• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Czecho let out a laugh at the blonde girl's enthusiastic photo bomb, he liked her spirit.

Turning to look towards Jace, Czecho swung the cats on him as he twisted his body. "Oh, yeah, you're one of the Eastern EU players too, right? YA nemnogo znayu russkiy, on pokhozh na ukrainskiy." Smiling, he gave the younger man a fist bump, making a lame explosion with his hand after contact. He didn't care, though. He thought it was cool, and that was the only opinion he was concerned for.

"Glad to have you, I'm Czecho Slavinski. You're a long range DPS player, right? I main close range support," Czecho said, before leaning closer to the man and whispering conspiratorially, "between me and you, I think we should recruit a tank main to help us. If we get someone to take the hits for us, you can stay back and pick off the competition while I keep the tank up with healing spells. Zvuchit neplokho?"

Then the Swedish girl drew a gun on them.

"Whoah!" Czecho cried, waving his hands in a placating gesture before seeing the weapons hover over Keila, making him step in front of the thirteen-year-old purely on instinct, "WHOAH!"

He wasn't entirely sure what an ADR weapon out of game would do to a real person, but it looked life-like enough to be life threatening. Czecho was sure he spoke for everyone when he said it was a major relief when the girl backed down.

"Hey, hey!" Czecho called, making a timeout motion with his hands to Annie and Sibylla. "That guy, that smart, dashingly dressed guy over there, like seriously, awesome suit man," Czecho said, motioning towards Roland with a respectful nod, "has the right idea. Think about it, they said that any playstyle is acceptable, and I can only assume that includes teaming. He's right about needing a party to beat the boss, but let's double back to the first round. How many people do you guys think have the same idea as me?"

Czecho stopped momentarily, waiting for an answer. "Probably all of them. Think about it, all our classes have inherent weaknesses that have to be filled by other classes. Supports are gonna team up with tanks, then they'll recruit a few DPS, and before you know it, the entire lounge is forming one big party."

"You're talking some pretty big talk over there,"
Czecho said, motioning towards Sibylla, "but do you think even you can take on, what, ten or so other players? By yourself? Nah, man, the only way we can get through round one is by working together."

"I think you guys are coo-"
Czecho shot a split second glance towards Sibylla, "-mostly cool. I think it'd be fun to work with you, and I think we'd be better off if we did."

FiveElemental FiveElemental SilverFlight SilverFlight Mirai-chan Mirai-chan kase9187 kase9187 Nellancholy Nellancholy Tiguidi Tiguidi animegirl20 animegirl20 Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead Goonfire Goonfire

Last edited:
Annie smiled. The dude from the X Reader fanfic was making some good sense. Especially since she was probably going to join with Jason anyways.

"I'm down with the idea. Mostly. I'd rather not have to cover for Miss Royalty showing off her $900 guns and threatening to shoot us, but if it means we can make it to round 2, fuck it. I'll try to work with her. And the rest of us here, of course."

L
FiveElemental FiveElemental Togy Togy SilverFlight SilverFlight Goonfire Goonfire Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Tiguidi Tiguidi animegirl20 animegirl20 Nellancholy Nellancholy

3A43AA15-5932-4C76-BD9F-28CDFE58A518.jpegThough he didn’t show it, the announcement unsettled Reign. He feared he wouldn’t hold up against others, despite his solid debuffs. He discarded his t-shirt and satchel, revealing the rest of his magenta-accented suit, now only decorated with his scarf. He could hear his fellow Swede talking intense smack, the absurdity of which pushed aside his qualms. There were plenty of big-talkers like her, superstars or not. They always tended to miss a beat and fall flat on their faces.

He was about to speak up when the man in the business suit beat him to the punch and said what he was thinking more diplomatically. “I fully agree,” he started cheerfully while leaning back in a chair. His tone slowly dropped to a more devilish sort. “Threatening several others at once is how alliances form.”

If Randulf had paid attention to one thing in school, it was history. With her threats against others in the room and attempted displays of dominance, Blixt was setting herself up to play Germany in a World War II scenario. “Oh, oh! See? Czecho gets it!” Reign added with his grin widening. “We have the option to turn on each other and pray the other 90 or so won’t capitalize on it and kill us first... Or, we can do what we’re literally doing now—kudos to you, lovelies—and show them there’s already a party here to kill that boss.”

FiveElemental FiveElemental kase9187 kase9187 Togy Togy Nellancholy Nellancholy

Last edited:
Czecho's sudden reaction to her menacing of Keila was understandable, if surprising. Well, that was what she planned for, anyway. Now she had a bit more of an idea of who would react to protect the seemingly vulnerable, the ones who could be put off balance by an obvious display of force and might...overextend. "Don't worry. I've taken it before. Doesn't hurt." She twirled the deactivated weapons around her fingers, sliding them back into their holsters.

Annie, on the other hand, seemed not to be rising outright to any of her provocation even as it clearly annoyed her. "Do or do not, there's no need to try with me."

Glancing over the rest of the participants, she gave them a curt nod. "I know what it's like to be ganged up on. I'd say 90 against me is even odds. But I hear what you're saying. I'll make sure to leave a few openings for you guys to score. Not sharing my pennants, though. I'm sure you guys can pick up the slack."

