• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom GᖇIᗰᗰ ᗯᗩᖇᏕ

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Nothingness

Two Thousand Club
Celebrate! The day has come once more, just as it has every two years for the past generations. The Vytal Festival had begun yet again, and just as it has every year, Amity Colosseum has been moved to the kingdom of which is holding the festival this year. It just so happens that this year, the kingdom of Mistral is the one holding the festival. Flyers have been sent all throughout Remnant, news has spread to settlements and cities for all to know. Atlas has kindly offered transportation to those in smaller settlements that cannot make the trip and even offered a trip back home when the festival is over. Even with the knowledge that huntsmen and huntresses have a negative reputation nowadays, the citizens of Remnant are looking forward to seeing the Colosseum and even have come to a vote that ordinary people can join into the tournament as long as they know the risks of injury during it. On the flyers, there is small print stating that hunters and huntresses were allowed to take part into the tournament as long as they did not use their semblances and did not activate their aura against other civilians. Even so, they are welcome to the festival either way.

Taenya Azariah

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Seira - Mermaid Melody Pure

Beautiful Wish

Tawny colored ears pricked up as ivory fangs glinted in the sunrise light while Tae awoke form her nightmare ridden sleep. While the faunus never really slept well, she never let the fact bother her as she slowly got dressed. Shaking out her long curly hair before putting on her navy blue outfit. The gold accents standing out against her tanned skin as she descended her small treehouse. Sunlight caused her hair to glint gently as rays caught the copper highlight hidden within the tawny mess of curls and her hairclip, which in reality was her weapon Eternity's Blossom - a flower shaped clip which was made from ivory, ebony, and apatite. She shouldered a small bag as she took one last glance up at her home and rested her fingers against the bark of the tree before heading towards the bustling city of Mistral.
" I don't see why we have to be the city to hold the Vytal festival this year."
The faunus muttered quietly as she gently flattened her ears against her head, ignoring the painful twinge it sent through her head as she tied her usual blue and black bandanna over her head and braided her locks into two braids.

Taenya's boots clicked against the floor as she made her way through the forest she called home. The lioness paused for a second when she noticed the city come into view before she took a deep breath. Well, she may as well keep going. She hadn't been to Mistral in years. Ever since Beacon fell and things just stopped... and she was well known despite not coming into the city often. Her form easily slipped into the shadows as she made her way towards an inn. As she entered a room, one of the patrons asked her if she would sing and the girl gave a gentle smile. How could she say no to those eyes? While it wasn't common knowledge - but Taenya did sing on occasion and the young kids adored her exotic voice. So she would indulge the inns she stayed at for it helped pay for her room and she just couldn't say no to any young hunter/huntress... she wouldn't. Besides, she didn't go flaunting her huntress status about. She preferred it hidden and she would never ... ever ... take part in another vytal festival. It was just not her way. The 23-year-old huntress in hiding couldn't help but wonder what the festival this year would bring. The girl couldn't shake the feeling that something might go horribly wrong.

♡coded by uxie♡

It took a while, but Liliya had eventually gotten used to taking airships. It really wasn't the height that was the problem, so much as...the motion. And of course the airships that Atlas utilized to carry this lot of tourists to Amity Colosseum had to be the kind with big viewing windows, allowing them to marvel at the scenery of Mistral as it passed under them. How decadent. Liliya leaned forward, her nose almost touching the window. Almost she could feel the wind and fresh air rushing by the airship, breathe in the essence of the greens and browns that they were soaring over. For the first time in a while, Liliya felt she could...relax.

"Ma'am? We've docked." A young, slim Faunus with cat ears leaned into her field of view. She was wearing the grey dress uniform of the Atlesian military, which had apparently changed a fair bit since the last time Liliya wore it.

"Ah." Liliya blinked. Then she blinked a few more times, returning from her reverie. "Izvini, private. Please, excuse me." Hefting her duffel bag behind her, Liliya wasted no time joining the throng of visitors filing out into the arena. Most of the festivities were left on the ground, but the arena's exterior and entryways themselves were understandably festooned with banners and murals depicting the work of many passionate Mistralian artists. All this effort...

Hunters had always been something of a class apart. Their own schools, their own administration...perhaps it was fitting that many of them had to shoulder the burden of...the transformation that had been attempted, so many years ago. And even now this tournament continued to be a symbol of the honor that was afforded to them. A certain reflexive disgust wormed its way into Liliya's heart. But did she feel disgusted at the way the hunters were now treated? Or at their temerity in persisting in their ways?

Either way, that wasn't the main reason she was here. At a gathering like this...would the Aura Grimm be unable to resist their instincts? Would they show themselves at a gathering like this? At the center of human emotions and hope...

She diverted herself away from the throng, slipping over to the side of one of the protruding platforms where she could get a good grip on the exterior wall of the arena. She inhaled as she pressed her palms against the wall. And as she exhaled, mist formed, carrying her up it at a steady pace.

"Just like an elevator..."

It didn't take long for her to reach the top of the conical structure, overlooking the stands and the arena where the hunters (and this time, other hapless fools) would brawl to satiate their own egos and the enthusiasm of the masses. Something was certain to happen here. And then she would be in a perfect position to intervene.

But there was still time. Liliya sighed contentedly as she sat down cross-legged and unzipped her bag. Reaching past the folded Ageha and Perun, under the hood of Skathi...she pulled out her sketchbook.

Scooting around, she turned her back on the arena, looking out to the majestic cliffs and groves of Mistral. Finally, a good view.

As she made a few tentative outline with her pencil, a pale, delicate bird swooped down, landing on her shoulder.

"Privet, little one. Has curiosity drawn you here? This is no place for one like you..."

Azul Berus
With a sigh a white & blue clad faunus paused with a sigh and leaned back until her entire weight was supported by her thick reptilian tail allowing her to fold her legs and take a load off her aching feet for a short while. "Phew, patrol, patrol, patrol all day." As an up and coming operative for the Atlesian military Azul Beres had been assigned to work security for the Vytal Festival, while she had been told it was a prestigious role it had still entailed walking the same circuit around the arena all day. While wishing she could take her high boots off she felt a twinge of pain in her temples and the tip of her tail twitched restlessly, even with the generally upbeat festival atmosphere on the floating arena the sheer number of people was enough to stir up her inner Grimm a little.

Realising the twinge was actually due to a particular nearby spike of anxiety Azul dropped back onto her feet and followed the feeling back to a lone boy who was lightly sobbing while searching the crowd with growing panic. "Hey there, are you a little lost?" Approaching the child with a gentle smile she squatted down to his level and gestured to the Atlesian colour scheme of her female leaning outfit. "I'm one of the people working here, I bet your mum or dad said to find someone like me if you got lost right?" Blinking his watery eyes at her several times the boy nodded. "Great, want to come with me and find them together?" Getting a more enthusiastic nod she held out a hand and when he took it Azul hoisted the child up onto her shoulders.

If she were to go by the book Azul would have simply dropped the kid off at the nearest security desk and left it to them to put out an announcement but she was bored and this was the closest thing to excitement that had happened all day, more than that she knew what it was like to be left all on her own in a strange place. As they chattered about nothing in particular Azul raised herself up on her tail again to peek over the crowd and slithered along. "Are you from around here? This is my first time being south of Argus and I was wondering what might be good to eat." Up above the child hmm'ed for a moment. "My dad always said no one had really been to the city without having the steamed buns, the custard ones are the best." He said with total confidence before perking up and frantically waving. "Mum! Mummy!" Swaying slightly with the sudden jostling Azul quickly spotted a woman waving back and shoving through the crowd. "Okay hold on a moment. Make way everyone!" Parting the crowd with her best authoritative voice Azul managed to quickly offload the child into his mother's arms just before pain shot through her skull.

The crack of rubble and screech of steel muffled the screams for a moment, bloodied hands with fingers bent at unnatural angles reached towards him. "Please say something! Are you-"

"-Okay?" The painful spectre vanished as quickly as it had come. "Miss? Is something wrong?" The mother was looking at Azul with concern while the child simply seemed confused. "I'm fine, I'm fine. Just had a little too much coffee." She quickly waved away the concern with a weak smile and leaned down towards the boy. "Now you stick close this to mum this time and make sure to enjoy the festival okay? I'll see you around." The boy nodded happily as she turned to leave. "Okay! Thank you miss!"

