• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Game of Thrones: War of the Dragons

snakeg0dd

living paradox
game of thrones: the war of dragons
the song.

"From my blood comes the prince that was promised. And theirs shall be a Song of Ice and Fire."

CAUTION! SPOILERS AHEAD!

The only thing that can tear down the House of the Dragon . . . is itself. Many can recall the events of the Dance of the Dragons, a period in time when House Targaryen was at a civil war among themself. After the unfortunate death of King Viserys I, whom tried to mutter the conqueror's dream one last time, had his words mistaken—his wife, Queen Alicent, interpreting them to mean that their eldest son, Aegon II, should be crowned heir in place of the already heir, Rhaynera. Thus began the Dance—through a simple misunderstanding. Much blood was spilt and the houses, including the great ones, were torn between loyalties to the two claims made to the Iron Throne. Through tragedies and battles like Blood & Cheese, the Battle of Tumbleton, and the Battle of the Gullet, blood ran thick through the soil and water of Westeros; great, notable losses were suffered on both sides of the war through the likes of Ser Addam Velaryon, Prince Daeron Targaryen, Lord Hugh Hammer, Ser Criston Cole, Prince Jacaerys Targaryen, Prince Jaehaerys Targaryen, and extending even into the very beasts of war that the Targaryens wielded like Vermithor, Silverwing, Seasmoke, Vhagar, and Vermax. It wasn't until the Battle Above the Gods Eye that everything changed, sealing the fate of the Dance in whole. Prince Consort Daemon Targaryen and Prince Aemond Targaryen went toe-to-toe with one another at this very site—mounted on their dragons. The locals and townsfolk of Harrenhal feared that the sky was ablaze with how much dragonfire was in the sky. Shrieks and screams of the ruthless Vhagar and Caraxes the Blood Wyrm could be heard miles away; this was the penultimate battle.

Though you may know how this battle ends, this is where the story changes. Prince Daemon does indeed leap from Caraxes onto Vhagar, and lounges his sword—Dark Sister—into Aemond's eye, the hilt crashing against his skull, as Caraxes digs his jaw deeper into Vhagar's neck and all four combatant plummet downwards. However, both Caraxes and Daemon survive this encounter. Though Dark Sister is never found, not right away at least, it would remain in the murky lake where Vhagar and Aemond rest. Daemon would emerge from the lake, victorious, and make his way back to King's Landing to continue his fight for Queen Rhanerya. As for Caraxes the Blood Wyrm, he would fly south of Westeros—injured—and his last known location would go unbeknownst. Prince Daemon would make a swift effort to end the war once and for all, where he would soon voyage to Dragonstone to bind with the one and only Cannibal. After a difficult—and almost life-ending encounter with the viscious dragon— Daemon would lead one swift push against the Greens once and for all, leading to the demise of the apparent Aegon II and his co-conspirators. Rhanerya would fulfill her rise to power and name Aegon III as heir to the Iron Throne. After the war, Daemon relinquished his claim over The Cannibal dragon, who would return to his pit on Dragonstone.

The lineage and preservation of the Targaryen dynasty would remain intact, as would the survival of their dragons. Aegon III would go on to bore his known children (Daeron I, Rhaena, Elaena, Baelor I, and Daena), and as the canon events would have it, Daeron would try to conquer Dorne bringing them into the fold of the Seven Kingdoms but he would eventually be betrayed when trying to come to a negotiation talk with the Dornish; Baelor I would go on his peace walk as a means of good faith with the Dornish people and eventually starved himself to death; Viserys II would come to rule but quickly pass away, then came the rule of Aegon IV the Unruly. King Aegon was an unjust, greedy, drunken king who put the Targaryen house to shame. He spent most of his time bedding women within the Red Keep and random townswomen during his visits to the other kingdoms. Progress to make peace with the now Seventh kingdom, Dorne, was being made in-part due to the efforts of Daeron II, who would wed Myriah Martell. King Aegon, in opposition, looked to find other ways of instilling fealty to the Iron Throne—his best idea being to take his dragon, Attor, down to Dorne to burn the kingdom and the surrounding towns down. King Aegon sought to instill fear into the Dornish people as he could only understand that force and fear were the only ways to breed loyalty and fidelity. As fate from the Seven would have it, though, Aegon IV would succumb to an assassination attempt from a small, elite faction of Dornish folk who opposed Targaryen rule. On his death bed, King Aegon IV began to name and knight his bastard children, most famously Daemon Blackfyre—who adopted the surname Blackfyre after being bestowed with the King's Sword, Blackfyre. Though Daeron II would be crowned and recognized as the true king, Daemon Blackfyre saw he was more fit to be king. And so, he began his rebellion, claiming that Daeron II was a traitor to the realm and a child of incest.

