• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ~Ginge's Writing Partner Search~ [CURRENTLY CLOSED]

SkyGinge

Sad Shroom
Welcome, dear writers!

Who am I?
tldr: Site veteran, returning to try and get into 1x1s to kickstart healthy writing habits.

You can call me Jean Valjean either Sky or Ginge, I honestly don't mind. I'm a 24 year old guy from the UK and normally I work as an intern in my church up in the rainy north of England. As you can see, I don't really care much for fancy BBCoding. I'm also a big motorsport fan and Nintendo gamer.

It's been almost ten years since I first started roleplaying - I spent two and a half years on a small niche gaming site before moving over to here in 2014. That was my heyday on site as I was incredibly active, winning member of the month on one occasion and overseeing/assisting with a number of on-site competitions as one of the helpers in the helpers team. Unfortunately, towards the summer of 2015 I started suffering from major headaches and should pain as a result of muscular tension, which halted my creativity somewhat. Soon after, I left the site to go to university and study Literature and Creative Writing.

Since then, I've attempted to make the odd reappearance, normally over quieter summer periods, but unfortunately I've struggled to commit to sticking around. This is partly because I've found life got too busy in the Autumn, and partly because on top of the lingering shoulder/neck issue I've also been struggling with depression for the past three years (don't worry, I'm open about it with everyone, this isn't a hidden cry for help online!). At the moment it's particularly bad and I'm off work as a result, and I'm hoping to use some free time to get back into the habit of writing and productive creativity.

I've always participated in and hosted group RPs before, with a couple of short-lived 1x1 exceptions. However, in my attempted returns I've found detailed, interesting group RPs often die in their infancy as things move far too slow - not to mention I've struggled to cope with reading a million replies both in RP and planning outside. So now I'm turning to 1x1s, and this is where you come in!

What am I looking for?

• Storytelling > Romance/Pairings: I'm looking for somebody who is primarily interested in telling a great story together, weaving a world as we go on, playing side characters, planting surprises in and enjoying creating an enthralling narrative together. Romance between our characters may be an intriguing conflict within this, but it won't be the main thing. Also, if romance is to be involved, I'm only interested/comfortable with doing MxF.
  • Patience: I hope to be able to commit long term, but please be understanding if my health makes it difficult for me to write at times.
  • A Contributor: Nothing kills interest in an RP like a passive writing partner. I'm looking for someone who will collaborate on world building and bring their own ideas, flavour, characters and direction to the story.
  • Commitment: Lasting RPs are as elusive as the proverbial needle in the haystack, but obviously I'm looking for someone who'll stick it out with the story to the end (like everybody else wants aha)
  • Detailed Posts: This comes hand in hand with Quality>Quantity as nobody wants to read through an arbitrary five-paragraph soliloquy about your character's dead goldfish just to fill a post length quota. That said, if the situation calls for it, then I'm looking for someone who can write long, interesting descriptions. No one-liners (obv).
  • Writing > Aesthetics: Partly a personal #siteboomer gripe, but you don't need to pretty your post up for several hours instead of just writing the story!
  • Combat: I'm a sucker for well written/choreographed combat, so expect that to come up in a story if the setting is fantastical enough to breed it!
Ideas
Time for the meat and potatoes of this post! I'll keep this table updated if more things spring to mind. As mentioned, I'm looking to collaborate on ideas so if you have any particular ideas that you think I might be interested in from what I've written above then feel free to drop me a line!