Retreating quickly Azul resumed her normal patrol hoping now familiar route would let her turn her brain off for a while and calm down.

Last edited:

Itel Lazuli 77C9A660-A15B-4744-9B59-FAB29A048AA3.jpeg
Itel sighed as he walked along the path that led to the city, which already teeming with children and families heading to enjoy the festival. He had come to dislike events like this because of the Grimm he attracted like he was wearing some demonic cologne and tended to steer clear in order to keep other people safe. The raven on his shoulder gave a small sound of disapproval and Itel chuckled

I know Nox, you hate crowds as much as I do” he rubbed the raven’s head with his index finger “but there’s a vendor here that is still willing to sell to hunters and I’m not going to be able to finish that one guys armor upgrades if I don’t get this material” he sighed before looking at the entrance to the festival “and unless you don’t want to eat, we need the money” the raven gave another disapproving squawk before leaning into his masters touch “yea yea I know” the hunter chuckled before walking into the festival, making sure to pull his hood down as he walked through the crowd.

Itel knew festivals were dangerous, it was a breeding ground for emotion which attracted the Grimm, he also knew that he himself attracted Grimm which he assumed had something to do with the nevermore inside him but money was money and he would need it seeing as people willing to pay for hunter services were hard to come by. He walked through the crowd with the intent on finding the only blacksmith shop willing to sell metal to hunters in exchange for money and services. Upon finally finding the shop, he walked in and was greeted with a scoff “we don’t work with your kind here” the bull faunus spat before stomping towards Itel with a frown. Itel sighed “I was the one who contacted you weeks ago? Lazuli?” He said taking a step back “just needed some of the dust infused metal we talked about and I’ll be on my way” he bowed his head respectfully, he had learned how convince the populace to work with him which usually resulted in him showing submission to people who didn’t really deserve it.

The bull scoffed before turning to walk back behind the counter “right, the legendary Itel Lazuli” the bull gave a hearty laugh “Talented blacksmith but you dilute your skills by being a worthless hunter” Itel bit his tongue to stop him from saying something he would regret “what can I say, I take after my father” he retorted dryly walking to the counter “Ah Oceanus Lazuli, now there was a man one could respect” the bull snorted “a pity he is gone, there aren’t many blacksmiths that come close to his caliber, myself included” he laughed before signing “look kid, out of respect of the man who taught me” he slammed a locked trunk on the counter before pushing it towards Itel “here’s the metal you asked for, but no more coming around here. I’ll lose business if people find out I’ve been working with a bloody hunter, one with a legacy and renown at that” he snorted again

Itel sighed at the mentioning of his father again and grabbed the small trunk from the counter “Thankyou uncle Del” he responded with a small smile, the bull walked from behind the counter and embraced the much smaller male in a almost bone shattering hug “Be safe out here little bird, watch your back” he let the hunter go before walking back behind the counter “Will do Uncle” he said before taking the container and walking out of the shop. As he walked out, a loud popping sound fired by his ear and his entire world started spinning. In that second he was taken back to his time in the lab where they would force him to fly while they shot cannons at him. He fell to his knees and attempted to catch his breath as the raven squeaked nervously

I’m..” he took a deep breath, still seeing small flashes of his past. He grasped at his head before he was brought back to the present when someone tapped on his shoulder “Mr.Hunter, are you ok?” The boy asked. The boy looked to be academy aged and was dressed like a hunter himself with his weapon strapped to his side. Itel shook his head and stood up “I’m ok, just get headaches sometimes” he adjusted his cloak and nodded to the boy before turning and walking off with the intent on leaving this place before he had any more episodes.​

Xander Seong

]

With a loud thud, a large Ursa Major Grimm collapsed onto the forest floor with a male dressed in a ragged torn up cloak standing over its fading corpse. Staring down as the Grimm continued to fade out of existence, the only thing that could be seen was the vibrating blade being held in one hand and the end of the sheathe sticking out from the bottom of the cloak. By the time the Grimm had completely vanished, the male lifted his gaze up towards the sky in the direction of where he could see Amity Colosseum from where he stood. So, the new reports were right after all; the Vytal Festival was being held in Mistral this year, but why were there so many Grimm near the festival. Shaking his head to avoid overthinking the situation, Xander made his way through the forest to reach towards the festivities.

By the time he had stepped out into the open, he was shocked to see the amount of people that had gathered from all over Remnant. It was near impossible to see two feet in front of oneself without bumping into someone else. Were these people not afraid of the possible fact of Grimm, were they all that comfortable with the idea that Atlas could protect this many people without causalities. The confidence these people had was both concerning and yet at the same time baffling ridiculous. Whatever the case was, he wasn't about to be caught up in the middle of it. So, to avoid being caught up in the middle of an argument or get on someone's bad side accidentally, Xander headed straight for the nearest bar that was actually open. Of course, not a single person was present aside from the bartender and a couple of men and women who had drinking problems as it was far too early in the day for the bar to start piling people in.

Taking a seat at one of the nearest stools available that was away from others, Xander raised his hand to get the bartender's attention. "One whiskey ginger." After ordering his drink, the bartender nodded and got to work. While waiting for his drink, Xander sat in silence until a large human male approached him from behind just to bump his overly large stomach into Xander's back just to get his attention. "You're in mah seat. Beat it punk." With nothing more than a silent sigh, the Xander extended his left arm to the entire bar counter. "There are plenty of open seats, sir. Please...just let me rest. I've been walking a long time..." Even with him pleading with a large male, the man seemed far too drunk to care as he bumped his stomach against Xander once again, before demanding him to leave the seat with much more intensity. This time, Xander simply ignored the large man and grabbed his drink that the bartender slid down the counter.

Before he could so much as bring the cup to his lips, the large male was quick to grab the drink from Xander's grip just to chug it down for himself and even exhaling a satisfied sigh in response. After walking for what felt like days without so much as a drink only to have it snatched away by some fat human had Xander clench his bandaged right fist. Before he could lose his cool, he took in a deep breath before exhaling slowly just to stand from his seat and take a seat at a nearby empty table. This was nothing to get worked up over and the bartender had seen so it was only a matter of time before he most likely got another drink to replace the one he was just stolen from.

filler text so none of your text is covered by the flower.

• mood

Annoyed / Tired / Concerned

mood

outfit

tags

♡design by neon reverie, coded by uxie♡

---
:: MOBILE FRIENDLY ::

Mood -- Annoyed / Tired / Concerned
Outfit -- [---Click Here---]
Interactions -- Open

With a loud thud, a large Ursa Major Grimm collapsed onto the forest floor with a male dressed in a ragged torn up cloak standing over its fading corpse. Staring down as the Grimm continued to fade out of existence, the only thing that could be seen was the vibrating blade being held in one hand and the end of the sheathe sticking out from the bottom of the cloak. By the time the Grimm had completely vanished, the male lifted his gaze up towards the sky in the direction of where he could see Amity Colosseum from where he stood. So, the new reports were right after all; the Vytal Festival was being held in Mistral this year, but why were there so many Grimm near the festival. Shaking his head to avoid overthinking the situation, Xander made his way through the forest to reach towards the festivities.

By the time he had stepped out into the open, he was shocked to see the amount of people that had gathered from all over Remnant. It was near impossible to see two feet in front of oneself without bumping into someone else. Were these people not afraid of the possible fact of Grimm, were they all that comfortable with the idea that Atlas could protect this many people without causalities. The confidence these people had was both concerning and yet at the same time baffling ridiculous. Whatever the case was, he wasn't about to be caught up in the middle of it. So, to avoid being caught up in the middle of an argument or get on someone's bad side accidentally, Xander headed straight for the nearest bar that was actually open. Of course, not a single person was present aside from the bartender and a couple of men and women who had drinking problems as it was far too early in the day for the bar to start piling people in.

