• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Gnollbone Village] Unwelcome Saviours

This RP is part of the Isekai Hell setting. Check the links above to learn more about it.
Please let me know if you wish to join this RP, so that I can help your character get an interesting entrance into the story and make sure they've got a goal being there.

What to expect out of character:
The posting pace will stick to 48 to 72 hour cycles. The pace can go up to daily if the full party or all relevant people in sub-group have posted. The RP is intended to last a month or two. It will focus heavily on Adventure aspects and might feature some 'light' (freely and loosely interpreted effectiveness system based) combat. Depending on who joins, the story might be slightly adjusted to be slightly more investigative, slice of life, combat or adventure oriented.

When relying on secondary skills such as to investigate something or to recall knowledge without actively using them in an ability, please mention them in your post. When using abilities, please put the ability in its full at the bottom of the post it's used in and keep track of Cooldowns. Don't hesitate to ask me questions if you need more details or want to confirm things, regardless of whether that's for plot-reasons or OOC-reasons.

What to expect in character:
Beast gentry Saoirse Desrosiers finds herself rather down on her luck. With her funds stretched thin and her options limited, she decides to take a gamble by travelling to a village burned down by a dragon to see what's left to salvage.

Current Cast:
Elvario Elvario - Saoirse Desrosiers
She's planning on doing the right thing for all the wrong reasons. Whether the gods will bless or punish her for it remains to be seen.

TheTimePiece TheTimePiece - Ryuuji Kamimura
A slave goes where his master demands him to go. Whether said master's plans will strengthen or break his loyalty remains to be seen.

Some Random Cheap Inn
West Empire, northern parts.
Time: 09:00 Weather: Raining
aa48906bbf92e476b7dfba0a473a27be.jpg
Mentions: Ryuuji Kamimura TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Saoirse Desrosiers
fidxn5Y.jpg

She groaned as she stretched. “Ugh... those beds were horrible.” She complained, as she arrived in the inn's common room, stretching her arms, legs and ears. She might've been able to get a more expensive place due to her [Gentry] status, but that'd mean having to put her slaves in the stables. The latter was a no-go, as she was sure that'd decrease their performance in no-time. As a result, she'd been semi-forced to share a cheaper room with them. A big price to pay for her comfort and dignity, but a small price to pay for perusing her long-term goals. “We should almost be there though.” She stated, checking the map she'd brought for the occasion.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

She'd been up way before Saoirse to do her morning exercises. “Good morning ma'am.” She greeted, picking a carefully chosen tone between polite and casual. “I've heard some talk during my mourning routine. It seems there were no more dragon sightings, so it is safe to assume it left. However, people worry about other monsters taking over, now that most of the village and its defences are destroyed.”

Saoirse nodded. “That's to be expected, but that's a risk we'll have to take. So long as nothing strong shows up, the rewards should be well-worth the risks. It might be worth seeing if we can find others that are going there though, just in case.” She'd look in Ruyuuji's direction. “Your magic might be crucial. If we find people along the way that are planning to adventure there, we can try selling your abilities. If we find survivors that are wounded, we can try treat them and see how much they can offer in return.” With just those words, her stance on the whole matter was instantly clear. This wasn't a noble mission to save folk in need. This was very much a business opportunity. “If there's anything either of you think we need to plan and discuss, this would be the time to say it. After we leave here, I doubt we'll be able to find another village before we arrive at the one that suffered the dragon attack.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Ryuuji Kamimura
191375bb603b38aa92b3af07a1830856.jpg
Elvario Elvario

Ryuuji hadn't really had a great place to sleep since arriving in this world, in fact he had mostly slept under the stars until he had been captured, so this room while basic, was still an upgrade from living there, but it was well beyond the aspirations of wealth he was looking for.

"Good morning Miss Derosiers." He said with a bow. He went for a formal respectful approach in how he addressed her. Ryuuji had sort of just been idling and watching Melia do her exercise thing. But when his owner stirred he went to attention to her. He felt pretty lucky he hadn't been instructed to do that sort of work out. Indeed in this form it was pretty clear he was destined for other great feats which were not inherently physical. Either way he found Melia's desire for greatness to be rather impressive.

"It's quite bold of them not to make better accommodations knowing you were their clientele, while it's more than generous for someone like Melia or myself, They should have made it their utmost to give you their absolute best given the circumstances."

From that point onward, Ryuuji listened to the pair talk. What was nice for him was, regardless when they decided to move out he didn't really have many belongings to manage at all from when he came here in this new world, the majority of them beside the clothing on his back had been lost when he was captured. He did however listen to Saoirse carefully, when she spoke strategically after Melia Hayward. However when he heard her plan spelled out this way, there was business to attend too.

"Since this is very relevant to what our current plans are moving forward, I should inform you of this now, while those you bought me from, were telling the truth that I am studied in a magic art which does not require a catalyst, my abilities have not developed to the point where I can reliably do so without the assistance of one for the time being. The practice ring catalyst which I had been using before to practice the art of Hands of Restoration I was taken got seized, and It was never returned to me, so I believe It would be ideal for the expertly crafted vision you've laid out if I could get my hands on a new one even if just for the time being." Ryuuji spoke matter of fact and to the point with a somewhat grounded and serious tone.

"Otherwise that is all."

At least Saoirse wasn't foolish enough to go out there and do acts of charity, he thought to himself, valuable services like these required payment, as it should be. For now he was ready to advance with the rest and follow suit when she was ready for them too.

Some Random Cheap Inn
Time: 09:00 Weather: Raining
Mentions: Ryuuji Kamimura TheTimePiece TheTimePiece

Saoirse Desrosiers

“I know, right?!?” She called out, upon hearing Ryuuji's statement. The inherent duality of her sacrificing a nice place to ensure her slaves at least had a decent spot, but still believing she'd deserved better herself being made rather clear in a single agreement. Even so, she just sighed it off. “Well, no matter. Soon enough I'll be rich enough for even the ones I own to live lavishly.” That was a good goal to have. Although... would that make them lazy and work against their ability to flourish? Possibly, but probably not. She'd figure that out when she got there. For now, she should at least get herself some basic funding.

“Ugh... those bloody cheapskates...” She grumbled, upon Ryuuji's confession. “... selling a slave know for magic without a catalyst... fucking scammers...” She kept muttering. Then she sighed again. “Thanks for informing me, we'll have to figure out how to fix that. With some luck, the dragon will have burned down some churches or magic stores and left some catalysts in the rubble. I doubt anyone would mind us taking one if we'd just them to heal the first few folk for free, or maybe the ones that wouldn't be able to pay much anyway, then claim it was to aid them. We'll just have to figure out how much it might reduce our earnings later. Perhaps see if anyone worthy enough is willing to sell themselves to us or otherwise figure out if anything of value remains.”

She clicked her tongue. “Although it'd be even more ideal if some folk joined in. It might not be good for profit, but I do worry there's a fair chance new monsters will have popped up.”

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

“Don't worry, I'll ensure they won't lay a finger on you.” She spoke up, both being rather trusting in her own strength as being the type to say those types of stereotypical lines.

“Thanks, but I'd rather not see you get wounded beyond Ryuuji's ability to fix you. We don't have the ability to heal severe wounds, nor the wealth to pay for it and you're too valuable to die or otherwise get incapacitated.” She told Melia, at a tone that suggested this wasn't the first time she made such a remark. Anyone with Insight might've been able to see if there was more to those words, but alas, it remained unclear to those currently present.

78dbb4c5-bdde-4b0f-b1f8-f6ba5ff5d2d7.jpeg

A fiery portal would open suddenly, shrieks could be heard but then a familiar voice began to speak, "Oh! Do I have to?! I've been to waaaaay too many devastated places, though?" A strange voice could be heard in some sort of ancient language. "Oh, alright, alright.. I'll go and see Kalina after this though, I can't be bossed around like this, I'm in a relationship!" The voice continued seemingly angrier than ever, "Oh stop it! I'm going, see? Bye!"

