• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fushigi Yuugi: ( Antagonists WANTED)

Shin Positron Laser

Guardian of the Old Ways
Fushigi Yuugi: Universe of the Four Gods

The Wish of Sealing

maxresdefault.jpg

The Priestess' of the Gods.... Their pure-hearts brought forth benevolent wishes that blessed both worlds. Over the years, many have been called to the Universe of the Four Gods to restore it to balance and prevent chaos from entering the modern world. However, the power used to render those wishes into realities have weakened the Four Gods, and their Universe threatens to unravel itself into the modern world.

Therefore it had been decided by Suzaku, Seiryu, Byakko and Genbu, that their Universe would be sealed away indefinitely to prevent such a disaster. Despite that, not all is as it seems. An even greater power lurks to upset the balance and plunge both worlds into eternal chaos.

Hi there!

We finally launched the IC and a good group of players have been gathered to start the adventure in the Universe of the Four Gods. We are looking for Active Players who would like to play a BAD GUY role in the RP. If anyone is interested please PM me so we can work out the details

General Roleplay Aspects
  • Fandom yet Original: The main aspects of the Fushigi Yuugi series, such as the Four Gods, the priestess and her warriros etc, will remain a vital part of the Roleplay. However it can be considered original in the sense that we will not be using the timeline and characters from the franchise.
  • Plots and Story: As GM and most likely participant in the RP, I will write up plot to which characters will act and respond too, thus creating the story. The changing of plots can involve the displacement of characters to another location or timeskipping. As I plan to have a character in IC, my character can be used to indicate the movement of plot as well.
  • Organization and Resources: The story will be organized into 'chapters' and such to easily keep track of what is going on. It also allows a person who has been away to catch up quickly by starting from the 'chapter' point rather than the last read post in the thread. Resources shall be categorized and cataloged for easy access to such things as, NPC's, beastiary, Q&A etc.
  • Characters and Creations: Currently I am holding out for 8-10 characters not including myself. Main characters will consist of Priestess' and their warriors. Npc's can be played out by members but most plot npc's will be done by the GM. Active members of the RP will be delegated responsibilities such as creating npc's, monsters or leading the group while the GM is away.

Even if we have 6 interested ones we can start the IC thread.

Roleplay and Posting Requirements
  • Detailed RP: This roleplay would fall under the category of Detailed, or just a little more dedication than simply casual.
  • IC Formatting: While posting in IC it will be required to have a basic heading in your post, most likely your characters name to keep things clear. Additional information can be put in the heading area, such as, date, time location etc.
  • IC posts: IC posts must have a length of at least 5 lines not including the heading parts, if applicable. As the RP is character driven it will be a little difficult to do with only 1 line. The style of writing is up to you and you may include thoughts in your post added to dialogue and narration.
  • Posting Cycle: To prevent a large gap within a timeframe due to members 1x1 because of their shared availability, A posting cycle requirement will have to be created. Members will have to wait at least 2 other members before responding to a post. This will not discourage conversation between two characters, but will increase group conversations in IC.
  • Post Editing: Due to the nature of this Fandom, certain facts and or other things may have to be curtailed for plot. Of course this may happen after a person has posted. Therefore as Gm I may have to rewrite or ask the member to edit their post accordingly. I will not change post without giving notice first.
  • Posting Frequency: Members should be able to post at least once every 1-2 days. This will give everyone enough time to reply with quality posts. This may require patience as well due to the detail level of posts and the posting cycle.

I know this may seem like a lot of rules for some, however it does limit the number of replies to those truly interested and willing to work with the regulations laid out. While Casual RP's with the freedom to post anything may last longer than other RP's, it has been my experience that boundaries challenge the imagination and yield awesome Stories.

Personal info and Character Sheet.

Hopefully you have read everything else above and are still resolved to join and meet the challenge. If so, I present you with the CS which you may work on until I open the IC thread. Please do not submit your CS's here, but you may express interest in which roles you would like to play so I can get an idea of what we will start off with.

