• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes [IC]

Quinsir Tetramaz
Mention: None (Open for Interaction)

Another day, another busy work in the kitchen. Quinsir had gone up extra early like he usually does. Every day was the same routine for the cook of the Guild. It's always cook a huge breakfast for the heroes, Wake his little sister up from her sleep, Get her ready to start her day, Cook a large feast for a lunch during the afternoon, Do extra Guild chores, cook up yet again another big feast for dinner and clean everything up afterwards, then do it all again in the next day. Despite his tiresome work, he never complains anything about and just moves on like usually does. Right now he is in the massive hot blazing kitchen of the Guild's dining area. Finishing off the rest of the breakfast menu by cooking the rest.

Quinsir stands in front of a giant boiling hot pot of porridge that gives off a strong sweet aroma that can drive anyone who passes by hungry. He quietly and gently stirs the porridge while it cooks slowly. Which is no surprise since Quinsir himself is the one behind the cooking. This was not the only thing that is being cooked in the kitchen. There were other couple of pots and pans of various sizes cooking here and there. Giving a a steamy atmosphere inside the kitchen. The heat was intense for anyone to bear especially if they are not used to getting intense heat. One could sweat a river inside this hot kitchen. As usual he only wears his work pants, dirty old apron and undershirt as he cooks through the kitchen with little sweat on his forehead. Quinsir was moving from pot to pot, chop board to creates. He was moving everywhere, attending each and every single dish being cooked under the heat. He chopped vegetables here, later he adds seasonings on a saucepan pan with a warm stew in it and dicing small meat at inhuman speeds.

Quinsir was almost done with the cooking of... Everything. The scent of the kitchen was leaking through the dining area. The sweet smell of porridge, aroma of a warm vegetable soup and the scent of juicy meat of various kinds were the most noticeable ones. A few minute later. He came out of the kitchen with a freshly washed red apple in hand. It seems like he is done cooking such a large amount of food. He sat in one of the chairs of the dining area and took a bite of the apple. He just sat there eating in peace. He wanted to sit down and eat a bit before he calls on everyone for breakfast, he wouldn't be surprised if they arrived before the announcement.

Emma - Emma's Tavern

"Forcefield..? Witch? Hm.. Maybe Russel did something to ya, or are you talking 'bout my window you broke and are planning on paying for? Slamming that with your head was probably a good way to give yourself a headache. Also, children have no taste nowadays.. All the younglings are mad about treasure so much that nobody can respect a good wall.." The owner of the tavern hummed thoughtfully to herself as he leapt out of the bed with seemingly menacing intent. Emma did not fear children, even if they were deceptively strong, and simply watched the boy with narrow eyes, ensuring that he didn't try anything, which he did, but did not require her interruption as the boy simply fell to the ground on his own.

"Well then 'Solarilannex, son of bahamut', if that's who you are, which I doubt as the son of someone so mighty would probably not be running around slamming their heads into random tavern windows. You know who I am, and I am currently taking your threats into consideration on whether I should kill you right now, given your evident strength that was probably trained into you by some cult, and have the guilt of killing a child on my conscience for the rest of my life, or whether I should keep you around until you pay off the debt for that window." She said with honesty, as though the threat on his life was trivial, however the thought weighed heavily on her mind.

Emma didn't think she could bring herself to kill a child, not after raising so many of them, even if they were an assassin, and so, she simply wished the child would take fright at her words and not force her to do something drastic like knock him out and throw him back into the centre of town, where he'd probably not die, but might have a bit of a rough time.

The child continued spouting delusions nonsense about breath and claws, which left Emma feeling rather sorry for the kid, although she refused to show it, and simply folded three of her arms and pointed to the bed. "You're grounded." she said with a strange sense of authority that would've made even the manliest of men tremble. The tone of a mother. "Get into bed and rest, or you'll kill yourself before I can even help you get better."

And with that, Emma walked over, picked up what she thought was a human child and placed him comfortably on the bed. "I'll get you a glass of water to clear your throat, and some food, then you shall get some rest. Then, hopefully, you'll stop lying to me and tell me who you are and what you're doing in my tavern.", and with that, before anything more could be said, the spider-woman Emma thumped out for several minutes, before returning with a half-loaf of bread with small pieces of ham and a glass of water and placing them on the bed.
(interacting with Birdsie Birdsie )​

Auriel
Emma's Tavern | Octo Girl Octo Girl , Noble Scion Noble Scion

As Ashe walked into the tavern, she would hear the voice of another woman, followed by a table being thrown into the air, landing back on the floor with a crash, followed by two rowdy men flung into the air and piling on top of the ruined table. Of course, the cause of the mayhem was none other than a drunk fallen angel. Satisfied with the result, Auriel clapped her hands together and returned to her seat, taking a drink out of a large bottle of wine. Beside her table was several empty wine bottles placed in a straight line, and if one were to count, they'd find that it totaled to six empty wine bottles, and soon to be seven.

"Whomst the fuck do you think I am? If it weren't illegal, you morons would be diced and fed to my pet!" Auriel scolded the two men who she had handed a beating to, though she failed to notice that they were completely unconscious. Her cheeks were bright red, as she was quite drunk, for any who could remain sober after six and a half bottles of wine would be no less than that of a deity.

Auriel gazed over to the entrance, as she had sensed the presence of an entity not completely unlike herself. She had already knew that it were most likely Ashe, but she looked over anyways. She waved toward the young girl, all the while drinking down a mouthful of the wine.

Ashe Revant / Emma's Tavern

Ashe sighed as she saw her mentor. Dumpling laughed a bit as Ashe walked towards Auriel. This wasn't the first time this had happened and it certainly wouldn't be the last.

