• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes [IC]

Ashe Remant/ The Battlefield - Plaza

Ashe walked forward with a sigh. She still held her sword as she passed Emma. "I promise ma'am, I won't be anymore of a nuisance...." She said as she looked towards Auriel. "But... I can not promise the same of my Mentor...." She said. Ashe held the sword out in front of her as mist seemed to funnel into it. Dumpling seemed happy about this. Ashe stopped after a bit "Hey... Sorry about all of that... Can't control myself without her..." she said with a shrug.

Ashe then looked up to notice a skeletal man chasing the dragon. "Wait... if that is who i think that is..." She said, actually smiling. "Miss Emma... Just offer my mentor a few drinks on the house... I will pay for them next time I see you. That should calm her down a bit. I need to find someone." She said as she ran off towards where the skeletal man had gone off towards. She transformed her sword into the spellbook and took off.

Talking to: Noble Scion Noble Scion
Mentioned: Birdsie Birdsie LostHaven LostHaven Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Emma - Paladin temple
Swole spider woman.png
She was worried for the child, yes, but she still barely knew him. She was more worried by the aggressive members that had followed in an attempt to help him given that they were already settled on massacring the paladins. The kid had fled into the temple, and the lich, whom at least she semi-knew and trusted, had followed.

Turning to the woman witht he sword addressing her, she folded her arms and gave a look that indicated just how unimpressed she was by her and her 'mentor'. "Get off that wall, stop killing people and be reasonable for two minutes and I'll serve you half a dozen kegs of beer!" she called loudly up to the angel, choosing not to ask about the woman's weapon's ability and simply holding her ground, her voice carrying authority and proving noticeable audible, despite the shuffling of metal as paladins wandered around.

She'd quit the guardsmen for three reasons:
One, the first, being the more well-known of the three, was that her dream job was a tavern-keep.
Two, the second, was that she didn't find the job all too enjoyable. The tasks entailed were stressful and unrewarding, even for a captain.
Three, the third and main, while also being the least known, exempt from a few close friends and her eldest children, was that she was tired and sick of blood-shed, yet here was some angel running rampant and tossing the lives of people into the ground. At this rate, she was going to need to start helping the paladins with the problem at hand, rather than fighting them as she had expected.

The king wasn't going to be happy about this mess, but all that did was make Emma wonder if her knew there was a banished dragon child amongst them that he had chosen not to inform her about. Even if she didn't work as a guard anymore, surely her status would give her access to such information, but perhaps it was better she didn't, considering her wish to simply live a peaceful life in an uneventful kingdom.
Vicinity: Birdsie Birdsie Silver Wolf Silver Wolf interacting: Octo Girl Octo Girl LostHaven LostHaven

Last edited:
Faust Windfallow
Front Reception | The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof eldorado eldorado Sona Sona

Faust gazed over Ain's smile carefully, extending his hand to take the book the man wad offering. ''That's a dangerous smile...'' Faust muttered as he looked down at the book, drawing a runic glyph over the cover. Once again, the book flew open cover to cover and shut in a matter of seconds. Faust, ignoring the wolfling and cantor, opened the book...

Incorrect, and downright bullshit information were highlighted in a blue energy, and just by looking at the pages, one could tell that Faust would not be impressed. Huge chunks of the pages were covered in blue, and Faust shook his head annoyedly.

''The actual fuck?'' Faust cursed aloud, pointing at an open page he was halfway through reading. ''That is definitely NOT how you make an elder lich, for the love of god... Do you know how many fucking atrocities you have to commit to get that kind of fucking level? Name like, one elder lich that isn't an evil douche. This fucking book makes it look easy. What do you mean you just need to live long enough?!'' Faust wasn't quite satisfied though. He began reading out a passage from the book. ''They then discard their skeletal forms, and become nightmarish, chimeric creatures of bone. An Elder Lich tends to be very rare however, as Liches are constant target of bounties and such due to their villainous nature.'' Faust then finished off by slamming the book shut, and throwing it into his skeletal-desk.

''I'm going to kill the person who wrote this piece of shit by resurrecting his whole family as flesh-hungry zombies, then making them eat him alive...'' Faust muttered angrily. He snapped his fingers, before the book erupted into flame. However, the flame did not spread and stood still on the burning book. Faust snapped his fingers once more, and conjured a variety of items onto his desk: a frying pan, a large bowl of batter, a spatula, a small bottle of oil and a jar of golden-looking syrup. He then casually poured oil into his pan and nonchalantly started frying pancakes right in front of Ain and the two ladies.

Before long, a mouth-watering aroma started wafting through the front reception, that could probably give the renowned guild-chef a run for his money. He looked up at Ain, and then pegged a plate at him like a throwing disc, aimed straight for his face. ''How many would you like?'' He asked the man before turning to the cantor and asking her the same, but in a dangerously cheerful tone.

Solaire Anastor
Interactions: LostHaven LostHaven (Faust), eldorado eldorado Sona Sona The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

The door opened to the guild hall and a man with plain old chainmail and a plain old helmet walked in, but there was a sun with a face drawn on the cloth covering his chainmail and the same was on his shield strapped to his back. A talisman was strapped the the belt next to his sword and a large bag was being hauled over his shoulder. He walked in and immediately declared, "Ah a warm welcoming smell enters my nostrils. Now let us hope it does not attract another dragon. It would be a shame to see Faust lose another arm. Hahaha~!"

Solaire set the bag down on the table and opened it to Faust revealing two large spider mandibles. The fangs sat on them and were as long as Solaire's forearm. The mandibles had a diameter of about thirty or so centimeters at their largest. Whatever spider that was from, it had to be the size of of at least three men. There was also some porcupine-ish quills wrapped in a bundle. A scroll for the quest order to slay a Goliath Spider had also been placed with the two objects. "My dear comrade, I have brought you souvenirs along with news of my success. Two fully intact Goliath Spider mandibles with around 200 cubic centimeters of venom each and the hairs of the beast."

