• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Generic Superhero RP Title

Mathias smiles softly through the pain. "Your shield is getting better," he croaks out, trusting Azlyn to heal him.

As the men get finished off, Leo calls in to the officials to let them know the enemies have been dealt with. Jaxon takes off his suit and sits on the ground to nurse his twisted ankle. Leo shakes off the pain of a wound on his arm from a bullet going straight through his bicep. Jaxon stares at Leo, appalled, as the wound closes up before his eyes.

Leo catches Jaxon's eye. "What?" He says.

"Oh, nothing. Everything's totally normal," Jax says sarcastically, earning a smirk and chuckle from Leo.

"Is your ankle okay?" Leo asks.

"Oh it's fine I'm sure I can heal it as easily as you healed the hole in your arm."

"I don't know about that, burned a lot of mana on top of all those attacks. Now, don't move... this is going to hurt." She moved her hand over the hole in his chest so she could at least start healing his lung. Though she was nervous, she hid it, and quietly said, "Don't worry, I'm going to get you out of here alive, I promise." Mathias would undoubtedly find it odd that someone was so concerned with keeping him alive and caring for him - well, at all.

Aaron ran in once he got the all-clear. He pauses when he sees the blood on Leo's sleeve, then said, "Well, you're all alive... wait. Where's the other two?" Had that been that crashing sound they had heard from outside...?

"Just fix me up enough to walk and let's go back to the others. There's an ambulance outside, I'm sure," Mathias says, not wanting her to overwork herself.

"They're still in there. I think they need help," Leo says, since he didn't see them after the part of the building collapsed.

"I don't think you understand how internal bleeding works, you really shouldn't be moving much." She kept her hand on his chest even after she had finished healing his lung. She helped him out of his bullet-proof vest so he could breathe easier, then ripped at the hem of his shirt to make bandages. After wadding the cloth carefully, she held it over the bleeding wound on his chest. "I guess we may have no choice, though. I'm not going to leave you here."

Aaron looked back to some of the spare men, and shouted at them to start sifting through the rubble. He didn't know that Azlyn and Mathias had been underground.

"It's okay, they'll find me eventually. You should try to get out of here. Call for more people if you think you need to," Mathias says. He had this nagging feeling in the back of his mind that the coast wasn't clear yet.

Jaxon speaks up. "When we were in there, they went through some secret passageway with the Pyro. They might be underneath us."

Leo raises in eyebrow. It must be easy to observe what's around you when your suit is bulletproof.

"No, no, I'm staying here with you. I'm not going to leave you." She pulled out her radio and decided it was worth a shot. "Guys? Everyone? We're alive, in some tunnel. I don't know where it leads. Mathias is injured."

Aaron looked to his radio when he heard Azlyn voice. He sighed and replied, "There's probably some back exit, do you know which direction you faced?"

Azlyn shook her head. "East. I think. We're not far in but there's a lot of rubble from the original entrance."

One of the firemen says into the radio, "We're on our way." A group of them run into the building and disappear among the rubble.

Leo touches his still stinging arm. Jaxon goes to an ambulance to get his ankle checked out.

Aaron approached Leo and softly said, "Are you okay? Is the bullet still in it?"

Azlyn said, "Alright, better get settled in, they might be awhile." Just the two of them... together. Hopefully Mathias would be more conversational.

Leo shakes his head. "No, it went straight through. Just stings a little now. Like an itchy feeling," Leo says.

Mathias sighs. "Why is it that you're caring for me this much?" He felt like a burden.

"Sounds uncomfortable. Anything we can get you from the ambulance?" Aaron didn't want to stop talking to Leo.

Azlyn stared at him a moment, then gently said, "Because you're part of my team and you need to be cared for. You deserve to be cared for."

Leo shakes his head. "No, I'm totally fine. Thanks though," Leo says. He shifts his gaze away from Aaron and off to the side somewhere. He didn't want to admit to himself that he had a think for Aaron.

"I don't think I deserve it, but... thanks, I guess." Mathias didn't have the strength to argue.

"You're welcome," Aaron said. He couldn't think of anything else to say, so he turned and went back to the van where they had a workstation set up.

"You're a good persob, of course you do," Azlyn insisted gently she could tell that he was getting tired, so he took his hand and put hers in it. "Squeeze my hand. Don't break it, but squeeze it."

Leo shifts. Awhile passes after the search had started. Leo finally clears his head of thoughts of Aaron and decides to get over himself. He goes to Aaron and says, "Could I talk to you in private?" He looks assertive. Sure of himself. But he felt the complete opposite of that.

Mathias does as she says. It felt nice holding her hand. It felt calming. It was small in his large hands, but he liked that. He didn't really want to talk anymore. He was feeling weaker and weaker despite being decently healed.

