• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Guild of Heroes: Eye of the Storm

1610584700235.png
Fáidh Ceangailte Aigéan

Fáidh continued to inspect the hound as Marie responded, judging by the way she spoke and the way the beast was disfigured it was no exaggeration to say this girl wielded enhanced strength. But the question remained, was enhanced strength her grace or did she naturally wield such monstrous strength. Either way, the beast had been felled in one motion and although it was a weaker creature such a thing could not be overlooked. What exactly would have happened to that boy from yesterday if Fáidh hadn't stopped her? After a short prayer, Fáidh rose to her feet and greeted Kidd, shaking his hand after Marie had done the same "Fáidh, it's a pleasure to meet you. School can be difficult if you need any tutoring do not be afraid to ask for my assistance. The god of knowledge wishes to enlighten all and I'm her humble servant." Following her offer, Fáidh smiled softly at the man before retracting her hand. He seemed like a well-mannered man, with a pretty face and well-sculpted body. If he hadn't been schooled before now his physical abilities must have been what merited his admittance to the class. Interesting.

Fáidh was about to ask Kidd his name when a sudden aura made her skin crawl, turning with great speed, Fáidh slammed her spear base against the floor and a loud echoing thump resonated through the hall, like thunder it roared and bounced. The aura in question was being released from a battle-ready Marie and the foe she had set her eyes upon was no other than the abyssal abomination known as Shugon Ragsdale. With Marie's emittance of Abyssal energies and Shugon Ragsdale close proximity, Fáidh was on full guard. Her spear remained upright but her body was poised to move with a seconds notice, her face stone cold and eyes filled with disgust. Ignoring Shugon Fáidh responded only to Marie, her voice seeping with venom "The abyssal abomination: Shugon Ragsdale. That is who and what 'it' is. A creature raised from the depths, dressed up to look like a human and given a job by Zao. A disgrace to our nation and a stain on Zao's good name, that is what this thing is! But tell me now and quick, what are you Maravetia?"
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade

Shugon Ragsdale
Zao's office. Interactions: Uasal Uasal Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Mentions: Other present students.
5ede53da2f36b6b326d4c0adfd6762c7.jpg

The professor had begun to blithely close the distance between him and the students. He noticed too late that one of the students, Maravetia, had a violent reaction. It had caught the aged octopus by surprise. Such a display of obliviousness is rare for him. Subconsciously Shugon assumed that this was the result of his time here at the academy, it blunted him, took the edge off, and made him comfortable. That will not happen again, he internally proclaimed. The sight of Maravetia's tensed body and fear-plagued eyes made the tentacles who were once so full of fervor, drop-dead instantly and became lifeless as they drooped over the suit. His shoulders slouched, the cephalopod anguished that his appearance alone had managed to stir the trauma of a student. It jettisoned his mind back to an older time. When young Shugon was just barely over the one-hundred-year threshold. He met a man that had been stricken with this similar sickness upon his soul. At the time, the sea-dweller was ignorant and callous to the world around him. He did not truly grasp what it meant for one to suffer as that man had suffered, so he mocked the man for an apparent weakness. Looking back that was quite foolish of himself. The professor wished to introduce himself albeit in a lower voice as to not startle the already alerted Maravetia.

"I'm--" Not one word in and another person decided to rudely interrupt him. It was that paladin student. The toxic words that leaked from her mouth narrowed Shugon's dark eyes towards her. Not with hatred but of disappointment. When the little miss had concluded her spiel about him, she turned her word daggers towards Maravetia. She too had noticed the abyssal that emanated from Maravetia when she was frightened. That reinvigorated the Cthuloid's tentacles, they began to coil each other like snakes in a death-ball then froze when he counted to ten. "I am Shugon Ragsdale, professor and marine biologist at this Academy." The octopus stated plainly without even a shift in his tone. "If you, Miss Fáidh, wish to demean me then go ahead. Speak ill of me and the content of my character as if I wasn't even here, I do not care for such petty things. But do switch your focus on me and not the innocent here. Your devotion to the paladin code is admirable but as with any belief, do try not to become a dogmatic fanatic." The professor then turned to Marie. "Miss Maravetia." The octopus bowed his head, tentacles dangled for a brief moment before he looked at her again. "I apologize. Dearly. For any grief that my appearance had caused you." A fine day two, the octopus thought to himself.

Eberron
arcane-gunslinger.jpg

The Artificer looked on in disgust at the Paladin, his patron's grace shrouding him from everyone's view as he listened to the young woman speak with such vitriol before turning her attention on the Sea Dog. He was about to speak up, and teach this zealot a lesson in humility, when the Cthuloid spoke up. Once the Professor was finished with his small speech, Eberron decided now would be a good time to chastise the paladin and make his presence known.

Removing a spent casing from one of the pouches on his belt, he flicked the piece of brass and steel towards Fáidh. There was a Soft ka-tink as the casing impacted and deflected off the woman's armour, before settling at her feet. "How very typical of your kind. Always first to jump to conclusions before ever trying to gain any information on the subject. It isn't human, and therefore must be an abomination and deserving of your scorn? But I suppose that is the case for most of your kind. [Whispered Secrets Grace Activated] And correct me if I am wrong, but were you not to endeavor to become the First Seafaring Paladin? And after trying so hard to convince your pope to allow it. If so, you are off to a marvelous start, insulting a teacher due to his Abyssal nature. It's not like he has the power to fail you and utterly destroy such aspirations for you and your church." He said mockingly, going so far as to even use another one of the gifts his own patron has bestowed upon him to further chastise and possibly demoralize her.

Disengaging his cloak, the shadows and mind muffling effects faded away, revealing the Inventor and his little golem, standing beside the professor. "I suggest you apologize to Professor Ragsdale Paladin." He added in full view of the group.

"Can I shoot her father?" The little adorable golem asked, her twin rotary guns spinning up and aimed at Fáidh.

"Sadly, that is up to the professor little one."

Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Uasal Uasal Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade

1610646191807.png
Fáidh Ceangailte Aigéan
Fáidh's disgust with the situation only grew that much more intense when the professor spoke directly to her, the ordeal made her sick to her stomach and the only think that held her spear grounded was the fact any action against the man was strictly forbidden by the emperor himself. Was the creature stronger than Fáidh? Undoubtidly but still it would have been nice to even so much as scratch his monsterous appreance given the opputunity. Gripping her spear tightly and not budging from her position Fáidh once again ignored the professor and continued to stare daggers at Marie as she awaited a responce from the girl.

