• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes [IC]

GilHer hand grasped hold of the scroll as he returned it. As her fingers dented its hollow exterior, a deep breath exhaled from out her chest.

Before she realized it, she was smiling. "Oh, may Elnor restore you to some more seemly form, poor lich. I do not believe you will stay long as you are if you show this good treatment to all of Elnor's servants!"

The little kitten was to show her around? Gil hid her grin behind a hand. Well, then she would be graced with an endearing creature as well as this? She would have expressed her delight, too, had not some strange sound come bubbling up from somewhere within the lich's chest cavity. His contorted form caused her to recoil in disgust, praying quietly within her heart that she should not be stained by whatever strange ritual he now subjected them to.

Bending down, she grasped the little girl's hand and whispered: "Let's be going then, shall we?"

Lilith watched, but then tilted her head. Her father was so nice to the woman. Such a disrespectful person would be in the guild? But, at least she seemed to try and be nice, so the wolfling stopped her growling.

But then, Morkai hit her with the next hammer. Lilith was supposed to show her around? Lilith of all people? Well, not that she would deny, she was a good girl. Sorta. She did her best.

The woman seemed very... Happy? about the whole thing. She even grabbed Lilith´s hand and then asked if they were supposed to get going. The little wolfling reacted very confused. "Y-yeah?", she asked, trying to give an answer.

They left the office and Lilith gathered herself again. "I´ll show you around, but if you touch my ears or tail, i will kill you and consume your soul."

Quinsir Tetramaz
Mention: Computing Magus Computing Magus

Quinsir, not even looking at the green fellow straight in the eyes. Quinsir sat himself down next to the Hobgoblin. The short sighs he gives during the conversations were strange but it wasn't something worth noting and smell of his morning breath was polluting the air. He rested both elbows over the table. Grunts of stress have emerged from the man himself. Is he troubled or is he just not int the mood to talk?

"Listen, you hardly know her but she knows you. As well as everyone in the rest of this guild like she knows her ABC's. What makes you any different? Besides, she had a nickname for you, which i didn't bother what she named you. Seems like i did not tell you that she likes to meet other individuals other than myself. She's demanding, i know. She likes it when she gets to be with someone else." The man's grumbly low voice was really kept in a low volume. A typical detail of Quinsir when talking to another individual. He kept rubbing his temples, eyes and cheeks. A habit of his when the time of stress strikes.

"I could, if it wasn't for my back and head trying to murder me every passing second. Since you have other things to do might as well do it myself. Good day." Quinsir answered the later question. The man stood up from his with a sigh and lead himself slowly out off the Dining area, leaving the green man be. He didn't even prepared himself or even bothered to get dressed. He just went straight out.

"Also, if you're going to decline a request from me. Tell it to me straight, my friend. It's not that hard." Quinsir added before leaving the room himself.

Emma - Emma's Tavern
Swole spider woman.png

"Bar work. Working the till, serving drinks, collecting money, helping clean up. That sorta stuff. It'll help you build up that pitiful health of yours and aid you back to strength. If a window can cause you to be bedridden and coughing up blood, I'd hate to see what a mace'd do." the spider-woman said casually, as though she were simply describing the job and the dragonling's weakness with honesty rather than exaggeration. Her ending tone even sounding almost worried.

The silence below caused a bit of confusion, given how rowdy her bar generally was, a few words being barely audible, but the faint sound of chatter slowly returned, causing no more worry.

She turned back to the child. "Make up your mind soon if you will. I won't rush you, given that you are the son of bahamut, but right now I'm acting out of sympathy more than respect. I uphold the law, and you're essentially a fugitive. This is tough for me." She grumbled, raising a hand and rubbing her main eyes in exasperation, hoping she was making the correct decision in offering this job given that the kid seemed barely qualified to go to the local store, never mind help in a bar.

She walked back down to the bar to start helping once more, pondering just how well these paladins were equipped given the fact that they were containing the son of a legendary dragon, and assuming it must be well if they were capable of such a task. Thankfully, they were gone by the time she returned to the bar to aid her bar maiden that seemed slightly more worn and tired than usual. "Sorry 'bout that lass, I know it's not yer job to hold the counter, but you done well. I'll add a bit to your pay for that." she smiled, before returning back to her role at the counter and continuing on her day as though nothing had happened​

??? Bar maiden - Emma's Tavern
(With a small hood)
red-haired smoking woman.jpg
The bar maiden simply watched in a steely silence as the exchange of words went by between paladin and patron while the rest simply remained silent. She'd flinched in fear at the sight of a holy knight, but thankfully they hadn't paid much heed to her, however her body remained tense until they left.

The sizable figure that they'd announced had certainly piqued her interest, yet as usual, she said nothing and simply looked on with the rest, sending a few foul looks at the warriors sending threats, but making no move to stop them.

The sight of the tavern keep returning gladdened her as she slipped gracefully over the counter once more and continued what her job was supposed to be, the enticing sound of extra money on her pay check lifting her mood up, barely.
Octo Girl Octo Girl LostHaven LostHaven idalie idalie Birdsie Birdsie aceXstryker aceXstryker High Moon High Moon

Morkai de Mort - Fort Black > Cailgoown, Emma's Tavern

Morkai put his hands on the back of his skull, chuckling to himself like a mafia boss who just obtained a major extortion deal. Lilith left to show Gil around, and Gil - the annoying cleric herself - left to be shown the facilities. The definition of killing two birds with one stone.

