• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Fushigi Yuugi: ( Antagonists WANTED)

DarlingWaylonPark said:
Neat! Let me post Mei's CS now in there, I'll make a post in the RP asap, hopefully by Sunday night the latest since I have work this weekend. x.x
No worries, I still have to approve some CS's and make the intro posts before anyway. This gives me time xD

Member Character Sheet.

Member Username: QuirkyAngel

Times Available: Varies, but usually everyday at around 9pm-11pm PST

How many posts in day/week: 2-3 per week.

Rps I’m a part of: Hunter x Hunter: the Unseen, Naruto Rebirth: Kakureyami

Particular gender?

None, I can rp both genders.

What interested you about the interest check?

The fandom.

What would you want the gm to add to this rp?

Interesting plot, villains, and npcs.

th

Character Role: Celestial Warrior

Character Name: Tomo/Kailai Wen.

Four God Representative: Seiryuu​

Occupation: He is the Imperial Librarian of Kutou(runs the royal library) and is a tutor to the youngest prince of the Kutou Empire.

Character symbol:
Root

Symbol Location: Back of neck.

Celestial Powers: Tomo can speak to animals and has great affinity with them.

Celestial Artifact: Ring of the Caged Dragon—A silver ring with a blue gem at the center that augments his celestial powers and allows him to deepen his connection with animals. Using the powers boosted by the ring, he is able to merge his spirit with the animal of his choice so that he and his animal companion are able to fight as one—he can see through the eyes of the animal, feel what it feels, etc. When doing that, Tomo enters a state where he gains increased strength, speed, and senses. He may also gain temporary characteristics of the animal he merged with.

Weapon of choice:
A regular Chinese, double-edged straight sword.

Elemental Affinity: Earth and Steel.

Physical Appearance: Tomo is 5’9’’ tall and weighs 140lbs. He has fair skin, dark-brown, waist-length hair, and brown eyes. His body shape is lean, but not especially muscular due to the fact that he spends more time than in the library than sword practice. He prefers casual clothing and often wears his hair in a loose ponytail. His favorite color is red.

Personality: Tomo has a very easy-going personality even as a child. He rarely gets angry and insults flow off him like water. Tomo would rather talk than fight, making him quite the pacifist. He believes the pen is mightier than the sword and problems are best solved by talking things through rather than resorting to violence. His anti-war sentiments make him somewhat ostracized among his peers.

However, there are things that make him angry—such as when animals are hurt/abused—and he will not hesitate to fight when he feels it’s necessary. Tomo has a tendency to take things into his own hands. He doesn’t trust easily and would rather do things himself than rely on the help of others. In addition, Tomo is quite manipulative and has no problems lying in order to get what he wants.

Biography: Kailai is the youngest son of General Bakryuu Wen and Lady Lufei. Unlike his two older brothers, Kailai was a sickly babe when he was born and his parents feared he wouldn’t make it. Fortunately, thanks to his celestial powers manifesting, he did. His parents considered his birth a miracle since during that day, birds filled the skies and fished leaped in the water. His father had high hopes that Kailai would be a powerful warrior and the pride of the Kutou Empire.

However, Bakryuu’s fatherly hopes were dashed. Though Kailai was a healthy child and showed skill with the sword, he lacked the fighting spirit. Kailai preferred to read rather than train and enjoyed verbal battles over real ones. Kailai was often bullied by his brothers because he never fought back and preferred the company of animals to people. Worried that he would become a loner, they sent him to the palace to learn with the other children of the court at the age of 14. His high marks, and his love for books/scrolls, earned him a position as assistant to the Imperial Librarian at the age of 15. After the Librarian died, Kailai took over as the Imperial Librarian and was assigned to teach prince Homrei.

Life Skills: reading and writing, calligraphy, playing the er hu, swordsmanship, Wen Family martial arts, riding, animal care, and court etiquette.