That was until a brass casing bounced off her chest and drew her attention to the floor where it landed. The casing was then accompanied by verbal mockery that seemed to be delivered from both everywhere and no where at the one time. But something wasn't right about it, something aside from the obvious lack of source. Ah yes... of course that was what was so off about it yet another dark magic was seeping into the air around the office. A dark magic that was neither infernal nor abyssal in nature, something far more twisted and ancient. When the verbal onslaught had stopped and the source had reveiled itself Fáidh's eyes narrowed and with a swift movement of her foot she sent the casing hurtling past the sources face, planting it firmly in the wall a few meters behind him. " 'it' will not recieve an appology from me. 'it' is an abomination and has been a target of the church for decades. Due to diplomatic reasons I'm unable to act against this 'thing' and likewise nor is 'it' able to act against myself. Also if you must know I do have those aspirations and I will see them come true by my merit alone. In fact knowing what I know now my path and why I was put on it has been made all the clearer."

Turning back to face the door to Zao's office Fáidh eased her grip upon her spear.She retained her cold facial expression and her voice changed from venomous to a matching cold "I was infromed I'd be in close proximity with only one montrosity, I offer my appologies to the remainder of the class. I was just physically disgusted to find it would in fact be three. I'll refrain from acting on my instincts, it is against the schools code of conduct to fight against other students outside of specified locations afterall. Even if those students are.... 'things'."

Maravetia
84332612_530892801144115_8000019952796869250_n.jpg
Interactions: Uasal Uasal (Faidh), Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian (Shugon)
Mentioned/Nearby: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Kidd), HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest (Eberron)
It took Marie time to fully grasp the situation. Visions she would rather have buried began surfacing as she thought of all the sea monsters she had slain, all the atrocities she had seen committed by the wild creatures. Trying to make some sense of it, she kept her eyes to Shugon, even as Faidh spoke. What little thoughts were flowing through her head were interrupted when Faidh addressed her. Her voice leaking some form of disgust that made Marie grip her sword ever so slightly tighter. She deactivated her grace once she deemed Shugon a non-threat. Upon that she stared at Faidh, and she had a sort of revelation. She had rarely interacted with clergy, but she always noticed people at sea had varying opinions of them. Some saw them as control freaks, others saw them as innocent, and some would see them as wholly virtuous. The latter was the rarest of opinions. As Maravetia stared at Faidh, she looked to the hound she had killed. She had no obligation to kill it and could have left it to chase that random student to his death. Looking at it, she felt something boil over when the word 'monstrosity' was used to describe her.

Monster, her? Something about that set her off. Triggered something she couldn't identify. Perhaps it was her experience, fighting real monsters who would destroy any living thing in horrible ways without a second thought. Monsters that were birthed from the wretched god that had gifted her a grace. Monsters that would kill and devour anything in their path, a true enemy of all sentient life. She felt her lower jaw tighten. Why was she, someone who spent her whole life fighting such creatures assigned their label? When Faidh turned her head to the door, Marie finally understood why the opinions were so varied.

"Monstrosities? An ironic thing to assign to one of your own kin," she looked at Faidh in the eye whether the paladin returned her gaze or not, her vision swelling with water. "You would call one of your own something akin to a savage, twisted creature that would happily make a meal of all of us. Creatures that should be destroyed until the oceans are red with blood and thick with chum! I have dedicated the last nine years of my life to making sure those things don't rip apart innocents. Creatures, spawned from that wretched god who gave me this damned power too late! You may not like my power, you may hate it more than I do, but I will make sure that Avngruund regrets giving me this power. I will use it to rip apart all of his disgraceful spawn until they cannot harm anyone again!"

Marie looked to the dog corpse and pointed at it as she said, "If your efforts are wasted on assigning labels of evil to people over creatures that would joyfully rip apart our intestines from the still living bodies of every man, woman, and child they can find, then why call yourself a knight at all? Do the gods really care that little for us or is your church just sham?"

1610646191807.png

Fáidh Ceangailte Aigéan
Fáidh didn't imagine the conversation would continue on as it did, she had, of course, expected the 'professor' to shed a few words on the scene followed then by perhaps a few comments from the others amassed but ultimately Fáidh had expected the whole ordeal to deescalate. Instead, she was met with the complete opposite, an obvious escalation of the situation sparked by none other than Marie who was now standing teary-eyed and spouting words of discourse everyone knew would only spark further action from the parties involved. Side glancing at the girl with a look of disgust Fáidh clicked her tongue loudly before speaking coldly once again, her temper being tested to its uppermost limits "Could you not point toward that poor hound, even it is closer to the heavens then you three.". Looking back to the door out of disrespect Fáidh continued "Let's get one thing straight, you are not my kin. Perhaps, at one stage you were, but now. Now you are tainted, sick, disgusting even. You are a monstrosity, abyssal in nature. No matter how many of your kin you slay that fact will not change, that is unless by some miracle your 'god' is slain and your grace is thus removed in a miraculous string of events but alas I wouldn't hold out hope, hope is reserved for those who haven't been tainted by the evils of this world."

Raising her collar Fáidh displayed the Paladin orders symbol to Marie without paying them any attention herself. "You say monsters and creatures joyfully go around slaughtering the innocent while Paladins such as myself waste our time. Such a statement is absurd and shows you truly know nothing of the empire and its populace. But again what was I to expect of an abyssal whos never strayed from her fishbowl. The Navy is not the only force that keeps this nation safe from monsters, the paladins protect the nation from infernals. Infernals are the truest form of evil one could imagine, Abyssals slaughter, infernals are not so merciful. Day in and day out Paladins give their lives to protect our borders from such beasts and I myself have slaughtered enough infernals to stain entire field red with blood. Are abyssal to be overlooked, of course not as both are evil incarnate. But you should at least know of what the order does before you slander its good name."

Gripping her spear once again Fáidh glanced to the girl "and while we're on the topic, cease your crying, its unbecoming to do so in public. Especially so for a monster, it's revolting really."

Eberron
arcane-gunslinger.jpg
"And yet you find yourself surrounded by Abominations. I believe it would be in your best interest to play nice. Who knows. Maybe one day you will owe your life towards one aligned with the Abyss or Eldritch. Although, with your attitude and hateful remarks, i more see you being left to die alone. Or even killed by your own crew." Eberron mused as he and Sweetie approached the group, taking up ranks beside the Seadog and fellow Pariah in a show of support. "May your gods have mercy on you should the headmaster partner you with one of us. My goodness, you would have to not only cooperate, but also work with an enemy of your church! What would your pope think?! The Scandal! The shame!" he mocked, yet raising some questions for the paladin. "I wonder if they would have you excommunicated for even staying in the same dorm as an abyssal." The artificer added, just to piss her off even more.

Turning towards the former merc, and paladin's target of verbal abuse, Eberron placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. "It is people like them that should be pitied. feel not anger or hatred for the poor paladin, whom's mind had been warped and stripped of free thought.

Uasal Uasal Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

"Disappointing."

