• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom GHOUL-World (Tokyo Ghoul) Search

GioTheSquid

1x1-er, queer-character player!
Anyone want to RP in the Ghoul (Tokyo Ghoul) world non-canon? If you're a history buff, i was thinking further back in time, before the establishment of reputable Ghoul Hunters, or perhaps during the start of their efforts.

This roleplay would be set in late 1800's (So think Sherlock Holmes, just at the start of the motorcar's emergence in society, starched collars, finery, but also horse drawn carriages, the slave trade, and grit). Ghouls are a well known threat and are accredited with some of the atrocities known at that time (like the White Chapel Slayings and other assorted crimes). As always, the Ghoul's operate under cover, but at this point in time, they are scattered about, lacking of aptly coordinated communities, and subject to being hunted by the early ranks of the CCG agents, who do not posses the exact technologies as they do now, but at a time of industrial warfare (the emergence of chemical agents, advanced bombs, and semi-automatic weaponry) they still have the upper hand on these early generation Ghouls whom live in constant fear of being hunted and executed.

I have a few characters in mind for this, and I'll sum them up in just a few words.

~The Doctor~

Alphonse Argyle (age 35-40) is a Ghoul of exceptional medical knowledge, and an active duty medic of the Anglo-Afgan war (mid 1830's). He has made a name for himself with his exceptional surgical skills and the use of his keen and intelligent Limbs (kagune, canon) on the battlefield, performing both surgeries and amputations with practived ease. On the battlefield, he is quick and efficient, but internally, fears death and is opposed to the carnage despite the battlefield proving to be a vast buffet of innumerable dining choices. He often does not eat around his comrades, and is one of only a few Ghouls to serve king and country as a gentleman of pardon. He is a Ghoul under contract the King of England, in service to his Majesty, and is an out and proud Ghoul, known to his comrades. Stories with him can be set on the field of war, or returning home to merry ol' London to continue his life after ending his deployment at war. Considering he is an agent of the royal crown, he is sworn to service under penalty of death, and is under lock and key to the wills of the monarchy, and the CCG whom is also under the employ of the crown in the same way as privateers/pirate hunters/bounty hunters would be (so with more liberties)

Roles to consider: Battle Buddy, Lover, Good Friend, Agent of the CCG, Whatever you can think of! Ghouls and humans welcome.

~The Merchant~

Djali Roux (age 20-25) is an Irish river rat who travels the waterways with his band of gypsy vagabonds, distributing their wares to small communities along the riverbank. They make and sell spiced meats, candies, coffees, chocolates and other assorted goods infused with humans bits, made especially for Ghoul consumption. (I know canon only coffee and meat taste good, but think of it more as survival foods made passable to the Ghoul digestive system through painstaking craftsmanship and efforts). They are part of a much larger settlement of camps that may have well have been the start of organized settlement communities for Ghouls within the inner city. Most of them remain settled on their encampment sites, but he often takes what equates to a small roaming community with him around to travel, which includes children and adult Ghouls. A Peaceful, loving, sort of fellow with a big heart, and a penchant for music, his group is always open to runaway Ghouls and even human beings, as they never eat humans whom offer them safe passage, kindness, shelter, or food. When they go through town, it's not uncommon for people to avoid them, but the Ghouls of the community known better. Often times the town's sickly or perverse will go missing when they pass through, which causes suspicion from the law, but relief to avoident townspeople who look the other way. Criminals and those carrying diseases which Ghouls cannot be effected by are often the cattle they use for slaughter. Formerly a Ghoul with under developed limbs, he was indentured into the slave trade for his work as a hard laborer and craftsman, where he underwent exceptional cruelties for which he couldn't defend himself. When his limbs finally matured though, they took the form of whips, able to strike at speeds breaking the sound barriers with a resounding crack, ironic considering whips were what had subdued him throughout adolescence. A runaway himself at that age, he met up with a man he now calls his father who introduced him to greater possibilities in the world, where he found himself free and independent at last.

Roles to consider: A runaway, a towns'person/towns'ghoul, a fellow member of his clan, an investigator for the CCG, Whatever you can think of! Humans and Ghouls welcome.

~Father~

Mason Roux (45-50) is the owner of a large orphanage/boarding house converted from a mansion in which he houses Ghouls of every walk of life, typically underage. He is the adoptive father of Djali, and a caring and nurturing sort whom has made himself father and educator of all the homeless, or abandoned Ghoul children and young adults who people his school. His Limbs manifest in the form of what appear to be wings that can harden to an impenetrable material while still maintaining its organic qualities, able to move between states of mass. He has classes just like other schools for professors willing to teach in secrecy, and has a strict no-harm policy concerning humans on the premises. He is loving, and strong willed, but strict in how he teaches the children in his care with a very monastic disciplinary style which includes caning, withholding meals, and solitary confinement as their most severe forms of punishment. His school pays fairly to professors whom receive free room and board, as they have many exports which they make including breads, clothes, crafts and such made by the learning hands of his students, as well as a steady food export for their home grown crops tended to on their many acres of land. However, his employ is a revolving door, and the educators who cannot be trusted with secrecy often find themselves missing. This is the reason which the CCG take an interest in the school. The CCG longs to implant a double agent within the school, but it simply has not been done yet.

Roles to consider: Student, professor, CCG Double Agent, CCG Detective, Whatever you can think of! Ghouls and humans welcome.

*Note: All genders, relationships styles, writing styles welcome. NO smut requests, public or private.

Last edited by a moderator:
@oculusrefrain I'm so glad you like it, mate! So which, or do all, characters most appeal to you? And do you have characters in mind? Do you like PM or thread? :D

@gogojojo331

Sorry, sorry, 1x1, but I can play multiple characters, or one of the three. I considered a small group search, but I'm not familiar with the dynamics of how they're played on this particular site, yet.

@gogojojo331

>//A//<;;;; *bop'd*

I have. D: Not too familiar with threads yet...I thought this was the right place, but i might've taken the wrong turn at Albuquerque...

@oculusrefrain OH HEY YOU'RE BACK!

And I'm not sure what @gogojojo331 wants to do, but if you're sitll interested in a 1x1 that's preferred, but if we're all interested, I don't see why it wouldn't be doable.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back