• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gods among us

Hades chuckled. "Aw, how sweet. You must have tons of women back there in Asgard." He said to him. "Oh yes, I know about that place. You see, I've also had some vikings in my domain, and they tell riveting tales of you Norse gods." He said to him. "And compassion? Do you really think I know nothing of it?"He said, looking in his eyes. "If I know nothing of it, then I would have let the dead return, to let themn suffer the consequences of being an immortal." He said to him.

"I do not see why you would be a bother." His tone softened slightly, his gaze still on hers, "I am sorry if I come across as bothered. I do not mean to."

Anubis stood still for a few seconds, before blinking and cocking his head.

"Why were you crying earlier?" His tone went blank again.

The temperature around Hades plunged to the point where breathing would give you frostbite in your lungs, if you were mortal at least. "Well then why don't you show among your own folk, you disgust me god of death." A sword of ice formed in his left hand and he was about to attack Hades when a bell rang, and people started flowing into the school. Ullr stopped, and the temperature around him returned to that of a nice fall day. "I'm sorry, it's not like me to something like that." He said as he made the sword disappear. In stunned silence, He started for the school.

Artemis sighed and looked at Hades. "Really? Great first impressions." She grumbled to him, walking past swiftly on her way to class. She hadn't even started school and she was ready to be done with it.

Eris was relieved that she wasn't bothering Anubis. "Thank you." she said in response to his explanation. "I was bothered because that Norseman and Artemis both hate me... I can't say I made the best first impression on him or a nice hello to my darling sister," she said motioning to Artemis and the Norseman with her and Hades. "I just hated being alone and well... not many people like being around the Goddess of Strife and Discord." Eris said plainly. Her position had caused her to lash out at others rather than trying to mend her wounds because that was all she knew how to do... "This mortal body doesn't help with the emotions," she said flatly. Seeing the event between Hades and the boy bothered Eris... she despised the Norseman. The bell rang and Eris looked to Anubis, "Shall we?" she said.

Hades chuckled. "Do you guys feel warm?" He taunted as the temperature dropped. Hades has the uncanny ability of being unfeeling, both figuratively and literally. His skin is numb to sensation, which is both advantageous and disadvantageous. He looked in the eyes of the god as he rushed him, not flinching. He was waiting for him to atack, to give him a reason to hit that cocky young god. He was almost disappointed when the bell rang, sighing in annoyance. He grinned at Artemis. "I could say the same to you." He said, following her inside.

Anubis looked over at the school as the bell rang.

"I think we should. Class is starting." He stated, walking alongside Eris, "I do not understand much about emotions. So I do not really know what to say on the matter. I am sorry about that."

Anubis's head cocked to the side, again, as he walked.

"But if there is anything I can do to help, do not hesitate to ask."

Eris walked with Anubis inside the school building with what seemed to be a small army of mortals. "Thank you Anubis, if you ever need something or what some kind of darker entertainment, please let me know and I will do my best to help." She said letting out a small laugh. Spying Hades not more than a couples steps in front of them she called out, "Uncle!" she causing a few heads to turn but none that were of concern. She wondered if Hades had heard or seen her earlier.

Anubis watched as Eris called out to this Hades person, and didn't want to disturb them. So his gaze moved down to the floor, and he melded into the crowd of people, disappearing amongst the mortals.

He tried to make his way to class, looking around at the numbers above the doors, trying to find the one that matched his schedule.

(Lockers assignment on first page)

(Don't go too far tonight, The first class will start around 8:00 EST)

((If that's the case, I feel I should mention something now. I'm not sure what time I'll be on tomorrow, so Anubis will just sit quietly at the back of the class, if that's okay?))

Ullr pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket, he had found it there this morning and it has his locker number and combination on it, going to his locker, he opened it up, inside were a few books, one titled "magic and shapeshifting", another "tales of your neighbors". The third was titled as "battle strategy". The fourth was "potions and other possible brews" under each one was a label for each class it was for. Taped On the locker door was a schedule and a map. Upon seeing that he had mythic history first, he grabbed "tales of your neighbors and headed to the classroom, following the map. As he left, he saw Artemis, and gave a slight wave before turning the corner. As he walked into the classroom, the word Quetzalcoatl was written on the board. The teacher being nowhere in sight, Ullr sat down in a desk near the center of the room.