Soon enough the witch Scylla would walk out of the fiery portal fanning her face with a delicate fan. Sighing, Scylla once again found herself in the presence of a most peculiar place. Although devastated Scylla could make out what it used to look like. "Oh.. what a waste of lovely architecture! And.. and.. all of these pretty shops and markets." She groaned as she continued to fan herself, "Ugh.. I guess it's Mr.Big Daddy Demons way or the high way huh? I wonder what I'm supposed to do here anyway.. oh! Right! Dragon!" The witch giggled to herself as she fluttered her eyelashes and no one in particular, "Oh, silly Scylla."

The half demon witch would look out Infront of her, the atmosphere was solemn but either way people commuted and gathered at the damaged inn that stood before her. "Oh, how.. quaint." Scylla muttered aloofly as she walked through the doors. She wasted no time to get herself a drink, they were mostly out of everything except for stuff made in house which she happily paid for and began to sip. "Of all the things in the mortal world, this fermented stuff is quite the lovely treat! Oh.. how I wish Kalina we're here." She sighed the last bit as she took yet another sip. "Right, to business!" She exclaimed before leaning forward trying to catch the barkeeper's attention, "Hey uh, I heard about what happened here any extra details you might have heard from people coming to and from this place?" She'd take her mug and sip as they answered.

She wouldn't have time to waste, this dragon attack had to be investigated, and perhaps dealt with if it came to it. However, she wasn't ready to risk it all just yet, she had much to learn and her entering this world was still fresh in her mind. Speaking of which, Velvet was awfully quiet however, Scylla knew her mood. She wasn't happy to be sent back out, but she was rather excited to experience newer delicacies that contrasted the demon world by a fair bit.

Character Sheet C3BEE6
NhZT7q8.jpg

SASUKE BLACKHEART
Standing [F Grade Character] Titles [Construct, Homunculus, Visitor] Point Booster [Narrative Booster F]

Sasuke Blackheart found himself in a strange place after that random portal mishap, far from the East Empire village of Minima. With rain pouring outside, the only shelter he spotted was a shoddy inn, but beggars couldn't be choosers. Teleporting his way to the inn's entrance, he decided to make the best of it. The interior wasn't much better, but at least it was dry. Making his way to the barkeep, he couldn't help but notice two intriguing things: a lovely lady and an interesting story.

Sasuke slicked back his hair with the aid of rainwater, adopting a hero's swagger, and confidently approached the lady. "Greetings, fair maiden," he began dramatically. "Forgive my eavesdropping, but I couldn't help but overhear your mention of a dragon. An adventure I cannot let pass by! Pray, tell me more about this dragon."

Sasuke smiled warmly at the lady, hoping his straightforward approach and friendly demeanor would win her over and yield the information he sought.

Mentions: RavenSong RavenSong

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong Swagkage Swagkage

Wondering along the path, Eriedeth saw what she thought was a building. This could lead to a valuable experience, couldn't it? Maybe a place she could obtain supplies at. Yet when she investigated closer, it was a damaged village, not like she hadn't seen one earlier, regardless Eriedeth still hoped the civilians were okay from whatever happened and hoped it had nothing to do with the Fae See. After the whole event at Minima, she had continued on her journey and she didn't know how far she had made it. She wandered into the village. It seemed to be in plenty ruin, but what caught her eye was an inn. Although still burnt and damaged, it seemed to be not so much compared to some other places. She walked over to the Inn and entered it where Eriedeth saw a girl with pinkish hair and a familiar face. She was surprised she didn't recall seeing Sasuke leave the village before she did. Regardless, she hears him mention something about a dragon. She speaks to the two of them or, specifically, Sasuke.

"Another dragon?"

she asked curiously, referring to the wyvern she was sure everyone back in minima had seen. The one who had injured Shere so badly, her question is followed up with

"Hello again Sasuke! I'm also curious as to what happened here?"

Though they didn't speak much back in Minima, everyone had their own things to worry about then. It was still nice to see a familiar face in a particularly unfamiliar situation. Now that she thought about it would the ruins in this village have any metals she could grab? Not that she should take them without asking, she wouldn't, but it was a thought.

Ryuuji Kamimura
191375bb603b38aa92b3af07a1830856-1.jpg
Elvario Elvario DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Swagkage Swagkage RavenSong RavenSong

Even if the slave owner didn't know it yet, she wouldn't ever have to worry about Ryuuji slacking off, if provided the opportunity for such a life there was no way he was simply going to let the opportunity go. Thankfully based on what he could tell at least from his first response, she seemed to take well to his respectful choice of words, and was of agreement that they should have provided her the best. Even if this situation was far from ideal as far as being enslaved,it sure beat having been purchased by those gnolls who sounded like they were pretty intent on serving him as part of a feast.

The next part wasn't as great to hear as she was obviously upset, all he could really do was hope that she wouldn't take this annoyance out on him, but so far she had been a rather reasonable owner, even if providing them this room probably wasn't out of kindness, it still mutually benefited him long term so he had no qualms about it. Thankfully her dialogue did not head toward deciding that he needed to be punished later, instead it was a thanks for telling her.

He'd give a nod, "With all of that said, I will assure you that I am on the cusp of being able to properly do it without one, so I have no doubt this should only need be a temporary solution. As you say I am also certain there will be opportunities for profit to be had which I know you are more than capable of capitalizing on." He at least tried to be somewhat encouraging, and they were thankfully honest words too. As for the next part unfortunately she was right, there was the potential for his to cut into profits, but it would ideally just be a small investment which would ultimately lead to more profits then what was required upfront. Once again she seemed to be able to frame things in a way to maximize profit however which was reassuring.

At the mention of monsters at the very least Melia was capable of protecting them, even if Saoirse said that, she was still the most capable among them for providing protection, short of Ryuuji using his body as a shield to protect Saoirise...the thought crossed his mind would he be willing to do that if it came down to it? Slavery was legal in this world and she bought him fair and square.but his own life. the better option would probably be to give it his best anyway, should they survive then he'd be seen favorably..at least these were some of the thoughts which crossed his mind.

"I'll do my utmost to ensure you're both kept well throughout this operation, Miss Desrosiers."
he said with a bow once again. For now he was ready to continue as she pleased.

It seems there's been some confusion. The RP starts with heading towards the attacked village, not already being there. There's need to edit anything, I just figured I'd point it out to be clear for next round(s).

Also, I made a dice roll to decide which NPC to feature soonish in a bit more of a random manner to keep things a bit fresher and rolled a 5.
1 = Rooster Bard
2 = Hungry Gnoll
3 = Warrior Wolf
4 = Centaur Knight
5 = Harpy Scout

Also, since it's relevant, here's some information I got from Nova on Discord:

West Empire's Caste System ranks:
1 Royals family beast
2 Courtiers beastmen with special humans
3 Gentry beastmen
4 Beastmen peasant
5 Humans
6 Fae
7 Constructs
8 Outcasts criminals
9 Slaves - mostly humans and fae

Some Random Cheap Inn
Time: 09:10 Weather: Raining
Mentions: Ryuuji Kamimura TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Sasuke Swagkage Swagkage | Eriedeth DarkKitsune DarkKitsune
Language keys: Common | <Beastial>

As Scylla approached the Barkeep, a moleman, he opened one eye, then shut it again. “I've been gracious enough to serve one of a lower caste such as yourself. Do not test your luck further.” He spoke like a true gentleman, were it not for the content of his words and the disdain audible within them. It was clear he wasn't going to give her any answers. Or another round of booze for that matter, unless she'd be willing to pay double the normal rates. The latter wasn't too uncommon, however, being a non-beast in the western empire. Their caste systems was rather strongly engrained into society.