Headmaster Zao appeared once more, seemingly out of thin air when no one was observing that particular spot in the corridor. His arms were folded as he regarded the bickering duo with something as close to an indifferent sneer as a human being could possibly manage. "I had expected much more. Alas, it appears the quality of the students I was blessed with isn't quite as high as I'd hoped for, but just about what I expected: Disappointing."

Frustratingly, the man didn't explain what he found so disappointing, and whether he was referring to both Fáidh and Eberron, or just one of them.

The Headmaster looked around, checking attendance in the middle of the corridor. The check was interrupted when a bloodhound crossed the nearby corner, but the Headmaster killed it by firing a lightning bolt from between his fingers without even looking away from the students and the assistant professor.

When Zao spoke again, it was in the tone of an educator: a teacher, rather than a stoic and distant figure of legend. However, the rough and almost hostile quality never left his voice.

"Since it's the first day, we'll start off easy. I'll merely test to see if you possess the most essential of skills to become sailors, and we'll build on from there accordingly," the Headmaster said. He then stepped forward and raised both of his hands above his head, before slamming them back down in a fast move and concluding in a swooping motion to the side. Everyone stumbled as the cool hallway of Stormcrest was replaced with the unsteady rocking deck of a ship, the musty air with the open scent of sea-breeze in the late morning. They were surrounded on all sides by nothing but the sea, with a clear horizon that showed no land.

Without acknowledging the sudden act of teleportation, Zao gently hopped behind the steering wheel of the vessel and started lecturing.

"The sea. It's one of the world's greatest mysteries. Its depths are vast, but unexplored; its ends allegedly far but likewise unknown. Who made it and why? Where does it begin? Where does it end? Does it end?" Zao paused there, taking in a breath. "There is only one certainty. The sea has no fucks to give for any of you."

"I have selected this location for the particular qualities of its waters," Zao said, motioning overboard. "While it's stable enough that a brig of this size only sways, even a somewhat exceptional human will be unable to swim without a boat. Furthermore, the oceanic drift patterns in this area are circular, meaning if one of you dies, it'll be relatively easy for Professor Ragsdale to recover the body without it being thrown against rocks. The comfort of an assured funeral is a cold one in the face of such a beginning, I am sure, but it's more than most sailors get."

With that being done, Zao pointed out a number of boats in various makes and styles, hanging off the sides of the brig on hooked platforms, standing there instead of cannons.

"Everyone picks one vessel. The last vessel to remain afloat wins, and I'll tutor the winning party with double the attention, ensuring nothing less than an additional Coalescence by next week." Zao fired a bolt of lightning from his finger as a signal. "Go!"

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Noble Scion Noble Scion Uasal Uasal Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Xlos Xlos HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Reinhardt Reinhardt

Last edited:
William raised his eyebrows at the incredulous display from his newly met classmates, particularly Faidh. He was confused at this reaction from Maravetia, but even more so bewildered at the over the top nature of the Paladin's insults and questions. He was unable to sense any magical energy nearby, or at all for that matter, abyssal kind or otherwise. Thus he was plunged even deeper into his confusion when Faidh became suddenly hostile toward the mercenary girl as well.

"Alright now, ladies. I don't know what's the issue but Mr. Ragsdale seems alright t' me. All he's done so far is drink his tea and say hello. I'm sure he's right handsome by cephalopod standards too, eh Professor?" William tried to eas the tension, and poked Shugon in the ribs with his elbow to accentuate the fact that he was likely a friendly guy. He was the only teacher to even introduce himself to the class so far, and not just tell them they'd all die immediately after. Kidd's efforts were thwarted, however, when Eberron emerged from the void out of the corner of the pirate's eye. He began throwing around rebuttals and after no time at all there was an argument taking place. William gave up his pursuit of peace and sipped his own mug, downing the last of it's contents with a gulp. When he lowered the mug from in front of his face, Zao had appeared behind the girls. William's heart skipped a beat as the man came closer.

The headmaster berated the two verbal competitors and before William had finished smirking suddenly the image of the crowd gathered in a hallway changed, making him reel. A familiar sight, however, graced his eyes and made him smile.

"Well hello beauty," He said to the open ocean. His sea legs afforded him no drawbacks from the now tossing and shifting floor beneath him, however sudden it was. He listened to Zao intently, and studied the boats hanging off the larger vessel. They were all more or less similar, maybe one being a bit bulkier or one a tad sleeker. He chose his mark quickly, and with the crack of Zao's bolt he pushed off to dash towards one. He practically flew over the side of the boat and into position at the ropes securing the dingy in place. He then turned to face the rest of the crowd who had not beaten him to their own boats. He raised his coffee mug in the air over his shoulder, and flung it at the next person to reach a boat. It would likely hit them in the face and shatter, or perhaps if dodged slow their advance into the water.

Immediately after the cup left William's hands, he would release the rope and let his dingy plunge into the water. Just like riding a bike, his hands moved automatically pulling ropes and lowering sails, just as he'd done since he was a boy.

Interactions: Whoever reaches the boats just after William.

Eberron
arcane-gunslinger.jpg

Eberron was quick on the draw when Kidd threw his empty cup as the inventor followed after to get to his own dingy, Sweetie hot on his heels. The round shattered the porcelain teacup, showering ceramic shrapnel all over. With twin thumps, the duo landed in their small craft and began to descend towards the rather placid waters. Reaching into one of the many pouches secreted on his person, Eberron pulled out a small piece of alloyed round stock along with other pieces of scrap. "Sweetie, Transmute the hull into Duralumin." He barked before unloading his pistol into a couple of the boats, punching three inch holes into the bottom of their hulls.

The mechanical golem's horn was alight with arcane power as she converted the scrap and hull into pristine Duralumin. Thankfully due to the laws of displacement, the small watercraft stayed afloat and was much lighter due to the rare metal. As soon as it hit the water, Eberron unfurled it's sail and hopped on the rudder, steering her to open water as the small golem took up sentry, her twin guns spun-up and ready to fire as she continued to transmute and change the small Dingy. After a short while, the golem stopped her channeling and returned her primary focus on the other students.

DWJ2V101-01.jpg

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade

Last edited:
Maravetia
Tags to People Who Are Starting to Get left Behind (Sorry if this reads passive aggressively): Noble Scion Noble Scion (Luna), Reinhardt Reinhardt (Ayaka/Lan), Kylesar1 Kylesar1 (Solomon), Xlos Xlos (Theodore)
Sort of Interactions: Birdsie Birdsie (Zao)
Mentioned/Nearby: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Kidd), HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest (Eberron), Uasal Uasal (Faidh), Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian (Shugon)​

Marie may not be the brightest tool in the shed for social interactions, but Eberron's comments certainly put up yellow flags after the conversation had probably ended. Faidh's comments had done little. Though, it gave Marie some food for thought on the view of her own power. As to what those thoughts were, she couldn't tell and it was short lived when Zao appeared, berating someone. Then again, Marie couldn't tell who he was berating. As soon as the words 'disappointing' left his mouth, Maravetia wiped her eyes clean and stood up straight.