Eris grabbed her books and her schedule heading to class, and on the board was a nearly unpronounceable word... she cared little for what it meant if it wasn't some gibberish. Seeing that Norsemen sitting down already she walked over to him not waiting for a response and very hastily said, "Sorry" in a very quiet and sad tone, crossing to the back of the room she sat down gracefully taking her book out and placing in on the top edge of the desk. She took out a pencil and some paper and began to draw. The only images that filled her mind were those of her home... Greece, and the thoughts warmed her a little. She wished she wasn't trapped in this horrid body and she wished to just be home feeling nothing but content. This day was going to be lame and had already started off as much. She didn't care about he class or about anything really. Her mind just wandered off as she drew a landscape on the paper...

Artemis saw Ullr in the hallway and waved back to him, putting her bag in her locker. She grabbed some of her stuff and slammed the locker door, walking towards her first class. She opened the door, seeing Ullr inside along with Eris. She moved a lock of her hair and decided to sit by the windows, loving to look outside during class time instead of paying attention.

Anubis walked with the crowd, noticing some lockers to the left of him, one of which had a number which resembled a number he had on a piece of paper in his pocket, with a code on it. He made his way over to the locker, and low and behold, the code opened the locker. He plucked off his schedule and a map of the school, and took a quick look.

"Mythic History.." He mumbled to himself, sliding "Tales of your Neighbours" from the pile of books.

And with that, Anubis headed to the classroom. His first class.

He peered through the doorway, seeing three other people already seated. One of which he was already acquainted with. He walked slowly through the maze of chairs and desks, and sat in the back.

"Hello, friend." He spoke almost softly, his head cocked to the side slightly as he noticed her drawing.

Eris almost thought it was in her imagination when she heard a voice saying hello friend but alas it wasn't. She snapped her eyes up meeting Anubis as he was standing. "Hello Anubis," she said happily, enjoying that he said friend. Blush filled her cheeks but quickly gave way to their natural color. She smiled and then resumed drawing as he sat next to her... she payed little attention to Artemis, her sister. The drawing was coming along as, one could now make out the old architecture of Ancient Athens, with the sea and the Parthenon standing proudly atop the Acropolis.

Anubis took his seat, placing his book on the table, parallel to the edge of the table, and looked back over at Eris.

"Where is that?" Anubis asked, his head cocked to the side still, his hands working on opening his book without him looking.

Eris let out a small sigh, "Athens, well a couple thousand years ago at least." She said happily adding the last few lines of shading. She thought it was good, and it very well might have been... if it wasn't her who drew it. "A place that long ago was home to me. Though briefly before I was cast out for causing too much intrigue and too many issues. She said a small grin taking its place on her lips... this was to fight the tears in her eyes.

Anubis stared at the picture for a few seconds, blinking only one, seeming to be very interested.

"I have never been to Athens." His tone sounded almost sad, but his expression held like stone, "I have never been to many places in the world."

Eris mused the thought of travel to herself... "Well sometime you will have to go to my homeland with me! I could show you around and give you a nice tour... I am sure my father wouldn't mind too much... of course he pays little attention," at the last part Eris bit her lip. She was surprised he was showing any kind of interest in what she was doing or anything about her at all. She just settled to smile at him and then return to drawing flipping to another page and starting to draw Mount Olympus as she remembered it.

"I do not think I will be able to." Anubis stated simply, looking back over at his book, and slowly flipping through some of the pages, "Once I am finished here, I must return to guiding the deceased to the Underworld. I do not have spare time."

Eris turned to Anubis and frowned. "Well, unfortunately for you I don't really take no for an answer. We Gods have time if we make it. Besides you wouldn't need to stay long, just long enough to see it. Then you could return to your duties... clearly someone else can handle it if you are here." She said flatly continuing to draw not knowing what it was or what it would turn out to be... of course she also didn't understand how she ended up in this body in the first place, she had not willingly done so.

Anubis looked up from his book, and stared at the front of the classroom for a bit. His head cocked from side to side, as if he was thinking. Then he turned to Eris once more.

"I think you are right." He answered, his eyes squinting a little as he thought some more, "I would like to visit."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back