God would have been gone from the temple already. Somebody also cast a mass dispel over the village. Morkai's likely engaged it in combat.'' Taking the location of Morkai's spell, Faust attempted to detect the source of mana the immensely large magic circle was drawing from, and managed to pinpoint it to Morkai's location with a small margin of error. ''Alright, hold your balls and hope this doesn't go horribly.'' He warned everyone.

At Nevermore Village, Faust's magic circle would appear on the high-ground Morkai was standing on, as about half-dozen people warped in to the village. Faust spotted Morkai aiming his scepter at Abyss, and let out a huge sigh. ''The cavalry's arrived...~'' He said out in a monotone voice. ''By the way, Mortie, you didn't eat those mushrooms, did you?''

Solaire Anastor
Interactions: Faust ( LostHaven LostHaven ), Abyss ( Sona Sona )
In Area/Mentioned: Auriel ( LostHaven LostHaven ), Ain Watlane ( Sona Sona ), Ashe ( Octo Girl Octo Girl ), Morkai ( Birdsie Birdsie )

Solaire gave up after a long time of waiting and coughed into his mouth to hide his embarrassment. When Faust asked Solaire why he gave the reward to him to process Solaire laughed and responded with, "The Mandibles are a prize, I have no use for them." Solaire suddenly felt a dark aura in the room, but Faust's own aura began feeling far more sinister. That is until Faust revealed that an Old God by the name of Abyss was there. Solaire was called upon and he proudly saluted with his right hand on his heart and his left hand reaching diagonally to the sky.

In a moment, Solaire was in the village. However, the vile abyss had already began taking hold on the villagers. Solaire immediately saw the poor man crying at a boulder muttering something about what Solaire assumed to be a long lost loved one. Solaire felt pity for the man, but that pity was over when Morkai relieved the ailments. Solaire gave a bow of appreciation to Morkai and turned to face Abyss. He then pulled out his sword and the talisman in the other hand. "Those who are blind stumble in the dark, I hold tears in my heart for the hearts that do not know the light. However, my first duty will be to protect those who do hold light in their hearts." Solaire placed his talisman over his sword and said, "Rays of the Sun, be my sword to protect those you shine upon!" The blade began illuminating with a golden light. The light flowed across the sword to its tip like a ray. The blade was clearly enchanted with a holy aura. That could prove to be a very effective weapon against any creature of the abyss.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kaze Tsunekitami
Location GoH Reception ----> Nevermore
Interactions: Auriel ( LostHaven LostHaven ), Ain Watlane ( Sona Sona ), Ashe ( Octo Girl Octo Girl ), Morkai ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Faust ( LostHaven LostHaven ), Abyss ( Sona Sona )
A lot had happened in such a brief span of time. Kaze didn't expect the angel to drink five dishes of Sake, so he instantaniously packed it up back into his pocket dimension and found himself teleported to Fort Black where he snickered to himself a little when Auriel had managed to get batter all over Faust. That moment was shortly lived when a vile presence sent shivers down his spine. Kaze felt as if a force opposite of life and endless in volume had just washed over the world. His hair stood on end and the smile faded from his face as he felt himself move his stance to a readied one and his eyes were so dilated his irises were barely visible.

When the magic circle began to form, Kaze stepped out of the way. An Old God or whatever these two were talking about did not sound like a safe starting adventure for him...but Kaze had no say in the matter as light from a smaller magic circle appeared under his feat and he groaned to himself saying, "Son of a-" The sentence didn't finish though as he teleported straight to the town. Kaze had finished his last word somewhere in the annals that had traveled them to the village, but those words were lost in some form of pseudo-space created by the teleportation technique. As long as he was there he may as well help though. Before the battle began, Kaze summoned Nenema and had her pour some of her nature energy into a blank talisman. Kaze put some symbols on the talisman and then used a rather simple levitation spell with an alteration spell to force them to stick. The talismans then stuck onto the various people and Kaze made a slight announcement saying, "Don't remove the talismans, they're wards. Rather than feeding off of your energy, that..."thing" will feed off of the life energy in the talismans. They'll likely break after a blow capable of killing a bear."

Some of the grass and various life around Kaze began to shift unnoticeably. Some forms of grass where Nenema stood turned into vines which buried into the ground for later use. Nenema stood there in her cat form, continuing to edit the plant life and bury it for Kaze. The entire process happened right under her paws, so for a small creature it would take a while. Kaze began moving those vines around as best as he could, but their location would likely be an approximation due to the lack of runic magic Kaze was familiar with. It was luck for the vines underground, but Kaze doubted those vines would do much good.