"Now, then," Morkai said, drawing a tourist catalog of places in Cailgoown. He could teleport to Emma's Tavern from memory, yes, but it always invited an unwelcome risk. Instead, he looked at it in the catalogue, channeled the energy, and...

A flash of bright blue light spread through the tavern, alongside a loud 'pop' sound, and followed closely by a distinct change in air pressure. In the place where this interference occurred, stood a skeleton wreathed in black robes, his eyes burning with blue soulfire, and a mahogany staff in hand with a purple crystal mounted atop. The signature apparel of a lich. Despite looking extremely out of place, the rumored fear aura that surrounded liches wasn't present - perhaps the creature was restraining it on purpose?

The skeleton approached the counter, next to the spider-woman.

"Ah, Emma, how good it is to see you! I'll have a bottle of Crypt Ale, keep the change." He placed a gold coin before her; ridiculously over-paying, as a gallon of Crypt Ale cost five silver pieces, let alone a single flask.

"I've received the weirdest letter from the Clergy of Bahamut this morning... something about them wanting to send me a captured platinum dragon? Something about him being the son of Bahamut..."

A roar shook the tavern. Morkai shrugged, sipping his Crypt Ale and ignoring the roar on purpose.

"Weird stuff, right?"

Solarilannex - Cailgoown, Emma's Tavern > Bahamut Temple

"That weakness is because I'm still young. I'll become a great dragon in the future - mark my words..." Soon after, Emma left to tend to the tavern. Solarilannex grumpily covered himself in the blankets provided by her, then turned his back on her.

Once he heard the clattering of the door, he turned his head and saw the door was closed. Cautiously, the dragonling threw the sheets off of himself and sat at the bedside, clutching his still-aching head.

He looked at the food she had provided, enraptured by the water, or more correctly, its container. He poked the glass, then withdrew his finger like someone playing with fire. "Mortals use forcefields to contain water?... No, wait, it refracts light... It's almost like a precious gem..." He realized, in that moment, what he had done. It was not a forcefield, but a jewel that he broke. It was obvious she'd be mad.

His two natures argued, the draconic rage of pride and enmity telling him to ignore her mortal forcefield-crystals. He was a dragon, son of Bahamut, and should ignore her! But the benevolent platinum dragon he inherited from his father, the nurturing and caring all-father that provided those in suffering and pain with respite... told him otherwise.

"I hate myself," he grumbled, standing up and pushing the balcony doors apart. Doors, or rather gates, were one mechanism that he was familiar with.

His back sprouted wings, his hands hit the ground as talons spread from them, his mouth grew into a silvery snout, and his eyes became reptilian-red. He transformed into the form of a dragon and hit off from the balcony.

In moments, a roar shook the streets as the beast took to the skies, heading towards the nearby temple to reclaim the treasures that the clergy had confiscated from it.

People gasped in disbelief and paladins stared in apprehension.

"D-Dragon!"
Noble Scion Noble Scion Octo Girl Octo Girl LostHaven LostHaven idalie idalie Birdsie Birdsie aceXstryker aceXstryker High Moon High Moon

Auriel
Emma's Tavern | Noble Scion Noble Scion Octo Girl Octo Girl Birdsie Birdsie

Auriel jolted up from her table by a sound of opening doors, followed by three men in armor; paladins. She couldn't say she quite liked those people, especially as a large majority of them were likely self-righteous asses, and the three men certainly gave off that unsavory vibe. Furthermore, a paladin who did unspeakable things to 'non-believers' or 'heretics' were not unheard of. Finally, she doubted worshippers of the divine would not look down on her. The fallen angel largely ignored the words of the man whom she had assumed was the captain, though the giant sum of money had piqued her interest, somewhat.

However, a particular man spoke out with contempt toward the paladins, using a myriad of vulgar language. At that point, Auriel was attempting to maintain a blank face while simultaneously attempting to hold back her laughter. The almost melancholic tone the paladin captain spoke out in caused Auriel to feel a tiny sense of sympathy, though she still flipped off at the paladins' backs as they walked out.

"I don't like them. At all." She told Ashe, as she fiddled with two silver coins in her hand. "You might call it blind faith, and I really dislike that." Standing up, Auriel slowly made her way toward the bar maiden. "Just look where blind faith got me." She muttered annoyedly. As she approached the bar maiden, she placed the coins on the table in front of the maiden. "For the table. Keep the rest as a tip." She told the red-haired woman, who Auriel noted was somewhat worried about the holy-knights. Auriel began making her way slowly back to Ashe, until a massive roar sounded from above them. "The Guild can wait..." She told the girl before rushing toward the door and swinging it open, in time to witness a dragon soaring off into the sky.

"It's only lunchtime, and already this." She uttered quietly, deciding whether to chase the dragon. She ultimately decided to chase it, as two ebon black wings extended from her back and unsheathing her greatsword, she launched herself into the air, and began chasing the white dragon who seemed to match up with the description given by the paladins.

