• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes [IC]

G
Created at
Index progress
Complete

coollogo-com-7304830.png

Welcome to "A Guild of Heroes," a tale of heroism, love, peace, conflict, hate, adventure, and fabulous people doing glamorous things to spread the ideals of collecting loot from dungeons and deceased monsters! Feel free to join us at any time, be it as a member of the titular Guild of Heroes, or as one of its numerous adversaries, or perhaps as someone entirely else!

You can find the thread directory in this threadmark index. If you have any questions regarding the RP, tag me in OOC or visit my Discord, link in the OOC.
Intro

Birdsie

The God-Emperor of Mankind
Posting Rules
1. I am always right.
2. When I'm wrong, refer to the rule above.
3. Apply common sense to everything you do.
4. Include the character's name and location above the post - this is done to avoid confusing and intimidating players who want to join the action.
5. Try to post at least once a day, to the best of your ability - don't leave your partners hanging and progress the action in timely manner. Long periods of inactivity should be reported beforehand.
6. Do not be afraid to build lore and introduce concepts and elements. This is a collaborative experience, don't ask the GM for permission for little things.
7. There are no length requirements. From one-liners to web novels, anything is fine, as long as it progresses the action, develops or introduces new concepts into the story.
8. Most importantly, have fun!

-=|:|=-​

The land of Albion is a beauty. Long patches of green verdant land intersecting with autumn-hued fields of wheat with windmills. Barns in big grasslands and pastures with bovines and horses as far as the eye can see, surrounded by sturdy wooden railings. A network of cobblestone roads where merchant caravans dragged by hardworking mares and steeds move through the forest paths in peace. A land of peace and prosperity as far as the eye can see.

In the center, the city of Bowerstone. With mighty walls and towers, with roads paved from large slabs of stone and with gaslit lanterns lighting the streets at night, one can see steam-powered blimps flying in the air. The residential districts that layer themselves upon each other, creating tall and majestic houses and structures. And in the distance, the venerable citadel that is the royal castle. Crime, though widespread, remains suppressed.

A prosperous kingdom, with happy citizens and safe roads.

Why is that, you ask?

North of Bowerstone, just an hour on foot, lies a fortress unlike any other. Towers reaching for the sky and surrounded by a moat with sea dragons swimming within. Its walls mounted by unmoving rows of iron golem crossbowmen, the cords of their weapons made of a thin blue line of odic force and the bolts woven out of mana.

The Guild Hall of the Guild of Heroes. Fort Black. Their headquarters.

Here is where legends live and die.

Last edited:
Emma - Emma's Tavern
Swole spider woman.png

Emma's tavern, a small, yet comfortable little building, sitting at a corner-stop near the centre of the grand city of Cailgoown that was renowned not for its fair prices, nor its beautiful maids, despite having both, but for the sole fact that it was run by the famed ex-captain Emma, hailed as a hero for her illogical amounts of strength.

This small building called far and wide to everyone and everything, with no race being turned away, from the undead knights to human merchants, all were welcomed with open arms by its Arachnen owner, and this day, like every other, had it bustling with activity as people crowded around each of the countless small tables that were crowded with a varying selection of interesting and unique appearances, with the most notable being the owner herself, a strong, well-defined spider-woman, standing behind the bar-counter, chatting with a dozen people simultaneously, handing out beers and taking in coins with multi-tasking skill that almost made it seem like it was all choreographed.

The woman chuckled and laughed boisterously, span yarns with a cheery smile as she slid from one side of the counter to the other, her hands constantly at work as she sped to anyone without an ale in-hand, her bulky appearance strangely not getting in the way at all as she shuffled with a strange dancer's grace, with eyes that constantly darted around and ensuring that nothing was out of place.

"Hey Marie, don't forget to remind me t' stock up on dwarf oil, I think we're running low." She grinned to one of the servers as they whisked past with a nod, before being nudged off themself to ever more conversations as more rounds of people either left with a cheerful grin and a rose face, or entered with the knowledge that their day was simply going to get better after a tough day's work, allowing them to relax under the protection of Em's silken tales.

(Open for Interaction~)​

Last edited:
The Sword and Scimitar Co.
Hunslaus Valentin
Making their way into Cailgoown, outside Emma's Tavern
"--All I'm sayin' is bears are a dangerous species, aye they don't have fire comin' out every orifice but those buggers can run fast. In my last days, if it's a bear that does me in, you'd have wished you listened to me in the first place. I've fought dragons n' all, lions even, but bears? Fuck me, I'd never tangle with a bear if I didn't 'ave to." Hunslaus remarked, puffing on the clay pipe which was rarely found far from him. In fact, it was something which had become so associated with him that it was easier to forget his face and just remember what sort of tobacco he was smoking. Sitting atop a great, Northern stallion he rode with Saif either side of the company wagon, pulled by a mule and chased by two large hunting hounds. Covered by an oiled tarp, the misshapen lump in the back was clearly not any sort of supplies nor loot. Especially when one considered the pool of coagulating blood that had settled under it.

They'd taken the contract from a message board within Bowerstone only weeks before, vanishing into the wilderness and returning, now, triumphant. Hun didn't quite feel it. The victory didn't thrum in his veins, nor herald singing. He was bruised, battered, and washed out from combat. From the bridge of his nose to the side of his face, mottled yellow and purple; scabbed cuts regaled the tale of crawling up a cliffside, before being dragged across gravel, and his slightly singed hair was a ballad of a fire-breathing beast's relentless assault.

He hated lizards.

