• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Gnollbone Village] Unwelcome Saviours

78dbb4c5-bdde-4b0f-b1f8-f6ba5ff5d2d7.jpeg

As the witch placed the vial back on her belt she began taking all off her sterile equipment off and putting them away, "Oh, no no no no no!" She replied to a curious and inquiring Saoirse who seemed to question her practices, "Dragon fire doesn't simply burn things, you see when the fire is spat it mixes with a sort of flammable liquid from two large glands in it's neck, sort of like a venom spitting snake!" She placed her hands in her hips as she continued, "The liquid leaves a sort of residue and after it finishes burning whatever its been fired at any excess is left behind!" Chuckling she continued, "So, even a speck of this ash can be dissolved and put through various alchemical apparatus to refine it and create key ingredients to all manner of potions or rituals to obtain various spells!" Then a sudden saddened look came over her, "Unfortunately, I haven't been back to school so I still have much to learn before I can tell you what sort of wonderful results could be obtained." Happily again, "BUT! We must all start somewhere!" She said giving the slave owner a wink.

It was then she noticed her Almanac being written in from behind the grave. The writing was a dark glowing green, and the text seemed to give off a misty glow. "Oh! Oh! Oh!" She exclaimed, "Interesting, yes, yes.." she repeated as she consumed the writings before her. "Your excellency!" She gasped referring to Saoirse, "It very well seems this place was thoroughly terrorized! I have a spirit here that's eager to tell me all about it! Unfortunately he was bit in half when he died.." she said with a saddened groan, "..but he's reminiscing about his village life, and how he would partake in the village festivities which curiously included the public..c- hmm.. " she shuddered, "..well, cooking and eating humans as a sort of celebration?" Closing her book she put it away and shook her head silently in sadness. "May you poor souls find a warm good place in the hellish planes." She muttered out loud.

It was then that Baharius would call out, quite disturbed and seemingly ready for battle. "W-what is it?! Oooooh.." she noticed a flying growing ball of fire approaching them, what was it? Could it be some sort of living fire elemental guardian of some sort? It was hard to tell, but, for the sake of the safety of the party she figured to start a spell. But quickly decided against it and retreated, standing behind Saoirse. "Oh please, don't let that thing burn me madam!" She said whilst looking at the incoming fire over her shoulder. Surely she was capable but, it was her way of waiting to find out more about this new threat.

Gnollbone
West Empire, Village of Gnollbone.
Time: 10:45 Weather: Getting cloudier again.
wGAZYM4.jpg
Mentions: Ryuuji Kamimura TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Sasuke Swagkage Swagkage | Eriedeth DarkKitsune DarkKitsune | Baharius Develius Develius
Language keys: Common | <Beastial>

images

Baharius' growl made the forming fire stop from getting closer, but it didn't stop it from growing bigger. It also started to take on a more humanoid shape.

Eredieth, carrying the catalysts, would be able to spot this happening as she'd have been able to locate Baharius from his call to the others to stand back.

Ryuuji was considerably less lucky, partially due to being unable to share the 'good spot' for finding what they were looking for with Eriedeth. His assessment ability made spot some weaponry amount the rubble, an E grade spear here, an F grade sword there, some F grade heavy armour as well. It was all relatively low quality, as most of it had degraded in the fire. He would also find some silver coins among the rubble, his protagonist's assessment helping figure out which slight metal glints were coinage and which were just scrap metal.

Saoirse Desrosiers

“Right...” She replied to Scylla, who'd just explained the ash gathering to her. She still didn't quite get it. Wouldn't using simple oil be much better than hoping dragon liquids would remain in the ash? Besides, if it burned up such liquids, surely not much of it would be left in the ashes? She decided it wasn't worth trying to make sense off.

That said, despite the situation, she couldn't help let out a chuckle upon Scylla sharing the stories from the Almanac. “So Gnollbone lives up to its name.” It was pretty Gnoll like to eat humans. “I guess that's why they lived so close to the dangers of the Kingdom.” She had made her mind up about one thing. “Don't worry though, you're too intriguing for consumption. Should you ever find yourself in need of a good owner, I'd be willing to take you, assuming you'd learn to be a bit more respectful, of course.” She made an (in her opinion) most generous offer. Not many sane people would take on a seemingly insane human just like that.

That said, she was a lot less humoured when Scylla hid behind her of all people. The witch was twice her size, so it wouldn't even do much, but still. “Aren't you a witch? Why don't you go try put that in a vial of yours.” She grumbled, dissapointed by this development.

However, the fireball wasn't exactly sitting still. By now, it had fully shaped up. As it stood at a distance, it raised one of its hands.

fire_elemental.jpg

“Do you … seek … the flames.” It spoke, with odd pauses. Its words not really being a voice as much as something speaking directly to their mind.

Ilma
xMuhZMx.jpg

“<What the hell is that?!?>” The harpy called out, flying high and far away from the fire elemental and clearly being rather frightened by it.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

“It seems like it might become aggressive!” She warned, having a bad feeling about this. She'd close the distance, standing next to Baharius. A threat like this was likely not going to be dealt with by playing it defensively, should it attack.

As Saoirse was watching the scene unfold, she was growing concerned. “Has either of you spotted a well?” She'd ask Ryuuji and Eredieth. (Eredieth would've indeed spotted one at the market place.) Considering they were about to play with fire, knowing where the water was at might not be a bad idea...

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong Swagkage Swagkage Develius Develius

As what seemed to be a fireball turned into a titan-sized pile of magma, Eriedeth's green eyes widened and, while she wasn't the one to usually curse, she murmured.

"Holy shit..."

She smacked herself. She helped a village with a raid. She could figure out something. As Saoirse shouted about looking for a well she started searching. Near the ruins of the market stall seemed to be the ruins of a well. Due to the damage, it was far from clean water, yet it was all she had. She could've tried to use the small catalysts she found but she didn't know any spells yet. She needed a catalyst to learn them after all. So, instead, in the heat of the moment, she jumped out of her hiding place and yelled.

"HEY! YOU STUPID HUMAN SIZED FORM OF LIQUID MAGMA! OVER HERE!"

source. After all, the least she could do was distract it from the others. She was the one near the water source. After that, she ran, trying to lead it to the well. Trying not to trip over the rubble in the meantime.​

Ryuuji Kamimura
191375bb603b38aa92b3af07a1830856-1-1-1.jpg
Elvario Elvario DarkKitsune DarkKitsune RavenSong RavenSong Develius Develius Swagkage Swagkage

If he was close enough in distance he'd able to overhear he'd get an answer to his ashes questions. If he heard the Gnollbone exchange properly, perhaps those gnolls that had wanted to buy him originally were from here..maybe they were dead? Of course Ryuuji wouldn't have known since he didn't speak Beastial, but this was information that Saorise would have likely been privy too since it was detailed she had out bid by Gnoll ladies who wanted a human to eat apparently. But there were more pressing matters at the present time like whatever that fire thing was.