Luckily enough for Sasuke, he could pass for a Human at first glance. Had it not been the case, he might've been kindly asked to leave directly after entering and not so kindly removed if he wouldn't instantly agree to doing so. After all, constructs were barely more than a criminal or slave. For now, however, it seemed his humanoid looks were enough to rid him from being worth further attention, for better or worse.

Far more different was the greeting that Eriedeth got, as he addressed her in Beastial. “<Good afternoon ma'am, how can I serve you?>” The barkeep would ask almost directly after her entry into the inn. He raised an eyebrow, however, when he heard her ask what happened here. For two reasons. “<Ma'am, if it's information you seek, I'd happily be of service. There's no need to lower yourself to engaging with the likes of Humans.>” He stated, audible enough for the other two to clearly hear it. “<As for what happened her, I'm happy, or perhaps afraid, to admit that nothing happened. This place has always been in disarray. However, there's rumours that Gnollbone, a village further north, near the Kingdom's Border, is almost completely wiped out by a dragon. I wouldn't suggest going there, though, as there might be monsters or outlaws swarming the place by now.>”

Saoirse Desrosiers

As the conversations started, a slight smile started to form. It looked like she'd get her expendable valued group of cheap trusty companions for the road with surprising ease.

First of all, however, she'd nod toward Ryuuji. “Good, good. The more you develop your magic, the better.” She replied, a flare of obsession hidden within those rabbit-eyes of hers, possibly already imaging what type of ultimate potential he might get to reach with her guidance.

She then turned to the newcomers, as well as the moleperson. “Hey, barkeep. Switch to common.” She called out, at which she was met with some angry glares. However, he eventually caved in, knowing he was outmatched in caste here.

“To what reason do I owe the pleasure of using this plebeian language?””

“I want my new friends here to be as up to date as I am~” She said with a slightly ominous smile. “So, what's the latest on our broken-down village?”

He scoffed. He was sure she'd overheard and understood him well enough when he explained it in Beastial mere moments ago, meaning she forced him to switch languages rather than translate simply to shove her slightly higher caste in his face. “As I just told the lovely miss here...” He started, a tad aggressive, yet careful. “All we know is that the village of Gnollbone is fully destroyed and that it's likely to be overrun by monsters or bandits by now.”

Saoirse clicked her tongue. That wasn't worth a single thing. It might not even be true either, right? How annoying. “I guess we'll have to go look for ourselves, in that case. I'm Saoirse Desrosiers, these are Melia and Ryuuji.” She introduced herself and the others to Scylla, Eriedith and Sasuke, figuring that playing it friendly was their best move by far, considering what they might be heading into soon. “So what are folk like you doing all the way out here?” She asked, genuinely curious why non-beasts would voluntarily hang out in the West Empire, in a backwater village close to the dragon-attacked Gnollbone of all places.

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong Swagkage Swagkage

She was grateful for the information from the bartender but didn't like the discrimination towards Sasuke and the girl. For now Eriedeth figured she couldn't speak about that. Here it seemed the caste system was different, something she would have to adjust to. She was used to Widersia's systems, having grown up there the first 12 years of her life as Eriedeth, which had been difficult to adjust to. Beasts well there weren't many there and typically didn't belong there, she remembered feeling out of place and there was a reason despite the fact her family tried, yet through irony Eriedeth would end up becoming a engineer something she was alright at granted she had studied engineering in her past life which she had very vivid memories of. Eriedeth and her family had a better life in Ryke after moving there when she was twelve. After the beastman gave her much needed info, she gave him a small bow of respect.

"<Thank you for the information, Mr.Bartender.>"

It was her best attempt at courtesy and respectful manners. Eriedeth was by no means a professional at etiquette. Her specialty was machines, not people.
When Saoirse came in and asked the bartender a similar question, she got a similar answer. When asked what brought them there, Eriedeth replied to the Hare for herself. She couldn't reply to the name of Sasuke or the girl. She didn't know the girl and Sasuke's reasons were unknown to her. She didn't give full context though.

"I'm here as I just stumbled across this village after leaving another and continuing on with my journey. I have been in search of different metals, preferably Mythril maybe. Pleasure to meet all three of you."

She was still on her journey to create herself a catalyst. That way she could use her magic, the very same reason that had brought her to Minima, but to no avail. She had plans for learning how to fight, but at this rate only time would tell.

When the bartender turned and replied snootily Scylla accidentally spilled ale from her mouth with a giggle, "My my, temper temper! I don't.. know what you're saying but it doesn't sound good. Heh." She murmured as she wiped the liquid from her mouth. "It's almost like I'm back home in the eas-" she quickly glanced around and noticed lots of people here were mostly beastkin. "Well bite my devil tail! I AM home.." she chuckled before addressing the barkeep, "..alright alright.. I'll just have this drink and go." She rolled her eyes a bit at the beast folk barkeep, but clearly not in a way he would notice.

As the witch began to try to reduce her drink hastily, a peculiar gentleman approached the bar, his hair was obviously slicked back, seemed he had been out in the rain and before he would speak, just shrugged, assuming he was just another human slave. However his words were royalty! "Fair maid-? oh! Me! Oh what lovely words!" She said matching his dramatic tone. "No apologies necessary.. Mr.. uh.. who are you?" She inquired. "And about what you're asking, i don't know much other than rumors.." she shrugged, "..imagine dethat? An actual real life dragon, goodness me, I've never seen one let alone met one! Have you?" Her last question she said rather jokingly with a wink. "Are you a dragon slayer or something?"

Then a peculiar character creature would make herself known along with what appeared to be her entourage. Scyllas expression became that of surprise when she spoke to the barkeeper, quite literally, yet politely forcing him translate what he had just said to another beastkin next to her.

"Well, well, well.." she muttered, looking at quite the scene that had suddenly developed. Scylla was quite enjoying the brittle upholding of the caste. It delighted her actually, yet the witch understood that it was simply part of the culture. Perhaps it was a way to cope with her childhood memories?
It was too hard to tell in spirit of the moment and the rising intoxication.

Scylla knew to not agitate the situation any further, turning to the barkeep she nodded in thanks, "Thanks for the info barkeep, sir."

TThe witch took a good look at the beastkin that appeared to be sticking up for humans. How peculiar, it was a rare sight yet, for one reason or another, whether for self gain or righteousness this Saoirse was an exception.

Getting up from her seat she curtsied, "Scylla Bancroft at your service, m'lady." Taking her mug of ale in her hands she was nearly finished and continued to sip occasionally when appropriate to customs. When inquired about her whereabouts she began, "My master has a very deep interest in this potential dragon appearance. I'm in search of any clues or evidence to identify it." She stuttered a bit as she thought her next words, "And, well, personal research as well of course, Madam."

Ryuuji Kamimura

Thankfully for Saoirse, Ryuuji had about as much potential as the typical Isekai Protagonist which meant that..his ability ceiling was going to be pretty high. Just a shame that God earlier didn't just start me out super strong like in some of those manga I heard about... The thoughts did cross his mind. He did however give her a nod of acknowledgement after she said that. But even with this inner monologue he did pay attention to what was going on around him, standing near his master ready to serve her as necessary. He was glad that Saoirse had a way with words, and that she was even able to get this mole guy to explain the situation again, this time in common, and as what he'd gathered of her so far being owned by her, she was as opportunistic as always, a quality which Ryuuji personally admired, if he had the fortune of being born into a higher caste and leveraging that he'd definitely use it to his advantage too. He too took notice of how the information they got..could have been better, but it was better than nothing.

Realistically though Ryuuji hoped that at some point she'd have him study beastial, particularly if he was going to be operating in these sorts of places frequently. It was kind of strange because it sounded like a language which he should understand given how close it was to Japanese. He wondered if anyone would find his name strange, if they were the sort of names common among beast men..little did Ryuuji know that his type of name was common in the Republic of Kuridan among beasts..but regardless.