Solarilannex - Temple of Bahamut

The boy and his surrogate caretaker were left alone in a giant treasure vault, its guardians scared away by a lich who vacated the area soon after, and the party members who were aiding him gone to perform other, equally nebulous tasks. Solaris blinked and looked at Emma with a peaceful expression - perhaps strange for one of his temperament - asking, "Hey, I wanted to, um... apologize, for breaking your forcefield."

He unclipped a small bag of coins from his belt and tossed it in her direction, with a mixture of tsundere disdain and apologetic embarrassment. Within the bag were around three dozen golden coins, easily enough to renovate the shop, let alone pay for a window.

He looked back at the treasury, with a somber gaze. "I guess it was stupid of me to break in here, but I wanted to get my belongings back. Dad always said that dragons are strong, and the strong should protect the weak, but remind others of their strength, to inspire those who they protect and to scare those who would harm them and theirs. I think I used my strength wrongly, just now."
Noble Scion Noble Scion (Reply at your leisure)

Emma - Paladin temple > Tavern
"'Course ye used your strength wrongly! Ye got a few people killed you little twit!" Emma growled in a more hushed tone, catching the bag of coins as the members of the temple receded away from the place one-by-one, leaving the young dragon and the tavern-keep together.

"Listen, Solaris, if I can call you that. As the son of an ancient dragon, you mustn't be so frivolous throwing out that strength of yours, mulling over what you should and should not do and making the correct decision is part of what makes a hero, but that's what growing up is supposed to teach ya." the spider-woman furrowed, approaching the kid slowly before kneeling and gently taking his hand in hers, gripping it tight enough to keep it there, but not enough to cause pain.

"We've all made mistakes, and I can see this being the first of many for you, but I'm sure you'll live up to your fathers words eventually, even if it does take a while, now how about I go conjure up some cocoa beans and make us a nice hot drink with som'a the coins you've given me, your apology has been accepted." .. And with that, she towed Solaris out of the temple once more, dragging him back to the tavern, purchasing the materials for a hot-chocolate during the journey and creating the warm drinks upon their arrival, closing the tavern for a brief break and sending the rather exhausted couple of barmaidens out to rest for a while alongside a gaggle of rather sad, drunken patrons, electing to keep the door unlocked for the time-being

"Now then." Emma began from her stool in the empty, yet warm and homely bar, with warm drink in-hand. "Tell me about what's gone on between you and your father, and why Mr. Mort, and I suppose now me, are your guardians."
Birdsie Birdsie

Last edited:
[div class=fyuriwrapper][div class=img]
1dddc408f269d6efe823244ca3eb2829.png
[div class=inventory]
Inventory
-
I'll deal with this later
Companionship

Crisis (-50 or worse)
-

Hostile (-26 to -50)
-

Negative (-1 to -25 )
-

Neutral (Base 0)
-

Warm (25 - 50)
-

Friendly (51 - 100)
-

[/div][/div][div class=flex][div class=text][div class=header]Julet[/div]
Tavern ( where Birdsie Birdsie is supposed to be? )
( I swear I can type longer, but rn I am lazy and it is New Year's Eve so... )
It was at this time that the tavern doors flew open dramatically revealing a strange new person. A girl who appeared to be at most perhaps eleven years of age. As she stood there and eyed the patrons of the tavern she had a stern look on her face. She stepped inside and allowed the door to slide closed behind her and as soon as it shut completely, in the most adorable vocal tone one could imagine such a young girl to have spoke.

"Greetings! Is this the place where mortals gather? This place doesn't seem dangerous like that nice old man said though."[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:300px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=inventory] pointer-events:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:left; line-height:10px; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Berkshire Swash'; font-size:30px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Karla'; [/class]

Last edited:
Solarilannex - Temple of Bahamut > Emma's Tavern

His defiance poofed, the dragon didn't say anything at first to using his strength wrongly, but then he said, "Father says mortal life is preserved in the spirit - when the body dies, the soul passes on to other places, where it belongs - I never understood this. If this is true, then why is killing such a terrible crime?" He looked at her for understanding.

He didn't bother to defy her when she took his hand, his willpower to resist or fight back seemingly exhausted. He followed her footsteps obediently, without making a fuss.

*​

Cup in hand, Solaris sipped the cocoa calmly, then widened his eyes when it contacted the inside of his mouth. He kept it open but tilted the mug away, and he breathed out a hot wave of air, implying it had burned his tongue slightly. He rubbed it against his lips for a while, as it numbed from the heat.