Togy Togy kase9187 kase9187

"Ninety versus you is even odds and yet you've been shot by your own guns so you know how it feels. I don't know whether you fought a God or whether you're even more delusional than I thought. And don't quote Yoda at me, Alex Wesker." Annie said with a side eye.

When Reign spoke up, she flashed a smile at him. He was a dork, but she already had hers. Still liked his energy. "Thanks for that vote of confidence... Reign, right? Seen some of your stuff. This'll be fun."

Goonfire Goonfire Nellancholy Nellancholy

NeilFace.png"Of course I'm confident. You don't get to a place like this by being uncertain. Or modest. You just tell yourself that and you'll be fine. Unless, of course...you run into me in the arena."

A small smile couldn’t be hidden from Linguine’s face after this bold statement from Blixt. “Hohh?”, he let out in amusement, straightening up his back to sit cross-legged on the sofa. He didn’t feel particularly threatened but took note of that regardless. He didn’t intend to square off against the big shots right off the bat but he’d have to be careful in case he would be the one being targeted. In a game with such a large number of participants, painting a target on your back is simply calling for death, after all.

Linguine raised an eyebrow when a blonde girl, obviously much younger than everyone, entered the lounge and practically jumped at Akramian for an autograph. He was about to ask who let fans in when he realized that this little was no fan at all -well, she technically was but she was also a player just like him. “Luminous too, huh…”

He cringed internally when he noticed Bee jump behind the two who were doing a selfie. This girl truly didn’t possess an ‘off’ switch. “Yo Bee, you don’t have to be present in every picture, y’know…”, he idly commented.

Linguine’s back instinctively straightened when the room lit up with a holographic map (albeit blurry) of the area everyone would be competing in. Was it time to give everyone more details? Those were disappointingly sparse when he tried to do some research on the tournament. Going in semi-blind really wasn’t something he liked.

His expression didn’t change much during the explanation but he was hyper-focused, analyzing each word that came out of Kuro. Simply understanding the rules better than others might give him an edge, after all. Be fast. And kill players. So he’d just have to kill others quickly. Simple enough.

Shortly after the explanation, the man in a suit took initiative to suggest everyone teamed up. Tempting, considering the tournament went from a battle royale to a cooperation-oriented game after. “Teaming up sounds alright.”, he said with a lazy shrug. Of course, he still had his doubts -the suited man practically jumped at the opportunity to ask for diplomacy. He’d have to keep an eye on him, just in case. Though others seemed on board with the idea. Good enough for him.

With that being said, being trigger happy early on could have consequences in the puzzle and boss sections. Wait, boss? “Uh, hey Kuro, I got a question. Even if we decide to group up to kill the boss, there’s still going to be one winner in the end, right…? And what even happens if no one survives the boss fight?” Maybe loophole shenanigans were to happen. He loved doing those.

"And you, feeling confident yet?"

“Careful Blixt.”, he replied, finally getting up and stretching his arms above his head, though a certain glint was visible in his eye. Motivation, maybe? “Letting sleeping dogs lie is sometimes the best course of action. … Though I sound like a broken record at this point, eh?”, he quickly added, seeing as everyone had something to say about her.

FiveElemental FiveElemental Goonfire Goonfire Nellancholy Nellancholy animegirl20 animegirl20 Togy Togy Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead kase9187 kase9187 SilverFlight SilverFlight Mirai-chan Mirai-chan

Bee looked up from the photobomb and gave her teammeate a mock-affronted glare, she answered him in a crigny fake British accent with a self-righteous edge only she could pull off. "What sir? Blasphemy! Suit man! Remove this player at once, he has offended me. Naturally, I must be in every photo."
Tiguidi Tiguidi FiveElemental FiveElemental

"There are currently one hundred and eighty-six players registered on the game roster who have signed in and are waiting in the lounge areas." Kuro answered Annie's question dutifully. kase9187 kase9187

It wasn't long after that Bee heard the familiar sound effect of guns being brought out. Bee paused, a spoonful of frozen yoghurt in her mouth, watching Sibylla carefully. From the streams and interviews, this seemed pretty on brand for the player, so Bee continued to watch as the others reacted.
Annie was first, Bee winced at the quip.
"Oh snap." She chuckled. Nellancholy Nellancholy kase9187 kase9187

The player in the full suit began speaking and Bee listened intently. For whatever reason he seemed bent on getting them to cooperate. Bee loved it.
Seeing at the well-dressed player didn't actually give a name, she made one up.

"Sure thing Coach, I like teams. It looks like we'll need some thinkers for the next round. Since winning the game isn't dependent on taking out players anyway, it'd be easier to focus on ads for wracking up points after the pvp."
Bee didn't often like to reveal her tactical skill to competitors, but she was excited, and try as she might, she couldn't think of most of the people in this room as enemies.

