• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Graded [Frontier] Underground Journey with Ratkin

Todo Sawl

Well, odd place odd answer. Not like he was going to assume he'd get any different from a litteral rat person barman. But... Well... In truth he was already asking him to help with two rowdy patrons. Seeing two rats squabbly and fight was... Making him uncertain if he should interfere, but... With his machina outside, he had to do it by hand.

Well, time to bring out the bad cop, err, pig, same thing.

He stepped his way over and watched the two for a second, and then with a snatch he grabbed them, one in each hand by the body rather than the tail(He didn't want to hurt the little ones!) "Now now you two calm down i'm sure you can do at least that." He tried speaking calmly, but... Woth the fact he was roughly 30x their size and 60x their weight might not have come out that way.

"Take it outside or bury the hachet, Barta warned you once, don't you make him ask twice, get out or behave." He put on his best dad voice, hoping it would work... Abit...

He had a mead... err... Whole damn jar of honey to deal with... Seriously what the hell was with this place... And the steak sticks were mostly just thin cutlets! Sure, good size for ratkin maybe but it just made him wish for.... For...

By god...

Why hadn't he thought of that before... He was no five star chef but... If he could get the stuff together for it, get it in a cart he could... With how magic works he...

But how in hell would he get a magical deep fryer?

Maybe... Maybe Barta would know. At lrast he was thinking that, holding the two still and planting them nearby the door to make their diecision.

"Deep fryer... A grill is easy, charcoal, maybe a pot with a charcoal burner? An ovens easy enough for buns if... How long has it been since i've had a burger! Fries even!" Hr was starting to think outloud now. "Those cow sticks, cut em up abit mote and you got easy skewers, just need veg!

Gods, whys it all coming to me now?!" The pigman looked to be filling with arcane knowledge now... He... He just needed equipment, maybe a wagon to support it all? The Machina could pull the cart even!

Oden (#ACA9A7)

8d491482b176d554d15e03d22091dab0.jpg

Todo | Oden | Desmond
The old owl pondered the bartender's casual remarks carefully, wondering if it was due to Barta's influence that led to these ratkin being so carefree towards the presence of outsiders. Still, it was truly an oddly stark difference between these ratkins' reactions, and those that had scattered outside. Were these folk truly just more courageous than those outside? Perhaps it was mainly mercenary folk that frequented the tavern? Or perhaps all these ratkin were just inebriated like the ones they first met? Who knows, it was hard to judge. Oden didn't quite enjoy staring at their lack of clothing either, so she simply shook such wandering thoughts away.

At the response to her second question, Oden felt that the idea of ingredient gatherers being sent out made sense, but that led to only more curiosity. Where did they gather from or rather, who did they steal from? To feed such a large population consistently, there was no way they could just conveniently find a forest of ripe vegetables for the picking, and dozens of wild cows to slaughter every month. The idea that she was acquainting herself with raiders was an odd one, but Oden wasn't too morally bothered. She was never of the particularly righteous sort anyway.

With some new information to mull over mentally, Oden was quite satisfied, especially once the steaming cow sticks were brought out. The pitter patter of footsteps inside had alerted the old owl of the arrival of food before it even arrived, with her head bobbing around as she watched the doorway. Though an owl's sense of smell wasn't the best, the food looked particularly appetizing to Oden, who's pupils dilated as a low hoot escaped from her throat before she stopped herself. Hm. For an old lady to get so excited about food, it really goes to show how hungry she was huh. She could somewhat understand why those little owlings would always pester her to have her meals now, since even she was unaware of her hunger pangs.

Her left wing still ached slightly from the collision with the landslide earlier, but even then she couldn't stop herself from gingerly picking up a piece of meat, before finally noticing Desmond out of the corner of her eye. Those shining innocent eyes, cautiously clenched little claws and pleading tone immediately melted the old owl's heart, as she took a napkin and split the serving of cow sticks in two. "Of course, Desmond." She replied with a smile, pushing the half on the napkin towards the raptor.

"Sorry, I didn't get a chance to respond earlier, but yes you are a very fierce and awesome Deinonychian, my little cousin." Oden mimicked the pronunciation of that big word he used to describe himself, as well as his term of address towards her. She wasn't sure why he referred to her as a distant cousin, and Oden almost instinctively thought he was trying to pry clan ties from her, but she didn't believe this strange little raptor would think in such a way and let her thoughts ease.

The bar fight Barta had mentioned seemed to be quickly sorted out by their fellow companion, Todo, before he started muttering to himself as if he had received some sort of divine revelation. She wasn't sure what he was going on about as she slowly trotted on over, but she was thankful that he lifted his hands and sorted out the mess so they didn't have to. "Thank you Todo. Cow stick?" She offered tentatively, vaguely recalling him mentioning the food, holding a strip of beef up for him to take.

If you give food to one child, you should give food to them all. Oden chuckled lightly to herself at the thought.