"Took a bleedin' while to chop this fellas head off though, eh?" He glanced over at his solemn companion. "Not as bad smellin' as a bag of goblin ears, but that's just pocket money in comparison to a troll. When youse think on it, half these creatures smell like shit. Not even when they're rottin'." He let the pipe hang from his lip whilst massaging into the cramping of his hand, hissing at how sore everything seemed from riding a horse since dawn to having the three hells beaten out of him. It didn't help they were getting older, the pair of them. Hun had started entertaining the thought of buying a tavern somewhere, yet Saif was the one with all the far more grandiose ideas. Palaces and harems, servants and aristocracy. He'd suit it. If one were to forgive the coarser nature of a mercenary, one whom had adopted the lifestyle through and through.

When there wasn't contracts to be had, the pair plundered and embraced a lawless existence. Between bounty hunting, pest control, and occasional debt collecting. From East to West, North to South, they'd been luckier than some. Seen more, heard more, done more. Explored freedom to its extent with murder and sex, coming out of a dark night smelling of blood and brothels. Yet, even then, as they rode through the city gates and past the guardsmen, Hunslaus would grumble about the economy or wistfully reiterate the wish for a hot bath and some softer, feminine company in comparison to the old goat he travelled with. All in jest, but the insults and bickering between the two partners seemed to never come to an end.

Pulling outside of Emma's Tavern, Hun slid off his saddle with a groan. Stretching his legs and stiffly walking the animals to the water troughs out front. The dogs joined in refreshment, Hun sitting half on a fence. "How 'bout we take this in, grab the gold n' spend it on a cold drink. I could do with a bath n' a hot bowl of somethin'. You snore like we ain't got a place to be in the mornin's." Valentin flashed a comedic glance, "Wonder how you ever managed to pull some of the girls you did, surely they'd wake up halfway through the night thinkin' it was a fuckin' avalanche 'bout to tear 'em apart. Ends up bein' yer fuckin' great conker of a nose."

Hands, ingrained with dirt that even scrubbing couldn't get out at this point, cracked and roughened from weapons petted the softer mane of his steed. "By our Lady Light's saggy tits I could snort half a kilo of poppy-seed n' chase the dragon in my bleedin' head, anythin' to put me out of this misery. Can't feel my fuckin' arse I've been sittin' so long."

Interacting: High Moon High Moon
Mentioned: Noble Scion Noble Scion

Last edited:
Morkai de Mort - Fort Black, construction zone

Holding and looking at a parchment in his hands and wearing a blue-collar safety helmet on his skull, Morkai stood in the middle of a construction zone.

Due to a recent administrative expansion and the increasing number of members in the Guild, they were making concurrent expansions to the Fort. A new residential wing was being erected, with a separate canteen. Due to the increasing numbers of members, he also had to hire more cute receptionist girls, mostly educated noblewomen, to help in quest management and keeping track of the flow of adventure-related finances.

Being a Guildmaster was hard work.

"A little bit to the left!" Morkai called out to the two golems, who were setting down a large statue of him next to the rest of the statues of the Founders. "Wrong left, you stupid dishwasher! Yes, yes... a bit more... yeeees... perfect!"

Satisfied with the outcome, he showed them two fingers in a circle, like a chef happy with his dish.

"I should go pay Emma a visit. I haven't had a day off in... five years, now?" he asked himself, having a difficult time recalling. "Oh, well, no matter."

Morkai teleported to his office with a thought, instantly falling into his chair and letting himself sink into the cushions. Though he couldn't feel fatigue or comfort with his body, the feeling of weightlessness provided by it was oddly similar to rest. In any case, it helped him relax his mind.

His kittens walked around the office, not at all afraid of their lich owner. One of them mrrrow'ed at him when he appeared, then began to snuggle up to one of his feet.

Relaxing for not a minute, he noticed something with the corner of his eye, which wasn't an eye, but rather a dot of burning soulfire so small and hidden so deep within his skull that one wouldn't notice it from far away or the wrong angle.

"Huh, what's this?"

A sealed letter laid on his desk like Pandora's Box waiting to be opened. The fact that it had the official seal of the Clergy of Bahamut on it didn't make him anymore at ease. He had met the Dragon-God in the past and impressed him with his 'unerring sense of justice, despite being undead.'

Morkai produced a simple letter-opener and began to read. His not-eyes squinted as he went through the lines of text, growing worried with the first paragraph and going into shock by the time he had finished.

"So, they're sending me a second Lilith..." he muttered, feeling tethers of worry go down his spine. Morkai sagged in his chair, massaging his forehead, even though he couldn't really feel his fingers brushing against his skull.

Open for Interaction

Solarilannex, Cailgoown

The paladins rushed down the corridor into the ritual chamber, where two dozen clerics were struggling to preserve the strength of a holy, blue bubble-barrier. The target of the barrier was a draconic shape with glowing, scornful eyes.

"What's the situation?" The paladin captain approached the archpriest.

"His breath is unexpectedly powerful - it could probably melt steel..." The old archpriest worriedly stroked his beard. "As expected of a son of the great Bahamut, he's about to tear through. We have no choice but to initiate his transfer prematurely."

"Understood, then I'll call in the mages to teleport--" the captain was interrupted by a change in air pressure so mighty that his hairs moved with it and his voice escaped his vocal chords.

The dragon with platinum scales opened its jaw, taking in a mighty huff of air. The amount of air tension and pressure changes could be heard even here, on the other side of the barrier. The dragon heated up the air in its belly, like a plasmatic cauldron of force and wind, pulsing, tearing, incapable of escaping. The air beyond the barrier heaved and pulsed with waves of ambient heat, as the dragon amassed a massive shell of seething, raging flame in his mouth.

"Incoming! Brace yourselves!" one of the priests leading the ritual screamed.

The ball reached critical mass, then the dragon breathed out, firing a 'laserbeam' of pure, destructive flame, at enough temperature to melt a human. The barrier struggled, pulsing with damage, showing cracks and errors in its construction, being overwhelmed by the amount of sheer physical and magical force presented.