NameGenreBriefComments
1. Magical MafiaMafia/Urban FantasyPresent day New York. Underneath the bustle of ordinary society, the underworld is ruled by warring families, each equipped with magical power they use to rule the crime world. But when an important young lady (YC) decides to escape this crooked world, a hapless nobody (MC) finds himself at the centre of the ruling conflict. Armed with newfound magical powers, the only way to survive is to join in the grand deception and uncover the mystery behind the magic itself.I have a few ideas for how the magic system would work, but am looking to collaborate on it, along with pushing the narrative past this concept stage!
2. Posthuman: Beyond the Seas of TimeCyberpunk/Science-Fantasy/Time Travel/PiratesIn the far future, a scientific experiment gone wrong caused the world to collapse and reshape into a state of apocalyptic chaos. The last remnants of humankind survive in technological city strongholds separated by a roaring sea composed of ever-changing portals to the past. Through a mysterious phenomenon, a select group of people who died in the eras gone by are reborn into this chaotic world, where most join the Watchers, an elite police force who maintain the peace in this future whilst snuffing out attempts to travel through the sea to change the past. Some, however, tire of an unwanted, regimented life, and some have sniffed the scent of corruption in the ruling elite, turning to a life of piracy. Fighting the ever-present watcher pursuit, our group of time pirates travel through time to plunder the ages, which leads them into an adventure that threatens the stability of the entire universe.TLDR: time-travelling cyberpunk pirates. I have a load of lore for this one which I can expand upon if you're interested! It might be interesting if your character is a Watcher who finds themselves taken hostage by the pirates at the start, which leads to them eventually turning against their former force secrets are revealed!
3. ParadoxicaContemporary/Mystery/Time TravelOne night at a British university, time suddenly stops, unbeknownst to anybody bar the one person (YC) who is mysterious unaffected. In the aftermath of this peculiarity, an eccentric young scientist (MC) accidentally uses material from a peculiar meteorite to create a camera which can take pictures of the future. When one picture reveals an awful tragedy to come, the two find themselves caught in a race against time to stop the events to come and outwit the shadowy organisation who are hot on their heels.Again there's lots of room for collaboration here on lore and ongoing narrative as I haven't got much solidified past the base idea you see to the left!
4. ValiancePost Apocalyptic Medieval FantasyWhen King Lyram is assassinated by the Darquesse, a mass genocide unfolds across the Kingdom of Valia, leaving only a handful of survivors. A former criminal (YC) scavenges the ruined villages to survive, fleeing from the ever-present threat of shadowy monsters and warriors. An encounter with an idealistic young man (MC) leads to them unwillingly joining the last resistance group who embark on a journey to the capital to perform the impossible – defeat the Darquesse and avenge their ruined nation. Death or redemption – can they harness the secret of magic before the indomitable tyrant and overcome the odds? This is based on the most successful group RP I ever ran back in the day, with updated lore and story progression planned. I'm willing to kill some plot babies to collaborate on things though I do have a basis for most things here.
5. PermafrostPost Apocalyptic Scandi NoirOne year, winter never ends. Snow falls eternally, enveloping the earth in a sudden new ice age. As society melts down into tribalistic anarchy, a traveller (YC) seeks solace in one of the last safe havens, a town in the deep north of Norway where life has stayed the same. There, they meet a familiar old face (MC), the failing pastor of the local parish with a shadow of guilt behind his eyes. With a mysterious army gathering in the forest nearby, the town is caught up in a war of ideology and hope in which our characters take centre-stage.A lot of room for world-building and story planning together here as aside from characters and setting everything is currently a blank slate!
6. Formula FutureSportsSet in the highly politicised world of top-tier motorsport, a young hotshot rookie (MC) aims to become champion in a world of inter-team conflict, dangerous races and high-society spats. I know this is a very niche interest aha, but the conflicts would be largely interpersonal between our characters and whatever other events we choose to integrate as we write!
7. Pokemon: Mysterious FrontierFandomA group of talented young trainers are recruited for a scouting mission in an uninhabited region. Soon they discover they are not alone, with warring evil teams searching the wilderness for peculiar stones. Our heroes are thrust into a dangerous race against time to find the stones and uncover their secret before they fall into sinister hands.I'm up for other Pokemon ideas too as long as they're intriguing!
8. Doctor WhoFandom/Sci-Fi/VariousA newly regenerated Doctor (MC) undertakes episodic adventures in time and space with his companions (NC). Their journeys take them to... A beautiful planet with a dark history which threatons to repeat itself due to the actions of a mysterious scientist... An aquatic military base where an old enemy makes a surprise attack... An expedition to an alien temple full of traps and threats... And something strange is happening in the mirrors in London, something with dark ties to (YC)'s past...OCs only (save for villains, obviously). I'm open to running this with a small group of 2-4 people too. The idea is that we'd run it in episodes like the program itself, with different people taking the lead in setting out the story and world for each episode. I have many other ideas past the ones listed to the left.
9. Star WarsFandom/Sci-FiA long time ago in a galaxy far, far away... Centuries have past since the Skywalker Saga, and the New Jedi Order has been ostracised by a corrupt government who tolerates them whilst filling their courts with 'false Jedi', force sensitives with corrupt ambitions who ally themselves with the Senate. Soon galactic war is threatened once again, our heroes caught up in the forefront of it.The main intrigue I bring here is a number of good set piece ideas on different new planets and a cool idea for new space combat and weaponry. I'm happy to do anything Star Wars though as long as it's with OCs.