Taking a seat at one of the nearest stools available that was away from others, Xander raised his hand to get the bartender's attention. "One whiskey ginger." After ordering his drink, the bartender nodded and got to work. While waiting for his drink, Xander sat in silence until a large human male approached him from behind just to bump his overly large stomach into Xander's back just to get his attention. "You're in mah seat. Beat it punk." With nothing more than a silent sigh, the Xander extended his left arm to the entire bar counter. "There are plenty of open seats, sir. Please...just let me rest. I've been walking a long time..." Even with him pleading with a large male, the man seemed far too drunk to care as he bumped his stomach against Xander once again, before demanding him to leave the seat with much more intensity. This time, Xander simply ignored the large man and grabbed his drink that the bartender slid down the counter.

Before he could so much as bring the cup to his lips, the large male was quick to grab the drink from Xander's grip just to chug it down for himself and even exhaling a satisfied sigh in response. After walking for what felt like days without so much as a drink only to have it snatched away by some fat human had Xander clench his bandaged right fist. Before he could lose his cool, he took in a deep breath before exhaling slowly just to stand from his seat and take a seat at a nearby empty table. This was nothing to get worked up over and the bartender had seen so it was only a matter of time before he most likely got another drink to replace the one he was just stolen from.

"Hunters used to be a big deal back then, huh?" The young man kept a hand at his chin as he stepped off the air bus and admired the construction that had gone into the massive airborne arena. Though, in this era, the Vytal Fighting Festival seemed little more than a farce. Even as someone who'd naturally be hunted down and killed just for existing, he couldn't help but sympathize more with the people who had lost their purpose in the world.

Xan let out a sigh as he fiddled with his large backpack's straps - everything he ever needed for his travels were contained in one enormous container. If he hadn't had access to Aura, walking around with a hiking backpack stuffed to the brim with his belongings would have been too much of a hassle. That was one of the upsides to being kidnapped and experimented on - though, he didn't particularly feel much about it. Project Grimm was long in the past now, and he had managed to eke out a life on the road. The only reason he was even attending the festival in the first place was because one employer had paid him in tickets instead of lien.

As he navigated through the crowd of people, he glanced down at the paper tickets in hand. It was worth the work, at least - he had received some decent seating closer to the arena. Though, if there were civillians participating, he sincerely doubted that the entertainment would be there. While he could keep the Grimm within him pacified with just sheer willpower alone, watching hot-blooded fights like these and feeding on the despair that someone on the ropes might succumb to was the least he could do to satiate the monster that had been forced inside him.

The young man quickly found his seat and set his backpack down between his legs - he was barely able to see over it, at least. He had a slight worry that something might happen - but if it really came down to a crisis, he was prepared. "Fighting fire with fire... huh?" Xan muttered those words under his breath as he fixed his gaze on the grounds below. He had come to terms with being an Aura Grimm - even if his source of power was something monstrous, there was no way he'd succumb to the same impulses... Though, it also certainly helped that the Tentacle Grimm was rather weak to begin with.

Taenya

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Belle - Anime

Gales of Song

The faunus-in-hiding began to sing softly, allowing her exotic, soft voice to entrance the younger hunters and kids around her. She wove a soft story within her words as she moved through the tables of the bar below the rooms where she would retire after a few other songs. Her blue and gold clothing a stark contrast to the dull room she breezed through. Passing by Xander as she smiled at the kids who ended up swarming around her.
"
But you're already gone, and I don't know what to do
Everyone but me seems to be carrying on just fine
Even so, tomorrow will come... oh song, guide me!
"
Her braided hair flashed within the light as she smiled diligently at the young kids before finishing her song and going to sit down. Her eyes softened just barely as she was swarmed around by a bunch of kids. Her fingers gently carded through the hair of many of the kids fondly as she took the drink provided for her. Sipping it quietly, she stood up slowly, gave a gentle nod to the bartender, and headed up the stairs towards her room.

Taenya had enough of the loud crowds and she was exhausted from traveling anyways. The girl gently took out the two braids in her hair, shaking out the giant mess of floof in order to relax a bit. The long hair brushed her skin lightly as she undid the bandanna, allowing her two ears to pop up carefully. Her elegant fingers massaged the sore tawny appendages which had been aching from the position they had been stuck in. Her back popped as she allowed her tail to uncurl from her waist and she yawned, opening her window to breathe to cool air outside. She enjoyed her performances but also ... something had caught her eye as she took her small drink. The interesting male who was at the bar. she didn't know who it was, but he was interesting for sure. Something just seemed ... unique ... about the man downstairs. She couldn't place it though. Taya sighed as she gently began to detangle her hair.

♡coded by uxie♡

Zeke

Mistral was as two sided as a coin. Those at the top got to enjoy the luxuries of nice clothes, food and rule of law. Whereas the dregs at the bottom had to contend with rampant crime, corruption and violence as a fact of life. Even after the era of Huntsman and Huntresses. This place was still as bad as ever. Not that it mattered much to Zeke. He was just here because it was a spot to restock his supplies. Aimlessly riding a motorcycle from one Kingdom to the next was a resource consuming lifestyle. Passing by vendors offering their meager wares while armed thugs squatted at every street corner. Zeke was really just in the mood to head on out of this place entirely. Unfortunately the Vytal Festival had caused an influx of tourism rarely seen in this post Aura-Grimm society. Which meant Zeke had to deal all sorts of people on his little stroll. Purchasing some meat skewers in a strange red sauce. Zeke noticed a little Faunus child looking hungrily at his food. Sighing and buying another. He handed the skewer to the young girl. Poor kid probably hadn't seen anything resembling a decent meal in a while. Sitting next to her while she inhaled her food. Zeke decided to hear her story.

"Where's your parents, kiddo?" asked the wanderer after marveling at the red sauce. The girl got quiet all of a sudden and looked away from him. Following her gaze to a rather clean looking building. He took notice of red lanterns adorning the entrance. Understanding her apprehension and handing her another skewer. Zeke could only sympathize with the girls unfortunate situation. Despite people driving out Huntsman and in their minds, the Grimm. People themselves still had a host of problems that had nothing to do with the monsters outside their walls. "Mister, are you here to fight in the tournament?" asked the little Faunus girl. Zeke smiled wryly while scratching his cheek. The Vytal Festival was being supervised by Atlas. They'd sniff him out the moment he got anywhere near the Colosseum. "Whats your name, kid?" replied Zeke as if to avoid the question. Noticing his changing of the topic but not wanting to press the matter, she responded with "Lora". Zeke thought it was a cute name and no doubt she did too. Noticing some other children running out from an alley. They invited Lora to play. Patting the little girl on her head and gesturing for her to join them. Zeke began to head to the next destination on his little shopping list.

White electricity danced along his temples. It would appear his partner was feeling a little neglected. "Feilong... are you jealous of a child?" teased Zeke with a smirk plastered across his face. More electricity moved inside his mind as the Grimm made its presence known. "I know, I know. I'm not dumb enough to think this whole Vytal Festival won't go wrong with the kind of world we live in. Its why I'm leaving as soon as we finish up with our supply run" uttered Zeke, running his hand along a railing...

Interactions: Open
@s: None

Turic Yusif

Turic moved along the outer edge of a thick tree line, running full speed parallel to something speeding away, dodging and ducking within the shrubbery and dark interior of the forest. As the chase led on, Turic drifted slowly into the forest until there no longer was a disconnect of the open area and the forests foreboding tree line between Turic and his unknown target. Then suddenly, without warning, a man is tackled into the air, Turic latched onto the mans waste with ferocity and speed as they both flew to the air.

On close observation, this 'man' was no human man. This Faunus man had the antlers of a great elk, the ornate and deeply rooted ends poked in glory as they pierced through the air. While as glorious and amazing as the antlers on the Faunus man may have been, they no longer saw any light as the man and his antlers were plunged into the cold dark dirt below, an audible cracking being heard as the antler's chipped and creaked under the sudden extreme pressure brought upon their joints.

Still on top of the Faunus, Turic grinned under his hefty shiny helmet, those piercing devilish eyes glowing into the soul of the Faunus as he begged, knowing his fate before a word had even been uttered by Turic.

"No please man! Please! You dont have to do this! I owe a debt to Yunnic, not to you! You can just let me go and I will pay it. I will pay it man and I will pay double whatever he is paying you!"

