Idea God-themed RP Idea

DestinyGuy3712

Elder Member
Greetings, denizens of RPN! A while ago, me and some of my friends over on discord came up with an interesting idea for an action/Slice-of-Life RP based around gods and mythologies from all around the world who now live as humans, and I wanted to show it to the community to see what their thoughts on it are! Ahem...

"In modern times, the gods and goddesses of millenia ago are thought to have only existed through myths and epics, adopted by human civilizations in order to fulfill their wishes and well-beings. But in reality, these deities were very much real… and still are to this day.

Thousands of years ago, the world was governed not by mankind or by mother nature, but by the gods and goddesses from pantheons hailing from all across the globe. From the order keeping Greek pantheon to the heroic Nordic pantheon, deities were divine beings created by the ideas, beliefs and wishes of humans, allowing them to control or exert force over varying aspects of the world. And thus, a balance was created; while the humans of the mortal world worshiped and served the gods, the gods would grant them with fortune, protection, and well-being in return. However, all good things must come to an end, and as humanity grew and advanced as a species, their beliefs of the gods began to fade. Without the worship needed to sustain them, the gods began to vanish into nothingness, with only a handful of notable deities surviving the extinction of the gods.

Fast forward to the 21st century, and, thanks to much representation through arts, literature, study and media, the resurgence of the gods has begun. With only fragments of their former selves remaining due to having been reincarnated with entirely different identities, gods and goddesses now walk the earth as mortal men and women while slowly regaining their godly powers. While some gods choose to stick together in their respective pantheons, some try to take their own paths in life, living among the humans and working in everyday jobs. Some however, such as seventeen year old Alex Moya, the reincarnation of Hermes, have yet to discover their true, godly identities..."

Although I was thinking that the story could follow the Greek pantheon and their adventures/lives, I also had the idea of it being about a group of gods/goddesses from various pantheons who end up becoming unlikely friends with one another. As you can see, there's still a lot of stuff that needs to be worked out, and if this were to EVER become an RP, I would certainly need help running it XD

With that, I cannot wait to hear you guys' thoughts and opinions on this idea, as well as if this would be something you would be interested in!

The idea is good, though it may be relevant to point out it's not particularly original. Not only have I seen the same kind of idea done multipke times, I've seen this exact idea multiple times. Now, I don't know how long they last or what sort of problems they typically run into, since it's not really my cup of tea, but I believe it may be useful to understand you'll be grabbing off of that same audience- and that anyone may compare your execution of this idea to those prior interations of it.

Hm....

Honestly, I never knew that this idea was already done multiple times before XD. I mean, when me and my friends were working on the idea, we thought that it was something that hadn’t been done before. Or at least, the way we were building it hadn’t been done before.

Well, the part about the gods walking among us as "regular mortals" certainly has. Your mechanics are somewhat original I'd say.

Well, the part about the gods walking among us as "regular mortals" certainly has. Your mechanics are somewhat original I'd say.
Ah, kk. But with that, now, I’m wondering if this is an idea I still want to perusue, since it’s already been done before XD

I mean, I do have ideas for other RPs, so if this one doesn’t work out, I could always do my Discord RP idea

Ah, kk. But with that, now, I’m wondering if this is an idea I still want to perusue, since it’s already been done before XD

I mean, I do have ideas for other RPs, so if this one doesn’t work out, I could always do my Discord RP idea
Well, it's up to you.

To be honest, when you really get down to it virtually every idea has been done before- in fact I'd argue every idea has been done before. This one in particular has been done a lot relatively recently which is why I felt the need to bring it to your attention. The idea isn't bad just because it's been done before, after all you may be able to do great things with your own version of it.

But as stated, not here to tell you what to do or not to do, so feel free to decide for yourself :)

Well, it's up to you.

To be honest, when you really get down to it virtually every idea has been done before- in fact I'd argue every idea has been done before. This one in particular has been done a lot relatively recently which is why I felt the need to bring it to your attention. The idea isn't bad just because it's been done before, after all you may be able to do great things with your own version of it.

But as stated, not here to tell you what to do or not to do, so feel free to decide for yourself :)
Well, I greatly appreciate you bringing it to my attention! And I’ll probably keep it up just in case people are interested, since I have ideas and story arcs for it that I’d love to bring to life, even though the idea of the RP has already been done before :D

However, I think I’m going to be posting my second RP idea here, too. It’s going to be segnifigently smaller in scale than this one, and will be 18+ while following RPN guidelines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back