• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Gnollbone Village] Unwelcome Saviours

78dbb4c5-bdde-4b0f-b1f8-f6ba5ff5d2d7.jpeg

After letting go if Baharius, Scylla quickly nodded when he affirmed that alot had happened. "OH! yes, very very much has happened! I'm cursed now!" She said happily. "Well, it's not like a bad curse. I have a guardian angel of sorts!" The witch realized how outlandish she was beginning to sound And giggled it off for a bit. "Hehehe! I'm sorry, it's just that, I can't believe it's you!" The witch would flutter her eyelashes as Baharius ate her treat, and then went in to compliment her. The witch made an elegant gesture, accepting the praise wholeheartedly with a theatrical bow. "You're very welcome Mr.Lizard, sir. May you live long and your pockets lined with gold always!"

Then looking up at the dragon mid bow she thought to ask, "So are you here for the dragon too?"

It was then that the slave master Saoirse would DARE question the witch. Albeit beastkin was skeptical Scylla ignored anything behind it. "Yep! By products! You see, although dung reveals quite a bit about a dragons eating habits and I'm SURE it's lovely research, I lack suffient.. study in that field. Although.." she looked up with a finger to her bottom lip. "A sample couldn't hurt." She giggled before continuing however, "Right, one word, scales! Dragon scales is what I'm researching, I want to see if it's possible to make powerful runes, catalysts, perhaps even write a whole forbidden magic tome which my daddy- err I mean.. well.. you know what I mean. Rumors are the finest light armor is made of the stuff. Oh I'm sure you know all about that!" She started giggling.

Interrupting into the other conversation by the slave master beastkin she said her bit, "Sorry for interrupting! But I beg to differ! You see, high risk, high reward! Which means, if you defeat such a creature then.. well.. you keep his or her gold!" The witch's eyes grew bright, if one looked deeply into them you'd see a giant hill of gold and chests full if gems. "Oh, ahem.. sorry.. carry on!"

After hearing the harpy's predicament and likeliness of survival the witch gently patted the harpy's shoulder, an obviously sad look on her face, "I'm terribly sorry miss, I'm not a great warrior or super strong and muscly but.. I'll look after you if you like? I've never had a harpy friend. What do you think?"

Soon they'd make their way out, Scylla took a deep breath as her heels sunk into the mud. "Hmm, why is it whenever I wear my cutest outfit it always gets destroyed right at the beginning of the journey?" She shrugged and kept walking however, "Oh well, at least my skirt isn't ripped up this time."

Then the slave master's guard would speak up, "oh? Well.. good thing I have you by my side! Hey, I don't believe we've met, im Scylla Bancroft, just a little witch from hell nothing fancy just.. trying to get by!" She smiled a bit.

Character Sheet C3BEE6
NhZT7q8.jpg

SASUKE BLACKHEART
Standing [F Grade Character] Titles [Construct, Homunculus, Visitor] Point Booster [Narrative Booster F]
Sasuke was unfazed by Saoirse's confusion and understood that explaining something as complex and foreign as anime could be challenging. He offered a friendly response, saying, "Oh, you're not too far off with your idea of construct puppets, but it's quite different. Anime is like storytelling, where images and art of characters and their adventures come to life. In a way, you could call in magical."

As for her question about the Grand Duchy, Sasuke shook his head and replied, "I've never been to the Grand Duchy, but it does sound intriguing. It's a land of magic, isn't it? Perhaps they have more knowledge about anime or similar forms of art."

Saoirse's dismissive stance toward dragon slaying didn't deter Sasuke's fascination with these mythical creatures. He responded with enthusiasm, "Well, even if slaying a dragon might be considered reckless, dragons are incredibly captivating beings with rich lore and history. Some stories depict them as fierce adversaries, while others showcase their wisdom and majesty. It's the diversity of tales that makes the concept so enthralling."

Regarding her concern about the dragon's motivations, Sasuke offered a philosophical perspective, saying, "You're right; the reasons for its actions might not matter to the dragon itself, but they matter to us as observers of this world. It's the exploration of the 'why' that adds depth to the story."

Afterward, the conversation shifted to the harpy and her mission. Sasuke couldn't follow their conversation due to the language barrier, but he was content with letting the others handle it.

When they finally left the inn and began their journey, Saoirse's guard warned of potential bandit threats. Sasuke didn't hesitate to show his support. He reiterated her words, adding his cautious tone to the atmosphere. "Bandits, you say?" We should indeed be cautious. The road can be fraught with danger, and our safety is paramount."

As they progressed, Sasuke began forming intricate hand seals, reminiscent of the ones seen in the Naruto anime. With the final seal, he executed a firm stomp on the ground, resulting in echoing vibrations that reverberated through the air and penetrated deep into the earth beneath them. In a hushed tone, he murmured, "Sensory Synthesis - Echoflux."

Ability Used:
  • Sensory Synthesis - Echoflux | Supersense [Echolocation, Seismic Sense] + Energized E + Appraisal F + Feature: Eidetic Memory | Grade E | 0 Post Cooldown
    By merging seismic sense and echolocation, I intricately map and commit my environment within a 100 feet radius to memory.

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| Elvario Elvario (Saoirse Desrosiers. Harpy) | RavenSong RavenSong (Scylla) | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece (Ryuuji) | Swagkage Swagkage (Sasuke Blackheart) | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune (Eriedeth Pip) |

Baharius took pity upon the torments the young harpy had endured, giving a grunt of solemn acknowledgement. If he had to be honest, he didn't expect her to go on such a long-winded ramble. He expected that she'd say only a few things at best and that she would remain cold and silent at worst. Regardless of her woes, she was still ready to assist the haregon's group with their mission, given that their paths seem align. But the exposition was enough to give him a rough feel of the situation at play. "<Speed shouldn't sacrifice one's safety.>" he replied with a mildly-serious tone, "<Especially if you're out looking for danger.>"

The saurian rose from his seat, looking back at the group silently for a moment. He didn't expect to find himself departing on a quest today - let alone seeing someone he recognized. And given the team that had been assembled, he knew there was a space open for someone of his stature. A pillar of brawn. The haregon seemed to recognize this fact and no doubt expected he'd join on these circumstances. He takes a deep breath, inhaling the static air, before exhaling with a quick snort. "We'll make ensure your employers get their proof..." he said to the Harpy in common with a sigh. His snout then cocked back at her, "With you in one piece."

Once the rain ceased an hour later, the group would finally depart for Gnollbone. The day was high and the landscape before them being bright and lush. Baharius' clawed feet imprinted deep into the fresh mud as he trudged with the group, his long tail leaving occasional swishing marks akin to that of some snake or eel trackways behind him. His massive blade was binded with rope and cloth upon his massive sail, with the hilt being head first. He knew this was going to be a bit of a slog to get through, if the path didn't dry up down the line, but he was used to marching through rough conditions like these. The haregon's silent stalwart bodyguard also announced that they should weary for bandits. Not that Baharius felt threatened personally - given his overall looks and size - but he would rather save his strength for their target. Hopefully his presence would be enough to deter anyone foolish in thinking to harm the group.

His eyes and ears began to focus on the conversation around him, while he remained mostly silent. The one to reply to the bodyguard was Sasuke, a voice he prominently had heard back at the inn. And later on the saurian couldn't help but notice how he was making strange symbols with his hands. He heard him mutter something unintelligible under his breath, before finishing whatever he was doing with a firm stomp. It couldn't help but peak his interest. It looked like something of a ritual. "What magic do you specialize in?" he asked Sasuke casually, as he found himself trudging next to him.

Ryuuji Kamimura
191375bb603b38aa92b3af07a1830856-1.jpg
Elvario Elvario Develius Develius RavenSong RavenSong DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Swagkage Swagkage

As confused as Saoirse may have been Ryuuji very well as much understood what Sasuke was talking about as he continued to explain. So for now Ryuuji continued to play it cool. Truthfully he was there to help Saoirse prosper, because if she did theoretically he did too. That meant if learning about the dragon could help further that he was willing to give it a shot. He too was curious about the world to an extent as Sasuke had been but he was perhaps more interested in how it could benefit his interests.

