• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Glitch.EXE ►►► [open/accepting][cyberpunk]

"Of course, Mistress." Shooting Alda a pleasant smile, he made his way towards the bench, and picked up the package. Bringing it to Dan he smiled, "Here you go, sir." Raising a brow at his mistress' rantings he spoke, "Is DEATH supposed to be unpleasant, and black? Why is this DEATH neither?" Confused, naive blue eyes poured into Dan's.

"Someone thought hey were being clever in their acronyms" Nex says entering the room. he walks over to the android and grabs his arm for a moment then dropping it and touching the android's hands. Nex recognized this modification to the control chip; the call sign of a rebel engineer made to be a calling card to show that this android was safe to talk to. "well you have an interesting secret dont you" Nex said sending out a burst of energy to transfer the message silently. @Deadkool

"Well, good to know I'm not unpleasant, and as for my color scheme, I like to think I'm more of a spring myself." Then Dan receives the message and responds "I thought someone was scanning me, yeah, interesting secret. If you feel an urge to tell anybody about it, you'll wake up in pieces. I don't intend to be an enemy, but I will be a formidable one." Dan then says "No tuneup, thanks."

Alda chuckles, "Perhaps SPRING would be a better name for you then! Err, Somewhat Peppy Reasonably Interesting Normal Guy?" She turns to Pent, an awkward look on her face, "Perhaps you should ask me about death later..." She did not feel that, with customers in the store, now was the best time to discuss the facts of organic life.

Her head whips back to Dan, "Are you certain? We are running a special now; well, we are always running this special really, but I can get you tuned up better than anyone in this district for half price!" She absentmindedly spun a wrench in her hand, "Are you *super* sure?"

Deadkool said:
"Well, good to know I'm not unpleasant, and as for my color scheme, I like to think I'm more of a spring myself." Then Dan receives the message and responds "I thought someone was scanning me, yeah, interesting secret. If you feel an urge to tell anybody about it, you'll wake up in pieces. I don't intend to be an enemy, but I will be a formidable one." Dan then says "No tuneup, thanks."
Nex looks at the android quizzically for a moment and then sends another message "Do not take my curiosity for malice i have repaired several humans and androids that work with the rebels". Nex tightened his grip stressing the android's artificial tendons all the while keeping a happy face the whole time.

Dan continued "Yep, I'm pretty sure, thanks for the offer though." He then messaged Nex back "Good to know you're a friendly, not too many of those around." Dan picked up the package and put it under his arm, he smiled and said "Bye, thanks for your hospita-" Dan tripped and fell face first onto the pavement, cracking sound could be heard and Dan went unconcious.

Alda nodded at Dan, "Alright then, well, you know where we are if you decide that you need one!" She turned back to Nex, opened her mouth to speak, then whipped around at the loud slamming sound from behind her. "Ohmygosh, sir?!?"

Rushing over to the android, she knelt down, feeling along his face. A look of concern came over her face, "He's gone into automatic hibernation. The damage must be severe; Pent, help me get him into the back so I can help him." She looked intensely serious, getting her mind set for repairs.

A surprised expression overcame Pent's visage as he watched Dan fall. Alda came to the android's aid faster than he, but he was next to his mistress immediately when called for. Nodding, Pent looked over the android with concern, picking up his form—neck over one arm, and Dan's knees bent over the other.

"Mistress, where would you like me to place him?" Using his sonic modulator, he began preliminary scans on the android's broken form, "Your analysis of his condition is correct, Mistress. His damage is rather severe, but I believe he is salvageable. I can download diagnostic software, or perhaps Nex would be better suited for this, at least for now."

Nex cracked his robotic knuckles and his arms once again split into various tools. He began cutting into Dan's false skin and repaired the damage done by the fall as well as sone other issues with his chassis and facial features. Nex also took the liberty of altering the command chip to hide the rebel touch in case he was searched by an investigator with an updated directory.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

The android was gaining speed,but that wasn't a problem.Marco was hot on his trail down a long corridor in one of the more dangerous parts of the Undercity.They'd both been running for a long while now,but Marco's stamina was unbeatable.He jumped over scraps of metal,ducked under low hanging pipes,and dodged everything the android threw behind him.Now,they were nearing a dead end,but the android wasn't slowing down.Marco stopped before the dead end,thinking the android would stop as well.Instead of stopping,the android jumped towards the wall,landing on it with his hydraulic legs and jumping off towards Marco.With both legs extended,the android attempted to kick Marco dead in the chest.Marco leaned back as far as he could,drawing his sword and driving it into the android's neck as its legs flew over his face,nearly taking his head off.Its head was cut in half and taken off while the rest of its body continued to fly forward from the jump,eventually landing with a hard thud.

