• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Gestalt Rifts: The Saviors of Lazlo!

Mirgris

Elder Member
That's right guys, I have officially gone insane.

Gestalt Rifts:

Chose two classes, you get all the skills and abilities of each.

And then a GM given bonus for mixing the two.

Restrictions: No two classes that are nearly identical.

(Mage +Rift Mage((I do magic and BETTER magic at rifts)))

Stats will buy done on a point buy system and physical stats will not be increased by physical skills:

Maybe, we will allow +2 or 3 to a stat of choice in exchange for a skill.

Still figuring out some homebrew stuff.

Story Line:

Lazlo, the city of magic is finally being invaded by the coalition states. Among the city heroes come forward in great groups. Glitter Boys, Cyber Knights, Techno-mages.

However they will not fall easily.

Old Friends are called, favors cashed in, fortunes spent, and great armories opened.

A task force is made small squads with great potential and many great weapons and tools given to them. They cities defense is strong it can stand as an anvil. They, they must serve as the hammer.

Also I will not start without a Co-GM because I will have a PC and am eager to not run every battle that I am participating in.

(I will be running Cyborg/Technomage)

Sounds interesting. Count me as interested; I'll just have to break out the PDFs to see what classes I might want to do. Are you allowing stuff from other Palladium books, such as the Robotech stuff? Say, a mecha pilot that has been yoinked through a Rift?

Sherwood said:
Sounds interesting. Count me as interested; I'll just have to break out the PDFs to see what classes I might want to do. Are you allowing stuff from other Palladium books, such as the Robotech stuff? Say, a mecha pilot that has been yoinked through a Rift?
In general yes but on a case by case basis.

Mech pilot probably not since there's already a pilot class it's just weaker (but fitting the rifts combat level) .

How ever a reaper (motorcycle riding zombie killer from dead reign) mixed with cyber knight would.

With the bonus being there bike being made from mdc skin like the knight gets.

I was really hoping to be able to pull in a hover tank from the Southern Cross saga, but if you say 'no', I'll have to survive somehow. I just need to pick what two OCCs will go together well.

Unless I can convince you to let me take that tank, that is! (O:))

Another question: since the stats are going to be point-based, and physical skills don't increase them, do you get the various OCC bonuses from your class? I was looking at the Cyber Knight, and they get a plethora of bonuses to their stats at start-up.

Sherwood said:
I was really hoping to be able to pull in a hover tank from the Southern Cross saga, but if you say 'no', I'll have to survive somehow. I just need to pick what two OCCs will go together well.
Unless I can convince you to let me take that tank, that is! (O:))
The party having a tank would be fine

Sherwood said:
Another question: since the stats are going to be point-based, and physical skills don't increase them, do you get the various OCC bonuses from your class? I was looking at the Cyber Knight, and they get a plethora of bonuses to their stats at start-up.
I'm thinking 100 stat points+OOC and You can trade a secondary skill selection for +3 to one stat of choice (instead of the skill)

That 100 stat points, is it buying the stat up from zero, or is there a starting value besides that? I am currently toying with a Cyber Knight/Anti-Monster, but it is not set in stone.

Sherwood said:
That 100 stat points, is it buying the stat up from zero, or is there a starting value besides that? I am currently toying with a Cyber Knight/Anti-Monster, but it is not set in stone.
Yeah 100 from 0 enough to get 10 in everything and 1 30 and a 20.

So a solid character.

Feel free to tag people were currently short handed.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, what would work better for you; a Cyber Knight hover tank pilot or a Cyber Knight Anti-Monster? I am able to go with either one.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sherwood" data-cite="Sherwood" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="223009" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>So, what would work better for you; a Cyber Knight hover tank pilot or a Cyber Knight Anti-Monster? I am able to go with either one.</div></blockquote>

<p>

Well it would probably be best to wait for a few other people see what interest them.</p>

The thing where you are allowing us to trade in a skill for a +3 stat increase; is that a one time thing to just one stat, or can I trade in three skills to get the +3 on three different stats?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Sherwood" data-cite="Sherwood" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="223009" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The thing where you are allowing us to trade in a skill for a +3 stat increase; is that a one time thing to just one stat, or can I trade in three skills to get the +3 on three different stats?</div></blockquote>

<p>

You could do it in any combination</p>

<p>

Lose four skills and divide them up +3+3+6</p>

<p>

Yes you can do it multiple times to multiple skills or multiple times on the same skill.</p>

I know, but I get excited to find a game that I can play in opposed to running it. Besides, making characters can be fun.

I considered it, but wanted to be able to do more than be a walking artillery piece. I'm 70% sold on going the Anti-Monster/Cyber Knight combo, but I am still tinkering with a Cyber Knight/Hover Tank Pilot.

<p>What a crazy idea. There's this Psyscape Mind Melter I always wanted to play and never got to. Cross that with...uh, White Rose Mystic Knight would make for some interesting synergies!</p>

<p>

I <em>might</em> be up for helping to run the game. Alas, I have a full time job and a 7 week old baby...and the last time I played Rifts seriously was in the 1990s. >_> While my schedule is just starting to get sane enough to start looking at other games, I'm not sure how much I'm up for. Basically I have some willingness but don't want to overpromise.</p>

<p>I do hope we get some more confirmed players. I would love to play this.</p>

I'm interested, though I don't know much about it. The most I know about Table Top gaming is a little bit of D&D 3.5

I know much about the system, and have most of the books on PDF so I can offer up as much help as you need.

Any thoughts on what kind of character you are pondering?

Not at all. I usually wait until I can see the character sheet, that way I have a good idea of what I'm looking for.

Alright, after looking through stuff and finding out what some of the words mean, I've got a preliminary idea of what I may like to do.

Traditional Samurai Warrior combined with Mind Melter.

Possibly a Ronin..

Of course, if there is already going to be a Mind Melter, I believe a Nega-Psychic would be a good choice to combine with a Samurai.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back