"Auriel... You've had too much again..." Ashe said bluntly, not afraid of telling the truth. "You are going to either get kicked out or be made to pay off the table..." Ashe sighed once more as Dumpling made a small gurgling noise. "This is not a joking matter Dumpling... But it was funny..." she said as she smiled at Dumpling's 'You're tearing this family apart' joke that only Ashe heard.

LostHaven LostHaven Noble Scion Noble Scion

??? Bar maiden - Emma's Tavern
(With a small hood)
red-haired smoking woman.jpg
The bar maiden watched as Auriel flung the duo of men a fair way through the room along with one of the table's that Emma had spent so long carefully choosing for the bar being carelessly tossed across the room.

Her crimson eyes showed disgust at the action, yet she meekly trotted away from the bar counter, over to the upturned table, and lifted it back up with a small huff before screeching it across the ground back to its original position. Only then, did she turn to the two men lying on the ground unconscious, and proceeded to drag them by their hands out the tavern door, before swiftly returning back to her position at the counter, her eyes looking resigned as she simply did her job.

Today had been a long day.
Octo Girl Octo Girl LostHaven LostHaven

Solarilannex - Emma's Tavern

When she said those stern words, 'you're grounded,' he looked at her with scorn. There was indignation in his eyes, a refusal to comply no matter what; like he'd die if he did. Worst of all, with all these negative thoughts, his headache only became stronger. Tears began to form in his eyes, and yet, he refused to blink, as that would make them flow down.

"You dare... look down on... me?" he asked, his voice raspy like that of a chain smoker and sounding thin as though he was dying from some deadly disease.

But seemingly, the boy, though he didn't have strength, had determination - or perhaps hate - strong enough to let him force himself to stand straight. He tried to breathe in again, to repeat his action from before. This time, he didn't even have the strength to do the entire thing. A spark, maybe two, clicked in his mouth impotently and yet forcefully, but no heat came out, and the exertion made him fall straight into Emma's arms.

He was planted on the bed, and he laid there, staring at the ceiling with powerless anger. The king of headaches that plagued the back and front of his head refused to give up.

By the time Emma came up, he lacked his previous grimace. His face was cold, resigned. His red cheeks suggested he was crying, though the visible lack of tears further implied he wiped them away thoroughly.

When she brought him food, he refused to eat, or even look at her.

But he said, "I am Solarilannex, I am a son of the Dragon-God Bahamut, however, my father disowned me and sent me away here to live out my days. His clergymen apprehended me and locked me away, but I escaped. When I was running away, I saw paladins down the street and jumped for cover, only to discover you had set up a forcefield of some kind around this building."

He hoped silently that she wouldn't insinuate he was saying this because he had no other choice.

"Also, I cannot pay you back, as my treasures were confiscated by the clergy. I would have to return and steal them back," he said, leaving out the 'but I'm afraid I'm not strong enough to do that,' and hoping Emma wouldn't notice.

"Also, what is this way of treating a guest?!" He looked at her for the first time since she came back into the room. "Don't you have healing spells? My head hurts because of your forcefield!"
Noble Scion Noble Scion

Auriel
Emma's Tavern | Octo Girl Octo Girl , Noble Scion Noble Scion

"There is only such thing as not enough alcohol..." Auriel muttered in response to Ashe, dropping a seventh empty bottle of wine on the ground. "How much can a table be worth anyway? Are you the not least worried about the two guys that had their asses handed to them?" Of course, that said, Auriel didn't care for the two men she had beat up herself.

Auriel then pointed toward the bar maiden who casually placed the table back where it should have been and then threw the men that the fallen angel had knocked out right out the front door. "What was that about being kicked out of a bar again?" Auriel asked with a satisfied smirk. "Creepy men who sexually-harass people deserve to be fed to an eldritch god," she remarked annoyedly, all the while reminding herself how ridiculous Ashe looked while talking to Dumpling.

"A pet? Since when was I your pet, angel?" Xal'Thantalax's voice echoed in her mind.

"Shut up, get out of my head."

"You sound pretty hypocritical there. Nobody can hear me but you either, yes? And why are you speaking out loud? You look like a lunatic too..."

Auriel ignored the eldritch creature and let out a heavy sigh. She stumbled out of her seat and shakily retrieved her greatsword which had been casually discarded on the ground, unsheathed. By some miracle, an idiot hadn't cut themselves on it and gotten afflicted with blight. She barely managed to get the dangerous weapon into its sheath, and carried it on her back. "Why are you in a tavern so early in the morning?" Auriel questioned her self-proclaimed disciple, even though it was even more bizarre to be downing absurdly large quantities of alcohol first thing in the morning.

Ashe Revant / Emmas Tavern

"I could be asking you the same thing, as i was searching for you..." she said with a sigh. "You left me at the Inn woth no clues as to where you went... I thought we were going to the guild hall today." Ashe said with another sigh.

Ashe was silent for a moment and then put the cage Dumpling was in up to her face. "I swear to the gods above if you do not stop making those unneeded comments I will throw you into a pool of holy water." she said a bit angry. Dumpling must have said something to strike a nerve of hers.

LostHaven LostHaven

Quinsir Tetramaz
Mentions: Computing Magus Computing Magus (Direct Interaction) Birdsie Birdsie (Direct interaction) The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof eldorado eldorado LostHaven LostHaven

Upon finishing the rest of the refreshing apple. He didn't took long to finish the fruit and stood up from his seat. It's been a few minutes and no one he knows has been down there. Then again, the guild always has it's own business as well as everyone in it. He doesn't blame them for it. After all, being a hero isn't all fun and games. Quinsir sat a bit longer waiting for anyone to arrive. He patiently sits as his eyes scroll around the barren dining area. He didn't worry about the food going cold for it's always warm in the kitchen as long as they remain there.