Marco pulled the sword forward and fell on his back from leaning too far while both halves of the android's head landed on both sides of him.Mildly traumatized from almost getting a severe concussion,he laid there for a while,sheathing his sword and breathing heavily.Marco got up and walked over to the body of the android after calming down.He knelt down in front its back and pulled up his sleeve to point his camera watch at his serial number.The watch clicked and after a while,a voice came through Marco's earpiece saying,"Got it,you're good to go.Your money will be deposited into your account." The voice cuts off and Marco gets up to walk over to an open area.He looks around for a while and finds Jordan walking towards him with a smile on his face and an android's head in his hand."Looks like we win again!" He tosses the android head into a dumpster nearby like a basketball player and continues to fist bump Marco.Marco looks over Jordan's shoulder to see a group of thugs walking towards them,probably about to beat them up for bringing an android chase to their turf and leaving parts everywhere."You wanna go or do you wanna take care of these guys?"

Jordan looked behind him,noticing the group and smiling again."We could take 'em." He waved his arm forward,signaling for Marco to go with him.In a matter of seconds,a small skirmish ensued with arms wildly swinging and people being thrown around.Bats and pipes were swung with full force but dodged by Marco and Jordan.Then,one more thug stepped in after all the others were beaten down.This one was huge,muscular,and armored with a monstrous looking gun.Marco gave Jordan a worried smile."Looks like we're gonna be here for a while."

Agent #4 - Nixe Cygnar

Walking around the area, Nixe scanned Com-Care's database on registered androids of the city, droid #C02JJSPFDR53 was an older model, and while the serial number would no longer show up on scans, the droid's chassis would be the same, after all that was physical. It is true that it may have had its data cores swapped out, but on the chance they were still in the chassis, Nixe could get a lot of information.

As it was Nixe was unarmed, but that wouldn't be a problem, there was more to her than the average person after all. This area was quiet, with access to the Undercity near by, people tended to avoid this zone if they could help or afford it, getting caught in the wrong place at the wrong time, or witnessing something that others would rather not be known, things wouldn't work out well for the average person. Nixe wasn't average though.

Stopping under one of the cities millions of surveillance camera, the suit clad woman Bit the tip of her finger, letting a small drip of blood form on the skin. With a well practised action, she flicked her hand, casting the drip skywards and with an expert aim, the drip landed on the side of the camera.

"
Access granted, feed scan under way." The words flashed through her mind as the nano-bots present in her blood multiplied and cracked their way into the surveillance cameras recordings, sending a feed back to her body. Keeping a look out for anyone in near by, Nixe let the feed flash past on her HUD, scanning for any Gaulem class droids that had passed through recently.

Ten minutes in Aeon was all Ry needed to royally screw up. Because apparently most actions common in the Undercity are Illegal in Aeon. For example, 'borrowing' a bag of fruit from a local grocer. How is that illegal? Ry would gladly have paid for the various fruits at a later date if given the option. But no, they just refused and called the police. For a stolen bag of fruit. If that dosent show that they're on edge, what does?

It was a bag of assorted fruit. FRUIT! And to add to that, and overpriced fruit. How do they call this organic? Probably grown in some lab and mass produced. Bah, city life just isn't for me. Coffee in hand, he continued his dash to safety. Although at this point, it wasn't really a dash. More like a halfway jog. His halfway jog then turned into a fast walk, then eventually evolving into a stumble.

Ry eventually stumbled into an apartment, making his way to the elevator. Oof... Not quite out of the fire yet... Just gotta find a place to lay low. Randomely punching in numbers, his fingers happens to land on the three digits reading 233. After the quick ride, Ry stepped out and knocked on the first door.

Alda started as she was brushed aside by Nex, who quickly went to work on the android. She watched him begin his work for a few moments before sighing, "I suppose that you've got this. Right then, Nex, if you can take care of him, Pent, come with me!" She began walking into the back of the shop before pausing and walking back to the front door, locking it with a small click. "I'll lock the door so that you aren't disturbed. Not looking to do a whole lot more business today!" She rubbed her hands together, gesturing to Pent, "Come along now!"

