• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Grim and Grimmer

Bram raised his brows as Ren stormed over, and then proceeded the jab him in the chest and call him a "squinty-eyed freak". He saw that Ren had been crying, it was pretty obvious, so he didn't come back with something rude. Instead...

"I'm looking at your pretty face, Babe," Bram teased, smirking. Oh he was so getting punched. Totally worth it though.

Florence almost stumbled back and hit the tree, as soon as the last word left Bram's mouth. Bram, you little-! Florence coughed and regained his posture, stepping up towards Bram again. He wasn't going to be caught off-guard again, especially with him watching. As much as Ren wanting to punching him in the face, the angry male realised that Bram didn't insult him back, unlike usual. He called him babe. God, was he insulting him or something? If so, he had to stop. "Bram, you little sh*t, if you're trying to mess with me, stop it, or I will punch you in the goddamn face!" Florence shouted out, tempted to turn away. For some reason, he didn't want to punch the male. I mean, it was something as 'thanks' so giving him the tissue earlier. No one usually did something for him like that, even if it was something small.

Bram sighed, frowning. Though he was tempted to laugh at his flustered reaction, what Ren had yelled really got under his skin.

"See, here's where we have a disconnect; I tease you, you threaten to punch me, I compliment you, you threaten to punch me. Though usually it isn't a threat, you just slug me and storm off. So thanks for the warning today. But for sh-t's sake, why do you always think everyone is against you? I'm being serious, I think your cute," Bram stated firmly, crossing his arms. He downcasted his eyes and looked towards the Ghost Gum. "But really, you've been especially 'I-hate-Bram-and-all-of-humanity-can-go-f*ck-itself' this morning. And you've been crying. What... What's wrong?"

Last edited by a moderator:

Ren almost choked as tears threatened to reappear again. The male crinkled his nose in distaste and considered throwing him another insult. It was pretty useless, Ren mused, knowing how Bram wouldn't insult him back, just throw a him a smart comment and throw Ren off once more. God, Ren thought, bringing up a shaky hand to his right eye. Yeah, he was definitely starting to cry again. "Bram, YOU IDIOT, why do you want to know my business? WHY DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT'S WRONG? I don't understand you! Why aren't you tired of me yet? Why haven't you insulted me properly yet? I'm such an ass to you, why? GOD, WHY IS YOUR FACE SO ANNOYING?" Florence shouted, wiping his tears away with his sleeve.

Wanting something to burn off his feelings, and energy, Ren gave Bram a punch - not an especially hard one - to his chest. "Fight me." Ren stared into Bram's eyes, hoping he would say something that he could take as yes. "FIGHT ME." The corner of the fiery-haired male's lips twitched up into a small smirk as he clenched his knuckles into fists and rose them to his face, in a defensive like-position.

Bram frowned at Ren's reaction. It pissed him off to be honest. Bram narrowed his eyes.

"Why? You want to know why?" Bram began quietly. He let out an exasperated laugh. "For f-ck's sake, it isn't obvious?! Sure I flirt with a lot of people but still Ren, how obtuse can you get? I care about you d-mint, that's why I'm not insulting you right now. Though I'm pretty tempted now.

"But you know what?" Bram continued, pushing Ren back with the same force he had been punched with. "If you want a fight so godd-mn badly, and if my face annoys you so much, just f-cking punch me. And since you asked oh so nicely, I won't even block you," Bram said, holding his hands behind his back and staring him down intensely. "Go on. Hit me."

(Sorry for not posting sooner, seems the ongoing discussion is so tense and intriguing, I wanted to wait and see what happened. Sorry if I ruined anyone's ideas, but I believe the character development is beautiful and I think it's a good time to add some tension reliever... in a way. Hope this makes up for my absence. :P :3 )

Upon reaching the Bank, Lilith was hoping to catch up with Zak or Mary to find out what their plans were concerning the recent events. But as she entered the Bank, she disappointedly found no one in sight.

She groaned in annoyance, and contemplated if she should wait for others to arrive, and somewhat 'guard' the vaults or go out and search for others and grill them on information. She softly smiled as she scratched the second idea. She was to tired to worry about other people. And most wouldn't know anyway.

So, Lilith waited. And waited and waited. She frowned. Wouldn't the mayor arrive sooner or later? No.. maybe she's already met with Zak and Mary and are now discussing the matter without her.