Seeing the information available to him through his appraisal and the fact the fire was there, Ryuuji figured having something was better than nothing if he really did need to fight something, despite having no formal training with the weapon or skills to use, he'd reach over and grab the Grade F sword he had identified. It would be better than nothing if something tried to attack him or something else. Of course he'd also pocket the coins he could get his hands on, even at a time like this money was here to be had which was pretty important all things considered. At this point in the process he'd use his last remaining action to head back toward where Saoirse and Scylla were, upon hearing the warning to stay back.

As much as Ryuuji really didn't want to fight anything and would have been much happier staying as far back as possible while the others dealt with whatever that creature was, which of course he still couldn't very well get a reading on thanks to his magic not working properly yet, he'd just have to play the role of the slave side character by at least making it look like he'd risk his life for his owner and allies. It didn't hurt that it'd look like he was intending to protect Scylla in the process as well he suppose. He took the best defensive stance he could muster parallel from Melia presuming he made his way over uninterrupted,

"I didn't see anything like that Miss Desrosiers." He proclaimed.

"But it looks like Erideth has..I hope she knows what she's attempting to do right now..." Ryuuji saw an opportunity for the trio of them to move to a potentially safer area while the others dealt with the elemental, but it didn't feel very slave like to just outwardly suggest that, instead he'd see what Miss Desrosier's follow up orders were if any. If he had to stay at the very least he wished he could pick up some fire magic or something from this exchange but that was looking pretty unlikely unfortunately, even with all the mental speak.

Her happy expression would suddenly give way to sudden sadness when Saoirse didn't seem impressed, she was a tough cookie! "Right?" She muttered with a depressed sigh.

It was then that Velvet would interfere, You're pathetic, witch.
Am not! Saoirse just needs.. a hug.
I dare you to try it

It was then the witch would have explained her findings in the Almanac of the Dead. To which Saoirse seemed to be a bit pleased. But then Saoirse offered to take her in! Surely this was such a drastic change and an unexpected offer! However, "You'd take me in?" She replied as she took her hat off and looked at the ground solemnly, "I truly appreciate your most kind, generous, merciful and precious offer, your excellency, but you see.. I'm sort of.. kind of.. loosely but not really, betrothed to a vampire who probably misses me and is crying and maybe even looking for me somewhere. And well, I'm hers in mind, body and spirit. Well, pfft.. whatever is left of my spirit."

It was then that the elemental would appear in roaring flames, it grew massive and the frightened Scylla was attempting to hide behind Saoirse, much to her disappointment of course.

Velvet would then interrupt, I can take this one.
No, no.. I got just the spell, Velvy!
How dare you pet name me!
oops! S-sorry! Bad habit!

Then upon the sight of Ryuuji appearing with a shoddy sword, the witch sighed with a bit of longing. "Oh, dear, you don't have to protect me." She said giggling, "What an adorable little mage sword you've got here miss Saoirse, he melts my heart!" She chuckled as she stepped forward a bit clumsily as she giggled. "Right, okay okay.." she cleared her throat and began to recite a formulaic words as her parasol catalyst began to glow with a bluish hue. Moisture and watery mist around her could be felt if one was close enough as she witch channeled the watery elements, her eyes closed, and a series of runes would glow upon her face as a blue misty like smoke would irrupt from her mouth as she spoke. Then witch a sudden shout, all of her skills activated into a single culmination of magic, closing her hands with a clap she said the final words, "Drowning!" The spells intent on creating a large watery sphere around the elemental while also depriving it of oxygen and succumbing it to a halt of movement.

• Spell of Drowning Magic Affinity D- Water Affinity F - Magic Range E - Duration Magic F - Incapacitating Affinity F - Uses her ability to pull moisture out of thin air to create an aqua sphere around a target depriving the target of oxygen - Grade D - 2 Cooldowns

Last edited:

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| Elvario Elvario (Saoirse Desrosiers. Ilma, Fire Elemental) | RavenSong RavenSong (Scylla) | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece (Ryuuji) | Swagkage Swagkage (Sasuke Blackheart) | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune (Eriedeth Pip) |

The saurian's intimidation display seemed to do little in scaring off the ball of primordial flame. The least it had done perhaps was deterring its advance momentarily, but did nothing to prevent it from growing bigger. It would grow and grow, until what stood before he and the group was a huge being of pure fire and torrenting magma; standing at least a foot taller than Baharius. It would "speak" into their minds, drilling in the inquiry if they were searching for the flames. Whatever that meant, Baharius didn't want it. The last time he was involved with fire had him bathed upon the shoulders of yet another titanic being; a monstrous ent that was set a blaze as he stabbed into it. Nor did he forget prior about the accident a very certain witch had unintentionally caused the same day either. It was a miracle he hadn't been permanently scarred; though his aversion to fire was still moderately fresh. Perhaps this fire being wanted to chat instead of fight.

Though judging by its demeanor and looks, it didn't look like it came for the pleasantries. Melia would bring that idea to the forefront as she stood by the saurian warrior, sword and shield in play.

"I can see that!" he called out as he unsheathed his greatsword, plunging it into the ground as he took a defense stance. Not that it would matter of course given their opponent's consistency. Their blades would be practically useless against something like this. There really was only one viable option he believed should help, "If anyone knows where to get water, NOW would be the time!"

Shortly after, he'd hear Saoirse ask if anyone knew of a nearby well they could siphon water from. And from it, Eriedeth would dare to bring the eye of the fire titan upon her, taunting for it to follow her. Baharius watched closely, wondering if she had a plan or if she was asking for a death sentence. Assuming the former, he attempted to follow in pursuit, keeping a healthy distance to keep from any rogue flares licking his scales. He had no idea what he was going to do next or if there's anything he could do himself. All he could do was attempt to mitigate the damage or keep his allies from harm's way.

Suddenly, Scylla's sphere of water would fly over his head, straight at the fire elemental's face. A beacon of hope flickered across Baharius' face... maybe they had a chance after all?

Last edited:
Gnollbone
Time: 10:50 Weather: Getting cloudier again.
wGAZYM4.jpg
Mentions: Ryuuji Kamimura TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Sasuke Swagkage Swagkage | Eriedeth DarkKitsune DarkKitsune | Baharius Develius Develius

fire_elemental.jpg

The hulking mass of fire (about 8 feet, 2 inch, aka 2.5 metres) successfully got its attention drawn by Eriedeth. “Thou doest seeketh the flames!” It called upon her insult, as it raised its hand towards her whilst fire started to form even more intensely around the raised hand. Most would see the signs for what they were. A fireball being charged. Directly aimed at the running Eriedeth.

Combat time is now active. Everyone has 3 actions per post. Moving more than 5 feet counts as an action, but for easiness' sake, I'll make the movement amount unlimited within said action. Abilities, attacking, guarding and dodging all count as actions as well. Speaking for more than a few (2-3) sentences also takes an action. Please keep track of your cooldowns when using abilities.