Solaire then turned his attention to Ain and greeted him by saying, "Ah, Master Ain, it is a joy to see you today. May the sun bless you."

Solaire turned his attention to the Wolfling, Lilith and an unchanged, but oddly jollier tone as he reached into his satchel and pulled out a round parchment and opened it up slightly to reveal a fat ring that smelled sweet and said, "For you, little wolfling, I have a most wondrous treat for you. A doughnut, a sweet concoction of dough shaped into a ring and deep fried in duck fat. I do hope you enjoy it. I find it as savory as it is sweet, so enjoy it to the fullest."

Finally Solaire looked to Gil, a face he hadn't seen before. He looked at the woman and her features. He then bowed with his left hand tucked behind his back and his right hand over his chest and stated, "Good day fair lady, I do believe I haven't seen you before. I am Solaire Anastor, Warrior of the Sun, might I have the pleasure of knowing your name?" Solaire looked up, his helmet seeming emotionless, yet his aura was grossly incandescent. His voice and mannerisms could give anyone the impression that the slits in his helmet were shaped as if he were smiling optimistically.

Morkai de Mort - Temple of Bahamut

Morkai stood up, his skeleton reassembled. He quickly slipped on his robe, somewhat embarrassed at having stood out naked in public, even if technically he doesn't have to fear such a thing, being a skeleton and whatnot.

Morkai placed his hands on the sides of his skull, then rotated it for a while, to the left, then the right, then the left again. It was like someone trying to crack open a safe. Then, once he heard an audible click of his spine snapping into place with his skull, Morkai gave it a little tap and turned to the rest of the team.

"Hey! That kid's heading for the treasury... I really don't want to make problems for these clerics, so should we stop him?" Morkai asked of Emma.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf LostHaven LostHaven Noble Scion Noble Scion Octo Girl Octo Girl

Auriel
Paladin Temple | Birdsie Birdsie Noble Scion Noble Scion Octo Girl Octo Girl Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Auriel paused upon hearing Emma shout at her; she did not pause as a result of her somewhat intimidating voice, but rather the ludicrous offer she gave to the fallen angel. Auriel weighed her options. On one hand, she could murder the paladins left and right, or she could get six whole kegs of beer. For free. She silently nodded to herself, as she withdrew into the black smog, and leapt off the battlement. The smog dissipated soon after.

However, another problem presented itself, as the doors to the physical temple seemed to be sealed shut, obscuring Auriel from her from her free alcohol ticket. ''Tentacle monster...'' Auriel called out, to which the voice in her head responded: ''Eldritch Horror.''
''Blow that door open.''
''Laser it? Power at what percent?''
''Just use that paladin's soul... The one I just killed.''
''Fifteen percent, then. Stand back.''

A large rift tore open in the air, as a giant, grotesque eye floated out from it. The pupil twitched around as of surveying the environment, before it locked onto the sealed door. Even from inside, they could sense the massive amount of energy was being amassed. The eldritch eye unleashed an enormous beam of dark purple energy, aimed toward the door...

The said door was completely obliterated from existence, and the laser continued to blow a massive hole on the other side of the hall, and possibly through a few more rooms. The room Morkai and the others were in was illuminated by a blinding purple light. Once the chaos had died down, Auriel stepped into the room, dragging her greatsword along the floor with her right hand.

Last edited:
Kaze Tsunekitami
Interactions: Morkai Birdsie Birdsie , Emma Noble Scion Noble Scion , Solarilannex/Dragon Brat ( Birdsie Birdsie )
Nearby/Mentioned: Ashe Octo Girl Octo Girl , Auriel LostHaven LostHaven

Kaze felt his hair stand on end and the muscles in his ears stretch as high as they possibly could once a purple beam from a tentacle shot the door open. Once that happened, a girl in armor and black wings carried an odd looking greatsword along the floor and Kaze felt the hair on his tail stand on end from the sudden laser.

"Abyss of the Black Trench, what was that!?" Kaze shouted as he backpedaled several feet away. Calamari grew briefly, but Kaze cut the action of the octopus spirit and it hunkered back down on his shoulder as a little chibi octopus. Although one thing seemed to be odd as the Black Winged angel walked into the room. The undeniable scent of alcohol coupled with the acidity of wine, and this black angel REEKED of it. The dust made some things difficult to perceive, but Kaze also heard a crash from deeper in the temple. What skeleton had said made Kaze rather concerned about the fact a demigod was rampaging in a temple to reclaim some of his items. It actually worried him quite a bit. He let that thought sink in when a voice condescendingly addressed Kaze's thoughts, "What an idiot. Even I know that such behavior is unbecoming for those with divine blood. Master, that dragon's getting a lecture he won't forget!"

Kaze reassured Flandre she would be able to talk to the presumed demi-god when she got the chance, but he looked towards the area deeper in the temple and said, "A dragon's taking some treasure, I think the clear path is to go after it." Kaze then turned around and began running deeper towards the treasury. Once he reached the treasury he saw a large vault door busted open and two guards on either side of the hall slammed against the wall unconscious. The platinum dragon was inside the treasury, and Kaze stood at the door he considered some of his options. He really didn't want to release Flandre in a room like this, but the talisman glowed flame colored and floated out of Kaze's robe anyway. Flame created the form of Flandre and she walked into the treasure room calmly with blue hued Fox Fire and plain old elemental fire surrounding her. She looked at the dragon with a look of scorn and said, "Young dragon, is there a reason you behave so brutishly as to barge into another's home like this?"