Currently we will need at least 1 Priestess. Though it is possible to have 2 priestess' to start off with. The choice of Gods available will be Seiryu the Eastern God and Genbu the Northern God. All other main characters will be warriors of the Priestess'.

Member Character Sheet:

Anything in the brackets are just examples or detailed explanations.

Member Username: ( WEIRDO )

Times Available: ( Mon-Fri 4-7 am, -6 gmt etc )

How many posts in a day and/or week: ( 1 per day/ 5 per week, does not have to be exact )

Roleplays you are part of: ( Add link pls. 2 if possible )

Particular Gender?:

What interested you from this interest check? ( The picture )

What would you want the GM to add to this RP? ( time travel and political meltdowns )

Character Picture: ( Only condition is no Realistic, anime clip art, fanart, personal are cool )

Character Role: ( Miko/ Senshi )

Character Name: ( Tamahome 2.0 )

Character Age: ( Miko 18+ / Senshi 10+ )

Four God Representative: ( Genbu or Seiryu at this time )

Occupation: ( Miko = Modern day occupation/ Senshi= Occupation inside the 4 Gods universe. )

Character symbol: ( Pls use link to choose symbol )

Symbol Location: ( Back of the knee )

Celestial Power: ( Very particular powers gifted to that particular warrior. e.g. Super strength, healing, knowledge acquisition etc )

Celestial Artifact: ( When a Celestial Warrior is awakened by the priestess' a special celestial artifact will reveal itself. DOES NOT HAVE TO BE A WEAPON. )

Weapon of choice: ( if applicable. )

Elemental Affinity: ( Choose a combination of 2 from Fire, Water, Wind, Earth. Steel, Ice, Wood or Lightning. )

Physical Appearance ( Optional )

• Fill in
  • Fill in
  • Fill in
  • Fill in etc.

Personality: ( 2 benevolent qualities and 2 malevolent qualities. explain in detail )

Biography: ( 10 lines minimum )

Life skills: ( hunting, cooking, tracking, artistry, dancing, capentry, etc etc etc )

List of special techniques: ( minimum 2. Please follow format outline.)

Name: ( Battle cry or name of technique )

Type: ( Mana or Ki )

Element: ( Choose from the combination in your elemental affinity )

Description: ( Be colorful but not out of this world, you may draw inspiration from the Fushigi yuugi universe )

Other: ( Maybe I forgot something important. )

Last edited by a moderator:
I would love to grab the role of the Priestess of Seiryu if that's alright? I love this series and I'm definitely interested!

Sent CS and I don't know if it's good haha

Tell me if I have to change anything. I hope we get more rpers ^_^

Shin Positron Laser]Welcome! The role is yours. You may start working on the CS like [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/11645-koi-miazaki/ said:
@Koi Miazaki[/URL] has done.
Thank you so much! ^.^ I'll work on it tonight and get it to you asap!

[QUOTE="The Suspicious Eye]Oh wow.... I love Fushigi Yuugi. What must I do? Where must I go? Who shall I sacrifice to get into this.

[/QUOTE]
Excellent! As long as you're okay with everything laid out in the first post you can start filling out your CS. Unfortunately, the 2 Priestess roles are now taken, we're looking to fill in the Celestial Warrior positions!

[QUOTE="Shin Positron Laser]Excellent! As long as you're okay with everything laid out in the first post you can start filling out your CS. Unfortunately, the 2 Priestess roles are now taken, we're looking to fill in the Celestial Warrior positions!

[/QUOTE]
Awesome, will do, quick question how many characters can 1 person have(main rather than npc)?

[QUOTE="The Suspicious Eye]Awesome, will do, quick question how many characters can 1 person have(main rather than npc)?

[/QUOTE]
I want to try to keep main characters 1 per member. NPC's are another thing, but we'll get to that later.