Others: Kailai's best friend is a falcon named Senru. He grew his hair long to hide the 'root' mark on the back of his neck. The Wen Family doctor is the only one who knows Kailai is Tomo, but Kailai "convinced" him to keep to keep his silence.

Special Techniques

Name: Divine Roots

Type: Ki

Element: Earth.

Description: Stabbing the ground with his sword, Kailai sends his ki to the earth, causing thick roots to emerge and wrap around his target. So long as his sword is touching the earth, Kailai can control the direction and movement of the roots. He can make them weave together to form barriers, pull something towards him, etc.

Name: Renewal of the Wild

Type: Mana

Element: Earth

Description: Through his strong connection with animals, Kailai is able to heal an animal at the cost of his own health. He can revive it at the cost of his own life. This applies to humans and plants as well.

Name: Dance of Wen

Element: Steel

Description: Kailai sends ki through his sword, making the blade—temporarily—incredibly light and durable. He then follows with a series of blindingly fast strokes that can slice through stone.​

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Shin Positron Laser]lol I know you did not just write immortality as the celestial power. Although I have no desire to kill characters unless people want their characters to die, immortal characters are not what I was going for in this RP. Depending on your definition of immortality, either eternal life only, or being indestructible, you might as well remove regeneration and quick healing. Those two traits are actually fine, as they still imply a sense of vulnerability in a character.

[/QUOTE]
Fine, but it was more like a pick one kind of thing.

If I wanted to include all three I would have put commas in. =/

But that's the extent of my grammar rage. I'll just put in the latter.

Yuezheng.Longya.full.1535212.jpg

Character Role: Senshi

Character Name: Ashitare

Character Age: Unknown but looks around 18 to 20

Four God Representative: Seiryu

Character symbol: Ashitare

Symbol Location: Over his heart

Celestial Power: Rapid Healing

Celestial Artifact: A small coin pendant
il_570xN.482191963_6h93.jpg

Weapon of choice: Sword

Elemental Affinity: Water & Wind

Vocaloid.China.full.1535211.jpg
Physical Appearance ( Optional )

? Black and White hair

? Slim, thin figure

? Delicate face

? Has a small scar leading from the base of the skull down to his shoulder blades.

Personality:

Ashitare is naturally a gentle, peace-loving man, who is rather isolated and quiet but also very good to and caring of others. At times he is serious, kind, and noble to the people he meets.He is a good-hearted man, always doing his best to be useful. He values his friends greatly, and goes through any length to protect them and ensure a bright future.

However, he is new to this world, he is curious, gullible and open hearted. He is easily attached to those he meets, because he has so few memories of his past. Although often kind and passive in nature he is prong to sudden bursts of rage and violence. Showing extreme skill in combat and swordsmanship. All around he is a kind, gentile and warm pacifist man.

Vocaloid.China.full.1535213.jpg

Biography: ( 10 lines minimum ) He is a mystery. Having lost much of his memory, he only knows a few things about his past. He knows that he lost his mother at a young age, and that his father and sister are distant. He cannot picture or name either of his remaining kin, but knows they exist. He earliest clear memory was of the forest. He remembers walking across the dark pool of the lake daily and collecting different flora for food.

Most of all he remembers Rima, the young girl who visited him often. They became close friends and Rima told her of the world and what it was like. In return he taught her about the forest and listened to her problems. He was happier when Rima came to visit. Rima invited him to come with her to her home. He hesitantly agreed, having a slight uneasiness about him leaving the forest, but seeing the happiness on Rima's face reassured him. She promised to come for him the next day. However, the next day she didn't come by. So he waited, a day, a month, after three months he knew that something was wrong. So for the first time in years he decided to leave his forest and go out and find her.

Life skills: Tracking, identifying plants and animal life, playing music.

Vocaloid.China.600.1535221.jpg
List of special techniques:

Name: Halo

Element: Water or Wind

Description: sends a blast of, Water or Wind out in every direction. This is purely defensive in nature, not meant for massive damage, but causes quite a lot if not controlled.

Other:

Family: Has a father and a older sister he cannot name or picture.