"Damn it..." Lilith cussed aloud, trying to figure another way out of her situation. She didn't like this, this feeling of not doing anything, especially when she knew there was hell to pay. Those rotten brats thought it would be fun to go out and rebel against the Grimms by killing humans, and all without her!

Lilith shook her head.
"No..." She whispered, trying to suppress her inner desires. She'd long ago accepted her most deepest feelings and greed toward human blood and her lust for killing was sometimes overwhelming. It weakened her, and she didn't like the feeling of weakness. It reminded her to much of her past, back in the small trailer home with one of her mother's boyfriends beating her up over a silly argument over a cigarette packet.

At the same time, it strengthened her, when she accepted it and didn't choke it down anyway. Lilith
remembered the night of her 14th birthday when her step father and her mother were arguing abusively, and her step father turned to her and assaulted her. In self defence, and with her anger risen to its peak, Lilith slaughtered them both, with no regrets. She had enjoyed stabbing his broken beer bottle in his body, time and time again, even playing with his cigarette packets and sticking them in his open wounds, all the while he screamed like a little girl. Lilith had loved it, and she realises her guilty pleasure is a gift, yet a curse.

Before she knew it, Lilith was across the town and in the Crypt, a hotel like dorm for the Grim's. The old lady who served as the hotel clerk sat at her desk with a question on her face. Lilith ignored her as she tried to decipher why she had zoned out, again, and was at the Crypt. Was she tired? Yes, but she couldn't sleep at a time like this. Oh, but the blood called out to her like light in the darkness. She gave in to her blood lust and continued up to the dorm room floors where she searched the rooms for those filthy good for nothing rebels.

After about 5 minutes of looking, she finally found the guy that attacked Sam. Even though Sam was still on the top of her investigation/kill list, this boy was her priority if she wanted to quench her thirst. Lilith tightened her grip on her scythe and looked down at the peacefully sleeping, yet bruised up and battered young man with rage.

Why was he so special? Why rebel against the Grim society? They were helping the world! If it wern't for them, no one would find peace in the afterlife, and no one would find the honour in dying for whatever belief or humane cause. The Grims worked for the sake of humanity! Why ruin that beauty? And why, out of all people, attack that slimy little brat Sam? She was hiding something, Lilith was sure of that, but surely it must be an extreme secret to take down somebody twice her size, with nothing less than a few bruises and a busted eye? Lilith had wanted to be the first to teach that chick a lesson, and this loser took her chance away from her.

Lilith hated this boy. She loathed him. She wanted to put him though the same pain and suffering she's been through, maybe even more. He's caused so much trouble for her. And for what? Did he have the same lust as she? No, there were others who had also participated in the rebellion. Did they have the same ideologies? Lilith shook her head. She didn't care anymore. She just wanted to kill every last one of them, starting with this good for nothing loser.

She raised her scythe, and was about to slowly, but precisely and deeply cut off his skin before the boy groaned and slowly opened his eyes to reveal his dark brown eyes. As he did, Lilith felt a kick to the gut of her stomach. A powerful kick, as if she had been drowning and had just been revived via CPR. She took a deep breath, and as she took several steps back from the invisible blow, her senses seemed to sharpen. Even though she had been looking down at the boy with loathing hate, now she saw him as an innocent boy who had been victimised. She remembered now. It wasn't his own will to kill those innocents. He was being controlled. His yellow eyes had proved it, which were not a concerned and confused dark brown. The coldness that had engulfed her body now receded, as well as her lustful feelings of blood and gore.

"Wh- what...?" He groaned, raising his bruised hand to his forehead. "Ow.." He muttered. Unable to respond, Lilith abruptly left in embarrassment and awkwardness. She ran, and as she did she let her cold, hard demeanour slip away. She was about to kill that boy. He may not be totally innocent, but who is now adays? She hadn't killed since her first kills, her parents, and she didn't want to continue ending lives. Not while she was in control. But was she really?

She ran, and ran and ran until the world around her turned into a blur, and didn't stop until she found the sensible sanctuary of the Ghost Gum Tree. She sighed, and leaned against the tree, letting her tears run wild. She hadn't broken since her parent's murder, since her first and only murders. Unbeknownst to the fact that there were 2 other's slowly breaking down behind her. Her soft cries were to loud to hear, her tears blinding her from the truth of the situation as her emotions she'd hid for so long caught up with her.