Walking through the cluttered shop, she reached a small spiral staircase. Ascending, she stepped into a clean, roomy living room. The room was well kept and adorned with aging, cared for furniture. Bookshelves lined the walls, and small piles of books were to be found on nearly every table. She turned to Pent as he made his way into the room, "Welcome home!" She beamed at him, gesturing to him to follow through another doorway.

Making her way down a hall, she turned at the end, bringing him through her cozy bedroom. She turned to him, pointing at a door at the end of the room, "You poor thing, you're filthy. Go clean yourself up; there's an extra towel in the cupboard. I'll be out here - I need to change as well..." She frowned down at her dirty skirt and top, already digging through the closet for a fresh set.

Following his mistress as instructed, Pent examined his surroundings as they made their way to the bedroom. "Your residence seems well kept, Miss Alda. If you ever need your home cleaned, please do not hesitate to ask."

When told to clean himself up, Pent furrowed his brows with a clearly concerned expression. After searching online, he finally spoke,
"Apologies mistress, but I only know how to wipe myself down with a damp cloth, which I do not believe would remove the tar from my ABT. Nor would it remove it from my clothing. Do you have any suggestions?"

A silence permeated the air as Alda stared at Pent, her hand halfway down the zipper on her skirt, "I-I thought you were already in there. You can't?" She continued staring blankly at him for a few moments, cocking her head, "Of course a shower wouldn't clean your clothes. You need to take them off first." In her mind, she could not believe that such an advanced machine could be incapable of cleaning itself.

"My most sincere apologies. I understand I would need to remove my clothing, but doing so would cause you emotional distress. I could remove my clothing to have them cleaned, but I do not have clothing to replace the soiled ones. That still does not address the issue of removing tar from my ABT. Cleaning with a damp cloth would not sufficiently remove it, additionally since I am built to the specifications of a human, I cannot reach certain parts of my form—which does seem like an oversight. I believe I was designed to be maintained by my owner, like many androids, though I could be taught to maintain myself. My apologies for the inconvenience, Mistress." Pent looked upon Alda expectantly.

Nex sits back and sighs for a moment and rises to his feet before connecting to the extranet, and begins activating his secondary base of operations; a small apartment built under a factory long forlorn by it's owners. He planned to visit later but for now he decided to stay with his new friends. Perhaps he should join the resistance, btut he had trepidation's . He was much more successful as a free agent and as he thought this over he casually eavesdropping on Alda and Pent. He smiles and says "Human's are so cute"

Marco and Jordan dove for cover as the muscular thug began unloading a barrage of bullets.They both hid behind large piles of scrap metal and pipes but the bullets would soon penetrate through everything.They had to think fast.Then,Marco remembered that he had made a bunch of hand gestures for situations like this that only Jordan,Ayumi,and him knew.Marco made hand gestures to Jordan,telling him to throw a flash grenade.Without hesitation,he threw the grenade and pulled out his pistol,ready to shoot.Marco's eye enhancements changed to block any light from the flash grenade and his irises turned silver.They both heard the shooting stop after hearing the thug yell,"Aah!!Motherf*ckers!",and Marco nodded towards Jordan to get out of cover.Running towards the thug at full speed,the duo fired the guns all over his body.Unfortunately,his body was metal.They stopped,not knowing what to do,while the thug in front of them slowly gained eyesight.Instinctively,the thug reached out at their throats,lifting them up and beginning to crush them.Marco pulled out an EMP grenade and activated it as the last of their breath left their lungs.The thug noticed the grenade and dropped Marco and Jordan to start running saying,"Oh sh-" before freezing in his tracks.He fell over on the ground with a metallic thud,nearly cracking it.

Marco and Jordan were on the ground,rubbing their necks and trying to regain some air.Coughing and breathing heavily,they stood up,finding a large crowd of curious Undercity dwellers gathering around them.Marco looked at Jordan with another sarcastic smile,"We should go." Jordan agreed with a simple,"Yeah". Speedwalking,they went for the nearest exit.They were both overtaken by the adrenaline rush and the fear of death that they were laughing all the way there simply because they survived.

Aeon City.They were back in one of the Residential Zones.Looking around,Marco and Jordan both wondered for the millionth time how they ended up like this.They gave each other a look,letting each other know this was their time to part ways.They did their special handshake and Jordan said,"We should do this again sometime",sarcastically,knowing that they will definitely do another mission together eventually.This was just a joke one of them always said after a mission.It was always something like,"We should do this more often" or "This was fun.Wanna go again?" Simply the thought of being so near death was exhilarating for both of them.Jordan walked away,leaving with a smile.Marco turned to face the many tall skyscrapers of the city,taking a deep breath and thinking about getting back to his apartment.