Thanks to all the beastial being used beyond that, he still wasn't sure about the Harpy's plight himself but based on what he could tell from the conversation as far as people were acting, it looked like his thoughts on them being of use to the two slaves and their master was correct. It was even more apparent she wasn't from around there with the way she responded. Many other beasts would have probably taken his compliments in stride. So he was a bit surprised when he told her he didn't need to address her that way.

"Yes my name is Ryuuji Kamimura. How would you prefer I address you? I sincerely hope that wasn't bothersome to you, I was trying my utmost to follow proper etiquette." He said with an apologetic bow.

Even so he couldn't very well start outwardly acting like he was an equal with a Beastkin particularly somewhere like here. Based on her reaction perhaps there were places which were less rigid and more tolerant of humans which The Republic of Kuridan was to an extent but there was still bias held there for non beast . Regardless the West Empire was not one of those places. From what Ryuuji had seen it had a lot of similarities to what historical China had been from his world.

Irrespective, as Miss Desrosiers' property he couldn't afford to reflect badly on her by acting out place in such a public setting like this.

Even so he listened with great interest to what Eriedeth had to say as far as her projects went, still keeping his respectful distance attempting to appear as polite as possible. " ...A catalyst which is more convenient and possesses additional features? That sounds like a quite an intriguing aspiration, I look forward to you making it a reality. Thank you again for humoring my request, I appreciate it." He responded. This was definitely one to keep an eye on from what he could tell she was starting out but had aspirations which could prove to be quite profitable if she proved to be good at her craft..yes , he felt the insight he had gained was valuable as far as gaining information for Miss Desrosier.

By that point the group was on the road, while Ryuuji hadn't understood a great deal of he conversations going on around him, he did know that the dino like beastkin was joining them which was good as far as combat was needed, Sasuke too, and the witch figure who Baharius seemed to get along well with, an implication of them knowing one another from something prior.

Baharius' comment o the harpy in common helped tip Ryuuji off, that whatever reason she was accompanying them, it was to increase her chance of safety which was understood, unfortunately under these circumstances Ryuuji couldn't do much more than appraise and act as a meat shield so hopefully he and Saoirse could leave the combat to the more capable.

Then of course he heard Melia share the less than pleasant fact. Great, bandits, a group which existed solely to make their lives easier and his even worse, like hell he was going to let bandits rob Miss Desrosier with the way she had already described the finance situation. He too like Melia stayed close to Saoirse but on the other side parallel to her.

"I'll be vigilant" Ryuuji spoke calmly, the serious look returning to his face. If they weren't heading into such a possibly hazardous area he might have been able to enjoy the pleasant surroundings more. He too was curious as to what Magic Sasuke used just then, at least that's what he presumed it was..but the question had already been asked so for now he'd listen, to see what else he could learn from the group, keeping mental notes on everyone who had joined the party so to speak. He figured he could share what he learned with Saoirse a bit later, so that the agenda he was helping to fulfill wasn't as obvious.

Rolled another dice. Got a 1.
1 = Great start of the trip. Fun times. Fortune favours them.
2 = Decent start of the trip. Nothing too special.
3 = Boring start. Nothing special happens.
4 = Sort-off bad start of the trip.
5 = Big trouble right off the bad.

Road Towards the Kingdom
West Empire, northern parts.
Time: 10:20 Weather: Sun finally breaking through the clouds
pZc40rq.jpg
From: https://rare-gallery.com/4561629-road-sunset-grass-clouds-fantasy-art.html
Mentions: Ryuuji Kamimura TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Sasuke Swagkage Swagkage | Eriedeth DarkKitsune DarkKitsune | Baharius Develius Develius
Language keys: Common | <Beastial>

Ilma
xMuhZMx.jpg

She harpy was a bit surprised when she got asked for her name by Eriedeth. “<Ilma.>” She replied. Either she didn't have a surname or she didn't feel like sharing it, but Eredieth had already gotten more of an answer than most.

Saoirse Desrosiers

Her face was clearly not pleased by the thought of this Human filth digging through dragon's filth. She was fully expecting Scylla to start digging through dragon dung by now. “If you do feel the desire to go dung digging, please avoid doing so while I'm around and wash up afterwards.” She replied, trying to be as diplomatic as possible. However, that turned into a bit more of a natural interest when the scales were mentioned. “Scales, huh? You're right, those do seem like they might be a worthwhile find. I stand corrected.” She caved in, to some degree at least, sacrificing a tad bit of dignity in the hopes of being able to exploit this as a potential source of income later. If this witch would truly find something of great use, it'd sell for a fair price, after all. She just needed to figure out how to get a margin on it.

She sighed, however, when Scylla went with the 'high risk, high reward' option. “If you're that eager to feed yourself to a dragon, I won't stop you, but I'd say it's a waste of your potential. I'd say the real high risk, high reward, is going to a place it's been spotted at like we're doing. Not purposefully trying to chase after it, that's where it'd just become suicidal.”

Scylla, sadly enough, had no clue what the Harpy and other beasts were talking about in their native language.

Meanwhile, Saoirse had given up on figuring out what 'anime' might be. Or where Sasuke was from. By now, it got a bit too weird to make sense. Talking about things that sounded like it only could be Duchy magic, without having been there? It was either a lie or some made-up stories, she figured. Either way, there was no need for her to continue trying to figure it out.

As for his stance on dragon tales, she had to think for a bit. “Perhaps. I did once hear rumours that some of them are related to beastfolk and aren't monstrous or feral, but... well, considering the one that was spotted here raised an entire village, I'd say it's safer to assume it's the type of feral monster that will eat you on sight.” She concluded as she was thinking aloud for a second. “Observers of this world...” What the fuck was he talking about? “You have a rather odd way of speaking.” That was the politest way she could put it.

Sasuke's Sensory Synthesis would reveal absolutely nothing of worth. Not because the skill didn't work, but because everything seemed to be about as safe as simple as it could get. Either Melia was overly careful, or they had picked a great timing to be moving. Perhaps even the bandits had been hiding away from the downpour somewhere and hadn't returned to the area yet? Either way, they could keep going leisurely for a bit longer.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

She was genuine surprised when the witch went in to formally introduce herself. However, considering her mistress seemed to be playing friendly with these people, she deemed it best to follow suit. “It's nice to meet you, miss Bancroft. I wish you luck on your attempts to get by.” She spoke, a little awkwardly, as clearly she wasn't talked with or too a lot, due to her slave status.

Ilma
xMuhZMx.jpg

Having aired out her qualms to Baharius (perhaps influenced by the strong alcoholic drink she'd poured down in no-time in the early morning after a long flight), she felt oddly comforted by his words. Even so, her smile was a wry one. “<I'm afraid I'm not the one allowed to make such calls.>” However, she didn't seem to react to his promise.

As the group progressed, she'd fly in circles above them, every so often venturing away for a bit to check up on something. After a bit, however, she returned carrying something in her clawed feet.

latest

“<I found berries.>” She explained, as she flew above Baharius, seemingly intending to hand over the entire bush of them (which looked like she'd just pulled it out of the ground) and possibly wondering if she should use him as a landing spot while at it.

Ryuuji Kamimura
Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Develius Develius Swagkage Swagkage

As they traveled down the path, thankfully there wasn't anything dangerous off the bat yet which was appreciated. Somewhat eccentric figures aside, he wouldn't have Sasuke to be so open about his Isekaied status, Ryuuji figured that playing it safe like he was was the more strategic plan for him, he was already almost as close as you could get in the hierarchy to the bottom of society, there was no way he needed the added stigma of being identified as someone from another world, not this early by any means at least, he needed to grow sufficiently in power and abilities. Far too vulnerable for his own liking at the moment.