Flandre crossed her arms and awaited the dragon's response. If it was about to go down to a fight, Flandre had never battled a dragon, so she doubted her own element. Maybe Fox Fire would cause some harm, but Flandre was thinking to use the fox fire to create more copies of herself. Kaze was holding his nose in the meantime with an uncomfortable grin while muttering to himself about placing more seals on Flandre's talisman. If she was going to fight though, Kaze held her talisman ready for a forcible recall if she did attack back. Which she would undeniably do if the dragon bothered to strike her.

Tetramaz Siblings
Mention: Computing Magus Computing Magus

And so the trip to coming back to the guild begins. It was a fine weather in Bowerstone and the life there is mediocre and nothing too out of the ordinary. Species of different races live with one another, the nature giving it's natural and peaceful process and way of life, well constructed buildings of Bowers tone stood firm and stores of different varieties of wares are scattered all over. What is there not to have? Quinsir held his little sister in his arms, whom was still continuing to retell the tale of how her day of school went and the fact that she wrestled a wild brown raccoon in the schoolyard with her bare hands. To make her story come to life, she even expressed the story with her hands. Her notable quotes were across the lines of...

"Today, Teacher told us why the trees were so, so bery big! He said that Apples can make you strong! I believe him because you are strong!"
"Me and my friend, Yemu were playing hide and seek. I hid behind the tree and i won because he didn't find me!"
"I found a super fat squirrel with big weird black eyes in the schoolyard, outside. I really want the fat squirrel so ran outside to hug him!"
"But Teacher scared him away and now he's gone... Teacher said i shouldn't touch him because he is dirty and dangerous. But that's okay because i know he's out there! I want to see him again! Waah!!! I want him to come back!"

Laine was a very enthusiastic storyteller. Expressing raw emotion on each line she said and expressed her words with gestures like flexing her non existent buff muscles to demonstrating on how she hugged/wrestled the raccoon with her bare hands. Meanwhile her audience, Quinsir was the least enthusiatic and impressed to say the least. Although, he did nod his head a couple of times as an acknowledgement towards his sister but in reality everything she said was just passing by his other ear, taking her story for granted as one of her usual stories. Quinsir was quiet, almost looking pretty sleepy as his eyelids weighed down his eyes. Luckily, managed to stay awake for the trip. Soon Laine was starting feel drowsy, it didn't took long before she fell asleep peacefully like a baby in his arms. Just like that, the trip was quiet.

"*Sigh* Children... Quirky little future-builders am i right? Fortunately for you, you don't have to deal with them." Quinsir turned his head towards Udgirr with his exhausted facial expression. His face was getting tired and tired by the minute which was impossible yet possible. Ten minutes maybe long to some but a small conversation on there way there won't even make it feel like an eternity. Once they arrive at the Guild. Quinsir will return to his work post along with her little sister but for now. He will have a little chat with the green hero while his little sister drools saliva on his undershirt. A minor nuisance that he ignores and he is used to.

Solarilannex / Morkai de Mort - Temple of Bahamut

Morkai nodded sagely when he saw Auriel use the soul of a paladin wantonly to power an eldritch eye-beam. He didn't say it, but he thought: 'I'll kill her later for using souls as fuel, but not before I get her to teach me whatever that was.'

The lich picked up his staff with a telekinetic pull and walked into the treasury with Kaze and the others.

A young dragon concealed in the body of a human boy was rummaging through the items. He was crouched down, examining and appraising the treasures, throwing ones he didn't like, such as wooden spoons, away, and collecting all of the coins he saw into his satchel with his whole arm like someone brushing dirt off of a table.

Solaris perked up his ears when he heard an annoying voice of some weird girl. The boy clicked his tongue, with a 'tch.'

The dragon spun around on the spot, standing up straight. "If anything, this is my dad's villa, so I can do anything I like. You guys are the unexpected guests, especially that lich. If dad was here, he'd probably use his tibia as a toothpick!" He turned back to the piles of treasury and gleefully rested a crown atop his scalp.

Morkai blinked. Well, he didn't, as he is a skeleton with no eyelids. More accurately: Morkai stared. "Right. You're Bahamut's son. Explains why the codger gave me that request, of all people... He's ought to hate me, giving me more snot-nosed brats to look after."

Solaris raised a shining magic sword with a hilt adorned with gems from the ground. He pointed it threateningly at Morkai. "You take that back! This is a vault in a holy temple, so I bet this sword is really good at killing undead. Take back your words, or I'll send you straight back to that phylactery of yours! Besides, father would never affiliate himself with a servant of darkness!"

"Servant of what again? I'm just a lich, and I also happen to play chess with Bahamut every other Tuesday, though I often lose because I don't pay attention nor put in much effort into the game. I go there mostly for the fresh fruitcakes... Wait, did I just say that in a Temple of Bahamut? Oh, damn. I wonder how I'll explain that to him next Tuesday..."

"Shut up! That... that makes no sense, you're a lich, so you must be evil, I know you are! You're just bidding your time to reveal it!" Solarilannex accused in a harsh voice.

Morkai sighed, then took on a presumptuous nasal tone, mimicking Solaris' obnoxious words, "YoU'rE a liCH sO yOu MUsT bE eViL!" He flailed his arms for effect, then neutrally added, "Can you hear how stupid you sound? If I'm evil because I'm a lich, your dad is greedy because he's a dragon. There, see? That logic is very double-edged. Speaking of edge, you seem to---"

An explosion of fire occured, as Solaris fired a beam of flames without warning. Conversely, Morkai upraised his staff and erected a veritable barrier of blue mana, protecting the party from the heat. Morkai sighed, speaking quietly, "It's been two-hundred years and I don't seem to have matured at all. To think I'd stoop down to the level of a pubescent teenager..."

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf LostHaven LostHaven Noble Scion Noble Scion Octo Girl Octo Girl

Emma - Paladin temple
Swole spider woman.png
Chasing after everyone else, Emma bustled in towards the merry band of now six, including her. Just in time to see the child she had so kindly fed repay her by attacking both her inadvertently and a paying patron of her tavern. Needless to say, she was not impressed.