He took in the figures around them and some of his first thoughts was if this group of interesting people would end up being of any use to them, which he could only assume Saoirse was gauging the same. So they were dealing with someone who was looking for valuable materials, someone who looked like an adventurer sort, and another who was investigating the dragon apparently. Based on the way she looked Ryuuji could only assume she was a magic caster, he did wonder who this master was but given the fact that she was alone here drinking, it wasn't the type of master that owned her, perhaps an intellectual sort. These were all just details he was trying to catalogue by looking around and observing. Of course in the back of his mind he was thinking even if they got any of these sort to team up with them, that would probably mean less profit if it had to be shared.

After being introduced, He gave a nod toward the group, "It is as Miss Desrosiers says, I am here to serve. Nice to meet you all." He left it at that, giving a bit of a to the best of his ability, respectful bow given the context of him being at the very bottom of the caste system. After all he was a slave, he might as well play the part, no need to stand out like some sort of main character at this time. with riveting dialogue or actions.

Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Swagkage Swagkage DarkKitsune DarkKitsune

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| Elvario Elvario (Saoirse Desrosiers) | RavenSong RavenSong (Scylla) | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece (Ryuuji) | Swagkage Swagkage (Sasuke Blackheart) | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune (Eriedeth Pip) |

While the cast of characters began assembling on the first floor, the second would be subject to a low growl ruminating grumpily in one of the common rooms. It was a deep and reverberating drone, enough to vibrate through the inn's flimsy wooden walls and disturb any tenants that were comfy in their rooms. Moments later, a loud thud could be heard collapsing onto the floor, followed by a warbled groan of irritated discomfort. Perhaps some thought that this was the very dragon that had been scorching the nearby villages of the western empire; its growls having that distinct weight not unlike the fire breathing reptilians. Of course, this would then spark the question as to why and how such a gigantic thing got into this establishment, let alone without collapsing the floor underneath. But in truth, they were the sounds of a late-riser...

Baharius had overslept.

The saurian's body slowly rose as he gathered his balance with a deep yawn. His right arm was tingling madly, realizing he must've slept on it for too long, and he'd feel a dull ache on the back of his neck, side, and feet. Not to mention the headache that pulsated through the skull. These beds were awfully small for someone of his stature, not to mention being rather lousily made. Then again, that's the quality to be expected from a cheap inn like this. Cheap price, cheap(er) quality. Baharius at the very least got some rest, which was better than not having any at all. Perhaps he'd feel better after grabbing a bite to eat. After tending to his aching body, the saurian proceeded to gather his belongings and lumbered out of his room - equipped with his blade and armor. He could already hear some voices babbling below, talking about... something. He was still too drained to consciously think much from his current position.

As Baharius descended down the stairs, the voices became slightly more coherent. A blend of primary and bestial babble filled the dining floor. Having resided in the West Empire for the past few months, he had began to grapple significantly with the beast language, though he preferred to speak in the tongue of primary. Regardless he spoke enough bestial for him to get by adequately but he was able to understand and listen far more. He scanned the congregated cast, being made primarily of humans. No one appeared to look familiar to him at a glance... though with Heightened Sense [Smell] E, he could pick out ONE familiar scent from the crowd. It was faint, but distinct... though given it was mixed between a bunch of other unknown scents he could not pinpoint it from WHOM at this very moment. But amongst them, it was the haregon that seemed to be taking stage as the dominant individual. She seemed to be arranging something in light of the recent dragon attacks that had been ravaging the area... perhaps she was to lead the humans on their next quest.

But before he can invest himself in that conversation, breakfast was in order. He approaches the barkeep and firmly slams a few silver rykes on the counter to grab its attention. "Breakfast special." he states bluntly in bestial, before eying the menu board towards the back, "Water too... please."

Last edited:
Some Random Cheap Inn
Time: 09:15 Weather: Raining
Mentions: Ryuuji Kamimura TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Sasuke Swagkage Swagkage | Eriedeth DarkKitsune DarkKitsune | Baharius Develius Develius

The bartender nodded in Eriedeth's direction. “<Of course ma'am.>”

Saoirse Desrosiers

“You're looking for mithril?” She was caught by surprise by that type of reason. Until it hit her. Despite this girl's appearances, she was likely a looter. Saoirse smiled. Another seeker of fortune in the ruins of another! How coincidental~ It'd become either a rival or a companion. The question was, which one would this girl turn out to be? Mithril was valuable. If the village would have any remains of it, it'd be a fair price to stumble upon. “Ah... are you heading for the attacked village as well, then? Let's hope it the metals didn't catch the dragon's fancy, in that case~” She ended up replying, insinuating she knew about what she'd just assumed to be Eredieth's purpose. “Ah, before I forget, want to team up? Strength in numbers and all.” She added.

Another smile formed upon her lips when Scylla introduced herself with an 'at your service', as she was the type to take that rather literally. On first glance, this chaotic seeming girl might hold some potential. Perhaps she really would be at her service. Soon enough. Heh... For now, she'd keep playing nice for a bit more. “Well met, Scylla Bancroft.” Scylla's reasons for being here were odd at best. “Personal research, you say? What does that mean?” Dragon research in general was peculiar. She, for one, hoped to see as little of the actual beast as possible. That'd be healthier for their lifespan. “Well, either way, I'll extend the offer. If you want to team-up, you're free to tag along~”

On the topic of healthy life-spans, Ryuuji was doing his part more than well enough. How nice. He'd yet to prove his worth in an actual pinch, but so far he was proving his money's worth. Just like Melia, who'd just remained silent and observant through-out.

“It'll be right on up.” The barkeep told Baharius as he went back to the kitchen. Returning a bit later with a bowl of stew and glass of water. Well, more like a bucket of each, as he was doing fairly well to cater to Baharius sized individuals. However, he did squint at the Rykes put on the counter. “We normally don't accept foreign currencies, but for this once I'll make an exception.” It was likely due to the fact that even Kuridan and the See tended to accept Rykes, making it a bit more useful in the neighbouring West Empire as well.

That said, his request stood out to Saoirse, who was still looking for new meat-shields friends to join the looting expedition. “Say, mister, what brings you all the way here from Ryke? She figured she'd ask him the same question that she'd asked all others. At the end of the day, someone like him somehow felt like he'd be able to keep her safe due to his mad Dino Daddy vibes for some unclear reason.

Their conversation was interrupted by another sudden arrival.

Harpy
xMuhZMx.jpg

“Barkeep, your strongest! Now!” She called out, a voice both tired and frustrated. To those with a good sense of smell, she smelled like she'd been flying through the rain for a fair while, as she wasn't just soaked, but also smelling thoroughly like wet harpy. Perhaps she'd been going through-out the night. Either way, she looked troubled.

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿

"Well, I hadn't been planning on visiting the ruins of Gnollbone, I was hoping a store here would sell them."

Eriedeth admits to Saoirse. She hadn't been looking to raid the village or take advantage of it in it's current state. But the more she thought about it, the more she realized it was not like she couldn't offer any labor to help any possible remaining villagers get back on their feet in exchange for the ores. If there was, she would be willing to assist them and what they would hypothetically need from an engineer until it was enough to properly buy any remaining Mithril from them. However, if Gnollbone was wiped out like the rumors the bartender spoke about suggested, would all that be necessary? It wouldn't be like anyone else would be using it, and it's not like she would sell it. Just enough to make a catalyst and no more she already had a general idea for it, a part of her would still feel guilty for that much. She wasn't going to grab extra for an invention, even if she did buy it from this village. Eriedeth figured she should take it one step at a time. First she needed a catalyst before she could work on creating something new. And if no one was going to put those ores to use, why not? Even though she would abandon the ores if need be. After thinking it over, Eriedeth gave Saoirse a response.

"I...Suppose it can't hurt to check out the village. I'm only looking for enough to make a catalyst."