Beggingly the man pleaded for his life, a slight sob coming to start as the words flowed from the indebted mans mouth. The words, true or not, were all the man could say, hoping his swarm of promises and assurances would change the mind of his cold eyed and empty souled pursuer. With this though, it was to no avail as Turic only chuckled with a uncaring looked, still casted over by the unbelievable darkness his helmet shadowed on his face.

"Oh no John. It is a debt you owe me now. And it's only one you can pay with your worthless, indebted, sad, life. And maybe those antlers too. You know how hunters kill and clean a deer? They slit its throat, then they open up the belly, spilling the guts out, slicing thin thin lines against the muscles and tendons attached to the hide. Then, ever so slowly, they peel the skin off with a steady and sure hand. That is what is going to happen to you, and I may just forget to slit your throat if you you keep talking and crying. Take your death like a man you worthless sack of shit."

Turic, without warning, drove his blade into the bottom of the Faunus's chin, the tip striking all the way through the skull and poking out the top, looking like a small knobbed horn adopted by the Faunus. Turic smiled, his teeth bearing as he stared into the bloody mess his blade and the mans face had become. Pulling out the blade, slowly, Turic shook his head and clicked his tongue in disapproval of the victim of his blade, like a disappointed dog owner does to their bad dog. With this, Turis grabbed the mans head firmly, the soft and cold leather padding of Turics armor meeting the slowly fading warm head of the Faunus', and with one quick kick of the mans antlers, the antler sheared and snapped. Dropping the head and pulling the antler out of the ground, Turic brushed off the dirt and shined the antler in the light, the gleaming ivory antler sparkled with beauty as Turic admired his kill and trophy. Stuffing the antler in his pocket, he walked away from the body, blood dripping from his hand still.

"Now, I think a festival is in order. A little vacation never hurt no one."

The armor donned man sighed in completion as his tail waved across the ground, marks lightly digging into the soft and cold dirt. With a decision of a little R&R, Turic headed off to the nearest port, at least the nearest one he could remember for where he thought he was out.

Poe L. Kuma

The rocking of the ship landing woke up Poe from the rest he was taking on the way to Mistral .He was one of the guards in the case something happened until he was told to take a break by the captain. After waiting for the first rush of people to leave the ship still in his Atlas uniform Poe picked up his luggage and started walking at his own pace making sure to keep a close eye on one of his briefcases with a Y on it. Seeing the people here put his mind at ease. After a while, he came up to a fancy hotel after finding out he could only get a two suit room he got and headed up. Unloading his things into the best room.

Once he was done he quickly opened up one of his bags taking out his beloved pet catus with a nametag on it that reads Jim-Jim placing it at the window. Looking at it with a smile. “Seems this festival is like this going to be a good one. I'll be back gonna grab some food and probably visit the arena don't wait up. “ Grabbing the Y briefcase he leaves to grab something to eat.Coming up to a food stand goes over making an order and paying for it. Before taking a set to enjoy his meal. While watching all the people enjoy the festival.

Picking his briefcase and a bag of cookies he leaves to explore the city during its merry state. Having half a smile on his face as he does. “I guess the arena is next on the list.”

" What I'm saying to you is that I for once I'll like a contract that isn't a mask for political assassination " Ace Viperidae questioned to himself if a outside watcher was eavesdropping they would only see his masked head bobbing up and down, standing outside of a hangar for refueling for his ride out of here passing the time while inquiring about the next job.
"For the last time contractor, we take them as they come in since I had to handle your mess from the last job which I'll remind you was your fault, I mean for all that's holy why didn't you use any other type dust? " A sharp feminine voice was heard only to Ace grating into him as once again as if on reflex he double checked his dust clips inside of his long coat noting that the fire dust clip was still missing." It was a small accident, the client hyped it up to much " Bar him for expressing some degree of concern and precaution, if anything to Ace the information was wrong.

" Small accident my ass, in front of a train you useless sack of-" Enough of that, sheesh he just wanted to test out his newly made wrist blasters in the field. As the doors of the hangar opened indicating that refueling was completed

Ace walked towards his prized procession, a genuine bullhead payed for by Atlas tax money at least to his knowledge quickly throwing a couple of clips of dust towards the workers for payment, it didn't matter to him it'll get refunded from atlas in their next resupply until finally he sat back in his favorite seat in the command center of his personalized craft, flicking a little bobblehead of a hunter smirking into him, while propping his feet up on the co-pilot seat as he turned off his semblance and the handler's voice came back to once again damage his brain matter " Your next job better be done to perfection, no repeats alright contractor " the grinning grimace of the bobblehead stared judgingly stared into him even as it wobbled itself as he repeated the same words as always into the empty hull of his ship " Yes handler, send it over I'll give it a once over "

Last edited:
Interactions: NEXT POST
Mentions: Lord_Boreas Lord_Boreas GasMaskie GasMaskie IG42 IG42

Hannah gawked, she could not help herself. After a month and a half of travel from their home, they had finally arrived. The Hochländer expedition consisted of a motley arrangement of clans. For the first part of the trip, they’d sailed oversea, each clan either showing off what naval power they had or how prestigious a liner they could hire. This was as much a chance to one up each other as well as show the world what they had. The entire flotilla looked like a cross between a floating circus, traffic jam and a trade convoy. Sleek motorized longships zigzagged between lumbering ironclads and the oddball cargo vessel. Garish colours decorated hulls, redundant sails, captured shields and flags, each Clan proudly proclaiming vessels as their own.

As a member of a landlocked clan, Hannah shipped on a combined hired cargo vessel. They hadn’t been allowed to paint it, not that they’d have enough time, so they’d settled for dangling banners off the side proclaiming through all and sundry the Hochfeldschloss claimed this vessel and would kick your ass if you tried to take it from them. Not exactly in those words, but close enough according to Pappi.

Then, once they’d finally got off the boats in Argus they had to march south. That part overland gave everyone some much needed stress relief in the form of various Grimm. Now finally, at long last, the clans arrived at the festival grounds.

Certainly, they would have arrived much earlier if they shipped with the airships Atlas kindly offered to anyone… but who in their right mind would trust anything that came from those Northern savages? No, the clans declined and went about their own way.

The festival grounds were the most crowded thing Hannah had ever seen in her life. She’d thought that with a month and a half of travel with rowdy Clansmen from all over the highlands, she would be ready. Gawking from the top of her Thunder, she swallowed dryly and shrank back into the hatch. Only her eyes just barely peeked out over the rim of reinforced steel. She couldn’t see the other end of the stalls and crowds even from here! The buildings alone just kept going forever too! She briefly spotted a child on the shoulders of a soldier. Yeah she could imagine it was easy to get lost in this mess. A knock on the turret broke her attention.

“Hah? Yes?” she said with a brief flash of panic. It was just her gently smiling mutti, fortunately. She stood resplendent in her shiny blue breastplate, silver chain tassels on the shoulders, and pressed straight pants. Both she and Hannah wore a half cloak on top of their normal outfits, as well as a peaked cap on their heads.

“Liebchen, we will start the parade in just a second. Remember, just follow the Bernsteins until we arrive to the hotel. Ready?” her mother said to her.

“Yes yes, I am ready!” Hannah nodded. She took a deep breath and clambered up, so she was up to her hips outside of Thunder. She had to stand and look pretty as the heir, despite her urges to just shut the hatches and let the noisy noises outside be. Her fingers turned white as she gripped her cutlass. She could do this, she could do this, just stand there and look pretty.

She glanced backwards. All the way here, she’d towed trailers with trade cargo. Now, for the parade, it would just be her tank. Behind that, the warriors of her clan prepared to march in formation behind her. Just walking pace, she reminded herself. Turret tilted slightly up. She held her cutlass in it’s scabbard in front of her, pointed down with both her hands on the pommel. Fortunately the blade was short enough she didn’t have to reach up awkwardly. Oh gods she could see people stare already as the main road cleared for this event. In front of her, those weird Bernstein clanners got in formation.

Hannah did her best to just look at them rather than the crowd. The Bernsteins used horses for their parade. Hannah did a double take the first time she saw them, but now that they were in parade formation, the black beasts looked magnificent. Fur brushed so finely they shone in the sun, much like the finely polished hull of Rolling Thunder. In her opinion her tank had better banners dangling from the sides though.