Deciding to go for another approach, his jaw seemed to increase in power, his cheeks gaining a rotund shape and his human teeth shifting into sharp and large fangs. He took a bite out of the porcelain mug, chewing on it, then swallowing with a satisfied expression. He turned back to normal once he was done.

Emma asked him about his family, and he wasn't eager to answer, remaining silent for a while.

A good while. It took Solaris half a minute to even open his mouth to speak and a few more seconds to let a word pass out. It was a sad, low word, spoken in a hushed, vengeful tone; reeking of disdain. "Half-baked."

"My dad told me--" He was interrupted, by the door swinging open. A girl came in, and instantly, Solaris seemed triggered, throwing his mug of hot cocoa at her. "WHO ARE YOU CALLING A MORTAL?! I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT I AM SOLARILANNEX, SON OF THE DIVINE BAHAMUT, AND---"

He realized Emma was still behind him. Solaris calmed down, sat down in his chair and neatly cleared his throat. "As I was saying, my dad told me I came out of the egg half-baked. Yes," he politely explained.
Noble Scion Noble Scion Fable Fable

[div class=inventory]
Inventory
-
I'll deal with this later
Companionship

Crisis (-50 or worse)
-

Hostile (-26 to -50)
-

Negative (-1 to -25 )
-

Neutral (Base 0)
-

Warm (25 - 50)
-

Friendly (51 - 100)
-

Tavern ( Birdsie Birdsie Noble Scion Noble Scion )
Julet cringed openly as a voice shouted at her that had clearly been offended by her words, so offended they threw a cup of... something at her. The cup hit the floor and its contents sprayed and splattered everywhere covering Julet's shoes in the dark sticky sweet liquid. The cup itself shattered and sent shards everywhere, deflecting off surfaces and flying. One managing to go high enough to cut her wrist as she used her arms to shield her face instinctively the moment the object had been thrown at her so harshly.

She stood there silently for a moment before lowering her hands down just enough to show her face, her lips trembling and eyes watering before she bawls loudly. "WAAHHHHHHHH! YOU ACTUALLY HARMED ME! YOU, YOU BIG MEANIE! YOU RUINED MY SHOES TOO! I ONLY SAID HELLO!"

Julet continued the sobbing act of distress, though part of her really was actually concerned about this event. Had the Fates set her up to fail? Had they directed the old man's reaction to send her here and put in in this place at this time to face this harshness of the mortal realm?! She'd only been here in the mortal realm for an hour and was already injured!
[/div][/div][/div]

[class=fyuriwrapper] display: flex; flex-direction: row; Flex-flow: row wrap; Justify-content: stretch; max-width:1000px; margin:auto; text-align:justify; padding:15px 0px 15px 0px; [/class] [class=img] width:300px; pointer-events:none; [/class] [class=inventory] pointer-events:auto; font-size:12px; text-align:left; line-height:10px; [/class] [class=flex] flex:1; min-width:300px; [/class] [class=header] font-family:'Berkshire Swash'; font-size:30px; margin:-10px 0 -30px 0; [/class] [class=tags] display:inline-block; font-size:12px; margin-left: 50px; [/class] [class=text] padding:0px 10px 0px 10px; font-family:'Karla'; [/class]

Solarilannex - Emma's Tavern

He winced, when he heard the girl bawling.

Solaris' eyes went as wide as saucers, but his ears instead tried to hide themselves into his skull to escape the screech of the girl next to the entrance; he covered them up. He turned in his chair, yelling in a dismissive voice over her own bawling, "Get over it! If you're such a mighty immortal, a wound like that should heal in seconds! Why are you crying, were you born yesterday?! You don't even have shoes - you're barefoot!"

Even though he pointed all of these things out, she kept crying, and crying, and crying!! AAAAGH!

Honestly... He should have taken up the elders on those offers of learning how to breathe new elements. The eldest brother in the family could breathe all four classical elements, the para-elements, and the quasi-elements, but also positive and negative energy, pure mana, psychic power, acoustics, time, space, nature - the chad could even breathe the concept of fear, breathing it at people to make them die of heart attacks.

Meanwhile, Solarilannex was stuck - most often contentedly, though not right now - with simple, destructive fire.

Right now, Breath of Silence would be useful.

He threw a nearby rag at her, saying, "Clean your feet, or I'll do it for you, and you don't want that! What kind of disrespect is this, walking into a dragon's den, calling him and his --" he paused, to consider Emma, and decided, "-- guardian, 'mortals' and then have the audacity to cry when the dragon pronounces righteous judgment!? Pfft."