The cracks soon turned into holes, through which narrow lines of flame escaped until the bubble burst open, coating the entire chamber in a veritable inferno. The priests managed to cast protective spells on themselves just in time to avoid burn wounds.

The belligerent child that caused this was already gone by the time the flame and smoke dissipated, and he left behind only a single hole in the wall.

"After him!" the paladin captain ordered. The paladins ran into action.

---:---​

The hound-sized platinum beast flicked its wings, flying up onto the temple roof from the backyard, then hiding behind one of the towers and taking a moment to breathe and ensure it wasn't being followed or its location compromised.

Damn, that breath took a lot of his stamina out of him.

A whole day, it took, to break out of that barrier. This was way worse than house arrest.

Sostarilannex looked into a puddle below him, seeing his form and aware he won't fit in. He transmuted his body to fit in with mortal society. The draconic scales hid into his skin as he stood on his hind legs and his body adjusted its proportions into those of a young boy. An instinctive ability that a lot of dragons possessed as a survival mechanic, clearly for good reason.

He looked down, seeing a bunch of paladins scatter across the courtyard like a swarm of spiders, going in every direction to search for him. Presumably, they would come up here, too. Not wanting to take any chance, Solaris jumped down and crept by, keeping out of sight and close to the pillars of the temple.

Finally, he reached the exit of the hellish imprisonment camp.

He walked the streets, confused by the mortals' weird appearances. Some of them looked like his current body but taller, while others had spiky ears - elves, or so were they called - and others were stout and short. These last ones he was familiar with. Dwarves, renowned for their craftsmanship and mining. Since they had access to gold mines, they were one of the few mortal races he was interested in.

Solaris absently walked down one street, only to see a patrol of paladins at the next intersection asking for a dragon, about this size, and...

Mind you, Solaris is not an idiot, but what he is, is from a different culture.

Normally, a person trying to hide would go into a dark alleyway or into a building, but Solaris' youthful mind did not understand the fine art of stealth nor did it comprehend the idea behind windows, as it was never educated on these matters. Ergo, the concept of not doing anything rash and stupid in panic eluded him.

Therefore, he jumped headfirst through the window next to him, expecting it to be a leisurely leap where he'd land on his belly.

Instead, he crashed through the window with his face, scattering glass everywhere and scratching himself and his impromptu clothing, woven out of mana, up. This was impressive by itself, as most people wouldn't accomplish this cartoonish feat. Windows are tougher than people believe, and Solaris only accomplished it thanks to enhanced strength.

Then, the head-splitting pain in his head pushed him down into an area of dizziness, his brain telling him to go to sleep. His face was affected by enough concussive force to knock out an adult human, and it was impressive he still had his eyes open.

Despite enhanced strength, he hadn't bothered to prepare himself to receive a blow. His constitution wasn't as good as his strength, only slightly above average by human standards in his current form.

The result was a cerebral contusion.

And impressively, the boy kept going. His hand reached forward, sliding his increasingly heavy body forward at a slow, yet inhumanly determined pace, to the point where it terrified some of the watchers. It was like cutting down a man in half and seeing him still get up for more fighting.

And then, after approximately four arm-pulls forward, the young boy's head finally sagged to the floor, faceplanting into it, presumably into unconsciousness, his face now invisible and only unnatural platinum-colored hair being visible to the bar-goers.

Noble Scion Noble Scion idalie idalie

Morkai de Mort - Fort Black, construction zone

Holding and looking at a parchment in his hands and wearing a blue-collar safety helmet on his skull, Morkai stood in the middle of a construction zone.

Due to a recent administrative expansion and the increasing number of members in the Guild, they were making concurrent expansions to the Fort. A new residential wing was being erected, with a separate canteen. Due to the increasing numbers of members, he also had to hire more cute receptionist girls, mostly educated noblewomen, to help in quest management and keeping track of the flow of adventure-related finances.

Being a Guildmaster was hard work.

"A little bit to the left!" Morkai called out to the two golems, who were setting down a large statue of him next to the rest of the statues of the Founders. "Wrong left, you stupid dishwasher! Yes, yes... a bit more... yeeees... perfect!"

Satisfied with the outcome, he showed them two fingers in a circle, like a chef happy with his dish.

"I should go pay Emma a visit. I haven't had a day off in... five years, now?" he asked himself, having a difficult time recalling. "Oh, well, no matter."

Morkai teleported to his office with a thought, instantly falling into his chair and letting himself sink into the cushions. Though he couldn't feel fatigue or comfort with his body, the feeling of weightlessness provided by it was oddly similar to rest. In any case, it helped him relax his mind.

His kittens walked around the office, not at all afraid of their lich owner. One of them mrrrow'ed at him when he appeared, then began to snuggle up to one of his feet.

Relaxing for not a minute, he noticed something with the corner of his eye, which wasn't an eye, but rather a dot of burning soulfire so small and hidden so deep within his skull that one wouldn't notice it from far away or the wrong angle.

"Huh, what's this?"

A sealed letter laid on his desk like Pandora's Box waiting to be opened. The fact that it had the official seal of the Clergy of Bahamut on it didn't make him anymore at ease. He had met the Dragon-God in the past and impressed him with his 'unerring sense of justice, despite being undead.'

Morkai produced a simple letter-opener and began to read. His not-eyes squinted as he went through the lines of text, growing worried with the first paragraph and going into shock by the time he had finished.

"So, they're sending me a second Lilith..." he muttered, feeling tethers of worry go down his spine. Morkai sagged in his chair, massaging his forehead, even though he couldn't really feel his fingers brushing against his skull.

Open for Interaction
Lilith was strolling around the fort of the guild for some time now. She was bored, badly bored and there seemed to be nobody that had anything fun to do. Or anything good to eat, for that matter.