Saoirse Desrosiers

Saoirse wasn't sure what to do. On the one hand, Eredeith had found the well she'd been hoping to have them find. On the other, the squirrel was now at the verge of being blasted by a fireball whilst running for it. On the one hand, this was a good opportunity to get away. On the other, defeating that fire creature might be a worthwhile endeavour. So many sides to debate. To run or to try to help? Which should she do...

The witch made that decision a bit easier. Despite Saoirse's former disgust at the idea of someone willingly dealing with creatures like vampires, which had made her loose most of her interest in owning this witch, she was still thinking the witch was going to be useful. Then again, Scylla's babbling about Ryuuji didn't help her case, as Saoirse just shot Scylla a glare. What did help was the water magic.

Scylla's water formed around the creature of fire, causing it to start vaporising the liquid and having huge clouds of steam form around it. Whilst it didn't seem enough to kill or stop it, it had prevented it from finishing charging its fireballs and attacking Eriedeth.

That said, with its fire attack negated, it started moving again. Baharius and Melia would be in-between its path and Eredieth, as they would see the giant of fire and (thanks to Scylla) steam heading for them.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

“Would our weapons even work against that..?” Melia asked Baharius, fearing that swords would just fly straight through this fire-like being. Even so, she wasn't willing to retreat just yet. This would be a worthwhile foe to bring down, should they figure out how they might be able to do so.

Meanwhile, Saoirse had made up her mind. “Keep that up witch, we'll get more water!” She called out, as she would [Jump F] towards the well in order to see if there was any way to get water out and doze that fire giant even more. It seemed like its fire-making was barely able to hold up against Scylla's water magic, so just a bit more water might make it fizzle out. That was the hope at least.

As for the well itself, its state wasn't great. There would be water at the bottom, but most buckets had burned. Only a few heavier, metal ones remained, the ones attached directly to the well's mechanisms. Sadly enough, those had melted. “Can you fix it?” Saoirse would call out to Eriedeth, upon spotting the damage from a distance. She recalled the squirrel girl being an engineer, so this might be her chance to prove herself. Still it'd be tricky. Get the well fixed, bring up the water, get it ready to hoist at the fire giant and all that while the others would keep it magically doused and distracted for long enough.

She sighed, realising it was too late to have second doubts. She'd already decided to try help rather than run, so if she ran now, she'd only get in more trouble. “Tell me what I can do.” She'd tell Eredieth, offering her aid.

Ilma
xMuhZMx.jpg

Whether she was inspired by the bravery or worried about what'd happen if she didn't help them, Ilma came flying down and started tugging on the well. “<It's not working!>” She concluded the (to the others) obvious.

Fire Giant
[Action 1] Charge
[Action 2/3] Move

Saoirse
[Action 1] Move / Jump F (0 post CD)
[Action 2/3] Assist Eredieth with the well

Melia
[Action 1/2/3] Take a defensive stance near Baharius.

Ilma
[Action 1] Move / Fly F (0 post CD)
[Action 2/3] Try to make the well work.

Last edited:
🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong Develius Develius Swagkage Swagkage

• fight with fire elemental and bringing attention to the well
    Eriedeth was impressed by Scylla's water spell, and she wished she could do something like it or similar. While it didn't kill the thing like they'd hoped it did stop its fireball. Vaporizing into clouds instead, at least it gave Eriederh a chance. However, with that being said, she soon learned that her original plan wouldn't work as intended. Some metals were melted, and there were also some mechanisms, so it seemed she would need a closer look. Eriedeth didn't see enough of the well to know how damaged it was. And Saoirse noticed this too when she asked.

"Can you fix it?"

Eriedeth could atleast respect the brains the hare had despite what seemed to be bad blood that was forming between them prior. Or at least that was what Eriedeth had felt. She replies.

"I can sure as hell try!"

She was an engineer. It would be a shame if she couldn't. And if she couldn't fix the wells mechanisms , how would she be able to make inventions? How would she even begin to think about advancing this world's stances on technology if she couldn't fix a well? Even if it was makeshift! She tells Saoirse when asked what she could do to help

"I'll need time! Do you think you guys can at least distract it?"

She went out of sight of the fire elemental and started grabbing random peices of rubble. She could only hope the random things she had salvaged would help her in her task. She then starts running towards the well to investigate the specifics of what was wrong. Even with some metals seeming melted, there could be other issues she'd need to know what all there was to fix.

-------

Actions:
    1. Running
    2.grabbing random rubble
    3.investigating the well to see all issues.

Last edited:

The witch would cheer for about a second before gasping at the elementals tenacity and endurance in simply shaking off the water sphere that was just hurled at it. The witch grew anxious then as Saoirse told her to keep it up. Pulling on her hair she panicked a bit, "I can't with all this pressure!" She exclaimed, before taking a shallow sigh and a determined look drew upon her features, "Right, time for  that spell." She muttered as she made a wider stance, then remembering the catalyst gestures along with the waves of her hands a different but bluish magic would irrupt from underneath her heels.

Her anxiety had been coming from her inexperience with water magic, but the witch was determined to defeat this creature if not for it's determination to scorch the squirrel that had accompanied them and for Mr.Lizard and the Guard who stood as the first line of defense.

With a spin, her hand rose up to the sky as if commanding the rain, a soft silvery mist would concentrate into her grasp, a strange humming sound would emit from the concentration before the witch finally opened her hand towards the elemental, suddenly firing 5 water bolts at the creature, this time in an attempt to damage it. "Silver, water, darts!!"

Spell of Drowning C - 2/3 CD

Silver Water Darts - Magic Affinity D - Water Affinity F - Magic Targets E (5 Targets) - In an attempt to create the Philosophers Stone spell, Scylla had accidentally fused water with a slight touch of silver, although a failed experiment, the results were equally great with high amounts of watery pressure and traces of silver to pierce like bullets. Grade D - 2 Post cooldowns

Ryuuji Kamimura
191375bb603b38aa92b3af07a1830856-1-1-1-1.jpg
Elvario Elvario DarkKitsune DarkKitsune RavenSong RavenSong Develius Develius Swagkage Swagkage

With this whole dramatic situation which was unfolding, Ryuuji felt a sense of relief at the fact that the witch seemed to be able to deal with the fire elemental to an extent. It was apparent this fire being didn't really have an intention of sharing its' fire in a good way. In addition, Ryuuji found himself almost getting a bit flushed from Scylla's words but he kept his face relatively serious. Being talked about by a lady like that just felt so odd, his last life was so different than this one already..

Part of Ryuuji had been expecting Saoirse to flee, after all that would best ensure their safety while the others did the harder work, then they could risk coming back later to take the loot for themselves...but nevertheless it looked like she wasn't going to abandon the others despite the danger which it posed to the group. Maybe there would be a reward other than the other's good will from completing this task? Melia was right, it was pretty dubious that their regular weapons would do much to a being composed the way the elemental was.