Other Unfleshed-Out Interests
  • My Hero Academia (either canon or OC)
  • Fire Emblem (probably OCs)
  • Star Fox
  • Some kind of mystery story where we both play multiple characters
  • Sci-Fi without too much deep scientific lore
Thanks so much for your time! If you're interested in writing with me on any of these ideas then please introduce yourself either in PMS or down below!

I'm unfamiliar with Norway other than the fact that they aquaculture tons of salmon, but i really love the realistic survival horror vibe of permafrost!

Paradoxica sounds amazing!
Glad you think so! Feel free to drop me a PM and tell me more about yourself :)

Another British night owl, I see.
Unfortunately yeah aha, my sleep pattern is all over the place at the moment :P

I'm unfamiliar with Norway other than the fact that they aquaculture tons of salmon, but i really love the realistic survival horror vibe of permafrost!
I can't remember ever doing much research past the actual location aha so don't worry if your Norge knowledge is lacking. I'd definitely be up for writing with you again!

You and I seem very compatible, but are you only interested in the ideas you've pitched?
As mentioned, I'm open to other pitches. I'm pretty picky when it comes to RPs though, so apologies in advance if I end up saying no!

Also just another heads up: I probably can't cope with more than a handful of partners, so I may not be able to follow up on all of your interests at the moment!

I think I'm too new to pm, but I love your Valiance and Permafrost plots. Permafrost reminds me of Frostpunk and I've been trying to rp that game for a bit now

Glad you think so! Feel free to drop me a PM and tell me more about yourself :)

Unfortunately yeah aha, my sleep pattern is all over the place at the moment :P

I can't remember ever doing much research past the actual location aha so don't worry if your Norge knowledge is lacking. I'd definitely be up for writing with you again!

As mentioned, I'm open to other pitches. I'm pretty picky when it comes to RPs though, so apologies in advance if I end up saying no!

Also just another heads up: I probably can't cope with more than a handful of partners, so I may not be able to follow up on all of your interests at the moment!

Yay! Thanks for that affirmative ^3^ As far as posting frequency, would once a week be frequent enough for you? I've an idea for a female character for Permafrost. I presume you'd just need the bare basics of a CS? As for OOC discussions and such I don't mind PM or discord.

I think I'm too new to pm, but I love your Valiance and Permafrost plots. Permafrost reminds me of Frostpunk and I've been trying to rp that game for a bit now
I've not heard of that I'm afraid! Shall I drop you a PM?

Yay! Thanks for that affirmative ^3^ As far as posting frequency, would once a week be frequent enough for you? I've an idea for a female character for Permafrost. I presume you'd just need the bare basics of a CS? As for OOC discussions and such I don't mind PM or discord.
I much prefer PM as I can keep everything on site - tbh Discord kinda stresses me out aha. So yeah please just drop me a message with that character idea and we can get plotting! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back