• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Grand Seeker (Treasure hunting roleplay interest check)

Fluxbauble

The idea I have for this roleplay is a cross of Code Lyoko, Xiaolin Showdown, and a gear based class system similar to FFXIV. The concept sounds weird but here me out. It might make sense with a bit of context. So the story goes like this:

The latest MMORPG from Wisdom Technologies, Grand Seeker, has just been launched. A full body immersion gaming system, called the DIVE system, is used to play the game. Using a DIVE Pod your mind and body become digitized making the virtual reality a reality. Players will be able to feel every sensation they experience in the game (aside from death of course) meaning zero lag between action and reaction. In the game player characters are referred to as Seekers, treasure hunters capable of wielding incredible powers. The goal of the game is simple. Collect the 100 Sacred Treasures scattered throughout the realms and become the Grand Seeker.

Classes in Grand Seeker work differently from typical MMORPG. Seekers are born with the unique ability to wield any weapon available to them. They are also blessed with an Affinity, or element that they are attuned to upon character creation. All classes are a combination of weapon type and magic used by Seekers.

The types of affinity are: Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Thunder, Ice, Light, Dark
Each affinity along with granting Seekers inherent proficiency in that magic also provides small stat bonuses upon creation and when they level up. (stats will be added later)

The types of weapons available (currently): Swords, axes, spears, staves, tomes, bows, hammers, maces, guns, charms, sigil stones, fist-weapons, tool belt

I have a few more ideas for this in mind, but I wanted to make sure this was enough to get people interested first. If there are any questions regarding any of the information above please feel free to ask.

I'll stay but only because I have a cool character in mind that I hope I can use.

I'm definitely interested in joining, although I've never played an RP with a complex battle system before nor do I have much experience with MMORPGs.

Last edited:
Like in other RPGs, everyone has a class. In MMOs like FFXIV though, they're divided into 3 roles; Tank, Healer, and Damage.

Tanks keep enemies focused on them and have high survivability along with spells that protect themselves and the party They also tend to have techniques that stop the target from using stronger moves.

Healers... Well... Heal people. Other types of support abilities are common too, ranging from domes of protection to increasing attack power. They might have a few attack spells, but overall they do the least damage while having the highest utility.

Damage classes, sometimes just called DPS (Damage Per Second), are all about ending a fight fast. They may have a bit of self-sustain, but for the most part they're the ones doing the killing.

Otherwise it's like any other RPG, save that you have a lot of players and no NPC party members. Classes have a lot of variance, but the core "Holy Trinity" stands. You usually need a party of one part tank, one part healer, and two parts DPS, though some situations may call for a specific class' ability. Of course there is a lot more complexity to it, but it usually boils down to finding your role in a party, use whatever unique abilities your class has to accomplish that role, and work together with your team.

Easy in concept, difficult in execution. Unlike a single player game you can't micro manage every party member, which is half the fun. Designing one is even harder, since you need to balance the classes within a role so that they work differently, are balanced against each other, and are still generalized enough to be useful in most of a game's content. Especially with a two-part class system, which is itself interesting if you plan on keeping the holy trinity. I have no idea how deep you plan on getting into this, but I'll say interesting if for no other reason than I love FFXIV. [/NERDRANT]

Wow I honestly wasn't expecting this much interest lol. I'm glad it has caught peoples attention all the same though. I'm still trying to figure out how to do some things on this website, but I 'should' have the main thread and CS page up sometime today. But please if you all have any questions about how whether or not your character is gonna be able to work or not in the rp, don't hesitate to ask. I'll answer to the best of my abilities while I get set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back