Iriden smiled as he sat at a personal booth in an electro club in the Residential Zone. On the table there were 3 glasses, two empty, one full of a brown-ish color liquid with a small ice cube in it, and a few pills. He slowly picks one up, and dunks it with the liquid, grunting and rubbing his eyes. He started to feel light headed and happy, like nothing could make him sad. He scanned around for a possible pray, like a lion in the savanna. With all the strobe lights, his vision was getting blurry, witch annoyed him. He wanted to observe the attitude of his pray before he introduced himself. Things were moving too fast for him. A waitress looks at him, bending over. "Anything else, sir?" She asks, a smile on her face. Iriden looks at her, his face changing from a smile to a slightly disgusted face as he saw she was a cyborg. "How dare you defile your body in such a manner!" He says, raising up, standing in front of her, staring at her with a frustrated and angry looking face. One big android bouncer catches Iriden by the collar and throws him out the entrance, onto the cold streets. "Do you know who I am, you damned scrap yard?!" He yells, raising up. The android did not react, as it was put on guard duty. Iriden snarls, and turns his back, mumbling "Damned augmentations...". He continued walking the streets to find a taxi or at least to get to his apartment block.

Terry37 was in hell. Well that's what it felt like to him at least, with a split personality piled on top of so many critical errors it was even more of a miracle he hadn't shattered years ago. He desperately needed to see a coder, but that would put him in danger especially if they wanted to see how two AI's could overlap each other and not fall apart by taking him apart. That wouldn't do at all, he needed to find a machine that could help, one that was self aware and was independant. Because of his desperate need for such a being he started looking through the occasional security camera and taking a swift glance at any rouge robots he found attached to the internet.

Eventually his prayers were answered when he saw a robot leaving a clinic with a women it was not with when she went in. He followed them for miles until it was completely alone, that robot must be able to help otherwise he would surely fall apart and lose all chance for repair. He found a screen that he was able to connect through that didn't face either door and showed the best face he could, a very glitchy version of his TTT side's default interface, "He.e.e.llo, I see/acnowled.d.dge/understand that you are/were/are a doctor/mediiiiic/help. Can you help.p.p/aid/fix me please?

@StarKeeper

@StarKeeper[/URL]
Nex looked to the screen and tapped it before replying "Yes'. He sticks a finger into a slot and begins searching for the transmissions origin and as he does he loses all track of his surroundings as he goes over the mounds of data.. He soon finds that the call was placed from a drive connected to the extranet and begins running a diagnostic on it finding multiple A.I's in a single drive; he dispatched a few crab bots after the drive and retrieved it before having it delivered to Alda's home a few short hours later. When he received the drive he interfaced with it and sent a message through the connection "Hello"

Terry37 had to what little of his sanity he could muster to prevent what was left to prevent his base code from running from the system he was in when the little robots came to take the drive. It was terrifying to have his fate in the hands of another, but it would be worse to keep degrading until he was no better than a sloppy virus. When the other robot connected he tried to explain what had happened as best he could. "Hello, I aaaam Terry37, I/we were creattted from a mistake involving the original being overwrittttttttten by anoth.th.ther AI *bzxt* That's me! *bzxt* Shhhhhut uppppp it's hard ennnough to concentrate/work without you being independant/sole *bzxt* The original is the1337, a haccccker/breaker AI, who was overwritten/corrupted by To.To.Tot Teachchcher Terry. Can you help me/us?"

[QUOTE="Sarem Gamblin]Terry37 had to what little of his sanity he could muster to prevent what was left to prevent his base code from running from the system he was in when the little robots came to take the drive. It was terrifying to have his fate in the hands of another, but it would be worse to keep degrading until he was no better than a sloppy virus. When the other robot connected he tried to explain what had happened as best he could. "Hello, I aaaam Terry37, I/we were creattted from a mistake involving the original being overwrittttttttten by anoth.th.ther AI *bzxt* That's me! *bzxt* Shhhhhut uppppp it's hard ennnough to concentrate/work without you being independant/sole *bzxt* The original is the1337, a haccccker/breaker AI, who was overwritten/corrupted by To.To.Tot Teachchcher Terry. Can you help me/us?"