Sam halted her wandering at the sound of tears coming from behind the nearby tree. Isn't that that really important tree? The Ghast Gum or whatever? She walked around the tree to try to find the source. Oh. Its- Its her. She doesn't see you, you could just walk away... No, going over there will earn you some trust points. Not to mention- Oh hush now about that. She sighed at the bickering of the voices in her head. Oh who am I kidding I'm arguing with myself like a crazy person. Ah well. it works doesn't it? She shrugged and walked over tp Lilith and sat next to her, leaning against the trunk of the tree. She put a hand on the sobbing girls shoulder and spoke soothingly. "Hey, its okay. Shhhhhhh, shhhhhh. Its okay."

Florence clenched his fists tighter as Bram didn't bother to take first hit. The male was panting; yet he had no intense physical exercise. He didn't understand. "How obtuse can you get?" The male had said. "I care about you." God, why did Bram have to make everything so difficult? He wanted to punch the pretty boy's face, he did, but then, he didn't. Not a lot of people cared about Florence. He was a nobody in the of people that will always be better than him. So why the heck did Bram care?

He was going to say something else-- another insult he was considering. The fiery-haired male was leaning on his front toes, ready to pounce, almost, his hands still protecting his face in the defensive position.
Why can't he walk away? Ren pondered into this. Oh man, it was so stupid. He could just punch the guy. Really hard. And it would be all over. But he couldn't. Which Ren thought was stupid. Why can't he call me gay like everyone else and walk away? Why can't he just LEAVE ME ALONE? Ren stood to his spot, his position and posture looking like he was ready to punch.

Bram knew it was pointless to stay there. He wouldn't be subjected to more insults, and from the looks of it, a fist in a few seconds. But he couldn't bring himself to walk away. He was stuck. Stuck debating something that would either end wonderfully (aka he wouldn't get punched) or horribly (he would most likely be knees so hard he wouldn't walk for a few hours). So of course he had to try phase one of his plan... His plan to make amends.

"Why do we always fight anyway" is what he meant to say. Why came out was, "What have I ever done that makes you hate me so much? I don't want to fight you because I don't want to hurt you. If you are really just dying to punch me just do it so we can get this over with."

Henry was at the diner waiting for lana just like he said he would...he wasnt there for the recent series of events..he was busy doing his job as he soon finished and ordered a burger and started sipping from his flask as he sighed and looked at a locket- "lana...where the hell are you....what the hell is going on?"

Ren would be lying if he said he completely knew the full reason on why he disliked - loathed? - the boy so much in front of him. His brain ran through a million retorts, ranging from insults to apologies to nastier insults. He wanted to talk; he wanted to get it over with. Get it over with, Florence told himself, his knuckles whitening as he clenched his fists harder, if possible in his case. His, although not quite long, nails had already been digging into his palms and he knew blood was going to appear soon if he didn't loosen his grip. But he didn't.

Ren, tired of talking about his feelings to Bram, even though it was just a little, brought his left fist back and slammed it hard into Bram's left ribs, aiming to punch him hard enough to knock him to the ground.
"Why do I hate you? The question is, why don't you hate me? I've driven you through so much sh*t, Bram, why aren't you tired of me yet?" Florence then returned to his defensive position, waiting for Bram to make a move. If he could.

Bram grunted as Ren suddenly struck out from his trance-like thoughts, nailing him in the ribs with a well-aimed punch. He stumbled 2 steps back and held his side, testing the skin there. He cringed. Okay, that's going to be a lovely shaded bruise... Before he could think it through, instinct kicked in and he formulated a string of attacks. Get him off balance, a well-aimed shove or kick will do that, and drive him back. The tree will stop him, corner him. See if he really wants a fight. If yes, then-

Bram stopped his thoughts abruptly when Ren shouted at him. It was actually more of a hiss, like rain on a hot sidewalk. "Why do I hate you? The question is, why don't you hate me? I've driven you through so much sh*t, Bram, why aren't you tired of me yet?" Why don't I hate you yet...? Bram scrapped his original plan and merely swatted Ren's hand from protecting his chest and face to grab his collar. "Why don't I hate you? Piece it together, Babe, it's not rocket science."