Hearing what he could from those who were speaking in common about the dragon and what they were hoping to do with it..perhaps there was value in getting parts of it if it was possible, whether it was dung, scales, or teeth surely from a formidable monster like that who was presumably magical in origin..it could only mean that parts must of been rare. Even as those thoughts filled Ryuuji's mind, he was aware that the current priority was to just make more profit for Saoirse and then get out o there, lest these people planned on being of more use later.

With Scylla using a language he could actually understand relatively close to him, she referred to herself..as a witch, which if witches in this world were to his understanding..that did confirm she should be some kind of magic user no doubt no? She didn't seem particularly evil or what Ryuuji might have assumed a sterotypical witch to be like, like you'd hear in fairy tails..granted there were plenty of good witches in Japanese media too... Regardless this seemed like an opportunity to gain more information if he played his cards right, given Scylla seemed like she was willing to talk and friendly enough. It wasn't like he was required to stay silent after all if he was respectful as possible, and seeing that she spoke to Melia in such a way..that meant that she didn't mind speaking to slaves no doubt...with those mental details going through his head Ryuuji turned to Scylla himself.

"Miss..Bancroft, if it isn't imposing, I couldn't help but overhear that you referred to yourself as a witch..does this mean that you practice magic?..If you do, would you mind speaking to me on the topic some? As someone whose looking into the topic myself, It's one that interests me, and I haven't had many opportunities to speak people who are capable of such feats." He rationalized this time. If anything he could get more information for Saoirse and perhaps information for his own practice if she was charitable enough. Based on her confidence and scale of research it sounded like maybe she was capable of powerful magic feats.

What Ryuuji hadn't been expecting was when the harpy flew off however and came back with what looked like a bush of berries, quite looking like she just plucked it off the landscape. "Would anyone..happen to know what kind of berries those are?" He asked quietly looking up at the scene the question coming out of his mouth partially in surprise, hoping that whatever happened next wasn't about to upset their dino like friend from the looks of things.

Last edited:

Character Sheet C3BEE6
NhZT7q8.jpg

SASUKE BLACKHEART
Standing [F Grade Character] Titles [Construct, Homunculus, Visitor] Point Booster [Narrative Booster F]
Sasuke had always relied on his unique senses as a sort of safety net, a way to navigate the various dangers of this new world. When he activated his ability this time, he anticipated discovering lurking threats, hidden ambushes, or other imminent dangers that had often required his quick and decisive action. So, it was to his genuine surprise that this mystical sensory power unveiled nothing more than an almost eerie tranquility. There was an unsettling calmness in the readings he received, as if the world itself held its breath, waiting for something unexpected to happen.

However, Sasuke had learned not to underestimate the instincts of experienced individuals, such as Melia. He recognized her as a seasoned guard, and in a world as unpredictable as this, it was unwise to dismiss any sense of vigilance. Therefore, even though his magical powers indicated no immediate danger, Sasuke remained cautious. He couldn't help but think that the absence of a detected threat might be the very thing to be wary of.

When Baharius inquired about his magical abilities, Sasuke replied with an air of confidence. "Ah, my friend, you see, I'm something of a scout. I possess certain abilities that allow me to sense things around us," he said theatrically, hoping to add a mysterious nature to his skills. "However, for now, all seems calm, which is a good sign, but it's always wise to be cautious, isn't it?"

His conversation with Baharius brought forth a theatrical yet confident side of Sasuke. In a world that was alien to him, where his own origin was shrouded in mystery, he opted to present himself as a protagonist in a grand tale, a figure wrapped in intrigue and mystique. Consider it a coping mechanism that he relied on since he was brought to this new world. He embraced the peculiarities of his unique abilities, treating them as arcane gifts bestowed upon him.

He shared his abilities with Baharius, emphasizing the vague and enigmatic nature of his powers. His words were deliberately dramatic, an attempt to make his skills seem more magical than they truly were. After all, the concept of sensing was far less captivating than his presentation implied. Sasuke wasn't a master of the arcane; he was an ordinary individual with an extraordinary skill.

As they continued their journey, Sasuke couldn't help but maintain a heightened sense of alertness. The stillness of the surroundings, combined with Melia's caution and the uncertainty of this new world, made him uneasy. He felt a subtle but undeniable undercurrent of tension in the air, like the calm before a storm.

Despite the unease, Sasuke was curious about the saurian. He turned his attention toward Baharius, as he was eager to strike up a conversation with him, "And what about you, my reptilian companion? Do you wield any magical talents, perhaps of the elemental variety?" His tone was lighthearted, but his interest in the saurian's abilities was genuine. In this world, full of unfamiliar faces and mystical wonders, Sasuke was eager to learn and make connections, forging bonds with those he now found himself traveling with.

"Oh? I was totally kidding madam Saoirse, heh.. but I'm sure even  you couldn't resist a mountain of gold!" Putting her face a bit closer to Saoirses she teased with a pouty face, "Am I right? Eh?" She giggled before it became uncomfortable and stepped back. "Oh, there are many pleasures in this world. Better try them all while you can!" Perhaps the drink might have been too much for the poor witch.

Once outside in the open, she had inquired the guards name, she seemed alert, suspicious and cautious in her gait and tone. Scylla, although a bit of a bimbo, knew that she was expecting some sort of ambush, or anxious about something of the sort. The witch thought to make a friend if she could however, "Oh come on you can do better than that!" She said holding her stomach as she held back a laugh. "Alright, alright, you're just shy." The guards stern demeanor definitely didn't make her seem too friendly, the witch noticed her eyes would be ever vigilant of the slave master's, it was safe to conclude perhaps she was some sort of guard.

She walked along happily, humming to herself a song she occasionally sung the lyrics, "oobla di.. ooblada.. mhm mhm la la la la life goes on." Anyone who would catch her gaze was met with a wink or a smile or sticking her tongue out at them playfully. She was a bit of a imp, and it showed everyday that much more.

Then the slave would inquire about her abilities while expressing his interest in the mystic arts, at first he'd speak a little low to which she came a bit closer to hear him better matching his pace. "Oh? You want to know about magic huh? You're so cute." Pulling out her parasol catalyst, she opened it and continued, "Well, I'm not sure how much you know already little sir, but I specialize in elemental magics, oh yes, like fire, water, lightning?" She nodded at him like he already knew, "Right, well, there's also black magic and light magic which are incredibly oppositional forces that should never ever ever be combined in a spell, believe me, I've tried it! It changed my hair color!" She giggled nervously for a bit. "Right, your question, if you're just starting out I would recommend proper instruction, otherwise you fall into wonky habits and in the heat of the moment you could accidentally make it rain fire instead of sending out a fire projectile!" Looking at him for a moment she titled her head, "Pfft! [Focus] as much as you can no matter what happens or who is getting stabbed to death right Infront of you or who you're trying to save." Her tone was a bit more serious, "Sometimes, there's nothing you can do, not even countless hours of healing magic study can bring a friend back from the dead." Scylla then shrugs and looks away, "Then of course there's magic that opens various planes of existence of which I hope to create a whole world of my own someday! But.. it takes years, and no guarantees at that!" She sighs then looks back at the fledgling mage, "Magic, although powerful, has it's limits. So use it wisely okay?" The bubblegum haired witch would then mess up Ryuujis hair and pinch his cheek. "Eek! You're stupidly cute, go away, or I'll turn you into a toad!" She shook her head and giggled, obviously joking or flirting.

Not really knowing the harpies intentions, (because of the language barrier) she wondered if her [Educated F - Academia - Arcane - History] would yield any results, [Nature] was likely more appropriate, however most of academia had it's roots in natural sciences it was possible that something could yield in the witch's mind.