GilShe could not deny she was taken aback by the little beast's threat, but it was only in the same way that one may raise an eyebrow to a child threatening violence; not because the child herself was fearsome, but because the violent threat was not fitting for such a sweet-seeming age.
With scolding finger protruding, Gil knelt down once more. "Little one," she gently chided. "That is not kind, is it? Is it seemly? No..." She shook her head. "It would be better to ask, 'Could you please not touch my tail or my ears,' wouldn't it be? Could you try saying that instead?"
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

GilShe could not deny she was taken aback by the little beast's threat, but it was only in the same way that one may raise an eyebrow to a child threatening violence; not because the child herself was fearsome, but because the violent threat was not fitting for such a sweet-seeming age.
With scolding finger protruding, Gil knelt down once more. "Little one," she gently chided. "That is not kind, is it? Is it seemly? No..." She shook her head. "It would be better to ask, 'Could you please not touch my tail or my ears,' wouldn't it be? Could you try saying that instead?"
The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof
Lilith tilted her head in confusion. "You are trying to tell me what is seemly and kind, after laughing at my father right into his face and making fun of him?", she annoyedly inquired. "Please care for yourself before you try to tell others things.", she said, in the politest way she could. Then, she pointed to the blackboard. "There´s the blackboard, next to the reception, you were here before, i assume."

Faust Windfallow
Fort Black Front Reception | The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof eldorado eldorado

"Huh... I was expecting something else." Faust commented, boredness lining his somewhat disappointed tone. Shrugging, he turned away from the chef who had declined his offer for help, as he had seen another man walking toward them. The receptionist left without a second word, and walked down the opposite way the others were headed.

Faust began to channel excessive amounts of arcane energy into a teleportation spell, and in an instant, disappeared from the hall...

And appeared back at his reception...

Also flying backward, as the force from the excessive amounts of energy channeled into the spell had to find a way to expend itself. Faust crashed into his chair, which was taken along with the ride, finally slamming into a wall. The wooden splinters of what remained of his chair flew all over the reception area, and Faust found a splintered leg of the chair somehow sticking through his chest, having pierced him from behind. "Shit, I could've murdered myself there..." He commented, removing the large splinter of wood from his chest, leaving behind a gaping hole in his cloak. "Scheisse!" The lich cursed in some sort of foreign language, then proceeded to begin complaining about how clothes cost money, and that he hadn't gotten his cheque in almost three weeks. Mostly because a majority of his payment had been deducted due to property damage, and compensation for mental damages afflicted upon other guild members.

He stood up just in time to see two people approach the reception, one among them being the wolfling that called the guildmaster 'father', and the other a face Faust had never seen before. Upon seeing a new face, his urge to cause a scene began to burn, as he started brainstorming all sorts of ways to troll a new member. He noted Lilith point toward the blackboard that was next to his desk. "Yes, that is a beautiful blackboard, yeah? Please stop pointing at it, is there an issue with my blackboard? Also is this kid new? Why do I smell holy magic? This woman another one of those priests who go around screaming about how great their god is and shit when they don't even though they don't have fucking evidence that said god even exists? For the record, some fancy schmancy magic isn't a miracle, it's just fancy schmancy magic." He relentlessly questioned the wolfling, trying his best to mind his language in front of a child, though Faust wondered why he even bothered.

Mentions: Quinsir (( Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre ))

Udgirr finished feasting on his platter before Quinsir had finished, but understandably Quinsir has decided to do the task himself. Poor guy, maybe the hobogoblin should've just have to do the deed, didn't he? However, the chef left the room, and there was no indication on as to where they were headed. It would be a substantial waste of time to track them down now. There was no helping that, so Udgirr decided to attend to his own personal matters instead.

- o - o - o -
Now this was exciting. The branches and twigs that collide with him were to thin to even slow him down, barely snagging on his clothes or scratching his skin, and instead basically fan him as he darts from branch to branch, one slanted trunk to another with miraculous leaps. Of course, this was no simple feat if one lacked a tool to help them stay afoot on the thin, far-spread footholds that were the limbs of each tree. As for Udgirr, this meant that he had the assistance of the breath of Mother Nature to sustain him, keeping up in the air for an unrealistic duration at a time, and redirecting himself if need be, if the next branch was some too few feet away.

This went on for give or take some twenty minutes. This felt so fervently calming, as the breeze brings you to your destination, spiraling around you. One could almost sleep if they wished to. However, now was not the time. This was the last perennial tree before there was no more, and as he vaults away from it, he lands gracefully on two feet, no shock from the impact towards the ground. Indeed, there it was, just a spring away; Bowerstone, the nearest, safest city anyone could ever ask for. This was Udgirr's preferred form of travel. Faster, personally, as the trees blur and mesh when he soared across them. Enough about tree leaping, it was time to return to the matter at hand.

Udgirr enters Bowerstone without much attention drawn into him, as he walks along the streets to find the marketplace. There it was, and he was in luck. It didn't appear to be just as crowded as before. No haggles and struggles. The hobgoblin browses in deep thought, currently staring at various sewing materials. Yup, this muscular hobgoblin is scouring for stitching paraphernalia like a grandma. Pointed needles, yards of fabric, colorful thread, Udgirr bought many. Probably enough to create his own hut, for those who know him.

Udgirr finally treks down, after about an hour of procuring the needs. The hobgoblin stares at the Bowerstone's one and only school, just a distance away, easy to see the children play on an open field, and the windows stained in some dye of sorts, void of its original use. Udgirr wondered if Quinsir has managed to pick up his sister yet.