It's been a past few minutes now and Quinsir had started to worry about the Heroes. Maybe everyone is super busy. A real worried facial expression projected on the man's face. Without further hesitation, he stood up and took matters in his own hands. He was growing impatient at the moment. He wanted to inform the people that he had food served. he stood up and walked out of the dining area. His face was always blunt and stoic like usual but not to the point that he is unapproachable. He passed a couple of areas around the Guild, he had one target in mind. The Guild master's office. He wanted to inform the head first about informing everyone that food is served. He passed by the receptionist who looks busy at the moment and he didn't want to interrupt them at the moment, not wanting to get on anyone's bad side today. With a simple huff of breath he greeted to them.

"Good day." He greeted to the receptionist softly, with his low masculine voice. He passed them so fast that he didn't even made a stop for eye contact and went on like nothing happened. He'll surely comeback and tell them though but he really wanted to get somewhere fast today. He walked and walked until he found the Guildmaster's office. He hardly enters the office for good reasons but this one is somehow exceptional. On his way to the front door which was to his surprise was slightly opened and voices of different individuals are heard on the other side. It sounded like a commotion too. Having no sense of sensitivity at the moment. He knocked on the door that is already unlocked and proceeds to enter inside after knocking. Which defeats the whole concept of knocking in the first place. As he enters he said the following words...

"Pleasant day for you, Guildmaster. May i request to..." Quinsir's polite tone of voice slowly faded upon seeing that the Guildmaster wasn't alone and he is not talking about the cats but rather the many different Guild members present in one room. It seems that he interrupting something that they were about to do. Which slightly embarrasses him but he really needs something done.

"...I am very sorry if i am interrupting a very important moment right now... But i just wanted to inform you that there's food in the dining area..." Quinsir's awkward yet stoic voice continued on despite cutting a conversation. To make things less awkward he had to make a quick leave with a purpose. He looked around the office for someone who he wants as a temporary assistant. There he saw the green skinned man who doesn't seem to have anything to do with the current moment. he cleared up his voice and called to him.

"Excuse me but if he happens to be free at the moment can he help me with something?" He asked the Guildmaster before tuning his head back to the one he reffers to. His tone of voice went back to his normal low and cold tone of voice.

"If it's okay with you, that is. That's all, again i am truly sorry for interrupting you, Guildmaster. I shall take my leave." He asked the Hobgoblin before making a short goodbye. He stepped out of the room and started to walk back to the kitchen but anyone could catch up to him.

Faust Windfallow
Main Office, tailing the chef guy. | Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre

"Good day"

Faust heard a man greet him in a low voice, so soft that he could barely make out the words the man had uttered out. "Huh?" Faust looked up from the new book he had begun to read, but by the time he had turned up, the man was already gone, and rushing toward the Guildmaster's office. "Must've been an important matter?" Faust uttered quietly, before returning to the novel.

He soon realized, however, that the cheap novel was clearly not worth his time, and was close to bottom-tier trash that was religious scriptures. Laying the book down on his desk, Faust rose from his chair and headed the direction which Faust presumed the man was headed.

He caught Quinsir leaving the Guildmaster's office, and headed toward the kitchen. Faust picked up his pace, and caught him in time. He gave Quinsir a tap over the shoulder. However, if Quinsir would look back, he would see a tall masked man staring down at him, two glowing red dots of soulfire behind the raven-mask, glaring down at him. Perhaps the receptionist had been angered thoroughly by some act of provocation?

"Hello there. Do you need any assistance, by any chance?" The receptionist spoke out in an unnerving voice that sends shivers of dread down the spine of any mortal. Shadowy whispers trailed off from his voice, leaving eerie echoes that repeated his words. Of course, Faust wasn't mad or angry, he was simply poking around for a reaction from the man, for his own personal amusement.

GilGasping, she tried to steady herself. Her iron grip on the door slowly relaxed as she let out one long puff of air. Gil wiped a tear from her eye, chuckling quietly about the little girl growling at her. How like a kitten the little beast was!

"Please do forgive me..." She said as sincerely as she could manage. Her voice came out shakily. "This was not at all how I intended to introduce myself." She discovered that if she stared straight at the desk in front of her, she could focus long enough to remember that this was a grave and serious matter and that she wanted to make the best impression.

Reaching into her robe, the young cantor drew out a scroll, on which a seal of the Heroes' Guild glistened golden above its crimson wax. She drew in a breath, and set it down on the table, with all composure meeting the guildmaster's... eyeless eyes. "I am Gil, a Cantor of Elnor from the Remmsworth Convent. I am but an Honorary Member, having proven my worth in Gungvale, both as an investigator and advisor in the pursuit of a serial murderer. You will find me a capable healer and a useful detective, and though I am sworn never to harm another, I will not hesitate to proclaim justice on the head of the wicked when it is due."

The door creaked open then, but Gil retained her posture. As the intruder apologized (and yet continued his interruption), she waited patiently.

Finally, the man left, the door closed. So, Gil finished her spiel: "It would be of great benefit to me to join your Heroes' Guild. Only let me know what I must do to prove myself worthy, that I may meet my intent to see it done."

Last edited:
Quinsir Tetramaz
Mention: LostHaven LostHaven (Direct Interaction)

Making a return trip to the kitchen. Quinsir quietly walked his way into the kitchen. The distance between the two places he went were far from each other but he knows how to get there faster through odd shortcuts. He placed both hands in both of his pockets and looked straight ahead to see anyone crossing his way. Quinsir doesn't seem to be one who approaches people first but he is indeed approachable. He just hopes the Hobgoblin follows him for an extra hand. He can do it by himself but he wanted to make most of his time work faster.

