• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fushigi Yuugi: ( Antagonists WANTED)

Finally finished my CS

Member Username: Shin Positron Laser

Times Available: Monday to Sunday 3pm to 9pm Bits in between.

How many posts in a day and/or week: 1 per day, 6 per week

Roleplays you are part of: Seeking Echoes | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Particular Gender?: Male

What interested you from this interest check?: N/A

What would you want the GM to add to this RP? As GM I will do whatever I can to make an inspiring story.

Character Picture:
GenshoTPJ2_zpsea62298a.jpg

Character Role:
Genbu Warrior

Character Name: Gensho

Character Age: 27

Four God Representative: Genbu

Character symbol: Emptiness

Symbol Location: The back of the Left Hand

Celestial Power: Life Force Sensing: Different from sensing Ki of Mana, life force sensing is the ability to perceive that which creates, maintains and breeds life and lifeforms. This allows Gensho to pinpoint anyone he has encountered before or search for particular individuals.

Celestial Artifact: Sword of Salvation: A blade that cannot cut due to a dull edge. The blade itself is not made of steel or iron but has the texture of polished marble. Though not suited to deal death blows or incisions like a normal sword, it has a high resistance to both Ki and Mana when used defensively.

Weapon of choice: Khakkhara: AKA monks staff. A copper staff coated with a thin gold layer. It is 6ft long and has 4 sounding rings. Weighs in about 10 lbs.

Elemental Affinity: Wind and Water

Physical Appearance

Height: 6'0"

Weight: 186 lbs

Hair: Color is white, length to about the chin in most parts.

Eyes: Yellow

Body: Broad Shoulders, Trained upper body, strong core and a sturdy lower body

Clothing:

Overcoat: A dark green overcoat that reaches just below the knees

Armor: Special leather covered metal armor is worn under his overcoat. Built to resist Ki. He also has a shoulder guard for his right hand which can be extended using magic.

Scarf: A lilac colored scarf, Symbol of a wayist.

Sash: His Amethyst Sash is decorated with autumn colored leaves and shrubbery.

Personality:

Positive:

Respect for all life: Gensho's training as a Wayist taught him the respect for all life and that it is always a worthwhile endeavor to risk ones life for the sake of others.

Self-sacrificing: He has been taught to live a life of service on behalf of all his fellow humans.

Negative:

Cold Logic: Decisions and actions he makes are often based on logic and can be considered as uncaring in that way. Someone who always chooses the lesser of two evils, or in another sense the needs of the many over the needs of the few.

Stubborn and Haughty: Many times when he has made a wrong decision, he many times will not admit to it being that way, and will cover it up saying from his point of view it was the correct one at the time. Unfortunately to add to this, when a decision is able to be reversed and certain consequences can be relieved, his stubbornness may not let him do so.

Biography:
Gensho was one of many orphans brought up by monks of Mt. Koku Temple. Plague and Famine struck his hometown and many including his parents died due to this. The monks realized from the symbol 'emptiness' on his left hand that Gensho was a Celestial warrior of Genbu. They therefore trained the young child from an early age to become a mighty warrior honing his mind, heart, body and spirit to be of service to the priestess upon her arrival. They also taught the young man all about the Four Gods, the priestess', the celestial warriors and the history of all nations and peoples affected by this cycle. The training he received taught him to use Ki, and being a celestial warrior allowed him to easily learn to use mana.

After years of training for his role as a celestial warrior and for the priestess, Gensho set out to venture the lands in search of his fellow warriors that way they would be able to gather them together much faster upon her arrival. His travels gave him much experience and insight, especially into the political landscape of the region and the plights of the people.

Life skills:

Blacksmith: Can forge things with metals

Teacher: He teaches people about the Way and other things in life.

Herbalist: A trained herbalist in making remedies and potions.

Martial Artist: Training with a sword and staff was paramount with the Monks

List of special techniques: TBD ( To be Discovered )

Name:

Type:

Element:

Description:

[QUOTE="Shin Positron Laser]Wondering whether or not to just setup the IC thread while we wait for the others.

