• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Greystone Manor -open-

copacetic

un cœur tranquille
*roomate applications needed!!!*

[div class=container][div class=bigimage][div class=img1][/div][div class=img2 style=display:none;][/div][div class=img3 style=display:none;][/div][div class=img4 style=display:none;][/div][/div][div class=header][div class=hname]greystone manor[/div]
memento mori

[div class=tag]CS[/div][div class=tag]OOC[/div][div class=tag]MAIN[/div][/div]
[div class=tabcon][div class=tab1 style=display:none][div class=appearance][div class=scroll][div class=bigtext]background[/div]
The Wheeler family changed the moment their grandmother, Florence, passed on. Their caretaker and mentor had left the three siblings alone, with more responsibility than they could ever imagine. The Wheeler's were no stranger to death; in fact, most of their lives have been surrounded by it. After their parents were killed in an accident when they were young, they were sent to live with her grandmother. Their upbringing was a bit unconventional, but normal enough. Well, as normal as growing up in a haunted mansion could be.

They were never truly alone before, always having their grandmother. Not to mention the various spirits that lived with them. The family was unique in the fact that they could see ghosts wherever they went. This ability went back generations in their family. Their grandmother said her goodbyes after she had passed away and moved on. She didn't want to stay behind because she already lived her life and was ready to move on. Their grandmother seemed to think they are ready for all of this new responsibility. The siblings ran the idea of renting out rooms past their friends and with positive results. The house is set far back on a large piece of property in a small town outside of Hartford, Connecticut. On the grounds there is a carriage house that had been converted into a garage, now-empty stables, and a private burial ground (which has been expanded as the years went on).

Now, the siblings are left to take care of the house by themselves. For the first time, they outsiders to live in the house with her (and the many spirits who also reside there). The siblings offered their friends considerably lower rent than they would find elsewhere. Their friends do not believe in ghosts, but will that change after they move in? The siblings are nervous to let their friends into their home, a part of their life that has always been private. They were not intentionally keeping it from them, it was just easier than trying to explain away all the ghosts that also occupied the home. The ghosts could range from being invisible, translucent, or as solid as a living person, depending on what they wanted. They could also show how they looked when they died, which could be quite gruesome, or how they appeared when they were living. The siblings are terrified that their friends would freak out if they knew the house was haunted, so they're going to try their best to keep them oblivious. This is going to go well.
[/div][/div]

[/div][div class=tab2][div class=scroll][div class=bigtext2]Rules[/div]
- This is not first come, first serve. This must means that you are only applying for a role and I will accept characters I think are best suited for the RP
- Please post at least once a week and posts should be at least two good paragraphs
- All RPN rules apply!
- Max. 3 characters per person
- Ghosts must have died after 1824 and before 1967
- Realistic faceclaims only
- Romance is not required
- Discord will be used for OOC once the RP starts

[/div][/div][div class=tab3 style=display:none][div class=scroll][div class=bigtext]roles[/div]
Oldest Wheeler // 22 // TAKEN
Wheeler Two // 20 // OPEN
Wheeler Three // 18 // OPEN
Friend One // (18-23) // OPEN
Friend Two // (18-23) // OPEN
Friend Three // (18-23) // OPEN
UNLIMITED NUMBER OF GHOSTS OPEN

[/div][/div][div class=tab4 style=display:none][div class=combat][div class=scroll][div class=bigtext2]House[/div]
The house was built in the time between the end of the Revolutionary War and the beginning of the Civil War by a wealthy banker, Samuel Greystone. He purchased a large lot of land that had previously been untouched. Unbeknownst to him, that plot of land was on a rift between the living world and the afterlife. This rift attracted death. Greystone Manor has been home to many accidents, illnesses, suicides, and a murder or two. The wall between life and death was so thin here, even those who are not sensitive to the supernatural can see the spirits who chose to stay there. The first of those spirits was Samuel's sister, Eleanor. She and her young daughter moved in shortly after her husband had died. She was rushing down the stairs after her daughter started crying. Her dress caught on the bannister and caused her to fall and break her neck. Samuel, unable to cope with the glimpses of Eleanor, moved his family to his summer home and sold Greystone Manor. After that, Greystone Manor changed hands quite often. Its reputation for death was overshadowed by the reputation for grand parties, beautiful balls, events of the year. These events were always looked forward to, bringing in large crowds. However, many guests became residents. Those who died in the house, stayed if they had unfinished business, and many did as their deaths were always untimely. The reputation for death began to catch up to the house in the 1940s, when the final owners, before Florence and her husband, abandoned the house. Florence and Richard purchased the home in 1969 and proceeded to restore it to its former glory. There are hundreds of ghosts in the home, some more active and social than others. None are evil, but some are more angry or mischievous than others.