Likes: Serenity, calmess, peace, the night, kindness, and nature/natural things.

Dislikes: being pushed to anger, cruelty, lots of fighting.

Secrets: His father is a dragon and Ashitare has a dragon form.

[QUOTE="Shin Positron Laser]Yes, and thinking about it further, we might need to nerf the nullification defense in a certain way, because being able to nullify everything is OP. If you can think of anything let me know.

[/QUOTE]
I dont think she can null everything though. Its just the (idk how to categorize them) powers that has direct impact on ur brain or controlling u or whatever haha. Like hypnotism, pheromones, anything that can control ur actions i guess. xD . But if somebody shoots fire at Koi, she'll get hurt xD

Shin Positron Laser]So here's my preliminary explaination [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/9206-the-suspicious-eye/ said:
@The Suspicious Eye[/URL] I'll be looking into your character soon.

Mana:

Source: A persons emotions

Description: Mana is the energy used to initiate magic. Mana exists as a force that permeates the world due to the influence of the Four Gods, and thus cannot be used in the Modern World. It is channeled through a persons emotions and feelings. Although mana can seem inexhaustible, as the person is the conduit to use magic, it taxes the person emotionally and overuse can lead to exhaustion and possibly death.

Users: With training, most Celestial Warriors, Miko's can use it.

Ki:

Source: The physical Condition

Description: The power from ki is derived from the physical body. The exertion of Ki as a metaphysical force can only be done through strict rigorous continual training. As it's source is the physical body itself, it can be used in the modern world. However the body cannot output more than what it is capable of using and therefore will exhaust the user to prevent further use of Ki. Ki is useless against spirits, ghosts and the like and more suited for the physical. It can be used to enhance and strengthen objects and persons.

Users: Warriors trained by Ki users, some Celestial Warriors and others.
Oh ok. Editing mine. I think Koi's healing is Mana instead of Ki

Is it still possible to join in, please...? I got nostalgic just looking at th title...

I can play any character left, I'm serious...

animegirl20 said:
oh shoot the rest of the characters have to be guys don't they?
That's a good Q & A, but no, We're not going for resverse harems here. Personally, female celestial warriors were lacking in the main series, so hopefully we can explore more about them in this original version. In short, they can be girls.

Mine said:
Is it still possible to join in, please...? I got nostalgic just looking at th title...
I can play any character left, I'm serious...
There is a ton of room left. We're currently looking for Celestial warriors for Seiryu and Genbu. They can be male or female. CS is on the first post.

[QUOTE="Koi Miazaki]I dont think she can null everything though. Its just the (idk how to categorize them) powers that has direct impact on ur brain or controlling u or whatever haha. Like hypnotism, pheromones, anything that can control ur actions i guess. xD . But if somebody shoots fire at Koi, she'll get hurt xD

[/QUOTE]
I see what you're saying. Powers that control ones action then, she can nullify all of them... okay that should be fine.

Member Username : Mine

Times Available : [Greenwich Mean Time Zone] Monday, 4 pm to 11 pm | Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday, 7 to 11 pm | Fridays-Saturdays-Sundays, 4 pm to 3 am

How many posts in a day and/or week : 3 per week minimum

Roleplays you are part of : Tokyo Panic | Midas’ Inferno

Particular Gender? : I’m more comfortable playing male roles.

What interested you from this interest check? Fushigi Yuugi. The nostalgia is strong in this one.

What would you want the GM to add to this RP? Political affairs, clashing beliefs or opinions, simply not just plain old adventure, just spice it up a bit with more “outside” and “historical” themes.

0d48978e32057ed7698c091a8b6fb944.jpg

....Order?
The Red-Eyed Snake

Character Role : Senshi

Character Name: Namame | Wei Lun

Character Age : 15

Four God Representative : Genbu

Occupation : Assassin at the service of Cau Li, a noble lord from Touran, the capital of the Hokkan Empire

Character symbol : Wall

Symbol Location :Left Collarbone

Celestial Power: Namame is able manipulate the velocity of any object, fly, cancel one’s velocity, making it freeze where it is or use velocity as a force blast of sorts and blast things away at high speeds.