Skyhunter Skyhunter Develius Develius Orikanyo Orikanyo

1675088020798.png
1675088040433.png

Barta
1675088078715.png

" Ah hello there, little chicken. " Barta smiled at Desmond, " If you need something, let me know. " Barta shot a finger at him along with a wink and a smile, one of his teeth was made of gold Desmond would notice. Although as Desmond was begging for one of Oden's Cow Sticks, he would hear a whisper next to him. Looking under the counter of the bar they were at. Desmond would see a smaller ratkin wearing only a loincloth and looking rather aneroxic and his face sunken. He had patches of fur missing but had these big eyes staring at Desmond, " Hey...! You're that big chicken everyone has been talking about! I hear Mousker stole your possession. But you wanna try some of that Night Eye? " The ramshackle looking Ratkin was holding a small, crumpled piece of paper. He was beckoning for Desmond to come towards him.

As Todo was holding the two near naked Ratkin, they both looked at him as the other surrounding Rats backed away and watched this big pig pick up these constantly squabbling rats up. The other surrounding Ratkin all looked at each other before following after Todo. " Did this oversized roast just pick us up? " One of the naked rats asked the other squabbling Rat who was looking at the other, " Yea, he just did! " They both then nodded to each other, ignoring what Todo had just said. When Todo placed the two down, they continued to stare at each other before whispering to each other. The small crowd of Ratkin followed after Todo after what he just did, staring at him and following. Not saying anything to him as they watched with awe and curiosity. Barta was smiling at Todo. " Thank you for dealing with that. They can get really rowdy. Always arguing and bickering about their mates. Funnily enough, their mates sleep with the other male. Weird stuff honestly but I don't think they quite understand it yet. " Barta laughed a bit before he pulled out a jar from under the counter and placed it on the bar top in front of Todo. It was another honey pot. " Here, for helping me, Mr. Pig. " Although just as Todo received his jar of honey, there was fast footsteps approaching behind him. Todo would feel two bodies jump onto his back, " 'Ere you go, Mr. Piggy Pig Pig! " Todo would feel two pairs wrap around his neck before Todo was pulled backwards onto the floor behind him. Todo would then see the two rats he tried to get rid of climb onto him and begin to hit and punch him. These two were strong enough to pull a bigger pig down.

The small crowd of ratkin then began to jump up onto Todo and hitting him as well, with Todo now being jumped by around fifteen Ratkin. " Oh, what the hell! " Barta yelled looking at the scene. Harlow looked over at what was happening and quickly hopped up and sprint over to Todo, kicking about three of them off of Todo. " Todo! Get up, brotha! " Harlow was smiling, this was kinda fun. About six of the Ratkin on Todo jumped onto Harlow now knocking him over beginning to beat on him too. Barta rolled his eyes then slammed his hand on the countertop before he jumped up onto the bar top and jumped into the fight, " Knock it off you fools! " Barta kicked one off of Todo before grabbing another Ratkin and beginning to fight them. Now all chaos was breaking out.

cQBtQqT.png

Mentions:
| Skyhunter Skyhunter (Ratfolk) | Orikanyo Orikanyo (Todo) | SilverFeathers SilverFeathers (Oden) |

Desmond could barely contain himself as the cow stick was slowly pushed under his drooling snout. Giving a short whiff at the contents before him, his wide-eyed stare glanced back at Oden as if she had just saved him from starving. "Thhhhhhank youz~!" the Deinonychian thanked graciously in a slow but ecstatic, before his suspense couldn't be held back anymore. His mouth snapped at the cow stick, before lifting his head and gobbled it up in one swift motion; swallowing it whole. Delicious! Or maybe it was OK, but for Desmond it didn't matter. Licking his chops, the raptor would then hear Oden complimenting him on being a "fierce and awesome" cousin; even saying the name of his own species with relative accuracy. He couldn't help but blush at the owl's statement, emitting a "purr" before hiding his blushing face behind one of his wings. "Awww shdhghehshh," Desmond sputtered embarrassingly, feeling warm and fuzzy underneath his dense coat, "Y-Youz mean it? Truly?"

Surely she had to have been.

Regardless, Desmond bowed at Oden with a toothy grin before giving his attention to the bar fight Todo was tasked to stop. It was barely a struggle, admittedly, but still funny to the ratkins' snarky remarks towards him. It was funny. Desmond liked funny. But before he could quip his own remarks to the scene, one of the rats underneath the counter attempted to grab his attention. Hearing the whispers underfoot, the curious raptor glanced down to see what many would think was a shifty, shriveled up ratkin - with sunken eyes, wide-eyes, and looked rather malnourished. For most, no doubt would they feel put off by this encounter; showing immense abhorrence and disregard to this sad and disgusting creature.

But Desmond seemed to lack this form of judgement.