"Apologies, Headmaster," Maravetia stated simply before a hound was struck down by Zao. The sudden teleportation happened and the Seadog's eyes opened to the sight of the wide open ocean. Though many bad memories were associated with the sea, after a deep breath, those memories were overwhelmed by the combination of the familiarity and all the more good memories. Zao's short introduction was something Maravetia already knew well.

The sea had no fucks to give. The ocean, and whatever horrors within it would happily swallow up anyone. There was no mercy upon the open waves. The only things that determined who lived and who died was skill and pure luck. No amount of praying, preparing, or crying would save the countless poor souls who died at sea. Zao was right, the assured prospect of a funeral was a cold comfort. After all, when one had bodies at sea, they only had one place to go.

The lightning bolt was shot and the first two to make it to the boats were Kidd and Eberron. The latter having an empty mug thrown at them. Maravetia scanned briefly at the boats as she approached them. One had a specific item that would be indispensable, and she hopped onto a small boat with a sail and more importantly a harpoon. Sure, it was a harpoon meant for whaling, but a simple spear on a rope had a lot of uses. After swiftly unhooking herself from the ship by slashing the rope off, she sheathed her great sword and picked up the harpoon, briefly inspecting it and testing its weight. It was set down properly, and Marie made her way to the lone sail's lowering mechanism and immediately dropped it. After that, the simple sailboat set out to the open waters, and Marie hauled up the harpoon, ready for whatever might come be it boat or something else.

Eleonora Luna - Ocean
(White fur)
EoaX8SnWMAI8wEO.png
Luna unamused as she listened to their instructions, and as their "guidelines" finished, she calmly walked to a boat and plonked herself on-top, staking her claim and pulling off the uncomfortable clothes, before calmly transforming into her were-beast form as it fell into the ocean. To most, it would be a bewildering sight, watching someone unclothe in such an intense test, but it was common practice amongst her people to avoid wastage of such precious materials, such as cloth, and she wasn't sure if the school provided replacements, and while she might have been comfortable wandering around at home in such a state, surrounded by unfamiliar enemies, she wasn't quite so comfortable.

Taking a look around, her boat was painted a clean azure blue and seemed to be of a sturdy make to her untrained eye. It bore little in the ways of weaponry, but she was more so thankful for that as she couldn't imagine it could take that much weight in this form. She yawned, sat down on her back legs, much like a dog would, and lazily stared around after bundling both her clothes and her staff in her arms, taking in the unfamiliar sights of the ocean and sky, wondering about home and how long she would have to attend this place until she was allowed back. The bright sunlight with no cover was intense for her, completely different from the usual shade of the forest, but she didn't exactly have much of a choice.

She had a battle plan already, considering some members that had found their niche in destroying the competition, and didn't play on acting any time soon until she was forced to.

Thankfully, the gentle rocking of the waves against her boat didn't stir any sort of latent sea sickness. It reminded her of home in a strange way, with how natural it felt, much like lying on a hammock or tree branch.

Birdsie Birdsie

1610646191807.png

Fáidh Ceangailte Aigéan

When Zao appeared before the group Fáidh was somewhat embarrassed, she didn't feel as though she was in the wrong at all but none the less she did feel somewhat sorry for displaying such an outburst before the mighty Zao. Her first time meeting him face to face no less. If anything the whole ordeal only made her resentment for the 'monstrosities' that much deeper but as Zao pulled them to the open sea Fáidh's eyes widened and began to shine in awe of the wide expanse. It was beautiful, the way the sun reflected upon the water and bounced upon the rising waves, it was magnificent and the young Paladin almost got lost in a trance but fortunately, Zao's words quickly snapped her back to reality.

Truth be told this test spelt almost certain doom for the young Paladin, she had little experience in making a ship and even then only upon vast lakes of still water. Of course, the task was to stay afloat upon the last vessel standing but even then this test was clearly meant to incorporate sabotage and the likes considering those who fall to the sea were to be recovered by.... that thing. Looking to the boats attached to the side of the ship Fáidh began to worry somewhat, she had no idea what the pros or cons were to the different vessels available. Of course, some were obviously run on wind and others on finross but aside from that, almost nothing else was obvious to her. This was going to be one hell of a first test but Fáidh was determined not to fall first at the very least. Actually, she was even more determined to save herself when she fell so as to not come in contact with the vile being that was Shoggoth but alas not falling first was at the top of her agenda.

As the others quickly took to the water Fáidh watched on from the deck of the ship, scanning her classmate's moves and hoping to pick up on some sort of clue from how the more experienced seafarers acted. At the very least she found most had chosen a sail operated vessel and with the little experience she had a small sail vessel would have been a good pick for herself too. However, before she could act upon that thought the heretical eldrich alchemist from before took aim and punctured a hole in all those that remained. well all but one but the other 'disgrace' took that one for herself. Disgusting.

With her ship choice now thrown off course Fáidh instead decided to watch her classmates once again. Specifically, she turned her gaze to Eberron. From what Fáidh could deduce Eberron was, at current, the largest threat possed to her success in this test. His ranged weaponry and alchemy would prove hard to handle at sea, especially if he got any further out and or if his disgraceful cloaking spell could encompass his ship. Actually, if he vanished from sight at all his ranged shots would become even more of a threat to slow-moving vessels like the oar boats that were left. Yes, without a doubt Ebberon was the largest threat and that was before one even took his contraption into consideration. He had to be dealt with before he could be fully set up. Naturally, that was the only course of action, a preemptive strike.

Twirling her spear from side to side Fáidh approached the edge of the main ship and then quickly got into a crouched position. With one hand gripping her spear and the other bracing against the edge of the ship Fáidh look as if she was ready to sprint off the edge of the ship at great speed. And well she was. Aiming her body and spear directly towards Eberrons ship Fáidh closed her eyes and relaxed her body, her breathing became sharp and after a few seconds lightning began to spark from her body arcing to both her spear and any nearby metals. Without looking back Fáidh tightened her grip and spoke clearly to those behind her with a respectful tone "Please, brace for impact" and with that, she was gone in a blinding flash of light. Thunder echoed soon after and the ship rocked violently for a few seconds following her departure.