Reign and Czecho agreed as well and when the Ukrainian called (most of them) cool, she touched her heart with a smile. "Awww, thanks bro. I'm just gonna assume I was included there."
FiveElemental FiveElemental Togy Togy Goonfire Goonfire

Kuro answeed the next question with the same, friendly yet monotone voice. "The winner will be decided by the number of points obtained. The player with the highest number of points, regardless of game completion will be crowned the winner of the tournament."
"That way they don't lose entertainment value if we all get nuked." Bee laughed.
Tiguidi Tiguidi

Listening to Annie and Sibylla was entertaining, but at a break Bee gave the (possibly overconfident) player a sympathetic frown.
"You know," she said through another spoonful of frozen yoghurt. "I could be wrong but...I think we might want to work on your people skills a little bit..."
Then a look of pure shock crossed her face and she laughed, hard.
"Greek sailors! HAHA! Ah, I just got it."
Nellancholy Nellancholy kase9187 kase9187

It didn't take long for Bee's mind to wander again. "Oh Hey! after the tournament we totally have to go sightseeing! What should we see first? I mean, I have to have ramen, can't skip that, and tako-yaki...and sushi from that awesome sushi chef that like, works a little kiosk in that subway station there, OH! Shibuya! We canNOT leave Tokyo without going there...wait, what else, the floor is open!"
Bee pretended to pass a mic to the others, grinning excitedly.

@ all players

Mirai-chan Mirai-chan animegirl20 animegirl20 Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead

Annie looked up to Jason, still in his arms and reclining before she reached up to peck his cheek again. "I think that all sounds wonderful, Bee. Jason and I were probably going to stay for a while anyways, so its not out of the question."

She actually gave it a good thought... "How about window shopping in the Ginza district, if I'm remembering correctly? Sounds like it'd be interesting."

"Almost two hundred players though. If we team up itll be a sinch. Everyone will definitely move onto round 2." She smiled. "And considering how quickly we came up with teaming as a strategy, we're going to probably be fighting groups of five or so rather than mowing down single targets. Anyone here good at picking off targets from afar? Like a sniper."

animegirl20 animegirl20 SilverFlight SilverFlight Nellancholy Nellancholy Togy Togy Goonfire Goonfire FiveElemental FiveElemental Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead Tiguidi Tiguidi

Jace chuckled a bit understanding him."YA takozh trokhy znayu ukrayinsʹku, ale rosiysʹku plyus anhliysʹku tezh."He said to Czecho. He nodded and smirked a bit."Long Range sniper, At your service"he said with a formal bow, which was a bit odd, for a guy in a hoodie and then whispered back."Sounds great."He said. When blixt showed off his guns and Jace's Eyes sparkled."Oooh, a Handgun! I have a Gun, lemme show you!"He said with a small chuckle. His Artic Sniper rifle Appeared but he didn't aim it at anyone, but showed it off. It was a white Sniper rifle with a notable scope and the silencer isn't there, I guess he was going to use it as his big surprise in the tournament.

"Also i normally Work alone, but with a team sounds fun."he said with a sigh. Phi had leaped off of th seat that Jace was sitting next to and went to linguine and Let out a chirping sound at him indicating it wanted to play. Jace sighed and then his phone ringed, Which was playing the 1990's pokemon Theme. "Hang on one moment i gotta take a call."He said.

Roland managed to let out a small sigh as he managed to rally the players in the lounge to cooperate.

"Okay good. Step one went off without a hitch." He let his mind think as he looked at the group of players, convincing themselves or others to join the team up

As he reached a his briefcase, a sleek, black case which stayed unopened and took it from the table as he spoke.

"I wouldn't remove him even if I could." He dismissed CodeBee's command with a nonchalant tone, pausing for a moment as his tone turned more friendly. SilverFlight SilverFlight Tiguidi Tiguidi

"Yeah, I know a lot of good places to eat out, a few friendly groggerys, 居酒屋, 和食店. I'll even pay the food tab!" He casually mentioned his enticing reward with a friendly smile towards Bee.

"Course, that is, if everyone here makes it to the Final Boss." His tone turned a bit more intimidating as he presented the daunting task towards everyone in the lounge.

Roland briefly opened his briefcase, quickly slipping something into his suit, and closed it back, as he placed it into a secure locker.

"Everyone prepare yourself. It's about to begin."

Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead animegirl20 animegirl20 Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Togy Togy Nellancholy Nellancholy

8CD48C3A-EDA5-4EE5-830D-F1E935DDC920.jpegOthers in the room shared the support players’ enthusiasm about teaming up. It kept Reign’s spirits high. While sliding over and pouring himself coffee, he turned his head to Bee. “It sounds like you have a huge appetite,” he pointed out. “Don’t get me wrong! I am just as guilty. I also wanted to try authentic saké, but I’m still a few months below Japan’s drinking age...” He huffed and pouted dramatically while dumping that powdered, non-dairy creamer straight from the bottle into that vicious brew in hopes of lightening it.

“Oh! Harajuku, too!” shot out of Reign’s mouth as soon as Annie finished suggesting the Ginza District. “Window shopping, though? I must buy something while I’m here.” He then took a sip of the coffee. It wasn’t much different from Swedish coffee—stronger than espresso, but a bit weaker than tar.

The poisoner’s ears pricked up upon hearing Roland’s challenge. He’d pay the tab if they defeated the boss? Reign’s lips separated from the cup. “I’m holding you to that,” he warned, pointing at the man. With only a couple minutes left, he tested his gear, four knives materializing in the sheathes on his lower back, with the poison needle appearing in the middle of them and the two vials at his sides. A hologram with his insignia appeared on the scarf. Yeah, he was prepared.