Rather than give it to much more thought when the plan to fix the well came into mind, Ryuuji found himself compelled to follow after his owner. This was what a slave was supposed to do after all and there was no way he was going to risk getting punished by her, not after coming this far in feeling like he was playing his cards right. As she hopped over, Ryuuji moved at the swiftest pace he could muster without being too much more than a regular human at the moment in abilities, beyond his appraisal and higher than average intelligence stat. '

He took a guarded stance near Saoirse, "Understood I'll do my best to help buy time if we need it, whether that means acting as a distraction or whatever else is needed." He proclaimed standing between the elemental and Saoirse. It felt like there was very little he could do in that moment. What he really wanted was to get better at magic like Scylla had. Once again she was using a spell which was beyond what he could do at the moment, watching as the silver watery bolts came flying out toward the elemental, hoping that would further buy them time.

"Excellent spell Miss Bancroft!" He'd call out to the witch. Having all these people who were more talented him around him..it just inspired him to understand this new world better and grow in strength, it was the logical way forward. Of course he was ready to carry out additional instructions as was needed.

Actions: Move however many feet needed toward Well group to stand as an obstacle between them and Fire Elemental

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| Elvario Elvario (Saoirse Desrosiers. Ilma, Melia, Fire Elemental) | RavenSong RavenSong (Scylla) | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece (Ryuuji) | Swagkage Swagkage (Sasuke Blackheart) | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune (Eriedeth Pip) |

"Highly doubt it." Baharius replied bluntly, addressing Melia's concern if their weapons would have any affect on it at all, "Least you or anyone has magic that'll help us with that." Even if they could, the chunks of liquid hot ooze they'd slice off from it would threaten to scald them or cause friendly fire to each other or anyone nearby. Raw melee damage was not the way. The only damage he could see having affect was water-based or magical; preferably of the water type. And thankfully for them, Scylla was providing that support while Eriedeth went to fetch for support from the well.

But such efforts would be fruitless if they leave both characters unattended; to be at the mercy of the colossal fire elemental's wrath. And both were struggling to keep hold; hearing Erideth ask in the distance for anyone to distract it. Quickly assessing the situation, Baharius turns back to the knight. "Only thing we can do now is keeping it distracted from our support. At least long enough for their plans to take fruit. Take position around it and don't get hit! Use anything around you to your advantage"

With that, the saurian proceeded to split up and attempt to flank the fire elemental. With no magical spells or ranged weapons at his disposal, all he could do was to bring its attention; taking a deep breath as the smoky air and embers tingled down his throat and lungs, before unleashing a powerful Bestial Roar in an attempt to draw it towards him.

ACTIONS:
  • 1). Talking with Melia
  • 2). Flanking Fire Elemental.
  • 3). [ACTION] Bestial Roar - [Intimidation E] - [E] - COOLDOWN +1 - Baharius unleashes a powerful roar in an attempt to intimidate any who dare face him.

Gnollbone
Time: 11:00 Weather: Getting cloudier again.
wGAZYM4.jpg
Mentions: Ryuuji Kamimura TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Eriedeth DarkKitsune DarkKitsune | Baharius Develius Develius

Saoirse Desrosiers

She nodded at Eriedeth's suggestion to try. “Alright.” That said, when she was told to go distract that fire giant... That was a big no. She'd burn her precious fur! What the hell would she even do to distract it...? She was just a Haregon gal and that was a hulking fire giant! Even the water-magic with couldn't fully stop it!

Meanwhile, Eriedeth had started scavenging for usable parts. Some of the gears of the well would need replacing, as they'd been too bend by the fire. Some might be left out if she'd just make it more make-shift and used a bit more force thought... Others might need a different approach. (You're free to add some flavour to tinkering with it of your own.) Either way, she had enough knowledge to fix it. The biggest issue would be to find something that could serve as a gear for the main mechanism in the little time others might be able to buy her.

With Ryuuji approached Saoirse, she got a tad annoyed at how inefficient they were being. Was this how people striving to flourish worked? Surely not. “Squirrel! Just tell us what to help you find already! And pass Ryuuji one of those catalysts you found!” She said, as she was pretty sure she'd seen Eriedeth with a few of them just moments ago. If they didn't work together here, they'd be doomed. “<Harpy, go scout around for whatever Eriedeth tells us to find.>” She even figured she'd ask their flying scout, assuming Eriedeth would also tell the harpy Beastial or otherwise willing to translate it herself.

Ilma
xMuhZMx.jpg

The harpy, who seemed like she'd been on the verge of running away, replied. “<Fine... but quick, quick!>” She looked to Eriedeth, waiting for a command. It looked like she would be the first to flee if they didn't get their plans in order soon.

fire_elemental.jpg

Scylla's next spell had a slightly lesser impact than before, as the next spell was vaporized like the first with a bit less trouble. The magic part (D grade was still on CD, I'll assume E-grade was used instead, but I'll also assume she'd use E water affinity again) was weaker than before, so while it slowed down the fire giant thanks to the water affinity, it didn't stop it. It did look like the fire giant was weakened, suggesting whatever source of fuel he was using for his flames wasn't infinite.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

Sadly enough, she possessed no magic. “Great.” She replied, a tad frustrated. Baharius' roar surprised her. To draw in the enemies attention like that, that was what a true warrior was in heart and soul. She could respect that. To her surprise, she noticed something else. “Its fire its weakening a bit, right? Would it have a fuel source?” Sadly enough, she wasn't capable of spotting it herself.

As for the effects of Baharius' roar, the fire elemental halted for a bit, but then turned towards Baharius and away from Eriedeth and Scylla. “Thou too, desireth the flames!” It called out, as it got ready to slam its fire-based fist down onto Baharius. (D grade magic-based fire-attack inbound.)

Seeing Baharius getting attacked, Melia tried to at least do something, swinging her sword at the creature's leg. As they feared, however, it went straight through. It barely even dispersed the flames for a moment. Their weapons and strength did not seem to match up to it. “Hey, bastard, hook me up with the fire as well!” She called out, hoping to at least take some of the heat away from Baharius.

Fire Giant
[Action 1] Defend (vaporise)
[Action 2] Move
[Action 2] Fire-slam Baharius

Saoirse
[Action 1/2/3] Talk / Standby

Melia
[Action 1] Analyse opponent
[Action 2] Attack
[Action 3] Taunt

Ilma

Scylla gritted her teeth, "Dammit!! That's some hot fire!" Then she giggled to herself in lewd amusement. Before shaking her head and the thought as well. But before she could comment further she'd look towards Ryuuji who complimented her casting, she'd shift her weight and fixed her hair a bit flustered by the compliment and fixing her hair a bit, "Why thank you hun, take me on a date and maybe ill-" she'd bite her tongue suddenly realizing she was still in a fight.

Nodding, she'd snap her fingers to check her magic reserves which were in fact running quite low. She was beginning to feel it in her body as well, the familiar ache in the heart and spirit. However she couldn't let these people down, not with how much more there was still yet to be discovered.

Mustering up some reserves, she concentrated them yet into another spell, however this would begin to bog down on the witch; attempting another spell of drowning however this one would be much stronger.