"Dragon, money is temporary, and stereotypes are not approved of, and if you don't knock it off, I'm going to have to pummel you to sleep, even if you are Bahamut's son." Emma growled gruffly from behind the hastily-erected barrier by her friend the guild-master, refusing to spare a glance towards any of the others she was with, mainly because of how irrationally the angel was acting, going to far as to refuse six entire kegs of beer. Purposefully not using his own name to show just how detached he was from her, treating him more like a naïve stranger than one of her sons, as she had before.

The revelation that Morkai was his guardian was mildly surprising given that he hadn't even been around for his arrival, leaving Emma with a couple of questions, which she made note of to ask later, as asking them now would simply detract from the imposing figure she was trying to hold in the hopes that this whole kerfuffle could be handled less violently than she was implying.

Aria Forlorn - Paladin Temple
grey darkmoon knight art.jpg
The roaring sound of fire, one she was familiar with from all the sparring she had done with her brother, quickly made its way to number one priority for the daughter of the deceased Alron. The possibility of it being her brother making her feet feel light as she charged into a temple, looking remarkably different from all the other paladin, only to be met with the most peculiar of sites.

Several people that did not look like paladins, all of which bearing no armour, and not one of them being her brother. Aria stopped and simply watched, feeling to embarrassed and prideful to retreat after rushing in in such a hurry, yet not knowing what words she could say without admitting that she'd made a mistake. Then she noticed Morkai, the leader of the guild, and an excuse came much more easily to her tongue.

"Guild leader, are you in need of assistance?" she called in the strangely forceful, yet disinterested tone her voice had become so attuned to.
Birdsie Birdsie Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Octo Girl Octo Girl LostHaven LostHaven

Ashe Remant/ Temple of Bahamut

Ashe had just gotten into the temple of Bahamut right as a giant beam of flames exploded. Ashe took cover to defend herself. She soon peaked back to see that Morkai had protected everyone. She took the high ground, making her sword turn into the bow. Her clothes changing as she became more rogue looking. "Are you Morkai?" She asked loudly as she reached for an arrow that seemed to appear from nowhere. "If you are... I would like to ask you some questions after all this." She was sure Morkai had to know a lot of things, Maybe he could tell her about her other family.

Birdsie Birdsie LostHaven LostHaven Noble Scion Noble Scion Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Mentions: Tetramaz Siblings (( Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre )), Gil (( eldorado eldorado )), Lilith (( The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof )), Faust (( LostHaven LostHaven )), Ain (( Sona Sona )), Solaire (( Silver Wolf Silver Wolf ))

"Fortunately? It seems to me that you're caring and fond of your sister. It should not be completely difficult, should it?" Udgirr returns, and as soon as he says that he can finally see the walls of the Guild yet again, providing an excessive amount of protection against the unearthly forces that could slay all the heroes right than and now. The carriage drops them off as near to the entrance as they could, and now it was time to return to any task they should be performing. As for Udgirr, it usually meant as stand by for any oncoming quest he has yet to receive.

When the Tetramazes and Udgirr reach the reception area, however, it was an understatement to describe it as crowded. People of all kinds seemed to have gathered, from the novices to the masters, and adventurers to the receptionists. The hobgoblin recognizes each one to an extent, however, due to varying lengths of time of meeting them. Gil still seems to be here, and Udgirr remembers that the priestess is now the most recent addition of members here in the guild. They were accompanied by Lilith, given with how close they were to each other compared to the others in the hall. Then there was one of the receptionists, Faust. Little did Udgirr know about this peculiar person, but no one in this Guild could fail to know of their antics, which is why this green person would actively choose to avoid them. Then there was the veteran of veterans, Master Ain. Udgirr's inferiority did not feel to even speak in front of the legend to eschew their attention to his comparative worthlessness. Another honorable member was Solaire, that particular sun-loving fellow. Udgirr himself was barely a few moons here in the Guild, meaning he's only actually here for about a month or two, so he has little to say of other members as of current as he did not know them well enough.

Udgirr leads the way to pass the hall, walking through the crowd as he ventures to not catch their attention. Faust appears to be making some sort of bread on a pan, whilst the others dine in. How and why. Anyhow, that was magic if Udgirr ever saw it, and he did not feel concerned to inquire about this situation. It does smell delightful, but seeing as its being prepared by Faust is intimidating enough. The table was filled with what appears to be gigantic spider jaws and claws, not a great sight next to those delicious bread circles. For Udgirr, however, gigantic spiders were something he was curious about, and seeks out Solaire about them seeing as he was the one who set those down.

"Greetings, Sir Solaire. Might I inquire about the beast you slayed? I was planning on finding large arachnid related things as materials, and I do wonder where to find them in this civilized country." Udgirr says slowly as he approaches. As for the sun worshipper, they would see a green toothed fellow of quite wearing a notable amount of fur and pelt, holding bags of what appear to be sewing paraphernalia, who was also leading the pair of Tetramaz siblings. Almost comical, but nothing out of the ordinary compared to what's already happening.

Auriel
Paladin Temple | Octo Girl Octo Girl Birdsie Birdsie Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Noble Scion Noble Scion

Auriel nodded silently to herself, not so much as flinching as the platinum dragon unleashed his breath at the party. She stood quietly while Morkai shielded them with a barrier. The eldritch eye didn't disappear back to whence it came, and instead, floated up behind Auriel. ''Did you see that lich? He's totally going to murder you later...'' He whispered to Auriel. Those around the duo would be able to hear the creature's voice. It was calm and masculine, quiet and somewhat soothing, despite it being an unspeakable horror of the abyss. ''Like, do you even know who he is? That guy's Morkai de Mort, the guildmaster you were meant to ask to speak to... So much for first impressions, idiot.''

