• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Game Of Thrones: Family Ties

Should the house be Valyrian

• yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Characters
Here
Updated the first post with a set list options for the names, if there still isnt a favorite or front runner by tomorrow I'll just set a surname.

Due to the lack of response, I'm guessing weve lost our lady of the house, so I'm making her origin house Reyne, and if we find someone to take the character, great, if not we can npc her.

I've also decided the Darklyns will be a rival house as well, as we now hold their seat. I've yet to come up with how our house took the Dun Fort from the Darklyns. We could just say it was awarded to them in Aegon's conquest, but I think it'd be better if we made it a more recent event, like our current lord or his father is the one who took their seat.

Updated the first post with a set list options for the names, if there still isnt a favorite or front runner by tomorrow I'll just set a surname.

Due to the lack of response, I'm guessing weve lost our lady of the house, so I'm making her origin house Reyne, and if we find someone to take the character, great, if not we can npc her.

I've also decided the Darklyns will be a rival house as well, as we now hold their seat. I've yet to come up with how our house took the Dun Fort from the Darklyns. We could just say it was awarded to them in Aegon's conquest, but I think it'd be better if we made it a more recent event, like our current lord or his father is the one who took their seat.

Could of been a Faith Militant thing? They continued to support a sect of the Faith Militant that refused to lay down it's arms under King Jae and some kind of stand off happened, kinda like what happened with the Mad King which led to them losing the Dun Fort but King Jae not being a tyrant like Aery's didn't completely destroy the house but let them basically be landed knights sworn to our new house? There Lord being sent to the Wall? Not a lot of love there between our houses. We could of gotten the land by helping in this scenario, stopping them from doing whatever they were doing.

I vote Harbane as our house name. Azure and maroon field, silver sea serpent as our house sigil. "Storms Break Before US" would be my vote for motto.

I would vote Thaerion for the House name and I am fine with whatever for the sigil. Out of motto's I am in favour of either Victory. Vigilance. Sacrifice or Storms Break Before Us

I vote Harbane as our house name. Azure and maroon field, silver sea serpent as our house sigil. "Storms Break Before US" would be my vote for motto.
So House Thaerion it is. You can make the heraldry, though it isnt required. I dont have any paint/photoshop skills.

I had a thought about the Princess' husband getting assassinated by one of her brothers, and she ends up getting engaged to our second son. Making us a possible 4th party with Manderly and Reyne Support. Or we can just join one of the princes lord supports. It's still up in the air

So House Thaerion it is. You can make the heraldry, though it isnt required. I dont have any paint/photoshop skills.

I had a thought about the Princess' husband getting assassinated by one of her brothers, and she ends up getting engaged to our second son. Making us a possible 4th party with Manderly and Reyne Support. Or we can just join one of the princes lord supports. It's still up in the air

Would be an interest arc, considering my guy might not be that into it. That's if no one objects to it, that is.

*gayness intensifies* But yeah! I'd be okay with that.

Lol, it should be interesting. Not every second son from a relatively minor house compared to some gets the match of a Princess.....then *ahem* bats for the other team. I think he will have a few Daeron aspects but he is gonna be very reserved, quiet and contemplative. Useless with a sword, great with a quill kinda guy. So being thrust onto the political scene with a betrothal to a Princess will knock him down a bit as it's the opposite of a life he wanted.

Thanks. He just wants the family to come out of whatever is gonna go down in tact! Worries about getting involved at all in the affairs of the realm because of what it can bring. Everyone needs to say safe.

Not sure how his relationship with the family is. I shall wait and see I suppose, depends on how they view him and vice versa.

So thinking more on the Princess plot line, I'm picturing the whole relationship as a farse, similar to Tyrion and Sansa. One of the brothers fears his sister's ties with dorne and has her husband killed, and she is brought back to kingslanding. When the idea is proposed to the Lord Alestyr, he realizes it's his opportunity to save a battered girl from a dangerous family. Maybe the marriage goes through, but this is still far away for what I planned. But yea, that's kind of my vision for that.

I'll have a characters page up sometime tomorrow.

I'm still messing around with the where all of the smaller families fall in the political parties, so if you guys have any ideas about that, it's open for discussion.

Though I do want this rp to be centered around our family, I do want the other characters to feel important, so I'll be doing sheets for the King and Princes, and Lords of Major Houses. If you guys would like to make any of those just say so.

So I'd also like to begin discussing my plans for the rp so far. Each Prince is gonna have his downfall, and none of them end up being fit for king. So the next big question I want to bring up, what kind of role does our family play in the coming conflict? Do we remain neutral until forcibly brought into the fold or do we immeadiately pick a side after Jaehaerys death? I know picking a side involves knowing what each prince stands for/represents but that's also something I want to leave up to the group. A Joffery like prince could be a solid choice, but a character like that would not have the forced support needed to survive in this situation, like Joffery did.

Last edited:
The way Alestyr is presently, he’s more along the lines of Lawful, willing to do monstrous things to maintain peace, order, and the word of law. He would vehemently oppose a flippant pubescent noddle on the throne.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back