Hearing the rat ask about his identity and his relation to Mouskr, the Deinonychian cocked his head and nodded rapidly. "Yez yez! Mouskr did stealz Desmond's trinket," Desmond confirmed, before pulling it from his necklace and tapping the golden claw, "But Desmond gotz it back!" The rat followed up by offering Desmond some of that Night Eye substance beckoning him to come forth while holding a crumpled piece of paper. Desmond pondered the offer for a moment; his yellow eyes fixating on the paper. The mention of the term "night eye" activated a neuron in his empty brain. Something was itching on the back of his mind, as if it was a screaming voice calling out in the very far distance. It was faint and incoherent... vaguely resembling the voice of the Uncle Dirv Ratkin... but what was he saying? There was something he should be aware of here...

But against his lack of better judgement - and not wanting to look rude in front of this surely kind and honest Ratkin - Desmond proceeded to come hither; crawling closer to the ratkin as chaos broke out above.

Last edited:
Todo​

Yes, then he can finally...

"OH! OH NO!" The sound of a pig man slamming into the wood backwards rattled the floor abit, much akin to the subsequent rough housing that was... Well... Uhh....

"S-stop! Stop! I'm sorry but you were fighting I had too!" He yelled between snorts, hoping he didn't fall on anybody... He accidentally crushed Sage once and the poor fairy needed healing! And HE was an adventurer!

Todo however wasn't trying to hard, largely due to the size difference... He didn't want to actually hurt them...

It... kinda tickled abit, little pounding fists didn't exactly hurt but he certainly was getting his feelings hurt!

...Abit...?

It was kinda funny.

"Stop stop i'm sorry alriight!?"

Oden (#ACA9A7)

Todo | Oden | Desmond
With a flurry of silver-grey feathers, Oden managed to glide back to the bar counter with a wave of her wings just as all hell broke lose. Though concerned about the little raptor crawling beneath the counter to converse with some unknown folk, much of her attention was diverted by the sudden bar fight, carefully trying her best to keep an eye on all her companions amidst the growing pile of rat fur.

Considering Todo had no expression of pain, and Harlow was showing off a bloodthirsty smile, the old owl merely chuckled, taking her plate of cowsticks and gliding to the farthest corner of the tavern to eat in relative peace.

She was long past the age to join in on such youthful hot-blooded shenanigans. Though, the scene of flying bar stools and fists being thrown at everything and everyone made her feel a little nostalgic. Munching on her still-steaming cowsticks, Oden idly thought this would be a nice meal to listen to koto music with, and not the cacophony of chaos in front of her.

1676088506689.png
1676088521702.png

Chucke Chucke
1.jpg

The shifty and suspicious Ratkin that was beckoning Desmond under the counter, his sunken face etched this strange smile. " Desmond, is it? I am Chucke Chucke*, I am a resident within this tavern and live under the floorboards. I also live in the walls. " He explained without any shame, " It is surprisingly warm and so are your feathers, I think. " Chucke Chucke pointed out, " Although I need some more warm, and I want some of them feathers so I will trade some Night Eye for it. " The Ratkin stated as he lurched forward while holding this strange napkin, " What do you say, friend? " Chucke Chucke then opened the napkin up and there was this black yogurt like substance, it looked very starry, like the night sky with no clouds and only stars littering the darkness. " Eat it and I will take your feathers after your experience. " The Ratkin said as he sat down on the ground, " I may take some with you actually. You can trust me, who else but this Rat under a counter. "

*Said like Chook Chook

Barta
1676088536955.png

As all chaos broke out in this tavern, Barta taking on two of the other Ratkin, he was surprisingly bigger for a Ratkin but was taking on two weaker and smaller others, while he was punching one, the other was trying to take his watch, " Hey! That's mine! I stole that fair and square from a noble! " Barta threw the Ratkin he was punching and grabbed the other before slamming them onto a table and repeatedly slamming their body into the tabletop. Harlow was tossing Ratkin after Ratkin off of him and into random directions, Harlow did punch one in their stomach making them fall over while laughing, Harlow enjoyed a good bar fight even if it's with small Ratkin, they were very numerous which made it a bit more fun and harder. Although one did end up throwing a chair at him, some fucking how, these were small bodies with weak vitality overall, but it may have been the drinks or the drugs they were on that was causing them to have more strength.

After a few moments of Todo being on the ground being ganged up on by the Ratkin, Todo would see a large object in the air and see that the two Ratkin he had thrown on had picked up a bar stool together and slammed it down on Todo's face. Which hurt like a motherfucker and caused his vision to blacken for a moment before returning. There was a sigh beside Oden, and she would see it was Skrrt, the vicious Ratkin who was enjoying his drink. He quickly chugged the rest of his drink and slammed it on the bar top before turning around while picking his sword up. " ENOUGH! " The Ratkin roared.

