• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Game Addicts and the Real World [Always Open]

Eccentric_Undead

Oddity is the mother of creation. Be weird.
Terra Maxima was born to be the greatest game ever created. A free to play game with the most creativity ever seen. You are not limited on classes, races, weapons or anything else. You are free to create as you see fit and make a character that truly epitomizes who You are. Unique skills can be created by players, dungeons as far as the eye can see and virtually no end to new content. The massive open world had no levels, no set quests or anything that a normal game would have. According to the devs, this game was created to be the most freeing experience anyone had ever created. The game was a massive hit. Millions of players worldwide, all coexisting in a massive world full of fantasy, sci-fi and anything else they wanted. Guns, cars, magical beasts and basically anything you could think of was at your fingertips. All in the same day you can witness a necromancer raising an army of dead and then turn around to find a massive mechanized weapon ripping apart a city. A world completely new and full of possibilities. Gamers all over flooded the servers and began to carve out the world, building a new society around this wonderful creation.

In the fourth year of this game, the administrators made a massive announcement. There was a final dungeon. One that they would never release information on. What was so special about this? The ones who defeated this final dungeon would gain control of the very company that created this game. All the money, power and status that came with it. They also alluded to another prize, one that far surpassed even the prize that they had told all the players about. Imaginations went wild, what could this amazing prize be? Players flooded the game, coming in droves to claim their prize. After another year or so, most people gave up hope of ever finding this elusive dungeon. The world was simply too large and there were so many hidden nooks and corners. It seemed absolutely hopeless. However, a specific group of gaming addicts would press on to find this great prize.

All of them, for one reason or another, became dedicated to finding this prize. This world was their real home, one that they used to escape the real world. Each of them had their own reasons, but there was one very specific rule that this group of players lived by.

The real world has no place in Terra Maxima.

How will these players grow and change through their journey? Will they come to accept the real world, or will they fall deeper into their delusion? Only time will tell.

Okay, so I know that this sounds a bit odd, but I really think that this would be a wonderful little story. Players escape their world into a world where they have power to do something. Sounds about right. Sounds like us. Escaping the real world into a story where we have control. I want to start by saying that this world is absolutely massive. So much content, players' decisions in the game actually affect the world. If a player decides to torch a forest, that Forest will be destroyed and never be the same. If you ignore an NPC and they die as a result, there is no bringing that NPC back. The game has real consequences, so for this group that thinks of this world as real, every decision is crucial.

I will give a more in-depth description on character creation when I create the character tab, but just know that there is going to be little to no limit on what you can do, so long as it makes sense within the creation system. I.E., don't make the character good with a gun without taking some gunslinger class. It won't work. As far as I'm concerned, so long as you can describe what the class does and is, you can make up a whole different class. It's all up to the imagination.

Basically, my character will be the guild leader of this party. I will post more information on the guild at a later time. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask me. I know this is vague, but I like keeping things vague to give you as many options as possible. I don't want to control your experience. I have given you a goal and I'm going to give you a massive setting. Hope to hear from you all soon.

Wow, this looks like a lot of fun. I’m definitely a huge fan of the VR/MMO World style story! Would the rp mainly happen within the world of Terra Maxima or would there be a real-world aspect there as well?

Interested in joining either way. :3

Wow, this looks like a lot of fun. I’m definitely a huge fan of the VR/MMO World style story! Would the rp mainly happen within the world of Terra Maxima or would there be a real-world aspect there as well?

Interested in joining either way. :3
Well, that depends on you. Maybe you accidentally bump into another player IRL? Or maybe you fall in love and decide to meet face to face. Your choices are what makes the story. Either way, there is an IRL section to the character sheets, just to be safe.
Gamers lets goo
I assume that means you're in? Lol

Skybreaker Skybreaker Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Phayne Phayne
Thought you guys might like a head start. Think about your characters and remember, how you build them will affect how they can interact with the world. Anything is possible, but everybody has limits. Especially in a world that's designed to give everybody a chance to be strong in one area or another. Balance is key. Also, if you want to wait for a lortab so you know more, I'm currently putting the finishing details on that so you are more than welcome to wait for that.

What is the difference between skills and abilities?
Yes. Skills are an automatic thing that you can choose from a preset list that was created by the game developers. Abilities are far more versatile as they are created by the players and no two are the same. Many players make a living by selling them to other players who don't have the creative mind to do it. In game terms, abilities can be used at will if stamina and management allow. Skills have limits on times they can be used or strength of the skill if it's a passive ability.

Yes. Skills are an automatic thing that you can choose from a preset list that was created by the game developers. Abilities are far more versatile as they are created by the players and no two are the same. Many players make a living by selling them to other players who don't have the creative mind to do it. In game terms, abilities can be used at will if stamina and management allow. Skills have limits on times they can be used or strength of the skill if it's a passive ability.
This is an exciting difference! Are we good to brainstorm our own skills in that case and submit them as part of our character sheets or do you want to create a sort of list for us to select from?

This is an exciting difference! Are we good to brainstorm our own skills in that case and submit them as part of our character sheets or do you want to create a sort of list for us to select from?
No, you can create them. I would like to ask that if you're unsure if they are balanced, send them to me and I can help.

Is there a limit of how a player can create abilities? What's stopping someone from creating a quick slashing attack that deals 9999999 true damage and prevent the target to be ressurected?

Is there a limit of how a player can create abilities? What's stopping someone from creating a quick slashing attack that deals 9999999 true damage and prevent the target to be ressurected?
Okay, so players can create a ilities that work with their own classes or might work with other people's classes. However, they assign damage based on the users classes and overall level. For instance, a healing ability may heal the full amount in the hands of a high priest level 10, but may only heal half for a simple cleric level 15. Get what I mean.

Ah, so the numbers are tied to scaling. Sure, that can works.
Yes. Your numbers and how you choose your classes will directly affect how to your skills and abilities work in the world. I will be making a very focused character to show you what I mean.

Hey there! I‘ve got a few character ideas, but I wanted to ask if these are mechanics we can implement in-game one way or another:

- Monster Taming / Pet System
- NPCs / Companion System (or if it’s all just player-parties)
- Homesteading / Gardening / Farming

Hey there! I‘ve got a few character ideas, but I wanted to ask if these are mechanics we can implement in-game one way or another:

- Monster Taming / Pet System
- NPCs / Companion System (or if it’s all just player-parties)
- Homesteading / Gardening / Farming
I was not kidding when I said anything is open to you. If you build your character for it, they can do it. Anything is helpful to a guild, so if there is an odd role you want to fill, go for it. And next time, you can DM me. My dm's are always open.

Currently considering an undead variant of a spellblade. A ghostblade per se.

Warrior / Necromancer / magician

Users who are viewing this thread

Back