In the distance, a large bang echoed as seawater violently erupted around where Eberons ship used to be. In truth, Eberron's ship was still there but was shrouded by said erupting waves. All be it there was now a massive hole in the centre of its deck and water was now quickly filling the vessel as it shook violently from the impact of Fáidh and her spear. Fáidh, however, had not plunged through the ship alongside her spear, no she had used her chains to break free from such a faith by hooking the mast before sinking into the blue depths. No, Fáidh was perched atop the mast with her chains keeping her balanced upon the small shaking pole. Looking down at Eberron Faidh's eyes narrowed "do me a favour and go down with your ship would you" And with that Faidh's spear returned to her from the depths and with her Grace she again vanished from sight in a flash.

This time she landed upon Williams boat with a thundering boom but aside from the violent shaking she had only caused a large eruption of water from behind the ship where she had plunged her spearhead "I do apologise for coming aboard unannounced but would you mind if we formed a team?" Fáidh words were soft and her smile was sweet she still held her spear in one hand but with her free hand she offered him to shake "I'm really not all that good at sailing by myself but do feel free to turn me down, no harm will come to your or your vessel in such a case"

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest

Lan Xiang Huang & Ayaka Azai

Lan(1) arrived at the Headmaster's Office in the middle of a bad atmosphere. An argument had just been made, and to make things even more awkward, Zao had appeared in a burst of light and teleported everyone in his midst to where else but the stupid sea he so loved to go to.

She preferred to be sitting down, inside a classroom, doing mundane stuff compared to being on Zao's ship, traversing the endless waters heading to who knows where. Nevertheless, she was already here. And the only way back was to have Zao teleport her back to the academy grounds - and from what is going on, that would take quite a while.

At the same time, the group cleared by Lan(2) to deliver the "counseled" student was brought along Zao's teleportation, after having arrived just before the Headmaster could zap everyone out of the vicinity and unto the seas. The student, still restrained and shackled, felt the sudden change in the atmosphere and began to wriggle. Those that secured her were already worried that she would break free, had their concerns heightened - especially with the ship throwing most of them off-balance.

One of the staff approached Lan(1) and asked for permission to leave, exit to the ship's quarters for safety. To which she answered, after taking a quick look around and assessing the situation.

"No, just stay still and keep the student restrained. We don't know just what she would do if she is let loose in this kind of environment."

Lan(1) took a step. "She might do just what Zao had said, or she might just go wild and try to kill you guys for keeping her chained. Not that you were at fault for that, of course. Or she might just jump ship and swim to who knows where."

"After all that resources we've used, it'd be a shame to lose someone with her potential.", Lan(1) tapped the man's shoulder, as if to reassure him. "Besides, you've got the great Headmaster and the tentacled gentleman over there with you. Don't fret and just keep doing your job until we get back."

"Isn't that right, guys?", she yelled over to Zao and Shugon with a thumbs up, hoping to get some affirmation so that the crew that was accidentally ported in could be calmed a bit.

The man, with a bit of hesitation, nodded, then returned to his group who kept watch over the restrained person.

After doing so, Lan(1) dragged a wooden chair from the captain's quarters and sat down. With poise and grace, she gazed over the brewing storm between the students that Zao picked. Not a day has gone by and they already seemed to be a mess. Either Zao would fix them up, or they would be thrown to the gutter.

While Lan(1) wouldn't really be affected by the results of their stay in the academy, she preferred the former. After all, if they did get better, that would mean great things for pretty much everyone.

"They're going to need a lot of work, Zao.", she commented at the unfolding scene before her, then to the restrained student. "Well, not that I'm one to speak. She's also going to need quite some, honestly."

She returned her gaze to the events that were occurring before her, neither anxious nor uninterested of the results.

Interaction/s: Zao / NPCs ( Birdsie Birdsie ), Shugon ( Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian )

A loud crack of thunder which sounded much too close to be from these clear skies made William jolt and spin around, keeping one hand on the wheel. He was not in time to see the first flash, of course, but the second caught his attention over Eberron's boat which he had been trying to steer away from. He furrowed his brow in a look that truly exclaimed "What, the fuck" without his lips having to move. The small spray of water which erupted from near the middle of the Artificer's boat was all William could see from his angle a few hundred meters away, as well as Eb's head over the side of his railing and Faidh seemingly floating in place on the top of his mast. In another instant, she was suddenly much closer than William had been ready for. Of course her presence immediately made him bolt over the bench of his small vessel and end up in the far front on the other side of the mast. He scanned it's floor for any damage, not that he would be able to do much about it if there were. He was somewhat relieved, but more perturbed when there was none. He listened to Faidh speak.

"Well, now, miss Paladin. Faidh, yeah? I don't suppose that means you've taken a liking to me. You shouldn't be so quick to fall for a pretty face, you know." He said with a wide smile. "Fine with me, who am I to piss off an apparent thunder god. I'll handle the swashbuckling and you keep sinking ships." He retook the wheel and reaquanted himself with the positions of the other contestants in the current charade. Maravetia was the next after them, followed by Luna. Neither had decided on an apparent course of action yet, so William made perhaps the only battlefield related decision anyone could make at the moment. He doubted the now bunny-monster-girl would be as adept at sailing as Maravetia was, but the latter was especially threatening at sea. That one definitely had sea legs to rival William's own pair. William separated himself and Faidh from the view of both the closer sailors, by making a sharp turn around. He headed back towards the larger boat at top speed, and just as the other two had gained some speed to start maneuvering themselves Kidd and Faidh would be well behind the silhouette of the mother ship. This isolated them from the rest of the party, at least momentarily. "For the record, I'm still not quite at peace with how you treated Maravetia and Professor Ragsdale. What's the scoop?"

Uasal Uasal

Eberron
arcane-gunslinger.jpg
Mood: Absolutely Livid

By the Dark One, Eberron was pissed. Gritting his teeth, the artificer set to assessing the damage to his vessel. The boat was completely fucked. Even with the supplies he had it would only slow it's gradual trip to the depths. Seething, he climbed atop the small cabin, along with the small golem. If he was going down, he was going to do as much damage as he could to the others. "So she want's to play it that way... Sweetie, Open fire on Kidd's vessel. Permission granted for use of your Destructive gaze. 70% power output." He growled as he set to work opening fire on Luna's vessel.

The sound of rapid fire gunshots filled the air around the doomed vessel, as arcane rifle rounds reached out and punched into the wooden hull of the transformed woman, splintering the hull. All the while the automatic report of two rotary guns, caused both seawater and wooden hull to explode, yet the use of her destructive gaze remained unseen.

"Forgive me father. but the mean lady has caused a short in my systems." This only infuriated him further. she could attack him, but to harm his creation? That was crossing the line.

"Just keep up the suppressive fire dear. we'll take care of you later. when we're not sinking." He responded, loading in more rounds into his rifle, before resuming fire. It was for naught though, as the small vessel soon dropped beneath the surface. Taking hold of the tiny golem, he put his faith in the professor to save their asses. Golems do not float so well, and his lungs were not infinite.