Now we find ourselves caught in a new Dance, one that could spell far worse for House Targaryen, and potentially see the end to their rule. Dornish relations are worsening, there is a growing rebellion against the sitting Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and new threats are beginning to emerge across Westeros; The stakes have been drawn, and now it is made clear: only one may sit the Iron Throne and the only thing that can tear apart the house of the dragon is itself.

Hello hello hello! So this is a little project that's been in the brewing for quite some time, and I suppose I finally got the gumption to put it into words and push the idea out into the open. As you may tell, this is a retelling of Game of Thrones history and events.

This roleplay is an alternate reality to what's been published in the books by none other than George R. R. Martin, and follows the "What If..." the Blacks won instead of the Greens during the Dance of the Dragons. Most of the events that occurred, originally, during the Dance have taken place but the big change is that Daemon and Caraxes didn't die when they faced off against Aemond and Vhagar. Daemon, as stated in the little attention-grabber, went on to bind himself with the Cannibal to end the war, which was successful, and Caraxes flew South-bound (which will play into the story later on. The story itself will begin with a parley between Daemon Blackfyre and Daeron II at King's Landing, and a push of conflict will kick off the action.

The story and world of Westeros and Essos will be fully explorable, but I'd like to keep the masses together for the most part (depending on how you'll like to align your character: either with the Targaryens or the Blackfyres) so that no one will be exploring or having to write by themselves. The year will be sometime in the near beginning of 196 A.C. where the first Blackfyre rebellion began. And yes, your character doesn't have to be of Targaryen blood or even a dragon-rider (though I suspect many would like to create a character with those details in mind). Regardless, characters who belong to other houses—Great or otherwise—are welcomed, appreciated, and needed. House Stark, House Karstark, House Tyrell, Lannister, Mormont, Forrester, Tully, etc. you understand what I'm saying. I'd like to add that whomever chooses to write as Daeron II and Daemon Blackfyre I will be working with in terms of creativity and establishing the world. We three will be driving and putting together the story.

This roleplay will be, at the minimum, MODERATE where stories and side plots will take place, along with character arcs and—of course—the main story. A discord server can be created if the majority of y'all would like that, and that can be used as a sort of central hub for out-of-character chat and better character development and ideas. I foresee character deaths occurring as well, and grueling content to be written, just serving as a warning. If you want to opt out of potential character deaths, just include that in your character sheet.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread or via PM!

‣ This roleplay is going to have a Mature rating, with gruesome details and strong topics to be suggested or written, so be advised.
‣ This roleplay will NOT be first come first serve, everyone must apply in order to be accepted into the roleplay
‣ Realistic face claims are encouraged, but drawings and art are welcomed too! This is a creative space after all!
‣ I currently have no limit on characters, HOWEVER, you must make sure to balance them with alliances, other members of your House, ownings, etc.
‣ Canon characters will exist in the universe, obviously, and you can apply for them if you so choose, or you can replace them with your own version. But original characters are also encouraged!
‣ If your character is accepted you will receive a PM from me which will notify you.
‣ A balance between the two parties is a must and, based upon interest I will adjust the participants if need be.
‣ Character deaths are allowed and encouraged when you have more characters. Please consult me first if you are planning to kill off a character so we can make it work!
‣ This is an ADVANCED roleplay and needs to be treated as such. I'm expecting at least three paragraphs per in-character response and one in-character post per week unless you have arranged something with me regarding posting.
‣ The main plot most likely will move slower than side plots, meaning you should try and be active within the roleplay's server so you do not miss out on bonus content
‣ Magic is still a part of this writing and world, and as such you may wield it but be cautious and aware of the type of magic being performed. An over-powered act will not be allowed.
‣ There is ZERO tolerance for bullying or harassment within this roleplay and you will be removed if it occurs
‣ All of RPN's rules will apply and be respected!
coded by social (inspo cred to angcolor)

"From my blood comes the prince that was promised. And theirs shall be a Song of Ice and Fire."

CAUTION! SPOILERS AHEAD!