He crossed his arms. "What are you anyway? You came here expecting mortals, so I assume you're probably some kind of pitiful low-rank spirit... Fufu, well, I am Solarilannex, also known as Vanathur, son of Bahamut - proclaim thy name, the name of thy lord, and thy business, before I burn thee with the very flames of divine wrath!"

He posed dramatically, trying to, but failing, to look cool, and exposing his head to any possible booping that could be applied to quell his ferocity and convert it into mellow submission.

Noble Scion Noble Scion Fable Fable

Ain Watlane & Abyss
Nevermore| Morkai ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Faust ( LostHaven LostHaven ), Auriel ( LostHaven LostHaven ), Ashe ( Octo Girl Octo Girl )

When Ain opened his eyes, he stood between Morkai and Faust, who were both pointing their scepters at Abyss, Ain looked down on the village. Suddenly, his eyes were locked on the target below. "Abyss..." Ain's voice was low, almost whispering. That could mean only one thing, Ain was serious and out for blood.

Ain placed his left hand over his eyes and created his mask out of nothing but the shadow of his palm. He kneeled down and pulled out one of his two daggers, holding it on his right hand. "This time, you'll be sealed away for good." Said Ain before finally dropping into dead silence, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Abyss stood there, unphased. "So you all managed to get here so quick? As expected of you, you never disappoint." Said Abyss with a sigh as he jumped on the roof of a nearby building, just to get a better view of things.

"So, let me get this straight." Said Abyss. "Morkai shows up, dispells my magic and then Faust with four other people show up, trying to be heroic and all, but-" Abyss said before being interrupted by his pendulum that shined brightly in the direction of the group. "You fools... Did you seriously bring one of the two artifacts with you?" Abyss simply facepalmed. "Pathetic mortals..." Were Abyss's last words before he snapped his fingers.

Suddenly, void energy started to gather on the very ground the group stood on, it would be a matter of seconds before the Void Bomb detonated. "Morkai, this time, things won't turn out in your favor..." Abyss spoke, his eyes locked onto the group, mostly on Ain, who held one of the artifacts. "I will plunge this world into nothingness, then the rest of the worlds will follow, everything will return to the peaceful silence as it was in the beginning." Abyss explained, ready to react in case any of them launched any attacks against him, and ready to strike once the Void Bomb detonated.

Ain was so focused on Abyss that didn't notice what was happening beneath their feet until it was too late. "Get away!" Ain said as he stood up, trying to warn the others. Seeing there was no time, Ain decided to push both Morkai and Faust off the hill since they were the two closest to him, jump off and pray that everyone else jumped away in time. Because a few seconds after Ain had jumped, he heard the explosion on the hill. He was hesitant to look back in fear of seeing a dead ally.

Emma - Emma's Tavern
The sight of the dragon doing the equivalent of a polymorph to cope with the hot liquid was mildly concerning, but she supposed if He liked eating cups, she'd just have to buy more of them. She hadn't been in short supply of money in a long time anyway, what with the thriving business she had. "Uh.. The drink will cool down on its own over time if it's too hot for you." Emma notified him with a giggle at his uncommon shenanigans

The arrival of a young girl was a surprise to be sure, but Emma had always had a soft spot for children, and considering the bar was empty for the time being, she simply smiled warmly at the girl instead of telling her to leave immediately, listening to the . "Ai, this is my bar, welcome in young 'un. Fancy a drink of choc-?", yet before her sentence had even finished, her new son was already throwing out a rather explosive temper tantrum at the use of the new-comers words.

"SOLARIS!" she called, thwacking him over the head with a well-defined slap that would've made a young, cocky man hold their cheek, had it landed there. "I see why he thought you're half-baked if you can't even take a friendly greeting as anything other than insulting! And don't forget, you are a mortal, even if your lifetime is much longer than mine. Could've killed the poor girl with that!" she scolded, standing up, taking a piece of cloth off the table and approaching the young girl that appeared to be nursing her freshly cut arm and disbelievingly staring at the soaked brown clothing.

"I'm sorry darling, he's new around here an' 'specially volatile from what I've seen." she fussed, helping clean up the girl as best she could, particularly around the facial region before handing the girl the damp cloth and storming back to her charge. "Kid, I swear, knock it off with the superiority act or I'll tell everyone to just call you Sol and nothing more." the growl went, with a raised finger to-boot, expecting her words to have a severe impact judged upon how keen he was on proclaiming his titles.