However, Auriel wasn't even listening to the eye. Instead, she was staring intently at the hound-sized dragon. ''Tentacles, how do you calm down a dragon?'' Auriel asked the eye, to which it responded: ''give it a nice pat on the head...''

Auriel for some reason, took the joke seriously, and stepped out of Morkai's barrier and approached the dragon. The flames strafed to either side of Auriel, who had summoned a barrier of null around herself. Brandishing her greatsword (which is still in its sheath), she lightly 'bopped' the small dragon with the sheathed sword, though her idea of 'lightly bopping' likely didn't align with another's definition, and combined with the dragon's head injury, likely wouldn't make for a smooth ride.

Meanwhile, the floating eye stayed behind and floated near Dumpling's cage. Two phantom-like tentacles extended from the back of the eye, which slid past the bars of the cage, and began petting the creature. ''Who's a cute-little Ki-Monger?''

Morkai de Mort / Solarilannex - Temple of Bahamut

"Questions? Whatever," the lich said, his voice under strain from the effort he was putting into upholding the barrier. "That fire breath isn't something to shun at. It can melt steel beams. What is he, like fourteen? Truly, as expected of a son of Bahamut."

A new person came in, wearing armor. Morkai didn't divert his attention to look, but instead heard the voice's offer and nodded.

"Yeah, I could use assistance. This kid's got some spunk," the lich replied, lowering the barrier when the draconic onslaught ended. Solarilannex looked at Morkai and their gazes met, the draconic fury against the calculated calmness of the undead.

Unexpectedly, however, the combat was over, as the draconic boy dropped square on his butt in human form, with tear-stained eyes, clutching his head as if someone dealt a massive blow to it.

"Don't! It hurts!" he cried, as Auriel bopped him on the head.

Morkai's jaw dropped.

"It hurts when you do that!" he complained loudly. "It's not fair! It's not fair! When you fight dragons, you have to do it fair and square! I'm not playing with you guys anymore!"

Morkai's jaw dropped further and his eyesockets widened somehow. "He went from a spoiled, rebellious teenager to a crying, whiny snot-nosed brat in moments! What the hell is with this child?!" Morkai looked up at the ceiling and yelled obscenities at Bahamut, such as, "What kind of parental neglect is this? As Lilith's father, I might not be one to talk, but this is something else, you platinum-scaled bastard! Answer me when I'm talking to you, if there's a time to epiphanize it's right now! Fucking dragon bastard, respond! I'll steal your favorite chessboard when I go up there!"

Last edited:
Emma - Paladin temple
Swole spider woman.png
"I thought he was a dragon!" Emma chuckled good-naturedly at the youngling's yelp, despite having shown such a vicious attack mere moments prior. The timing was almost too comical, and the mother of dozens couldn't help but laugh. "You're jus' like Jojo, y'know. Remember him Morkai? Lil' troublemaker, used to punch the daylights out of my chicken, the rascal, though he most certainly didn't have the explosive temper you have. A little hot-headed, sure, but not charging into a temple for the sake of money." the spider-woman grinned, losing all the forced authority and aggressive atmosphere she'd been holding on to since they'd all arrived, electing to move out from behind the barrier now that the 'threat' appeared to have lost its fire.

She stepped towards the moaning dragon-child and gave him a firm pat on the shoulder as the lich began his little rant. "Might want to watch your language Guild master, He's a kid, and I don't want him catchin' your bar tendencies." She chuckled, choosing not to give a look to the angel that had 'eliminated the threat' based on the fact that she'd killed several paladins unnecessarily, but not scolding them after considering their good-meaning in attempting to stop the rampant dragonling, instead simply giving them the curt "You can have three kegs, considering you didn't listen to the agreement, but helped anyway." and moved on.

Eventually she turned to the kid that was still pinned under her strong hand and looked him straight in the eyes, her figure still rather imposing, despite sounded much more friendly than before. "My tavern's still open for you, if it's alright with your guardian, but pull something like this again, and you might end up being hurt a little more than just a bump on the head.".

Despite the destruction, Emma was happy that it hadn't gone much worse than a few lives and some scorch marks.

Aria Forlorn - Paladin Temple
grey darkmoon knight art.jpg
Aria wasn't even given the chance to show off her skill as almost instantly after the guild leader's acceptance of her assistance, the opponent at hand appeared to concede, causing the invisible woman to scowl underneath her helmet as what could've been an opportunity for her to pride herself over others turned out to be nothing more than a child crying, and she'd never particularly liked children after leaving her old home.

"I.. Take it the problem's solved?" she grumbled, watching Morkai shamelessly cursing the great dragon bahamut before them all. It was uncomfortable to watch of someone that was supposed to be her superior, even if she didn't think of them quite as such, and more as simply a means to find her brother. Curiosity kept her attention however as she watched upon the group before her, the myriad of people and their reactions being rather interesting.
Birdsie Birdsie Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Octo Girl Octo Girl LostHaven LostHaven

Ashe started to put the bow down as she realized it was Morkai. She finally smiled after so long of having a blank expression. She jumped down from her perch and started to walk towards the skeleton. "Mr. Morkai, Oh my lord I have been searching for you forever!" She said excitedly as she stopped infront of him. "I am a huge fan of the guild and you and... and... Oh my lord I ever thought I would actually meet you. You must know everything, right?"

While this is going on, Dumpling is stretching his mouth, the fleshy pieces that stuck its mouth together stretching along with it. "You insufferable being." Dumpling said telepathically to the Floating eye.