Laine Tetramaz

Through the schoolyards greens filled with happy little children playing here and there. A lone little girl stood out among the rest. She sits besides a large shady tree, protecting her from the sun's rays while leaves drop on her face. This child happily hums a unfamiliar tune while the other children played. This little blonde girl in red is Quinsir's little sister, Laine Tetramaz. The small girl scanned her surroundings looking for a specific figure that she has been waiting for. She had this unchanging smile on her face, as if excited as she waits patiently.

"Mr. Ugh-gir!!! I'm so glad to see you!" Just like that. The girl's face bursts with excitement and glee upon laying eyes on the specific green skinned individual whom was in sight. Obviously, she is familiar with this character. With a cheerful and playful voice. Laine charged towards them at full speed with her arms wide open for a hug. As soon as she came close enough to touch him, instead of hugging him directly. She hugged him by his right leg, like a clingy animal with a grip of similar to a bear trap. She looked up to the Hobgoblin with a delighted smile on her face, followed by a high squeaky giggle.

"You came! I'm so happy!" The little girl cried in excitement. She proceeds to slowly climb the green clad hero with her little arms and legs. She seems to be carrying a piece of paper on her hand. It seems to be a writing or drawing of sorts.

"Oh, looks like you beat me to her." A familiar voice emerged from behind Udgirr. If they turn around they can see Quinsir. Slowly walking towards them with a slouched body and tilted. He seems to be really tired and the fact that he walks so slow and strange. He might have been somewhere before he arrived.

Ain Watlane
Fort Black Front Reception LostHaven LostHaven eldorado eldorado The Fluffiest Floof The Fluffiest Floof

62bd459ae95a04d5918eb5323011d1e7.jpg

It was a typical day for Ain, wake up, stroll around the town, greet the old ladies that came to talk to him and occasionally hear about his feats and accomplishments. Yet Ain didn't take pride in any of it, other than the part he was able to pass down his knowledge to younger adventurers, that and the fact that he was able to become strong without losing his humanity- well, at least not yet. Anyway, while Ain kept on his poker face with that gentle and welcoming smile, deep down, all he thought about was HIM, Ain found that encounter hard to forget, because it was what made his name to be heard around the capital, "The one who slew the God of Nothingness". Bystanders found it a heroic battle that shook the earth, others saw it as one of the greatest battles adventurers had ever fought. But Ain? Ain found it the most bizarre and terrifying encounter in is life.

Anyway, Ain always brushed that thought off and decided that it was but the past and nothing more. He made his way through the crowd and was headed to the guild, Ain found himself at peace in there, because the guild wasn't only a means to an end, but it was Ain's home, he had so many memories in there ever since he was a child, how he always annoyed Faust and how he tried to sneak up on the Guildmaster, Morkai- but he always failed. Only remembering made Ain smile, he opened the main door and entered the reception, he saw Faust, covered in black and wearing the same old mask, he also saw a young girl and female walking around the reception. Ain shrugged it off and simply walked his way to Faust. "Hey Faust, spooky as usual I see." Said Ain with a chuckle as he leaned in the bar, resting his head on his left fist, it was obvious that Ain already felt at ease. "Ah! That reminds me!" Ain spoke before Faust could greet him and pulled out a book from his from his small bag and handed over to Faust with a gentle smile. "I'm sure you'll enjoy this, I bought it this morning. It's about Liches and other supernatural creatures!" Said Ain before sighing. "It's so hard to find books for you, literally, nothing interests you." Ain mumbled quietly after looking at Faust, waiting to hear what he had to say this time.

Emma - Emma's Tavern
Swole spider woman.png

Emma had just begun a particularly enthralling conversation with one of her patrons when a blindling light and a resounding sound echoed throughout her tavern. She knew the sound well, and knew exactly who and what it was. Their sudden appearance resulted in some of the more drunken members of the building dropping their beers at the sudden appearance.

"MORKAI, I TOLD YA TO NOT DO THAT IN ME TAVERN" She yelled angrily at him, leaning around the confused and gruff man she'd been chatting with and frowning at the mage with noticeable annoyance, yet without any particular malice or aggression, almost like she were scolding a child.

folded arms and slits for eyes, Emma grumpily filling up a large glass with the requested crypt ale before sliding it over the counter and cooping up the coins. Despite her annoyance, she didn't seem too upset.

"I told you to do it outside, my maid's gettin' tired of cleaning up the messes it causes, but 'cause your a recurring customer an' you pay well, I'll let you away with it." Emma frowned, placing the coins into the till for later and nodding to the vampire-maid to go clean up the mess.

Right as she was about to return to the happy little conversation about how most goblins didn't seem to have as much of a work ethic as other races, a large roar caught her attention, as it did for everyone else.

"Pardon me." She said quickly with an apologetic bow, before sprinting up the stairs once more with finesse that didn't seem to fit her large size, and landed on the balcony of the now-empty room that had until recently contained a rather bratty child.

"KID, YOU'RE AN IDIOT" she yelled with a much more genuine anger, yet in those seemingly rage-filled words, there was a lacing of worry and fear for the child. Yet whether her words were caught by the dragon, or simply fell flat, the expression was there.​

??? Bar maiden - Emma's Tavern
(With a small hood)
red-haired smoking woman.jpg
With a heavy sigh and a lack of enthusiasm, the bar maiden trudged to the spilled drinks and cleaned them up one-by-one due to the aftermath of the undead's appearance, giving them a foul look before returning to the counter as the tavernkeep left her to fend for the bar once more in response to the roar.

