• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Gods among us

Anubis looked at the girl with an expression of slight confusion, not really sure what to say.

"Anubis." He stated simply, continuing to look at her, a small amount of curiosity crossing his face as his eyes squinted a little, and his head cocked to the side.

Artemis jabbed him harder this time, reaching up to tug his ear back painfully. "You can shut up now." She hissed at him, ready to give the almighty one over here an almighty wedgie.

Hades winced a little as Artemis tugged his ear. "Aw, did you really miss me that much?" He continued, not wanting to stop. It's not everyday he gets to annoy Artemis.

Artemis growled at him. "I really want to smack you over the head right now." She seethed at him, yanking his ear back again as she kicked his shin with force.

He crumpled to the ground, but he regretted nothing. "That's what you're gonna get with her, so you better make sure to wear armor around her." He said to the blond god, the one hitting on Artemis.

She looked up again this time without tears in her eyes and the blush began to fade rapidly. She was recovering from the very human emotional issue she had just had. "My name is Eris, the Goddess of Strife and Discord," She said softly bowing before Anubis. She tried to conceal the pain she had been feeling though she feared she had botched this first impression too. She looked over his shoulder and saw Hades crumple to the ground when Artemis kicked him... she was rather unpleasant to be around... she was always alone except for Apollo but that was lame...

Anubis kept staring at Eris intensely, as if trying to work something out, and then suddenly his curious expression faded back to a blank stare, and he flipped around on the bench, his legs now in the proper sitting position.

He looked down at his schedule once more, then back at Eris.

"Something seems wrong. What's wrong?" He asked, almost curiously, with a blank tone.

Eris frowned... he seemed disinterested. "Anubis, please don't humor me with pity. If you don't want to talk then don't. I won't hold it against you nor bother you because of it." She said, annoyance filling her voice. Pity for the weak, and she wasn't weak. Sure she wasn't an Olympian but few of them dared to cross her, save her father Zeus or her mother Hera. Hera and Eris had gotten along well, for they both despised Zeus with the hatred that only a family member could have. "Make your choice, either think of me as an equal or don't talk to me," she said to Anubis, her expression rather dull and blank, her voice filled with venom. If she was going to make a friend it was not going to be because of pity.

Anubis rose up from the bench, turned to Eris, and bowed. When he rose, his expression was still slightly blank, but his eyes were troubled.

"I am terribly sorry. I did not mean to offend, nor annoy you." He stated, "I do not pity you. I was just asking if something was wrong, in hopes of trying to make whatever it is a little better."

Anubis folded up the schedule and slid it into his pocket.

"I have never been one for making friends, or even being able to make conversation." His tone didn't waver one bit, his head cocked to the side a little, again, as if studying her this time, "If you so wish, I could leave?"

(looks like loki's showing up late then?)

Ullr's attention was drawn to Hades, "I dont need armor, I have at least an inkling of compassion, something that can obviously not be said for the likes of you." He said darkly, the temperature growing even colder around him.

(bell will ring soon.)

"No!" she said quickly, "Please no," she said tears welling up again. I don't want to be alone again, she said to herself. "I'm sorry, it's just this human body is making me feel more awkward than anything. "I have no friends, and I don't really fit in with anyone. Discord and Strife, they are my area of expertise, and that doesn't bode well with others." She said half smiling. She stood up and stuck out a hand to Anubis, "How about we make this official, My name is Eris, and it is a real pleasure to meet you," she said trying to smile and look happy for once. She wanted to be friends and if Anubis cared even an inkling then this just might work.

Anubis looked down at Eris's hand, staring at it for a few seconds, before looking back up to Eris's stare. He nodded his head simply, and took her hand gently, he had never shaken many peoples hands before, so he was extremely soft when he did so.

"Friend." His tone was still blank.

A surge of warmth filled Eris, something that had never really happened to her before, and no doubt crimson blush filled her cheeks. "Friends," she said softly. "Anubis, what are you?" She asked quietly so that many of the humans would pay less attention to them. While she waited for a response she pulled another apple from her bag, and looked at him. "Do you want one?" she asked softly. The apple itself seemed to be golden in color though it looked quite pleasant.

"I am a god of the dead. Whilst I do not actively control the underworld, I guide the souls of the departed to it instead." He spoke normally, slightly confused as to why Eris went a little quiet.

Anubis looked down at the golden apple, blinked a few times, and looked back up at Eris.

"I do not feel hungry." He stated, brushing a few strands of long, silver hair from his one free eye, the other completely covered by his fringe.

She smiled holding back a laugh, these apples were her apples. "This is not merely a normal apple Anubis... but alas you wouldn't know that. However I do have real apples here as well. If you do get hungry for one let me know, they are to die for..." The last statement was played down to say the least. She looked around and seeing nothing interesting, decided to continue with Anubis. "Thank you... for earlier," she said softly again. She hadn't know kindness... even if he was trying to stop her crying.

A look of confusion crossed Anubis's face, his head cocked to one side once more, a small frown appeared on his brow.

"What do you mean?" His tone changed a little, turning a tiny bit higher.

"Interested are you?" Eris said with a small smile. "Well to be honest these Golden Apples cause strife and discord... Just one of these caused the Trojan war and led to the utter decimation of Troy." Eris said... a smile crossed her face. That had been an achievement that had nearly brought Olympus itself to its knees with the Olympians being decided on whether to support Troy or the Greeks... Good times. "You see the boy over there in black," She said motioning to Hades. "He is Hades, God of the Dead, Guardian of Tartarus and Protector of the Elysian Fields, only he knows the true power that these can bring. He is also my uncle," she said with the last part being slightly under her breath... these Apples could only bring death, pain and sorrow, but for some reason were highly coveted amongst the Olympians.

Anubis's frown thickened a little, as he looked down at the golden apple. He un-cocked his head, and looked back up at Eris.

"Did you make them?" He asked, his gaze being drawn back down to the apple.

Her smile faded a little, "Yes, these are of my own making." She said. The joy she had felt all those eons ago making them was unrivaled, yet over the eons she had grown to feel only contempt towards her apples. She looked at Anubis unsure if he was disgusted by her creation or bewildered. He was foreign to her and she was completely helpless in reading his facial expression... as there were none.

Anubis bent down a little, staring at the apple, taking in every little detail, before straightening back up and bringing his gaze back to Eris's.

"I think I remember guiding a few people, a long time ago. They seemed distressed about a golden apple. I finally understand what they were talking about." His tone lowered once more, his gaze lingering on Eris's, "I do not like not knowing."

A sigh escaped Eris' lips. "Yes, they would have been Trojans most likely. Or others unfortunate enough to have crossed one of these." She said. "Anubis would I be proper to assume you are of the Egyptian Pantheon?" She asked questioningly. She remembered hearing that the Egyptians worshiped different gods than the Greeks but was unsure of who they were, beyond Isis and Ra the others were obscure to her.

"I am, yes." He stated simply.

Anubis stood almost completely still while he talked to Eris, his posture was straight, his head held high, his arms by his sides, and hands in his pockets. At the top of his head, the roots of his hair seemed to turn black, almost unnaturally in places.

She smiled giving herself a mental pat on the back, "Anubis," she said a bit uneasily. "Am I bothering you standing here and talking to you?" She said trying not to be too much of a bother. She didn't want to inconvenience him, he was nice to her and she didn't wish to overstay her welcome. Eris was glad Aphrodite, Athena and Hera weren't here... her sisters and mother would probably just give her a hard time and bother her about the Golden Apples.

((OOC: I am looking forward to meeting Loki... he and Eris I would imagine get along just fine...))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back