Channeling the magic as before this time the Misty bluish vapor would also emit from her eyes, and would concentrate at the tip of her parasol, holding the parasol aimed straight at the elemental, the sheer force of the concentration being channeled would push the witch back a few steps. When suddenly a blue explosion emitted from the catalyst sending the aqua sphere towards the elemental with incredible force. The witch would fly back upon firing the magic, falling on her butt, sending her hat flying. "DROWNIIIIIIIIING!!!!"

Spell of drowning D 1/2

Silver Water Darts E 1/1

• Spell of Drowning Magic Affinity C- Water Affinity F - Magic Range E - Duration Magic F - Incapacitating Affinity F - Uses her ability to pull moisture out of thin air to create an aqua sphere around a target depriving the target of oxygen - Grade E - 3 CD

Last edited:
🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong Develius Develius Swagkage Swagkage

• tinkering with well mechanics
    Eriedeth had taken her pile of scraps over to the well. On further inspection it appeared that some of the gears had either been burnt, bent or somehow both. Eriedeth's nose twitched at the smell of ash that was blatantly near by. She had to stay focused on the tasks at hand, however, or else she'd perhaps end up dying by flame again, before she was able to get to work, though Saoirse managed to grab her attention again, only to request she give Ryuuji a catalyst. Eriedeth wasn't opposed by it, after all, given the situation at hand he would probably need it and besides she could probably check more burnt-down stalls after they dealt with the damned fire elemental. So she called out.

"Ryuuji! I have got a catalyst you can use!"

She waved it around briefly before putting it down on the ground next to her for him. She had a job to do. The others were counting on her. Using her skills: [Educated [F] [Engineering [F], Focus [F], Physics [F] ] and [Artisan [E] [Tinkerer] ] and began working which included an overall examination of what needed to be done, and what she could do. Some of the gears had been destroyed, which was painfully clear. However, she could probably get away with not having those there. As a result, she removed the ones that were at this point unserviceable and would probably be better recycled. If she couldn't have enough Mithril or Orichalcum she could always resort to the scrap metal that was around. They were just a preference after all. However, she would deal with that once she was sure everyone was going to live. Including her. She looked through her pile, the gears needed something to help each other move and didn't have enough gears to perform a full rotation. She looked for something that could help with that. Looking at her materials, she picked up a metal chain. It was sturdy and seemingly sturdy enough to possibly fix that issue. Eriedeth used the chain to connect the remaining gears, then came the next issue. There was a very important gear missing from this, a gear that seemed like it would be the center of the mechanism. She needed to find a substitute for it. Looking through her pile again, she found a round metal plate with rigid edges...she could perhaps do something with that but she didn't have the tools to turn it into what she needed. She rummaged again... another chain. It took some maneuvering but she eventually got it stuck on the edges of the plate and managed to connect it to the rest of her make shift fix. Upon testing it out, she was dismayed to discover it wasn't completely functional, but at least it was functional enough to gather water by grabbing the least damaged bucket. She found she started trying to use the well to fill it. She tells Ilma.