If she had allowed herself to speak, the words she would have uttered would not have been pleasant to the ears of those around at all, but thankfully, she did not, and instead simply pulled her hood down a little lower and set back to filling the requests of any patrons that desired a drink.
Octo Girl Octo Girl LostHaven LostHaven idalie idalie Birdsie Birdsie aceXstryker aceXstryker High Moon High Moon

Mentions: Laine, Quinsir (( Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre ))

Astonishing, it was just as Quinsir stated; the kid really does know him, albeit not entirely getting his name correct. Now that he actually needed to pay attention, she was much shorter than he keeps remembering her to be. She attempts to climb up his comparatively long legs, but he picks her up by the scruff of her dress to keep her on the ground.

"Good seeing you little one, I assume you are to go home now, correct?" Udgirr asks the child. He had no idea how to handle children. They were excitable little humans who seemed to laugh at every single motion the world does. Huh, why don't humans keep such cheerful personalities when they grow older? Actually, maybe they do, remembering one particular new member's outburst not too long ago today. Quinsir arrives, much more haggard looking than he was at the guild.

"Oh, Quinsir, you're little one is here. Shall we head back together to the guild? I'm done with my errands today, so I might as well accompany both of you." Udgirr asks the chef. He shifts his materials in his pack as he waits for an answer, as well as idly checking anything he might have dropped.

Morkai de Mort / Solarilannex - Emma's Tavern

To think that Morkai's crystal ball told him that today would be an auspicious day.

The lich sighed wearily, gulping down his ale to halfway there then sliding it across the table to a petrified patron, who seemed hesitant to accept the gift. Morkai followed Emma upstairs, sensing that the day needed saving.

Morkai stood beside her on the balcony, watching the dragon take off. Morkai hit her with his elbow, then said, "Come on! We have to catch that little guy before he wrecks the temple."

The lich ran forward, twirling his staff as he incanted, and jumping onto the railing of the balcony and using it as a boost to hit himself off forward as his robe began to flutter in a flight spell. The casting was immaculate, smooth, and fast - the signs of academic prowess and clarity of spellwork that only an archmage could have.

---​

The platinum menace soared through the skies, followed by what looked like an angel and a lich, who were clearly trying to catch up to it. Was this an attack?

The paladins stood on the walls of the temple, a single row of men-at-arms supported by several knights. The Paladin Captain looked at the dragon, praying it would slow down and not force them to do something unnecessary. He went up the ladder to the wall, then yelled, his voice carried by the winds of magic, "Stop! Halt at once, or we will open fire!"

"Fire, he says! Then open it, show me the fire you have and I will show you the fire of a dragon!" Solarilannex replied with bloodlust, excited thrumming in his voice. His white-scaled throat began to glow red like a bulge of burning gasoline, as he prepared to unleash his power.

The captain clicked his tongue, and snapped his head in the direction of his men. "He's going in for a strafing run! Knights, erect a barrier - anyone else who can carry a bow, prepare to fire at my mark!"

Some of the men hesitated. The followers of Bahamut would obviously be hesitant to fire toward a dragon, let alone the son of the one they worship. But ultimately, they obeyed the order, having no other choice. Soon, a blue-gold barrier sprung up around the wall, coating it and everyone on it in its protection.

Solarilannex slew down, hovering in mid-air in front of the temple as he unleashed his breath when he was in range, but it veered off of the barrier. Some of the onlookers on the streets ran, while others soiled their pants. The dragon might not have been a big one, not as imposing as the ancient wyrms who walked the earth for a thousand years, but it was still a dangerous force of nature running wild in their city.

The paladin captain raised his hand, preparing to give the order. "At my mark... aim... draw..."

Noble Scion Noble Scion LostHaven LostHaven

Last edited:
Auriel
Chasing Some Dragon | Birdsie Birdsie

Auriel followed behind the white dragon, keeping a reasonable distance from it, as becoming a dragon's lunch wasn't exactly very high up on her 'bucket list'. In fact, it was nowhere on it at all. She paused as the dragon approached the paladin temple, and decided to stay at least fifty meters away from what she presumed would soon be a bloodbath, though a measly fifty meters wasn't exactly 'safe' in the eyes of onlookers of a weaker and more fragile race. "Didn't these paladins worship some massive white dragon?" Auriel muttered quietly in confusion, baffled as to why the Paladins were trying to kill a dragon that had an uncanny resemblance to the divine dragon Bahamut. Perhaps it was the other way around, and the dragon was trying to murder the paladins, who were acting in self-defense? Either way, Auriel didn't really care for the paladins. If anything, she was looking for an excuse to beat a couple up.

She watched silently as the dragon unleashed his breath, repelled effortlessly by a barrier that the paladins had put up, who were quickly preparing a counterattack. "I should probably help the dragon?" She asked nobody in particular."
"You're drunk, go home."
"Shut up, I don't take orders from a tentacle monster."
"Eldritch horror, actually."