She would help Saoirse and her 'friends' explore the ruins and only take enough of what she needed and leave the others with the rest if anything was found in the remains. Whatever they might be looking for to use the metals for, she didn't know, but a part of her didn't care. Technically, it wasn't her business to know Saoirse's plans. Eriedeth turns to Scylla.

"Nice to meet you Scylla. My name's Eriedeth. I am an engineer."

Saoirse asked someone a question which caught Eriedeth's attention as soon as Ryke was mentioned. She asked the beastman.

"You are from Ryke as well?"​

Ryuuji Kamimura
Elvario Elvario RavenSong RavenSong Swagkage Swagkage DarkKitsune DarkKitsune Develius Develius

Ryuuji could hear the rain against the roof, what pleasant weather to head into, he couldn't help but think to himself. The Saurian arriving on the scene did get Ryuuji's attention once again however. This was mostly because this was unlike any other beast person he had seen quite frankly, it reminded him of the prehistoric animals he had learned about back in his world in appearance. Yet like all the other beastkin he had met so far, they were abundantly more intelligent and if anything far more like humans than Ryuuji would have ever assumed based on their varying appearances, many of these so far seeming to be on the more animal side while others looked more human than not..it was a curious spectrum.

Ryuuji for now continued to listen as his owner spoke to Eriedeth. Even with the reduced profit..this should she accept sounded like a good business opportunity for all around. After hearing her respond it sounded like she would! Someone who knew about catalysts too from the sound of it, maybe Eriedeth could help with input on his catalyst situation if it came down to it. If they were heading to the same place, Ryuuji reckoned it was better they worked together than directly competed against one another, which he was sure was part of the same rational which Saoirse had been balancing in her mind when she decided to engage with these individuals. Then there was Scylla who continued to be intriguing to him, perhaps she might know something that could help him further his own power, if she was what he assumed she was. Once again offering that she worked with them, seemed like a safe enough move, if she was there for research then perhaps she didn't care as much about her own material gain presuming it was all true, either way seemed like a suitable ally should she accept.

Even engaging the dinosaur looking type..perhaps if they could get him on board he'd be willing to help protect them from criminals or monsters..while Ryuuji had enough faith in Melia, given the enhanced risk of the area they were heading toward, it really wouldn't hurt to have another combat capable person with them.

Then the Harpy came into play..Ryuuji looked over at her, instead of saying a word, he silently gestured toward her subtly, perhaps if just to signal to Saoirse this new comer might be worth investigating based on the look on her face, troubled people could be good potential business as well if they had problems they needed solving..for a price of course.

Character Sheet C3BEE6
NhZT7q8.jpg

SASUKE BLACKHEART
Standing [F Grade Character] Titles [Construct, Homunculus, Visitor] Point Booster [Narrative Booster F]
Sasuke smiled, grateful that his straightforward approach seemed to be paying off. He turned to his new acquaintance, Eriedeth, and Saoirse, who had initiated the conversation.

"Oh, hello again, Eriedeth," Sasuke greeted her with a nod. "It's good to see a familiar face in these unfamiliar lands. As for the dragon, yes, it seems there's talk of another one in the vicinity, and I can't resist the call of adventure. What about you? Are you intrigued by this dragon as well?"

As Scylla introduced herself in a dramatic and friendly manner, Sasuke returned the courtesy. "Sasuke Blackheart at your service, Scylla," he replied with a slight bow. "A real-life dragon, you say? It's like something out of my favorite anime. I haven't met one, but I'm certainly eager to find out more. And a dragon slayer? Well, not quite yet, but who knows what the future holds?"

Saoirse's friendly introduction to the group caught Sasuke's attention, and he extended a hand to her with a grin. "Pleasure to meet you, Saoirse Desrosiers. I'm always up for an adventure, especially if it involves dragons or mysterious ruins. Count me in!"

Listening to the conversation unfold, Sasuke was intrigued by the various backgrounds and motives of his new companions. He chimed in, "I'm here to satisfy my curiosity and seek out new experiences. Dragons are a rare sight, and I believe this adventure might just be the one I've been waiting for. Let's unravel this mystery together, shall we?"

As he scanned the room, Sasuke noticed the saurian figure and a harpy that had just entered the inn, but he decided to focus on the current group for the time being. There was a dragon to chase and a story to unravel, and he was ready to play his part in this epic tale if destiny would allow him.

"Splendid, yes, indeed." The witch said in reply to Sasuke with a small giggle. There was frankly too many sounds to maintain a straightforward conversation, paired with the growing intoxication the witch found herself feeling a bit more flighty than usual.

Then to the other beastkin who introduced herself as Eriedeth, "Its quite the pleasure, miss." She curtsied, looking down a bit. It wasn't polite to look at a beastkin in the eyes.

Saoirse was quite interesting to the demon witch, most of all her seemingly shrewd sense of being. The way she seemed to scan her up and down with opportunistic appeal made Scylla remember her long lost mentor, Renee. "Well, you see, I work for the Ryke Academy, there are quite a bit of.. byproducts that dragons leave behind. Oh, I'll reveal more later, surprises are so fun anyway!" She winked and took yet another sip. The witch would suddenly shiver a bit as an inner diologue opened.

"Why are you giving away our goals to complete strangers? Foolish witch.

"She asked! It would have been so rude of me to not tell. Besides, this is the west empire, you do as the beastkin tell you.. or else."

"Pathetic."

"Oh lighten up!"

Turning back to face the beastkin slave master giving her a bright smile and yet another wink. "Why how kind of you to invite us- ME! -to invite me along on your little trip. I can't wait to get to know you better!" Reaching into her robes, she searched for a bit. "Now where did I put it?" She said with a bit of frustration, "Ah! Here it is!" Pulling out a surprisingly hot cupcake she placed it in the slave master Saoirses hand. "I'm sure we'll be B.F.F's in no time!"

It was then that a very familiar voice was heard along with the heavy gait, and a bit of a swampy smell. Could it be? She wondered. No.. it couldn't be!

The witch suddenly turned around and there he was, the one so long ago known as Baharius. "Mr.Lizard!?" She exclaimed out loud. "It's really you!!" She was so ecstatic that she jumped on Baharius and attempted to give the scaly beastkin a hug. "What happened to you?! You disappeared! And I lost my friends, but I thought you died, and I went into the underworld and I went away too but I came back and now im-" She suddenly came to her senses and got off of him. "Ahem.. sorry.." she giggled nervously and looked around. "..I'm just glad you're here." She quickly managed and got another cupcake and gave it to him. "Here ya go, Mr.Lizard. Well, for dessert of course."

It had seemed there were enough surprises to go around until suddenly a harpy stormed in and made the witch spin in place due to the creatures gusty wake. She'd grab hold of Ryuuji likely bumping into him. "Whoa.. s-sorry.. are you okay?" Her eyes were still spinning a bit however. Shaking her head a bit she managed to gather herself still holding onto the humans arms. "Phew! Okay, hello, I'm totally not usually like this I promise. In fact, I'm quite a serious one, the fermented juice here is perhaps a bit to strong for me."

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:
| Elvario Elvario (Saoirse Desrosiers) | RavenSong RavenSong (Scylla) | TheTimePiece TheTimePiece (Ryuuji) | Swagkage Swagkage (Sasuke Blackheart) | DarkKitsune DarkKitsune (Eriedeth Pip) |

Baharius' stomach grumbled as both a bucket of stew and drinking water was handed to him by the mole barkeeper. Even though it wasn't something as solid like a solid slice of steak or, preferably fish, this was sure to keep his belly full for a few hours. Enough to keep the hunger pangs at least. As he clasps both of his meaty hands on the bucket - feeling the warm steam hit his nostrils - he was then told by the barkeeper that he was given Rykes instead of their local currency. Thankfully, however, he'd accept it without too much of a fuss. The spinosaurian gave a sigh, ruminating over this exchange briefly, before swigging down the stew down his gullet. While it was easy to believe this was a simple mistake, Baharius frankly winged it. He was out of proper currency for this region - the last of them being used to rent the room he slept in - and had no choice but to utilize the leftover Rykes he happened to have on him.