"The bathroom's upstairs, I can grab you some old clothes my daughters used to wear, you're bound to fit at least one of there's. Maybe Lina's.." she voiced to the upset girl that had received such a rude welcoming. What a strangely eventful day.
Birdsie Birdsie Fable Fable

Morkai de Mort - Nevermore

Morkai was an archmage. A title that was given to the most talented spellcasters - not a contemporary one, but a tradition of complexity and simplicity both, spanning a rare category of magus: those who could change the world on any scale if given resources and time - a master of magic.

He could cast quickly, silently, and without gesture if the time called for it. And it did.

Morkai cast Air Dash, his figure speeding across from his position down to where Abyss directed the Void Bomb. Morkai altered its element to Positive Energy, then cast Reflect Magic and batted the Bomb with the spell, which caused the -- now Holy -- Bomb to fly across space in Abyss' direction just in time for the detonation.
LostHaven LostHaven Octo Girl Octo Girl Sona Sona

[div class=inventory]
Inventory
-
  • Cloth 'armor'
  • Wand (focus)
  • Deck of Fate Cards
  • Chromatic String
  • Magical clothes that shift with her physical changes.
  • The Infinite Grimoire (basically a book that never runs out of pages.)
  • Infinite Ink (ink well that never runs out of ink.)
Companionship

Crisis (-50 or worse)
-

Hostile (-26 to -50)
-

Negative (-1 to -25 )
-

Neutral (Base 0)
-

Warm (25 - 50)
-

Friendly (51 - 100)
-

Tavern ( Birdsie Birdsie Noble Scion Noble Scion )
Julet sniffled as the strange creature that introduced herself as the owner of this establishment chastised the one who called themselves Solaris. This had not been the welcome she had expected when she came to the mortal realm at all and honestly as much as her tears earlier had been over-dramatic, she really was actually upset over these events. She allowed the physically older woman to assist in tending to her stained clothing, a few short sniffles as the tears ebbed away.

"I-sniff-I figured what I said was a proper greeting. It wasn't supposed to be offensive, but this is the mortal realm so I had assumed everyone here was mortal and greeted as such. I've never been here before and to answer your question you meanie," she says pointing at Solaris for a moment to make sure the friendly woman knew she didn't mean her. "I had to take on a mortal form to come here and experience Fate entirely; including mortality. I know perhaps I shouldn't blame you, for all I know I could have been led this way to suffer because of a weave, b-but still!"

She used the offered cloth and wiped off what she could with one last sniffle. "I really didn't mean to make a ruckus," she said to Emma. "I was just told this was a place where mortals tended to gather, but it seems so empty. I don't need your kind offer of clothing though." She opened up what appeared to be a small pocket dimension and pulled out a card. The card glowed and Julet's ruined clothes were completely restored before as though nothing had happened as well as the minor wound on her body. It was a card of lesser restoration which also recovered items.

"As for what I am, I am what you would call a student of the Fates; the playwrights of the Gods themselves."
[/div][/div][/div]

[div class=HalleFlex] [div class=HalleImage] [div class=HalleTitle]Sir Hallelujah[/div] [div class=HalleMentions] Character Sheet

Mentions:
Birdsie Birdsie Noble Scion Noble Scion Fable Fable [/div][/div] [div class=Halle]Gallant is he: the Primrose Knight! He rides into town atop a steed fair and white! Dashing! Daring! Devilishly bold! A true hero's spirit belies a gentle soul- "What the hell are you on about?" A rugged man enveloped in flowery vines asks as he is led behind a white horse.

Upon the white horse rides a gorgeous young man; rose pink hair flowing in the soft breeze. He is the traveling Primrose Knight: Hallelujah Violo Gracille. He brushes his bangs to the side and gives a sly smile. "Why my good bandit, it is the beginning of the poem chronicling my gallant adventures. How do you like it?"

"I don't. It actually sucks-" Hallelujah quickly interjects, completely disregarding the bandit's opinion. "No need to answer that for the twinkle in your eyes tells me all I need to know." A short while after, the pair arrives at a tavern. Specifically, a familiar and all too welcoming sight to Hallelujah: Emma's Tavern.

Hallelujah dismounts and takes in a deep breath through his nostrils. "Oh how I miss that homely smell..." He exhales with great satisfaction.

The doors to the tavern swing open with enough oomph to knock over a vase or painting or two. "The gallant Primrose Knight returneth! Emma, my dear, how I miss your wondrously brewed ale!"