The only thing that can tear down the House of the Dragon . . . is itself. Many can recall the events of the Dance of the Dragons, a period in time when House Targaryen was at a civil war among themself. After the unfortunate death of King Viserys I, whom tried to mutter the conqueror's dream one last time, had his words mistaken—his wife, Queen Alicent, interpreting them to mean that their eldest son, Aegon II, should be crowned heir in place of the already heir, Rhaynera. Thus began the Dance—through a simple misunderstanding. Much blood was spilt and the houses, including the great ones, were torn between loyalties to the two claims made to the Iron Throne. Through tragedies and battles like Blood & Cheese, the Battle of Tumbleton, and the Battle of the Gullet, blood ran thick through the soil and water of Westeros; great, notable losses were suffered on both sides of the war through the likes of Ser Addam Velaryon, Prince Daeron Targaryen, Lord Hugh Hammer, Ser Criston Cole, Prince Jacaerys Targaryen, Prince Jaehaerys Targaryen, and extending even into the very beasts of war that the Targaryens wielded like Vermithor, Silverwing, Seasmoke, Vhagar, and Vermax. It wasn't until the Battle Above the Gods Eye that everything changed, sealing the fate of the Dance in whole. Prince Consort Daemon Targaryen and Prince Aemond Targaryen went toe-to-toe with one another at this very site—mounted on their dragons. The locals and townsfolk of Harrenhal feared that the sky was ablaze with how much dragonfire was in the sky. Shrieks and screams of the ruthless Vhagar and Caraxes the Blood Wyrm could be heard miles away; this was the penultimate battle.

Though you may know how this battle ends, this is where the story changes. Prince Daemon does indeed leap from Caraxes onto Vhagar, and lounges his sword—Dark Sister—into Aemond's eye, the hilt crashing against his skull, as Caraxes digs his jaw deeper into Vhagar's neck and all four combatant plummet downwards. However, both Caraxes and Daemon survive this encounter. Though Dark Sister is never found, not right away at least, it would remain in the murky lake where Vhagar and Aemond rest. Daemon would emerge from the lake, victorious, and make his way back to King's Landing to continue his fight for Queen Rhanerya. As for Caraxes the Blood Wyrm, he would fly south of Westeros—injured—and his last known location would go unbeknownst. Prince Daemon would make a swift effort to end the war once and for all, where he would soon voyage to Dragonstone to bind with the one and only Cannibal. After a difficult—and almost life-ending encounter with the viscious dragon— Daemon would lead one swift push against the Greens once and for all, leading to the demise of the apparent Aegon II and his co-conspirators. Rhanerya would fulfill her rise to power and name Aegon III as heir to the Iron Throne. After the war, Daemon relinquished his claim over The Cannibal dragon, who would return to his pit on Dragonstone.

The lineage and preservation of the Targaryen dynasty would remain intact, as would the survival of their dragons. Aegon III would go on to bore his known children (Daeron I, Rhaena, Elaena, Baelor I, and Daena), and as the canon events would have it, Daeron would try to conquer Dorne bringing them into the fold of the Seven Kingdoms but he would eventually be betrayed when trying to come to a negotiation talk with the Dornish; Baelor I would go on his peace walk as a means of good faith with the Dornish people and eventually starved himself to death; Viserys II would come to rule but quickly pass away, then came the rule of Aegon IV the Unruly. King Aegon was an unjust, greedy, drunken king who put the Targaryen house to shame. He spent most of his time bedding women within the Red Keep and random townswomen during his visits to the other kingdoms. Progress to make peace with the now Seventh kingdom, Dorne, was being made in-part due to the efforts of Daeron II, who would wed Myriah Martell. King Aegon, in opposition, looked to find other ways of instilling fealty to the Iron Throne—his best idea being to take his dragon, Attor, down to Dorne to burn the kingdom and the surrounding towns down. King Aegon sought to instill fear into the Dornish people as he could only understand that force and fear were the only ways to breed loyalty and fidelity. As fate from the Seven would have it, though, Aegon IV would succumb to an assassination attempt from a small, elite faction of Dornish folk who opposed Targaryen rule. On his death bed, King Aegon IV began to name and knight his bastard children, most famously Daemon Blackfyre—who adopted the surname Blackfyre after being bestowed with the King's Sword, Blackfyre. Though Daeron II would be crowned and recognized as the true king, Daemon Blackfyre saw he was more fit to be king. And so, he began his rebellion, claiming that Daeron II was a traitor to the realm and a child of incest.

Now we find ourselves caught in a new Dance, one that could spell far worse for House Targaryen, and potentially see the end to their rule. Dornish relations are worsening, there is a growing rebellion against the sitting Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and new threats are beginning to emerge across Westeros; The stakes have been drawn, and now it is made clear: only one may sit the Iron Throne and the only thing that can tear apart the house of the dragon is itself.

Hello hello hello! So this is a little project that's been in the brewing for quite some time, and I suppose I finally got the gumption to put it into words and push the idea out into the open. As you may tell, this is a retelling of Game of Thrones history and events.