<I think I managed to get it semi working!>

---
    Language keys:
    "Common"
    <beastial>
    ~~~~
    Skills:
    Educated [F] [Engineering [F], Focus [F], Physics [F] ]
    Artisan [E] [Tinkerer] (Secondary)

~~~~
    ACTIONS:
    1.attempt to fix the well
    2.attempt to get water out of the well

Last edited:
Ryuuji Kamimura

Ryuuji was rather surprised to hear that beastial roar from the dino like one, but he almost let out an audible sigh of relief, keeping his face stern for the time being. As it shifted its attention to the sound it made him feel better.

It had seemed like a logical action but it was pretty clear that Saoirse probably wasn't the most thrilled with the way she spoke to the squirrel beast. The fact that they hadn't gotten clear instructions sooner was fair all things considered the threat which was among them, but who could really fault anyone here from not being as effective as they could be in a rather stressful situation. All things considered Ryuuji didn't really have the skills needed beyond finding things for her to get it working or using himself as a meat shield for those who were supposed to be more important for him now.

Upon seeing Melia's attempt having little to no effect on the elemental, made Ryuuji feel A LOT better in his decision to try to not go up and attack the thing himself with his sword, since if Melia wasn't leaving a mark on it there was no doubt what he did would have been like trying to punch water.

Scylla continued to be a bit of a distraction, to which Ryuuji needed to focus in on this dangerous situation. Just my luck, the first time a pretty lady sounds like she's showing interest, and It's in a new world where I've been enslaved. Ryuuji thought to himself. Oh well there wasn't really time to wish for better circumstances. Under normal circumstances he would have gone over to see if Scylla was okay if anything else, but with it being dangerous and Saoirse right there, that probably wouldn't be appreciated when he should be guarding his master and prioritizing himself, her property and himself.

WIth no instructions for Ryuuji to look for anything of aid, hopefully the catalyst was just the right grade for him to use properly, having heard her he looked over made his way over as quick as he could using his free hand to grab whatever form it took. Now he was in business.
"Thank you!" He'd call back. Before he'd get ready for his next action with it.
Actions:
1. Move over as many ft needed to be in range of Catalyst.

2. Pick Catalyst up

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| Elvario Elvario (Saoirse Desrosiers. Ilma, Fire Elemental) | RavenSong RavenSong (Scylla) | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece (Ryuuji) | Swagkage Swagkage (Sasuke Blackheart) | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune (Eriedeth Pip) |

With the fire elemental answering his primal challenge, Baharius braced for what was coming next. As the foe rose his flaming hands, ready to pummel him into a fiery grave, Baharius quickly parried back; raising his blade to help block any incoming sparks from the incoming impact from scaling him. Though from the corner of his eye, he noticed Melia coming to his aid as she swiped at the creature's leg. Though as they expected, it simply sliced straight through the fiery limb without causing any visible harm to it. Baharius spat a disgruntled hiss at this fact. Still, as long as they kept this thing occupied on themselves, it would bide valuable time for the others to pelt the fiery menace properly.

But that got him thinking about what he overheard Melia mentioned earlier. Something, whatever it might be, was fueling this thing. And considering how the water and magic they were throwing at it was making it weaker, meant that couldn't last forever. That it, like all natural born fires, had a finite amount of energy. Baharius initially thought he was using the wooden debris around it as said fuel, but with so little littered across the ground it didn't seem like a valid long-term strategy to keep it going. If anything, it would've consumed a house or two by now. So that couldn't be the case.

That led to his next question. Since it could keep itself aflame without consuming exterior resources, could it be manifesting energy solely from within? More to the point, did it possess a core? And if so, could THAT be damaged by physical means?

After all, it started out as a flicker of flame and it built itself from there. If this was indeed true, destroying it would cause the fire elemental to cease functioning. This, to him, seemed like a potentially logical solution. It was, in fact, the only thing he could hope for if he had any hope of damaging this thing. And neither was he going to let the woman assisting him take all the brunt of the elemental's assault. The question now was where to hit...

He had two locations in mind; the head and chest. And both could potentially be solved in one swift strike.

With that, Baharius wound up his blade and with a powerful heave he attempted to split the being into two; unaware that a sphere of concentrated water was racing towards it!

ACTIONS:
  • 1). Stepping Back/Dodging "Fire Slam"
  • 2). [Attack] Lifting Cleave - [Savage DuneLord E, Super-Strength F, Accurate F] - [E] - COOLDOWN +1 - Baharius sweeps blade upwards to try and lift his target within 10 feet into the air.
  • 3). ---

Gnollbone
Time: 11:00 Weather: Getting cloudier again.
wGAZYM4.jpg
Mentions: Ryuuji Kamimura TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Eriedeth DarkKitsune DarkKitsune | Baharius Develius Develius

Saoirse Desrosiers

Although Eriedeth gave Ryuuji a catalyst, she didn't tell anyone what type of materials she needed to get the well working. As a result, Eriedeth wasted valuable time trying to find it all by herself. With no better plan, she figured she'd shoot for the next best thing. “Let's try find whatever we can to hold the water with.” She stated to Ryuuyi, then to Ilma. “<We'll find...>” Only to realise the Harpy had already left. Clearly the bird hadn't been eager to just stand by and decided she'd go find safer pastures. Perhaps she should've done so as well. Well... at least there was still her and Ryuuji, as she started to scramble around for pots, pans, whatever would hold water, assuming Ryuuji would follow suit.

Even though she was working alone, Eriedeth was eventually able to succeed. The well was working just about good enough to pull up water again, ableit not the fast or smoothest manner. She'd call out around the same time that Saoirse and (presumable Ryuuji, should he help her which he better do) would be able to bring over some pans, pots, buckets and other water-holding equipment from the rubble surrounding them. They'd best start filling those up like their life depended on it, as it as actually might.

fire_elemental.jpg

As Baharius tried to dodge, he'd realise that the fire simply spread the moment the creature hit the ground, having some sort of Area of Effect behind it. Even Melia would end up being at risk. Luckily for him and Melia, the C-grade magic Scylla used next had a lot more power to it. Enough for the slam that'd been aimed at Baharius to turn into steaming hot mist. It'd be painful to be engulfed by the boiling steam, but it was far from the burning feeling he'd experienced before in the marshes. He'd hear a grunt in pain from Melia as well, but she kept standing.

Baharius' counter-attack waved through the fire-giant and the steam surrounding it, yet while his logic was sound, he didn't manage to hit what he'd been looking for. However, he did clear the mist and fire enough for someone else to spot the crucial part.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

Although she'd gotten a fair bit burned from the boiling steam, she was still going. When Baharius attacked, she spotted something that was briefly exposed. “A scale!” She called out. “There!” She'd call, as she attempted to attack it with an [All Out Sword Attack], yet she could instantly feel she'd missed. That said, she was close enough for Baharius to see it as well now.

Lodged within the right side of this creature, the source of its fire, was a dragon scale.

All Out Sword Attack - Specialized Fighting Style [Swordsmanship 101] [Sword], Accurate, Drain [Strength] F, Blind Fighter – Character goes all out in their sword-fighting. - Action 1 – F Grade – 0 Post Cooldown

The fire giant, however, wasn't sitting still either. Being driven more desperate, it was no longer trying to save energy or seem 'cool' in any way shape or form. In a rushed panic, it decided to sent a [Fireball C] at the one who'd been continually hurting it (Scylla), after which it used a Force of Flame (Fire Affinity D, Magic D, Knockback D) to try to push away Baharius and Melia. Finally, it'd suddenly jump away from them, toward what seemed to easier targets to fuel its flames and the one who'd first angered (heading for Saoirse, Ryuuji, Eriedeth, arriving there in 1 more move next turn).

Fire Giant
[Action 1] Fireball C (0/3)
[Action 2] Force of Flame D (0/2)
[Action 2] Move

Saoirse

Melia
[Action 1] Defend (failed)
[Action 2] All Out Sword Attack (F grade 0/0)
[Action 3] N/A

Ilma
[Action 1/2/3] Move/move/move (fled)

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿

• Splash attempt
    "RYUUJI AND SAOIRSE GET YOUR WESTERN EMPIRE REARS OVER HERE TO HELP FILL SOME WATER!"

Eriedeth yells in common before yelling in Beastial due to how stubborn Saoirse tended to be.

<SAOIRSE COME OVER HERE AND FIND ANY SORT OF CONTAINER YOU DAMN HAREGON!>