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Uasal Uasal Noble Scion Noble Scion Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian

Shugon Ragsdale
Le Big Boat on the Sea. Interactions: HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Reinhardt Reinhardt Birdsie Birdsie Mentions: Look at them going for their boats. Wow!
5ede53da2f36b6b326d4c0adfd6762c7.jpg

Although the situation escalated by the rudely, intervening Eberron, Shugon was just glad that Zao had arrived to get on with his little challenge to the students. In but a moment's notice, all occupants of the hall were transported to a ship on the sea, everyone including Shugon stumbled slightly. Zao had taken to the steering wheel of the vessel, might as well assume a position alongside him. From his perspective, he saw how all the students scrambled for their boats. After observing the scramble, Shugon saw that they were at least thinking about their selection of boats and not just going for whatever looked cool.

Shugon's colleague Lan reassured a member of the staff with his and Zao's presence then turned around to flash the individuals a thumbs-up, Shugon returned the sentiment with a thumbs-up of his own before returning his gaze to the students.

The paladin Fáidh had managed to strike a daring blow into the artificer's ship. And here Shugon had anticipated that he would've made it to the semi-finals or maybe even the finals of this little challenge, no such luck but that is life and the way of the sea, whether it is under or over it. The octopus counted by tapping his foot. When he reached thirty taps, the suited octopus fell into a run and leaped off of the ship's starboard side. He extended his arms in front of him and sliced into the sea. Zao mentioned that the turbulent tides of this particular spot made it difficult for an exceptional human to even thrash in the water but for Shugon? One who had battled the crushing pressure of the ocean since childhood? It was merely a bath.

The black marbles that were his eyes spotted the submerged Eberron and golem. Like the swordfish, Shugon dashed after the submerged student with frightening speed. Once he reached the submerged artificer and golem, he grabbed Eberron by his neck tightly but not enough to crush it. At first, he dived deeper than U-turned when he was satisfied with the depth. Once again he began to swim towards the seam between the surface and the ocean. He shot out like a shark that had just captured its' prey.

He landed on the deck with the soggy artificer and his contraption. Thankfully, Shugon's suit was designed with swimming and deep dives in mind, or else the students would've had to see an octopus in his birthday suit going after them.

With wet footsteps, Shugon proceeded to Zao's side once again, progressively getting drier as the suit's fabrics began to tighten out the water that was on him. "That's one down. Fortunately for him, that paladin didn't decide to poke a hole in his head with that spear of hers." He commented.

Eleonora Luna - Ocean
(White fur)
EoaX8SnWMAI8wEO.png
As soon as the boat started taking fire, Luna realized that she would have to begin executing her plan. Taking a moment to find the closest target that seemed to not be sinking, she hunkered down and prepared herself for what was to come, launching herself from her now sinking vessel to a different boat with her powerful hind legs, clothes and staff in-hand. She shakily landed on the pile of wood inhabited by the one whom she remembered had poked her rump the day prior, one "Maravetia", if she remembered the introduction.

While she couldn't speak in this form, she did simply sit down calmly once more. Apparently, an offering of cooperation as she simply stared at Maravetia, giving what she could only hope to be perceived as a 'friendly growl', almost like a purr, if it were coming from a cat. Luna pondered how they'd react to seeing such a form. It was clear after all, that her captors weren't in control of this place, and she wasn't entirely sure if the 'school' had been informed of her abilities, nevermind her fellow students. That being said, she wasn't aware of what anyone else was capable of bar what she'd already seen

She made a mental note of the one who had fired at her. Their time would come.

So far, while she didn't dislike the sea, it wasn't particularly interesting and didn't seem to have an accessible food source for her, and she'd heard tales that the water was poisonous, so she didn't dare drink it, but she supposed if the rest of her time in this prison was to be doing such things as this, it wouldn't be the most cruel thing to happen to her.

HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Silver Wolf Silver Wolf

Last edited:
Headmaster Zao
At Sea, Where No Fucks Are Given For Any of You

"Mm, that'd be a shame," Zao quietly agreed. His mood considerably improved once they were out in the waters; despite his earlier speeches, the old man clearly enjoyed the lively swaying of the sea. "He's one of the promising ones, this Eberron, even counting in his origins and temperament."

For a moment, Zao uncharacteristically dallied, putting the admiral's pipe in his mouth and lighting it with a snap of his fingers, before once again removing it and breathing out a swirl of dark smoke.

"It reminds me, in a roundabout way, of my own childhood," the Headmaster said, smoke flowing from between his lips. He coughed lightly, expelling the remaining fumes, before going on with the tone of kindly reminiscence, like rustic nostalgia, "Such a callow young master I was. If I didn't challenge you to a duel where you'd die, it was probably because I considered you dead already, or unworthy of dying at my hand. Stormcrest was much smaller back then. Instead of our current, titanic campus, there was a single wooden building with a pier, and the adjoining barracks for students to sleep in. There were only twenty of us - the inaugural class of the Realm's sailors."

After a moment, Zao's ear twitched upon hearing some of what Lan said. He chuckled amusedly at the supposition that the student she'd arrested would be able to escape via swimming.

"I wish you good weather, swimming here. These waters are more shark-infested than a leper is pustule-infested, and their depths hide a Kraken that fervently hates anything that looks like me. I took one of its tentacles in a battle around a hundred years ago, but the beastie still remembers and it believes anything human-looking is me."

"As for the students? Yes, I suppose they will," Zao added. "I'd thought at least one of them would see through me and realize the true meaning of this test. I suppose this isn't half-bad, though." He observed as the rest of the students continued their battle.

Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian Noble Scion Noble Scion Uasal Uasal Kylesar1 Kylesar1 Xlos Xlos HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Reinhardt Reinhardt

Maravetia
TAKE ME BY THE HAND LEAD ME TO THE LAND
THAT YOU UNDERSTAND
Tags to People Who Are Starting to Get left Behind (Sorry if this reads passive aggressively): Kylesar1 Kylesar1 (Solomon), Xlos Xlos (Theodore)
Interactions: Noble Scion Noble Scion (Luna)
Mentioned/Nearby: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Kidd), HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest (Eberron), Uasal Uasal (Faidh), Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian (Shugon), Reinhardt Reinhardt (Ayaka/Lan), Birdsie Birdsie (Old Fart)​

Lots of things happened in a short timespan. Maravetia had seen the fast paced destruction of Eberron's ship by Faidh, catching a glimpse of the paladin before she leaped to Kidd's boat. That could be a problem. Marie had seen Kidd's actions and knew she was dealing with someone experienced with riding the open ocean. Not to mention that with two hands on deck, Kidd had a lot more capability. More maneuverability, more attention to spare, more people to utilize. She couldn't even properly track Faidh using whatever power she did. As soon as she saw what she would be up against, Marie began scanning for anything of use. Rocks, small islands, and even sand bars would be preferable right now. If she could get near a stable surface, a lot of options would open up. After all, her boat had rope and harpoons.