Halfway through the trip. A tap on the shoulder diverted his attention from what's in front of him. He gave a slow turn over his shoulder and stopped on his tracks. He glanced back from the one who tapped on his shoulder starting from bottom to the top. Halfway through the glance he already recognizes who it was, the receptionist. The one he greeted earlier. He was rather slow on replying quickly over the receptionist's towering figure. With a calm expression on his face, he heard them spoke first with a eerie echoing voice. He'll admit it is disturbing but it seems that the man is only asking a decent question which he at the first didn't understood since his voice echoes deeply but thank goodness he can think.

"Oh, not really... Thank you for your concern, though. But i already asked someone else to do it for me, have a good day." He replied bluntly before turning his head away from them and proceeds to walk pass them without saying another word.

Mentions: Gil (( eldorado eldorado )), Guildmaster (( Birdsie Birdsie )), Lilith (( The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof )), Quinsir (( Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre ))

As soon as the Guildmaster begun to settle in on the details, Udgirr simply decided to watch the scene unfold, since it seems he hasn't already been commanded to leave. Y'know, it's not like he would be too restricted from every single matter the Guild does. However, without a forewarning, Gil seems to have gone into a fit of laughter, which uttterly bewildered the hobgoblin, as nothing appears to be out of the ordinary in the room. It took him a moment after the priestess asked if the Guildmaster was the real thing, that the subject of humour seems to be the Guildmaster himself, and whatever may be in the unorthodox scene that appeared before her. Udgirr somewhat selflessly felt like it was his fault for bringing a woman of such unproffesional mannerisms to be brought to the Guildmaster, but at least she has decided to calm down.

During the commotion, it appears another particular member of the Guild has also entered. This one was the prominent Guild cook, Quinsir. Lunch was announced to be ready. That's one problem with the Guild, Udgirr believes. Such daily announcements have only been spread through word of mouth as far as he knew, so something akin to a Guild bell indicating a daily affair such as lunch would be quite the innovation. They ask for Udgirr's assistance on the kitchen if he could, and Udgirr slowly nods, still a bit flabbergasted with Gil's outburst. He'll follow later, for one guilty reason; he does want to see what would happen here in the office.

It appears that Gil was indeed a cantor, and she would offer her services to the Guild as one of its members. It wasn't everyday that one gets to find a new member, but it was nonetheless a good event. However, given her unnecessary performance earlier, the Guildmaster definitely hasn't taken a shine to her, and might affect his verdict when it comes to Gil's recruitment. Personally, Udgirr finds it fine to allow her in given that she seems to possess a certain amount of divine abilities, something Udgirr empathizes with, but it's not in his position to say anything about that as of current. He was only here to escort Gil to the Guildmaster. Maybe he can say he's also here to escort Gil out, whether as a member or not. A simple reason he can throw out when they ask on why he still remains, Udgirr believes.

The Sword and Scimitar Co.
Hunslaus Valentin

Hunslaus grasped the reins to his stallion as to pull it toward the stable with a swagger in his step, that was until shockingly enough, a boy who seemed no older than ten sent himself through the nearest window. Drawing a symbol of prayer from shoulder to shoulder and kissing his hand he shook his head, "By all that's holy n' the heavens high, little nutters everywhere," The mercenary peered through the shattered glass and around the interior of the tavern with alarm. "Nice enough, least there's a breeze now. Easier ways to crack open a window, but the lad seems to have a glass half full in my opinion." Valentin didn't stay around to see the child carted off to bed. Rather, he finished stabling his horse and collecting the belongings which couldn't be stored with the steed, for fear of thievery.

Hitching the bags over his shoulder and beckoning the wiry-haired wolfhound who never strayed far from his side, the mercenary made his way into the tavern. Remnants of glass crunching underfoot, wedging into the floorboards. Readjusting his belt and drawing on his pipe, tobacco smoke swirled up and around his nose. Drifting from his mouth in a fog that had warm hints of foreign plains, it was as much a perfume as it was a stress relief. Sidling up to the bar, managing to rest his elbow on the counter beside other patrons, Valentin flashed a debonair smile.

"Over 'ere, apologies fer the interruption, Ma'am," He called toward the barmaid, digging into his purse hitched on a leather belt which wrapped about his middle, keeping the surcoat and holstering his weaponry. "I was gon' ask if you got any spare rooms? Two to be exact. An' what's the policy on dogs? Gotta know whether I can keep this fella, he's trained n' all, but he's good to sleep in the stable if the owner of this fine establishment ain't a fan. If that's over and done with, I wouldn't mind a drink of what's on tap and a bowl of whatever youse got that's hot."

To say he wanted to get out of peoples hair quick was an understatement, after all, the woman seemed to have enough on her hands with running the bar. Especially when a child-shaped missile had just come barrelling through the blasted window, besides having to throw out the two brawling men. That and the guest of the tavern who had previously dealt with them. Two other females sitting at their own table, interesting to observe, not the sort he'd want to get mixed up in. Looking like mages, his partner would complain until no end. The whining occasionally got on his nerves. He had no qualms against magic users himself, after all, he was taught charms by his grandmother as a farm boy. Never would they drink dirtied water, never would they get lost, and never would they let another be bewitched.. Alas, never had he been skilled enough to ever cast beautiful, beguiling spells that made every fibre of your being thrum with energy.