55daf347710f08cb6db2141d9559294a.jpg

Celestial Artifact :Maw Earring — This golden earring carved with a small fragment of a Maw-Sit-Sit rock enhances Namame’s sense of direction by giving the ability to hear the wind, which will always lead him to where he belongs – the Priestess’s side.

Weapon of Choice : Darts attached to Red strings of Thread

Elemental Affinity : Water and Wind

Physical Appearance

· Petite Frame

· Lean, Slender Build

· Red, Ringed Eyes

· Long black hair with a long segmented pony-tail that stretches down to his ankles

· 4’6’’

· 81 lbs

Personality : An emotional change causes certain muscles in the face to tense, producing an "expression". Namame is expressionless but is it that he doesn't feel emotion, he is merely unable to express it. This young male has an extraordinarily stoic and introverted personality, preferring simple body language rather than speaking. Growing up in complete isolation, he has almost no social skills whatsoever. He is very quiet and hardly ever speaks, usually replying to questions with nods and gestures, or just blank, awkward stares. When prompted to speak, he does so in a very poor dialect and a poor vocabulary, always speaking in a monotone and displaying a dispassionate expression. Aloof and reserved, Namame is a quiet and tranquil male, who seems to not share the same dimension most people around them are and preferring simple body language rather than speaking. Tending to overthink, he spends a lot of time staring blankly into space, as if he is ignoring others, when in fact he is paying attention to what they are saying and pondering over their words. As such, he is often misunderstood and many tend to avoid his presence, as they feel intimidated by his long, quiet stare. He also is a rather judgmental individual, easily ticked by tings most people wouldn't. He does not say it to others though, as he finds it hard to just blurt out words duo to his crude speaking skills.

19391787094024a78bdcb5538bf9c69b.jpg

He also can be described as eccentric, given his seemingly tastes for fashion and food, as well as some of his occasional habits, such as braiding his hair when he needs to remember something or hugging his knees and rolling on the floor when he is trying to pass time. He is completely unflappable and rarely seems anxious or under stress, never allowing himself to get stuck. One of his quirks is his naive and almost child-like nature towards women or other subject he is not familiar with. Once faced with something that surprisingly inflicts embarrassment within him, he is prone to blushing and embarrassment, having the habit of turning his face away or simply flee from sight. He also portraits a rather animalistic behavior towards others and is not able to realize what kind of conventions he is breaking by doing so. Sometimes it seems as if he doesn't know what embarrassment is, having no problem saying embarrassing lines or stripping if someone asks him to, seeing no point in having complexes towards his or someone's body. Such traits hide away a more timid and awkward side to Namame, that goes beyond his cold-hearted and indifferent façade.

Biography : Though most of his past is shrouded in mystery, there are those who are familiar with the story of the one known as the Red-Eyed Snake, more specifically within the estate of the Cau clan. Namame’s parents have been out of the picture since he could barely even walk, leaving him to never grow any attachment to them as a memory in the past. Shipped into an orphanage at a very young age, with his small figure, and his "weird" personality, he always had a knack for trouble both opening up to others with people and to not get into violent conflicts, being victim of discrimination ever since he could remember. Because Namame had no friends to speak of, he would consider stray cats and plants to be his only company, the only ones who would not shun him nor force him to speak. His fate took a turn as he found himself noticed by a man in red, expensive vests who, by pinting a finger at him, would forever seal his existence as the violent yet unbreakable snake he was. Namame, now given the name of Wei Lun, as his master would look away in disgust at the character of Wall carved in his body, began his life as an assassin for the head of the clan, posing as his servant of sorts. Instructed since he was a child to not show any mercy nor let his emotions cloud his judgement, he would become what he is now, forever bound to his fate as a mere pawn to the grand scheme of things...