At the moment, Eriedeth had been using her strength to bring the bucket of water back up. Once she got it back up she repeated it once more with a bucket that, a was melted down on the top a bit down ward by an inch or so. A working container, however, was a working container for water in Eriedeth's eyes. As she managed it with the second damaged bucket, she also kept her eyes on what had been her solution for the issue at hand. Albeit it hadn't been perfect, it was all she had managed to do with the time she had and her lack of proper supplies. She had to hope Ryuuji and Saoirse would join in at some point when something began happening because, of course, it did. Upon using [heighten sense [Smell] [F] ] she had smelt the smoke that emanated off the fire giant and turned her head. 'You've got to be kidding me' Luckily, she had the second bucket up by then. She wasn't going to die without fighting first. With that being said, she took a few moments. She had to think. 'Fire, fire. I've got two buckets of water....magic?...but I don't have a proper spell formed just yet!' She eventually came up with a different idea. She had waited for it to near before she would do anything once she deemed it close enough she picked up a bucket and used all the strength and percision she had to cause a giant splash at the fire giant and did the same with the second bucket. Before she scrammed out of it's path as quickly as she should if things went well, she hides behind a building hoping the fire giant had its focus on her instead of the well.

-----
    Language keys:
    "Common"
    <beastial>
    ~~~~
    Skills:
    heightened sense [F] [Smell]
    ~~~~
    ACTIONS:
    1. Called out to Ryuuji and Saoirse
    2. attempts to toss two filled up buckets at the fire giant
    3. Attempts to run

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| Elvario Elvario (Saoirse Desrosiers. Ilma, Fire Elemental) | RavenSong RavenSong (Scylla) | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece (Ryuuji) DarkKitsune DarkKitsune (Eriedeth Pip) |

Scylla's water sphere would splash against the fire elemental, just as Baharius felt the flames licking beneath his feet. The flames would instead dissipate into boiling steam, engulfing both the Saurian and the armored knight in a cloud of scaling mist. He covered his face with his free arm instinctually; hissing uncomfortably while feeling the steam burning rather painfully into his scaly skin. Though, thankfully, it wasn't nearly as bad compared to the incident in the marsh; nothing disfiguring at the very least. He could take it. Though he reckoned his skin will feel rather sensitive for a while afterwards.

Meanwhile, his strike would carve the elemental in two for the briefest of moments, before it instantly recombined back into one. His initial gamble failed. But it wasn't completely in vain. The heft of his attack had brushed away enough of the mist for Melia to glimpse at its exposed weak point. A red-hot scale lodged on its right side. Baharius caught her observation too, showing a devilish grin of hope. "I see it!" The knight would attempt to strike it with a fury of swipes and blows, but missed completely due to their compromised position.

Their opponent knew this too and began to act accordingly. The saurian felt it getting desperate as it unleashed a force of flame, Baharius was forced to raise his blade to block as much of the impact; though his weight would keep him from skidding back too far. And then the bastard fled, hurdling straight towards the rest of the gang in rapid succession to exact vengeance on those who fired the first shot.

This was not good.

Baharius felt that he wasn't going to get to the flaming heathen in time; not when he was pushed so far behind. Still, he had to try something; he MUST. For the sake of his party and especially for the sake of Scylla. He turned and called out to them in a mighty bellow.

"AIM FOR THE SCALE!"

And then, with a massive burst of strength, he leaned back with one hand on the hilt of his blade and lobbed it straight at the fire elemental as if he was throwing an incredibly large spear [Strength C]. "INCOMING!" he warned one final time, as the blade left his hand and he began sprinting after them. He wasn't expecting the blade to hit a one-in-a-million shot in destroying the scale, but if he could at the very least cause it to flinch or hesitate for even a moment, it would be worth it.

ACTIONS:
  • 1). Replied to Melia/Replied to
  • 2). Throws Greatsword with [Strength C]
  • 3). Sprints towards Fire Elemental.

Ryuuji Kamimura
Elvario Elvario Develius Develius DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Swagkage Swagkage RavenSong RavenSong

Of course Ryuuji was quick to assist Saoirse get whatever they needed which from the looks of things was vessels for water. At seeing the Harpy Leave Ryuuji couldn't blame her. He would have definitely done the same thing if he wasn't a slave at this early stage of the 'game' in this new world had his master not decided to stay decidedly with how dangerous this thing was, dragon or not. Of course he diligently helped to grab vessels with her. With the damn elemental closing in and the chaos going around them from it throwing firey attacks all over the place he came over to help Ereideth fill the containers to the best of his ability.

Depending on what else they might have managed to fill, if it were possible, he stayed on standby staying near Saorise ready to not only throw himself in front of her if need be to protect her, but he also got the largest container they managed to find that he'd be able to manage to toss the watery contents onto the fire elemental should it move into range after the events which were transpiring. He didn't feel confident enough to attack the scale with a sword from what he heard, but perhaps f he hit the elemental just right it would be disrupted. Normally he might have tried to heal the allies but that could come after they survived this, and having water ready to throw increased the chances of taking this thing down sooner he rationalized.

Actions:
1. set Catalyst and Sword down
2. Gather and fill containers if possible.
3. Stand by to protect Saoirse if need be and throw largest possible container which will work.

Having flown back, the witch was beginning to feel fairly exhausted, panting, she picked up her hat and slowly placed it back on her head as the witch beheld even more steam rising from the elemental. "Goodness, what hot fire! Why, it's almost as if-" then she noticed something, something peculiar, familiar, scientific, intriguing! "Why bite my tail! That's a stinkin' dragon scale!" She exclaimed, still panting and clutching her chest as the witch could feel her mana well drying up. Her spirit was heavy, but before she knew it yet another fire blast was heading her way. The elemental was suddenly more alive, threatened, even frantic.

"No, not another one." She muttered with an almost begging tone. Water magic, being an element more attuned to life was a rather difficult magic to flow through her demon heart. "Fine." She gasped, then with a determined sigh opened her stance, snapping her fingers, to fine tune her magic as little droplets and misty bluish smoke emitted from her finger tips. Then, making a circular motion with the parasol, channeled even more magic, her knees grew weak, her joints were beginning to ache, and her breathing became a bit more shallow. She muttered the words with an exhausted tone and expression, "Drowning."

Spell of drowning D

Silver Water Darts E 1/1

• Spell of Drowning Magic Affinity D- Water Affinity F - Magic Range E - Duration Magic F - Incapacitating Affinity F - Energized C - Uses her ability to pull moisture out of thin air to create an aqua sphere around a target depriving the target of oxygen - Grade C - 1 CD

Scylla's cool-downs
3/11
  • new D grade (0/2)
6/11
  • old D grade (1/2)
  • new E grade (0/1) as D was still on CD
7/11
  • old D grade (2/2)
  • old E grade (1/1)
  • new C grade (0/3)
11/11
  • old D grade (free)
  • old E grade (free)
  • old C grade (1/3)

Baharius' Sword Throw
Dice-roll.
Lucky number was 55 to score a critical. Anything closer would be better.
Rolled a natural 1 on a 1d100.

Gnollbone
Time: 11:10 Weather: Getting cloudier again.
wGAZYM4.jpg

fire_elemental.jpg

Baharius managed to stay standing, although the force of the flames still managed to sent him sliding back a good four meters. Melia, on the other hand, was off far worse. Despite defending herself as best as she could, she got sent back and tumbling by the sudden force, crashing into the wall of a building behind her.

Once Baharius managed to halt his slide-back from the knock-back, he would proceed to shout and warn the enemy his allies that he was throwing his sword at the opponent. Sadly enough, as he was starting to throw the blade, his foot slipped on the ashy ground, causing his throw to hit a nearby wall instead of heading in the fire elemental's direction. The bad part is that he couldn't have missed more. The good part was that he'd be able to pick his sword back up as he was sprinting towards the Fire Elemental.

Scylla would attempt to counter the incoming Fireball C with the strongest possible counter-attack she could muster energy for, which would be a D grade [Drowning] ability (C is still in cooldown, see the OOC spoiler). As the water hit the incoming fireball, a lot of it vaporised, yet not enough of it to fully cancel it out. The remaining force of the fireball crashed into her, doing some damage to her catalyst as it crashed into the Oak Wand (B => C grade for the remainder of the RP) she'd have raised to cast her water magic. Lucky enough, that did absorb enough of the blow for Scylla herself to only have to deal with a lot of uncomfortably hot steam and air blowing past her from the force, yet without significantly harming her.

Saoirse Desrosiers

