• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Fuel For The New Age (fantasy/steampunk idea

ThatGuyWithSouvlaki

Lucky Laki Malakis
Name is still pending but i think I like this one. Anyways hey all thanks for reading this and hope you will join me in this little idea of mine: So we have your classic high fantasy world with elves, dwarves, orcs, half dragoms and more importantly magic. Center of these world is Alissian Empire a federation of states, similar to that of the elder scrolls series, once ruled by a magical oligarchy. To be able to wield magic within the empire should have status. Colleges of magics were prestigious center of learning research and philosophy. Wizards and witches were sought for guidance and wisdom while grand or master wizards ruled the states. There were always naysayers and haters of magic but magic ruled and peace was kept.

However things change as they bound to be magic was abused for personal power and a dictator ruled with an iron fist. A resistance movement was formed and the leader was deposed. A new government was formed a new religion spread, one of anti magic and creatures connected to magic. Magic was soon outlawed and any mage users were exiled or disappeared after arrest. At the same a new industrial age has come, one of steam and muskets and those born or come from magic have become fewer. In this new world a new conflict is brewing one of magic and tech and we decide which decides the empires future.

Well that's the idea, hope I explained correctly. Feel free to ask questions and comment below.

[QUOTE="Thane Korino]would you mind mentioning said creatures (or examples) just to be clear?

[/QUOTE]
We have your standard fantasy races for example and maybe a few mythological creatures: griffins, centaurs. That sort of thing.

This is quite similar to a thread I made when I first came on here. If you'd like to see it to get any ideas, feel free to go ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back