• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern GODCARD - Act One: Rise of the Gods:

Safety Hammer

A walking piece of shit in a stupid looking jacket
Life sucks, don't it?

You get up every morning and go through every step of the same boring routine. Wake, work, and sleep. Only to wake up tomorrow and do it again. Morning fades into evening without much of a change. You sit back at your dead-end job, and do what you can do earn money, but all it does is fuel the cycle. Don't you want an escape? Don't you deserve it?

Perhaps you have the chance to change it all. To finally break the chain. Exit the loop.

One day as you walk home you find it. The location doesn't really matter. Whether it was tossed onto your desk by a stranger, placed in your mailbox by an unsuspecting mailman, or if it found its way onto the windshield of your car. Whatever way it came into your possession, you find yourself holding a black and gold envelope with your name on it. Inside is written this:

Dear Lucky One,

We have noticed your exceptional qualities and characteristics, and you have really caught our attention. You have been selected to participate in an experiment that could change the course of humanity for better or worse. Enclosed in this box is a god's name. Once you have picked up the contents within this box, you will be granted the powers of a god. We want you to use this power any way you wish. We will be observing you and your actions. We are sure you won't disappoint.

Please enjoy our gift.

With great prospects,
~ M

You open the box and find a small, simply designed, sleek, black card. On it is an golden image of a symbol of some sort, and a name underneath it. A series of strange symbols and letters that you had never seen before was bordering the edges of the card. They clearly weren't written with any existing language you know. However, as you run your fingers over the card, you see small instructions written on the back in plain english.

"Flip my card face out and decare my name. With this, I grant you my everlasting power, card bearer."

This rp is about a group of ordinary people who gain the power of the legends of old. Everyday people, and how they react to the power to do anything that they would desire. So are you ready to accept the power?

FireMaiden FireMaiden
Birdsie Birdsie
Kylesar1 Kylesar1
BackSet BackSet

Many thanks to IamNotLoki IamNotLoki for providing inspiration for this rp.

Hey, Tis I - I was once A L M O S, but now I am this. We did a god thing where we all hung out on Olympus which was one of the best RP's I have ever done. Anyway, this looks cool. Just a few questions - So, in regards powers we get - are these gods specifically gods over certain domains, and shall we get only those abilities pertaining to them? And furthermore - if we choose or get these cards - do we choose what god gives us their powers? Or do we get gods assigned to us - by say... you? Either way - I am happy to see you again! I remember your God of Wine and Parties quite well. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Hey, Tis I - I was once A L M O S, but now I am this. We did a god thing where we all hung out on Olympus which was one of the best RP's I have ever done. Anyway, this looks cool. Just a few questions - So, in regards powers we get - are these gods specifically gods over certain domains, and shall we get only those abilities pertaining to them? And furthermore - if we choose or get these cards - do we choose what god gives us their powers? Or do we get gods assigned to us - by say... you? Either way - I am happy to see you again! I remember your God of Wine and Parties quite well. Can't wait to see where this goes.
1.) Sorry, I don't really remember you

2.) You can chose any god/demigod from mythology, within reason. But for plot purposes, the can be no Merlin, King Arthur, and no biblical figures, and Roman gods, since they are simply the Greek gods with different names.

3.) I'm gonna be explaining how the cards work, and creative ways to make powers. We can't all just be superman.

2.) You can chose any god/demigod from mythology, within reason. But for plot purposes, the can be no Merlin, King Arthur, and no biblical figures, and Roman gods, since they are simply the Greek gods with different names.

3.) I'm gonna be explaining how the cards work, and creative ways to make powers. We can't all just be superman.
Thanks for the reply and NP - I was kinda different back then. Consider me a new person entirely. And Yea, I will be keeping an eye out. See what ya have to offer.

When I played Godcard, we had a gen system where the card grew more powerful over time with weaker powers first and stronger powers later.

The problem was that we kind of went overboard and by the time we got to Gen 5, we had things like bulletproof armor and instant travel. Likewise, it left others in the dust who didn't have the time to level up. So we had characters that can do tremendous feats while other characters just couldn't keep up.

It was a disaster so when we rebooted it, we revamped the Gen system so that we don't become overpowered by Gen 5 and continue becoming more powerful. The reboot didn't last.

I hope that you can create a system players can't abuse.

Just pointing out that Gods are absurdly powerful.

Just pointing out that Gods are absurdly powerful.
I'm happy that you have conscern over the strength of these characters, but I assure you that the powers will be heavily moderated. If you have other ideas, feel free to PM me, rather than clog up the Intrests check lol

By the way, here's the CS.

By the way, here's the CS.

Heya, I saw that you note that there would be a list of all those not allowed in the CS, yet I can't find the list. Am I just crazy? Or will it be added later?

I'm in as you know. Just thinking of which God to use

If someone wants a romance, tag me. No gender preferences on my part

Actually Roman deities have enough differences to make them distinct

I would like to join though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back