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| Elvario Elvario (Saoirse Desrosiers. Ilma) | RavenSong RavenSong (Scylla) | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece (Ryuuji) | Swagkage Swagkage (Sasuke Blackheart) | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune (Eriedeth Pip) |

"Correct." Baharius answered with seasoned assertiveness, his old general general acting as if he was testing a young recruit's knowledge, "To have your guard down makes you vulnerable. Focus on your surroundings. Be prepared for any engagement, expected or otherwise." He wasn't sure what to make this the young man's seasoned theatrics - perhaps he could have a career as an actor if he tried hard enough - but wouldn't think much as being mildly amusing. On the other hand, such energetic and lively behavior were traits that could be considered beneficial for a scout. They were definitely the tell-tale traits of a bright-eyed student, one willing to learn and improve while expressing confidence in their abilities. In due time, he might achieve that goal. It all depends if he lives long enough to see it bear fruit.

When asked if he wielded any magic, the spined saurian gave a humored chuckle. "You'll be disappointed to find I wield no such magic... as far as I know anyways. Rather I have my strength and physicality speak for me." He shows off his muscular arms and sharp hooked claws, before leaning his upper body forward; allowing Sasuke to have a closer look at the massive blade strapped to his sail, "As does my blade."

Soon enough, the harpy - whom he learned was named Ilma - would return from scouting ahead. Though not empty handed. He'd notice, as she flew over him, that she was carrying a berry bush she must've plucked from the ground - with roots still flinging loose particles of dirt and soil - and presented her find to the group. Seemed nice of her to forage around for some subsistence for the road. The saurian lumbered over, looming over the shrub as he lowered his head to inspect it. Ryuuji would ask if anyone knew what berries these were, to which Baharius shook his head. It was a good question to ask, as he knew the dangers of accidentally ingesting a poisonous berry that could make you sick. Even death was possible depending on the berry in question.

While his knowledge in botany was much more limited, perhaps he'd be able to sniff out whether or not these seemed edible. To which he did, sniffing the berries with (Heightened Sense [Smell] E) to figure out if his instincts believed it was edible or not.

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong Swagkage Swagkage Develius Develius

<Ilma, that's a lovely name. Mines Eriedeth.>

She told the Harpy as the group journeyed on their way, it seemed Ilma had only spoke Beastial so far. Eriedeth wouldn't try to bother her unless it was really necessary. Ilma hadn't really seemed interested in conversation. So Eriedeth hadn't felt the need to force one. She remained relatively quiet as Saorise spoke to Scylla about stuff involving dragon scales and dragon dung. And Eriedeth had no input on the conversation. Sasuke had used his sensory synthesis again. She had seen him do it once before. It was how he learned of the raid, so as it stood, it was a relatively useful skill, especially in circumstances like bandits and who knows what had potential to appear. However, as much as Eriedeth could listen, the squirrel couldn't find any way to get involved in the others' conversations. She had felt awkward when Ilma brought back some berries. Eriedeth had also came closer to investigate. She wasn't an expert at anything food related. However, she hoped it to be similar to chemicals and smelled them with Heighten sense [F] [smell].​

Road Towards the Kingdom
pZc40rq.jpg
From: https://rare-gallery.com/4561629-road-sunset-grass-clouds-fantasy-art.html
Mentions: Ryuuji Kamimura TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Sasuke Swagkage Swagkage | Eriedeth DarkKitsune DarkKitsune | Baharius Develius Develius

Saoirse Desrosiers

Saoirse looked at the berries pointed out by Ryuuji. She could ask the harpy about them directly, but she figured that wouldn't be necessary, as she somewhat recognised them herself. “I'm pretty sure they're edible.” That was all she knew about them and all that really mattered, wasn't it?

“Gold is only useful if you're alive enough to use it.” She replied to Scylla, trying to figure out just how naïve this human was. Being so comfortable with the way she was treating someone at least two castes above her own! It sort-off made her wonder if she should try to enslave the witch. It could be fun to see how she could make this one flourish. Ah, but she might also be a lost cause already? That'd be a bit of a big risk. “Pleasure, huh?” She clicked her tongue. Individuals chasing nothing but pleasure didn't tend to make it far. “I prefer intellectual stimulation.” She replied, thinking about the satisfaction of 'levelling up' people, like her slaves, as well as how great it would be to truly make them flourish.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

She was taken aback by Scylla's behaviour. It was far more carefree than she'd seen anyone be in... well, forever. “Better... how?” She asked, almost instantly regretting the fact she'd done so.

Scylla, oddly interested in studying the berries, could only confirm one thing. The same that Saoirse had said. In [History], both ancient and modern, those berries were indeed consumed by people.

Ilma
xMuhZMx.jpg

Neither Baharius nor Eriedeth were able to smell much in regards to the berries. At least not until Ilma used one of her talons to rip off a berry. With the sharp talon piercing through its skin, the berry juices started flowing and immediately brought forth a citrus-like scent. The texture resembled more of an apple, however, although Ilma was already munching on one of them. “<They're good.>” She added, wondering why the others were just smelling them instead of trying them out.

Road Towards the Kingdom
Time: 11:20 Weather: Sun finally breaking through the clouds
pZc40rq.jpg

About an hour later, the village was supposedly close-by. Except there was still not a sign of it. No people on the roads, farmers working the field... If these outskirts of the town were anything to go by, they wouldn't find much liveliness in the town itself either.

Some of the group, by now, were better off than others. Most of them, in this case Saoirse, Ryuuji, Melia and Scylla, were a bit tired from the hour long hike across the muddy roads. Those with better physique's, like Eriedeth and especially Baharius, had barely warmed up. They could keep hiking for a lot longer if needed. Sasuke, however, having a physique akin to a child's, was already exhausted.

To Baharius's [HS - Smell E], there was a feint scent of burned buildings in the air. It'd become clear to Eriedith with [HS - Smell F] a bit later. Notably, the Harpy was flying low to the ground. Clearly anxious about what they were approaching. Melia had been sticking close to Saoirse, who'd gotten a bit more tense as well. “Well... I guess it's time to go find out of the dragon is gone or not... Anyone willing to go first?” She said, as she looked in the direction of where the village should be, just around the corner on the other side of the hill they were on.

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong Swagkage Swagkage Develius Develius

Eriedeth's thoughts on the subject of the berries were that she refused to eat them even if the smell reminded her of lemons or oranges. Perhaps she was just being a bit too cautious or maybe she just wasn't that hungry...surprisingly. Though Eriedeth still felt bitter towards Saoirse. Probably because she came off more of a racist than anything. Which was still a problem Eriedeth remembered people having on earth and she hated it. During the hour-long journey she had kept an eye out for anything. She didn't have heightened sight, but it didn't mean she couldn't have tried to keep a look out. During the trip she thinks to herself.

'Maybe some sort of radar feature? Something to help tell when there's something or someone I can't see bad or good?'

At the rate she was going with her choice of adventures, she had figured it would be nothing more than a fair feature to try and add to her catalyst once she made it. However, Eriedeth also remembered that she would need to create a diagram and see what she could actually do. As much as she could burden herself with those thoughts now, it was an issue for the future. Upon arrival, after Saorise asked if someone could go in first, Eriedeth asks Sasuke.

"Do you think you could use your sensory Synthesis again?"​

Character Sheet C3BEE6
NhZT7q8.jpg

SASUKE BLACKHEART
He listened to Baharius's explanation of his abilities, his gaze fixed on the saurian's muscular arms and the intimidating blade strapped to his side. There was a sense of admiration in his eyes, mixed with a tinge of longing. As someone who had always been relatively frail in his previous life, Sasuke couldn't help but feel a desire to possess such physical strength. "Impressive," he admitted, glancing down at his own unimpressive physique and then back to Baharius with an almost wistful look. "One day, I hope to be as strong as you."

As their journey continued, fatigue began to take its toll on Sasuke. He had pushed himself to keep up with the group, despite his physical limitations. His body was drenched in sweat, and his steps had become sluggish. Yet, he persisted, not wanting to be a burden to the others. He maintained the facade of a carefree and enthusiastic traveler, despite the obvious signs of exhaustion.

When Eriedeth suggested using Sensory Synthesis again, Sasuke attempted to respond with a thumbs-up and a few words, but his drained state made it difficult. His knees buckled, and he ended up on the ground. Sasuke seized the opportunity to use the sound of his fall, making it a part of the technique. As he lay on the ground, he whispered, "Sensory Synthesis," sending echoes out to scout their surroundings.