Life Skills :

· Hunting

· Tracking

· Assassination

· Survival

· Hand-to-Hand Combat

0f6af6d9862274fb116f7c071a40e61b.jpg

List of Special Techniques :

Name : Red Snakes of Despair

Element : Wind

Description: This technique enables Namame to manipulate wires of red thread, capable of trapping his opponents and preventing them from making any movement, incapacitating their chances of fleeing, moving from a high location to another in great speed or killing his target by strangling or hanging them,

Name : Mantle of the Executioner

Element : Water

Description : This techniques makes Namame able to generate fog, blinding his foes from hi sight and thus, making it easier for him to catch them off-guard and attacking them.

@Shin Positron Laser

Hi! This is Ryuko. Koi's sister. Sorry I don't have private messaging yet because I'm still new. So Koi said to profile here. Tell me if anything needs to be changed. Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member Username: Ryuko Seiko

Times Available: Mon-Friday 7am-9am; 10pm-11pm, Saturday-Sunday 4pm-11pm UTC+8:00

How many posts in a day and/or week: 3 posts a week

Roleplays you are part of: None atm

Particular Gender?: Any

What interested you from this interest check? Fushigi Yuugi fandom

What would you want the GM to add to this RP? Plot twist & villains

Character Picture:

opyeu0.jpg

Character Name: Midou

Character Age: 19

Four God Representative: Genbu

Character symbol: Encampment / Hatsui

Symbol Location: Above the wrist of the right arm

Celestial Power: Appearance and single skill imitation

Celestial Artifact: An Ancient handy mirror framed using amber stones, having a turtle like design on each horizontal sides. It has a braided leather lace on top as the handle, slightly similar to the chain attached to a hand watch.

Weapon of choice: Shuriken, Throwable metal claws

Elemental Affinity: Wind and Lightning

Physical Appearance:

• His height is 5"5 ft
  • Slender
  • Sharp eyes
  • White fair skin
  • Dark haired

Personality:

To the eyes of others, Midou seemed like a laid back person because he doesn't want to waste energy on things he is not approve of, irrelevant, or a waste of time. He is a silent type who only talks when he needs to. He values his inner peace and energy. Although, he may look cold on the outside, he is approachable but only shows his gentleness to his pet hawk, animals, and to people he finds dear. He likes to play his Ehru and to paint. When he becomes accustomed with the people around him, he could also be naughty, mischievous, and more active.

Biography:

Midou is an only child of his late parents and lives in a province. When he was young, his parents discovered that he is destined to be a celestial warrior, so they forced him to learn how to fight to protect the upcoming maiden. He is very passive and dislike violence. He'd rather pick up his brush and paint. But being obedient, he did finish and master his ninja training. He also learned to develop his special techniques. In his early teen, he loved a girl who is an avid admirer of his artistic skills and supports him even on unfortunate events. She is the person who gave him his pet hawk named Passaro. They begin hanging out but it was too late when he noticed that the only person he gave his all for was unfaithful to him. As a result, he did not want to do give his all out support on things he finds not worth it. His former girlfriend was caught in a village fire and died on the day they broke up. Because his father was summoned in a war and never returned and his mother died due to a severe disease, the grandparents of his late girlfriend adopted him and taught him how to hunt and to make herbal medicines. He grew up with them until this day and treats them as his own parents. He now uses his artistic and hunting skills to support his new family.

Life skills: Painting, Wood and Metal carving, Hunting, Ninja skills, Basic alternative medication, and playing the Ehru, an ancient chinese violin.

Name: Hansha (Appearance Imitation)

Element: Wind

Description: He could only imitate one individuals appearance and voice at a time. The copy could take effect if the person's name was written on his arm using the individual's blood. This could be removed if the name was erased or smudged.

Name: Huibao (Skill acquisition)

Description: A single skill can be acquired when he is hit with the special technique of a single opponent. He will have the power to use the opponent's special technique for an hour when it will wear out. This is overwritten when a new skill hits him. However, if the same skill clashes him the second time, the skill will be removed and is ready to be gained when he is hit again.