Little would the saurian know, that choice of currency would grab the attention of the haregon, asking what brought him from the country of Ryke. Another voice joined her, this one being from a young human male. His expression dowered slightly as he finished gulping down on what was actually a pretty decent stew. He was hoping to join their congregating on his own terms. Alas, here he was out bare, as if he was caught. Still facing away towards the bar, the saurian gave a low guttural rumble - akin to an alligator's growl - as he lightly turned his head to acknowledge her. "I'm NOT from there if that's what yer thinkin'," he replied sternly in common, obviously yet to completely shed away his morning grouch. He takes a swig of his water to wash down the soup still on his breath before turning to face the group. "I'm only but a humble traveler; on some days an adventurer... others a mercenary for hire if the opportunity so rises."

Baharius' wearied, scarred face was now on display, his bright crest shimmering ever so dimly in the ambient light. Then there was a familiar voice; one he recognized. The Saurian's eyebrow perked up as his eyes focused on the young lady who recognized him. And indeed; he recognized her. Not by sight at first, but by smell. "S... Scylla?" His face instantly lightened upon this sudden realization. It was all he was able to mutter before finding himself glomped by the witch's forceful embrace even as he towered over her considerably. The woman in front of her had changed much since he last saw her as a bubbly yet determined blonde witch. She still had that charm with her, for sure, but everything else about her - how she looked, talked, and acted - was different. Still, it was an embrace he whole heartedly accepted. The saurian gave a hearty chuckle as he began lightly patting her on the back with one of his huge arms. "Ah, my goodness!" he stammered, surprised by her initial approach as he began to regain his composure, "It's been far too long-"

But before he could ask what had happened to her, she would be the one to initiate that conversation in rapid-fire succession. It was almost overwhelming in a sense. Apparently, she thought he disappeared, or worse yet died, after the events of a certain swampy adventure. More so, Scylla admitted that she apparently lost all of her friends to an event left unmentioned. And how she went into the underworld and then came back and now that she's...

Baharius blinked blankly at everything that was thrown upon him, trying to make sense of the overloading amount of info that crashed into him like a pile of bricks. Scylla would regain her composure, apologizing nervously and said how glad that he was still here. The saurian smiled warmly, despite the concern that he showed through his eyes and expressions. "I take it a lot has happened since we last met," he said lowly, his eyes looking down at somewhat on a more intimate - or rather tender - level of recognition. There was much to unpack here. Even though they only really met and worked together once, he could feel the weight of her burdens lain before him through her emotions alone. Something terrible had happened to her... He shifted his weight to be at a more equal height to his old acquaintance, "A lot has happened to me too. Perhaps not as dire compared to what you've seem to been through but... I apologize if my absence had caused you much distress." He gave a friendly chuff as his lips curled upwards slightly, "Regardless, I'm also happy you're still here. It's always a pleasure for me to speak with you."

Scylla, in response, would give Baharius a delicious looking cupcake - something to have for dessert, in her terms. A faint memory flashed in the saurian's mind; a form of deja vu as he saw her action in the swamp before returning to inside the inn. Baharius paused for a second to let it sink in. Scylla would no doubt notice the recognition printed upon him; a true sign he remembered her if for any reason she had any doubts. "Why, you're just as sweetly kind as I remember, thank you," he replied affectionately before gingerly plucking it from her hand with his hooked claws and tossing it into his mouth.

Tasted just as he remembered too.

Suddenly, the entire inn would be interrupted as a harpy crashed into the establishment, demanding the barkeep to provide them with their strongest candidates. Baharius' head cocked quickly to look at what was a VERY wet harpy indeed, his expression now firmed with the change of atmosphere. He could quite obviously smell her musk radiating off her from being soaked senselessly from the pouring torrent. And judging by her expression, it was clear she had been traveling in these conditions for quite some time and that she was desperate. "We'll talk more about ourselves later," he concludes towards Scylla, before rising to hear what news the Harpy had brought.

Last edited:
Some Random Cheap Inn
Time: 09:20 Weather: Raining
Mentions: Ryuuji Kamimura TheTimePiece TheTimePiece | Scylla RavenSong RavenSong | Sasuke Swagkage Swagkage | Eriedeth DarkKitsune DarkKitsune | Baharius Develius Develius

Saoirse Desrosiers

She raised an eyebrow at Eriedeth's reply. “You're a long way from places known for their mithril sales.” She clearly doubted the latter's intentions for a moment. That said, she shrugged it off the moment Eriedeth admitted she'd take a look at the village. “Of course, there'll be nobody left to miss it, right?” She replied, figuring she'd test a little how far she could push/test this girl. However, there was one thing that sounded odd. “Although, despite not being an expert, I don't think mithril is needed for catalysts, right? Are you trying to make a particularly special one?” The next part stood out as well. “Engineer, huh? Like those Widersia folk?” She'd heard some rumours of them and their odd contraptions.

Meanwhile, Ryuuji was playing nice, or rather, the silent type. Technically, that was what most slaves were expected to be, so she couldn't fault him for it. She personally didn't mind more talkative ones though. She was surprised when he gestured to the Harpy. Was a slave commanding his master? How dare he! She giggled to herself. That'd be the normal response, but she got the idea and would roll with it. However, she did have a task for him as well. She walked up to him and gestured for him to bend down so she could whisper something. “If the squirrel's a real engineer, she might know some useful things. Try to butter up to her and see if she can spill some valuable information about her projects.” She told him. After all, there was a fair bit of value in non-magical technologies of an engineer. Assuming she was a legitimate one, of course, but she'd leave that to Ryuuji to find out.

The other person, Sasuke, was a lot more odd. “What in the world is an... anime?” That sounded like a rather odd word. “If it's some sort of fairy-tale, I must disappoint you. No sane person would try to slay a dragon in reality, it's pretty much suicide. The less we see signs of it, the better.” She figured she'd made that one clear, as somehow, she was wondering if the group that was gathering was legitimately going to be foolish enough to want to chase such a living-and-breathing disaster of nature. She didn't get much of the next part of what he was saying either. “Mystery? What mystery?” A place had been attacked by a dragon. They were going to loot or 'help' whom or whatever remained. She didn't really get which parts of that were mysterious. “The biggest mystery is whether we'll be lucky enough to arrive there before the monsters an criminals do.” She replied, with a sigh. Perhaps they should be getting a move on already? She eyed the door for a bit.

Worst of all, however, was the witch. “By-products...” Why did it sound like this witch was eager to go fetch dragon dung? Probably because she was. Gross. This was why most Humans were inferior in caste. Still, she'd play nice. Or try to, at least. “Right, of course, getting to know each-other better will be fun.” She replied, although not exactly in a believable manner, considering it was more of a questioning one. When she got the 'cupcake' she frowned. “Right...” She was definitely not going to eat that. Even if it wasn't going to poison her, she had no clue where that had been. Accepting random food from a Human was pretty high up on her list of things she'd definitely not wish to do. For now, she figured she'd stow it away. Perhaps she could feed it to some animals along the way to see if it really was poisoned or not.

To her surprise, the witched seemed to know the dinosaur. That made things a bit easier. Get two for the price of one. Although she doubted whether or not the witch would be an asset or a problem. The same went for Baharius, as she scoffed upon his growl. “No need to get grumpy. Jeez. Is that place a touchy subject or something?” She asked. Perhaps it was due to knowing the dinosaur would be outnumbered or expecting him to be too slow, but she wasn't particularly afraid of him. Otherwise she figured she'd just let him talk with the witch and listened in on it a bit.

That left the final target, the Harpy. “<You seem troubled.>” She started.

