• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Grand Seekers - A Treasure Hunting MMORPG OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Fluxbauble

Please feel free to discuss the roleplay here. I'll also be posting updates regarding the RP on here as well so please be sure to read those when you can.

So when creating our characters, should we make a distinction between their identities inside and outside of the game?

So when creating our characters, should we make a distinction between their identities inside and outside of the game?
For the most part no. The only time you'll be referencing the real world (hopefully) is when you're entering the DIVE pod and being expelled from the DIVE pod when your avatar dies.

I saw you mentioned stats in the interest check
Is this still something in consideration? In which case are we going to be treating this more like a number a game during battles? Part of me likes that concept alot.

EDIT: After reading the Character thread I realised my question was already answered. My apologies.

Last edited:
Cool cool! Looking at the character thread has already gotten my ideas churning

Wait, so from what I'm reading every thing is based off your skill and weapon? So there isn't a traditional class system, but instead on simply based on the mix you be made?

Well I haven't finished working on the CS stuff just yet. I still am working on skills. It shouldn't be too much longer though. But with that in mind I'm gonna open the flood gates and start allowing everyone to build their characters now. Just make sure you all read everything and you calculate your stats properly. You all start at level 5 so you should have 20 stat points to start with plus an additional 8 points (2 per level up) and you also gain your affinity stat boosts as well when leveling up so that should be an additional 4 points to 2 specific stats. It's a bit of a math hammer at first I know, but I tried my best to simplify it.

Once skills are done please see the 'Lore' page and look up what skills you have access to. It's based on weapon. Also if you have any suggestions to help make it easy to read everything I'm all ears. I'm currently debating if I should the Affinity and Magic and Weapons posts to the Lore page to free up space for characters.
Tsuna Tsuna Kumii Kumii Rose-Chan Rose-Chan SimpleCine SimpleCine Zeebruh Zeebruh Xio Xio SuperHenshin65 SuperHenshin65

Fluxbauble Fluxbauble do you mean all of our stats base are 20 and qe add on top of those?
Also, ive heard of a tabs code and seen it. I could try and grab it for you and you can use it to organize weapon skills in tabs by weapon!

@flauxible do you mean all of our stats base are 20 and qe add on top of those?
Also, ive heard of a tabs code and seen it. I could try and grab it for you and you can use it to organize weapon skills in tabs by weapon!
No you have 20 stat points to spend at level 1. Meaning that you distribute your stats according to your preference. Just not you will need a minimum of 1 stat point allocated to all stats.

question, at level 1 do we automatically already have 1 skill point in each, or do we have to manually use one of our 20 to up it up to 1. Meaning if i were to put all of my skill points into strength (Which i will NOT do btw) then would i have 1 in each of the others or would it actually be 0?

question, at level 1 do we automatically already have 1 skill point in each, or do we have to manually use one of our 20 to up it up to 1. Meaning if i were to put all of my skill points into strength (Which i will NOT do btw) then would i have 1 in each of the others or would it actually be 0?
By that scenario, 0. I made it 20 points since the median stat distribution was 4's across the board at level 1.

Were my calculations right or not?i didnt combine the numners so you could see where i allocated what stat boosts from leveling.

Last edited:
I'll start working on my character immediately! (I'm secretly not playing FFXIV in the background. SO my character may or may not be inspired from that.)

So just write our skills that our weapon gives?
For levels 1 and 3 yes. Since you guys are at 5th level you make up your own skill. I did this for two reasons.
  1. I wanted skills to be unique to each character even if they have the same weapon and affinity. So by allowing you all to do that and so long as I approve them I think this works out for the best.
  2. I didn't want to write up an entire list of skills for every weapon and affinity combination. Lol

Were my calculations right or not?i didnt combine the numners so you could see where i allocated what stat boosts from leveling.
I honestly may have inadvertently made the math confusing. Cause I've calculated it about 5 times and I'm not arriving at the same number of stat points than what I thought you all would have at 5th level. That is an oversight on my part and I apologize. Allow me to explain where my head is at with the numbers. You start with 20 points but you have to invest 1 stat point into each at 1st level. So technically you start with 15 points. Every time you level up you gain 2 stat points. So that should be 8 points in total by 5th level giving you 23 points to spend how you please. Your affinity grants you a stat point to two different stats every time you level up so that should be an additional 4 points to those two particular stats. When I was doing the math I had to assume what your stats were at level 1. and then try and calculate it to see if it added up to 23. I'm getting mixed results.

Can you tell me what your stat distribution was at 1st level? If I eliminate the guess work that might help me find out where I went wrong in my math. Other than that though you just need to come up with a third skill and your character is solid. I'm really excited that you decided on the Sigil Stones for your weapon. I'm actually still fine tuning how combat works and Sigil Stones have an added mechanic so it's been rather fun working on it.

SimpleCine SimpleCine Your stats are fine but I think you're missing the additional stat points you earned for leveling up. If my calculations are correct then you only have the base 20 points I gave you at level 1 plus your Affinity level up points. You also get 2 stat points for every level you earned past 1st so that should be an additional 8 points for you to fiddle around with that can go to any stats. Other than that, just come up with a 3rd skill unique to your character and she's ready once the RP starts.

Kumii Kumii I believe you need to look over the Thunder affinity again. It should be +1 to Strength and +1 to Magic for your affinity level up. Your base stats seem to be in order though so that's good but I think you have the same issue that SimpleCine has and you forgot about your 8 additional stat points for leveling up. These points can be allocated to whatever stats you wish. Once that's done and you finish up the rest of your character (backstory and creating a 3rd skill for 5th level) I will look it over again.

Fluxbauble Fluxbauble
Hmm I just checked my stats again and I’m getting 28 points that I’ve spent. And then the extra +4 in my speed and strength that I have separated with parentheses.

Fluxbauble Fluxbauble
Hmm I just checked my stats again and I’m getting 28 points that I’ve spent. And then the extra +4 in my speed and strength that I have separated with parentheses.
You know what I think I assumed your base stat for strength and speed were 4 instead 8 and I thought the parentheses numbers were what you added to get the total. That's on me I apologize. Now that I see it that way I don't believe there is anything wrong stat wise with your character. Just come up with a 3rd skill like I said and she should be good to go once this gets started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back