The paladin captain gave the order to aim, then draw. A hail of arrows came flying out at the dragon, and Auriel sprung into action, out of impulse over reason. She appeared in front Solaris, greatsword unsheathed and slashed into the air, holding the oddly-shaped sword tightly with both hands. A ring of pitch-black energy flew from the blade and into their air, slashing through a large majority of arrows that had been headed toward the dragon and her. The arrows that were sliced by the ring of energy did not split as one would expect, however. They simply continued falling, but as they did, one would notice the arrows dissipating into nothingness, and by the time they would have connected with a target, they had already disappeared, as if erased from existence.

"Void magic should be used to obliterate living flesh, not saving some lesser creature of the material plane." Her familiar complained inside her head.
"Shut up." Auriel replied out loud, ordering the creature to be silent.
"You know they can't hear me?"
"Yes, I know."
"You sound like a drunken lunatic."
"Shut up."

Ashe/ Following Auriel who just started flying
LostHaven LostHaven Birdsie Birdsie

Ashe had been following behind on the ground close behind. She had turned her sword into the spell-book and was now levitating and gaining fast towards them. Ashe saw the volley of arrows heading straight for her mentor and the dragon. "Who do you think she is..." She then saw the arrows dissipating from Auriels slash. "That answers that question Dumpling... Lets do it..." She said as she came to a skidding halt under where the arrows were dissapearing.

Ashe put her hands out in front of her as Dumpling looked more uneasy than usual in his cage as it floated around Ashes head. The spellbook floated around Ashe until it flipped open in front of her. Ashe held her hands out as purple smog came out of her fingertips. Ashe closed her eyes as the spellbook flipped through pages. As soon as it stopped the smog had reached the ground and surrounded Ashes feet.

Ashe snapped open her eyes and they were filled with purple light. "Ghu'l Misa!" She yelled as multiple missiles of void essence flew from her palms and flew out straight towards the paladins. After what seemed to be half a minute Ashe finally stopped the barrage and fell feet first on the ground a bit dazed. "Okay... that felt weird..." She said to dumpling as she caught the cage and reattached it to her belt. "Welp... time to get you recharged Dumpling..." She said as she brought the sword back out.

Emma - Emma's Tavern > Paladin temple
Swole spider woman.png
Emma, unlike the others that also seemed to be chasing the dragon, did not have any good methods of travel aside from running particularly fast, but this scenario dictated that it would not be enough, and so, the spider-knight simply jumped out the window from the second floor, landed with a loud thump, quickly rented a horse from a nearby vendor, and hooved it in the direction of chaos.

Emma was considering taking back her offer after he so rudely left her protection and flew, quite literally, straight back into danger. How one could be so terrified of the enemy, then charge straight for them soon after, Emma did not know. She had done it before, yes, but she knew her strength as clear as day. This child knew not of the damage he had taken, especially considering her didn't even know what 'glass' was.

Her arrival was met with fire and archers, neither of which she had been expecting today, yet neither really surprised her

"I AM EX-CAPTAIN OF THE GUARD EMMA THE SIX-THOUSANDTH, FOUR-HUNDREDTH AND NINETY-THIRD, AND IF ANY OF YOU STRIKE AGAIN, I WILL PERSONALLY UPTURN THIS TEMPLE AND DRIVE IT INTO YOUR FACES" she shouted with a threat filled with so much presence and authority that it would've given the lord of the kingdom a run for his money. Her voice did not shake nor stutter, and the blaze of such forceful dominance in her eyes made it quite clear that she was not bluffing.

"I have done crazier things, paladins, and if you couldn't even contain a adolescent dragon, I'm sure I could take you on without any armour needed." she growled, before turning her attention to the young Solarilannex and his two new companions. "YOU, QUIT YOUR INANE SPREADING OF CHAOS IN MY CITY, AND YOUR TWO FRIENDS AS WELL" she continued fuming, folding her arms and continuing her rant. She had spent years working for this place, and she was going to be damned if it were threatened while she still lived.

She cared for the child, she truly did, yet her dream home was not going to be tarnished in the name of gods, dragons, or simple good-will.

"I'm getting too old for this..."
Birdsie Birdsie LostHaven LostHaven Octo Girl Octo Girl

Last edited:
The Tetramaz Siblings

Quinsir, the exhausted working man had arrived to the scene with heavy eyelids. It seems that Udgirr had beaten him to his sister which he didn't seem to mind. Slowly approaching the green clad fellow. He stopped in front of the two, staring into them with his half opened eyes. One may think he took some booze on his way there but no scent of alcohol was present.

"You kinda surprised me that you actually did it in the end. Anyways, we can go back now." He said with a slow and deep tone of voice. He looked down to his resilient little sister, who was still trying climb up Udgirr's leg despite the clear fact that Udgirr isn't comfortable of getting climbed on. Quinsir hardly kept his eye contact with the Hobgoblin. He doesn't seem to have anything else to say at the moment.

Laine, the clingy happy child. kept on reattaching herself to the large green man's leg until Quinsir arrived. She simply nodded, answering "Yes" to the Hobgoblin. It's no surprise that Laine is very playful to others.

"Mr. Ugh-girr! I want to tell about how i like to go to school! Teacher is so nice! And my friends are so- My big brother is here! Yay!" Laine's blabbering lips stopped upon seeing her older brother walking towards them. The smile on her face widened as she ran towards her haggard brother and climbed on to him, similar to how she did it with Udgirr. Her brother doesn't seem to mind as she climbs up all the way up to his nape and just chilled on top of them like a piggy back ride. Although Quinsir seems a bit wobbly on his balance but it seems like he can manage, clearly.