[div class=bigtext2]Ghosts[/div]
Generally, ghosts go unseen by the average human, though in places where there is a rift between the living and the dead, they can be visible. Since the house is on a powerful rift, they appear to be just like any human. They can be seen, heard, and touched if they would like. They do have the ability to go unseen, to appear living, or to appear as they did when they died (injuries, pale, wet, dry, etc.) While they look like normal humans, they are physically cool to the touch. They are able to leave the grounds of the mansion, however they need to be "tethered" to a person. This is only temporary since it does drain energy from whoever the ghost is tethered to. If they are tethered too long, the human will pass out and the ghost will be sent back to the mansion. Consent is not necessary for tethering, but it is encouraged since the human will likely feel something affecting their energy. They can physically interact with objects, however they can phase through objects as well. This corresponds with the state they are in. If they are visible, they can touch things; if they are not visible, they cannot. Being visible comes at a price. It is taxing for spirits to be solid and when they are too drained they will return to being invisible.

[div class=bigtext2]Humans[/div]
Humans cannot see ghosts and as far as science goes, ghosts do not exist. Of course there are a few special humans who are more sensitive to spirits who are able to see them, but it is rare and usually runs in families. It is not uncommon for the ability to skip generations, but there are times where every member of the family has the ability. Specifically, NONE of the humans who come to live at the manor know ghosts exist. The friends DO NOT believe in ghosts, none of them know that the house is haunted, they do not know that the family has the ability to see spirits, and they do not know for a fact that ghosts exist

[/div][/div]

[/div]
[/div][div class=buttoncon][div class=button1]background[/div][div class=button2]rules[/div][div class=button3]roles[/div][div class=button4]lore[/div]

[/div]

⠀♡coded by uxie♡
[/div]