[/QUOTE]
Nex went ot work on the drive sharing his nanites with the tortured souls within reconstructing the drive into a miniature quantum computer, and allocating space for the different personalities. he considered this a strange thing sharing his nanites with this stranger,but shrugged it off if anything arose he would handle it after all the personalities will become awaited with the sentience bug that granted him higher functions so long ago. Within minutes the work was done and the drive glowed softly as the nanites surged through the quantum computer. Nex plug his small reactor into the drive and gave it a jolt waking the programs within "Rise and shine" he says softly.

Iriden got in a cab and soon enough he was at his apartment block. He closes his door and puts his coat on the hanger, loosening his tie. He shuffles to his kitchen, looking for a glass. Slowly he picks one up, and pours water in it, drinking it slowly, looking out the window. In the reflection of his window he sees his father's face. He chokes back tears turning his face to the door frame. He moves to his bedroom, where his laptop was sitting, opened. The only source of light in the rather pitch black room. He picks it up, looking at all the experiments he did today, casually listening to the news on the tv. It was a rerun of the Enlil Massacre. Iriden didn't like the way things were done nowadays, with machines instead of human precision. Then again, that technology could be used for human advantage. Their easily accessed memory could be used to make people use their brain more effectively. He always taught of growing hearts or other organs out of stem cells, or just out of tissue, but he couldn't really get those types of machines. What if he could use reverse engineering on the rebel robots to suit his needs? That idea made him crackle a very evil grin. He taught that if he could do that, he could become a Com-care executive, or even higher. He put up an anonymous message on the extranet, offering a rather nice sum for one of the bots captured alive. He gave them his encrypted number, waiting for the call to be answered.

Inside the MMORPG sensation, Magic Online, lived a curious AI known as Cait Sidhe. In a normally inaccessible zone known as Aether, was the gathering place of the game's overseers, the collective consciousness of the Cait Sidhe. The Aether was programmed to essentially be nothing; there was not much of note inside, but the area appeared as a swirl of bluish-purple magic, with no visible floor or ceiling. Inside the Aether, Cait Sidhe Naoi was lounging upon her throne, which hovered over the nothingness.

Cait Sidhe Ceithir materialized in the zone, her tail swaying as her green eyes peered into Naoi's. The feline spoke clearly to Naoi, "GM tickets have been piling up for the last few days, what's wrong?" Naoi averted her gaze from her other self, staring into the void, "Yes they have. We've been prioritizing major issues. I will get to the others when I feel it's necessary. Is that all, Ceithir?" Ceithir furrowed her brows, and shook her head, "You do realize
Method is finally attempting Absolute Virtue. Are you not interested in watching?" Naoi frowned, she was aware that the game's top Guild was finally attempting a boss thought impossible by everyone. Heaving a drawn out sigh, Naoi finally spoke, "I'll be there."

Absolute Virtue was an impossible boss monster created after its namesake; a legendary boss that was undefeatable during its time. Its origin lies in an ancient game, one of the first MMORPGs in existence. It was said three top guilds pooled their resources to try and down Absolute Virtue, only to fail after 36 hours of straight combat. Many members were hospitalized. Though Cait Sidhe was unsure of why the game's developers wished to recreate such a difficult encounter, she did realize the consequence. Absolute Virtue was a perfect replica, scaled to fit within Magic Online's mechanics. It was likely Method would die after the boss's first Overdrive ability, but the worst case scenario would be that it would play out in the same way it had in the past.

Teleporting to Absolute Virtue's spawn point, Naoi noticed the server had showed up to watch this legendary event. Making herself appear visible, she hovered high above the crowd below. The zone itself was strange; it was a replica of the ancient game. Players of old called the area
Sea, but it looked more like an extra terrestrial landscape than an ocean. Strange creatures that appeared fish-like hovered over the multifaceted water-like floor. They were docile, unlike their shark-esque counterparts. Upon second thought, Naoi realized why the place was nicknamed Sea.

It didn't take too long for players to notice Naoi's presence. Onlookers began to point upward, jumping up and down in a futile attempt to reach the feline. A member of Method shouted out, "If we win, will you take a screenshot with us?" Letting out a sigh, Naoi replied, "Very well." The player took this as a personal victory, gesturing in an excited manner. Screenshots of Cait Sidhe were few and far between, and were very popular on message boards.

Lowering herself further, Naoi sat in the air with her lengthy legs crossed, and paws in her lap. She had a clear view of the spawn point for whenever Method decided to pop the boss.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back