SilverFlight SilverFlight kase9187 kase9187 FiveElemental FiveElemental

Last edited:
Jason Ortega
cc022e7f67f054e64cf1af43a3d45b9a.jpg

SilverFlight SilverFlight Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Togy Togy Goonfire Goonfire Tiguidi Tiguidi kase9187 kase9187 animegirl20 animegirl20 Nellancholy Nellancholy animegirl20 animegirl20 FiveElemental FiveElemental

Still simply standing there, he found it a bit odd that they all seemed to be in an ego contest. Each standing out in their own ways. Funny really. He was a giant, able to catch attention based solely on his size alone. 6'9" was a large size anywhere and his build only added to his presence. Couple in the fact that he was holding up Annie, a much smaller individual, with one arm like she weighed nothing and it just showed exactly how physically developed he was. He was never one to be boisterous or egotistical. He was a man of simple tastes and prefer to show his prowess in actions rather than words.

Jason listened and decided to try something. He walked with Annie to the far corner of the room. Attempting not to hurt anyone nearby. Hearing that the room was ADR accessible made him curious. He held out his hand and sighed "Equip: Devourers Great Sword." He expected his weapon to materialize exactly the way the others equipment and weapons did. However, he was a bit shocked at how it appeared. First, a small wad of flesh materialized in his hand. Rising around and slowly forming into a longer and wider shape. Moving around as though it had a mind of its own. Slowly it began to solidify into the shape that he recognized. The massive weapon fully formed as he gripped the massive handle of the almost blunt, cleaver like blade. As he gripped it, the fleshy form of the blade started to move and beat like it was a living creature. On both sides a massive, monstrous eye opened up. It's pupils darting around like a monster looking for its next meal. It was truly a beastly blade. He was a bit shocked that it summoned exactly the way it did in his old game. Maybe it was just the fact that it was from a fantasy Style game? He was the only one not using technology based gaming equipment.

It was honestly suspect as to how easy he held this sword. Yes, the ADR systems offered slight assistance when it came to physical movement with such weapons. However, this weapon was still larger than the girl he held in his other hand. By All Rights, this sword should have been impossible for a normal person to use, even with the ADR system functions. Yet, he moved and inspected the weapon with no real effort shown.

After a moment he let go of the massive blade, letting it dissipate as though it was disintegrated. He looked to the group, taking a moment to take in whatever information he could gather. He could tell immediately that they were a few that he would really need to keep an eye on. Not to mention there was a small child. That worried him a bid as this wasn't exactly a normal game. She could get hurt really easily. He took a deep breath and sighed "I don't mind going out at all, but I would prefer it not be too public. We are all competing here and it would be stupid to add fan attention to the mix of all we have going on." His voice was such a smooth tenor tone. Each word was weighted, but glided on the air like silk "We are each relatively famous in our area of expertise. People who enjoy competitive video game play will likely know at least a few of our names. It's bound to make things a bit complicated if we go out and flaunt ourselves." He then looked to Annie. He wasn't that expressive, but there was something in his eyes when he looked at her. A clear look of care and appreciation for her and who she was, whether or not she was a pain sometimes "I saw an interesting looking restaurant not far. Maybe we go get something to eat before we get busy with the tournament?"

Annie stuck out her tongue and booped Jason on the nose. "Heh, dummy, the tournament's starting soon. Plus I think it'd be more delicious as a victory meal."

She held the black box that was her weapon on her belt, clipped on as to remain hands free. A little bracer materialized on her right arm as she summoned her own gear. "So we're starting soon... Can't wait!"

NeilFace.pngLinguine hummed as Kuro answered his question. As Bee pointed out, killing random mobs to stack up points might be the way to go. Not that he wouldn’t defend himself against randoms if he got attacked in the PvP section. If anything, going on a manhunt could be good for removing some of the competition. With almost 200 players, this could be done easily without damaging the alliance Lounge 5 was making. “That makes me think.”, he started with a mumble but soon raised his voice after clearing his throat. “I think it’d be safe to assume the other lounges also made alliances with themselves so let’s be careful with that.”

The Canadian adjusted his glasses as other weapons and equipment got conjured one by one by the other players. They really couldn’t help themselves but to show off, huh? Not that he was foreign to the feeling but he’d prefer to keep his cards close to his chest for now. Was he being paranoid of the others? Maybe. It’s not like he ever teamed up with them and at the end of the day, there’d be only one winner in this tournament.

He shook the thoughts out of his head; he was being edgy again. Fame and glory, they were playing a video game, dammit. Having fun with potential new friends could be a nice reward in itself.

“... I guess it’s true that we probably won’t come here every week so going out could be nice.”, he nodded at the others’ plans for after the tournament. Japanese food was good, he couldn’t deny it. But after spending the flight eating those Pretzel crackers they gave in planes, anything would do, at this point. “Honestly, I’ll be happy if we get some takoyaki. it’s my only request.” Rising his hands behind his head and showing off a lazy smile, Linguine joined up with the others, ready for some action.

SilverFlight SilverFlight kase9187 kase9187 Mirai-chan Mirai-chan FiveElemental FiveElemental Goonfire Goonfire Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead Togy Togy animegirl20 animegirl20 Nellancholy Nellancholy

"Window shopping? Takoyaki? Sushi? Really?" Czecho said, snorting as he looked around the room. "You guys are thinking small fry here, It's Tokyo! You can get half-decent sushi anywhere, they don't make it any better here. You know what you could never get anywhere else? The Imperial fu-" Czecho nervously darted his eyes to Keila, "-frigging palace. The residence of the Japanese Imperial family for over 600 years, and it's still used by them today! How cool is that!?" Czecho, the dork, looked genuinely excited at the prospect of an hour-long tour of empty halls and inane historical facts that would only ever show up during a senior center's trivia night.

