• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Grim and Grimmer

Bram fell back to stand beside Nolan and glanced at him. The strange deaths, the sudden attacks by the newb's... It was all stacking up to be a very odd day and it was hardly 7 am.

Bram leaned against the wall and rubbed his eyes. It was waaay to early for this BS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lilith slightly nodded, acknowledging Ren's statement was true. Then the scream, the scream that stopped her heart and scrambled her thoughts.

Lilith quickly turned, recognising that scream to be Sam's. But what she saw just confused her even more, and instead of settling herself, she grew even more on edge. Sam had completely taken out her attacker, and with swift, expertly experienced style, although her eye was horribly swollen and bruised, obscuring her right line of sight.

Lilith was to preoccupied with identifying the culprit to actually asses Sam's work. Her priority was the culprit who attacked her. Even if she wouldn't ever admit it, she actually cared for Sam. All Grims in fact. They were all similar to her, otherwise she wouldn't be a Grim. They all had gone through horrible pasts, and she understood that, even if she wouldn't let her past go.

Back to the attacker, he was in fact a newbie, with an orangutang orange coloured scythe that looked rather small compared to the others. Maybe it was to suit himself, considering he was shorter than most, but very muscular and intimidating with a unibrow and very harsh, sharp facial features with his long, diamond shaped face which accented his butt chin, large eyes and relatively small nose. He definitely wasn't handsome, but not disgustingly ugly.

Lilith's thoughts drifted as her inner most feelings caved a way through and left Lilith thinking, and enjoying fantasies about torturing this guy.

But Sam had asked if someone would help her, pulling Lilith out of her disturbing thoughts. But Zak had reacted faster, and attended her.

All the while Bram was attacked by another. Confused, yet curious and determined to find out what just happened, with a mix of anger she grabbed the nearest newbie that was just about to attack her with his scythe, while at the same time knocking out his scythe that clattered to the floor with a bang.

She grabbed him by his shirt and thrust him up against the school wall, disrupting some posters and bulletins in the process. As he dangled by his neck in which she was pressing down on, she asked furiously.
"What the hell!? The fuck you think you are? Fucking answer me you shitty bitch!"

Before she knew what was happening, things were getting under control, and Zak and Mary ordered everyone back to Croak. She frowned, wanting to know more about these deaths and the newbies who thought they would attack someone like her. She laughed inwardly. They did not know her, and she didn't think they wanted to see her angry self.

Collecting his thoughts together, Ren whipped around and started sprinting towards the others. Things had already been handled, and he had just stood there like a wuss, but he didn't let that bother him for the moment. Attempting to avoid everyone's gaze, Ren bent down and helped Nolan pick up the dropped scythes, the lump in his throat stopping him from talking and the balls of water forming at the sides of his eyes making it hard to see where all the scythes were. Almost tripping over a body, Florence placed his glasses back on and quickly wiped the tears away.

Seeing Ren practically trip over a body, Bram was about to call him out and tease him. But seeing his tears stopped him. Why? He didn't know. It was probably because he felt bad for him. He forgot that other people took death more grimly than him, especially mass murders. Bram sighed and fished out a Kleenex tissue packet from his pant pocket and walked over to him as if he was passing. He tucked the packet in Ren's back pocket and walked away before Ren could scream at him for "grabbing his a**". Yeah thank me later. After walking for awhile, he swung his scythe down and stepped through the rift he had made.

He leaned back against the Ghost Gum tree when he reached the field and sighed, tucking away his scythe. Need... Coffee... Ugh

"Oh yeah I'm sure I'll be just fine. I mean I'll be blind in one eye and have basically no depth perception, but yeah it'll be great." Sam was unable to keep the venomous remark to herself. Oh good you can think clearly enough to be an a** now. Great. Just so you know, your disguise is in tatters. Not that it really matters.

The boy was chocking, and was unable to answer due to her hand blocking his windpipe. She sighed and let him go, letting Zak handle him. 'Damn... what's going on?' She asked herself, thinking back to her suspicion of the rogue Grims. But Sam's performance was still bugging her. Someone as petite and naive couldn't have taken down a guy twice her size... not if you were a complete newbie. There was something she wasn't admitting to.. something she wasn't telling anyone, and Lilith wanted to know.

But first, she needed to change her tactic. Her head on one wasn't working, so instead Lilith thought gaining Sam's trust would suffice.

She approached Sam who was still attending to her wounds. She had heard her remark and couldn't hide her smirk. "You kicked ass today, nice job" She complimented in honesty. In truth, she had taken the guy down beautifully, but the fact that she did was confusing and detrimental. Lilith would know; she's a confusing and detrimental person.

"Uh- thanks. I don't really know what happened. It was sort of a split second thing." She wasn't sure about keeping her disguise up, but what she was sure of was that she did not trust this girl in the slightest. Whatever she's trying to do, go along with it. Friends close enemies closer, remember?

Lilith slightly frowned. Your going along with it huh? Smart move... To smart actually. Lilith sighed, nodded and remarked, "everyone's heading back. As much as I would love to stay and analyses the bodies, I wanna see what shit those newbs are gonna get into for jacking up your eye" Lilith turned away and sliced her scythe across the still space in front of her, creating the rift between space. Damn she better feel special enough to let her guard down soon... "TTYL newb" she muttered as she stepped through back to Croack. Now I need to find Bram... I need to find out what he knows about all this crap.

"Uh- okay! See you later." She watched her step through her rip scythe thing back to croak then muttered "Twat." under her breath. She walked over to her own scythe and picked it up from where she had dropped it. She created her own rip and went back to croak. And, despite everything that had happened that day, all of the pain, confusion, and hardship, Sam smiled. This is going to be interesting.