Skrrt
1676146547005.png

Skrrt watched as the entire room stopped its fighting and looked up at this savage Ratkin. " You fools need to stop this ridiculous fighting of yours. " Skrrt pointed out, " We are Ratkin, not humans, elves, dwarves, spiders or even dogs. We have unity that they don't. Star acting like you all have sense and get out before I give you all a beating even your own mother couldn't. Or I can cut your tails off and you guys can be fun of for not having tails anymore. Now get out! " Skrrt yelled, the Ratkin that were fighting all looked fearful before listening to Skrrt and each making their way out of the tavern. Barta sighed as he rubbed his face, he had taken a few hits and had a couple bruises as he made his way around the bar and back to his station. " Thank you, Skrrt. I should have asked you first. " Barta stated, " Round is on me. " The bartender pulled out another drink and placed in front of him. As Harlow and Todo made their way back to the bar, Skrrt sighed deeply with disgust at the two before drinking his drink. " I figured you two would be a lot more professional and not partake is such ridiculousness. And yes, that includes you big pig. " Skrrt pointed out, " For outsiders to get stuck in here and given the opportunity to come into this culture only to fight with the locals is disrespectful to not only me but to Dirv who allowed you to come in here when he could have killed you all. " Skrrt growled. " The sooner you leave the better we'll be. " The warrior took his massive weapon and jumped off the barstool and walked on out.

Barta sighed, " Don't mind him, he is a very hard rat. " The bartender stated as more cow sticks came out. " I thank you all for your help. Those drug saturated rats needed their tails whipped like that. So a round on me. Or food. Whatever you want. " Barta smiled at the lot.

cQBtQqT.png

Mentions:
| Skyhunter Skyhunter (Chucke Chucke) |

As Desmond dared to stare into the eyes of this freakish creature, time began slowly grinding to a crawl. Or so it felt like it. The sounds of the brawl happening above him began fading into the background, muffled by his intense concentration upon the strange individual calling himself "Chucke Chucke". The raptor thought it was a funny name, giving a light wispy cackle. But the figure in front of him, alongside the whole scenario unfolding right before his eyes, seemed to be in this odd limbo of uncanniness. That scrawny, malnourished look, his scraggily unkept fur, hunched like stature, and beady yellow eyes as wide as saucers. It made Desmond feel... uneasy. Yet, at the same time, he felt oddly fascinated with this deformed ratkin. While part of him wanted to retreat from the conversation like most sane-minded individuals, he couldn't help but not look away. Was he... being hypnotized by him? Or was his psyche playing with him?

It wasn't the first time he found himself blankly staring into the maws of the unknown...

The odd ratkin wanted some of Desmond's feathers. His request ringed in the saurian's ears, echoing and bouncing off his skull in an amplified frequency. "D-Desmond's... feathers?" Yet strangely, he wouldn't feel too disturbed. In exchange, he'd give the raptor a bit of the "Night Eye" substance... revealing to be a thick black gooey substance, not unlike yogurt or curd. Again, the familiarity of the substance began rummaging through Desmond's mind, drowned out by the ever increasing ringing that filled his eardrums. But ashelooked at the substance carefully, sniffing it twice, he could've sworn he saw stars swirling within the dark void. It was as if he was being shown a physical piece of the night sky. A forbbiden treat.

The raptor's eyes couldn't help but widen, his pupils dilating in a fascinated. trance-like state.

It was... mesmerizing.

What secrets did it hold? What would happen once he ate it? SHOULD he eat it? Then again, the ratkin said he could trust in him. Trust the ~shady~ rat under the counter. It was only worth a few feathers... he could grow more in due time. Right? What...

What could go wrong?

Desmond found himself hesitating on a final decision... until the collapsing walls of his thoughts began forcibly crumbling down onto a conclusion.

Sitting down silently, Desmond leaned down towards the liquid void... and took a bite. Swallowing it into his gullet.

And he didn't seem to suspect a thing.

Todo Sawl

Oww!!

Yep that hurt, actually it brought back times in the arena when he was hit with a chair once or twice, just not from a tag team duo of ratkin from off the rails.

Really, who would've expected him to have to deal with this... Abit bruised and hurting, he rolled back up on his ass, giving a snort or two... And shrugging his jacket back on. To cover up the... Unpleasant looking scarish tattoo that covered his upper chest.

He'd rather not remember that woman again so soon.. Or meet her at all... She really put terror into him...

Well, alot of things did really.

Nothing he could do about it but... Well...

Live he guessed.

"Uhh... Thanks..." he struggled up back to the bar. "I'm used to... Not hurting patrons... And getting beat on, so I'll survive, all okay..." he sighed, looking abit down really. "...How do we get out of this mountain I wonder...? Is there even a way that we all could fit?"

Oden (#ACA9A7)

Todo | Oden | Desmond
"My, Barta..." Oden couldn't help but trail off in surprise, watching their smiley bartender single-handedly launch one ratkin, then repeatedly give concussions to another smaller thief. Thinking about it more, it made sense that he would be able to hold his own as a staff member of a rowdy tavern, but the sudden change was still rather shocking. Was he really the same friendly little fellow that patiently satiated her curiosity and hunger earlier? The duality of man. Oden chuckled lightly to herself, idly dodging a stray bottle that had missed whomever its original target was and landed in her direction.