Her small little sailboat suddenly shook though. Marie whipped out her knife before seeing a large fluffy creature with rabbit ears on her boat. With one look at the tail, Marie immediately knew who it was. "So fluffy...I want to pet it," the mercenary thought. Those thoughts were pushed out once again, and she looked for Kidd's boat. She couldn't find it at first and began rapidly scanning around, looking desperately for it. As soon as she saw a mast peak out from behind the brig, she sighed in relief. Looks like they chose a tactical retreat. This was fortunate, because all Marie had to do now was come up with a plan. She looked to Luna and said, "You'll be in charge of steering. The paddle control is in the back. I'll be in charge of sails."

Maravetia walked over to the sail ropes and began pulling the strings responsible for the sail direction, watching the wind push it. Once she had an idea of where the wind was going, she memorized it and began looking around. There were a couple of spiked rocks jutting out from the depths, making a rather interesting area to hide in. Not only that, but there appeared to also be footholds on the island. With a point, she issued directions to Luna, "Turn us towards those rocks. We'll go around the left." Within moments of the instruction, Marie prepared the sails to catch the wind as efficiently as possible in her desired direction, then she pulled up the harpoon and looked around slightly. At the same time, something was giving her a bad feeling. A feeling she often felt when they weren't alone in the waters. "Keep an eye out for any unusual shadows in the water or anything unusual on the surface. We may have company. Whatever you do, do NOT let a single drop of blood into the water."

"Nothing to do now, but engage. The only ranged fighter's out of the game." Mumbled Kidd more to himself than his new comrade. He stared out over the horizon, rather than straight on to his opponent who's form he noticed heading towards some shallows with a varied rocky structure. It looked like while they were on the other side of the teacher's boat, Luna had joined Maravetia on her vessel. What a coincidence, great minds I suppose. Though I don't remember a giant furry blonde bear being at the morning attendance. Who is that, I wonder? And what could they be planning in those rocks. They could be planning to have os dashed against them by their attacks. Let's go find out. William's mind was working strategies, memories of his time as captain flooding back to aid him in his endeavor. His current vessel was smaller than The Adventure Galley, and he was grateful for the extra control he had over the boat's speed and agility versus a full battleship right now. He turned a bit towards the wind to catch it more, and send him sailing towards the outside of the formation of rocks. He knew after seeing his target ship cruising towards them that if he came up on the left side there would be a window in which they would be close enough for him to perform a ranged maneuver. Now, how was this close combat fighter going to manage a ranged strike exactly?

"Faidh, would you do me a favor and take the wheel? Just keep her steady, don't change the sails none. You'll be fine while I make a move." After his partner cooperated, he would wander out to the dead center of their ship. "Those chains you have, they're magic, yeah? I'm going to need you to spot me for this." William took the chains offered up by Faidh which he wrapped around his torso under his armpits snugly. They were not exactly comfortable, but he was confident they would not knock the wind out of him when his plan was executed. "I'm going to try and end this with one blow, taking a page out of your book, but let's not expect a miracle." Said Kidd with a smile, growing giddy with anticipation as he ran what he was about to do through his mind. "I'm gonna jump over there and aim for their starboard side. I can make myself heavier like three men. I'm gonna try and capsize 'em. Wish me luck and pull me back before those two rip me to shreds." With that Kidd crouched as if preparing a high jump. He activated his charm which added to his weight briefly, causing the boat to dip evenly. He deactivated it immediately, and buoyancy caused the ship to be tossed upwards and jump slightly at the exact moment Maravetia and Luna's own boat came into view between the rocks.

This, plus his sudden drop in weight and the activation of his strength based charm allowed him to swing his arms strongly and leap from the deck of his ship over the fifteen foot distance to his opponent's starboard side of it's own deck. He then reactivated his weight enhancement to it's max. Three hundred and fifty pounds slammed into the starboard side of the deck and would cause the whole thing to violently roll on the surface of the water and dip into it on that side. William looked at Maravetia, whom was closest working the sails, with a mischievous grin as this happened. Since there were two other bodies, one being a massive were rabbit, there was enough weight to counterbalance the boat back to equilibrium. Hopefully this would ensure the two women would not be able to retaliate right away having to retain their boat, however, and by then William would be returned to the deck of his own small vessel like a fish on a line by his partner, winking and waving on his way back flirtatiously. If they opted to attack, they would all likely tumble into the water and William would, again, be saved by Faidh. Perhaps with some damage depending on the method of action by his opponents.

Mentions: Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Uasal Uasal Noble Scion Noble Scion
Location: Moved from the deck of his own ship, which is aproximately fifteen feet away on the outside of the rocks, to the other boat approaching the rocks.

Last edited:
Eberron
arcane-gunslinger.jpg
Back on the main ship, Eberron sat drenched in sea water as he set to work making repairs to the golem. It had turned out the lightning strike to his vessel had completely fried the ocular runes that allowed for one of the tiny golem's deadly weapons. swiping seawater from his face, he continued his arduous task of retracing and repairing the runes, all while coming to the decision of leaving Sweetie behind at the dorm while he was at sea. If it were an excursion onto land or to repel boarders, that would be a different story.

Using a fine pointed pick-like tool, he scraped it along the lines of the old runes, cleaning and engraving them, all while depositing a fine layer of an arcane compound. "Note to self, be better prepared and supplied..." He grumbled, still a bit pissed about being the first one to sink. He would need to make a Dimensional Haversack (Bag of Holding), if any of his ideas were to come to fruition.

It didn't take him long to finish his work thanks to many hours of practice. Looking towards the now repaired and fully functional golem, he gave a nod giving her unspoken permission to play on the deck. It looked like he would have to make time later that night to begin work on his microbrewery, for he had other more pressing projects to begin if he was to succeed in this class. One thing was certain, the school would see a boom in industrial maritime innovation. for that he was certain. With that decided, he took to cleaning and oiling his firearms. His saber would be fine, as the alloy was non-corrosive and perfect for the sea.

@ Anyone paying attention

Maravetia
Interactions: Noble Scion Noble Scion (Luna)
Mentioned/Nearby: Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade (Kidd), HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest (Eberron), Uasal Uasal (Faidh), Worthlessplebian Worthlessplebian (Shugon), Reinhardt Reinhardt (Ayaka/Lan), Birdsie Birdsie (Old Fart)
With wind on her side, Luna and Maravetia's boat were roughly halfway or a little more to the rock formation. Her harpoon was out, and Marie aimed it as if to test it. All the while, she was scanning the waters religiously, keeping an eye out for anything unusual. Between that, she scanned the competition. Kidd seemed to have his own plan. Kidd and Faidh's boat were catching up at a steady pace, but she tracked his current trajectory and began thinking. She examined the tip of the harpoon, wondering for a moment. With a tap on the wood and another examination of the tip, she found out what she wanted to do. The rock surface had foothold and would be more than wide enough to hide her. At the same time, a good set of panic would help the situation.