Hun let his hand rest atop Griff's head, the canine leaning into his owners touch as the sellsword rubbed the soft pup's ear between forefinger and thumb distractedly. He wouldn't admit to having many friends, for surely he'd made more enemies in his time, although there was one animal that would never cheat, lie, or betray. And that was a dog. Man's best friend, loyal until the end of days. He would always come back. He'd surely admit that the hound was one of his closest companions, for out in the woodlands when he cut firewood, or sharpened his claymore, he'd talk to the beast who sat and looked at him with large, brown eyes. He didn't understand, but there was that odd sympathy. Like they knew the gist of it.

Interactions: Barmaid ( Noble Scion Noble Scion )
Mentions: Customers ( LostHaven LostHaven Octo Girl Octo Girl aceXstryker aceXstryker ), Partner ( High Moon High Moon )

Last edited:
Morkai de Mort - Guildmaster's Office

He stared at the man who just came in - one of the chefs - and who informed them that there was food being served in the dining area.

This was no surprise to Morkai, who already knew that it was lunchtime. Though he didn't eat as an undead, Morkai was aware bad things usually happened at lunchtime due to an old adventurer saying, and here he was, being pestered by his daughter and getting dissed by a potential hire.

The man asked for help, then left. Morkai simply nodded along mysteriously. "Udgirr," the Guildmaster said. "Please, you may go and help in the kitchen. I'll take care of the new hiree myself."

He turned to the aformenetioned potential heroine. "Well then, where were we? Ah, yes, you laughed at me then gave me your application. Let's see..."

The Lich picked up the scroll given to him by the clergywoman. He opened it up, then peered within, the dots of soulfire that served as his pupils sliding across the length of the text concurrently as he listened to her plea. He was appraising her, evaluating her abilities and seeing if they could be useful. A being with hundreds of years of experience, ascertaining your value - it could feel unnerving.

When she finished her speech, it was his turn. "I see no reason to reject this application," Morkai told her, without even looking up from the scroll. "You have skills, and maybe not determination but faith enough - to prevail in the Guild. You are accepted in."

"As for what you should work on first, try learning how to respect your elders," he said with subtlety in his tone, handing her back the scroll.

Steepling his hands on the desk, Morkai turned to his surrogate daughter. "Lilith, would you mind showing - Miss Gil, was it - around?"

Meanwhile, in his thoughts: 'SCORE! Get rid of two snot-nosed brats with one fell stroke! You win today, Barry! Absolute victory! Well, it may be kind of mean, but in the end, everyone benefits. Lilith gets a new friend that she can pester, the rookie gets a layout of the land, and I finally get a break with some peace and quiet... Ah, how good it is to be a mastermind like me...'

Suddenly, and without rhyme nor reason, Morkai successfully executed a villainous three-stage laughter; starting with a quiet 'he-he-he-he,' evolving into 'fufuhahaha-puwahahahahaha' and finally spiraling into a maddened 'MWA HAA HAAA HAAA HAAA!' as he upraised his skeletal hands, their fingers splayed, to the right and left, bits and pieces of his menacing undead aura leaking through, though not enough of them to cause true terror or fear - but perhaps enough to make someone very anxious.

Now, this was what you'd expect when seeing a lich.

eldorado eldorado Computing Magus Computing Magus The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre LostHaven LostHaven

Emma - Emma's Tavern
Swole spider woman.png

"My son, I do not look down upon you. I simply know what's best through experience." Emma hummed to him in a much softer tone than before listening intently to his story, having lost much of his bravado and seemingly a lot more reasonable and honest in his silent tears. The story still seemed somewhat crazy to her, and although she still had her doubts, she wasn't going to say anything.

Children loved their made-up stories in a world where much crazier things happened, and who was Emma to say that such thoughts were disallowed?

"Well then Mr. Solarilannex, disowned son of Bahamut. With your consent, I, Emma The six-thousandth four-hundredth and ninety-third, Giant-slayer and captain of Cailgoown, will have you live here with me, where I will protect you from these paladins, feed you, teach you, help you back to health and provide shelter, and all I ask is that you pay to repair my 'forcefield' by helping work in my bar, and do not attempt to kill me, or anyone else. I will give you some time to mull over this." Emma said after a lengthy period of silence and deep thought, folding some bedsheets before making such a bold announcement.

".. And no, I don't know any healing magic, my chicken might though, he knows many things." Emma replied to his final complaints, leaving the mysteries of what and where this chicken was to him before heading out the door to the nearby bathroom, leaving the dragonling with the bread and water to his thoughts.
(interacting with Birdsie Birdsie )​

??? Bar maiden - Emma's Tavern
(With a small hood)
red-haired smoking woman.jpg
The barmaiden's rage never even bubbled as she watched the fallen angel toss yet another bottle onto the ground whilst chatting with their newly-met companion.

She planned on cleaning up the bottles, but first had some new patrons to attend to, that being a worn-looking man with a beast by his side, which set her mind thinking about how unique this place was in its policies. Had it been any other tavern, he'd most likely have been thrown out for bringing a dog in here, yet Emma insisted in a strange equality for everything and everyone, be it plant-person, insect or regular human. Part of the reason why she worked there was because it was the only place that accepted vampires without being a factory.

The red-haired vampie swayed over to him, answering his questions with a short shake of the head from beneath the hood, indicating that there were no rooms, and while the true explanation was that this place was exclusively a tavern, unlike some of their competitors, its lively atmosphere usually made up for the fact that they weren't pulling in any income through that method. She didn't plan on explaining that though, as the small gesture was more than enough to get the point across.