Hallelujah struts over to Emma, bandit in tow; a flurry of flower petals follow in his wake. "Oh, and little Sol is here as well. Keeping out of trouble I presume?" He teases. Then he saw her. JUST THE MOST ADORABLE LITTLE THING. "Those clothes! That hair! The color scheme! Oh aren't you just the cutest little button, darling! I must protect this small child at all cost!" Hallelujah poses dramatically as a flower shower comes tumbling down from seemingly out of nowhere. [/div][/div] [class=HalleFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; display: flex; align-items: stretch; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=HalleImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; max-height: 300px; background-image:url('https://i.lensdump.com/i/AuLkQq.png'); background-size: 150%; background-position: 35% 5%; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=HalleTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: white; font-size: 35px; font-family: 'Great Vibes'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px black; text-decoration: underline; [/class] [class=HalleMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Philosopher'; color: white; opacity: 0; background-color: rgb( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=HalleMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=Halle] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Lato'; [/class]

Last edited:
Solarilannex - Emma's Tavern

He cried in pain when Emma thwacked him in the head, inducing, or rather, catalyzing a new series of pulsing pains. The boy dropped to his knees, clutching his head like he was trying to crush it and locking his fingers around his hairs, as he let out a high-pitched noise.

Despite his pain -- and clearly in pain he was, as revealed the tortured sourness of his face -- he stood up, and grinned bravely, his eyes twitching from the agony, and forced himself to say, "S-See?! P-Pain is an illusion! P-Pain is just... weakness... leaving the body! I don't cry, like a baaaaaa--"

Upon speaking his brave words, he bent over backward, landing on his back and beginning to thrash around in pain with a series of ghastly shrieks, as if someone set his everything on fire.

Kind of like an extreme brain freeze.

Once he was done, he stood up, not mentioning or complaining about the pain, though clearly it hadn't quite left yet. Instead, he said, "A Fate, huh? In that case, I'll overlook the insult from earlier. What deities do you serve?"

Before anything else could be said, a man with pink hair, wearing armor walked into the tavern. He eyed the man suspiciously, then poked Emma, whispering, "Who is this, and how does he know I am Solarilannex, Son of Bahamut? It's not like I go around town, declaring that to everyone I meet..."

Noble Scion Noble Scion Fable Fable Blu Blu

Last edited:
Ashitaka - West of Cailgoown
After days of searching, he had finally found it.

Ashitaka had traveled with little rest and even less to eat for days on end just to find the city he had heard only in legend. Well, not so much legend, but being from a small island country, anything could be called legendary given enough excitement. After asking for directions many, many times, countless storms, even heading in the completely wrong direction a handful of times, he finally stood with the city in sight.

He adjusted the buckles holding his weapons, took a deep breath, and began heading for the city of Cailgoown.

Emma - Emma's Tavern
The news that this little girl wasn't of this realm didn't come as much of a surprise, given that the same morning a dragon had crashed through her window and since become her adoptive son, which even the thought of spurred on a soft chuckle from the spider-woman at the sheer incredulous day she'd had after such an uneventful week. "You did nothing wrong sweetie, just Solaris here is in a bit of a mood, it's his first day in this realm too!" she hummed to the girl, choosing her words carefully to hopefully not offend the child of bahamut, not that she was afraid of him, but more on the side that if she was to be his guardian, it wouldn't do if he hated her straight off the bat.

"I wish I could do that.. You don't know what it's like to find clothes to fit my figure!" Emma joked to the girl after the sudden disappearance and appearance of clothes through the use of a simple card, the likes of which she hadn't seen before in her lifetime.

The arrival of yet another person however led the woman to give a short heave of exasperation. "I s'pose it isn't fair if I only let children in.. Break's over, we'll chat about your family and what not later hun. I'm heading out to go find my barmaids, be a dear and fetch Sir Hallelujah here a drink, Sol."

"Young man, if you're going to live up to your dragon name, you're gonna have to take a bit more of a beating than a window and the light tap of my hand, and your name's spread a little from your temple escapades if I had to take a guess" Emma frowned to the previously squealing dragonling nudging her before leaving his side, setting her quarter-filled cup on the counter and bustling out the door.

She swiftly came back with an exasperated red-haired vampire in-tow who had a cigarette in-hand and a second woman with a beaming smile, who set to work cleaning up before their re-opening
Birdsie Birdsie Fable Fable Blu Blu

Ashitaka - City of Cailgoown

Ashitaka wandered the bustling streets of the large city. He was almost overwhelmed with options! There where establishments of all kind: pubs, smithies, markets, and many more. He took out the Katana rested on his hip, and observed the edge. Indeed, it had been some time since it had last been maintained properly. He had done well in keeping his blade in such a condition with what he had on hand, but with so little steel on the actual blade, he would rather be safe than sorry.