[/QUOTE]
Yes hahaha so that we mikos can interact before going to the other world ^-^

Member Username: @The Suspicious Eye

Times Available: Mon-Wed 8-10 am 12-1 pm and 6-10pm, Thrs-Fri 12-3pm and 7-10pm, ETZ

How many posts in a day and/or week: 3-5 per week (depends on post length requirements & investment)

Roleplays you are part of: Refer to signature.

Particular Gender?: Nope, but I have particular tastes in plot.

What interested you from this interest check? The Manga

What would you want the GM to add to this RP? Monsters, spirits, legends and subplots.

[EDIT]

Last edited by a moderator:
So here's my preliminary explaination

@The Suspicious Eye I'll be looking into your character soon.

Mana:

Source: A persons emotions

Description: Mana is the energy used to initiate magic. Mana exists as a force that permeates the world due to the influence of the Four Gods, and thus cannot be used in the Modern World. It is channeled through a persons emotions and feelings. Although mana can seem inexhaustible, as the person is the conduit to use magic, it taxes the person emotionally and overuse can lead to exhaustion and possibly death.

Users: With training, most Celestial Warriors, Miko's can use it.

Ki:

Source: The physical Condition

Description: The power from ki is derived from the physical body. The exertion of Ki as a metaphysical force can only be done through strict rigorous continual training. As it's source is the physical body itself, it can be used in the modern world. However the body cannot output more than what it is capable of using and therefore will exhaust the user to prevent further use of Ki. Ki is useless against spirits, ghosts and the like and more suited for the physical. It can be used to enhance and strengthen objects and persons.

Users: Warriors trained by Ki users, some Celestial Warriors and others.

Here's another piece of information I left out. The elemental affinities of the Four Gods and their priestess'

Genbu = Water + Wind

Byakko = Steel + Ice

Seiryu = Wood + Lightning

Suzaku = Fire + Earth

Now this does not include the Celestial Warriors. I wrote in the CS that you could choose a combination yourself of two elements.

@The Suspicious Eye

I have only one major problem with your CS. The light manipulation as the power and represented in the techniques. I'm leaving light and darkness out as elements, which is why I only gave the eight specified in the CS outline for elemental affinity.

Shin Positron Laser] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/9206-the-suspicious-eye/ said:
@The Suspicious Eye[/URL]
I have only one major problem with your CS. The light manipulation as the power and represented in the techniques. I'm leaving light and darkness out as elements, which is why I only gave the eight specified in the CS outline for elemental affinity.
O_O

What would be the elemental affinity of my healing and my nullification defense haha

[QUOTE="Koi Miazaki]O_O
What would be the elemental affinity of my healing and my nullification defense haha

[/QUOTE]
Yes, and thinking about it further, we might need to nerf the nullification defense in a certain way, because being able to nullify everything is OP. If you can think of anything let me know.

[QUOTE="The Suspicious Eye]Boop edited.

[/QUOTE]
lol I know you did not just write immortality as the celestial power. Although I have no desire to kill characters unless people want their characters to die, immortal characters are not what I was going for in this RP. Depending on your definition of immortality, either eternal life only, or being indestructible, you might as well remove regeneration and quick healing. Those two traits are actually fine, as they still imply a sense of vulnerability in a character.

I posted the IC thread and am still working on filling out the gaps.

Detailed - Fushigi Yuugi: The Wish of Sealing | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

I'm currently requesting and Q&A tab, if you have any more questions I'll try and clear things up and then store the answers over there for future reference.

While we're at it, @Koi Miazaki and @DarlingWaylonPark you can post your CS's in the Character section.

Once I write up the introduction posts you can start RPing in the Modern World, and quickly stumble upon the book of the Gods.

@Koi Miazaki[/URL] and @DarlingWaylonPark you can post your CS's in the Character section.
Once I write up the introduction posts you can start RPing in the Modern World, and quickly stumble upon the book of the Gods.
Neat! Let me post Mei's CS now in there, I'll make a post in the RP asap, hopefully by Sunday night the latest since I have work this weekend. x.x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back