Yes, that was the trick.

Just look at the horsies, not the massive crowd of people about to laugh at the country hicks. She could feel her neck heat up.

“EIN LIED!” her Pappi called out behind her.

Oh gods Hannah should be the one to lead the singing too! In her blind panic, she forgot! She had to shout now, she had to. Her throat felt dry.

“DREI VIER!” her Mutti finished for her instead. Hannah got a grip, and sent a mental command to Thunder below her.

With a faint rumble the tank started to crawl forward after the horses. Behind her, a hundred clansmen started their first marching song, complete with instruments.

Scharzbraun ist der Hazelnuss~!

In front of her, the Bernsteins joined in without hesitation.

Only Hannah remained silent. She spotted so many people out of the corner of her eyes even as she did her best to just look stoically forward.

An Atlas guard with a snake tail, some man with a massive backpack. Was that man carrying a crow on his shoulder? She nearly turned her head. Good lords above how long until the hotel? She prayed it wasn’t going to be long.

Xander Seong

]

After taking his seat at the table, Xander waited for his drink that eventually arrived mere minutes after he had sat down. Making sure to leave the lien to pay for his drink upon the table, he took several sips from his drink before sighing with relief that his dry throat was finally satiated. After being able to fully relax in his seat, he was able to shift his attention to the rest of the patrons in the room without the possibility of losing his temper by someone trying to start trouble with him. It was around this exact time as well that many of the patrons had begun to take notice of a particular person stepping into the room at the time, curious as to what was grabbing everyone's attention as some applauded here and there; Xander's gaze was directed towards what appeared to have been a Faunus woman. Arching a brow as to who the woman was, he paid no mind to her and returned to his drink, believing it was probably just some fancy celebrity that people were all in awe about.

Soon enough, Xander's attention was once more caught when the sounds of loud voices and rolling machine outside the bar was heard. Even the other patrons that weren't already far too drunk to walk a straight line stood up from their seats to rush outside to catch a glimpse of what was going on. Of course, Xander was not going to miss what was catching everyone's gaze as well. Helping himself up from his seat, he patted the top of his snow leopard companion's head lightly to get her attention to wake up from her nap. "C'mon Yumi...let's go." With that, the feline cub was quick onto all fours before following closely beside the male as the two made their way out of the establishment only to find what appeared to have been a parade going on and one of the main attractions just so happen to have been a massive hunk of metal rolling through the center of town. "Hm, this year's festival sure is going to be interesting..." Whispering under his breath as the tank rolled on forward with people cheering and applauding the sight of the parade.

During the whole parade and even after, there were people walking around with flyers and calling out that the arena tournament's first round would begin soon and that all those who wanted to participate in the tournament should be heading up to Amity Colosseum to sign up at the registry and that there would be Atlas airships providing transports every half hour at designated locations. The idea of joining the tournament had Xander thinking, maybe he could join, he could use some more lien but the idea of not using his semblance for the Vytal Festival tournament felt weird. Either way, he started on his way towards one of the airship transports and would decide on the way up to the colosseum.

mood

outfit

tags

---

Mood -- Confused / Amused
Interactions --
Direct Interactions - Open
Non-direct interactions - Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka Talathel Talathel Stern LuLuLu Stern LuLuLu Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia GasMaskie GasMaskie Lord_Boreas Lord_Boreas IG42 IG42 Nellancholy Nellancholy

After taking his seat at the table, Xander waited for his drink that eventually arrived mere minutes after he had sat down. Making sure to leave the lien to pay for his drink upon the table, he took several sips from his drink before sighing with relief that his dry throat was finally satiated. After being able to fully relax in his seat, he was able to shift his attention to the rest of the patrons in the room without the possibility of losing his temper by someone trying to start trouble with him. It was around this exact time as well that many of the patrons had begun to take notice of a particular person stepping into the room at the time, curious as to what was grabbing everyone's attention as some applauded here and there; Xander's gaze was directed towards what appeared to have been a Faunus woman. Arching a brow as to who the woman was, he paid no mind to her and returned to his drink, believing it was probably just some fancy celebrity that people were all in awe about.

Soon enough, Xander's attention was once more caught when the sounds of loud voices and rolling machine outside the bar was heard. Even the other patrons that weren't already far too drunk to walk a straight line stood up from their seats to rush outside to catch a glimpse of what was going on. Of course, Xander was not going to miss what was catching everyone's gaze as well. Helping himself up from his seat, he patted the top of his snow leopard companion's head lightly to get her attention to wake up from her nap. "C'mon Yumi...let's go." With that, the feline cub was quick onto all fours before following closely beside the male as the two made their way out of the establishment only to find what appeared to have been a parade going on and one of the main attractions just so happen to have been a massive hunk of metal rolling through the center of town. "Hm, this year's festival sure is going to be interesting..." Whispering under his breath as the tank rolled on forward with people cheering and applauding the sight of the parade.

During the whole parade and even after, there were people walking around with flyers and calling out that the arena tournament's first round would begin soon and that all those who wanted to participate in the tournament should be heading up to Amity Colosseum to sign up at the registry and that there would be Atlas airships providing transports every half hour at designated locations. The idea of joining the tournament had Xander thinking, maybe he could join, he could use some more lien but the idea of not using his semblance for the Vytal Festival tournament felt weird. Either way, he started on his way towards one of the airship transports and would decide on the way up to the colosseum.

Taenya

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

filler

• home (filler tab)

Musa

Return to Me

The sounds of marching echoed through the open window as Taenya settled herself on the edge of the window. Her slitted pupils studied the streets carefully as she began humming a few bars to a song she had been working on writing. Mind you - she didn't often make original pieces to perform for the young ones. However, inspiration was something that urged her to do so. The festival was starting and she knew for a fact that her life would never be the same after the festival. One way or another. Her weapon, in the hairclip form of the bejeweled flower, gave her a small burst of courage in order to leave her hotel room. Descending from the upstairs space to give a gentle nod and promise to be back in a while to the inn owner before leaving. She was about to leave the inn and remembered her ears needed to pin back down as she fastened the bandanna over the appendages, giving a slight wince at the pain radiating from her poor head as her ears flattened against her tawny and copper hair.

Her body stiffened as she noted the same man leaving the hotel and heading for the Atlesian airships, and he most likely was heading for the collosium. That definitely was someone to avoid on her note. The Faunus/huntress-in-hiding had to play it casual if she could. Mind you, she definitely didn't want to appear stalkerish. That totally wasn't her vibe. She could play the 'I totally got the wrong directions' card, but she'd have to possibly talk to an unknown human / Faunus to do so, and that was just going to spell a disaster. Anyways - what was she doing again? Gah - cat brain moment. She swore she got distracted way too easily.

Ah, she was debating the tournament. She had actually participated in a Vytal Festival one year - to show students how to have good sports(wo)manship. However, now she was currently debating if she would join this festival or not. The girl was so deep in thought she actually managed to run face-first into a lovely streetlight pole. Rubbing her delicate nose, trying not to make pitiful kitten-like whimpers of pain, Tae sent a daggered glare at the hunk of metal before she sniffed and kept walking - entirely acting like nothing had happened as she boarded an airship to head up to the Collosium. She needed lien - but she also knew how to survive without it... so maybe she would just watch the festival this year. She was still debating.

♡coded by uxie♡

Liliya's lovely view of the natural landscape and the relative silence of her surroundings amidst the murmuring throng of humanity below her was quite unfortunately disrupted by the raucous procession that had joined the festivities in the town below. Hochlanders. She was not at all unfamiliar with them, but neither did she know any one of them closely. A fair few had made their living in the mainland of Atlas, though those among the military with Hochlander blood tended to keep their heritage under wraps for fear of unfair treatment or condescension. Yet another line that divided people.

Having not attended the last Vytal Festival, Liliya did not know if they had bothered to make the procession there as well. The last one would certainly be a much longer trip to make in advance. Either way, what caught her interest was the simple fact that they were here now, in something that certainly felt like a show of force. The sturdy horses, the banners and shields displayed proudly. With the slow and steady decline of the institution of hunters and a firm cap placed on the military strength of the kingdoms, did the Hochlanders feel like they had more to bring to the bargaining table now? Including an armored vehicle or two...