After a while, the boredom got too much for the little girl. SHe needed action, adventure, funnel cakes. Mostly the last. How to get either of those, that was the real issue. But she did know a person that could help her out here.

Quickly, Lilith´s eyes caught a movement in the corner of her eyes. A small bird was flying around the courtyard Lilith was currently in. Soon, it landed very close to he. A grave mistake, literally. Lilith got on all fours and with a leap, had the bird in her mouth, ripping it apart like the carnine she partly was. Her eyes glowed for a brief moment and she tossed aside the carcass of the bird.

With a "poof" she was gone. Disappeared. She had, by killing the bird, taken in its soul. Which now, she had used to convert into magic. A teleport had been performed. Now a birds soul was not very strong, but for teleporting in the area of the fort was possible. And the location she reappeared in was one very familiar to her. The office of her adoptive father, the guild master. Morkai de Mort.

With her mouth and partly her face still covered in bird-remains and blood, she grinned at him. "Daddieeee", she squealed out and pulled at his arm. "Im bored. And hungry." Obviously, she was waiting for him to fix those things.

Ashe - The city of Cailgoown

Ashe strolled Into Cailgoown. Of course, she seemed a bit of an oddity strolling through the city. She was, in fact, carrying a live demon in a cage and talking to it like it was an actual pet. The cloaked girl sighed as the none vocal being seemed to reply to her previous statement. "I know Dumpling... But those Goblins should have been enough to keep you fed for a while...." She said with a sigh as a mumble came from the being. "I don't care if you do not prefer human.... I said we are not killing anyone." She said angrily as she held the cage up to her face. "And I swear if you ask again I am going to shake this cage."

Ashe seemed to be happy with the outcome of the threat, as she put the Demon puffball's cage back to her side and looked up in time to watch a young man throw himself straight through the window of the tavern she was looking for. "Oh... well... I guess we found it..." She said with a sigh. "If they let him in, they definitely let anyone in." She said to Dumpling as she walked into the tavern, Dumpling in plain view.

idalie idalie Birdsie Birdsie Noble Scion Noble Scion

GilElnor approved. He had blessed her with a carriage charitably offered and with the kindness of a young noblewoman who had taken her to the Heroes' Guild directly. Because he approved, Gil could not complain about her sore back, the casualty of rocky roads and a jittery carriage. She tried not to think about how unpresentable she was, either, by the blood that stained her pure white robes, or by the dust that obscured its holy shade. But one thought did overtake her. "Oh," she closed her eyes, pained. "Elnor, forgive me..." for she had not managed to make the morning sacrifice with the rising of the sun.

The fort's gates opened to her. A wide entrance to a main office brought her directly to a kind of reception area. Large, arching ceiling, twirling pillars, and banners of heroes past were displayed mightily. Gil gaped, and would have stayed gaping if the receptionist hadn't called out to her.

"Hello! Oh, hello! Yes! How can I help you?"

She was a cheery-looking woman, with a wide face and reddish cheeks. Glasses stuck to her nose comfortably, like they belonged there. Gil found herself smiling back. "I... Thank you, I'm not sure."

"You're doing fine, dear! Are you here to make a request?"

"No, not to make... I want to take requests. No, I mean." Gil sighed, staring a hole in the floor. She spoke slowly. "I would like to become a member of the Heroes' Guild. How do I do that?"

"Oh! My, yes. Well, I believe the Guildmaster is in now, so you could talk to him..." She raised a hand, waving at someone who was walking by. "Udgirr! Perfect timing! Would you mind taking her to the Guildmaster's office?"

Computing Magus Computing Magus

Mentions: ??? (( eldorado eldorado ))

As of current, a fellow seems to be approaching near, quite possibly who the receptionist referred to. Once Gil should turn around, they are met with a mildly disgruntled hobgoblin covered in so much white cloth fur that they could have been a different race altogether, if not for their head barely sticking out. Before one can question his predicament, the hobgoblin shifts his posture, and it's revealed he was simply carrying the said abundance of material, and upon closer inspection seems to be acquired from an animal. The hobgoblin sets down their cargo beside the table and offers his hand, beaming. He had to make a good impression. He is currently in a more comfortable attire, and without his inventory is already quite into a lot of the white fur lining his clothes.

"A pleasant morning, maam. If you seek audience with the Guildmaster, I will lead you there. It's not too far off. Can you keep watch for this, if you will?" the hobgoblin asks the receptionist. They quickly look between the amount of material and back to the green-skinned man, and reluctantly nods and smiles at his direction, indicating she can handle such. Without a second look, the man leads forward and into a deeper part of the guild.

"Call me Udgirr, a pleasure to make your acquaintance. As a usual forewarning, please don't be quite surprised with what you find of our Guildmaster. Anywho, may I inquire your name?" Udgirr asks out of formality as he walks on by, passing the beautiful garden meadows on the interior grounds of the guild, passing by a few of the other apprentices.

Last edited:
GilA strange sight, to be sure. Until now, she was not used to seeing creatures of another race, at least, not without some social distance. At the green hand offered, she hesitated for a beat before she took it. "Thank you very much. There is no wisdom in denying your kindness." She perceived the hand's rough expanse, feeling for a moment very small.

He could crush you in a moment. But do not fret, fair one; I will keep you safe.

Her smile froze. Its dark voice was filth. If only she had the tools to crush it.

Somberly, she followed the hobgoblin through the Guild Hall.

"Udgirr, yes... it is indeed a pleasure," she confirmed, nodding. She smiled faintly as he gave advice, and said with a sigh, "I am afraid I can't promise you that. My own composure has broken afore... and that by lesser things than a lich."

A quick scan of the gardens yielded its beauty -- bushes of vibrant colour, masterfully-cut hedges, an inventive irrigation system sprinkling a mist over the foreign flowers. The apprentices that walked to and fro on the cobblestone pathways were often caught up in conversation. It all was far more.. benign than she had anticipated.

