• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Game Of Thrones: Family Ties

Should the house be Valyrian

• yes

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • no

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Characters
Here
I’ll take a crack at the heraldry once everyone has cast their vote on the matter. And I’m all for the heirs of the House having a salty Scottish nan. It would fit my idea for the Lord of the House quite nicely!
Lineage of your character is up to you entirely, I'm glad you like the suggestion tho! I'll get a poll up on the Heraldry, but from what I saw its between a Griffin or some kind of Sea Serpent/Dragon. Unless any other suggestions are out there I'm just going to make it between those 2 options.

I've yet to figure out how to change the poll at the top of the thread or make this post into thread, so I'll leave the heraldry up for discussion, though I do want to throw in my two cents.
If the house is going to be a Naval power the banner should definitely represent that. While Dragons make sense for the time, they aren't really known for being Sea based. But to keep with that theme, but to also compete with the Kracken Banners of the Ironborn, why not go for a sea monster like Nessie. My idea is our family has some legend about the "Beast of the Blackwater" or something along those lines, and the Banner uses that signature Nessie silhouette. That's my pitch for the banner anyways.

As for the story, I've been brainstorming on the divisions throughout Westeros and here's what I have so far;
Visery's leaves behind three sons. All of the same mother, all the same age... because they're triplets. Each son is married to a different great house, as well as having uncles, cousins, and other minor houses filling out each side. The mother would still be of house Arryn so I've yet to decide where they fall but as for the rest:
The first Son marries the Daughter of a Lannister/Greyjoy Alliance
The Second Son marries a Stark, who are also aligned with the Tullys
The Third son marries a Tyrell, and betrothed his first born son to the Baratheons.
And lastly the lone Targaryen princess marries the prince of Dorne to secure borders, so each brother will be fighting for her support.

That leaves Dorne, The Crownlands, and the Vale undecided.

Edit: For point of reference, I'm thinking 101 AC as it was around this time the first Council was called to decide the actual inheritance problem with the Death of Jaehaerys. Start of this rp could be our Lord getting a raven requesting his presence on said council. This would make the political parties look for our houses support. This would completely erase anything after the 50+ years of peace and prosperity brought about by his reign, so we'd be at peak dragon population.

Last edited:
So that’d narrow the present options to sea serpent for the mythic beast, or heron for the more grounded.

And I’m all for alternate timeline fun, but if the opening bit with the First Council is done, it should probably be covered in a post or two so those characters not born yet aren’t locked out of posting. I would gladly co-post a chunk for the opening post with you, Burrito. Unless you’re thinking of having the RP take place in that era, then never mind!

Edit: If I may suggest dragons not being too numerous? Provide tensions for a draconian arms race on top of more convention means of fighting and politicking ones way around the war-torn regions of Westeros.

Last edited:
The council would be a side part of the intended goal. The family will have already been an established house at the start of the rp. So it would just be you who gets summoned to kings landing, giving a few people a couple things to do. We can have your sibling accompany you to KL, your heir will need to step up and take the reigns in your absence. This would just leave your wife and second child without guidance, but I've got something for them, I'm just kind of waiting to see what family the mother comes from.

I think the number of dragons in the world will be irrelevant to us so long as we don't bring them into the rp. One of the reasons I was thinking of having the events of the rp take place so early is so we can have that long build up to the conflict. The first few months will be the parties dividing and trying to garner more support. I only intend to use the dragons as a world building tool, like maybe Storms End gets burned to ground by a show of force. Our interaction with the Dragons will be very little to none at all, at least until weve joined a side.

Of course I want to run this rp as a group collective making decisions together so if any of that isnt groovy with everyone, please dont hesitate to interject and suggest a different idea.

Edit: I do agree, the Dragons should be used sparingly as it becomes less impactful if they're used in every instance. I picture the majority of the conflict being fought by soldiers.

Alright, that sounds solid.
This will require some input from the player taking the Lady of the House, but I'm guessing if the Lord and Lady had more than the two heirs being played, they would just be lumped in with NPCs and the like?

And if my character is permitted a heriloom weapon, I think I've settled on a valyrian falchion/messer type blade.

I'm planning my character's arc to be about him starting to think for himself, and actually become a good leader. It would start when the Lord leaves for King's Landing, with him being a bit of a pushover at first.

Alright, that sounds solid.
This will require some input from the player taking the Lady of the House, but I'm guessing if the Lord and Lady had more than the two heirs being played, they would just be lumped in with NPCs and the like?

And if my character is permitted a heriloom weapon, I think I've settled on a valyrian falchion/messer type blade.
I'm not against their being more children, but I would definitely want to have to those characters established before we start. I just dont want halfway through the rp suddenly there was a previously unmentioned child. Keep in mind though, if both our player children are going to be 18-20 try and keep the other children in same age range, somewhere in there teens.

Valyrian steel weapon is fine for the heirloom but that does Segway into my next point. Since the family is going to have some Valyrian blood, are we going to say they're a Cadet house of the Targaryens or they trace their roots back to old Valyria and the followed the Targs across the narrow sea?

Of course, that's why I'm asking, so all the ducks are in a row.

I'd say Old Valyrian origin? Being a marine House, there could always be a chance we sail and find the ruins of our forebears. Along the lines of what Rusty said, it'd make us more of a political grey area, especially if ancestors interbred with the first men, then there's that "of two worlds" meta going for us.

Exactly! We could say that as they bred with the First Men, they eventually adopted a new House name (hence why they may not have a Valyrian House name.)
Also, StormWolf StormWolf , I want to run this face claim by you. I want there to be symmetry between my character's appearance and your's.
9a1dc48bb23c01456be216254f5b2523.jpg

So I want to start the lore page, so we can start posting and updating. I'll also be dropping character sheets soon, though personality and appearance are really what you'll be focusing on. Family history is something I want the group to establish, though personal events your characters experiences are still up to you. I think we should pick a surname first thing though, as we still need a name for this family.

Also, is it okay if my character and his betrothed are having their wedding soon? Like, maybe a month or so away?
I mean... this is exactly why I wanted the children to be 18+ as I wanted them to be married/engaged.
Do you have a preference on house in which your wife comes from? Because I think it would be most interesting if each family member has ties to a different side in the war.

That's up to your character development, just keep in mind we'll be starting at Duskendale with the whole family together. So maybe he spent his early teens as a squire?

That's what I was thinking. He spent a few years in Dorne, mainly to get to know his betrothed a little better, as well as learning swordplay and the like.

Tahiti Tahiti do you have a specific family you'd like your character to have been from? Can I suggest someone from the Reach/Stormlands? I was also thinking House Reyne could be cool, as that adds another layer to the rivalry we want to build with the Greyjoys. If they aligned with the Lannister the obvious thing for the previous lord to do would to be to align with the Lannister's rivals, hints the Starks(well he married their ally) and the Reynes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back