• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Futuristic Roleplay.

Jaeger010

Big Ass Trees
I roleplay ONLY on kik, so if you wish to roleplay this with me, please leave your kik username in the reply section below. thank you! :D (btw I am female In real life, however I only roleplay using male characters. No, i won't roleplay a female character if you ask me to. I'm totally fine with roleplaying either FxM or MxM, but not FxF for obvious reasons.

This is a science-fiction/futuristic roleplay based in a dystopian city future. Please prepare yourself, this is LONG. This will include a description of the basic premise of the roleplay story line, how the system within it works, and some rules.

Roleplay Premise

So, as I mentioned before, the roleplay will take place in a dystopian future. The idea is that, after some major events that took place almost a century ago, there are bloodlines of people who have abilities as a result of the affects on the people. In terms of the range of differing abilities, these abilities can be anything from invisibility to flight, BUT, the rule is that one person only has ONE ABILITY. For example, if your character can Fly, then that is their ONLY ability. a character is not allowed to be able to fly AND turn invisible, you only get one. These different types of powers get graded by a branch of government, but I'll explain the grading system in greater detail later on. In terms of this roleplay, the city has been plagued with a string of murders, and it has been determined that the only people who could be responsible for committing such heinous crimes could be people graded 9 or 10. Because of the government having basically no leads of who the killer is, they decide to begin hunting down all people of grade 9 or 10 and imprison them until the killer is found, but of course, in a dystopian world, it is never that simple. The grade 9's and 10's know the poor treatment they will suffer at the hands of the military, and they also know that many scientists would pay big money to get their hands on them to conduct cruel experiments and try to utilize their abilities as weapons. Since the gathering was announced, the grade 9's and 10's have been scattering across the city in a desperate attempt to hide.

The Grading System and How to Choose your Ability

As I said before, abilities are given grades depending on several different factors:

1. How dangerous the power is to the people around them. (for example, the ability to control fire is a pretty dangerous thing)
2. How much the person can control the power.
3. Whether the person has a criminal record already with a past of violent crime.
4. The possible repercussions of what could happen to society and them self if they misuse their power. (so, for example, if a person has the ability to control the environment around them, what would be the repercussions on society if that person were to misuse that power)
5. The personality of the person with the power.

As an example of how you could grade your character, you need to take into account:

1. The actual power itself. what can they do? would the power be dangerous in the wrong hands? how much damage could that person do to society if they misused it? And most importantly: could the power result in someone's death if misused? those questions are good for putting your character in a bracket. if their power isn't at all dangerous, they would be a grade 1. if their power would cause maybe a bit of ruckus but not really hurt anyone, between grade 2 and 3. If the power could maybe cause some small amounts of harm to people and the environment, Grades 4-6. if the power could cause significant damage to people and the environment, 7-8, and if the power could cause many death and major destruction, 9 or 10.
2. you should then consider the actual backstory of your character? are they a model citizen who has never been in trouble? do they have minor offences? or are they right up there with drug lords and murderers? the status of the record of your character can also determine how dangerous they are and could be the difference between grades. if your character has no criminal records at all, a grade 1 or 2. if they have some minor offences, for example petty thievery, 3. if they have more serious offences, say for example, DUI, 4 or 5. if they have harmed people directly, so assault things like that, then grade 6 or 7. if they committed an armed crime but no-one was killed, for example, armed robbery or they stole something from someone at knife point, then they would get an 8. and finally, if your character has ever killed someone or attempted to kill someone, they get a 9 or 10. HOWEVER: keep in mind, that even a character with no criminal record whatsoever can have a grade 9 or 10 if their power is exceptionally dangerous. so, even if your character has no criminal record, they still could be a high grade if you give them a power like controlling fire, or the ability to harm someone without touching them or something.
3. now, look at the type of person your character is: are they kind? thoughtful? loving? or are they cold? merciless? cruel? a person who has a dangerous power but is a kind, loving individual will have a lower grade than someone who is hateful or spiteful because someone who is loving is FAR less likely to be violent with their power.

I know, the grading can be difficult, so, to help, I've made up a short, not very detailed character to sort of act as an example! :D

so, say i have a character whose name is Eric, he's 17 years old, he has a few offences for underage drinking at parties with his friends, he's overall a friendly, nice kid, and his power is the ability to make things around him levitate. Now, based on my guide above, lets consider the actual power: he is able to manipulate his environment to his will, which, in the wrong hands, is very dangerous, which puts it at the moment in the 7-8 bracket, because if he wanted to harm people around him, he certainly could. Secondly, based on Eric's minor underage drinking offence, that brings the grade down just a tiny bit to about a 6. And finally, the fact that he is a friendly person overall and the danger of the power I'd say leaves him at about a 6, MAYBE a 7.

that is a basic example of grading a character.

Rules of the Roleplay

here are my basic preferences for roleplaying:

1. I much prefer to roleplay in first person perspective, but if you are able to send fairly detailed messages I may sway that for you if you like third person better.
2. I would appreciate it if you could avoid one-liners. usually I like AT LEAST 3 - 4 lines or even longer if you can manage. that being said, I'm not going to get mad at you and stop the roleplay just because a reply is maybe a little short. i get it, sometimes we blank and don't know what to write. it happens :)
3. PLEASE don't make a character that is super over powered and just cannot die, and cannot be hit and is basically a tank. remember, even though they have abilities, the people in this universe are still HUMAN. which means they poop and pee like the rest of us peasants.
4. if at any point you take a break from the roleplay, like, to sleep or to go eat dinner, pwease tell me cause I don't like thinking I'm being ignored :C.
5. You can do as much swearing as you like. trust me, i swear plenty.

If you'd like to do this roleplay with me, leave your kik in the reply section.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back