"Come on Laine, let's go home." Quinsir traveled back and retraced his steps that will lead back to the guild. It's gonna be a short trip but a conversation can be made along the way.

Solarilannex - Temple of Bahamut

The arrows gave him pause. The dragon-boy used his wings to shield himself - a mistake, akin to using one's forearms to shield oneself from a knife. The scaly tissue on his wings was too young and soft, the projectiles piercing through and causing the headache to return to him.

He felt his energies sizzling out, access to his draconic core becoming blocked in his dantian pathway like a rag barring fluid in a bottleneck.

The dragon made an emergency landing on the wall with his barely-functioning wings, turning into the form of a young boy. His wounds were reflected in the form of small abrasions and cuts on his arms and hands, but his expression, though dizzy and wiggly, gave the impression he was ready for more.

As a pair of paladins, one behind him and one in front of him, went for the tackle, they got a surprise of their lives. A lethal barrage of purple smoke, negatively-attuned - the void element - hit their brigade. Several paladins fell down into the interior side of the wall, like puppets whose strings had been cut, including, luckily, those surrounding Solaris.

The dragon took his chance and jumped off the wall, manifesting his wings mid-fall just to flap them once to slow his descent to a safe and acceptable velocity, before hitting the ground with a thud.

He ran in the direction of the treasury, ignoring the people behind him as if they didn't exit.

"Hey, he's making a run for it!" one of the men said, raising his bow, only to be kicked in the back of his knee by the paladin captain, making him fall.

The paladin captain then yelled, "Do not fire!... Let him go." They were surrounded, he knew, by enemies. That woman took out half the battalion with void magic, and that thing floating by them was a lich. Worst of all, the famed heroine Emma was here, and was trying to control the situation.

Morkai de Mort - Temple of Bahamut

As Solaris headed for the temple's treasury, a skeleton in black robes hit the ground in front of him, terminating the flight spell. "Kid, whatever you're doing, stop right there. We can't have you running around and--"

"Move!" Solaris yelled, charging with the ferocity of a mountain lion and punching.

Morkai put his staff forward, forming a very slim, circular yellow energy shield in the air, and blocking the boy's fist. Cracks spread through the energy shield at the point of impact, as well as small glitching pixels of white moving about.

The boy did not yield, punching again, twice, thrice, and on the fourth punch he put in double the effort and broke through, sending the lich flying through the air. Morkai propelled himself toward the ground, dragging his feet across the stones.

"I cast Sleep!" he declared, moving his staff forward. Light, dark-pink gas came out from his staff and enveloped the dragon boy's face, particularly the areas near his noes, glittering with a silver sheen in some places.

Solaris' eyes went unfocused for a moment, the eyelids wavering and moving closer, then widening, going fully open, before tightening again, and so on. Meanwhile, his head waggled back and fro in circles as he lost his balance in a surge of dizziness.

But his magic resistance kicked in, bringing him to instant sobriety. Solaris growled, ran forward and spun around upon jumping, and delivered a crescent scything kick with his left foot's heel, straight to Morkai's upper chest.

The skeleton fell into disarray upon the delivery of impact, collapsing into bones. His skull watched the boy fearfully, as Solaris picked up the skull like a soccer ball and kicked it toward the wall, before running off again.

Morkai's skull landed next to the commotion of paladins, and instantly, a group of pigeons landed all around him and began to peck him disdainfully. "Go away! Shoo! Shoo! Away, stupid birds!" the lich said, to no avail, as one of the pigeons pitter-pattered close to him, hopped up on top of him, and relaxed his bottom. The pigeon prepared to drop his payload straight onto Morkai's innocent eye socket.

LostHaven LostHaven Octo Girl Octo Girl Noble Scion Noble Scion

Mentions: Tetramaz Siblings (( Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre ))

The due make their way out, with Quinsir bringing their sister home from another day of school. A humble upbringing, these two as well. They're just so calm to watch and perceive. Udgirr follows them out when he registers that they were already some feet apart. He walks beside Quinsir all the way to the outside of Bowerstone, back to the Guild to continue on their day. Udgirr had plenty of pelts to manage, as he still holds most of his purchase in a sack with one hand.

For the moment, he had two others with him so he cannot travel through trees as that would leave both behind, and just asking them to jump from off of various trees would not be easy for himself and the two siblings. He hails a nearby carriage to return them to the Guild, and hope that they return quickly. Not a moment to lose.

- o - o - o -​

As of the moment, they should be about some ten minutes to arrive at the Guild. After watching the streets and meadows through the open window of their carriage, Udgirr believes he could get used to this, but this was of no free service, so indeed choosing to spring off trees would be quite budget friendly.

Kaze Tsunekitami
Interactions: Birdsie Birdsie
Nearby: Birdsie Birdsie LostHaven LostHaven Noble Scion Noble Scion Octo Girl Octo Girl

Kaze was wandering around the streets of Bowerstone whistling to himself out of boredom. He had been kicked out of three taverns for being a Beastinari, so Kaze was merely looking for some place where he wouldn't cause trouble off of race alone. It wasn't a big deal, but when the fox saw a dragon fly across the sky and a bunch of paladins running after it, followed by two flying...people? He really wondered what was going on.