The reason why the place didn't have any rooms was because, although there were a few attic rooms, Emma refused to rent them out without an official license. A small, by-the-book attitude that she hadn't relinquished since becoming a guard so many years back when. The bar-maiden new this because she talked a whole lot, and while a lot of the stories were about rumours, sometimes the spider liked chatting about her own past, and such tales were interesting to hear, aside from the famous mountain-throwing.

She didn't answer the second question, the answer no longer being required given that the answer to the first had been given, and the fact that they hadn't been told to leave, or in her own case, implied that they should leave through pointing, was proof enough that animals were allowed into the bar.

Quickly tapping a drink and setting a small bowl of broth on one of the several stoves, the vampire made her way over the counter once more with an unnatural grace towards the drunken woman and her friend, quietly picking up the several empty bottles before returning back the way she had come, bottles-in-hand, and delivered the bowl of food to the friendly gentleman with a faint smile.

First time today someone had been polite by asking instead of demanding, and while she didn't particularly want to smile, their kindness at least deserved it. Half the regulars got so drunk so quickly that they always demanded rooms, forgetting the business's rules, and while it had been funny at first, it had gotten cumbersome quickly.
Octo Girl Octo Girl LostHaven LostHaven idalie idalie

Last edited:
Mentions: Gil (( eldorado eldorado )), Guildmaster (( Birdsie Birdsie )), Lilith (( The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof )), Quinsir (( Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre ))

Ack, Udgirr has been taken out of the ring. Guildmaster's orders, don't question it. Udgirr begrudgingly leaves the room silently and closes the door behind him, leaving without hearing whatever the Guildmaster and Gil has had to say, and anything else that would transpire in the office, for that matter. He now has two duties, one was to return to his pile of fur he left at a receptionist, and the other was to attend to the Guild cook. Why did he get directed to do cooking service? Well, didn't Quinsir already say that lunch was already finished? If this wasn't an elaborate plan Quinsir was up to, or something, he doesn't know what would happen.

- o - o - o -
It didn't take long, but the fur was finally transported to his quarters in less than half an hour. He plans to make... something of it soon, or probably stash them to send to his tribe once he returns to them within the weekends. It can be really comfortable clothing, Udgirr ensures. He leaves his room behind him and decided he should finally attend to the cook. He was definitely late with what the cook wanted him to be, but he had matters to be. Udgirr takes a brisk walk across the Guild to arrive at the Dining Hall.

The Guild has always looked so peaceful. Granted, it was a place of heroes, or at least those that do good for a variety of reasons. There shouldn't be anything crazy and out of the ordinary, such as a raid. Nothing to fear here. Apprentices move about the Guild as well, almost always one amongst the corridors of the Guild. Udgirr finds that he would pass by the Guild grounds, where most of the training was held at given its open space. Archery and sword play were quite common shows here, and even a display of simple magic can be seen produced by those that studied about it. Udgirr has spent some time there as well, and would most certainly have to return here once he needs to. For now, it was lunch.

As expected, many apprentices have already taken their usual spots among the various long, wooden tables of the Guild. Plates and cutlery are to be acquired by the cooks as you collect your grub. It was always such a warm atmosphere in this area, and today was actually much more blazing. Udgirr stood near the place where you can find most of the cooks producing stews and soup, as well as the luscious, tender meat and fresh fruit. Udgirr was already quite tempted to hog down already, but he has to find Quinsir first. However, it seems even he was not around yet once he asked a nearby apprentice, so he had to wait for him.

How lucky.

Udgirr finds himself a seat where he wouldn't be bothered, and has managed to be served with the most heartiest of meals, a variety of choice meats that he decided to treat himself today, just like any other day. He couldn't be bothered to select some more choices, for this was good enough. Without warning, he guzzles down on his selections as soon as he could without mercy, but not as such that it shows that he was a savage. Just, you can almost feel the ferocity. If Quinsir needed him, the cook would have to wait for him to finish, which admittedly wouldn't take long. He wasn't gonna wait around in the kitchen with the blaze of the fires, for his excessive furs could bake him alive, and to watch the food prepared and served without him consuming them. That would be torture.

Auriel
Emma's Bar | Octo Girl Octo Girl , Noble Scion Noble Scion

''This tavern was apparently too famous to pass up or something...'' Auriel attempted to explain to Ashe, though efforts in educating the alcoholically illiterate about a good tavern was mostly effort wasted. ''Good wine is always worth getting to the guild late... They probably have enough idiots screaming about justice anyways.''

Her eyes briefly drifted toward the bar-maiden who calmly and gracefully strode toward them and silently picked up all seven emptied bottles of expensive wine, before returning with the same unnatural grace and silence.

''Is it me or does that bar-maiden's deadpan face look familiar?'' Auriel asked in her drunkenness. She returned to a seat and placed her face against the table. ''Give me like, thirty minutes to sober up... This is going to be the second worst hangover ever...'' the fallen angel complained. The first worst hangover was after she had participated in a drinking competition in a tavern about eighteen months back, which somehow escalated into a barfight which then escalated to a drunken Auriel summoning Xal'Thantalax's material deconstrction ray, and almost blowing up half the tavern. She met Ashe soon after.

''I should probably pay for that table too...'' She muttered as she reached into her armor to find her money.

Last edited:
Solarilannex - Cailgoown, Emma's Tavern

Solaris gave her an apprehensive look, as he listened and seemed to even consider her words, until she told him that he would work until he could pay her back for the window.

"Helping work?" he queried skeptically, in a tone that reeked of condescension. The young boy folded his arms, eyeing her with suspicion. "You would have I, a son of Bahamut, work here? And pray tell, what work would that be?"