Sturdy, heavy, low-tech. Slow turret traverse and likely manual loading. All things that had become less emphasized in the fighting vehicles of mainland Atlas. Several ways to take that thing apart came to her mind unbidden, but she dismissed them, turning to face the arena.

Even now announcements and flyers were being given out. The first match was due soon, and they were still taking entrants? What a joke. Would these latecomers be allowed in only to be made a fool of? Simply a baffling turn of events.

But that didn't change what she was here for. Liliya sighed and put her unfinished landscape back into her bag. Out came Ageha as she locked the joints of the weapon in place and tested the bowstring. Her hand reached over her shoulder, fingertips running over the fletching of each arrow. Most of them simply bore their usual metallic heads, sharpened into keen and deadly shape. A few bore other attachments.

Liliya pulled Skathi's hood over her head, the brim and sharp peak evoking the maw of a wolf. Her eyes scanned the crowd. If there was an Aura Grimm around, she would find them. And either way...they tended to make their presence abundantly clear.

Yzabella Hawthrone
Interaction: Nothingness Nothingness (event)

Among the sharpening blades in the corner, flexing of muscles, chatter of Faunus and human alike. There sat a lone blonde girl in the corner. Alone with a jaded green box beside her. Her head drooping towards the cold floor. The air was tense for the young lady, she could not look at another face nor others would do the same as many walk past her as if she was never there.

The flyer for the festival is firmly grasped into her hands. Starring at it for what seemed like hours. The joy in the air was audible and inviting but she remained anxious. Now starring into a widescreen just across the waiting room. She watched the TV switch from camera to camera. Some bird’s eye view to the steady camera drones flying to the dynamic filming of camera workers trying to focus with their heavy equipment. This wasn’t just some small time event. There’s a sea of eyes watching this event that her big brother participated in years ago. Perhaps a little different from now...

The rules have been altered a bit. Now even none hunters can qualify to register into what was exclusively an event for Huntsman and huntresses students. Looking back to the box like contraption beside her. Her eyes water themselves before she wiped the tears away.

“I can do this...”Her ever tired eyes now has the fierceness of flames look. Grabbing the currently transformed FLAMMA DISCORDEAI by it’s exposed handle. She awaits the the screen results and the announcement of her name on screen. Her heart pounding louder than before she registered earlier today.

Last edited:

Itel Lazuli
217508A4-DD01-42F4-AF7E-D4923E8FD3D4.jpeg

Itel could feel eyes on him and he didn’t like it. He pushed pass people heading to the arena when he was stopped by a tall man with papers in his hands “Ah a hunter, put your self to some real use” the man grunted before basically punching the flyer into Itel’s chest. Itel groaned and suddenly felt the urge to cut the man’s hands off and beat him with them but ultimately pushed down the burning pain of the Grimm inside him wanting to be free.

Not happening” he grumbled to the beast while focusing his breath, he looked down to the flyer and nearly fainted at the amount of lien they were offering “sheesh I could fully restock the forge’s supply with this.” He scowled at the small print that said hunters weren’t allowed to use semblances or aura “does an arrow made from aura count” he mumbled “I guess I could just use the scythe not like that’s any safer though” he sighed before turning to look at the arena “what’s the worst that could happen” he shrugged before turning and walking to wards the stadium, attempting to blend in with the other civilians and hunters.

He arrived to the station that held the air transports and went to the gate to buy a ticket, after getting a very hard time from the old woman he was finally permitted to board an airship to await departure. “Go find you a good spot to watch the tournament Nox, I’ll call you when it’s over and we can head back to the forge” he handed the bird what looked like fried beef and the raven took it before flying away towards the colosseum.

Abelgard Müller

Ah… the Vytal Festival, such a wonderful thing that occurs every 2 years within a different Kingdom in order to celebrate, well, surviving despite the odds first of all, and second of all, some good ole entertainment that also provides a chance to witness the potential of the future generation of Huntsmen and Huntswomen that shall become the shining example of humanity’s next line of defenders. Or at the very least, what his grandpa used to say before the Academies had fell out of use in the current generation. Nowadays, Huntsmen were shunned and blamed for all the problems of the past even after all they had done for society, with people even going so far as to drive them outside of cities just for being branded of what used to originally be the defender of human and faunus kind

Heh, not like he let things such as that stop him from wanting to do the right thing and save people. While he may not be an ‘official’ Huntsman so far as everyone concern, he still had the power to defend those that cannot themselves and stop criminals from continuing their operations within cities. He had the power to make a change after all, so why not do just that. The man’s current line of thought was interrupted as he heard a could of footsteps nearby, and a voice sounding right next to him.

“Your cup of coffee, sir” a feminine voice sounded out, coming from a waitress currently handing him what he considers ‘The drink of the Brothers themselves’. Accepting the cup with a smile, Abel had responded with a simple “Thank you” as the Waitress walked away, leaving the man to enjoy the very cup of coffee that was handed to him. Currently, Abel was within a café in the city of Mistral… he doesn’t recall the name of the establishment, but why need the name of a place if you are getting a cup of coffee the same. Bringing the warm cup to his lips, he took a sip of the dark colored liquid, savoring the taste and small burst of energy he had gotten drinking from the cup, before putting it back down onto the table he was sitting at within the Café. Best to savor it while it’s still hot.

Now, where was he… ah, right, back into the topic being a ‘Huntsman’. So, currently, he was taking a small stop here within the city of Mistral to restock on supplies such as dust ammunition and being able to sleep without much hassle for once. Currently wearing a black colored business suit and a red tie as his ‘disguise’ for going out in public in order to avoid getting some stank eye by the public, Abel then looked off to the side on the seat next to him, a rather larger than average suitcase resting there. Only giving a small smile at it, Abel went back to drinking his cup of coffee, another sip of his most favored drink. Within the suitcase next to him was the unassembled ‘Hunter’s Glory’, a old hunting rifle that was passed down from generation to generation within his family. Oh how beautiful it sang with every pull of the trigger, it’s body just as nice with its engravings upon its silver barrel and ebony stock. Such a rifle looked as it should have been within a museum, but to his family, it was just as important as something like a son or daughter to take care of. Serving his family for years, the rifle was passed down from father to son, from mother to daughter, who had all made the choice of continuing the family lineage of hunting both beasts and ‘beasts’ that wear the skins of Hunan and Faunus alike.

As of now, he was the current owner of Glory, the weapon having served him ever since he had first ventured out to begin his task of fighting back against the ever growing dark. Aye, they had stayed by his side even after so long, with Abel taking care of the weapon, cleaning it, repairing components within it, and helping make the weapon such a far more formidable tool despite its old nature. Nothing like modified dust rounds and a semblance to help the rifle reach its full potential. Abel took full pride of proving that a huntsman is good as any other even when using older technologies by using skill and experience to offset what would have been a great disadvantage. But no need to linger upon such thoughts for too long… he had an important day today. While he wasn’t keen on staying too long within Mistral, especially with the Vytal Festival bringing much attention here, he still had important business to conduct. Such as gathering more dust to make new rounds and grenades from, alongside having to gather more rations and water for his journey back out into the wild to continue the hunt once again.

So occupied was Abel within his own thoughts, that he had forgotten to take a sip from his cup of coffee, which has been cooling off ever since he had he had gotten sidetracked earlier with him recalling old memories about Glory and why he was here. And so, bringing the cup to his mouth with an unconscious thought, Abel put the cup away from his lips as he noted the lack of heat coming from the coffee. Ah… such a shame, oh well, coffee is still coffee, no need to throw it away when it’s still the same. And so, Abelgard had remain there within the Café, enjoying his small rest and savoring the very moment every chance he has before the eventuality of going back outside to continue his work would pop up again.