Melia's question about who would go first loomed in the air. Sasuke, lying on the ground, offered his capabilities to scout ahead, but before that, he had a request. "If you could give me a few moments to catch my breath, it would be my pleasure to head in first."

Ability Used:
  • Sensory Synthesis - Echoflux | Supersense [Echolocation, Seismic Sense] + Energized E + Appraisal F + Feature: Eidetic Memory | Grade E | 0 Post Cooldown
    By merging seismic sense and echolocation, I intricately map and commit my environment within a 100 feet radius to memory.

Last edited:
Ryuuji Kamimura
Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Swagkage Swagkage DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Develius Develius

Ryuuji himself was a bit surprised by just how casually Scylla interacted with others, particularly Miss Desrosiers which to Ryuuji’s understanding had a much higher standing. She wasn’t just a beast but an owning class beast who came from a higher than average background. He did find his gaze on Scylla, her jovial, seemingly playful attitude and demeanor actually wasn’t the worst thing to see, it was somewhat refreshing from all the suits back in his old life, many of whom were pessimistic and just tired of the monotony of day after day.

But then she came right up to him to talk to him, “If it really wouldn’t be too much troub-.” He was mid way reiterating after she asked before he found her calling him cute…he couldn’t even remember the last time a lady called him cute in his last life..what was it maybe high school? College? Who knew, either way his attention was affixed to her, despite feeling like his heart elevated a bit from the unexpected compliment, he managed to keep a respectful serious face well enough.

“Elemental magics…so those are possible I think I’ve heard of those in passing..and don’t mix light and black, noted.” He said at a softer tone while she was speaking. Hearing her disclose something which left such an impactful effect made him wonder if Scylla’s research could be valuable later given it sounded like she was willing to do more risky experimental things. Why take the risks himself if he could possibly get the information from others? Of course he didn’t know how long he’d get to see her or if he'd even see her again after this, but it was still information to keep in the back of his mind.

“I see..of course there are risks of developing bad habits..that makes sense too.” he gave her a nod as they walked. The last thing Ryuuji wanted to do was start casting and make the wrong thing happen. Focus…I’ll have to keep this in mind too, it sounds like it’s an important part of how magic works in this world. He thought to himself.

“There really a point you cannot bring someone back?..” he responded inquisitively, “Really? If it isn’t too much trouble, would..you happen to know when that point is?” This seemed like an area worth asking about more since It was something he was hoping to focus in..but if his plan went accordingly with his eventual rise to being a ‘main character’ then hopefully just like the protagonists he’d heard of, he’d be able to go beyond these limits, having this feeling while still being unaware that S grade magic existed which could even transcend what Scylla was describing.

“It sounds like you have a plethora of knowledge and experience. I'm certain that you can make your goal a reality, Miss Bancroft.” He said encouragingly to her.

“I truly appreciate what you’ve shared with me, someone like myself is hardly worthy of your time, let alone knowledge, your kindness knows no bounds. I will take your wisdom to heart.”

This appreciation was truthful since she just basically gave him a magic 101 in popular areas of magic that the world had to offer, figuring including the hamming up the praise would allow him to continue to play the role of slave well enough. But then he found his cheek getting pinched and his hair getting messed with, which given the style wasn’t a big deal. Ryuuji let out a bit of a smile when she said the last part to him, realizing what she said was in jest. To think she was so comfortable coming up to Miss Desrosiers’ property (him) and touching him like that was also a testament to her free spirit, since it was like touching what belonged to someone else without asking.
---
Upon seeing the other’s words and actions, he gave an intent focused respectful nod to Miss Desrosiers first and foremost to acknowledge her words. Then with Ilma taking a berry and tasting it, Ryuuji almost wanted to let out a sigh but he did not, of course if she forged it, it was no doubt good to eat..she was a beastkin after all, but even so being overly cautious had been the safer play in a new world.

“Thank you.” He spoke in common, unsure if she knew it. Learning from the other conversations that their dino friend didn’t know magic.

And then the catalyst crafter who he had been speaking too earlier seemed to go quiet..which he couldn’t blame her, sometimes it was just easier to blend into the background..a skill which he was constantly working on improving as his new life as a slave.

After some more walking Ryuuji found himself at the outskirts of what he could only assume was the place they had been heading too and it appeared to be incredibly dead.

Ryuuji would much rather that someone else went first upon hearing it, why should he? He wasn’t someone who knew combat or who had anything beyond basic appraisal skills that only seemed to work up to 5 ft, so he wouldn’t be a ton of use here, someone like Sasuke would be much better suited,

Ryuuji decided it was worth giving his feedback in this instance. “I do believe there’d be strategic value in someone who has enhanced reconnaissance skills and or combat skills to get a feeling first..” By all means he was fine with Sasuke going or perhaps even the Dino or Harpy checking things out..but something told him Ilma wouldn’t be sold on the idea..those two just seemed like they’d be some of the most willing based on what he’d learned from the group from the get go. Glad to stand for a moment as the trek had used up some of his energy.

Seeing Sasuke use his ability once more at the request of Ereideth, letting Ryuuji know she had at least a base level good instincts as far as strategy was concerned in a new potentially dangerous area, which he approved of.

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| Elvario Elvario (Saoirse Desrosiers. Ilma) | RavenSong RavenSong (Scylla) | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece (Ryuuji) | Swagkage Swagkage (Sasuke Blackheart) | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune (Eriedeth Pip) |

"Perhaps one day," Baharius chuckled at Sasuke's aspirations; not of mockery but of vague endearment. Whether or not he succeeded was not his business. He simply hoped more that he'll succeed then fail.

Regarding the berries, it would appear that they were harmless. A waft of citrusy tang was enough to convince the saurian that these were indeed edible. It just helped for him to be cautious, especially when foraging in less familiar lands. With that, he opened his jaws and took a mouthful of bushy leaves; stripping a few fruit right off the branches. And how curious... he expected to eat something like that of an orange or grapefruit given its scent, yet its texture was much more like that of an apple's. Still, while unexpected, they were rather tasty. For anyone familiar with what dinosaur Baharius resembled, it might seem weird for a primarily hyper-carnivorous/piscivorous-based beast to be eating plant matter. However, Baharius was just as omnivorous as any other human or bestial; simply preferring a meat/fish-based diet with an occasional fruit or plant-based supplement.

Much to the relief of anyone in the group fearing they were on his menu.

After another hour of travel, the group would be near the outskirts of destination. At least, he imagined they would be. For Baharius, this trek barely felt like a proper march. He expected it to be much longer endeavor, for he hardly broke a sweat in this fair weather. That said, the deathly silence that ruminated here was a telltale sign of what things were to come. No signs of any of the villagers or farmers. If any were nearby, they either were long gone or dead. He sniffs the air, raising his snout up to get a good whiff, and immediately detects the fait scent of smoke and ash. They were certainly on the right track; Saoirse would merely confirm it to the rest of the cast.

Now for the big question posed by the haregon leader. Was the dastardly dragon still in the area? Or did it move on to the next village to set aflame? Someone had to go check, or at the very least take the plunge first. There was hesitation with the human companions, something Baharius understood well. Eriedeth would ask an already exhausted Sasuke to utilize his "Sensory Synthesis" ability, with the latter even recommending to go in first once he caught his breath.

"Rest." Baharius commanded lowly to the boy, before stepping up towards the front near the haregon, "I'll go first." He then locks eyes on Ilma. "Cover me. You can report back our findings to the others while I wait within."