The foreign swordsman approached a nearby blacksmith, handed him his blade, and asked for some upkeep.

The bladesmith looked at him.

"You're not from here, are you?" He asked quizzically.

"I am not." Ashitaka responded simply. "I traveled here from Mokushu, in search of work." This wasn't entirely true, but it was enough in the past.

"Aye... well, the blade will be ready by morning." Said the Smith.

"Morning? Is there any way that you can speed up the process?" Ashitaka said with concern.

"Afraid not, sir. We don't get many blades like this. They take time."

The swordsman sighed.

"Alright... morning it is. I'll see if I can find a place to stay..." Ashitaka paid his due, and left, hoping to find an inn before sunset.

[div class=inventory]
Inventory
-
  • Cloth 'armor'
  • Wand (focus)
  • Deck of Fate Cards
  • Chromatic String
  • Magical clothes that shift with her physical changes.
  • The Infinite Grimoire (basically a book that never runs out of pages.)
  • Infinite Ink (ink well that never runs out of ink.)
Companionship

Crisis (-50 or worse)
-

Hostile (-26 to -50)
-

Negative (-1 to -25 )
Solaris (-10)

Neutral (Base 0)
Emma (10)

Warm (25 - 50)
Sir Hallelujah Violo Gracille (25)

Friendly (51 - 100)
-

Tavern ( Blu Blu Noble Scion Noble Scion Birdsie Birdsie )
Julet's eyed widened a bit and she covered her mouth with robe-covered hand as she tried to not laugh at the mean one trying to act tough after being hit hard by the nice older lady. The next moment he was on the floor writhing in pain before snapping back up as though nothing happened, asking her a question of who she directly served. "I don't serve anyone, not yet. You could say I'm in-training right now before I'll be allowed to server any deities. I have my own hopes as to which among them I would prefer, but that is private."

"His first day too?" Julet said with a slight tilt of her head as she regarded Solaris. How cocky of him then to treat her as such then if he was new to this realm as well! The conversation was interrupted by a pink-haired man entered the tavern casually and speaking as though he was very familiar with the other two. Julet blinked for a moment as he fawned over her and she cutely blushed before letting out a happy squeal of delight at this friendly mortal. Her mentors had been correct, mortals were more fond of cute children!

"I like you! You seem fun. How dis get your hair that color? Or is it natural? Your armor is really pretty too! Do you always make flower appear? I sure you always smell like flowers then." Julet excitedly chattered and questioned and a fast pace, practically socially assaulting the knight with eagerness to know more.
[/div][/div][/div]

Ashitaka - City of Cailgoown

"What brings you to our little city?" The smith called after him.

Ashitaka turned to face him.

"Well, there's hardly anything little about it!" The man smiled. "I am merely passing through, looking for work."

"You're a merc?"

"Well, I prefer the term traveler."

"Still, you work fight for the sound of pay all the same." The smith sighed. The swordsman was taken aback by this statement, unsure what to say.

"Yes, I suppose I do."

"If you're looking for work, the best place to start would be the local tavern. People go for drinks, bringing their problems with them." The smith said. "But if you want REAL work, I recommend the Guild of Heroes."

"Guild of Heroes?"

"You really are a foreigner, are you? It's exactly what it sounds. People take their problems there, and send men like you to fix 'em. It's not that complicated."

"Mayhaps I'll pay it a visit..." Ashitaka shrugged. "...when my weapon is finished."

"Right, right. I'll start right away. You take care now."

And with that, the foreigner left to explore the city with the time he had.

Spontaneous Divine Intervention

Suddenly, a man ran out of nowhere, clad in white robes from head to toe like a stereotypical ghost with two pseudopods for arms and a hole for his eyes. The ghostman had a cart with him, big enough to fit three square meters worth of farm crops.

The robed man ran up from behind, hitting Ashitaka with the rim of his cart and packing him in. He then ran down the street and let go once the street began to go downhill. The cart went down at a furious velocity until hitting -- and breaking through -- the door of a tavern.