Interactions: (OPEN)
Mentions: None

Turic Yusif

Turic wavered, balancing with his tail pressed firmly against the hard wooden flooring of the boat. The waves briskly pushed against the hull of the boat, a non-descript average hauler, but with no cargo or other passengers barring Turic. This came to be only through Turic's own volition and more so, his expending fortune from many, many jobs and riches collected as 'collateral'. The lizard tailed mercenary chuckled as the island hosting the famed festival slowly came into tangible distance. It brought a demented smile to Turic's face as he thought of the many things to be had here, battle, food, contacts, money, and most of all, blood to be spilt. As a short amount of time passed, Turic walked to the helm of the hauler, the ship coming into a close for the dock. Slowly approaching the dock, Turic had reached the helm, appearing behind the captain. The captain, an average sized man, no special features or Faunus attributes turned to Turic, a fear in his eyes as his meet the piercing green orbs of Turic's. With sweat and a wince as Turic stepped before him he thought he was the next one on the chopping block. Amazingly Turic forced the mans hand open and forward, dropping 3 silver coins in the hand of the captain.

"You did good. You will be paid good."

With the simple gesture, Turic left the boat, his armor gleaming and sparking in the suns rays, spots of dried blood showing their wine red face on the polished metal surface, the texture suffering from the same as well, turning from a smooth engrained metal to a rough and spotted area wherever the blood had stayed.

Walking on into the festival, his arrival was right in time for the tournament, seeing many of the festival goers shuffling through the entrance of the arena. A mix of creatures showed before Turic, a nod of approval coming subtly from him before he began to move towards the entrance. As he walked, he looked at the many shops and cafes, deciding if he would want food or not, a new weapon to please his underlining love for weaponry, or just some sweet fresh bread. With an undying indecision, Turic decided he will at least check the shops for their wares and wonders, and maybe find some good food along the way.

Stopping first at a small, white faced shop, a wood sign gave the white shop a name 'Joe's Café and Coffee'. Turic reacted, more so to the name, not having much of a feeling either way about it, just a overall feeling of 'Oh, alright', a pretty common and regularly apathetic emotion Turic presented. As he walked within the walls of the café, only a handful of people were present, including workers. Going up to order, Turic looked upon a chalk written board, prices and names all matched their partners, along with a size display on the counter before him.

"
One coffee please. Black with light French vanilla creamer."

The server nodded and hurriedly went to the coffee press with a regular sized mug, her hands noticeably shaking lightly. Turic didn't truly care what her reason for the shaking was, but assumed it was his presence, as many people seemed to have that reaction to him. Even if they didn't know his, less then pleasant, reputation. As the server gave Turic his drink, she was about to sound off the pricing and payment needed, before Turic laid before her some non-descript minted coins and a silver dollar coin onto the counter. Taking his mug of coffee, he sniffed the fresh brew, lifting his helmet slightly to sip the hot mixture. Pleasing his taste buds and stomach, Turic lowered his helmet and left the establishment, deciding now that the other shops can wait and that bloodshed was to be priority. Walking into the arena, the lines and crowds enumerated as seating seemed to take anyone forever. Walking through the mouth of the entryway, a slightly smaller guard stopped Turic with a hand onto his chest

"No outside food or drink sir."

Turic took no time wasted to pour the drink onto the guards boots, the hot coffee pouring and slipping off the leather constructed boot of the guard. As the liquid poured the guard, motionless, looked in displeasure to Turic, wanting to speak but unable or knowing better in the moment.

"There. Finished."

Turic smiled under his helmet, those same piercing eyes flowing through his eyelets in his helmet, as he planted the mug in the guards hand that was previously against the mercenaries chest.

"You can keep it as a token to remember me by. Just hope its the only one you need."

Turic chuckled viscously as he walked past the guard further into the hallway until he reached the breeching opening, a smell of dirt and sweat filled his nostrils, reminding him of his previous encounter with his unlucky deer friend. The antler from the 'run in' still jumbling inside a side bag attached to Turic, small outward dents poking through the leather where the tips of the antlers hoped to protrude the thick material.

Ace got his wish in a ironic way, oh he knew that she was smiling right now as he sat in the waiting rooms for the Vytal festival itself aware deftly he was sulking in the corner of the waiting area and putting off the other part of the contract, it made a disturbing amount of sense, all thing's considered where else would hunters gather than under the glow of the festival so it would serve as a good chance to gather information and data on the remaining huntsman to take part in it, and the fighting itself would be a nice retreat away from the usually shank tactics he was used to, against actual opponents.

Didn't mean he had to like all of it, Ace was already registered on to the system and booked in when he arrived, thanks to the ingenuity of the Atlas IT department to sign him up to a open festival, here watching the prospects of the festival march into the waiting area and waiting for any threatening or noticeable targets to appear so that was fun, he was procrastinating, self awareness was a annoyance to have.

So Ace sat there lamenting his luck being assigned the task of ' mingle and infiltrate huntsman gatherings ' even as the bustling nature of the waiting room was occurring around him putting off the task of introductions until he was certain the remaining participants were here, checking that he correctly resupplied on all his dust clips on the way while he twirled his lucky knife around, eyeing the entrance understanding that any bit of information his helmet doing the role of recorder noted would be given over for the databases at Atlas.

Xander Seong

]

Throughout most of the walk towards the docks where airships were taking on new passengers as well as dropping off others who did not want to participate any longer into the tournament or even those who did not want to watch the fighting, Xander's mind wandered all over on whether or not it was going to be wise after-all to join the tournament. Sure, the lien would be nice to have and make his travels a lot easier but the risk of getting caught as a hunter now would possibly cause anywhere he went after the festival would mean that they knew what he was. With his thoughts all over the place, Xander was completely unaware of his surroundings to the point that he didn't even pay attention by the time he had walked up the ramp of the airship docks only to be stared at by the robotic guards who stood in his path only to push him back with a heavy shove when he got too close to them. "STAND BACK CITIZEN." The sudden shove and robotic voice had Xander quickly snap out of his thoughts and notice just where he was. Nodding and taking several steps back to join the crowd of people behind him, the two guards unlocked the metallic door to the next airship before welcoming everyone aboard.

Spending a mere few minutes flying up to the colosseum, after disembarking it appeared as though most of the people were heading all in one direction that had a large sign above the gates stating 'entrance'. All the while, to the right was a small stand and separate entrance with a sign above stating 'contestants'. The stand no doubt was probably where people signed up for the tournament. Coming to a decision on the spot that the lien might prove more useful than the concerns of what people think of him if they found out his was an ex-hunter, he approached the stand and signed his name for the tournament. Given a pass that showed his name on it and above his name being 'contestant', he entered the separate entrance only to be welcomed into a large waiting room that had lockers lined up against each of the walls.

The room had been packed with a variety of different people; men, women, human, faunus, some buff, some overly skinny, some looking like they were ready for a fight and others looking like they were about to soil themselves. Taking a seat at one of the nearby benches just to collect himself while he waited for the first round to begin, the sound of a hovering drone soon had him raise his head over towards the direction of the sound. It appeared to have been an Atlas camera drone broadcasting the inside of the waiting/locker rooms to show the world which constants there were going to be up for this year's tournament. Anywhere throughout all of Remnant that had a television or scroll(cellphone) could watch the broadcast.