Last edited:

"Oh dear me!" She giggled uncontrollably, "Live long enough? Pfft! There's magics that can bring you back to life! Hehehe!! You'll slay the dragon, the dragon kills you too BUT if you have friends that live in the hellish places they'll spit you back out!" Surely she was pushing it with the slaver, but quickly stuttered and remembered exactly where she belonged in the caste system. "Err.. I.. my apologies, I.. I have a no no.. I say more than I should sometimes." She entwined her hands together in apology.
---

She listened intently to the young slaves words, he was quite delightful to the bubbly witch, she'd entertain his inquiries further however, "Oh but of course dear, I don't mind telling you everything! Pfft! But it would take us many days for me to explain everything with explicit detail. Right! So about bringing people back to life, it's.. a bit complex.. heh heh.." she glanced at Saoirse especially after telling her everything about what's possible with connections to the hellish realms. "There's two ways to do it.. the nice way and the not so nice way pfft! I indulge in the not so nice methods. But as long as a cadaver has been dead less than ten days, its possible! They say a soul lingers around it's body for about that much time before being snatched by demons.. or.. ugh.. angels." She shuddered at mentioning angels. "Yuck! Anyway! Hope that answers your tid bit!"

The Ryuuji thought to stoke the witch's ego, to which her features became brighter and brighter and brighter, from a smile to her eyes widening to her fiddling with her fingers to her eyes exploding with stars and finally, she seemed to float about an inch above the ground ecstatically flattered. "Why th-thank you but.. Oh my! I assure you im but a lowly ignorant witch! Eeeeeek!!! But.. your words are the sweetest thing I've ever heard said to me!" Then burying her face in her hands she continued walking with a full blush. "Word magic.. my.. weakness!" She muttered, then turning to the slave, "Right! Well, I'll be going now, duty calls, and well, you're not mine but if you have more questions please pull me aside!" She called out towards Ryuuji as she picked up the pace closer to the front. Flattery was quite the challenging thing for Scylla, she knew she was amazing, but when others affirmed it, it made her mind short circuit.

Looking at Baharius, "Mr.Lizard! I.. hi!" She said awkwardly before getting a handful of berries and plopping them in her mouth, "Nom.. nom.. Mr.Lizard, you wouldn't happen to be into the idea of carrying me would you? You see, I don't have the right shoes for this journey and my feet already hurt." She smiled but a very popped out of her mouth, quickly catching it with her hands and chuckling.

--

Things then began to turn dark as they approached the afflicted city, the countryside was practically a graveyard, "Hmm, if anyone sees any ash on the fields please let me know! Dragons are said to burn crops and eat ashes, but of course it all varies from species to species." Looking through her robes for a monocle she noticed the Almanac was still in her possession to which she gasped. This will certainly come in handy! She wondered to herself.

"Uhh.. perhaps if the harpy could fly above us a bit she could see what's out there right?" She said cleaning her monocle and placing it on her eye as she pulled out to read the strange book. "I wonder if anyone died here?" She muttered to herself as she inquired to the tattered books pages.

Almanac of the Dead - A book that was taken from the dead body of Cytha, an undead fairy that was killed by Arthur. Twice. This book allows information on anyone that is killed, their life story and who they are. - A book found within Inquiry's Fall that looks like it will fall apart at a single touch. The Souls of the Damned go through this book, taking their life and plastering it in an honest biography of who they are to any eyes willing to sin and stare at what should not be read.

Road Towards the Kingdom
pZc40rq.jpg

Saoirse Desrosiers

Saoirse's patience was slowly pushed to her limits by the Human. “At least you're self-aware.” She ended up replying, when the Human regained some of her senses before Saoirse had come up with a way to reprimand her. “You'd best not try that type of stuff with people less patient, less you'd find yourself to be some carnivore's dinner. I doubt they can resurrect you then.”

Ilma
xMuhZMx.jpg

As the harpy seemingly got addressed in Common by Baharius, she just turned her head. “<What?>” She asked. She didn't make an effort to start flying or move otherwise.

Gnollbone
West Empire, Village of Gnollbone.
Time: 10:40 Weather: Getting cloudier again.
wGAZYM4.jpg

With Baharius still being fit enough, especially compared to the exhausted construct, it was easy for him to pass Sasuke and go ahead. As Baharius went onwards, he was the first to witness the remnants of the village. Despite there having been rain in this area as well, some parts of the village still smouldered. His sense of smell would pick up on the overwhelming scent of burned wood, flesh and fabrics. Whatever dragon had been here hadn't left a single stone unturned.

Sasuke, having caught his breath, would be able to follow suit a bit later. His [Sensory Synthesis] didn't reveal anything of interest for a while, until he got closer to one of the houses. Even though they looked like ruins, there was some movement in one of them. He couldn't distinguish who or what it might be.

Saoirse Desrosiers

Considering the effort of others going first would be wasted if they didn't wait a least for a little bit, she sighed. “<Oi, Ilma, was it? Why don't you fly after them.>” She asked, wanting to speed things up.

Ilma
xMuhZMx.jpg

After a bit of doubt, she put down the berries she'd been eating and replied. “<Fine.>” She flew up, only to reappear a few minutes later. . “<All seems good. No dragon. Both are okay.>” She replied, which was enough reason for Saoirse to head for the village herself as well.

“Oh my, this place was more thoroughly burned than I figured it'd be... Hmm... Now what do we do?” She looked around, asking the 'what now' question to herself yet aloud. Would they even find anything left of any worth in here? It didn't seem like there was anyone left to enslave. Or would they have fled elsewhere? Perhaps there were valuables left. Metals didn't burn, so it could be word to dig through the ashes of the homes for a bit. “Hey.” She addressed Eriedeth. “This respecting the dead of yours, would that include leaving any valuables that might remain in these homes to the monsters or bandits that'll show up later, or do you want to join up and go grab them ourselves?”

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

“It seems so... so thorough.” She mumbled, looking across the burned wastes. This was clearly not some random fit of destruction, this was a well-planned or at least well-executed burning of all that'd once been here.

As Scylla opened op her [Almanac of the Dead], it remained empty. Perhaps she'd need to be closer to the remains of anyone that died to have their souls be linked to the book.

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:

(Earlier...)

RavenSong said:
Looking at Baharius, "Mr.Lizard! I.. hi!" She said awkwardly before getting a handful of berries and plopping them in her mouth, "Nom.. nom.. Mr.Lizard, you wouldn't happen to be into the idea of carrying me would you? You see, I don't have the right shoes for this journey and my feet already hurt." She smiled but a very popped out of her mouth, quickly catching it with her hands and chuckling.

The saurian took a moment to look down at what Scylla was wearing. Heels. Not the best choice of shoes to trek long distances in. Then again, perhaps she - or in extension they - underestimated just how far they had to go. He gave a vaguely reluctant look before relenting with sigh.

"Hop on." he replied, lowering his body to let the witch ride atop him. There was room for her to either ride on his tail, on top of his somewhat spiny neck, or the side of his sail not occupied by his great blade. Whichever worked best, the saurian would carry her all the way to the outskirts of town.

(Present)

Assuming Ilma was to follow him, Baharius proceeded to walk into the ruined town undeterred. He spoke to her in common not simply believing she'd understand him, but to ensure everyone else would be onboard with the plan. No person was to continue without understanding the current situation and the role they play here. That or he thought he spoke to her in Bestial while actually speaking in Common. Both seemed reasonable. So realizing after taking a few steps that the harpy wasn't coming, the saurian merely grumbled disappointingly. No matter. He was confident he could do this himself. And if anything dared attack him - aside from a giant draconic creature perhaps - his size and intimidation would make them think twice at least.

The only other individual who'd come after him a bit later on was Sasuke, after regaining his breath. At this point, he wouldn't stop him.

Upon entering the village proper, all the saurian could sense was the utter destruction and ruin around him. Everything looked to be dead; and everything he smelled was overwhelmingly acrid. Burnt wood. Burnt Fabric. Burnt... flesh. The few bodies he had seen so far were completely charred, their bones black as coal and buried under piles of soot, debris and ash. Baharius frowned upon seeing it all. Seeing the aftermath of scorched villages and towns was nothing new to the General. Many times would general Baharius and his troops march into these very places, whether willingly or simply passing through. The gruesome sights and memories he'd seen back then had come back to haunt him, as images occasionally flashed in familiar scenes.