BakaTheIdiot BakaTheIdiot (I can see you can't find a way to interact, so I decided to nudge the situation a bit.) Blu Blu Noble Scion Noble Scion Fable Fable

[div class=HalleFlex] [div class=HalleImage] [div class=HalleTitle]Sir Hallelujah[/div] [div class=HalleMentions] Character Sheet

Mentions:
Fable Fable Birdsie Birdsie Noble Scion Noble Scion [/div][/div] [div class=Halle]Hallelujah's dramatic posing comes to a pitiful end when Solaris mentions that he doesn't know who Hallelujah is nor why he would know the young dragonling's name. Those words... "Who is this?" Like a dagger through the heart, one seething with the most vicious of poisons. Oh the humanity! "Y-Y-You don't know who I am???" Hallelujah asks; his face, grim, and visibly perturbed. He falls to his knees and pounds the wooden floor with the flat side of his fist while weeping pitifully. "Impossible! Has not my reputation reacheth the darkest corners of every world?! Oh lad, how you wound me so!" He complains vehemently. The bandit hops over, kneels down, and pats Hallelujah a few times on the back, telling him "There, there..."

Theatrics ignored, Emma then asks Solaris to fetch Hallelujah a drink. "Y-Yes, a drink will calm my nerves. I must say, Sol, you've quite a forked tongue on you. Alas, the world is yet far too ugly if even the likes of you have not heard of the Primrose Knight's legendary exploits. I must continue my quest to make the world a beautiful place so that poor children like 'Sol-longname' will learn of my great deeds." He walks over to a table and sits down sighing. "But to answer your previous inquiry, I know of you by way of Morkai de Mort. I ASSUMED he would take time out to recount to you tales of my heroic endeavors, but I guess... he... forgot..." Hallelujah depressingly explains.

His spirits are quickly lifted however when the just-oh-so-adorable little girl walks over and bombards him with a series of questions. As she asks her questions, Hallelujah has a blank look on his face as if his soul has left the mortal plains. "This girl... She is far too precious for this cruel and ugly world... I want to envelope you in a thick, warm blanket and show you off to all my friends." Hallelujah quietly thinks to himself.

When she is finished asking her questions, life comes back to Hallelujah's expression and he proceeds to answer her in the same excitable, rapid fashion. "I like you too! You also seem like a great deal of fun! My hair is natural! This armor is an heirloom of my family! Aren't the flowers just great! By the way, what's your name? Where are you from? How did you get so cute? This is my friend, Mr. Bandit! He's a bandit! Are you in need of a legal guardian to protect and feed you? How do you have such a great sense of style for one so young-" The bandit grows tired of the incessant chatter. "ENOUGH! Listen here you moronic pouf! I'm the damn farmer the thief was stealing from! You captured the wrong guy you imbecile-"

Just then a cart comes assailing through the tavern doors with great speed and ferocity. Hallelujah gently takes hold of the little girl and dives out of harm's way. "Son of a-" The bandit is swiftly knocked on his back by the cart. "Are you alright, my dear?" Hallelujah asks the little girl with genuine concern. "I'm just glad no one got hurt." He exhales. "I hate this place..." The bandit mutters in pain in the background. [/div][/div] [class=HalleFlex] width: 100%; max-width: 1000px; margin: 0 auto; justify-content: center; display: flex; align-items: stretch; flex-flow: row wrap; box-sizing: border-box; [/class] [class=HalleImage] position: relative; width: 300px; max-width: 100%; max-height: 300px; background-image:url('https://i.lensdump.com/i/AuLkQq.png'); background-size: 150%; background-position: 35% 5%; background-repeat: no-repeat; margin: 5px; [/class] [class=HalleTitle] position: absolute; bottom: 2.5px; width: 100%; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; height: auto; text-align: center; color: white; font-size: 35px; font-family: 'Great Vibes'; text-shadow: 0px 0px 8px black; text-decoration: underline; [/class] [class=HalleMentions] position: absolute; width: 100%; height: 100%; top:0; padding: 5px; box-sizing: border-box; font-family: 'Philosopher'; color: white; opacity: 0; background-color: rgb( 0,0,0,0.65); transition: opacity .5s; [/class] [class name=HalleMentions state=hover] opacity: 1; [/class] [class=Halle] position: relative; min-width: 200px; flex: 1; height: auto; padding: 0px 15px; margin: 5px; font-family: 'Lato'; [/class]

(Oooof, I was working on it, but thanks.)

Ashitaka - Cailoown -> Emma's Tavern

Ashitaka was taken by sheer - and painful - surprise. The sudden change in velocity left him breathless, and crashing through a door left him bruised, angry, and very, very confused.

After stretching, wincing, and looking around the local tavern, he stood up, rubbing a small cut on his forehead from the splintered door.

"I can pay for the door... and a drink, please." Ashitaka groaned. "I've been here five bloody minutes and I'm already unceremoniously smashing through doors... My apologies."

He turned to face his accidental attacker.

"As for you... Hit me with another cart, and I just might lose my temper." He growled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back