As things escalated and more weapons were being wielded, Oden frowned in worry, especially for the largest and most popular target amongst them, Todo, but fortunately one of their guides, Skrrt, stepped up to calm things down. The old owl merely smiled as the grumpy ratkin gave his lecture and left, but spoke up alongside Barta after his words. "Yes, I wouldn't mind him too much. In my humble opinion, he painted things too negatively. Rather than a 'fight with the locals, I saw it more as a 'bonding experience'." She chuckled humorously, placing her cleaned plate to the side. "Thank you Barta, for the cowsticks, they were lovely. Thank... Churky? I believe it was? As well for me." She bowed slightly, before looking around for the fourth and last member of their little party.

Ah right, he was talking to a ratkin under the counter right? At least he was safe from harm... Oden pondered quietly, bending her old bones in an effort to locate Desmond. Finding a familiar brown and white feathered tail, she called out to him with a gentle wave of her wings. "Desmond dear, the brawl's over, you can come out now." Recalling that the raptor liked to appear fierce and unfettered by anything, she slightly changed her approach. "Barta's offering free food!"

1676650609083.png
1676650644746.png
As Desmond took a bite of the strange starry yogurt substance, he would feel this spicy feel on his taste buds, but instead of burning it felt like his taste buds grew in his mouth, he could feel the buds moving in his own mouth, like bark on a tree with long hairs, they flowed in his mouth upon his tongue. When Desmond looked up at Chucke Chucke, he would that Chucke Chucke wasn't Chucke Chucke, he was very disoriented but was laughing at the dinosaur like character. " Oh, you are able to feel it, your eyes are dropping. " Chucke Chucke stated with a laugh, his voice sounded deeper and slower. Desmond would feel heavy, like his hair and feathers was weighing him down. He could feel the air all around him sitting still, like they were underground. It was almost like being underground held the air together and prevented it from leaving. What did this mean? Obviously, they were underground. Desmond's face would begin to feel funny like there was something on it. When he went to go wipe his face, he would blink, opening his eyes he would see that his entire environment changed, and he was no longer in that tavern underground but was flying upwards, he could look down and see himself on the floor of the tavern laying there, moving around strangely. His soul and spirit were leaving his body. Looking to the side he would himself flying upwards alongside him, similar to a mirror image. The two would merge into each other creating Desmond.

As Desmond moved through the tavern ceiling and kept flying upwards, he would see that he was flying over this massive city that the Ratkin occupied. Continuing to go up, he would see everything, the dwarven architecture that these Ratkin had commandeered. Looking up he would see a light in the ceiling of the mountain they were stuck in. He was ascending. Ascending to an unknown location, he would only feel the embrace of the warm light and adrenaline coursing through his body, his eyes would roll in the back of his head and continue to fly up into the light. As Desmond passed through the light, he would only see white bright light and this ringing in his ears. It soon died down and he would find himself sitting up in a white landscape that suddenly turned dark like the dark night before it would create a beautiful scene of nebulas and stars, etching the darkness with small lights that twinkled, the ground below Desmond would turn wet and when looked at, he would see that it was now water and he would begin floating in the air, just above the water. On the waters arose two massive mountains covered in snow and ice. Between the two mountains was this large hanging space that looked like the world that Desmond occupied in. Like an entire universe in this massive bubble that had to be as tall as a mountain, bubble.

1676832085543.png
As Desmond looked into it, he would see someone pluck it out the sky and hold it in between their fingers. Looking at who did it, he would see a Ratkin, this Ratkin was no more than Desmond's size, but this bubble was now in his fingers. " Beauitful isn't it? " The Ratkin asked as he stood on the water staring into the bubble. He looked up at Desmond and walked towards him while holding onto this bubble. " Life. All these experiences, stories, concepts and chaos. All in one. " He asked Desmond. Although despite this Ratkin being a Ratkin, he didn't sound like one. He didn't have the weird tone they had now nor their accent of adding a synonym to a word. " I have never seen a non-Ratkin specimen take Night Eye. Congratulations, you are not dead when you should be. " The strange rat said in a tone of positivity. " My name is Skitterer. Pleased to meet you. " He gave a gentle bow before looking up into the sky and tossing the bubble into the sky again where it expanded into a large area for Desmond to witness and watch. " It is good to see someone else here that isn't a part my educationally challenged people. It is getting worst as I witness it. " The Ratkin sighed sadly. " Anyways, what is your name? I watch the world, but I am still uncertain about certain things. I do hope you are among the more intelligent beings of the Deinonychian race. " The Ratkin joked.

