• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gods among us

Eris was pleased and smiled very brightly. "Wonderful!" was all she said before returning to her drawing. She stopped abruptly and tore out the drawing of Athens holding it out for Anubis to take. "I want you to have this... since you haven't been there before," She said hurriedly trying to hide her blush. Her thoughts were racing... Did Aphrodite do this? What are these feelings? WHY AM I FEELING! What is this? Should I kill him? Should I kill someone else? Will that get rid of these feelings? The thoughts raced at an insane speed making her feel rather uncomfortable. She didn't like this mortal body... it made her feel... awkward.

Ullr saw Artemis walk in and sit a few desks over. He opened his book to the first chapter and saw that Quetzalcoatl was a god. "Guys," he said aloud, "our teacher is probably a very scary dude."

Anubis raised his hand to take the picture. It brushed against Eris's hand softly, as he took hold of the picture between two fingers, and brought it back over for him to look at closer. He studied the picture intensely, following each and every line.

"I like it." He said simply, placing two blank pieces of paper and placing the either side of the drawing, making sure to keep it safe.

Eris nearly fell over when Anubis' hand brushed her's, then his compliment and how delicately he took care on keeping the picture safe... she nearly died... if such a thing was possible. He... he... He is amazing! I think he is at least... Her mind would not shut up... Eris completely ignored the Norsemen when he spoke up about their teacher... She cold care less if he was scary... nothing really scared her more than being alone for the rest of eternity... and some of the company Hades kept.

Anubis laid down the drawing carefully on the table, placing it parallel to the top left hand corner of his desk, opposite from his book, and looked over at Eris again, not sure if something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" He asked, simply.

"Yes," she said her voice a bit too high for her liking. "Yes, I am quite alright, thank you though." She said calmly trying to conceal her joy. She turned back to drawing and continued. Her mind was finally calming down and her cheeks had returned to their normal color. A strand of bothersome hair kept falling in front of her eyes and she continued to just push it out of the way. Her eyes shot up and looked about the mostly empty room. She wondered where Hades was and when he would be joining them.

((Gonna be off for a little while. I will be back))

Anubis stared at Eris for a second, his head cocked to the left, eyes squinting slightly. He then returned his expression to it's normal, blank, almost stone like fashion, and looked back down at his book. Reading silently.

Hades entered the room, choosing to sit near Artemis and that blond haired suitor of hers to annoy them further. Yeah, it might be Hermes's sphere to be annoying, but hey, if you've been stuck in the Underworld for hundreds of years, the most fun you'll have is tormenting the dead. He overheard Ullr's comment and he chuckled. "Of course he's scary. He's pretty much the harbinger of the end of times in the Mayan "mythology"." He said to him.

Ullr nodded, "apparently he's also their God of wisdom. Funny apparently they find wisdom in death." Ullr said as he flipped through the pages."

Hades chuckled. "Well, kinda. You see, before the dead are sent to either Elysium, Asphodel or Punishment, the souls of the dead go through judgement. There, their memories are reviewed and studied, judging if they deserve which of the three. Also, those memories are stored somewhere, free to my viewing. That is the reason why I know so much about the different mythologies, because whoever dies in the soil of Greece or any other place where our influence is dominant, are sent to the Underworld." He explained to Ullr. "At least, that's what's happens to our version of Underworld." He saod.

Anubis lifted his gaze a little, seemingly interested in what Hades had to say about his version of the underworld, but didn't say anything. His fingers still flipped softly through the pages of the textbook, though he wasn't actually reading it.

Eris looked up and say that Hades was still trying to somehow ridicule the Norsemen. "Hades, dear uncle you should come back here. I think my friend Anubis is rather interested in all that you have to say." She said speaking softly but plenty loud enough for the God of the Underworld to hear her. She turned to Anubis and smiled before turning back to her drawing and continuing to add more and more details to the poor thing, still not knowing what it would turn out to be.

Freyja arrived to class before looking around, almost as if she was testing her options. They all seemed to be the people from this morning with just a few extra added people to the equation. She sighed as she took a seat at random, not really caring who she sat next to. She played with the chain of her necklace before opening her book. Though they weren't as good as the old books used to be, they could come close in a sense.

"Serendipity..." she murmured as she tested a word from the book.

He heard someone calling to him, and he grinned widely when he saw who it is. "Ah, Eris. It is nice to see you here, although it can be quite unfortunate. Never the less, I'd like to thank you. You have caused more deaths than any god existing." He said to her, partly a serious compliment, the other a snaky remark. "So, it seems you have found a friend, or is he more of a lover?" He asked, looking at the other kid.

Anubis gazed over at Hades, his head cocked to the left, trying to understand where he was going with this conversation, not even sure if the last remark was about him or not. His interest had faded significantly.

Eris blushed profusely at Hades' comment implying that Anubis was a lover, "Hades! You know that isn't so!" She shrieked all the while blushing. Was it that obvious or was Hades just being himself? "Now about all the souls, you are most welcome." She said calming herself down as she changed the subject. "I do try you know... it is an... shall we say, art form" She said pleased by getting a compliment of that magnitude from the God of the Underworld. Choosing to fire back now she sneered, "Where is your lover?" She questioned.

Hades chuckled as Eris's attempt to fluster him. "If you mean Persephone, she's still back there, currently with her mother in Olympus." He said to her. "And clearly Eris, you like this guy. The way you look at him, the way you are flustered whenever someone mentions him. What is the name of this lucky god?" He asked her.

Anubis was still quite confused, and unsure of who this "lucky god" was. He glanced over at Eris, then back to Hades, his eyes squinting a little as he tried to piece the conversation together.

Eris laughed a little trying to brush it off. "Hades this is Anubis an Egyptian Pantheon, and Anubis," She said turning to him, "This is Hades, my uncle and God of the Underworld for the Greeks." She said happily still trying to pass everything off. She smiled at Hades and tried desperately to keep from blushing.

Anubis stopped squinting, and stared directly at Hades for a few seconds, his head finally un-cocked and nodded in approval.

"Hello." He said simply, his expression still as blank as ever.

He smiled, knowing how flustered she is. "Hi, I am Hades, the counter part of Osiris in your mythology." He said to him. He observed him, noticing how bored and uninterested he is. He probably doesn't even know Eris likes him, or that they were talking about him. "So, this must be new for you, is it not?" He asked him.

"It is a new experience, yes." Anubis answered, softly lifting the front cover of the book back over, closing it completely, his gaze still on Hades.

He brushed a few stray strands of hair from his face, and continued staring.

suddenly, the door burst open, and a god appeared, You could mainly tell by the aura of power emanating from him. "I am quetzalcoatl, your teacher. please quiet down and prepare to take some notes, we will be covering greek culture today, as it seems to be the most popular amongst humans.

this will be on the first page as well

New_Quetzalcoatl_by_Rowen_silver.jpg
he hasthe feather hair and the tattoos but wears a suit

Anubis's stare slid from Hades, to the rather powerful god that had just entered the room. Without hesitation, he gently slid out a piece of paper and grabbed his pen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back