Lilith was to self indulged in her cries to notice anyone approach. Not even Sam. She just stared into blank space, and recounted those precious moments where she killed her parents, and almost killed the boy. It wasn't until Sam showed a sense of kindness by sitting down beside her. Lilith tried to control her sobs, but ignored Sam. She'd already seen her, and there was no going back. Now Sam had something to make Lilith seem weak. At this instance, Lilith was, and she's accepted that. But when Sam placed her hand on Lilith's shoulder in reassurance, and said it was okay and to shh, Lilith suddenly lost the will to cry, as if she had no more tears to cry and sat there, as still as a statue.

She wasn't thinking, but she wasn't not thinking either. It was like a calmness had overwhelmed Lilith. She just stared out into space until something snapped inside her. She abruptly stood up, grabbed her black and red scythe and left, with no words being said and without a second glance back. She wasn't in the mood to talk, and she wasn't sure if she felt grateful for the unusual sense of reassurance. Lilith didn't know what kindness was, and right now she felt even more confused and frightened than before.

As she left the Ghost Gum, she couldn't even here the commotion and argument between two fellow Grims, two boys who were to scared to accept their feelings, much like Lilith.

Sam was... confused. This was not what usually happened. Usually they either leaned into her comfort and spilled their guts out and they leave trusting her more, or they punch her. If she was honest, the second option was always more fun than the first. But this was... different. Why had she suddenly stiffened and stood up? When she had gabbed her scythe Sam almost thought it was going to be a number two after all, but no she had walked off. Suddenly bored with the predicament she turned her attention to the havoc behind her. Will they just kiss already? Geez. This is going nowhere. Going... where is she going anyways? Only one way to find out... She smirked and stood up, using her scythe as an aid, and began following Lilith at a very safe distance.

Lilith didn't know where to go. In a sense, she just let her legs walk, anywhere but from the company of the living. In response to her deepest feelings of confusion and fear, her legs took her to the Morgue, which was just a fancy word for Croak's cemetery. Where all the Grimm's lay who have lost their lives either doing their surface, or just old age.

Once she entered the cemetery, she felt more calm and focused than before. It was if she let her past had gotten the best of her, and now she just needed to find that neutral zone again. She sighed and sat on a random tomb stone, a rather old one, considering the name had been weathered away. That unnamed guy probably didn't have go to through the shit she's been going through.

Oh, if only people found out of her lustful feelings toward killing. It was as if a young teenager was a pleasure addict, if you know what I mean. Not fun to find out your daughter is a shank, but in Lilith's case ... the feeling of killing some one overwhelmed her, much like it did earlier. Oh god... Lilith sighed and took a deep breath. She was over it now, she was accepting the fact that she almost killed a guy... again. But when would this end? Maybe not even till after she's dead.

From the corner of her eye, she thought she saw a movement from the entrance of the Morgue. Lilith would have stood and check who was there, but she couldn't have been bothered. Right now she just wanted to get a bit of fresh air and chill, until the pressing matters are discussed, like the weirdness of the controlled, rioting kids.

Thinking back to those kids... they they kill the children in the school? If they did, unwillingly of course, but if they did, they probably felt as bad as Lilith did, considering if they remembered anything about it. Lilith wasn't technically alone, not really. Then there was another shuffle in the bushes across the green. Now she defiantly wasn't alone. Although, she wasn't going to run away. She'll stay and figure out what the hell is going on, and if it's Sam wanting to know why Lilith had broken down, Lilith might really consider telling her. Maybe...

As Sam reached the graveyard, she couldn't help but wonder. What was all of that about? I mean Lilith seems like the type to keep from crying at all costs, so why? She darted across the graveyard too a bush, fairly gracefully, a difficult feat while holding a scythe. She attempted to sit without making a noise and failed, making a small rustle. From what Sam had gathered from these people anyone of them, even one in some strange state of greif, could hear that small sound from across a graveyard. 
"Sh**"

Now Lilith confirmed the soft curse was in fact Sam. Lilith tried to ignore her, but then gave up. She'd tried to ignore Sam from the very beginning, and where did it get her?

"What the hell do you want, Sam?" She asked, trying to keep a sense of authoritative tone. She knew it wouldn't matter, considering she'd already broken down in front of Sam, but it helped hid her raspy voice from crying. She wiped her wet cheeks and stood, at the same time gripping her black and red scythe. Lilith decided to approach this head on, like she did everything else.