Meanwhile outside of the waiting/locker room in the center of the stage was one human man who held a microphone in his hand trying to hype up the audience that had taken their seats around the arena. Music blared throughout the colosseum while the hype man kept edging the crowd to shout and scream for more. He explained the rules in detail for everyone in the arena just so that they knew how the tournament was going to run as well as stating that those who wanted to learn more could find pamphlets around the colosseum or even ask any of the staff about how the rules worked. The tournament would consist of 8 rounds. Each round would have 8 contestants on the field all at once and the last one standing would move onto the finals. Each contestant's vitals would be displayed on the big screen above the fighting stage followed by their name. Once contestants' vitals reached a specific threshold, then they would be out of the tournament. The battle would be a free-for-all. Just like how it had been every year, each round; four sections of the stage would be changed to a random type of elemental biome that could range from anything such as lava floors, swamps, specific platforms having inverted or heavier gravity, etc.

mood

outfit

tags

---

Mood -- Contemplating
Direct Interactions - Open
Non-direct interactions - Nellancholy Nellancholy Talathel Talathel Tarot of Death Tarot of Death Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 accursedjobber accursedjobber Lord_Boreas Lord_Boreas Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre Stern LuLuLu Stern LuLuLu Dmitri Tolenka Dmitri Tolenka Gaius Danius Griinia Gaius Danius Griinia GasMaskie GasMaskie IG42 IG42

Throughout most of the walk towards the docks where airships were taking on new passengers as well as dropping off others who did not want to participate any longer into the tournament or even those who did not want to watch the fighting, Xander's mind wandered all over on whether or not it was going to be wise after-all to join the tournament. Sure, the lien would be nice to have and make his travels a lot easier but the risk of getting caught as a hunter now would possibly cause anywhere he went after the festival would mean that they knew what he was. With his thoughts all over the place, Xander was completely unaware of his surroundings to the point that he didn't even pay attention by the time he had walked up the ramp of the airship docks only to be stared at by the robotic guards who stood in his path only to push him back with a heavy shove when he got too close to them. "STAND BACK CITIZEN." The sudden shove and robotic voice had Xander quickly snap out of his thoughts and notice just where he was. Nodding and taking several steps back to join the crowd of people behind him, the two guards unlocked the metallic door to the next airship before welcoming everyone aboard.

Spending a mere few minutes flying up to the colosseum, after disembarking it appeared as though most of the people were heading all in one direction that had a large sign above the gates stating 'entrance'. All the while, to the right was a small stand and separate entrance with a sign above stating 'contestants'. The stand no doubt was probably where people signed up for the tournament. Coming to a decision on the spot that the lien might prove more useful than the concerns of what people think of him if they found out his was an ex-hunter, he approached the stand and signed his name for the tournament. Given a pass that showed his name on it and above his name being 'contestant', he entered the separate entrance only to be welcomed into a large waiting room that had lockers lined up against each of the walls.

The room had been packed with a variety of different people; men, women, human, faunus, some buff, some overly skinny, some looking like they were ready for a fight and others looking like they were about to soil themselves. Taking a seat at one of the nearby benches just to collect himself while he waited for the first round to begin, the sound of a hovering drone soon had him raise his head over towards the direction of the sound. It appeared to have been an Atlas camera drone broadcasting the inside of the waiting/locker rooms to show the world which constants there were going to be up for this year's tournament. Anywhere throughout all of Remnant that had a television or scroll(cellphone) could watch the broadcast.

Meanwhile outside of the waiting/locker room in the center of the stage was one human man who held a microphone in his hand trying to hype up the audience that had taken their seats around the arena. Music blared throughout the colosseum while the hype man kept edging the crowd to shout and scream for more. He explained the rules in detail for everyone in the arena just so that they knew how the tournament was going to run as well as stating that those who wanted to learn more could find pamphlets around the colosseum or even ask any of the staff about how the rules worked. The tournament would consist of 8 rounds. Each round would have 8 contestants on the field all at once and the last one standing would move onto the finals. Each contestant's vitals would be displayed on the big screen above the fighting stage followed by their name. Once contestants' vitals reached a specific threshold, then they would be out of the tournament. The battle would be a free-for-all. Just like how it had been every year, each round; four sections of the stage would be changed to a random type of elemental biome that could range from anything such as lava floors, swamps, specific platforms having inverted or heavier gravity, etc.

Turic Yusif

Turic moved through the crowd in the arena stair ways and seats, slowly but surely moving for a center area seat in the arena, not wanting to push to close or sit too far from the entertainment to be had in the center of the arena. Many people lined the arena, all waiting and hoping for the entertainment to come soon, the battles between contestants to come with a fiery passion and excitement. While Turic was sure the battles would feature such immense effort, deep down he knew he was a better warrior, true or not in actuality.

Finding a spot in his desired row, Turic took a seat, resting his arms on his thighs with a huff and a sigh of relaxation. The odd peace he found even in the bustling and ready crowd flowed over him. His mind was at peace while closing his eyes, at least for a moment, before a young couple, not too much younger than Turic sat beside him, talking loudly enough and off pitch just by the right amount from the crowd, for it to break Turic's peace for the moment. With the momentary peace gone, Turic had become irate, his eyes darting between the couple and his hands, which were folded together, pressing immensely against each other as he tried to keep his cool. These moments of peace were precious to Turic and to have them rudely interrupted by weak people was beyond enraging.

Even with the interruption, Turic stayed his hand, knowing well and hard that an out lash would only leave him with more bad then good, even if it would mean that the rat like gossiping couple beside him would shut their worthless mouths and play along with the dumb crowd or at the very least stay quiet. The crowds hyped up nature from the booming speakers and speaker himself, was no annoyance. Something of a wave of sound to Turic, but the very obvious push against the wave, a rock in the stream of sound, the couple seemed to poke out, sharply to Turic's mind. And he hated it, even if he had to tolerate to unpunished actions he deemed immensely annoying.

Sophia Blance

Sophia tried her best to hold her yawn as she finished the last logistic checkup. As expected, sending dozens of airship and even more passengers across the continent can become a logistical nightmare to the point that the ship's captain asked some military personnel for help. She had been stuck in the warehouse these last few hours because of this and she was glad that she finally would be able to enjoy the festival!!

Oh, yeah, right. Work. She's on patrol duty next.

Stepping into the festival, her body was immediately engulfed by an overwhelming warm sensation, as if she just downed a barrel of hot ginger ale. She could feel sweat started to form on her forehead and her heartbeat getting faster. All of this happened for a reason though, it's because friendship. She meant her semblance. There's so many people here that couldn't help but feel overly energetic. Unfortunately this also mean she would spend her time feeling very restless because patrol duty usually wasn't the most exciting job. An exciting patrol means problems and she would rather spent hours fidgeting by herself rather than seeing someone else got into trouble

As she wandered around, she spotted a fellow Atlasian military member on the distance. Azur Berus was supposedly a student who got a personal recommendation from the commander to join the military. Which for Sophia sounded really cool as that probably means they're a prodigy. Sophia was pretty new to the rank so she was very eager to make friendship with all the people there.

"Azur! Hey!" Sophia waved her hand enthusiastly as she approached the faunus. "I'm tasked with the patrol now so you can take some rest."

"Are you going to join the tournament? The commander encourage for us to have at least a few participant. PR blast or something like that he said."

IG42 IG42

1658111441172.png
Buc Irons
Buc sat patiently on one of the benches in the assigned locker room, his great sword point down between his feet and leaning against his shoulder. He remained helmetless for now, though otherwise he was fully armored and ready. The suit of steel felt like a second skin to him, he and it had gone through much together and seen each other patched up and dents buffed out through the many years. And it was one of the few things that reminded him of how things used to be.

"I shouldn't have signed up for this," he muttered sourly to himself, "I'm to old to be swinging swords at foolish people that think they will be the next James Ironwood. I don't even need the accursed money" But he knew he'd go through with it, like all other previous times he had fought in the tournament. For just like his suit of armor, this festival reminded him of happier times for the Huntsman, when they were more than just bodies to throw at the Grimm. But just like then, the festival had changed. He saw it slowly mutate to exclude Huntsman, to reject those that had founded it and caused it to flourish in the first place. He was the last of a dying breed, he knew it, he could feel it in his bones, but he would not give them the satisfaction of dying quietly in some dark corner to be forgotten. He would stand with his head held high, and see the blow aimed for his neck with a smile on his face.

He took a deep breath, trying to redirect his thoughts. He had gone down that path many times and it lead to nowhere but anger and frustration. Instead he shifted his gaze around the room, looking over his opponents. None of them would be his teammate, for even that had been done away with. First he noticed the man that sat on the same bench as him, a faunus like himself. He looked like someone who could handle himself, he'd have to keep an eye on him. Then his gaze wandered to a little girl holding what looked to be an engine with a handle who looked about as ready to fight in the tournament as a kitten was ready to fight a tiger. There was a fire in her eyes, however, back her into a corner and who knew what she could do. And many others that looked capable in a fight. But there were many more that looked like they had joined simply to have fun, the poor fools.

This would be a festival like many in the recent years, and Buc was certain that he could make a respectable showing for himself at least. A victory, however, at his age? That was a different question all together. One he was curious to find the answer to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back