"I promised my family I'd take pictures of the place for them. And get them katanas," Czecho winced, "I'm still working on that one. I can wander Shibuya with you guys before the tour, it'll start pretty late in the evening." Hell, he was even willing to suffer through the native cuisine to hang out with the people around him. Have you seen their food? Seaweed and raw fished wrapped together and squid tentacle soup? Yeah, hard pass, he'd much rather eat out at the nearest McDonald's.

Last edited:
"You hear that everyone? Coach is paying!" Reign was going to hold him to it too. Bee added: "Yeah! No takesies backsies." She pointed at him as well, with a bright smile on her face.
Goonfire Goonfire FiveElemental FiveElemental

When Linguine asked for takoyaki Bee went to put an arm around his shoulder.
"Fear not my faithful teammate, I shan't rest until the precious takoyaki is in our hands!"
Tiguidi Tiguidi

Czecho mentioned the palace and Bee began bouncing with excitement. "Howabout tomorrow? I have no idea how late its open, and I can't go back on my promise to get 'Guine here his takoyaki."
Togy Togy

Just at that moment, the light dimmed and came back and the soft sound of a bell rang about them.
"All players, get suited up and report to the starting area in ten minutes. Repeat, all players, get suited up and head to the starting area. The game will begin in ten minutes."

Kuro looked up at the announcement ended. "It looks like we don't have anymore time for questions. The locker rooms are though those doors. Please get suited up and report to the starting platform just beyond the lounge." As he said this,the pathway lit up on the floor.

"Ooooh It's happening people! Let's go be awesome!" Bee leapt into the air and whooped, heading for the girl's locker room.
"See you on the other side!"

*~*~*

Bee slowed her breathing. The familiar pull of the suit and armour plates on her body were reassuring, comfortable. Even with Buzz powered down, she wasn't nervous. This was her world. The room they had been led to was dark, lined with a glowing purple band that highlighted the doorway. The audience wouldn't be able to see them until they stepped through.
She could hear the announcer in her earpiece, and the Japanese was echoed over the speaker system for the thousands of people that had come to see the match live. The language would be translated through earpieces she knew each person wore.
Excitement coursed through every nerve in her body. She was ready.

"And now please welcome the best players in the world, the competitors for this special Kuragi tech tournament. Give it up!"
It was time.
Bee started out at a jog. The crowd erupted as the players began pouring out. each door a different colour. The path lit up as they walked it. Only a few steps separated the stands from the arena, and Bee crossed the white-line threshold with a jump. Immediately her weapon and her skill pouch materialized on her belt, and her visor appeared over her eyes.
The audience was a lightning storm of flashes and the roar of their cheers was deafening.

The players stopped as their designated points, the members of each lounge spread thirty feet apart. The arena was so big Bee could barely see the players on the opposite end of it. The game environment had not been set yet, so all there was was a vast, flat, black area of nothing, and in it, the players stood, waving at the crowd.

When the players were all in position The announcer sounded again.
"Players! Are you ready?!"
Bee raised her gauntlet high into the air. They were ready. The countdown started at 10.
Bee took a glance around her. Giving a thumbs up to anyone who looked her way.
"Two...One." Bee counted and then, everything went dark.
The white line that marked the AdR arena lit up in a flash, and slowly, pixels trickled down, catching on shaped they were programmed to take.
The world materialized about them:

A forest. Trees towering overhead. In the distance Bee saw clearings, each clearing had a pool charged with an element. Okay, that would change the element of your weapons and shields if you walked through it.
Ahead of her there was a network of paths, and slight oddities in the trail. Possibly traps. Interesting. It looked like they'd have to be just as careful of the environment as the other players.

This was all Bee had time to take in. The buzzer sounded, and the word "Start" exploded above their heads to the raucous cheers of their fans.
Go time.
Bee shot forward, her senses sharped to a razor's edge.
"Best I can guess from the distance and obstructions, we have about twenty seconds minimum before the other players get to us. So, who wants to help me figure out some of these fun little gadgets hidden in the woods?"
To their right was a pool charged with fire element energy.
"I wonder if the trees are programmed to burn?" Bee mused out loud.

Map description

The first map is a ring around the entire arena, approximately 150m in width. Most of the area if forested, with the trees absolutely climbable, and damageable. You can bring trees down ontop of your opponents. There are traps on the trails and around the clearings. Traps include, swinging logs, tiger pits, spring-loaded platforms and whatever else you feel like adding. They will take a chunck out of your hp, but we won't count this for our players now, for reasons. There are seven major clearings. Four of the pools are elementally-charged with fire, electricity, air or earth. The other three are plain water. The elemental charging lasts for one attack and counters other elements (I'll leave this up to your imagination).

There are powerups in the form of geometric diamond shapes that glow and have a question mark floating inside them. The powerup is random and you can get creative with these, just no blue-shell level nucs.