Birdsie Birdsie Noble Scion Noble Scion LostHaven LostHaven Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Kaze Tsunekitami
Interactions: Morkai Birdsie Birdsie , Emma Noble Scion Noble Scion , Solarilannex/Dragon Brat ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Ashe Octo Girl Octo Girl , Auriel LostHaven LostHaven

Flandre was blown back by the breath attack. She had to sit there thankful for her fire resistance, but then Auriel came in and bonked the dragon on the head as he started whining like a little brat. Kaze on the other hand listened to the conversation between Ashe and Morkai. Wait...that was Morkai? Kaze continued to watch the situation develop oddly as Ashe smiled and bent down kneeling to the skeleton. It was so sappy it was almost hard to hear, but Kaze told Flandre not to get in a fight and the fox spirit grumbled annoyingly. Kaze then walked over to Morkai and Ashe and said to Ashe, "If you like him so much ask him for a bone to use for later. Then you can get boned." A suggestive wink was added to the end of the sentence. Kaze then walked up to Morkai and gave a traditional bow. When his head raised up he said, "Greetings, Morkai."

Kaze observed the lich carefully. He had heard valiant tales of the Guild ever since he arrived in Albion. Tales far and wide about the deeds and feats, but now he was staring at the Guild Master he had heard so much about it. "I must say, I was not expecting a living skeleton. But where are my manners, I'm Kaze Tsunekitami, a former Shrine Priest or Shaman in your tongue. I was looking for a way to the Guild...but I guess you can see what happened."

Meanwhile, Flandre was stomping up to Solarilannex and grabbed the boy by his collar with a stern look in his face. Her eyes were literally burning and her tail flowed like it was on fire. "You...I can't believe you. You give people so much trouble and then whine when your bumped on the head? Raiding your own father's temple for money? I raided my Older Sister's temple for fun, but if I had done what you did my journey would have ended there!" Flandre's expression softened and she placed her hand on her head and took a deep breath. The hair on her tail calmed down and she knelt down to the dragon's level. Rather than her smile looking like a cindering expression, it was glowing warmly. "Don't take the status of godhood lightly. One slip up, wrong move, or some bad luck and that status is gone before you know it." Flandre's eyes looked sorrowful for a moment, but a brilliant smile showed briefly. "Hell, we could release some of that energy through pranks together!" Flandre's body began burning up as embers flied from her skin and began moving somewhere out of the treasury. Flandre annoyingly yelled Kaze's name before she was sucked back into her talisman.

Kaze pocketed his talisman and looked back at Morkai and said, "Well...if I helped...which I don't think is much. It was my pleasure." Kaze grinned to himself slightly wondering if he would get paid for anything. But he highly doubted it. Instead, there was a treasury wide open, but the two void creatures also seemed rather entertaining. He was really impressed to the tentacle one and looked back to who he presumed its master was. Kaze felt the energy coming from the Armored Angel. "Good job knocking it to its senses, now Morkai can punish its behind until it's red," Kaze addressed Auriel with a thumbs up that resembled a certain character from Konosuba.

Morkai de Mort / Solarilannex - Temple of Bahamut

Solarilannex kept hissing from the pain going through his head. The king of all migraines for the prince of dragons. A bit too much, for a little too much. And resolutely ignoring it, he gave Emma a toothy grin, fierce and beastly. "As if! I am Solarilannex, son of Bahamut, and I will not--aww, my head..."

Just as he was directing himself into an epic monologue, his headache intensified and took away his resolve, making him wince with tear-stained eyes.

"You can have this," he muttered apologetically, giving Emma a satchel of gold. "For your forcefield..."

Suddenly, Flandre grabbed him by the collar. "Hey, what do you think you're doing? You wanna die?!"

Flandre went on a monologue, explaining her irritation with Solaris, who scoffed at her complaints and said, "I needed the money to pay for a forcefield! Besides, all this belongs to me, and these paladins took it away when they arrested me! It's not fair to take away people's belongings! Us dragons have to collect treasure so we can eat it and ascend!"

When she started to give him advice, however, Solarilannex listened, if only out of wanting to prove he wasn't asinine. And at the end, she offered to prank people together, and he couldn't help himself but ask, "Pranks? Like what, like burning people's houses?"

But then, she was contained in a talisman. Solaris looked at the source of magical energy that her form was contained in and roared as he leaped at Kaze, trying to wrestle the amulet out of his hands, yelling, "Hey! Give my friend back or I'll burn you alive!"

Meanwhile...

When Emma mentioned Jojo, Morkai almost flinched. "Ah, that kid? Didn't he go off to slay vampires, or something? And he got in contract with some spirits that punch shit real fast. Damn, what a kid. Good grief."

Morkai was then approached by Ashe, and her behavior made him freeze in place.

The lich ignored the reprimand on swearing from the spider woman and the gurgling sounds of the dragon child which was being reprimanded by a fiery creature. He wanted to kick that kid in the ribs for being such an annoyance... But he was too busy with something else.

A fangirl.

Morkai put a hand to his chin, as he contemplated lichdom in front of the girl who praised him so much. Too bad suicide wasn't an option for a lich. He felt like alleviating the pain of existence right now, but he couldn't. Offhandedly, as if absent and not there, he replied with a quiet voice, "I know lots of stuff. Life is pain, and Elvis was probably a homosexual."

Returning to reality, he looked her in the eyes.

"Ahum, hello, Ms..." He cast a spell quietly, skimming her surface thoughts, before he said, "Ash? Ashe? How do you pronounce that? Whatever."

"Anyway, yes, I am Morkai de Mort!" he declared with faux pride, cringing internally at the terrible name he had given himself decades ago. Probably because he made it up on the spot, so he just used words that sounded appropriate but were actually horribly unfashionable.

The man known as Kaze approached Morkai and introduced himself. "Not a living skeleton. Technically, I'm not alive. What you're seeing is a skeleton animated by arcane cohesive force, with sentience from a mind tunnel with my phylactery. That's just, y'know, the science of it. In any case, I wouldn't mind taking you with me. I'm about to teleport back to Fort Black."

Unfortunately, before Kaze could answer, a young boy assaulted him. Morkai opted to stand back and watch the fight as a bystander, rather than break it up.