Scorched bodiess. Ruined businesses. Ravaged streets.

While his mind was ravaged by the past, his face would be as firm as iron. While all this was depressing, he had a job to do. And even in the shadow of death, there was still the chance of finding survivors. Smell wouldn't help here; they'll have to find them through sight and hearing alone. "Split up." Baharius suggested to Sasuke as they neared what he believed was the village square. He began scanning through the building husks, calling out once in awhile for any survivors BOTH in Common AND <Bestial>. No one replied... not yet. Maybe they were hiding deeper into the village, or maybe somewhere on the otherside.

It was then when Baharius would hear the harpy flying just overhead, perhaps checking to see if they were alright. The beast looks up, arching his neck to gaze up at her. After giving the harpy an approving wave, she'd hover for a moment before presumably heading back to the group. The others were going to follow suit soon.

"Found anything yet?" Baharius called out to Sasuke, wondering how lucky he'd been with the search thus far.

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿

Upon looking at the sight of the Gnollbone ruins Eriedeth felt a sense of dread. She wasn't the instinctually type she knew why, as The smell of ash filled her rodent nose, a memory resurfaced. The memory of how she died, she had been a factory worker she hadn't done much with her life her knowledge in enginnering then hadn't gone go towards much. Then a chemical leak happened a leak that sprung a fire. She recalls the smell of ash and flames before dying in an ambulance on her way to the hospital. Eriedeth snapped out of it when she heard Saoirse speak once again.

“This respecting the dead of yours, would that include leaving any valuables that might remain in these homes to the monsters or bandits that'll show up later, or do you want to join up and go grab them ourselves?”

She shook her head. She hadn't been thinking of raiding homes, she answered the hares questions.

"I was thinking of checking out the ruins of any businesses that may have sold those. But if you want to check out the ruins of homes feel free to do that. I just know at least the business had been trying to sell them if they had any."

Eriedeth didn't know if that could be considered teamwork. But at least they wouldn't be arguing over what each other grabbed in the mean time. Eriedeth didn't feel right about taking stuff from the peoples homes. She looked at the ruins hazily before sighing and saying.

"I'm going in. If anything is or remains in there at least I'd have a wide range of objects to improvise with. Good luck on your scavenging Saoirse, and good luck in dealing with Saoirse Melia and Ryuuji"

With that she walks inside the ruins. And used [heighten sense [F] [smell] going in. She knew for the moment at least she wouldn't smell anything of importance among the smell of ash. Burnt items, scorched bodies that she turned her head away from.

Ryuuji Kamimura
191375bb603b38aa92b3af07a1830856-1-1.jpg

Mentions: Elvario Elvario DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Develius Develius Swagkage Swagkage RavenSong RavenSong

Ryuuji while not showing it on his face, was pleased that his words seemed to have the impact he wanted when he had been talking to the witch, she even offered to let him ask more questions later and seemed to think positively of him, this was how to play the slave role well in this world, feeling a bit of a confidence boost to boot in that moment.

"I sincerely thank you again Miss Bancroft, showing a humble slave myself, with such kindness was more than anything I could ask for." Was the response he decided to go for with another formal bow to the best of his ability, keeping within his class and trying his best at etiquette despite not having the skill which he would need to get soon enough. He didn't dare go further however given how it seemed Saoirse's opinion of Scylla wasn't shaping up to be too favorable.

Ryuuji almost wanted to make a sigh of relief when Baharius agreed to go first, he was by far one of the safest choices besides the harpy, given how Tired it seemed Sasuke had become apparently, even if that sensory ability appeared to be quite useful to him. For the time being Ryuuji waited near Saoirse as Melia did, staying vigilant encase problems arose on the arguably somewhat foreboding landscape before them. He still didn't catch the dialogue in Beastial, it still sounded sort of like gibberish Japanese to him.

But then when they advanced, it became obvious it was devastated beyond what he had been expecting too, so many burned up buildings littering the area, presumably people, even though Ryuuji didn't have enhanced smell it was doubtful this smelled good. All that effort and money which have must have gone into it all, that was certainly a shame in his mind, beside the implications of life lost. This was the nature of this world it seemed to him however, it could be harsh, the strong had a better chance of surviving while the weak were at a disadvantage, much like his last world.. Oh well, he and Miss Desrosiers would just have to make the most of what they had left behind.

His owner raised a good question, what were they to do when it was in this condition? Probably go searching through the rubble for valuables. He was content letting the Dino and Sasuke do a lot of the dangerous looking around first either way. When he heard Miss Desrosiers inquire if Eriedeth had a moral objection to looting houses of the deceased, it wasn't too much of a surprise when she indicated she did but not the businesses. Personally Ryuuji sided with his owner here, who really cared if the person was dead? There was possible profit to be had with what they left behind, especially with the point that Desrosiers brought up in that if they didn't do it the numerous number of criminals would no doubt do it first if they didn't. In the back of his mind he was still wondering if the ongoing efforts to find survivors in party would be fruitful, if they did hopefully there'd be something to leverage there.

While he actually appreciated Eriedeth's sentiment about good luck, he still felt he couldn't just let the comment go unaddressed so he plainly and curtly said, "Good luck, however, It is an honor for me to be serving Miss Desrosiers."

"With that said Miss Desrosiers, I'm ready to assist in our operations however you desire me too."
He said diligently, giving a low bow toward her.

"oh! Goodie!!" She exclaimed at Baharius begrudgingly accepting. "Now don't you worry, I won't harm even one scale on you." She said assuring as she kicked off some mud from her heels and got up on the massive creatures front shoulder by it's spiny neck. She sort of laid down on her stomach however as she held on. "Okay, I'm not an expert rider or anything, so.. I'm sorry if this is weird!" She stated with a bit of embarrassment however, the witch held fast.

"Oh! I will certainly pay you back for this favor Mr.Lizard, I never forget those who are kind to me! Even if I'm a cursed demon, I hold onto my integral heart!" She giggled some, it was such a silly thing to do, but the little extra rest on her feet would surely pay off in the end. Or at least she assured herself it would.

Once at the town, she gave a toothy grin, "Whoahoho! Look at all of this destruction Mr.Lizard, you know, dragons arent very far removed from lizards, perhaps, maybe someday I can teach you how to breathe fire or whatever element you wish! Pfft! How great would that be?!" Surely she was just talking the poor Baha's ear off, but he was the only person she'd known before this particular journey, hence the leve if comfort.

Scylla would get off Baharius when they arrived closer to the homes, "Ah! Great! Now let's take some samples shall we?" She'd open her robes to reveal a belt full of vials, taking one, and somehow someway pulled rubber gloves and goggles out of her pack. Putting them on, "We can't have our sample be contaminated by my cooties right?" She giggled a bit more before putting on a surgical mask over her mouth and nose, before getting to her knees and taking a small spoon to scoop ash from near the house. Taking the vial she inspected it. "Now, I'm no alchemist, BUT, this is a fine sample! If we can make lethal substances against the undead with vampire ashes imagine what trickery we could figure out with dragon fire ash!" Of course this was all hypothetical, there still had to be alot of research conducted.

"I'm going to be the star student of the academy after this! They'll pardon ALL of my past due exams, finals, quizzes and labs!" She'd then change her voice to sound more like a teacher's, "My my my Scylla, you've single handedly expanded our knowledge with field work ten- no, FIFTY fold than what we would otherwise be achieving on out own! You deserve an A+ on ALL of your academy work! In fact you can be considered graduated!" She giggled hysterically as a witch would, before calming herself down and putting the vial away. Then climbing a few mounds of bricks she got to the top of a large homes ruins pulling her [Almanac of the dead] once again. "Come on thing.. anyone die here?" She muttered out loud. At this point she was mostly trying to impress Saoirse, who didn't really like her much, but it seemed only the useful or those with high potential were the ones who could impress her. This would surely be the most difficult friend she would ever make!

"If only I had a [Luck] potion." She hummed as she went through the pages of the Almanac.