The terrain is covered and hard to see through, making it perfect for guerilla tactics. Players with larger equipment might prefer to stay in the open close to the clearing for ease of movement. Open season on player npcs, you can write them, have them gang up on your player, or whatever, up to you, just don't wrest control of an npc that someone else made up unless they say you can.

kase9187 kase9187 Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Nellancholy Nellancholy FiveElemental FiveElemental Tiguidi Tiguidi Togy Togy Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead animegirl20 animegirl20 Goonfire Goonfire

Annie smiled and hopped out of Jason's arms. "Let's get going you big lug!" She smiles and goes into the room, suiting up for the fight. She flashed a thumbs up back at Bee. They'd destroy the competition. She had her black box on her waist and she was itching to use it.

"Only one way to find out, Bee. Dunk your weapon in it." She moved on ahead to grab a random powerup that was a bit further in... and she saw bushes rustle near her as she picked it up. She felt something coursing through her legs as someone obviously was just waiting for a high level player to walk off by themselves and get a sneaky hit in. He looked like a bad cosplay of Reign, or maybe that one ninja dude from Skul the Hero Slayer. He didn't even have time to react as she practically zipped behind him. Speed powerups, nice. She activated her black box and the exosuit came to life, forming around her and lifting her to a good eight feet tall.

"Better luck next time, Hanzo." She smirks as she immediately summons a blue hardlight shield around her right arm and just flattens him into the ground with it. The force was enough to rustle the bushes and alert everyone to the wannabe assassin's presence.

She trotted back with one less tag for her to worry about, suit reforming into her belt clip. Just to make sure it could be deployed immediately if called for. "So that twenty seconds? Might be a bit less. Some of these players might be getting speed boosts and headed straight for us. Just smashed some ninja dork."

SilverFlight SilverFlight Mirai-chan Mirai-chan Nellancholy Nellancholy FiveElemental FiveElemental Tiguidi Tiguidi Togy Togy Eccentric_Undead Eccentric_Undead animegirl20 animegirl20 Goonfire Goonfire

Czecho's digital suit began to form around him just as the game began, pixels materializing around his clothes and rapidly creating a futuristic, full-body suit. He'd taken heavy inspiration from Tron when coding his suit, as evidenced by the sleek helmet and glowing purple highlights, but had decided to add his own tastes as well, such as adding an open jacket on the chest with two shoulder holsters hidden in the jacket interior, putting padding on the arms and legs, and adding pouches and belts on his belt line.

He felt like every futuristic action hero he grew up idolizing on TV, and that was exactly why he loved the suit to bits.

"Okay, here's the plan!" Czecho yelled to the others with his voice muffled by his helmet, ducking his hands into his jacket and pulling out a pair of white, futuristic-looking pistols, "Nobody kill each other! We'll figure out the rest from there!"

The power-ups, so close yet so far, would be a death trap. Every player was going to rush the elemental buffs and the power-ups, guaranteed. It'd be a slaughter, dozens of players ganging up on each other and earning kills left and right. Going to them would be a horrible idea, an easy, sure-fire way to get eliminated quickly.

Czecho knew this.

Czecho was pretty sure everybody on his team knew this.

Czecho also didn't care.

"LEEEEERRRROOOYYYYYY" Czecho all but screamed, darting off like a bullet towards the fire element buff that he could already see at least six other players gunning for, "JENKINS!"

1646004248253.pngReign looked down at his AdR suit, which only needed the padding to be complete. ‘Guess I came over-prepared,’ he thought as he produced the padding from his satchel and secured it on his body. The bulging bag was a bit less packed.

Out in the arena, the debuff specialist was impressed with the amount of attention and care put into the map. Snapping a twig from a bush, he guessed along with Bee, "I'll bet they can. This seems to be a fully destructible environment!"

With others immediately getting into position to stalk and kill them from the shadows, Reign leapt for cover, gauging the traps in his immediate area. The gunshots and clashing of steel in the distance indicated others were already at each other's throats. He nodded, grateful for Annie, who had sniffed out an assassin.

A distinct cry overpowered the others. Czecho was already gunning it for a fire power-up like several other rivals. Plucking a green-trimmed canister of light blue substance from his belt, he hurled it with the form of a baseball pitcher. The canister burst on impact mere feet from another competitor who was running to steal the fire power-up. Said opponent didn't have enough room to stop in time, and he slipped, his feet flying up as he landed on his back.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Togy Togy

Jace Smirked and headed into the locker room ad his Digital outfit formed around him, Which was a Black and Red military Trench coat over his normal hoodie, With his user name on the Right side of his Chest. His sniper Rifle equipped on his back and his handgun On his Hip, he wore a German World War II pickelhaube on his Head. He was inspired by the military For this appearance and looked like he was ready For war.
Jace smiled a bit ready for the Games to BEgin."Game Time...."He said quietly with a Chuckle.

In his streams, he would say that, meaning his Sadistic/ Cunning Persona of himself has shown itself, and that means to be a bit wary of him, When your around him, But he does keep a promise until it's Time to fight them, But Then again, be wary, because he can twist a promise a bit, by hurting his allies.

He looked at Cezecho and smiled."I won't Kill anyone, I'll be on the high Side Taking some headshots."He said. The ORange haired Military wearing Kid took his Sniper rifle and hid, Somewhere high."Fi! Razvedchik!"He said in the high place. Phi suddenly Ran off. He looked through his scope and smirked a bit as he saw a player moving around in his vision, He knew the guy, It was a American name Xeus45, he played GTA with him sometimes."Perfect..."He said. He took The shot and sniped The player, . In the head, letting out a loud gunshot for anyone to hear, to be lured in his Trap.