Kaze ran along where the paladins opened fire on the dragon and someone shot void mist at them. "Master Kaze, I don't like the feeling of this magic...it feels...wrong." Nenema's voice echoed in Kaze's head. Kaze reasurred his old friend he would be cautious and then walked into a temple the dragon had entered. Once the door opened a skull came flying out and pigeons began landing on it. To the skull's dismay a pigeon dumped right in its eye socket. Kaze chuckled at the scene and picked the skull up and began tilting it and patting it as if one was trying to burp a baby, but harder. A fair chunk of the white gooey pigeon crap came out and landed on the ground.

Kaze held the skull up to his face which had talked despite being void of flesh and a body and said to it with a grin, "I bet you didn't see that one coming. So...what in the name of the gods is a dragon doing rampaging around like this, and where's you're body Mr. Skull?" Kaze walked back into the temple and closed the door. He then pulled out a talisman and placed it on the rims of the door. In a moment, a greenish blue flash shot across the door and Kaze kicked it. The door didn't budge. Said door would only move now if a significant force rammed it open. "Now then, that should stall the chaos outside. Is your body in here? I'll re-attach it."

Morkai de Mort - Temple of Bahamut

Morkai, should he have still possessed a stomach, would have vomited when the disgusting flying rat dropped a white dookie down his right eye socket. And then, someone picked his skull up and shook the waste matter out of his eye socket.

Morkai displayed his thanks in the only way a skeleton could emote, saying, "Ah, to think there is still a gentleman willing to help out a helpless skeleton in this world! Thank you, good sir. Yes, that dragon is a demigod and he wants to retrieve his treasures which the temple confiscated, I believe. My body is right that way, in the middle of the plaza. Please, reconnect me to my spine, attach my clavicle to it, then attach my scapula and the rest of my hand. I shall take my reassembly from there."

After that, the lich's teeth clamped together in a wicked grin, as he cackled in a vengeful tonation. "I must deliver a ruthless spanking to that snot-nosed brat and teach him how to treat his elders post-haste! My head is not a soccerball! And after that, my eyesocket will need a good rinsing... yes..."

At the end, he lost his ferocity and instead became somewhat embarrassed and disgusted, shuddering lightly.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf LostHaven LostHaven Noble Scion Noble Scion Octo Girl Octo Girl

Kaze Tsunekitami
Interactions: Birdsie Birdsie
Nearby: Birdsie Birdsie LostHaven LostHaven Noble Scion Noble Scion Octo Girl Octo Girl

"Yeah, got it. A reassembly and rinse," Kaze said pulling out a blue talisman with a character from his homeland on it. The talisman glowed and the markings removed to bring forth an octopus creature with a stubby tube mouth under its two eyes. Kaze stared at it for about five seconds then the creature stretched its arms and picked up the requested parts from across the plaza. Once it had done so it wrapped its tentacles around the skull and used its mouth to shoot a jet stream of water into its eye sockets.

The blue octopedal creature then reattatched the skeleton's head to its spine. The clavicle and scapula were reassembled swiftly and placed the appendage back where it belonged. Once that was done the octopus shrank in size and floated around to Kaze's shoulder. "Regarding a spanking though, I could use Calamari to force the dragon to bend over and your hand can do whatever it pleases to the dragon's behind for as long as you wish."

Kaze looked around for the dragon briefly, but since the shiny white lizard was no where to be found Kaze began walking off to the direction where it was last seen. Although he was starting to wonder why there was nothing slamming on the door at the moment. His attention turned to the door, but he shrugged and continued walking. Maybe the Paladins had a secret entrance for all he knew.

Auriel
Paladin Temple | Birdsie Birdsie Octo Girl Octo Girl

Auriel looked on silently as the white dragon blocked the barrage of arrows with his own wings, sustaining heavy damage in the process. She then wondered if she should have blocked the arrows for Solaris too, and not just herself. Using her wings, Auriel launched herself onto the battlements.

Auriel walked slowly through the mist, noticing a large amount of Paladins who had been incapacitated by the mist. She knelt over an unconscious paladin, and inspected him. ''They'll probably die if they stay in the mist...'' She commented. As she did so, the barely conscious paladin had mamaged to get his hands on a dagger, and made a laughable attempt at Auriel. She hadn't quite anticipated that the Paladin was still conscious to some degree, and the poor excuse for an attack lightly nicked her on the left cheek. The attack angered Auriel nontheless, and in retaliation, she drew her greatsword and plunged it into the poor man's chest. The indescribable pain of a sword thrust through his chest, and the blight that had begun spreading from his wounded flesh caused the paladin to scream in horror. Auriel withdrew the blade, and left his terrible affliction finish the man off, walking away with a blank face, while maddened screams of unimaginable torment echoed down the hall.

The paladin captain and the soldier he had kicked would probably notice the mist around them grow denser, and an alarming sound of metal clanking against the floor. They had likely heard the screams of a fellow paladin too- whatever was approaching was clearly not the friendly sort.

The silhouette of a winged humanoid in armor soon emerged from the mist, which seemed to be dancing around the figure and the massive sword that it held. ''Paladin'' she uttered out bitterly. She wanted to massacre them right there, but an annoying voice in her head kept telling her to go home because she was drunk...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back