Harpy
xMuhZMx.jpg

“<You got that right.>” The Harpy replied, eyeing Saoirse up and down. “<What's someone like you even doing here?>” She eventually asked.

“<You first.>” Saoirse replied.

“<Fine.>” She grumbled. “<I've been commanded to find out where the dragon might've headed next. I'm sure you've heard about there having been an attack north of here. Had me fly throughout the night in the pouring rain to chase a dragon and risk becoming snack...>” She grumbled.

“<Well, you're in luck. Our group is also heading that direction. If you'll be our eyes in the sky, we can support you from the ground.>” She wasn't sure how much they could really do on their end, but that was a worry for later.

“<Fine.>” The harpy agreed. “<Yet I need a drink first.>”

Saoirse sighed. Well, perhaps the rain would also be over soon? She might as well try to confirm her 'leadership' position over this group if they still had some time. “So, we're travelling to Gnollbone together as a group then? Our Harpy friend over here has offered to be our eyes in the sky.” She stated, realising she'd not even asked the Harpy's name yet. Ah well, it was a bit too late now and she truthfully didn't really care all that much about it to begin with.

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong Swagkage Swagkage Develius Develius

About Saoirse's statements involving Mithril. Surprisingly, Eriedeth had two things to say involving it. The hare's mentioning of people not being there to miss it had bothered her quite a bit and made her feel quite bitter about Saoirse. So Eriedeth told her

"Well, considering I am unaware of what places in this area are known for Mithril sales, yes I would check here, and try to respect the dead, will you?"

Thinking about how to respond to her question about why Eriedeth would want Mithril, she settled for the answer that Saoirse had already stated, considering Eriedeth's idea for her catalyst involved some engineering and tinkering. She supposed it could be considered 'special'. Saoirse also asked right after that question if it was like the people of Widersia or, in her words, 'The Widersia Folk'. She answered that as well. If anything, it would clear up how unfamiliar she was in the Western Empire.

"I would consider the catalyst I have in mind, to be quite special, I suppose, and yes, like the people of Widersia. I was born and raised there until the age of 12. From that point, my family moved to Ryke."

Then she turned to Scylla, and reassured her.

"No need for all that, Eriedeth is fine. It's nice to meet you as well! So dragon 'by-products'? I don't know much about researching species, but I can see how gathering that for research would make sense."

At Sasuke's mention of 'anime' she felt temporarily surprised. That was something from earth. Eriedeth remembered very vividly her life back on earth before she died. Although she hadn't watched anime, it doesn't mean she hadn't heard of it back then, she told Sasuke.

"Ah, an anime fan? I haven't seen any anime though I heard of it."

She didn't blame Baharius for being cranky, Eriedeth could also be like that after first waking up. Especially after an all-nighter, though it seemed him and Scylla knew each other, so instead of speaking to him, she decided not to interrupt their reunion. She was also thinking about requesting a drink for the road, not to drink. In Minima she had made molotov's and those were the best things she had in her own fights there. However, she decided against it.

Last edited:
Ryuuji Kamimura
Elvario Elvario DarkKitsune DarkKitsune RavenSong RavenSong Swagkage Swagkage Develius Develius

Truthfully, being the newest addition to whom Saoirse owned, Ryuuji was still trying to gage her out, playing it safe just seemed like a logical option, so playing the part just felt natural as far as his long term well being went. On occasion however he felt it might be worth taking riskier maneuvers. If slavery was anything like what it had been back on Earth he knew very well there must be slaves who were brutalized just for sharing their opinion out of turn to those who owned them, but it just felt like too good a potential opportunity to pass up to not signal to Saoirse. Thankfully for Ryuuji, to him it looked like she took it well enough, perhaps he could avoid being beaten or punished yet. Of course should Saoirrse make it clear to him she was open to him being more open around her, he'd open up more.

Of course when she came over to him Ryuuji diligently bent down to her level, even lower slightly despite their height difference, perhaps as a sign of additional respect, as he got close to listen to what she had to say. After hearing it all, the gears in Ryuuji's head turned, of course she was right..as Ryuuji had been finding her more often than not lately, perhaps there was further value to be extracted from their current company yet. Not wanting to inadvertly speak too loudly and spoil the plan, he gave her a low bow, "I understand Miss Desrosiers, I'll make it so." Ryuuji then acted natural for a bit, staying by her side listening. It took a deal of effort for Ryuuji to not look visibly surprised when he heard the word anime show up..could that mean there were others like him in this world who had been brought here by that same elderly god looking figure? Were any of them from Japan too? From the sound of things it really looked like..for now he wouldn't give anything about him knowing exactly what it was. While it was vital information to categorize that there might be others like him.

But for now he needed to continue to behave like a good slave so when the opportunity arose in the conversation Ryuuji made his move and kept a respectful distance to Eriedeth, and gave her a bow as well, simply due to him being the lowest possible on the caste system to his understanding, perhaps save for wanted criminals who were arguably socially more likely to be treated worse than him by most. At least that was Ryuuji's current understanding.

"If it wouldn't be too imposing...Erideth, I would be most grateful and honored if you could share some more information about past or even current projects and what you have achieved or are planning on achieving. I can't say it's very often someone like myself gets to be in the presence of someone with such a pretigous and sought after skillset. I find the craft it sounds like you are pursuing to be quite fascinating and inspiring for what it means for the future." He threw in the compliment for extra.

With all these social interactions at play in the moment and interesting characters, he just needed to keep his eye on the prize and fulfill his master's wish rather than talking to others at the moment.

Character Sheet C3BEE6
NhZT7q8.jpg

SASUKE BLACKHEART
Sasuke observed the interactions unfolding around him, his excitement for the upcoming journey ever-present despite the diverse personalities and backgrounds of his new comrades.

When Saoirse asked about anime, he felt a momentary hesitation, not knowing if the others would understand this foreign concept. However, he decided to simplify his response. "Ah, it's like... animated stories. They can be about anything, from heroic adventures to everyday life. Just think of it as another form of storytelling," Sasuke explained, hoping to bridge the gap between their worlds.

Saoirse's skepticism about slaying dragons in reality did make Sasuke think twice about expressing his enthusiasm for such a venture. "You're absolutely right. Slaying a dragon in reality is beyond reckless. But sometimes, the thrill of the unknown and the desire for legendary feats can lead people to these extraordinary quests." He couldn't help but think that the group might be one of those daring ones.

As Saoirse questioned the mystery, Sasuke realized that his perspective might not align with the practical nature of the task. "Well, you see, the mystery lies in what led to the dragon's sudden attack and what we might find at the site. It's not just the dragon itself; it's the unknown history and potential secrets hidden in the ruins that make this intriguing."

With Eriedeth mentioning mithril and engineering, Sasuke couldn't help but listen intently. He appreciated her knowledge and was eager to learn more. "Your knowledge of materials and engineering is fascinating, Eriedeth. It's incredible how various skills and expertise come together in a group like ours. Perhaps we'll uncover technology or artifacts on our journey that could use your expertise."

Sasuke's attention shifted as the interaction between Scylla and Baharius unfolded. It was clear there was history between them, and he found their reunion heartwarming. He couldn't help but smile at the sight, even if he didn't fully understand the details of their past adventures.

Turning his focus to the harpy, Sasuke awaited her introduction. He knew there was more to discover about their new companion, and her presence seemed to add another layer of mystery to their upcoming quest.

With Saoirse taking the lead and forming an alliance with the harpy for their journey, Sasuke nodded in agreement. "Indeed, Saoirse. With a harpy's aerial advantage and our skills and knowledge, we make a formidable team. I look forward to the adventure ahead." Sasuke, with an apologetic smile, turned his attention to the harpy and said, "I apologize if I missed it earlier, but I don't believe I caught your name. My name is Sasuke Blackheart." He extended a friendly hand in greeting, ready to receive her introduction.

