• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Game of Thrones: House Harper a tale of fate

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Same here, working on post currently. Gonna add a lil teeny bit more spice to the mix I think 😈😈

Also, general query here: I know in the TV show differenr regions of Westeros had kind of varied accents. Well. sort of anyway. The North was full of the biggest collection of vaguely Yorkshire sounding men i’ve ever heard and everywhere south of that was just sort of roundabout posh pronunciation give or take.

But does anyone know if people from certain ares have particular accents 🤔🤔

Same here, working on post currently. Gonna add a lil teeny bit more spice to the mix I think 😈😈

Also, general query here: I know in the TV show differenr regions of Westeros had kind of varied accents. Well. sort of anyway. The North was full of the biggest collection of vaguely Yorkshire sounding men i’ve ever heard and everywhere south of that was just sort of roundabout posh pronunciation give or take.

But does anyone know if people from certain ares have particular accents 🤔🤔
It is stated by Tywin in the books that at the very least, the Westerlands has a distinct accent, but it's never brought up again. I read a forum about the topic, and found these possible accent's for different areas:

Riverlands: Lancashire

Dorne: Spanish

The North: Scottish

The Neck: Welsh

Braavos: Italian

Omg no way!! Wherabouts are the Harpers neck of the woods again??

I believe they're close to the Neck. The Harper's hate the Frey's and vice versa because the former offers a cheaper alternative to getting into the Neck.

Yes! Oh my god, Welsh or Lancashire, I am in for a win here haha. Be nice to write in a mother tongue as well as speak it all the time!

I never knew people from the North were meant to be vaguely Scottish sounding, I suppose it makes sense though.

We are actually in the Central Riverlands
Ah, right. Forgot about that, hehe.

Yes! Oh my god, Welsh or Lancashire, I am in for a win here haha. Be nice to write in a mother tongue as well as speak it all the time!

I never knew people from the North were meant to be vaguely Scottish sounding, I suppose it makes sense though.
I always imagined Northerner's to speak with a Scottish accent, since a lot of their culture is heavily based off of Celtic cultures.

Obsidian Obsidian You sure you can't edit your post to have him at least wait for Hugh to draw steel before attacking him? I mean at the very least you might be able to avoid a murder charge in that case. Right now it's looking like Execution or Banishment and its a bit early in the campaign for that.

could be good character development for Arren tho I suppose? 🤔🤔

Cause like, even if he somehow managed to get away scott free after a lengthy trial or what have you, imagine the burden thats going to put on him for the rest of his life. Not to mention what it’ll do to his reputation.

They’ll be cause to seek redemption too

could be good character development for Arren tho I suppose? 🤔🤔

Cause like, even if he somehow managed to get away scott free after a lengthy trial or what have you, imagine the burden thats going to put on him for the rest of his life. Not to mention what it’ll do to his reputation.

They’ll be cause to seek redemption too
I think it's an interesting direction as well. For one, Arren will probably never forgive himself, or even Rylen for this, and Rylen will never really be able to move on from this. His mistake led to an innocent man's unjust death. Plus, a trial where the Harper's try to prove Arren's innocence despite him actually doing it would be really interesting, especially if they don't actually know he did it.

I think it's an interesting direction as well. For one, Arren will probably never forgive himself, or even Rylen for this, and Rylen will never really be able to move on from this. His mistake led to an innocent man's unjust death. Plus, a trial where the Harper's try to prove Arren's innocence despite him actually doing it would be really interesting, especially if they don't actually know he did it.
Yes but he did it in full witness of the entire Tourney and is the son of a very minor house. There is no way he's getting away with this unless we can back up the pretense of a Duel. Kind of hard to do if only one of them had his sword out.

Yes but he did it in full witness of the entire Tourney and is the son of a very minor house. There is no way he's getting away with this unless we can back up the pretense of a Duel. Kind of hard to do if only one of them had his sword out.
We could always do a Trial by Combat.

They are like. Posh rich lords though. They usually get away with quite a lot dont they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back