• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Game Of Thrones: Family Ties

Should the house be Valyrian

• yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Characters
Here
Characters Thread is up! I've started work on the princes, hopefull yo have them up tomorrow. I dont think well need a sheet for Jaehaerys as were starting the rp with his death.

The pages for the princes will be up tonight, unfortunately I did not get to finish them before work. I'm thinking of leaving the princess as a possible player character as she could potentially joining the family.

I fully agree with that. For such a potentially influential role, leaving it open to players is a good idea.

On that note, would it be better with the Lady of the House being NPC’d if the player doesn’t show, or have Alestyr as a widower, so that if another player wants to join up down the line, they’re not necessarily stepping into the middle of an NPC narrative? Possibly evil step-mother arc?

Tahiti Tahiti did confirm that they are still able and intend to take the role of lady of the house. It was just a mishap with notifications. So you guys can establish your relationship whether it be purely political, somewhat genuine, or a downright nightmare StormWolf StormWolf

I've come up with a little storyline that involves our house but is mostly just background. I've already kind of mentioned Dorne being brought into the kingdom already, which is 60+ years before the Daeron's "conquest" of dorne. The way the this happened was basically, most through a long list of marriage alliances throughout the crownlands including
Targaryen and Martell
Thaerion and Dayne
Celtigar and Blackmont
Valaryon and Yronwood

Also, Jaehaerys first wife gave him no children. When she eventually died to (undetermined) he married the princes mother, an Arryn. All the pre rp history will be going on the lore thread, which is my next goal. That where we can start posting our historical events and history that we come up with.

Lore thread will be going up in a bit, once I get the synopsis of Jaehaerys reign finished.
I do want to start the actual rp soon, as we can develop the lore and back ground as we start the rp. I do want a few more character sheets posted before starting an OOC. I'm pretty sure there are a few people who are still trying to find a role.

I also have a few more discussion questions:
Does our house (or any specific members) seek the throne?

Being a naval based household, weve got to have some kind of Admiral/captain in the family, so does anyone think they could work that into their character?

(Just lore stuff, but we we should also have a flagship, so if anyone can think of a name for that)

Is the house religious in any way? Perhaps they practice old valyrian ways?

Also, aside from gaining the Dunfort, fo we have any other idea for interesting house history? Perhaps theres a reason no one in the family currently is a dragon rider?

I'd like to hear more ideas from everyone, whatever they may be, as I want this to feel like a collaborative project.

I don't think there is a single boy or girl in the Kingdoms that hasn't dreamed of being on the Iron Throne. However, Alestyr wouldn't so much want to sit the throne so much as pluck the strings of the marionette wearing the crown. Throne and crown draw too much attention of a rotten sort. This ambition would be something closely guarded, likely only confided to his wife.

I agree that a naval equivalent of a Master-at-Arms would make sense for a position of influence.

Ship Name Ideas: Cantankerous, Sea Wolf, Tigershark, Dawnchaser, Ashen Wake

Alestyr isn't particularly religious, but given the house history and their location on the map, I'd say Old Valyrian or the Seven. Alestyr would likely only really take issue with the Cult of Light, since they practice foulest sorcery.

Dragons and dragon riders mark an apex of power in GoT (and pretty much any fantasy setting). A dragon would be something a Lord of a Realm would possess if they are in the King's best graces. While House Thaerion might be well-liked (or not, I'm not sure), they aren't high enough on the ladder for such a mighty boon.

I like Sea Wolf for the flagship name. Rylen wouldn't want to get on the throne, or really get involved with court intrigue. He'd probably be a follower of the Seven, as he did spend time being a squire.

Sea Wolf is a good name. I could make Florian a navy kind of guy. Loves the ocean with a passion, loves sailing and is good at it. So if you need that kind of figure, he could do it. He might be more sympathetic to the Old Gods of Valyria, studies them a lot, but at last publicly he follows the Seven.

Hello everyone. I’ll be joining the roleplay so I thought I’d come introduce myself. Most people just call me Lady, but I’m open to nicknames and all that. Also, I will be creating a mentor character for the roleplay.

Thank you, StormWolf. I was wondering what kind of subjects would Lord Thaerion require the mentor to teach?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back