Then, for the benefit of those who might not have heard it before, Sasuke reintroduced himself to the group. "And for those who may have missed it earlier, I am Sasuke Blackheart. It's a pleasure to meet all of you, and I look forward to our upcoming journey together." He offered a warm and welcoming demeanor to the harpy and the rest of the group, eager to establish a sense of camaraderie among their newfound companions.

Sasuke was eager to move forward with this diverse group, each member bringing their unique abilities and experiences to the table. The journey promised to be filled with challenges and discoveries, and he was ready to face whatever lay ahead.

7oIhE4E.png

Mentions:

Baharius couldn't help but draw an ear towards the conversing beastfolk, glaring towards the conversing folk in a peaked interest. For unlike the humans, he is able to understand what they were saying. At least a good portion of it. The harpy appeared to have been ordered to track where the dragon was heading next through the whole night, mentioning about a previous attack that happened north from here. That confirmed it. There was indeed a dragon terrorizing these parts. No doubt obvious given the amount of damage present outside and the off-hand mention of it from the group prior. The haregon confirmed their group was also heading in that direction, asking for her to keep eyes in the air while they searched the ground. An agreement made; a drink ordered by the harpy as she approached the bar.

The saurian broke eye contact the moment they disengaged, with the Haregon announcing the plan in common adding that they were to travel to Gnollborne. Seemed to match up with what he heard. The hired folk seemed to acknowledge and officially pledge support to their cause. Baharius, however, seemed hesitant. His mind had floated towards the harpy that had sat next to him. He had a few questions; perhaps she might have answers. Baharius shifted his body back towards the keep, pressing his scaly arms onto the counter, and turns his head slightly towards the messenger.

"<You must be exhausted.>" he assumed to her sympathetically, giving a breather before leaning forward before lowering his voice. "<Before we depart... a brief question. Overheard the two of you for a moment... where up north did the dragon attack?>" He followed up with another question, "<And I assume you're a scout of West Empire? They must trust you well to... fly the whole night searching for it.>"

Last edited:
Some Random Cheap Inn
Time: 09:30 Weather: Raining

Saoirse Desrosiers

She was a bit surprised by Eriedeth's sudden show of disapproval. The girl was showing more backbone than Saoirse had originally anticipated. “Of course~” She replied, her tone of voice not suggesting a particular degree of sincerity. She figured she'd leave it at that, not wishing to spark up an argument with someone that might be useful later. “From Widersia to Ryke? That must've been interesting.” From what little she knew about those places, they were similar in their size and Independence, but otherwise rather different from one-another. “Just like how that catalyst sounds interesting. Wasn't the whole thing about mithril that you could enchant it?” She wasn't an expert, but she'd caught up on some things. Then again, she wouldn't prod too much, she'd leave the rest of that to Ryuuji.

To that extend, she was proud of her choice in buying him. Not only was he being a good boy by bowing down low, he also seemed to understand and act upon her command extraordinarily well. He was definitely money well-spent if he'd be able to keep this up.

One person, however, was starting to creep her out a little. That was Sasuke. He kept talking gibberish and making statements that felt borderline suicidal. “Animated story telling...? Like using construct puppets in a theatre?” That was the only thing she could thing of. “Are you from the Grand Duchy?” That would explain some things. The magical folk from there were also up to weird new magic stuff that nobody could figure out or keep up with.

His talk about dragons made her shake her head. “Such people don't tend to live long and healthy lives.” She made a mental note to sacrifice this one first, should danger arise, as he seemed to be the type of fool to seek it out. As for what made the dragon attack, she hadn't even thought about it. “Does it matter? It's probably the usual, no? Hunger to eat people and cattle, a desire to hoard minerals and gems? Or maybe it's a monster one that just wants to destroy and cause suffering. Does it really matter?” She truly didn't get why he'd care. All she cared about was to ensure it was long-gong so they could loot and extort provide aid in peace.

Even so, perhaps he was worth having around. Surely, if he made it all the way to this place without getting himself enslaved, he was worth something. It's why she put up a smile when he said he'd join them and looked forward to the adventure. “Likewise.”

Harpy
xMuhZMx.jpg

She picked up her drink with some effort. Having just wings rather than actual hands must not be easy, even if the cup seemed tailed to be easier to hold by fingerless creatures. “<Indeed I am.>” She replied, as Baharius stated the obvious. “<Gnollbone, from what I've heard. A village near the border with the Kingdom.>” She gave wry laugh at mention of being trusted. “<Trust, you say? They have dozens of me and my sisters in their employ for this type of purpose. I drew the shortest stick this time, so now it's my turn to risk my life. Do you know how they operate? Send in a harpy. If they return alive with proof to show them that they truly went to the destination, the monster or enemy is gone. If they don't return, assume it's still there. That's how much they trust us. I'm to bring back a seal from the mayor.>” He voice was bitter and tired, but she did lighten up a tad bit. “<Although I guess you folk just increase my chances of survival a lot, so I'd gladly tag along, even if it'll slow me down.>” More people meant less chance that she'd be the one caught in a dragon's maw, should it still be in the area.

Road Towards the Kingdom
Time: 10:20 Weather: Sun finally breaking through the clouds
pZc40rq.jpg
From: https://rare-gallery.com/4561629-road-sunset-grass-clouds-fantasy-art.html

They were on their way slightly less than an hour later, with the rain having finally stopped pouring down. All in all, the area was surprisingly pretty. One wouldn't expect to be heading towards an area devastated by a dragon attack.

Melia Hayward
GYOmdVf.jpg

Saoirse's guard, who'd been so silent she barely stood out, suddenly spoke up. “These roads are rumoured to be targetted by bandits from time to time. We should be weary.” She put her words into action, staying close to Saiorse at all times.

🐿ERIEDETH PIP🐿
INTERACTIONS: Elvario Elvario TheTimePiece TheTimePiece RavenSong RavenSong Swagkage Swagkage Develius Develius

Before they got on the road she had spoken to Ryuuji.
If Eriedeth were to be honest she felt considerably uncomfortable when Ryuuji began...praising and complimenting her? That was not something she was expecting, and wasn't used to it and thought it odd she hadn't even achieved anything yet, even though she hoped to. She couldn't tell what was going through the human's head but he didn't need to do all that to get the answers to his questions. Some details about her project she didn't mind speaking about. She just wouldn't be too specific, simply to avoid the risks of the ideas getting stolen, though she had her doubts if anyone there was an engineer of any sort. However, before she answered his questions she felt like she needed to make something clear.

"Your name is Ryuuji, right? No need to talk to me like I'm higher ranked than you...though I guess that seems to be how things work in the Western Empire?"

Say says questionably. She was still learning the ins and outs of the Western
Empire and it seemed very different from the Eastern Empire. Very different indeed.

"But we are both people. So there is no need for all of that... not many people outside of Widersia seem very interested, so you could've simply asked."

she says, gesturing to how Ryuuji was speaking a bit ago. She wasn't a fan of the slavery thing, so she could only hope someone in this world would abolish it at some point. But on a different matter, she gave him the answers to his questions that she hoped satisfied his...curiosity.

"current projects, is the catalyst I want to make. There are some mechanical features I hoped I could add to it, for some convenience besides a simple catalyst for magic usage. Unfortunately, I do not have the supplies to make a diagram for it though. After that, for future projects I am currently brainstorming. I want to be an inventor and try my paws at helping advance technology ."

That summarized it without speaking in a way it would confuse someone that's not in the field. Soon enough, they were on their way to Gnollbone. When Saoirse's guard mentions something about there being rumored bandits. Eriedeth thinks sarcastically to herself 'ohhh great.' shoving that thought to the side Temporarily. She asks the Harpy that joined them.

<what's your name miss?>

Since she didn't know if The Harpy knew the common language, since she hadn't told Sasuke her name.
----

Language keys:
"common"
<Beastial>​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back