• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Game Of Thrones: Family Ties

Should the house be Valyrian

• yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Characters
Here

AnthraxBurrito

Omnipotent Burro
Here we can discuss all the ideas we want to see in the Rp!
So first set of questions for everyone to answer:

What is the House name?
Thaerion

Who are our allies?
House Manderly
House Reyne
House Dayne

Who are our Rivals?
The Greyjoys
The Darklyns

Where is our seat?
The Dunfort at Duskendale

Prince Lucaerys Supporters:
House Celtigar
House Lannister
House Greyjoy
House Bracken
House Bolton
House Redwyne

Prince Vhaegar's Supporters:
House Velaryon
House Stark
House Tully
House Connington
House Crakehall
House Hightower

Prince Daemond's Supporters:
House Baratheon
House Tyrell
House Blackwood
House Drumm
House Darklyn
Mercenary Party

Name:
Appearance: Either a picture or a detailed paragraph describing your character or both
Personality: A few specific traits that define your character
Relationships: Mentors, Friends, Allies, Enemeies, Personal Guard, Etc.
Personal History: Events that helped shape your characters morals.
Items/Equipment: On a normal day to day basis anything your character would almost always have on them i.e. a pendant, dagger, emergency gold pouch

Last edited:
I say sea dragon for heraldry and a house a la velaryon, based on maritime stuff. No idea about names or dragons doe.

well, that depends on a variety of factors. Is this an open engagement, or is it secret? Is there actual chemistry, or is it purely political? I might be playing the House patriarch, but I don't want to lock down a fellow player in something they're going to find unpleasant without hashing it out first.

My first thought would be Dorne for trade and more coastal monopoly (if we are going sea-faring). I'd vote North, Stormlands, or Reach for House location, in that order or preference.

I'm thinking a little bit of both. They were arranged at an early age, but they have a lot of genuine care for one another. Dorne would be fine with me, as I have a love of Dorne. Especially the Daynes.

Works for me if it works for you! Also, all that Dornish dowry? Silks, spices, gold and swift horses? Mmmyaaas please!

Yus! And North would be fine with me. I'm quite experienced with playing Northerners. If they're of Varylian blood, maybe the story is that their House is the result of the marriage between an Andal House and a House of the First Men?

Yus! And North would be fine with me. I'm quite experienced with playing Northerners. If they're of Varylian blood, maybe the story is that their House is the result of the marriage between an Andal House and a House of the First Men?
I could get behind that. It mirrors the "of worlds apart" narrative between your character and the Dornish betrothed. That is, if the GM is cool with it.

Indeed. I'm a huge fan of off couple's. My character would be the ideal heir: polite, loyal, and traditional, while his Dornish betrothed would be, well, Dornish. Strong, independent, and feisty.

A great deal of my character depends on the general flavor of the House everyone more-or-less settles on. I know he's definitely going to be a stern warhawk type with a bit of chilly temper to him. Probably mellowed a bit after the Greyjoy rebellions and becoming a father, now all the chaos in the Realms is demanding his worse natures to be rekindled. If I'm permitted my weapon of station, I already know the name of my valyrian sword is going to be Krakendoom for obvious reasons.

Glad to see this took off at work! So from what I saw, everyone is pretty much on board with being a coastal/seafaring house, similar to the Velaryons.
If anyone has any photoshop/art skills perhaps we could have an actual design for the heraldry.
As for Location, I was thinking Duskendale for seat of the house, as this allows for us to be directly involved in the thick of all the politics, and it is a major port in Blackwater Bay.
As for rivals/allies, The ironborn would make great rivals, so perhaps having them in the opposing party vying for the throne would be the best route.
I was also thinking, the Lord of the House could have a Manderly mother or something if we want ties to the north as well.
I'll get more detailed ideas up shortly for us to discuss.
I think were all unanimous in dragons being around, but not available to our house right away.

I’ll take a crack at the heraldry once everyone has cast their vote on the matter. And I’m all for the heirs of the House having a salty Scottish nan. It would fit my idea for the Lord of the House quite nicely!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back