Her name... She gave it stiffly. "I am Gil, a sworn sister from Elnor's Cantors." Her back arched as she spoke, her weight settling into her hips. She remembered who she was -- it was easy to forget outside the convent. "Have you heard tell of the god of light?"

Morkai de Mort - Fort Black, Guildmaster's office

Ah. And there it is. The definite nail in the coffin.

And she ate something, judging by the fact the nail was stained red. With no other choice, Morkai opened his drawer and handed her a funnel cake. It was in the norm for him to keep one in his drawer, though never more than one, as it'd enable Lilith to ransack through.

"Lilith... I told you not to eat animals. Or kill animals. Or kill, for that matter," he chided her in the tone of an exhausted and overworked parent, cupping her chin with one hand and wiping the blood from her teeth with a handkerchief in the other one.

"It was an animal, right...?" He feared the inevitable had happened and she killed a person. This was always a risk.
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

Mentions: Gil (( eldorado eldorado )), Guildmaster (( Birdsie Birdsie ))

It didn't require much for Udgirr to assume Gil's profession, and that she was probably under the direct order of her supreme being. Udgirr already has had his own deity to attend to, so simply those in a different sequence of divine creators were something he was not knowledgeable about. All he knew was that there were others. Here, meeting one of those who are under a different rule still felt indifferent as if they were any other person, but at least they're of interest.

"I'm afraid I haven't heard of the god of light, as affiliated as I am to a deity. I'd like for you to tell me of them when we can. For now, we should head to the Guildmaster. It shouldn't take long now." Udgirr said, hoping that didn't seem like he was attempting to solely stop her from speaking, since there was little time for a conversation given they were now a few cuts near to the Guildmaster's office.

As for Udgirr, he also held high respect for the Guildmaster as much as anyone else would, but it still makes the hobgoblin anxious to try and approach them, and also acquainting with the other apprentices. One reason is they're a Lich. That was the only point that makes him unsettling, but that can also mean quite a favorable amount of power hidden within oneself, that translates to "zap you with just a single finger and you'd literally explode". Also, Udgirr simply prefers to keep at his own place and train for as long as he could until the eventual event that he would be required for a quest was done. He has yet to make even a good friend between his associates. One thing he might not realize is because he is almost just as much intimidating, but that wasn't something a self-optimist would think about.

They have reached the door, and Udgirr knocks, hoping the Guildmaster was indeed inside. Last time he spotted him, they were in a construction area on a part of the Guild, attending the golems and such.

Ah. And there it is. The definite nail in the coffin.

And she ate something, judging by the fact the nail was stained red. With no other choice, Morkai opened his drawer and handed her a funnel cake. It was in the norm for him to keep one in his drawer, though never more than one, as it'd enable Lilith to ransack through.

"Lilith... I told you not to eat animals. Or kill animals. Or kill, for that matter," he chided her in the tone of an exhausted and overworked parent, cupping her chin with one hand and wiping the blood from her teeth with a handkerchief in the other one.

"It was an animal, right...?" He feared the inevitable had happened and she killed a person. This was always a risk.
Lilith stared at the cake with sparkling eyes. She absolutely loved those things. It was abnormal. Though the happiness on her face rose, it sunk again immediatly as she got scolded. "Im sorry...", she muttered. "It was a bird. But i was so hungry and i also needed a soul to teleport...", she muttered.

She hated to get scolded. She was a trouble maker, but that wasnt because she WANTED to cause trouble. She did her best to be a good kid. But she was a demon, it was in her nature to be more troublesome.

She was about to try and give a list of reasons why she ate the bird even though she was told not to kill animals. But it knocked on the door. Lilith looked at the door and got next to Morkai, grasping his boney hand with her small one. "Who´s that, pa?"

"Yes, yes... It's alright," he said, petting her gently. Internally, he made a note to create a forcefield to keep random avians at bay in such a way that it wouldn't impede carrier pigeons. Lilith's gluttony, be it for stray corvids or for sweets, was rather inconvenient.

And then, someone knocked on the door.

"Probably just the mail," Morkai said, though he preferred to convey professionalism just in case. He sat down in his chair and motioned to the nearest kitten with his hand. It mrrrow'ed at him, then jumped up onto his knees. Morkai swiveled backward in his chair, then clapped his hands.

"Enter!"

As soon as the door creaked open, he began to affectionately stroke the kitten's fur. This trope from James Bond movies was his way of giving people the menacing lich they expected.

The Guildmaster's office gave a slightly idiosyncratic vibe. The walls were built from gray-brown bricks. A group of kittens freely roamed the room, eating paste or drinking milk from a corner with pewter bowls, or playing with balls of yarn. There was also a small number of potted plants in the corners, mostly tiny flower bushes. There was also a well-kept bonsai tree on one of the drawers.

His desk was from mahogany, and it had a towering stack of books and documents planted on it. Next to a small financial report and an open letter with a silvery dragon seal on it, there was an ink holder with a quill in it.

Behind the lich, there was a glass door leading to a balcony, and above it, a portrait of him was hung - a recent portrait, judging from the appearance of his kittens on it.

His chair swiveled 180° around its axis. Morkai faced Gil and Udgirr, saying, "How can I help you?" His tone was soft and hid no emotion in it, other than the simple pleasantry of business. Beside him stood a girl with black hair, red eyes, and wolf ears.

He didn't emit the terrifying aura that people spoke of when liches came into question, however, the sight of an animated skeleton would still be unnerving to someone seeing it for the first time.