Aaron looked around and gestured for Leo to follow him away from the many people around them. Once completely alone, he asked, "What's up?"

Azlyn rather liked the feeling of her hand in his. He was warm - she had noticed that about him, he was warmer than people ought to be, but he was healthy. That gave her an idea. He was probably going into shock to some extent, since she hadn't been able to stop the bleeding. She had to keep him warm. But to have him lay down, as he should for shock treatment, wasn't possible with his injury. So she moved to lean against he wall and said, "Trust me," as she gently pulled on him so he would lean with his back against her chest, his head at her shoulder level allowing him to recline without quite laying down. She kept her hand in his, and reached out to tuck a bit of his long hair behind his ear. She tucked her head in against his and started quietly humming. He needed to stay awake.

Leo hesitates for a good few moments before saying, "I haven't been able to stop thinking about you lately. And I'm sorry I hated you when I first came into this program." He didn't want to go too far only to be told that Aaron isn't gay.

Mathias makes sure he stays up so Azlyn doesn't have to worry. He stares forward and tries as best he can to not put a lot of pressure on Azlyn's body.

Aaron just stared for a few moments, then said, "It was quite understandable, given the circumstances. I'm glad we've been able to move past that, though." He didn't want to assume where Leo was going with the statement.

Azlyn squeezed his hand a bit and said, "Mathias? What would you be doing if you didn't have your abilities? I know you were a bounty hunter and all before this. I've been wondering what life would be like for the four of us if we weren't like this." She just wanted to keep hi, talking.

Leo frowns. Aaron didn't seem to understand. "Me too." He gets quiet.

"Honestly? I have no clue." Mathias says. "What do you see me being..?"

Aaron shifted uncomfortably for a second, wondering how to continue this conversation. "It's sad, too. I'm considering a very early retirement. Changing my job. Because I'm... Leo, I'm very attracted to you."

"Whatever you want. Maybe a vet, or a doctor perhaps. Could be a police officer. Someone with a job helping people, I'd imagine." She settled her head in to rest against his shoulder.

Leo looks surprised. "Seriously? I'm attracted to you too, but why would you change jobs?"

"You think too highly of me," Mathias says and struggles to keep his eyes open.

Aaron looked at Leo in surprise. "Because I though you weren't attracted to me, and it would be unprofessional of me to want you when you don't want me and in your caretaker and all."

"No, you think too low of yourself," she said softly. Seeing that he was struggling to stay awake, she sat up a bit and held him tighter, tears starting to run down her face. She just felt so damn useless, being a healer, but he was still heavily bleeding. "Please don't close your eyes."

"But I do want you. So that changes things, right?" Leo says, a little hopeful and praying he doesn't leave his job anytime soon so they don't have to be apart.

Mathias forces them open when he feels the tears drip onto him. "Please don't cry over me. And don't chastise yourself because you did all you could do" Mathias says as if reading her mind.

"Definitely," Aaron said with a smile. Someone from the rubble shouted that they think they may have found the stairwell.

"No, I promised you that you'd get out of this. That's what you're going to do. I won't cry over you because you'll be alive and walking," she said with sudden determination. Without hesitating, she reached into her pocket and pulled out a glass vial and downed it, then put her hand over his chest again. "This may hurt, but I'm going to heal this completely and increase your blood production slightly." Healing the wound took only a few moments, and he would feel better, not even as tired as before. Now, though, on her own body was an exactly copy of the wound she had just healed, bleeding more severely. She let go of him so he wasn't leaning back on her, and hoped he wouldn't see the wound on her, though he could likely smell her blood.

Leo immediately runs over so he can be one of the first to see if his comrades are safe. He cared about them even though he acted like he hated the program

At first Mathias smiles. "Wow, that's amazing.. you're a lot stronger.. than I.. imagined... Azlyn?" He catches scent of the new blood and turns to her. He sees the wound and gasps, quickly pulling her into his arms. "Azlyn! What did you do?!" He was furious. Mostly with himself.

Aaron followed Leo. There was still a lot of rubble in their way, but the stairwell was there, and they could focus the efforts now.

Azlyn smiled slightly and said, "I took your injury for you. I guess I bought us time, but I couldn't stand the thought of you dying... not when I had that potion, not when you think yourself so worthless when you're so valuable." Unlike him, she could feel the shock setting in, and was cold, consequently burrowing against his chest. She took his hand in hers and very quietly said, "Please don't be mad."

Mathias hisses. "Shit. Why would you do something like that?" He didn't want to be mad, but he was. He didn't want to be panicked, but he was. He didn't want to feel his heart shattering slowly, but he did. Mathias lifts Azlyn up, ignoring his own shakiness. He turns towards where he heard the sounds of men and goes up the few steps left of the staircase on their side. He starts picking away at the rubble with one hand while holding Azlyn in his other arm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back