Ashe smiled as she fangirled a little. "I have heard so much about you. Your quests, the guild, just... so much!" She said happily. "My mom told me to search for you as you would most likely have the answers to so much and..." She stopped mid sentence as she heard him say she could go to the guild with him. Her jaw dropped and then she squeeled with excitement. "Hey, can my mentor come along?" she asked happily, pointing at Auriel.

Birdsie Birdsie LostHaven LostHaven

Kaze Tsunekitami
Interactions: Solarilannex/Dragon Brat ( Birdsie Birdsie
Nearby/Mentioned: Morkai Birdsie Birdsie , Emma Noble Scion Noble Scion , Ashe Octo Girl Octo Girl , Auriel LostHaven LostHaven

Kaze's eyes widened and he instinctively activated more than a metric ton of wards. Before he could say anything though, Flandre's Talisman came out and the fox spirit pulled the dragon boy up by the collar. She stared at the dragon kid in the eyes and said harshly, "Kaze is my Master. I choose to be subservient to him. Burning him will force me to call upon the might of the sun itself." Flandre placed Solarilannex down. She had a lot of work to do with this one. First things she said was, "I'm flattered a dragon wants to be my friend...but we must establish some rules: One, do not threaten or harm Kaze and Two, no damaging the property of sentient beings, including said sentient beings, unless it's replaceable and invaluable." Flandre gave Solarilannex a pat on the head and said with a wink, "I'll make you into a model dragon. Call me Big Sis if you want, I can visit you regularly."

Flandre fizzled into flame with a smiling wave and returned to her Talisman. Kaze had probably five ward talismans stuck on him by then. He turned to Morkai and gave his answer, "Might be interesting, I've always enjoyed helping people for a profit." Kaze also turned to Solarilannex with a grin and said, "Hey, grab what you may want to reclaim and let's blow this joint. My ears hear....lots of armored folks coming." Kaze began applying a spell to his Talisman and placed it along the wall rim. A greenish bluish pulse ran across the walls and Kaze gave an OK sign. "Illusion Based Astral ward. Our presence is non-perceivable, but our bodies are. Let's grab something and or get the hell outta dodge!"

Auriel
Paladin Temple | Birdsie Birdsie Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Octo Girl Octo Girl Noble Scion Noble Scion

Auriel's face recoiled in disgust as Kaze made some sort of revolting pose and an equally revolting look on his face. For a moment, the fallen angel considered putting her fist in his face, though managed to hold herself back from breaking the fox's nose. Though, it appeared as though the young dragon Auriel had hit over the head was already attempting to assault the man.

Although she had used a conaiderable amount of force for a measly bop, Auriel hadn't quite anticipated for the dragon to start crying. ''Well, it's still a kid...'' She whispered to herself, turning her attention to Ashe...

Who was fangirling all over the lich...

For now, Auriel decided to watch what would unfold. At least that was the plan, until Kaze spoke out about armored guards approaching, immediately reminding the fallen angel of his traumatising 'thumbs up' pose. If every single Kitsune were like that, Auriel thought, she could come to despise them as much as the other angels. She approached Kaze from behind and tapped him on the shoulder lightly. ''Excuse me, but I must return the favor for your repulsive action earlier.'' Auriel informed Kaze, smiling threateningly. Then, Kaze would recieve the bitch slap of the century by a gauntleted hand should he turn around. Auriel's cheeks were quite red, indicating that she was still very drunk.

Xal'Thantalax on the other hand, continued to pester Dumpling, throwing all sorts of bad jokes at him, while calling it 'pumpkin pie'. ''Aw, the pumpkin's got attitude...''

Morkai de Mort / Solarilannex / Paladin Captain - Temple of Bahamut

Solarilannex smiled when he saw Flandre come out of the talisman, but this smile was quickly swapped with confusion when she picked him up by the collar, and then followed by ire as she began to lecture him and order him around, demanding him to do thing after thing... If Kaze was her friend, he'd understand if she asked him not to hurt him, but all of these commands were totally unreasoanble!

"Tch," he clicked his tongue, turning around with a clouded expression. In a haughty tone, he proceeded to exclaim: "A non-dragon can't lecture me on what to do, especially property laws! Everything in this world belongs to us. I might consider what you said if I feel like it, though."

Morkai channeled mana into his staff, answering Ashe's question, "Yeah, sure. For now, all of you leave. I'll deal with Captain Titus over there." Morkai unleashed the magic he saved up, creating an illusionary wall in the middle of the room, to make the team's escape easier.

The Paladin Captain entered the treasury, followed by a group of knights.

"Crowns in a temple?" Morkai yelled in his direction. "Fancy stuff."

"Name yourself, lich," the Paladin Captain said, unmoving.

"Morkai de Mort."

"So, I trust, you've taken that bothersome child away? At every turn, he proves more troublesome than before."

"Mhm. I've teleported him to Fort Black, all I wanted to do was apologize for his behavior."

Morkai began to distract the paladins. Meanwhile, Solaris, hidden and concealed by his illusionary wall, knelt and began to shore up as much treasure as he could into his bag of holding, expecting the others to make the escape plan.

Kaze Tsunekitami
Interactions: Solarilannex/Dragon Brat ( Birdsie Birdsie , Auriel LostHaven LostHaven
Nearby/Mentioned: Morkai Birdsie Birdsie , Emma Noble Scion Noble Scion , Ashe Octo Girl Octo Girl , Auriel LostHaven LostHaven

Kaze turned around to immediately be slapped to the floor. Any normal person would probably be very upset, but Kaze just laughed. He laughed as if he was humored with a bruise already forming on his cheek. "That's a first for me. Getting slapped for a thumbs up, but even I know how bad expressions can be." Kaze rubbed his face and recoiled in slight agony at the sting of the wound. The Angel's cheeks were a recognizably flush color. He gave a rather modest smile and walked behind the illusionary wall and passively said, "That was a real good hit for someone in your state." Kaze was internally groaning about the pain and of course the fact they had to wait for Morkai to shove the Palladins away long enough for everyone to be teleported.