Silently, Morkai wished that Lilith behaved. He had already ascertained the woman in the doorway was either a new potential member or a cleric here to deliver some message or offer her services. Whatever the case, proper etiquette had to be maintained to make a good impression.
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof eldorado eldorado Computing Magus Computing Magus

Emma - Emma's Tavern
Swole spider woman.png

"I TOLD YOU IDIOTS NOT TO BE THROWIN' THE TABL- Oh." Em began upon hearing the sound of broken glass, climbing over her counter to find the source of the problem so she could get a handle on things. People parted before the ex-warrior as she walked through the crowd of people, only to be met with a young, unconscious and surprisingly resilient young man with a startlingly strange appearance that seemed outlandish of some way, yet she just couldn't quite land her finger on it.

"Does anyone own the kid?" She called to no one in particular, looking around for some sort of possible mother, yet seeing none as nothing more than murmurs of curiosity rose from the patrons of the bar.

"Uh.. This is unusual.. Eden, be a dear and take care of the bar for a bit, I have a child I need to set up in bed for a bit." she whispered to one of her maids, who simply nodded in acceptance, before lifting the small child with ease, yet finding him unexpectedly weighty, and proceeded to carry him over the counter, up a small set of stairs into a surprisingly well-lit room with a monstrously-sized bed, and tucked him in with a parent's grace.

"Gonna need another new window" she mumbled before trotting off to grab a cloth and some water, remembering something during the process and picking up a small teddy from a side room on the journey back. "GO'N CLEAN UP THE MESS SOMEB'DY!" She called down the stairs before sitting on the edge of the bed and simply watched the self-KO'd child, and began gently wiping off shards of glass. Thankfully, very few appeared to have embedded them within his skin, which was rather surprising considering what Emma had seen of human children, unlike Arachnen children, got cut from the slightest of falls. The steady motion of his chest told her he wasn't dead.

The kid seems just a little younger than when her own children had set out into the world, which led Emma to believe he had probably run away from home, but where from, based on his features, she simply couldn't tell, despite her extensive knowledge of foreign lands thanks to all the chatter she had with travellers.

"He better be ready to work to pay for that window.. Those things aren't cheap" she muttered to herself while twiddling one sets of hands together while the others remained folded. Tears were to be expected when he woke up, so the spider-woman simply put the soft toy on the kid's arm for something to cuddle when he awoke. Her thoughts rose to other things as she waited, such as "Was the whole window thing just a dare from some other kids?", "Exactly how fragile are human children?" and "How hard can I slap him for breaking my window?". All of which she knew not the answer to, and did not expect to know in the near future.

The bar, in the mean-while, was being run by a young, incredibly pale woman, clothed in the traditional bar-maiden attire, with the strange addition of a hood, proceeding to act as Emma had before her attention had been required elsewhere, performing the same duties, except without making any small-talk and simply providing alcohol and collecting payments.
(interacting with Birdsie Birdsie )
(Relevant mentions : Octo Girl Octo Girl idalie idalie )​

Solarilannex - Emma's Tavern

In around a minute, a big red swelling appeared on the boy's forehead, indicating that the concussive force must've burst some blood vessels. This was a silent indicator of serious head trauma, most likely a brain contusion.

The boy's eyes opened, clearly in pain, flickering with his blinks. He breathed out lightly, seemingly barely conscious or aware of where he was. It took him a moment to ask, "Where... am I? What is... this... place?"

And then, his eyes opened up properly, letting in enough light to see the woman in front of him, though his facial expression strongly implied he was still very disoriented. As soon as he did, his eyelids slid open thrice more, as wide as saucers. Upon that, he screamed and simultaneously threw a haphazard right hook in her direction. Probably the only reaction a young boy could have when seeing a giant spider on his bed. And despite his outwardly stubbly arm, the punch had a comically inhuman amount of force, one that could be said to be comically disproportionate to his little form.

Emma - Emma's Tavern
Swole spider woman.png

"HOLY, KID, WHAT?!" The spider-woman gasped, tumbling from the bed onto the ground after instinctually blocking the young humanling's fist and being winded by the sheer amount of force exerted by their small body, The blow landed directly on two of her hands, which were in-turn being supported by the other duo of fists.

"Scared the hell outta me! An' first of all, I s'pose I should answer your questions.. But considering you could've broken my arm with the strength of... Whatever the hell your parents have been feeding you, you better answer my right back, AND pay for my window." Emma huffed after briefly calming her heart down, climbing up from the ground in a less-than-graceful manner, and making the decision to stand at a much safer distance at the corner of the room, rather than returning to her spot on the bed as before.

"I am Emma, this is my bar, you broke my window, then tried to kill me. Clear so far?" she said is short bursts as her heartrate slowly returned to normal. "... Almost gave me a heart attacks.. Anyway, What's your name? Why'd yeh break my window, an' why the hell did you punch me with the force of a bloody giant. Keep in mind I've killed quite a few of them, so even if y'er strong, if y'er some child assassin or somethin', I ain't goin' easy on yeh." She said with a serious tone that very few people in her modern life would hear, her eyes narrowing with caution, void of compassion and seeming quite similar to a spider eying a rival entering its territory
(interacting with Birdsie Birdsie )​

Solarilannex - Emma's Tavern

He jumped out of bed, to the opposite side of the spider-woman, entering a dextrous and combative stance, giving the impression of a predator. His eyes, like those of a wild reptile, shot from one corner of the room to the other. Analyzing, trying to find an exit or an advantage.

And then, suddenly, he stumbled a few steps to the right, taking the support of the wall and holding his forehead with the other hand. He gave the spider-woman an angry look, declaring, "Your forcefield displeases me!"

He hissed in pain, clearly throbbing and pulsing in his forehead, then looked at a nearby picture on the wall. "... As does your interior decorating," he stated blankly.

He faced her, letting go of the wall and his forehead. His spine bent itself in pain, and then he tried to straighten his back, only for it to flop back down. In the end, he used the nearest drawer, putting his hand on it and supporting his upper body with it.