Saoirse was absolutely fuming when Eredieth suddenly called out to her. She'd been asking that blasted squirrel how she could help without any solid answers, yet now that she had tried to come up with something of her own, the squirrel was suddenly commanding her? “That's exactly what we're doing!” She yelled back, heavily annoyed. She wasn't sure why Eredieth was using beastial either, as the Harpy was already gone.

Thanks to Saoirse and Ryuuji bringing in more containers, they were able to fill up a few more than just the two. She thought they were doing a decent enough job preparing to aid their front-liners, until she realised they themselves were about to be turned into frontliners. “Oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck...” She panicked as she noticed the same Eriedeth had. That giant mass of fire heading their way wasn't good. She wasn't ready to become rabbit roast. She had so many more people she wished to make flourish! She was too young for this!

However, when Eredieth threw water it it, it revealed the dragon scale again. Rather clearly, this time around. Scylla's magic had clearly done a number on its mana reserves. It gave her an idea. A really stupid one, but it might work. “You better prove your healing magic to me, after this!” She commanded Ryuuji. She'd force him to start flourishing rather early on. Granted, not in the manner she'd prefer, but by her calculations, this would be an ideal outcome.

Rather than using the water against the opponent, she emptied two full buckets of water onto herself, until she was soaking. Eredieth's ability to fix the well had gotten them the water needed to set this plan in motion. Her bravery to throw that last bit of water at it exposed the scale and opened up this possibility. Scylla's magic had drained the fire elemental enough for them to stand a chance. Baharius and Melia had bought them the time. Ryuuji would hopefully fix them all up, her in particular. That meant, as of right now, their teamwork was as close to flourishing as it could be.

How could she not fill in for the remaining gap in such a scenario? She waited until the Fire Giant got close to them, then [Jump F + Natural Weapons F + Intimidation F] made an intimidating leap straight at the scale and kicked it away, towards Baharius. “Now!” She called out, as the scale was ripped out of the body, clear for all to see, ready for Baharius and Scylla to throw whatever power they had at it. Yet even as the scale was flying out of the creature's chest, the flames were soon to start forming around it again. They'd have preciously little time to destroy it before the creature would reform.

Saoirse paid a heavy price for her reckless action. The moment she opened her mouth, the fire filled her mouth. Meanwhile, the water she'd doused herself in evaporated and the fire ate away at her skin, forming blisters inside and out. The pain of the scorching heat was pure torment, something a high-ranking beast like her should never be forced to experience, yet here she was. Falling to the ground in agony, unable to move or speak without significant pain. At the very least, this would set Ryuuji further on the path to flourish as a healer... if so, then it'd all be worth it in the end. Assuming, of course, the others would finish the creature off and they wouldn't all die here.

Fire Giant
[Action 1] Move
[Action 2/3] Reform

Saoirse
[Action 1] Talk
[Action 2] Get Soaked
[Action 2] Jump-Kick the Scale towards Baharius

Melia
[Action 1/2/3] Get knocked down for a round

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿

• attempt to help Saoirse
    A lot had happened in what felt like a short span of time. Eriedeth's tossed had done some damage, Scylla's, however did more. Eriedeth made a mental note to thank the witch later on, when it seemed Saoirse had some sort of idea. Eriedeth was no mind reader. She hadn't by any means known what was going on inside the haregon's mind...and she had expected better due to it having been Saoirse who had shown her the well in the first place. It started like this--From Eriedeth's perspective, anyway. Saoirse had given Ryuuji an order, evidentially he was a healer, and despite the fact that it's a giant dragon with a body made of flame, decided to instead of toss her water at it as well. Saoirse poured it on herself, soaking her fur, which confused Eriedeth until she witnessed Saoirse jump kicking the scale from the creature towards Baharius and Scylla. What suprised Eriedeth was how flames had managed to burst from Saoirse's mouth. Effectively begging to roast her like a food from earth that Eriedeth probably shouldn't be reminded of in this situation. It was also to note that Eriedeth hadn't been particularly haunted by her death in her previous life....she understood what it was like to be burned alive. Which was why she ran back to the well and grabbed a bucket she had previously dropped after tossing its contents at the fire giant. Scylla and Baharius could deal with the scale, she had to assist in preventing Saorise from becoming a roasted hare.

She filled up the bucket at the well as quickly as she could and dumped it on her, hoping to rid the flames. She also attempted to use her ability [H2O Healer [F]]. She could already figure it wouldn't do much, it only healed the minor of minor stuff. But it was the best she could do in an attempt to contribute. She looks at Ryuuji and says

"I hope you got this."
    ~~~~
    ABILITY:
    H2O Healer - Healing [F ], Affinity [F] [Water]- Grade [F] -0 post cooldown
    Allows Eriedeth to heal minor wounds such as basic aches and pains, symptoms of minor sicknesses (cold), small cuts and superficial wounds with the use of water
    ~~~~
    ACTIONS:
    1. Ran back to the scene
    2.dumped water on Saoirse
    3.attempt to heal Saoirse with H20 Healer

"N-no no no no!!" She shrieked as the witch attempted to stave back the attack, she'd instantly realized her mistake of not adding [Duration Magic] to her water attack, but before she could do so, the fire blast melted through her water sphere, scorching her want and damaging it. The magic in her wand waned briefly, but it was enough for the attack to barely make it through, as the bluish water magic flickered, it sent steam and licking flames past it. Burning her face and just about her whole person.

The witch shrieked, "AHHHHEEEEKKK!!" covering her face as she dropped to her knees, "It.. burns!!" She managed to cry out, she'd curl into a ball on the ground as the steam vaporized upon her figure. Trembling and sobbing and drenched. "Stupid.. fire.. thing." she muttered as she began to cry.

However, not everything was lost, shortly after Saoirse would call out, promoting Scylla to look over as she beheld her excellency in her own predicament before doing something quite clever and unfortunately, painful. Managing to at the very least stand on her knees, she snapped her fingers albeit weakly, there was still some trickles of magic left in the witch. She only hoped it would be enough.

Picking up her scorched want, she held it out in front of her, she seemed to have figured out how to use this spell, "Silver, Water, Darts!" She said affirmatively, before what little magic was managing to well up within her made it through to manifest into the familiar silvery darts from earlier, this time, aimed at a solid object instead of flames would pierce it like bullets.

Silver Water Darts E

Ryuuji Kamimura
191375bb603b38aa92b3af07a1830856-1-1-1-1.jpg
Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Develius Develius Swagkage Swagkage
The next series of evens felt like they were happening pretty quickly. Ryuuji had to really be aware to see them unfolding. Unfortunately the dino man's attack missed completely. Unfortunately Melia had been taking quite a bit of hits, and it looked like Scylla wasn't having the easiest time casting at full ability either with the frustration she vocalized. The next event that unfolded made Ryuuji wonder whether or not Miss Desrosiers was mentally all there. She was dousing herself, and now she was jumping up and trying to assist with taking down the fire giant directly. This, while being somewhat noble, did not match the characterization Ryuuji had expected of her at all. After all why would someone like her, an owning class beast in this place, risk her live for these strangers? It must have been out of desperation to prevent a death, or maybe she saw there being greater pay out by defeating this creature.

Those burns which developed were to be expected, and now he was supposed to use magic which he understood was possible in theory, and which he hadn't exaxly performed before, here and now, essentially eyes were on him, from both beast ladies. Since he couldn't confidently run in and strike the scale himself, upon realizing what had been accomplished, instead Ryuuji would pick up the catalyst which thankfully had been dropped nearby him. It was kind of strange as he began to exude a glow of sorts as a series of lines which sort of looked like circuits appeared on his hands, on the right hand they looked black and the left they looked white, had his clothing not been covering him one would see it went a bit farther up his fore arm too, but due to the grade of the cast it wasn't nearly as intense as it could be otherwise.

Ryuuji promptly focused on as many people as he could within the limits of his magic school, making some circular gestures with his hands and the catalyst, which for now he needed due to some inadequacy in his being which still needed to be addressed trying to heal up to 5 targets up to 30 ft around him.

1. Pick up Catalyst
2. Try to heal those harmed within 30 ft range around with ability Healing?
Magic School: [Hands of Restoration] F, Magic Range (30 ft) Magic Targets F (up to 5)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back