This roleplay is an alternate reality to what's been published in the books by none other than George R. R. Martin, and follows the "What If..." the Blacks won instead of the Greens during the Dance of the Dragons. Most of the events that occurred, originally, during the Dance have taken place but the big change is that Daemon and Caraxes didn't die when they faced off against Aemond and Vhagar. Daemon, as stated in the little attention-grabber, went on to bind himself with the Cannibal to end the war, which was successful, and Caraxes flew South-bound (which will play into the story later on. The story itself will begin with a parley between Daemon Blackfyre and Daeron II at King's Landing, and a push of conflict will kick off the action.

The story and world of Westeros and Essos will be fully explorable, but I'd like to keep the masses together for the most part (depending on how you'll like to align your character: either with the Targaryens or the Blackfyres) so that no one will be exploring or having to write by themselves. The year will be sometime in the near beginning of 196 A.C. where the first Blackfyre rebellion began. And yes, your character doesn't have to be of Targaryen blood or even a dragon-rider (though I suspect many would like to create a character with those details in mind). Regardless, characters who belong to other houses—Great or otherwise—are welcomed, appreciated, and needed. House Stark, House Karstark, House Tyrell, Lannister, Mormont, Forrester, Tully, etc. you understand what I'm saying. I'd like to add that whomever chooses to write as Daeron II and Daemon Blackfyre I will be working with in terms of creativity and establishing the world. We three will be driving and putting together the story.

This roleplay will be, at the minimum, MODERATE where stories and side plots will take place, along with character arcs and—of course—the main story. A discord server can be created if the majority of y'all would like that, and that can be used as a sort of central hub for out-of-character chat and better character development and ideas. I foresee character deaths occurring as well, and grueling content to be written, just serving as a warning. If you want to opt out of potential character deaths, just include that in your character sheet.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask them in this thread or via PM!

‣ This roleplay is going to have a Mature rating, with gruesome details and strong topics to be suggested or written, so be advised.
‣ This roleplay will NOT be first come first serve, everyone must apply in order to be accepted into the roleplay
‣ Realistic face claims are encouraged, but drawings and art are welcomed too! This is a creative space after all!
‣ I currently have no limit on characters, HOWEVER, you must make sure to balance them with alliances, other members of your House, ownings, etc.
‣ Canon characters will exist in the universe, obviously, and you can apply for them if you so choose, or you can replace them with your own version. But original characters are also encouraged!
‣ If your character is accepted you will receive a PM from me which will notify you.
‣ A balance between the two parties is a must and, based upon interest I will adjust the participants if need be.
‣ Character deaths are allowed and encouraged when you have more characters. Please consult me first if you are planning to kill off a character so we can make it work!
‣ This is an ADVANCED roleplay and needs to be treated as such. I'm expecting at least three paragraphs per in-character response and one in-character post per week unless you have arranged something with me regarding posting.
‣ The main plot most likely will move slower than side plots, meaning you should try and be active within the roleplay's server so you do not miss out on bonus content
‣ Magic is still a part of this writing and world, and as such you may wield it but be cautious and aware of the type of magic being performed. An over-powered act will not be allowed.
‣ There is ZERO tolerance for bullying or harassment within this roleplay and you will be removed if it occurs
‣ All of RPN's rules will apply and be respected!

Last edited:
Would love to participate but I haven't read the books enough to know how House of the Dragon ends, maybe slap a spoiler warning on this? Just glanced a bit of info in your description that told me way more than I wanted to about the fate of a major character.

Best of luck with getting this off the ground though!

Would love to participate but I haven't read the books enough to know how House of the Dragon ends, maybe slap a spoiler warning on this? Just glanced a bit of info in your description that told me way more than I wanted to about the fate of a major character.

Best of luck with getting this off the ground though!
thank you for letting me know, fixing that now

Would LOVE to participate with a young Stark lord and some sort of female Targaryen royalty/dragon rider? I haven’t read the books but AVIDLY watch the show and don’t mind spoilers at all!

I have some interest in this idea. Could make a merc or a guard type of character, do some coin grabbing/battle stories.

Still interested!
Uhh, I doubt I am great at playing the Targs? But I might be able to snatch a canon. We'll see.
Hey! Still interested!
I am very interested in applying!
I love this! Yes absolutely
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!
Hey y'all. So sorry for the absence, I've just been having some personal stuff going on and trying to sort through that (stereotypical response, I know, I apologizzzzzeeee). But, I am working still on things—by bits and pieces. It's just going to be a slow start right now, but thank you all for your patience with me while I try to get this motor turning!!

Hey y'all. So sorry for the absence, I've just been having some personal stuff going on and trying to sort through that (stereotypical response, I know, I apologizzzzzeeee). But, I am working still on things—by bits and pieces. It's just going to be a slow start right now, but thank you all for your patience with me while I try to get this motor turning!!

It's all good. Thank you for checking in to let us know how you're doing. Best of luck with sorting everything!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back