He then said, "Very well, witch... Your invisible barrier has cursed me with a thrumming migraine... Quite a potent spell, to affect one such as myself. Seeing that I'm a disadvantage, I will bow down my head and introduce myself - rejoice for you have been given the honor of knowing the name of I... the... aah..."

He hissed sharply again, the pain clearly getting to him and the dizziness making it hard to stand. He wiped his hand across his forehead, then looked at the blood on his fingers and scowled. He looked at Emma again and said, "I am Solarilannex, also known as Vanathur, and I am a son of Bahamut! Now, then, demanding money from me is punishable by death! Rejoice, for your death will be swift if painful!"

He breathed in, sparks igniting between his teeth and an aura of flame coating his throat with an ardent glow. He tried to breathe out, but instead, he began to choke on the fire and instead spat out a hefty cloud of smoke and impotent sparks, beginning to cough repeatedly and hitting himself in the chest.

He continued with a strong rasp, "Curses! Your witchcraft disabled my breath. Very well, then I shall face you with my cla-" As soon as he let go of the drawer, his knees buckled and his hands fell to the floor, in something reminiscent of a crawl on all fours. He began to spit up more smoke, as well as some blood-laden saliva, clearly in a pathetic state that could not facilitate any form of combat.

Noble Scion Noble Scion

Faust Windfallow
Fort Black - Front Reception | Open for Interaction

The man slammed his book shut with one hand, shaking his masked head in what could only be described as a sense of disappointment that had reached unprecedented levels. Grumbling, Faust threw the book into the air, which soon after erupted into flames, raining its ashes upon the cloaked lich. Faust uttered words in some sort of unintelligible language, as he opened his drawer that was labeled with a piece of paper stuck to it, with 'SHITTY BOOKS' written over the paper in a cursive and official-looking font, that would be generally expected of some form of 'refined' noble. Faust retrieved a brand new novel from the drawer before promptly shutting it with excessive force.

"For fuck's sake. If I see 'star-crossed lovers' one more time, I will fucking burn down all of Bowerstone if the author would get caught in the destruction..." He growled while drawing some form of symbol over the book with his left hand. Lines of mana appeared where his fingers had swiped, forming an unfamiliar arcane rune. Faust remembered wasting several hours of his life creating this spell, though his reasoned that it would save him much more time if he could pick out the worthless books that shouldn't be read by mortal eyes. The covers of the novel flew open, the pages turning one after the other at a furious speed, and within a few seconds, the book was shut again. Faust picked it up and skimmed over the pages.

Faust's 'blacklisted' words were all highlighted with a blue energy that emanated a gentle glow, and Faust grew more irritated as he noticed that there were large amounts of these 'blacklisted' words. Star-crossed being one among the hundreds of them.

"Nope."

He simply said as he properly disposed of the junk. He moved on to the next text. This one was bound in some sort of leather, with a magic circle engraved into the surface. Faust recognized it immediately as a form of summoning circle, generally used to conjure hellish creatures. He also noticed, that it was very poorly drawn, with dozens of errors in it, ranging from wrong symbols to completely wrong letters of the runic alphabet that was incorporated into the design. "Rain thoi hellish furry upon mine frenemies" He read the words out loud, then placed his hand over the beaked mask in a facepalm. "That's not how a summoning circle works..." Faust whispered in severe disappointment, in both the person who wrote the tome, and mortalkind in general. "You can't just write a bunch of runic symbols on it and expect them to do something... I get it that certain phrases carved into the circle can have different impacts on the summoning and results, but at least do it right..." However, the art of summoning creatures to lay waste upon his enemies was, in Faust's opinion, a relatively difficult art, and amateur mistakes were something Faust was willing to overlook. Until he opened the tome and began to skim over its contents.

"This is bullshit..." He groaned, realising the tome was actually more of a religious scripture of a sketchy cult. He must've stolen their book some long time ago. In any case, Faust had forgotten how he'd obtained the thing, and why he'd even be interested in this rubbish in the first place. "One does not simply summon an Eldritch God with a fucking magic circle, if they even fucking exist!" Faust closed the book and flung it as far as possible, crashing into the floor several meters from Faust's position. "What do you mean 'the lords of hell'?! Where is the definitive proof that there exists only seven Demon Lords who rules over the 'seven deadly sins'?! How the fuck would you know the Underworld's hierarchy? What's with the fucking inconsistency, calling them demons, then devils? There is a clear fucking difference between them!" Taking a deep breath, even though liches did not breathe, nor could feel exhausted of breath from continuously speaking for long periods of time, Faust leaned back on his chair and kicked his feet up on his desk. The desk itself was constructed of oak, and decorated with bones, that gave it an unsettling vibe that was completely unfitting for the front reception for the Guild. But Faust liked it, and that desk is staying.

"Man, being a villain sounds fun right now... Going around and blowing shit up without a worry. What happened to those good ol' days?"

Mentions: Gil (( eldorado eldorado )), Guildmaster (( Birdsie Birdsie )), ??? (( The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof ))

As soon as the voice that is most certainly from the Guildmaster calls to them from inside, Udgirr twists the door knob and enters, beckoning Gil to follow. As far as Udgirr remembers, he never needed to visit the Guildmaster in his own office, a place which one could almost considered sacred given it was used by that who owns the guild. However, it was more, er, comfortable than Udgirr had anticipated. Various felines rest almost everywhere within the room, giving color to the otherwise common office furniture. Even the plants somewhat seem out of place, lush green in a semi-enclosed room, at least personally for Udgirr's preferences. Still, Udgirr keeps seriousness and diverts his attention to the matter at hand. Who was he to judge? It was quite neat and cozy really, so there were no complaints here.