Skitterer
1676831757801.png

Barta
1676650726526.png

" Well, Dirv has a plan, right? " Barta asked Todo, " Trust him. He comes off as brutal-scary, rude and evil but he is a very intelligent Ratkin. He cares-likes for us and others. He just as a different way of doing it. Besides, that Rat has died so many times and yet has come back each time. I don't know how but. Yeah. " Barta shrugged. " Just stay strong. Besides, you got your weird machine outside that may.... Or may not have been tinkered-ransacked with by the others... " Barta said the last part slowly before sighing, " You better make sure your property isn't gone or missing parts... " Barta placed his hands on his face with a sigh. Harlow was eating and gave a choke like he was laughing while eating before he smacked his chest. " Sorry, was eating. " Harlow stated with another quiet chuckle. " Yeah, but we better make sure your ride isn't gone, Todo. Come on, piggy. " Harlow stated as he stood up. Although Oden would speak to Desmond which grabbed Harlow and Barta's attention.

" Hey, little chicken, what are you doing down-under there- " Barta called and when he looked saw Chucke Chucke taking off Desmond's necklace. " Chucke Chucke! What are you doing!? " The bartender yelled which Chucke Chucke then ran off out of the tavern with Desmond's necklace. " Damn him! Chicken, are you okay-good? " Barta asked but then he would see Desmond roll over out from under the bar with his entire mouth agape and drooling everywhere. His eyes were black as night, and he was making strange gurgling noises while cooing like he was with a lover. " What the hell? " Harlow stated looking at Desmond with widen eyes. Barta was shocked, " Oh Skitterer's Balls, he's on Night Eye! " The bartender jumped over the bar and landed next to Desmond, looking up at the bar he would see the napkin with smear black substance. Taking it, Barta growled, " The chicken is in a bad shape. " Barta stated, " Ratkin drugs is dead-deadly to other species. " The Ratkin stated. " You got to get Desmond to the Rat-Shaman. " Barta stated, " I don't think he is going to survive. " Barta growled.

" He's going to die if you don't hurry! " Barta stated with fear in his eyes. Harlow quickly moved and picked up the unconscious and overdosed Desmond into his arms, Desmond would begin flailing around in which Harlow looked to Barta, " Where is your shaman at! " Harlow yelled, Barta hopped onto Harlow's back and pointed at the door, " Go! I'll show you! " Harlow ran outside where Todo's ride was somewhat there. Multiple ratkin were in Todo's ride, taking stuff out and tearing it apart. " Hey you rats! Get out of there! " Harlow yelled, which caused the rats to disperse and run off in random directions, taking some of Todo's property with them. Barta spotted the fat naked Ratkin running down the street, " Pigman and Old female Owl, get Chucke Chucke! " Barta yelled, " We need to know what he mixed into this Night Eye! Everyone makes it differently! " Barta told the two as Harlow ran off where Barta told him, " Ask the locals for the Shaman! " Barta yelled as Harlow ran around the corner.

Chucke Chucke
1676836112477.png

Todo and Oden would see the small and fat Ratkin slowly running down the street with Desmond's necklace, looking back and turning down a corner that led to a pretty disheveled neighborhood with passed out Ratkin on drugs in the streets. Chucke Chucke would continue to move down this neighborhood, he was pretty slow but smart enough to try and lose the two in this small alleyway in case Todo tried to follow him in his vehicle. Although he would end up cornering himself in this neighborhood alleyway.

Todo

Well.. guess it was time to chase after that horribly ugly little monster then.

Ratkin.

But really dude that thing was as ugly as him.

Was it a ratkin? was that a normal look for them?

He was in a colony of drug addicts and wierd little scrimbly things, for the lack of a better descriptor. Really, scrimbly worked and felt like it worked. Wasn't much time to do anything, so, getting onto his machine he went after the... Thing... Which definitly had a name to be certain. Chucke Chucke... Oh how the wise and powerful Chuck E. Cheese has fallen into these hard times.

Reving up his machine he set off with the others.. Only to have to get off soon after, he took the keys with him, just in case. Not like he had anything to steal on it... But the keys certainly helped to not get the damn thing stolen.

"Alright weird... Guy, come out with your paws up, don't want no trouble." he had his pickaxe at hand now... this alley was... concerning... And there were the things happening outside... least this rat could do is fess up, give back the necklace so he didn't have to god damn fight more rats...

1cEgbRr.png

cQBtQqT.png

Mentions:
| Skyhunter Skyhunter (Chucke Chucke & Skritter) |

Nothing could've prepared him for what was about to happen.

By ingesting the night eye, Desmond left himself subject to an overwhelming onslaught of all his senses. Senses that amplified everything around him to a degree unfathomable. His taste buds rippled against the harsh spicy aftertaste that scorched his tongue, before beginning to morph into something horridly unnatural. It felt hairy, yet rough like bark. It was flowing like fur or downy feathers. "Pfft... pfaft!" He tried to spit this horrid feeling in his mouth, even trying to scratch it off with one of his claws. Yet now he could feel himself getting heavier, succumbing to intense drowsiness. A gurgling groan weakly raptured from him, as he began staggering in place. It was hard to keep himself balance. And the tavern was now beginning to stretch and swirl around, morphing into unusually elongated wacky shapes.