Togy Togy SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
Despite all her confident bluster, there was always a certain sense of anxiety at the moment a contest began. "Hey, if you guys want to go sightseeing after this, I'm in. All that old stuff will make a great photo op." Blixt's suit felt sturdy and familiar as the environment formed around her, and as she'd promised, she deployed a bit further away from the bulk of the group, the better to avoid any crossfire and ensure they could attack from multiple angles.

"No airdrop for this one, huh?" No problem. Even with this more...archaic design, she wasn't at a disadvantage. Reaching up to her wrist, she backed against a tree as she used the direct control interface to make Helios morph into its dove form, soaring into the air to scout. If the control level wasn't restricted, she could just tell it to, but...

It didn't take long for the first set of targets to present themselves. A group of three, their suit's projections resembling something like a cross between plate armor and racing suits. They crept slowly through the underbrush, their weapons at the ready as they looked for a chance to ambush one of the other groups going for the powerups.

"Third party? Naughty naughty..." With another press on the buttons, Helios snapped to attention, diving down and zigzagging amongst the trees. The trio's armor looked durable, but that was just their aesthetic. Their real defenses were...

"Shit, drone!" Even in their surprise, their voices never raised. They trained well. Each ducking behind a different tree, they managed to get out of Helios' angle of approach. That wasn't enough to stop Helios from blasting a tiny orb of fire at each of them as it passed, before returning to its patrol pattern. As the flames exploded, they stopped short of each target's body, a glowing energy field absorbing the heat.

"Of course." Crossing her arms dramatically for the audience, Blixt pulled out her guns, the gold-plated SMGs forming again. With a command, the one in her left hand flashed purple for a split second, becoming charged with electricity. "Let's make them bleed."

In the AdR environment, acrobatics came much more easily. Blixt hopped halfway up a tree and bent her legs, kicking off and launching herself towards the enemy trio. The fact that they were mostly covered from Helios' direction meant they were fully exposed to her.

With both arms raised, Blixt fired a burst from her left gun at the one closest to her. The arcs of lightning surged forth, connecting with the shield. A sound like glass shattering filled the air as the shield overloaded, and Blixt squeezed the trigger of her other gun, the ballistic ammunition chewing through their health and bringing them down.

"One down!" That came much louder, an announcement to the audience as much as her remaining opponents as she claimed her first pennant.

"It's a flank! Form up!" Before she was even done shooting, the other two had rapidly moved to cover from Blixt's position. It'd be a bit of a problem if they pushed her from two different angles, but...

Helios' observation yielded her next opportunity. No. 3 was a little further away from her than No. 2, but they were looking to move in on her as a pincer attack. With a swipe of her hand, a knife briefly materialized on the outside of Blixt's palm before launching straight with a glowing trail. It bounced cleanly off the trunks of two trees, before sinking "harmlessly" into No. 3's arm and dematerializing shortly after.

And in the next moment, their places were switched.

"Crap! She's behind-" No. 2 didn't get to finish their sentence before Blixt cut them down just the same.

"That's it! I've got you now!" No. 3 growled as they hoisted their weapon, a particularly menacing light machine gun. Without hesitation, they pulled the trigger, the sound of large-caliber gunfire filling the forest as the bullets punched holes into the trees around Blixt. A quick glance at her right hand indicated that the gun she was holding was empty. Took about half a mag each to finish off the first two. She could take a moment to reload, or...

Sliding the two together, her weapons morphed into a shotgun. She'd have to break the shield and take them out in one strike, and to do that she'd need another flank from Helios, or maybe a little help...

Czecho let out a whoop as he saw Reign's assist lay another player flat on their back, sending an enthusiastic thumbs up towards the guy as he continued his dead sprint. As he neared, the five still standing players picked up their speed the same as him, each as deadset on getting the buff as the others. Czecho, only a few feet away at this point, used the fallen sixth player as a stepping stone to dolphin dive into the elemental buff. Hitting the dirt, Czecho slid for a few inches before his pistols began glowing a deep red. Oh, hell yeah.

Grinning from ear to ear, Czecho lifted both guns and fired a burst from each into the nearest opponent before they could get their weapon up in time. With his bullets seemingly on fire, both bursts hit their target dead center, each bullet emitting a tiny puff of flames on contact, setting the player's clothes alight.

Now, the fire wasn't real. It didn't hurt, it didn't make smoke, and it didn't destroy the player's clothing, all it did was drain their HP. But it certainly looked real, and that was enough to make them panic and run around like a chicken with their head cut off.

"Sorry!" Czecho said to the other player, completely unapologetic as he sprinted to get to cover behind a fallen log. The other players had finally begun reacting, lifting their weapons and firing at Czecho, who ducked and threw himself behind cover in turn. The four, minus the one still getting back on their feet after Reign's stunt, fired at the log he crouched behind, turning the bark into digital splinters and mercilessly finishing off the player Czecho had set ablaze.

The four ran to find cover, not harming each other. They must've teamed, just as he'd thought. As those four ran, Czecho, ever the opportunist, shot up from his cover and sent two bursts from his pistols straight into the fifth one, every bullet hitting central mass. The first burst hadn't done them in, but the fire damage quickly did, earning Czecho his first pendant.