"Greetings, Guildmaster. Miss Gil here has asked to speak with you." Udgirr humbly explains. It appears also that another associate has been already in conversation with the Guildmaster. This fellow is who Udgirr believes to be Lilith. As stated, he never had to talk with the other members of the Guild, and he only knew of her trough occasional mention. She seems to be a formidable member, but Udgirr hasn't dabbled very much into combat or tactics to assume as such correctly. When Udgirr thought about it, they may or may not be Lilith at all, drawing the name only because he has heard of such a person.

As of current, Udgirr has no reason to stay and listen in on the matter, since a discussion with the Guildmaster is of such importance that a grunt such as him should preferably leave for the moment. However, as for the fact he is currently not preoccupied with a task, and to see if the Guildmaster would ask of him for anything or be dismissed, he chooses to stay his ground. One of the cats has attempted to snuggle with his shoe, and it took a lot of him to avoid picking it up and petting them.

Last edited:
Gil"Oh!" She gasped. "...My..."

She had thought herself prepared when Udgirr knocked on the door. But she had been expecting a dark and somber atmosphere. Perhaps an array of heretical tomes... or a sordid woman on his arm.... Even a monstrous abomination would have been closer to her expectations! The stray kittens wandering around? A little girl to his side?

The skeleton -- was he smiling? -- was moving his right arm strangely. Gil leaned forward to peer over the desk. Oh! He was petting a kitten!

The display was so contrary to anything she had anticipated that she suddenly burst out into laughter, so much laughter that her knees gave way and she had to grasp hold of the doorframe to stay upright.

"Ah! Haha! Ahahahaha! What..! You... Are you really the Guildmaster?"

Lilith saw two people enter. One of them was a member of the name, Ud-whatshisbutt. He never talked to her, never played to her. That made him unsympathetic in Lilith´s eyes. She sat there, quietly, next to Morkai, nomming on her funnel cake.

Then, a second person came in. Lilith didnt know that one. She was suspicious. But even then, Lilith stayed quiet. She wanted to be a good girl. The woman didnt make it any better however, when suddenly, she burst into laughter.

With her obviously making fun off Morkai, at least that was how Lilith understood it, the little wolfling started to grit her teeth, flash them at the woman and growl angrily, like a wolf ready to attack. If this woman would make more fun of her father, Lilith would tear her to shreds.

Vilhelm, Emma’s Tavern

Where in all hells is this bastard? I’ve already finished my entire damn meal...
The man sat by himself at a small rounded table, head propped up by one arm as the other tapped incessantly against the mahogany surface. With each strike of the finger, a metal spoon resting in a bowl shifted slightly, clinking gently against the edge. Tiny pieces of potatoes and some mysterious meat were stuck against the inside of the bowl, leftovers of whatever house stew was provided to him. He didn’t intend on getting food when he had stepped into the tavern but his stomach had began to betray him with some quiet rumblings shortly after he had settled down at the table. There was someone that was supposed to meet Vilhelm at this tavern, but the details were sparse. The morning of, he received a parchment from one of his allies with the location and some semblance of a time, if one could call it that.

Spider’s pub, noon.
As if it could be any more vague. It took Vilhelm a little bit of searching, but he had found this tavern shortly before noon. He couldn’t be sure if it was the right place, but with a literal spider-woman managing the pub, it was probably a fair guess. If it was wrong, well... then so be it. It wouldn’t be the end of the world if he didn’t get have the meeting. It was supposed to be an informant with some “juicy” gossip about a particular thieving criminal that he had been tracking for the last few days. The last time the thug had a run in with Vilhelm, it ended with a broken arm so he had most likely gone into hiding. Whether he got the location from the informant or one of his comrades, it really made no difference to him. All he cared about was getting the job done and getting his pay. Who would’ve thought that the leader of the Skadi tribe would become a mercenary? Certainly not Vilhelm.

The man glanced out the window, taking in all the foot traffic outside and the skies above. A band of soldiers had marched past like clockwork and it was a good indication he had been here for too long. This was the third group to be passing by and with a path that lasts about twenty minutes, he could guess it was about an hour past noon. With a quiet growl, Vilhelm reached into his pocket to pull out some coin for his food. He was done here. He pulled a few coins out of his plainclothes, an off white long sleeve cotton shirt with a tan leather vest still with a wolf fur collar, and set it onto the table. Just as he started to stand, a window on the opposite end of the tavern imploded towards a few of the tavern patrons, with a young boy flying through it and landing hard on the floor. The yelling spiderwoman hustled over to his side to give some aid, disappearing to a nearby room with the boy in her arms. The crowd quickly resumed the rowdy chatter, almost as if nothing had happened. Vilhelm stepped out of the tavern and was assaulted by the sunlight, taking a second to open his eyes after getting accustomed to the brightness. As he followed the corner of the shop to go towards the main city square, he could hear the spiderwoman piping up again.

“HOLY, KID, WHAT?!” came from one of the windows. Out of curiosity, Vilhelm slipped over to the window, with his back against the wall and kept listening. Sounds of the tavern and the street were drowning out a lot of the discussion, so he could only hear bits and pieces of what was happening.
“I am ... Bahamut... death... Rejoice...” he could make out, followed by the coughing fit.

Bahamut..? Where have I heard that before?

Noble Scion Noble Scion Birdsie Birdsie

"This little..."

Morkai's fists tensed up in flaring anger as the girl laughed at him like at a circus freak. He was trying to look approachable, but this was completely uncalled for!

Furthermore, with the corner of his eye, he spotted Lilith getting antsy. Though he would step in if she tried to harm the visitor, the fact itself was there to consider.

"How rude, laughing at the sight of a person..." he said in a disappointed voice. "Are you quite done yet?"
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof eldorado eldorado Computing Magus Computing Magus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back