Gnollbone
West Empire, Village of Gnollbone.
Time: 10:40 Weather: Getting cloudier again.
wGAZYM4.jpg

Saoirse Desrosiers

She couldn't hide the disgust when she saw a beast let himself get climbed upon by a human like some sort of pet. It was one of the weirdest, most humiliating thing she'd seen in her life. It turned out that it wasn't just the human mage that was insane, but also the lizard-like beast. Great. What the fuck had she gotten herself into? Ugh.

On the other hand, Eriedeth seemed reasonable enough. “Businesses, homes... It's all the same right now. Piles of rubble.” She replied, although hit was likely that most stores had been used for living as well in a small village like this even before most of it became burned down rubble. Either way, it would be tough to locate what was what and where they might still find a thing of use. That said, the squirrel did irk her when she wished her slaves good luck in 'dealing with her' as if she didn't own them. What the hell was wrong with these beasts? Her mood was rapidly souring.

That souring mood was fixed by Ryuuji. Of course it was an honour to serve her! She was going to make these people flourish! She'd make them better than they could ever make themselves! “Good, good.” She said, happily so. “Then I'll allow you to look for the catalyst you wanted at your own pace.” She figured his loyalty was well-worth such a reward. “Melia can keep an eye out for any sign of trouble.” She added, to which her other slave simply nodded.

That said, she was absolutely stunned by the odd sight of the witch randomly collecting ash. What in the world was that going to be useful for? “Aren't ashes just ashes, regardless of what burned them?” She asked, against her better judgement in sparking another conversation with this witch. At the end of the day, the witch did have some fascinating properties too her that were tough to ignore.

As for Scylla's Almanac, she would eventually get some results, now that she was closer to where people actually died. Lives of Gnolls that lived relatively simple lives in this town, a butcher, a farmer, a trader. All of them burned to death or by inhaling too much smoke. One of them, a half-eating corpse of a butcher, did seem to have indeed been bitten in half and half-eaten. A few of the results gave her some insight in the daily life of the people in this village, or in the fact that these Gnolls had a yearly tradition of sacrificing a Human in the town's central plaza and consuming their flesh in a town-wide public barbecue. That was probably the main thing that stood out compared to normal villages, albeit not too strange for West Empire practices.

Eredieth's search was the first to get a result. She'd find the remnants of what might've been a market stall that had been selling magical trinkets. None of them seemed worth a lot, but some of them were made of rarer metals like Orichalcum and Mithril. None of them were of particularly high quality (F-E grade stuff), but some, particularly the metal bracelet catalysts, still seemed usable.

As Baharius was calling out, he'd get no response. Either nobody was around, or nobody dared to answer. His voice wasn't exactly that of a gentle-sounding source of possible aid, after all. However, as he was looking, he'd see something strange start to form in the distance. A fire was still burning, except there was nothing it could be burning. It was floating in the air, with no fuel to support it... It also seemed to be growing bigger, from a tiny flame, into a fist-sized flame, into a flame the size of Saoirse... even bigger. And it was getting closer...

images

Although Baharius would be the first one to spot it and the one closet to it, the others would soon notice it as well. Melia was already putting herself between Saoirse and this odd fire, clearly nervous as to what this might be.

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:

As he awaited Sasuke's reply, Baharius' gaze returned to stare down through the ruined avenue. But as he fixated a long stare at the distant horizon, something caught his eye. He stopped dead in his tracks; eyes squinting. There, forming in the distance, was a strange fire. At first, it might seem like it was just an average blaze that hadn't lost its steam. So long as it had enough fuel, it'll burn for as long as it wanted. But that's the thing... there was no fuel that kept this flame running.

This one was floating in mid-air; as if it had formed right before his eyes out of nothing.

Not only that, it was also expanding; gaining mass from a tiny ball of flame to being the size of a small humanoid... and it was getting closer and closer by the second. Baharius couldn't tell what this strange fire was, but it certainly wasn't natural. "Stand back!" he barked, attempting to alert the others. Being the closest to the flame in question, he was the first line of potential defense. He flaunts his weight, shifting sideways to expose his large patterned sail, exposing his teeth and giving a low guttural growl as a means to intimidate [Intimidation E]. The hand facing away from the scene firmly gripped the blade's hilt, ready to unsheathe it at a moment's notice.

Was this the trick of the dragon that could be nearby? Or... perhaps this was something else?

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿

Eriedeth, during her search, had found what seemed to be the ruins of a market stall, specifically one that sold seemingly small jewelry and stuff of the like. She picked up some items that remained which seemed to be made of rarer ores; Mithril and Orichalcum. Although she couldn't deny them being low quality, Eriedeth didn't have any qualms about it. After all, she would first have to go through the trouble of making a prototype first. Even if it wasn't much, she might end up being able to turn them into what she needed after the journey was over, which to Eriedeth seemed far from it. Maybe she could also bother Scylla about seeing if it was possible to use the bracelets despite Eriedeth's lack of magic skills? If she was able to keep them, she would. She kept them in her hand and kept on with her search. When Eriedeth noticed at a glance a bright light, she didn't have superior sight, so it was hard to tell what exactly it was til it got a little closer. Her first instinct had been to hide behind what remained of a building. Even if Eriedeth seemed a good ways away, she didn't know how much range until whatever it was could hit. She also worried about her fellow party members. She didn't know where they were located or how close they were. With that being said, after the fireball hit and or was dealt with, she would go look for them. For now she just hoped they would be OK.​

Ryuuji Kamimura
191375bb603b38aa92b3af07a1830856-1-1-1.jpg
Mentions: Elvario Elvario DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Develius Develius Swagkage Swagkage RavenSong RavenSong

Even Ryuuji took note that it was pretty odd for a beast to let a human ride on them, even if they knew one another well, all Ryuuji could decide was that Baharius was being very kind putting his friend first before such social rules. While staying near his owner he stayed quite, silently in agreement with her words that a pile of rubble was a pile of rubble regardless. As long as the person was dead or had abandoned the gear they shouldn't be getting any criminal titles. From the looks of the site it seemed like there was a good chance of them finding what belonged to deceased people which would certainly help avoid said titles.

Ryuuji then turned to face his owner when she addressed him, after hearing what she said, he got down into a low bow once more, "Thank you for your generosity Miss Desrosiers, I will do my utmost to find something which will allow me to better tap into my abilities..until I understand the art better." He spoke truthfully. He then made his way not too far away toward the nearest rubble. He heard the bit about the ashes and wondered what use there could be for them too, perhaps in magic? Under other circumstances he might have liked to investigate more, really anything that could help get him ahead to be functional in his craft would help at this point. Truthfully he'd really prefer a ring catalyst of sorts if he could find one or even a glove perhaps. Something that was big and bulky wouldn't be preferable for the precise hand movements he wanted to do in this school of magic he had been isekaied into position, from his understanding he had of it upon landing in this new world.The thought did cross his mind maybe he should have headed where Eriedeth had gone since it sounded like she might find the sort of cataylsts he needed but the fact he was a human slave and she was a beast meant he couldn't very well be as assertive and claim something if she wanted it instead lest he risk. getting in trouble so he decided against it.

If during his search Ryuuji found something that looked to be of interest he'd first use Protagonist's Assessment a grade F ability, to appraise up to 5 ft in front of him over the rubble he was investigating to see if he could get some information on whatever it was, otherwise he'd continue looking until suddenly he realized the firey ball in the sky. He felt his heart rate increase as his fight or flight was triggered..could this mean the dragon was nearby? But he didn't see anything like that around, Baharius nor Sasuke or anyone else had called out there being a large enemy like that nearby so what was causing it? Presuming he was close enough he looked back to Saoirse seeing that Melia was getting ready to protect her. He didn't really have the combat skills to do much here, other than shield her. For now he'd look around the area. Instead of running back he'd stay where he was until he ha a better idea of what was going on. It wasn't apparent if the fire ball was even intended to attack them yet..so until he either understood they were being attacked or weren't he didn't see the value in taking additional risks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back