Other: Most of Midou's weapons have chains making it able for him to pull it back.

Ryuko Seiko] [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/21955-shin-positron-laser/ said:
@Shin Positron Laser[/URL]
Hi! This is Ryuko. Koi's sister. Sorry I don't have private messaging yet because I'm still new. So Koi said to profile here. Tell me if anything needs to be changed. Thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Member Username: Ryuko Seiko

Times Available: Mon-Friday 7am-9am; 10pm-11pm, Saturday-Sunday 4pm-11pm UTC+8:00

How many posts in a day and/or week: 3 posts a week

Roleplays you are part of: None atm

Particular Gender?: Any

What interested you from this interest check? Fushigi Yuugi fandom

What would you want the GM to add to this RP? Plot twist & villains

Character Picture:

opyeu0.jpg

Character Name: Midou

Character Age: 19

Four God Representative: Genbu

Character symbol: Encampment / Hatsui

Symbol Location: Above the wrist of the right arm

Celestial Power: Appearance and single skill imitation

Celestial Artifact: An Ancient handy mirror framed using amber stones, having a turtle like design on each horizontal sides. It has a braided leather lace on top as the handle, slightly similar to the chain attached to a hand watch.

Weapon of choice: Shuriken, Throwable metal claws

Elemental Affinity: Wind and Lightning

Physical Appearance:

• His height is 5"5 ft
  • Slender
  • Sharp eyes
  • White fair skin
  • Dark haired

Personality:

To the eyes of others, Midou seemed like a laid back person because he doesn't want to waste energy on things he is not approve of, irrelevant, or a waste of time. He is a silent type who only talks when he needs to. He values his inner peace and energy. Although, he may look cold on the outside, he is approachable but only shows his gentleness to his pet hawk, animals, and to people he finds dear. He likes to play his Ehru and to paint. When he becomes accustomed with the people around him, he could also be naughty, mischievous, and more active.

Biography:

Midou is an only child of his late parents and lives in a province. When he was young, his parents discovered that he is destined to be a celestial warrior, so they forced him to learn how to fight to protect the upcoming maiden. He is very passive and dislike violence. He'd rather pick up his brush and paint. But being obedient, he did finish and master his ninja training. He also learned to develop his special techniques. In his early teen, he loved a girl who is an avid admirer of his artistic skills and supports him even on unfortunate events. She is the person who gave him his pet hawk named Passaro. They begin hanging out but it was too late when he noticed that the only person he gave his all for was unfaithful to him. As a result, he did not want to do give his all out support on things he finds not worth it. His former girlfriend was caught in a village fire and died on the day they broke up. Because his father was summoned in a war and never returned and his mother died due to a severe disease, the grandparents of his late girlfriend adopted him and taught him how to hunt and to make herbal medicines. He grew up with them until this day and treats them as his own parents. He now uses his artistic and hunting skills to support his new family.

Life skills: Painting, Wood and Metal carving, Hunting, Ninja skills, Basic alternative medication, and playing the Ehru, an ancient chinese violin.

Name: Hansha (Appearance Imitation)

Description: He could only imitate one individuals appearance and voice at a time. The copy could take effect if the person's name was written on his arm using the individual's blood. This could be removed if the name was erased or smudged.

Name: Huibao (Skill acquisition)

Description: A single skill can be acquired when he is hit with the special technique of a single opponent. He will have the power to use the opponent's special technique for an hour when it will wear out. This is overwritten when a new skill hits him. However, if the same skill clashes him the second time, the skill will be removed and is ready to be gained when he is hit again.

Other: Most of Midou's weapons have chains making it able for him to pull it back.
Great, Welcome! Your CS is approved.

We finally launched the IC and a good group of players have been gathered to start the adventure in the Universe of the Four Gods. We are looking for Active Players who would like to play a BAD GUY role in the RP. If anyone is interested please PM me so we can work out the details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back