Kaze opened up a pocket dimension with one of his talismans and pulled out a tray of lacquer ware dishes with a wide mouthed bottle. Kaze held up the bottle and poured a clear liquid into the dishes. "Nothing quite like danger outside your view and a few drinks to give a strong mood. Everyone gets three dishes tops. Except you, Angel, you can have one." Kaze pointed to Auriel with his latter statement then grinned a little and added teasingly, "Unless you think you can handle having more alcohol drowning in your body."

Ain Watlane
Front Reception| LostHaven LostHaven The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof eldorado eldorado
Mentioning: Abyss

Ain sighed, seeing Faust upset once more. "Another fail, huh?" Ain said before listening to Faust cursing, in which Ain's response was a simple shrug.

"Well, the author was human, so it's obvious that they wouldn't know everything about Elder Liches," Ain said in a calm, but friendly tone.

"I know! Why don't you try writing a book of your own about your kind? It might be a success and make you famous!" Ain suggested as his empty but sharp eyes looked at the masked magus only to shift their focus to the pancakes he had cooked and then to the lady and the wolfling, giving them a nod as if he was welcoming them to join him for those delicious pancakes.

Before Ain managed to enjoy the sweet taste of Faust's pancakes, he felt a bone-shattering chill run down his spine, it was as if something that should not exist in this world had finally made its way in. Ain looked at Faust, trying to understand if he had felt the sudden disturbance as well.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abyss
Temple of Nothing (Ruins)
Mentioning: Morkai de Mort ( Birdsie Birdsie ) Ain Watlane

Old stories spoke of a place with no sound and no color. A world of black and white that infected everything it came into contact with, draining away life and consuming it until there was no more. That place was the Void and its ruler, its god, was Abyss, the God of Nothing.

Abyss was once sealed away from the human realm by some adventurers, his plans to allow the Void to spread into the human realm and consume everything was foiled and since then, Abyss stood by, recollecting himself and waiting for an opportunity to strike again. And the time had come, after many failed attempts, Abyss found a crack in the barrier, a weak point and had managed to slip through it.

When he opened his eyes, he saw color, he heard the sound that was produced by mother nature, he had finally done it, he was in the human world.

"Finally, finally it's time..." Abyss said with an empty and quiet voice as he stood up. His mortal body was rusty, it ached all over as if he hadn't moved in centuries and his voice was hoarse as if he hadn't spoken for over a year.

He looked around, only to see the ruins of his temple, no believers to be seen. "My temple, it is nothing more than a pile of rocks - it would seem that everyone forgot about me..." Abyss said as he slowly took out his pendulum.

"Show me the path..." he muttered softly to it before watching it glow as if it spoke to him. Abyss then quietly sighed and began walking, leaving his ruined temple behind. Into the forest he ventured, as if he was being guided by someone. "This time, it will not be your victory, Lich of the Wind..." Abyss muttered quietly as he walked deeper and deeper into the forest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Morkai de Mort / Solarilannex / Paladin Captain - Temple of Bahamut

Very suddenly, with no rhyme or reason, Morkai cried into the air. It wasn't the beastly shriek or wrathful echo of a spirit one would expect from a lich, but a very human groan of frustration. That said, it caught the paladins off-guard, making them shuffle back a bit in recognition of danger.

"Dddddghr, not now! Of all fucking times he could choose..." Morkai said, then started a chain of quiet curses, inaudible to anyone standing too far away. The Paladin Captain's eyes widened as he heard words he did not think were pronounceable in a human tongue.

"W-what's happening here?" the Paladin Captain asked, unnerved and scared.

Morkai looked at him, two embers of furious sapphire-tinted soulfire burning in his sockets. His voice gained an aura of authority, and his appearance, a deadly spark of fear. "I'd lay you to sleep with magic, but I can't be wasting mana right now. Come here!" he said, voice with an echo, as he approached the Paladin Captain.

Said Captain drew his sword with no hesitation, swinging once and causing Morkai to hop back, then twice with further reach, but Morkai hopped back again, dodging. "Away, away!" he cried.

Morkai ignored his attacks and stepped forward, grabbing the Paladin Captain by the jaw and lifting him into the air, to render his cries silent and his struggles nonexistent.

Morkai let him down but quickly circled around him. He pressed his chest against the captain's back, wrapped his arms around his belly, and then suplexed him into the ground, the captain's face penetrating the stone tile floor as if wanting to peer into the hell below.

Morkai stood up, leaving the faithful ostrich whose limbs were swaying without control. The Lich gazed at those gathered, lifting his finger and asking, "Who's next?!"

Instantly, all of the paladins, knights, men-at-arms, and who else would be there, ran away, leaving their weapons behind.

Morkai uncast the illusionary wall, speaking to the team in his calm tone and without the fear aura. "I have stuff to take care of - very important, potentially world-destroying stuff if it's not stopped - so I'm leaving the dragon brat to you all."

A hole in space appeared beside Morkai, and he reached his hand into it, withdrawing a trifecta of golden amulets with blue, glowing enamel and magical inscriptions and sigils, clearly some kind of magic item. He threw one to Kaze, Auriel and Ashe respectively. "Use these to get to Fort Black - find an Elder Lich by the name of Faust and tell him to go to the Temple of Nothing and take the strongest people we have available, or I will confiscate his mushrooms - I've got to go."

Within moments, the group would feel an intense wave of air pressure hit them, and a cracking sound reminiscent of a sonic boom: the roof exploded and Morkai wasn't there - he lifted off the ground with a silent Fly spell and flew faster than human sight could register.

Solaris removed a piece of white debris from his equally white hair, questioning, "What was that all about?"

Sona Sona

Users who are viewing this thread

Back