Here is my CS:

Member Username: DarlingWaylonPark

Times Available: Tues-Sat evenings/nights between 8:30pm-midnight; Sunday and Monday all day up to midnight.

How many posts in a day and/or week: 1-3 posts per day, more if time permits.

Roleplays you are part of: Casual - The Dark Brotherhood~ | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum [Currently not started yet]

Casual - Don't Go Out After Dark | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum [started but I'm finishing my character sheet before I post]

Particular Gender?: Female

What interested you from this interest check? The theme [Fushigi Yuugi]

What would you want the GM to add to this RP? Seeing the Gods as humans and plenty of battles

Character Picture: [Done by me in Rinmarugames]

MeiLin%20Sung%20Priestess%20of%20Seriyu_zps3fsvue9i.jpg

Character Role: Miko

Character Name: Mei-Lin Sung

Character Age: 19

Four God Representative: Seiryu

Occupation: Student at The Central Academy of Drama in her hometown of Beijing, in the Dongcheng District. To make money, she works at a coffee shop.

Elemental Affinity: Wood and Lightning

Physical Appearance ( Optional )

Height: 5'3''

Weight: 120 lbs.

Hair: Black

Eyes: Colbalt Blue

Body type: Slender with a bit more curve in her hips

Personality: Mei-Lin is hard working and loyal to her family and friends. She is determined to never give up on her dreams and she is very dependable and reliable to those close to her. Whenever someone is in trouble, Mei-Lin will be there to defend them, and if family or friends are involved, she can become overprotetive over them.

On the flip side, she can be selfish and is quick to anger. Being a theater student, she always strives to be in the spotlight, on and off stage, and always seems to pretend she's the star of a play or a movie in the real world, which leads her to daydream often and not pay attention to what she's doing-only being way too into herself. Also, she has a short fuse when it comes to her temper, and almost anything can set her off. This can also bleed into her impatience with people and things around her, or the situation in general.

Biography: Mei-Lin was born on April 4th, 1996 (in the Chinese year of the Rat) in Beijing, China. She lived with her mother, father and younger brother until the age of eighteen when she moved out to live in the dorms of the performing arts college in order to persue her dream to become a stage singer and actress. She loved to perform as a child, and was inherently good at it from the get-go. To make extra money, she is working as a Barista in a coffee shop not too far from her college. She is a big dreamer and a hard worker, often thinking she's too good for the job she holds and wants more out of life.

She loves her family very much, going to visit them for festivals and holidays. She also yearns to find her "one true love" someday and have a fairy tale wedding, one she planned since the age of ten. While she dreams and sometimes acts like a child, she knows when to be serious and can get the job done quickly and efficiently. Currently, she is the supporting lead in her play which she feels isn't good enough for her, and she beats herself up mentally for not trying hard enough to be the star of the show. She hopes that one day, she will find the role of a lifetime, where she can be the main attraction.

Life skills: Cooking, cleaning, singing, acting, dancing, proficient speaker and writer.

List of special techniques:

Name: Shooting Stars

Type: Mana

Element: Lightning and Wood

Description: Forming a sturdy wooden bow made of oak and arrows created from lightning itself, she can shoot up to two arrows at a time at her enemy and shock them, burning them from the inside out.

Name: Splinter Bolts

Type: Mana

Element: Lightning and Wood

Description: Sharp wooden spikes or stakes are coated in an electric current, up to ten can be summoned at one time. This can stun up to ten enemies for fifteen seconds, or if all hit one single enemy, they could be defeated but it isn't a guarantee.

Other: N/A

Member Username: Koi Miazaki

Times Available: Mon-Friday 6am-2pm, Saturday-Sunday 8am-10m UTC+8:00

How many posts in a day and/or week: 4-6 posts a week

Roleplays you are part of:
Casual - MBTI Personality Debate Club (Open and Accepting) | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Particular Gender?: Female

What interested you from this interest check? Because I'm currently craving for a fandom rp with romance. Also, if it's from a series I'm familiar with. I like Fushigi Yuugi a lot. So I decided to sign up.

