• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Generic Superhero RP Title

Kenzie is in the room, and she says, “Are you okay? You look tired.”

Erik tries to track down the heroes, specifically Mathias and Azlyn.

"Yeah, I'm good. Tired, but good," Aaron said quietly.

Mathias and Azlyn were easy enough to find, since they were resting in his room. Azlyn answered the door, still half-asleep "Hey, what's up Erik?"

“I can get another bed in here so you can nap with Leo,” Kenzie says.

“Hi. I just wanted to talk. About the witch, Marian is her name, right?” He says.

Aaron immediately perked up. "Could you?" He knew Leo might get mad at him if he denied himself sleep.

"Yeah," Azlyn said, a bit concerned. Mathias walked to the door and stood behind her.

“Yeah! I’ll be right back,” she says and leaves the room, then comes back in, rolling a bed Aaron’s way.

“I’m not sure how else to say this, but I think I have romantic feelings for her,” Erik says, naive and inexperienced.

"Thank you so much," Aaron said with a sigh. He took off his jacket and climbed into the bed making sure he faced Leo in case anything happened.

Azlyn was frozen in shock, and hoping Mathias hadn't heard. Of course he had, and immediately wrapped his arms around Azlyn possessively. "You best hope you don't," Mathias growled.

Azlyn put a hand on Mathias's arm in the hopes of keeping him somewhat calm, and said, "Erik... I don't think you do. Romantic feelings tend to develop over time. You've met her once."

“You’re welcome,” Kenzie says and leaves the room, shutting the door behind her cause she’s the last one out.

Erik furrows his eyebrows. “But I never felt like that before. She felt comfortable and familiar.” Familiar only because he’s been surrounded by evil most of his life. But he didn’t know what liking someone felt like.

Aaron settled down and dozed off.

Mathias held Azlyn more tightly.

Azlyn said, "Comfort and familiarity don't necessarily mean romantic feelings. Comfort is just your natural defenses lowering because you see something in that person that is, as you said, familiar. Romantic feelings often settle in later. It's usually a nice feeling, like you maybe want to smile around the person for no reason, you might even be a bit on edge, or you are comfortable with them but you still get some butterflies in your stomach, you know?"

Erik looks confused. “That nauseating feeling? I thought I only got that because I associate her with wounds...” he says the second part quietly. He was talking about Kenzie.

Azlyn slowly smiled and said, "You probably have feelings for her, Erik. You should tell her." Azlyn wasn't 100% certain that he was talking about Kenzie, but she was pretty sure. "What you feel towards Marian is just camaraderie. You would be good friends."

“Oh. I see. But I can’t tell her, I’m not good for her. She is kind. I am not like her. Even though Kalon is gone now, it doesn’t change anything about me,” Erik says.

"Maybe you should let her decide what is good for her," Azlyn said gently. She looked up at Mathias, knowing they had had this issue with both of them thinking they weren't good enough for the others. "Right, love?"

Mathias nods, just happy Erik isn’t trying to get at his woman. “Of course.”

Erik shakes her head. “I think I’m on a different level. And anyway, my purpose here is done, I’m going to see if Aaron will let me leave this place,” he says. “I won’t impose any longer. Thank you for your time,” he says, turning to leave.

Azlyn froze, then said before he could leave, "Wait, what? Erik, you can't just leave. Did you really think you're only here because of Kallon? No, you're here because you're a good person who had a hard life. Here, you can have a place to stay, a place to be safe and a place to belong. We all like having you as part of this team. We like you as a person." She was assuming that he assumed he wasn't wanted any more.

Erik stops and looks at her. “No, I don’t belong here. I’ve done horrible things, I’m not someone who can save people like you all can. Maybe I have morals, but that doesn’t excuse my past.”

Azlyn sighed heavily, then said, "Erik, I came here because I wanted to make up for the wrongs I've done in the past. I've spent years trying to make up what I've done. Most of those were the witch, but they were still on me in a way. Working with all of us, you can work to redeem yourself. You don't have to prove yourself to anyone here, but if it's what you're looking for, you have that option. You're welcome here. And even if you can't save people, you can help us."

Erik, feeling completely tainted since day one, can’t accept his being a part of their group. “I’ll think about it,” he lies, and continues to walk.

Azlyn just nodded and turned back to Mathias, taking him back into the room so they could rest. Once they were settled, she said, "It was cute how protective you got."

Kenzie was walking toward the exit since her shift was over, and saw Erik in the hall. "Hey Erik. Are you heading to the medical bay? I'll stay to help you if you are."

“I wouldn’t call it cute. I would have punched him if he was serious about having feelings for Marian. Different personality or not, it’s still your body,” Mathias says.

“Oh-“ There was that gross feeling in his stomach again. “You don’t need to. I’m just going to see Aaron.”

Azlyn smiled and kissed his cheek. "Aw, that's so sweet." She liked him being territorial over her.

"Oh, he just fell asleep next to Leo, could it maybe wait til morning?" Kenzie said.

Azlyn nodded and blushed a bit. "I mean, I like that you're that protective. Or maybe jealous is the word, but still." She meant jealous as in he was scared someone would take her.

Kenzie frowned. "I'm sorry, Erik. What is it? Maybe I can help, or I can find someone besides Aaron who can help?"

“Not jealous, just keeping my property as my own,” Mathias says.

Erik shakes his head. “No. Only Aaron can help me,” he says. “It’s fine. I’ll come back tomorrow then.”

Azlyn smirked. "I'd say something about being referred to as property, but... We are just as bad as each other in this area." She chuckled and kissed his cheek a few times. "Just know, a man could shower me with gifts and flirt with me incessantly, I would never bat an eye except for casting a hex on him, maybe. I only care for you, and I'll only ever care for you. But in fairness, if a woman flirted with you, I would probably hex her in a heartbeat."

"Are you sure?" Kenzie asked with evident concern.

“I would absolutely not mind that,” Mathias says, chuckling at her.

Erik nods and starts walking towards his room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back