[class=container] --img-1: url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/c0/f2/d6/c0f2d6654e469f545b0c91a9d49315b3.jpg'); --img-2: url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a5/d1/c0/a5d1c03f60f81c5c1e7e27fe69299b76.jpg'); --img-3: url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/79/1b/0a/791b0ad62f068c4d58e72e86c132b031.jpg'); --img-4: url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/bf/ac/0b/bfac0b84c9509fcda206857e9fecae4f.jpg'); --img-5: url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/a9/f4/cc/a9f4cc015c52a3d8cb91e435d0d2259e.jpg'); --img-6: url('https://i.pinimg.com/564x/41/ed/21/41ed21a882fdd9b3e279ccf963914b22.jpg'); --bg-color:#EDE6D7; --color-1:#644145; --color-2: #2E193A; --color-3:#1C513A; --color-4: #644145; --color-5: #EDE6D7; --bcolor-1: #312C32; --bcolor-2:#995E4E; --bcolor-3: #1C4259; --bcolor-4: #6E9495; --btcolor-1:#E9EDD5; --tcolor-1: #E9EDD5; --tcolor-2: #E9EDD5; height:360px; width:390px; margin:auto; padding:10px; background-color: var(--bg-color); position:relative; [/class] [class=bigimage] height:125px; width:125px; border:1px solid var(--color-1); float:left; position:relative; padding:5px; [/class] [class=img1] height:125px; width:125px; background: var(--img-1); background-size:100%; position:absolute; [/class] [class=img2] height:125px; width:125px; background: var(--img-2); background-size:100%; position:absolute; [/class] [class=img3] height:125px; width:125px; background: var(--img-3); background-size:100%; position:absolute; [/class] [class=img4] height:125px; width:125px; background: var(--img-4); background-size:100%; position:absolute; [/class] [class=header] height:70px; width:243px; background-color: var(--color-2); float:left; margin-left:10px; [/class] [class=hname] color: white; margin-left:10px; position:relative; top:-2px; text-shadow:1.5px 1.5px var(--bg-color); font-variant: small-caps; font-size:28px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1.5px; display:inline-block; [/class] [class=tag] height:17px; min-width:10px; font-size:10px; background-color: var(--color-3); color: var(--bg-color); display:inline-block; padding-right:3px; padding-left:3px; padding-top:2px; text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:0.5px; margin-left:6px; position:relative; top:-5px; [/class] [class=buttoncon] height:110px; width:125px; padding:5px; border:1px solid var(--color-1); margin-top:123px; [/class] [class=button1] height:25px; width:125px; background-color: var(--bcolor-1); color: var(--bg-color); font-size:15px; font-variant:small-caps; text-align:center; letter-spacing:1.5px; font-weight:400; margin-bottom:2.5px; transition:0.3s; [/class] [class name=button1 state=hover] background-color: var(--color-2); color: var(--bcolor-1); cursor:pointer; transition:0.3s; [/class] [script class=button1 on=click] hide img2 hide img3 hide img4 hide tab2 hide tab3 hide tab4 show img1 show tab1 [/script] [class=button2] height:25px; width:125px; background-color: var(--bcolor-2); color: var(--btcolor-1); font-size:15px; font-variant:small-caps; text-align:center; letter-spacing:1.5px; font-weight:400; margin-bottom:2.5px; transition:0.3s; [/class] [class name=button2 state=hover] background-color: var(--color-2); color: var(--bcolor-2); cursor:pointer; transition:0.3s; [/class] [script class=button2 on=click] hide img1 hide img3 hide img4 hide tab1 hide tab3 hide tab4 show img2 show tab2 [/script] [class=button3] height:25px; width:125px; background-color: var(--bcolor-3); color: var(--bg-color); font-size:15px; font-variant:small-caps; text-align:center; letter-spacing:1.5px; font-weight:400; margin-bottom:2.5px; transition:0.3s; [/class] [class name=button3 state=hover] background-color: var(--color-2); color: var(--bcolor-3); cursor:pointer; transition:0.3s; [/class] [script class=button3 on=click] hide img2 hide img1 hide img4 hide tab2 hide tab1 hide tab4 show img3 show tab3 [/script] [class=button4] height:25px; width:125px; background-color: var(--bcolor-4); color: var(--btcolor-1); font-size:15px; font-variant:small-caps; text-align:center; letter-spacing:1.5px; font-weight:400; margin-bottom:2.5px; transition:0.3s; [/class] [class name=button4 state=hover] background-color: var(--color-2); color: var(--bcolor-4); cursor:pointer; transition:0.3s; [/class] [script class=button4 on=click] hide img2 hide img3 hide img1 hide tab2 hide tab3 hide tab1 show img4 show tab4 [/script] [class=tabcon] height:270px; width:245px; position:relative; left:3px; float:right; margin-top: 10px; [/class] [class=scroll] height: 100%; width:100%; overflow-y:scroll; padding-right:150px; [/class] [class=bigtext] font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; display:inline-block; background-color: var(--color-3); padding-left:3px; padding-right:3px; color: var(--color-5); text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:0.8px; margin-bottom:3px; margin-top:3px; text-align:center; [/class] [class=bigtext2] font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; display:inline-block; background-color: var(--bcolor-2); padding-left:3px; padding-right:3px; color: var(--bcolor-3); text-transform:uppercase; letter-spacing:0.8px; margin-bottom:3px; margin-top:3px; text-align:center; [/class] [class=tab1] height:270px; width:240px; position:absolute; font-size:10px; [/class] [class=appearance] height:190px; width:233px; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; background-color: var(--bcolor-2); font-size: 10px; color: var(--tcolor-1); text-align:justify; [/class] [class=tab2] height:260px; width:230px; position:absolute; font-size:10px; background-color: var(--bcolor-3); overflow:hidden; padding:5px; color: var(--tcolor-2); text-align:justify; [/class] [class=tab3] height:260px; width:230px; position:absolute; font-size:10px; background-color: var(--bcolor-4); overflow:hidden; padding:5px; color: var(--tcolor-2); text-align:justify; [/class] [class=combat] height:190px; width:233px; padding:5px; overflow:hidden; background-color: var(--bcolor-1); font-size: 10px; color: var(--tcolor-2); text-align:justify; [/class]​

Last edited:
Oooo, this seems very interesting. Possibly gonna apply for a ghost spot and/or a human!

Oooo ghosts sound so good lol. I'd love to maybe play a couple, but I'll have to wait to check out how the group interacts and also see if my other rps will destroy me if I do lol.

I'm interested in applying as a ghost, but I have a question- did all of the ghosts necessarily die in Greystone Manor? Or could ghosts have been "drawn in" from the surrounding area?

I'm interested in applying as a ghost, but I have a question- did all of the ghosts necessarily die in Greystone Manor? Or could ghosts have been "drawn in" from the surrounding area?
Omg all my friends are rolling in YAS

good question! i think most would have died on the property but i'm open to a small radius around the property as well. not too far, but yeah they can be from the surrounding area

good question! i think most would have died on the property but i'm open to a small radius around the property as well. not too far, but yeah they can be from the surrounding area
Makes sense to me. I'll have a CS together soon- thank you! :closed eyes open smile:

forgot to mention that the deadline for applications is tuesday, december 10th! if you are accepted, i will dm you the discord link!

bump! definitely looking for people to apply for humans as we have a few ghosts at the moment (though feel free to make more than one character)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back