What would you want the GM to add to this RP? Very interesting turn out of events that would get the story moving, strong antagonist that would make me shake with fear

Character Picture:

Character Role: Miko (Priestess)

Character Name: Koi Miazaki

Character Age: 18

Four God Representative: Genbu

Character symbol: Symbol of Genbu

Symbol Location: Forehead

Celestial Power: Nullification

Celestial Artifact: Sacred Bracelet

Weapon of choice: N/A

Elemental Affinity: Light

Physical Appearance:

A female with a very soft skin that almost seemed like she had never worked that much in her life

She has small hands

She has a long hair going down to her waist

Her hair is light brown

Her eyes are wide and shiny

Her cheeks and lips are naturally pinkish in color

Personality:

Her MBTI personality type is ENFP. That means that she is bubbly, imaginative, a little weird, enthusiastic, and with a bit of childish exploration. She seems to have her own world and she gets easily excited. She's very extroverted and spontaneous and tend to converse with people with a touchy feeling whether it be a stranger or a close friend. She doesn't like serious things and wants to have fun. Despite all of that, she's not a party-animal and she's rather shy.

Biography:

Koi is a girl who grew up from a happy middle-class family. She was an only child. Though they weren't rich, her loving family made it possible to have her cared for as if they were rich. Because of this, Koi is not that familiar or experienced with the practical and dark side of life such as chores, life tasks, crimes, etc. Her hobbies include singing (particularly musicals), and learning different languages and cultures. After she graduated from college, she immediately took her chance to be a part of a musical play in which she is currently enjoying herself in. Koi never had any boyfriend in her life because she gets really awkward when it comes to serious stuff. Ironically, she's a hopeless romantic.

Life skills: Singing, World Languages, Inventing random songs, Drawing

List of special techniques:

Name: Nullification

Type: Passive

Element: N/A

Description: Techniques done directly to her are nulled or doesn't have an effect on her (e.g. Hypnotism, Illusion, Body being controlled)

Name: Heal

Type: Ki

Element: Light

Description: She is able to heal once a day. However, she is not able to raise the dead.

Other: Her favorite expression is "Oh my shocks!!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
Koi Miazaki]Ooh both priestess loves plays xD That's interesting ^_^ [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/21955-shin-positron-laser/ said:
@Shin Positron Laser[/URL]

Btw, are you going to take on a main role too? :)
Yeah I found that pretty surprising they were similar in that respect.

Yes, I'll be playing as a Genbu Celestial Warrior, I'll most likely play the role similar to the character Chichiri, sort of the big brother of the group, knowledgeable about the world and all that, which makes it easier for me to introduce plot of change of events while in IC. That being said, the next warrior with be with Seiryu, and back and forth until we got more members and later down the road ( hopefully ) we get more miko's and such things.

[QUOTE="Koi Miazaki]Ooh both priestess loves plays xD
That's interesting ^_^

[/QUOTE]
Yea, they'll have a lot to talk about! X3

[QUOTE="Shin Positron Laser]Yeah I found that pretty surprising they were similar in that respect.
Yes, I'll be playing as a Genbu Celestial Warrior, I'll most likely play the role similar to the character Chichiri, sort of the big brother of the group, knowledgeable about the world and all that, which makes it easier for me to introduce plot of change of events while in IC. That being said, the next warrior with be with Seiryu, and back and forth until we got more members and later down the road ( hopefully ) we get more miko's and such things.

[/QUOTE]
Got it :)

Cant wait to see your CS ^_^

[QUOTE="Koi Miazaki]Ikr haha she can teach Koi how to act coz Koi can't act naturally lol
This would be great! :D

[/QUOTE]
Actually, I was thinking of doing the beginning Miaka and Yui style. Since they both have the same interest in acting art and drama. That way they can have this basis of a relationship before getting into the Universe of the Four Gods

Users who are viewing this thread

Back