Sam stood up slowly and faced Lilith, a look of only half forced embarrassment on her face. "Uh..." This isn't gonna end well. "I would like to know whats wrong?" She stated, but the way she said it it sounded more like a question. Not the most solid fake-out, but it'l work. Sam stepped towards Lilith so that there was no longer a bush in between them and looked her in the eyes, before averting them, looking down at the ground. She noticed that Lilith was trying to act tough even though she had just been caught bawling he eyes out, which she seemed to read as a criminal offense. Sam could respect that.

[//inhales sharply I AM SO FREAKING SORRY. I DIDN'T MEAN IT. I SWEAR.]

Florence let his arms hang to his side as he scrunched up his nose. He didn't know whether or not to cry. He had been on the edge of the cliff many times before, and he always managed to fall off at the worst moments in time. Ren slipped his right hand into his pocket, calmly, gently, as if not to break something inside of him as he slithered his arm into his pocket. He hadn't been wearing his glasses, he had only realised that a few seconds ago because of the reason that he thought Bram was going to break them - thus he brought out (and thought about) the thin-glassed spectacles. Ren calmly slipped them on, his anger before residing into a black nothingness that consumed his thoughts and actions. His breathing was calm, evenly paced, and he currently stared at Bram with a dead look in his eyes, much like the dead bodies they had found on the ground a few moments before the fight between them ensued.

Unsure of what to do next, Ren sucked in a breath though his teeth. It was a cold breath, that made him shiver a little.
"I don't care if it's not rocket science, brat," Florence replied calmly, Bram's grip not tight enough to limit his moving. He drove a hard kick into the back of Bram's knee, hopefully enough to let him fall, and wiggled out of his grasp. Following his actions, Ren began to wander somewhere away from the other male.

(('eyyyyy, you're alive! And your name's changed. Huh, cool. Well, no need to apologize. Seems we all kinda took a break from Grim.))

Bram went quiet as Ren's anger seemed to disappear behind a blank mask of indifference. He slowly fetched his glasses from his pocket, not once breaking eye contact with Bram. He could almost see his barriers going up again, emotion slowly draining away from his bright eyes. Bram loosened his grip, sighing. Crap, I f---ed up. He's gone.

"
I don't care if it's not rocket science, brat," Ren said in a blank tone, staring at him with eyes deader than those of the children from the massacre. A sharp kick to his leg made him fall to his knees and he lost the rest of his grip as Ren brushed him off. Ren then walked away without further comment. Bram watched his back and closed his eyes when it became too hard to do. "Whatever I did... I'm sorry, Ren. I don't know why you to hate me... Whatever it is I did, I'll leave you alone." He got up and summoned his scythe, using it like a crutch. The kick he received from Ren ached. He didn't expect Ren to have heard any of that, but it felt better to just say it. He shook his head and limped up to the Ghost Gum, leaning heavily against the wood. D-mnit.

[Tis all good, Mate :) I was gone for a while too. ]

Lilith rolled her eyes and sighed. Should she tell Sam? She had no reason to. What had she ever done for her? Yes, her reassurance was humane, but her lack of past and mysteriousness towards who Sam really was, was concerning. Lilith decided she'd use this as an opportunity to set things straight, like how she had recognised 2 lost boys behind the Ghost Gum that were to stubborn to see the truth of what was right in front of them. Lilith sighed once more and nodded. Respect was the most deadliest weapon, yet the most beautiful. "You want to know? I want to know about you. If we're to be Grimms together, we need to be honest with each other. Besides, we need to keep close. There aren't very many female Grimms out and about." Lilith proposed. 'Keep your friends close, but your enemies closer' she thought. 'If it ever came to that...'

((yeah. We all just sorta... Disappeared for a time.))

Sam thought about it. Its a fair deal. But then- Oh shut up. She obviously has some sort of dark past. Pretty much everyone here does. So lets just... go with it. She sighed and looked around. "Fine. But only-" She looked Lilith dead in the eye. "If you swear to be honest. I have surprisingly good skills of deduction, so I will be able to tell." She smiled slightly and sat down on a headstone, waiting for her answer. No matter what happens, this will be interesting. This girl seems like a very interesting person. And like a potentially dangerous enemy. We best keep her on our good side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back