Paladin Captain - Cailgoown, Emma's Tavern

A trio of armored knights came into the tavern, their booming entrance becoming the object of attention. Their armor, though a radiant white in color, lacked any ornamentation and seemed to prioritize functionality. Around their necks, they wore symbols of devotion to Bahamut. And on their heads, they had helmets with T-shaped visors.

The one at the front had his hands behind his back together, while the two to his flanks stood slightly behind him with their hands on their pommels, giving the impression of strictness and authority. The kind of bureaucratic stringency that, when combined with ardent faith, could turn into self-righteousness. They looked ready to arrest someone, or worse, fight and kill.

Seeing this, the tavern-goers tensed up. Even the boisterous drunkards fell silent, if just to avoid drawing attention to themselves.

"Hello, I am Captain Lerteas, a servant of the divine Bahamut. I apologize for the rawness of our intrusion, but I fear there is a... convict at large. A young dragon is at free in the city, and we will pay handsomely for any information about him, or for his capture. It is not entirely impossible he took up a human disguise, in which case, shining white hair and red eyes are some of the dead giveaways of his identity. It is also very likely he took the form of a young boy. As a starting price - fifty-five gold pieces for any information, and three thousand for his safe capture. Now, does anyone in this building know anything about that, or shall we move out and leave you to your eventide?"

Three-thousand gold pieces was an impressive sum. One could easily purchase an expensive, mastercrafted suit of plate mail for the entire body, fitted for the wearer, and still have leftovers to purchase something else.

Noble Scion Noble Scion LostHaven LostHaven idalie idalie High Moon High Moon Octo Girl Octo Girl aceXstryker aceXstryker

The Sword and Scimitar Co.
Hunslaus Valentin

"Ah, well forget the rooms then, you 'ave my thanks though. Not many places let in rascals like my boy Griff," He laughed causing the corners of his eyes to crinkle, meanwhile putting gold down in exchange for the food and drink as the barmaid moved back and forth; each coin making faint thuds against the wooden counter. Finding time to place down his bowl and tankard, Hunslaus again tipped his head with thanks, returning her smile in good faith. Pretty faces would be wasted looking so sour, although he'd discovered some women didn't like being told that and the varied mixture of responses had it a line used if you wanted to gamble a girl's affections. Sitting himself down in a corner, where a rickety chair sat vacant, Hunslaus gulped the ale and wolfed the broth. Yet from the big brown gaze his hound gave him, Valentin reluctantly surrendered the hearty leftovers.

Wiping his mouth with a handkerchief and knocking the old tobacco out his pipe, he began to pack it again with the dried plant. Using the embers of his ashes to ignite the new, Hun cupped it between his hands puffing new life into the heart. With that he was ready to kick back, wait on Saif and share the news about the lack of rooms -- until the appearance of the paladins. If there was one thing he detested these days, it was organised religion. Even more so, it was the damn Holy Knights who could recite scripture as some sort of excuse to kill his fellow man. Of course, Valentin had once been one of those Knights and he had once fought amongst their ranks. Perhaps not the same book, but it was surely the same craft.

Four years in a desert. four years of his life. A sixteen-year-old boy in the beginning. He could've apprenticed himself, married a farmer's daughter and had a brood of his own. Been ignorant and blissful, yet there he was at the age of twenty when the damn thing came to an end and his faith was shattered. How much blood had the sands taken, how many bodies were buried in the dunes?

Hunslaus stood up, dragging the pad of his thumb over the side of his jaw, beard bristling against the rough skin. "AYE! I've seen him, wasn't it a dragon they saw on top of yer ma, with her legs in the air? Or was that just the high priest?" Valentin propped his foot on the empty seat, slapping his knee with a boisterous chuckle. "Wait, wait, nah. I think that the 'young boy' I saw was in yer office, got a thing for little 'uns wearing robes don'tcha? Eh?"

The tavern was dead quiet, Hunslaus cocky as he sized up the group of Paladins. "Off you go then, maybe you should check up yer own arse whilst you're lookin'. But you might just find a stick shoved so far that you can't think for yerself no more." Winking, the mercenary leant forward to take an unnecessarily long drag of his pipe. "You should fuck off, mate. Got some prayin' to do, I'd bet. Nobody 'round here has seen nothin'. And if they did, well, there's a million wee buggers who think their dragons."

Interactions: Noble Scion Noble Scion (Barmaid), Birdsie Birdsie (Paladins)
Mentions: LostHaven LostHaven aceXstryker aceXstryker Octo Girl Octo Girl (Customers), High Moon High Moon (Partner)

Last edited:
Quinsir Tetramaz
Mention: Computing Magus Computing Magus

Quinsir arrived to the kitchen earlier than his extra hand that he suppose to be helping at the time. While trying to patiently wait for the Hobgoblin arrive, he prepared the food and served it to the dining area. He always has a handful of bowls and plates in his hands more than anyone else. He carefully serves each and every single one on the table. Especially to Udgirr's table. Who was to his surprise, was already seated and waiting for his meal, which slightly annoyed hum but he wasn't gonna get mad over something so small. So, he waited for them to finish their meal before he asks for a "quest".

"As soon as you finish your food. Could you do something for me? I have job for you. I need you to escort an important member of our guild. They are located exactly in the Bowerstone's educational facility. Go deliver them here, they'll be waiting outside for you. I'll pay you a good ammount because i am a bit exhausted right now. Could you do that for me?" Quinsir had a strange way of saying to just pick up his annoying little sister from school. To even further exaggerate it. He made it sound like a mission rather than just telling it straight. Plus he looked sincere.