Bram glanced up from watching a worm wiggle around in the dirt as he heard someone step into the Field. It was Lilith. He stood up taller and tucked his hands in his pockets. " 'ey, Sweetheart, over here."

With a quick swipe of his scythe, Zak created a tear and nodded toward it. "Everyone who's left, jump in." That said, he went in himself. Mary and Nolan followed.

Back in the Field, Nolan looked around to see who was there already. He seemed to have calmed down significantly from the earlier shock, and now his mind was racing as he thought about the events. "I'll go tell Lara what happened." he informed Zak, handing over the scythe and walking away from the field. She would have to be told as soon as possible, and the short walk would give him more time to think anyway.

Ren slowly stood up, silently walking towards the rift Zak created. He was surprised Bram didn't call him out for crying, and even more surprised when he tucked a a tissue in his back pocket. Florence reached for it and took it out of his pocket, bringing it towards him to blow his nose. "Bram, you idiot," Ren chuckled under his breath, momentarily forgetting about all the dead bodies he had just witnessed. Not wanting to head over to Bram and Lillith, and wanting to avoid an awkward conversation with Nolan or Zak, Ren decided to catch up to the newbie, Sam, and try and get some answer out of her. "First time seeing a massacre?" The male croaked out, crossing his arms over his chest.

Just as she entered the foggy, damp field Lilith spotted Bram leaning against a tree looking down at the ground as if he was thinking about something. As he looked up, she nodded with a small smile and walked over to him. She didn't like him calling her sweetheart 'to many painful memories' but her determination to figure out what the hell just happened kept her mouth shut from insulting him.

"Tell me what's up." she demanded, desperately wanting to find out why children were killed by the same people that were supposed to deliver them from evil... or well the nothingness of the afterlife.

"Well hello to you too," Bram muttered wryly. He sighed and averted his eyes. Did she expect him to know what was going on just because of being there for longer? Well, he did know vaguely what this was about, the murders and the attacks were clearly pointing to one answer. "Why should I tell you anything?"

She sighed, sensing his coldness and shrugged. She didn't know how to answer this. Honestly, she never knew how to approach situations. She always did what she was in the mood for, or whatever popped up in her head the fastest. Now, seeing as how conversations with Bram always end on a sour note, she decided to try something different for a change, much like how she managed her brief discussion with Sam before she left.

"I don't know. I just thought ... you're the only one I trust right now"

It was true. She did trust Bram, and it probably explains why she never actually stops talking to him. She may give him the cold shoulder every once and a while, and perhaps every conversation they discuss is full of snarky remarks. She after all was a very complicated person.

Bram was surprised by Lilith's sudden softness. He sighed, realizing how "a**holish" he must've sounded.

"Sorry, Lil," He said, lifting his eyes to watch her. "Glad you trust me though..." he debated actually telling her before sighing again. "Rebellion. It's a rebellion."

Ren huffed a little, glancing at the newbie. They seemed to be a good three years apart in age, and Ren was having a hard time looking at her in the face. He almost felt like squatting and then going to talk to her, but that was look and feel insanely awkward. "Yeah, it's pretty horrible," Ren huffed out, turning his head back to look in front of them. Although the bad situation, Florence smirked a little and ran his thumb across the blade of his scythe. "You scared, newbie?"

Lilith looked up at his apology in surprise. She didn't think he'd let his guard down so easily. Did he really mean it? And what's with the nickname? She didn't know what to feel about it. She'd always wanted a nickname, to feel as if she was wanted. But her past kept her from truly enjoying it.

Although what took her most by surprise was his conclusion. "A rebellion?!....." She repeated thoughtfully. It made sense. Those Grim newbs probably wernt newbie war all, not with the way they tried to attack every one else. If they had killed those kids, was it a message to the Reaping World?

"Why don't you scream that even louder?" Bram drawled sarcastically, rolling his eyes. "Besides, I can't be 100% certain. It's just an assumption based on an event from years back. Don't worry about it, last time it only was one Grim."

"It might still be just one Grim." Zak muttered, shifting the unconscious boy in his arm. Although he wasn't facing them, it was clear that he knew they could hear. "Someone was controlling them. I could tell by their eyes."

Lilith rolled her eyes, thinking his remark was stupid because she didn't repeat it THAT loud enough for people to hear.

Bram also mentioned a similar thing occurring a few years ago, although with one Grimm. She frowned. She wasn't aware of that knowledge, and it intrigued her even more. If something happened like this earlier on, then it was sure to happen in the future, no matter how many assailants there are.

Although, from across the dense foggy field, she heard Zak state it wasn't the newbies fault. Or, rather they were not in control of their actions. There unusual yellow eyes proved it.

Lilith frowned. Who would be powerful enough to control newbie Grims to go on a massive killing spree, then attack experienced Grims? What do they have against the innocent and the grim? Who would be that stupid, yet extravagant to conduct this plan?

What would be the right answer? If you say no, he would either see you as tougher or as a liar, which you are, but if you say yes he will see you as weak yet truthful, which you aren't. If she was being honest, she wasn't sure what she felt about the murders. Sure, there were a bunch of kids with sharp weapons who want to kill a bung of people but for some reason that didn't seem like a huge problem. Ah well, when in doubt, lie. She forced herself to blush and smiled sheepishly. "Well maybe a little bit."

Bram noticed that Lilith seemed zoned out in thought as she processed what he had told her. He sighed. "Again, I can't be certain. It's just a guess."

Mary headed over to Sam. "Sorry to interrupt you, but I really think you should head over to the infirmary." she insisted worriedly.

Zak glanced around. "What's taking Nolan so damn long...?" he muttered, and then sighed before turning to the others. "I'm going to go put this guy in his bedroom in the Crypt. Someone grab the other kid." He stated before heading away from the Field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back