Czecho, in that moment, remembered how in nature documentaries prey could sometimes detect a predator and run for the hills without ever knowing they were there, almost like a sixth sense. Czecho, experiencing that feeling in that moment, ducked and threw himself forward. A katana just barely missed his head, hitting air.

"Svyata Bozha maty!" Czecho yelled, rolling forward as the player behind him swiped at him again, only to run face-first into another katana wielder and be forced to roll to the side lest he risk decapitation, "NINDZYAS!" Almost running into the chest of a third one, Czecho let out a two burst from both pistols, all shots hitting at close range and the overwhelming amount of fire damage draining their HP to zero almost instantly, garnering Czecho his second pendant of the match.

Ducking just in time to avoid the original four that had rushed the elemental buff opening fire on him and the ninjas, Czecho barely managed to dodge the hail of bullets. The ninja to Czecho's right was gunned down almost instantly while the original one dressed in samurai armor that had snuck up on Czecho, in an admittedly impressive display of skill, blocked the bullets aimed his way with his katana. With a war cry that even Czecho thought was too much, they rushed towards the other players, slicing through their bullets as they ran. Cutting down one of the players in one swing, they used a second as a human shield, stole their firearm to kill a third, and threw the second into the fourth before rushing towards them both, katana raised.

Czecho, wisely deciding not to stick around long enough for the samurai to target him instead, ran into the treeline as fast as his legs could carry him. Gunfire lit up the woods just ahead of him, drawing Czecho near. A player with an LMG was unloading on Sibylla a couple of dozen yards ahead of him, a little way outside the range of his handguns. They hadn't given off the best impression, nor were they...overly friendly, but a deal was a deal and they looked like they could use a hand. Besides, they must not be that bad, right? He hoped he wasn't just being optimistic about that.

Holstering his weapons, he unholstered his dart gun from his hip, quickly rummaging around his pouch to find an electrical dart. Slotting it in, Czecho took aimed a fired the dart gun with a small, quiet 'puff'. Cackling with electricity, the electrified dart glided through the air before sticking into the gunner's back, locking up their ADR suit and making it unwieldly to use, as if to simulate muscles locking from actual electricity. The player's accuracy suffered tremendously because of it, each bullet missing Sibylla by an incredibly large margin.

Goonfire Goonfire Nellancholy Nellancholy

Last edited:
Blixt's hand raised to her wrist again, preparing to have Helios deliver a concentrated electric attack for that one-two punch, only for her concentration to be interrupted by a surge of electricity that immobilized her assailant. A split-second sweep from Helios informed her that Czecho was the only one close enough to have done that, which was not unwelcome.

The shotgun in her hands gleamed white as freezing air seeped into it, imbuing the magazine with ice. Spinning out from behind her hiding place, she loosed a blast of ice to her target's hands, freezing their weapon in place and preventing them from adjusting their aim for just long enough. Her shotgun wasn't some pump-action affair that needed to be loaded shell by shell, the semi-automatic weapon taking box mags easily. Sprinting a few steps forward, she threw herself into a slide, getting in close to hit No. 3 with another blast to the chest and another to the face, encasing them in...simulated ice.

As the squad's AdR suits unlocked, signalling their elimination, Blixt gave Czecho a little smile. "Nice work." She retrieved the third pennant, having it appear like a tiny flag on a stick in her hands. With a snap of her wrist, she threw it like a dart, letting it embed into the ground by him. "That one's yours."

"Now..." Helios rose into the air, fixing its view on the clearing Czecho had fled from. "Going to deal with Kenshi over there, or leave him for me to clean up? Either way, I'm moving."

Togy Togy

Annie grinned and her suit came to life, and some boosters activated on the back, her massive form rising in the air. Someone was coming by on the side, and she tossed down the shield, nailing their head and driving them into the dirt. Second tag.

She landed near Blixt and Czecho, her shield returning to her arm. "You two go get that pool. I'll cover you both. Who knows what advantage that might have."

Togy Togy Nellancholy Nellancholy

Czecho had half thought Blixt would try to kill him after his assist, she'd seemed pretty gung-ho about doing just that back in the lounge after all, but he was instead left pleasantly surprised when she not only thanked him, but gave up the pendant as well. He'd have refused, she had done most of the work after all, but he knew it was just for the best to accept the kindness for what it was. Clapping his hands together and giving an exaggerated bow, Czecho said "Spasybi!" before picking up the pendant.

He knew they couldn't be that bad. Maybe a little rough...

"I saw Kenshi wipe out four guys without taking a hit back there, AND they parried a couple bullets, Ronin style. He probably already has the fire element buff too, but I can give one of you a buff to counter the damage from that." Czecho looked thoughtful, turning to look back to the element pool he'd come from, hearing a single scream that was immediately cut off. "Here's what I'm thinking. Annie, you're a tank, right? I can buff you and you could take the lead while me and Blixt circle around to the sides and catch the guy in a crossfire. Can't parry two streams of bullets coming from opposite sides. You two can grab the buff to help take this guy out, and if you get hit too much, tell me and I'll heal you back to full health. Sound like a plan?"

Nellancholy Nellancholy kase9187 kase9187

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back