Mentions: Quinsir (( Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre ))

"I'm afraid your little one wouldn't recognize me. Little is my time here at this Guild that I do not even know of their name! Are you certain that you want me to do as such?" Udgirr asks the chef. They have finally arrived as he dined, and the hobgoblin has just about finished his course. Bowerstone was not a far off city from the Guild so that he would have to order for a carriage, so that was not of any complication. However, it was the objective itself. Little could he even recognize the child's appearance as they skitter about Fort Black. How can he be even thought to be entrusted with a task of escorting the girl back home?

"... fine, I might be able to do it, but I have other plans to do at Bowerstone such as buying myself some stuff. Your little one would have to wait a bit while I do so. Can you really not go there yourself, though? I would seriously cart you off their myself." Udgirr adds, wanting to make sure everything about he was going to say was fine with the chef. Sure, it appears the chef seems to trust him despite little conversation with them in the past, but maybe he can somehow still make the chef do the job himself. The reward entices only little motivation for Udgirr, along with the job himself of escorting a young girl is just strange to behold. He would rather return to his room to cure his precious piles of pelts to perfection.

The Sword and Scimitar Company
سيف أددينمسأ إبن ناصر أدعدٍ

Saif ud-Din Mas'ud ibn Nasir ad-Din
-Emma's Tavern-

The road that to the city had been long, too long for Old Saif, he didnt even take part in the small talk his friend was going on with, only occasionaly glancing towards him to show that he was actually listening to his jolly banter. had too much in his mind, the journey to Albion had been perilious and tiring, their weeks long detour to catch a vyvern hadn't helped with his detoriating health, especially since that draconoid had managed to give him a good trashing, a wide gash on his back that was certain to leave a scar, a bad one at that and that god damned thing had managed to nite his left arm, which was now tightly bandaged yet still dripping with blood. Truthfuly had it not been for the qucik intervention of his lifelong friend, Saif would have already been the dinner of that vile creature.

As he was bussy thinking about the fight they had arrived, and Hunslaus had gone to look into a tavern. Seeing his friend enter the place Saif dismounted and went after him yet after he took one look inside the tavern he decided it was not the type of place he'd involve himself with, too many god forsaken creatures that belonged in the gutter along with the likes of the monster that they had just slayed a day ago. It was baffling that Men would dip so low and allow the unnatural to walk amongst them. He laid his back to the wall to ease off some of the pain, it didn't help a lot but he could at least stand up right this way, he lighted a pipe, while he prefered to use his hookah yet the pipe was a decent alternative while on the road. taking a long drag from the mix of tobbaco and opium and relasing it after serveral seconds of savouring the bitter yet familar taste. After serveral more drags he felt the pain slowly ease, at least a little.. That was when Aqbash, Saif's canine companion came to sit next to him, he seemed to be in a good mood, which was the stark opposite of what his master felt like at the moment yet Saif did give in to the massive dog's demands and landed a heavy, gloved hand on the dog's head, patting him as he continued to smoke his 'herbal mix'. The time for relaxing was cut short when he saw a bunch of men dressed up like Templar knights walk into the tavern and heard a familiar voice start yelling, with a weary sigh he put off his pipe and slowly made his way back towards the tavern.

Laying his back towards the doorway he threw a long weary glance towards his wayward companion. ''You speak a lot more than you should Hun.'' it came out as a annoyed grunt that was barelly understandable with the heavy accent and the pained hisses coupled. Saif's right hand slowly inched towards the hilt of his sword, he turned his attention towards the group of Paladins, after getting a good look at the group his scowl deepned. ''You better listen to him boyyos, Hunslaus here isn't one known for his patiance, especially with your lot, and he ain't got no qualms sending a few of you to your maker early and while I'd prefer if we didn't taint this 'fine' estabelishment with your blood and we all went our seperate ways, I'm not going to hesitate in letting your blood flow free if you are here for trouble... Your choice.''

idalie idalie Noble Scion Noble Scion Birdsie Birdsie

Paladin Captain - Cailgoown, Emma's Tavern

Ignoring the mercenary's taunts or perhaps not caring about being insulted, the Paladin Captain stared at Hunslaus impassively. Perhaps it was the self-righteousness preventing him from 'stooping down to that level,' but the captain did not reply with an insult of his own. And in a certain way, that was even more insulting.

"I assure you this is no 'wee bugger,' as you put it. Like grains of sand, his anger will grow, and eventually a whole desert will swallow everyone in range. One huff of his fire breath and your attitude might melt away along with your bones. If you see this dragon, remember that he is a threat to everyone and must be captured - if need be so, even eliminated - and Bahamut help you if the beast chooses you as its prey."

The Paladin Captain was harshly rebuked by one of the tavern patrons throwing an empty tankard, which clattered against his chestplate harmlessly. "The man's right, I say - get outta here, ya holier-than-thou douchebags! No one here worships Bahamut, go shove it!"

A cry of aye's rang out through the tavern, some people standing up or toasting - perhaps asking drunkards for help wasn't too smart. Others yet started looking for items of their own to toss.

"So be it. I wish you all safety and implore you to report anything you find," the Paladin Captain said, sounding disappointed and saddened as he turned away and left, followed by his compatriots, eggshells and stale bread already beginning to fly their way as they fell into step.

Noble Scion Noble Scion LostHaven LostHaven idalie idalie High Moon High Moon Octo Girl Octo Girl aceXstryker aceXstryker

Ashe sighed."Ugh... Fine... thirty minutes..." She said as she looked at the barmaid. "And you must be drunk remembering... you do that quite often..." She said a she rolled her eyes. Dumpling let out a gurgle. "I know Dumpling... but I can't do anything about it..." Ashe said with a facepalm.

LostHaven LostHaven

Users who are viewing this thread

Back