What was going on?

Desmond glanced up at the scraggily ratkin lost in the haze, now laughing at his predicament. His pupils nearly filled the entirety of his visible eye, yet now were battling against his drooping eyelids. "W... What'z... thiz?" the raptor groaned weakly, before dropping straight to the floor. He blinked...!

And found himself flying! Desmond wanted to scream. He couldn't believe it. He couldn't fathom it! But he felt too tired to do so. His mind was scrambled several days from Sunday, floating through the miasma of illusional mishaps and air that felt as dense as soup. What followed was a collection of hazy events as he ascended above the tavern, somehow phasing through the underground until ascending over the ratkin town itself! Was... was he dead? Was this his spirit floating in the wind like the seedlings of dandelions? Yet... his body was beside him for a moment... or so it appeared to be, until he found himself merging with it to become whole! Warm light enraptured through his body as he saw a bright white light overwhelm him. Just what was that thing he-?

Passing out for another moment, the Deinonychian would abruptly land into a new environment. Desmond looked up. Above him was vibrant nighttime sky, showcasing the majesty of a cosmos plucked from his wildest dreams. His jaw dropped, leaving agape as he found himself staring up in awe of it all. All the fear and horror from before had completely been purged from his consciousness. All what was left... was this calm peaceful bliss.

Was this real? Was he imagining all of this? So many questions flooded his mind; each attempting to make sense of his scenario.

Looking around him, he found that the ground below him was wet; yet he wasn't wading through it. He was... floating just a few inches above it. But when Desmond looked towards the horizon, Desmond saw what appeared to be a floating mass of swirling energy, situated perfectly between the backdrop of two snowcapped mountains in a symmetrical manner.

What was that?

It vaguely resembled the world he came from; this unusual hole in reality. Though as he tried to identify what it could possibly be, he saw it being plucked from the sky between two furry fingers. The raptor's eyes followed the light, before coming face to face with a ratkin. A different ratkin. Not that scrawny bug-eyed individual that was Chucke-Chucke, but one more... normal looking? His wide eyes stared curiously at him, as the being began to talk. This 'beautiful' swirling pearl in the nightsky was, according to him, the embodiment of life in its entirety. Every concept, every experience. All of the stories and chaos. Everything... was summed up into this swirling ball now clasped within his fingers.

And the way he spoke, at least from what Desmond could tell, wasn't like the other ratkins. It was fluid and coherent; lacking any of the odd accented jibberish from those below. It puzzled him. Still, the raptor remained uncharacteristically silent; giving only a curious chirp of wonder. The ratkin now turned to speak to him directly, congratulating him from not immediately dying from the night eye. No other creature aside from the ratkins, sentient or not, were apparently supposed to survive this ordeal. Desmond blinked rapidly, quickly feeling himself to 100% confirm his statement.

Guess he wasn't dead! Was that... good? Good right?

Desmond looked back at the ratkin, ready to ask what his name was. But before even allowing his thoughts to articulate his speech, the being introduced himself as "Skritter", bowing respectfully as he tossed the orb into the sky. "N...Nice to-" The curious saurian watched it ascend, before it expanded into the overarching cosmos. A sigh of awe again emerged from his toothy maw. As he did, he listened to Skritter talk to him about how it was nice to see someone else aside from his 'educationally challenged' ratkin brethren, mentioning how it seemed to get worse. Desmond heard the sadness permeate from his voice, as his feathery crest pointed downwards. They were certainly an odd bunch... but they looked fun! So many different personalities and stuff like that. Still, he felt sorry for him.

That's when Skritter shifted the attention onto him. He wanted to know more about him and his race. Was he the most intelligent of the Deinonychians? How did he know about his race? Desmond felt like he was joking about that last part, but nonetheless he felt himself feel... different. His mind now thought more clearly, free-flowing and uncongested. Not totally, maybe, but... it felt enough. He had questions... so many questions to ask him. The raptor proceeded to sit down, as he shook his head; ruffling his feathers.

"D... Desmond." he addressed himself, slowly but calmly, "Desmond's name... is Desmond." He took a moment to reflect upon Skritter's words, alongside the brief flashes that represented his rapid transmutation into this sphere. "Desmond... iz not the smartest Deinonychian. Nor iz Desmond... the strongest. In fact..." He glanced up at the ratkin with a saddened look of his own, as a picture of his family flashed briefly in his head, "Desmond thinks Desmond... is alone." He wasn't particularly sure how he winded up talking about his family... but perhaps given the fact this was the third reality he found himself in, he couldn't help but feel so... small.

His original world was already large enough. The world he cohabited five minutes ago, made everything feel bigger. And here... he felt so insignificantly small.

"Where iz Desmond...?" he asked Skritter quietly as he looked at the vastness of space around them, "What iz this place? How did... Desmond get here?" He leans closer to the mysterious ratkin, his snoot nearly touching his. "What iz... Skritter?"