Marie looked to Luna and called to her, saying, "Luna. We're going to make a sharp manuever around the rock once we're on the other side I'm going to climb up. I want you to keep their attention."

Maravetia looked to the spare supplies and took hold of another tool. She hadn't expected to use it, but it would serve its purpose. In fact, it may save her plan. A tool all fighters at sea were familiar with. The quintessential raiding and boarding tool. Yes, she was talking about a grappling hook. Of course, she didn't plan to use it on Kidd's boat. Marie began the basic prep work, coil up the harpoon rope and angle the sail to catch as much wind as possible in the desired direction. Once Kidd's boat was out of sight, Marie ran briefly to the front and tossed the hook. "Turn right, and make for a ramming course!" Her feet pressed the side and the boat jolted to the right, turning. Midway through, Marie let go and jumped onto the rock. Seawater swallowing her ankles and hands gripping jagged rock rough from the sea's fury. But she made it. She climbed and made sure to stay out of sight. Around the higher end of the rock, she found a foothold. Enough space existed for her to peak out once the noise started. Once she heard anything. Shouting, roaring, or crashing. She would emerge and throw her harpoon into Kidd's ship. She would activate her grace last second just in case. She didn't want to reveal herself, and hopefully Luna could distract them. If not, she could still probably pierce their boat and grind it to a halt if not pull it into the rocks.

Of course it wasn't a good plan, their boat would be in range of attack as well, but that didn't matter. If they were going out, so be it. Maravetia would drag them down with her. She felt a surge of energy as the idea set in. Once she peaked her head out, it was do or die. Her rope uncoiled and after a quick snag check, she was ready.

A Bone Leviathan...?
The Ocean | "The ocean giveth, and the ocean taketh away. And on other days, it throws leviathans and krakens at you."

As the competition raged on, more and more things to concentrate on were piling up on each other, resulting in it becoming much more difficult to fully realise the fact that the waves crashing against the sides of the competitor's boats were becoming increasingly irregular - the directions from which the waves surged from were all wrong, and if one were to, just maybe gaze down the side of the deck, they would notice the shadow of a colossal, serpentine figure encircling the two remaining humble little ships.

As the competition neared its climax, the abyssal beast finally showed it's head. The surface of the water began to bubble violently, only moments before a surge of seawater burst forth, spraying droplets of water even hundreds of meters away. And, from the ocean, came forth what could only be assumed was a leviathan. Or, at the very least, the remnants of one? It didn't take much of a genius to notice after all, that there was something immensely suspicious about the creature, be it the horrid, overwhelming odour of rot and decay emanating off the creature, the dense and distinct scent of foul magicks, or the fact that much of its flesh was long decayed and loose bits of rotting flesh and skin were barely hanging to its body, revealing much of its skeleton. Its eye sockets were empty, and in the place of eyes were ghastly orbs that carried a spectral glow. However, most bizarre of all, was the fact that every last tooth had been seemingly removed from its enormous jaws. The dead leviathan's 'eyes' darted around, apparently surveying its surroundings. It's eyes fell upon Marie for but a moment, allowing for a short yet excruciatingly long moment of silence before turning away, seemingly dismissing her existence entirely before setting sights upon Faidh and Kidd's ship. It raised its rotted head toward the air, maw widening as it let out a bone-shrilling shriek, spraying spit, seawater, and rotted chunks of god-knows-what all over the place, before making a arced, diving motion, headed straight toward the deck of the ship.

Of course, with their undead minion at the scene, the necromancer himself was not far either. Back on the main ship, the crew would be alerted to odd sounds that could only be described as a 'weird, soggy clogged vacuum', with the source of it being a shimmering, azure 'portal' opening up on the deck. From it, a highly suspicious figure, dressed head-to-toe in pitch black robes and a silver beaked mask stepped out, dragging a cloth sack that rattled as it scraped against the floor. Faust was covered in blood and viscera, and reeked of blood and saltwater, as if the magus had just went and killed a leviathan prior to stepping on the ship. "Truly, the sea is a ferocious mistress," he mused mockingly, raising a hand out dramatically as he said so. "For she puts these aspiring sailors to gruelling trial with such a fearsome beast from the deep~!"

He raised his free hand to his mask as he let out a faked cough, pretending to clear his throat. "Fear not, for this is all in the name of garnering valuable experience for our wonderful students! We must kindle our hope for the future with all that we are, after all," he went on to exclaim, raising one hand in the air whilst placing his other against his chest, where his heart would have been, in an act of feigned passion. It was rather obvious for all to see that the undead leviathan was conjured not for the sake of 'educating' the students, but for his personal entertainment.

The bag Faust was carrying dropped to the floor, its contents rolling onto the deck, revealed to be dozens of leviathan teeth. "Don't worry, they won't die, I've made the effort to remove every single tooth off the thing," he assured everyone on board who could possibly be concerned about the safety of the four still at sea. However, he had, of course, intentionally left out the part about the creature being able to breathe necrotic mist, by accident. "Now, shall they band together to defeat a greater foe, or will one side grasp at this fortuitous opportunity to seize victory? I cannot wait to find out! By the way, would anyone like to take bets on who lands the decisive blow upon the terrible beast?"

Kobe Nathan Wade Kobe Nathan Wade Silver Wolf Silver Wolf Birdsie Birdsie Reinhardt Reinhardt Uasal Uasal HighSanguinaryPriest HighSanguinaryPriest Noble Scion Noble Scion

Last edited:
Eberron
arcane-gunslinger.jpg
Eberron watched on in mild interest as he continued to trace and retrace the runes that allowed for Sweetie's higher functions as a golem, all the while the Elder Lich made his exposition. "While i'm not a betting man, i'll pay you two gold and fifty silver for five of those Leviathan fangs." He said placing his tools back into their proper pouches, before reattaching the cranial plate to Sweetie. The small golem shook her head in annoyance at having her runes fiddled with, but knew it was necessary.

"I hope the dead leviathan crushes the mean lady. She shorted out my runes." Grumbled the golem as she plopped down on the deck watching with great interest.

Eberron
nodded in agreement but knew it would be long odds for that to happen. Returning his attention to the lich, he reached into his coin pouch and plucked the offered coins out, as well as five additional gold pieces and a list of ingredients. "This is also payment for needed ingredients."

If one were to look at said list, they would find it was primarily consisting of assorted grains, types of roast for said grains.

LostHaven LostHaven

Users who are viewing this thread

Back