Last edited:
Oden (#ACA9A7)

Todo | Oden | Desmond
Oden took to the skies as soon as she exited the tavern, her hawk-like eyes locking onto the one called Chucke Chucke with a solemn gaze. Trailing him from above whilst dodging the tall stalactites, she was almost tempted to draw her bow to end this chase early, but stopped herself as she observed the ratkin drive himself into a dead end. Landing heavily behind him with a flurry of grey feathers, she grabbed a sharp arrow from her quiver and placed it against the base of his neck before speaking.

"You'll cooperate if you know what's good for you." The old owl warned deeply, all prior pretences of cordiality thrown out the window. She wouldn't say she particularly cared for Desmond or any of her newfound companions, whatever they got up to after they reached the surface was of little concern to her, but she had to admit she had grown a bit of a soft spot for that naive and similarly-coloured raptor. "Tell us what you have mixed in that Night Eye, and come with us."

Seeing Desmond in that terrible, catatonic state was shocking to say the least. Oden could only hope that this thief would cooperate peacefully, and that Harlow and Barta would succeed quickly enough on the other side.

Ratopia, the City of Skitterer
1677471431911.png
1677472431261.png

Skitterer
1677819648318.png

While Desmond was being carried by Harlow to the nearest Shaman, the Deinonychian would continue his conversation with this Skitterer, " Desmond, well it is good to meet you. " The Ratkin held a smile on his face while Desmond spoke in which it became clear to him that there was only Desmond. In which Skitterer felt guilty, " Ah, I see. I am very sorry to hear that, Desmond. " He looked like he had a look of guilt on his face, " I understand in a way how you feel. " Skitterer stated before Desmond would ask where they were, how he got here and who he was. The ratkin smiled at the subject change, " I am glad you asked, Desmond. Well, where we are is what I call The Great Circulation. " Skitterer stated as he held a palm out above them where the many stars were at. " All of creation and Creation's creation is within this massive well of existence. Think of it like that. How you got here, my friend is that the drugs you took are an extension of me and who I am. All Ratkin and their intelligence comes from my work and philosophy of discovery and creativity. A very long time ago I discovered what is called science after looking up at the night sky for the first time, a flowing wave of thoughts came to me. Eventually curiosity then speech. Emotions next. Alchemy. So on and so on. I named us Ratkin as I unified us, even if we were to be at each other's throats, we would come back together as a unified people. I am glad to see my people have done that. But my work still continues with my people, even after thousands and thousands of years. " Skitterer explained, " My basis for what science is sticks with them all. How you got here exactly perplexes me... While you should be dead, you are still here. Fascinating. "

Skitterer then took a deep breath, " As for who I am. I have become a Concept Ascended. Not a God but an observer. Not like I could do much here anyways. My works and findings have advanced the Ratkin people when I was still on the mortal plane. Although a calamity of sorts occurred, and I created an equation to either try and stop it or to make my people ascend. I made an error and now only I have ascended. In my alchemist laboratory, I tried to create what is called a Acastestic Jewel, similar to the Philosopher's Stone but I wanted more than a great perfection, I wanted my people to ascend. Except, only I did... And here I am. I watched my people nearly perish, only our least intelligent people survived, they discovered my sciences and alchemy. But instead of advancing, they only regress. It is my punishment to watch for my Grand Error. That is who I am, young Desmond. " Skitterer still smiled, despite his sad story, he was positive for the most part. While his people have become nothing more than an underground people that indulged in self-pleasure and drug usage, he saw the rest of the world and knew that his people were miniscule in terms of this entire Circulation he spoke of. Skitterer did take a step backwards after his explanation while staring at the Deinonychian, " I hope that makes sense. "

Although while Harlow was carrying Desmond, the Deinonychian was drooling and making weird noises before stating " Skitterer~ " In which Barta sighed, " I think he's getting that high everyone does... " Barta shook his head, was this even real or just a hallucination?

---

Back in the alleyway, as Todo trapped the Ratkin known as Chucke Chucke, he stared at Todo then pass him, trying to find a way out but then Todo would address the disgusting looking Ratkin who stared at the bigman Pigman, or Porc. " Paws!? I got finger-claws! " The druggie Rat stated, he then snapped his fingers which caused the streets that Todo was on to begin having Ratkin come out of the woodworks, naked and half naked Ratkin fell onto the ground around Todo, there was just so God damn many of them, they were on top of each other. They then held little weapons like glass shards they were ready to jump Todo right there. Although what they weren't expecting was Oden to come flying out of the sky in a ruffle of feathers right behind Chucke Chucke who held Desmond's necklace. Which Oden's entrance, the ruffle of feathers indicated that she was a predator, the other many Ratkin saw this and screeched before scrambling away and into their hiding holes again, not wanting to be food.

Chucke Chucke's eyes widen wider than they already were capable of, he turned slowly to see Oden with an arrow to his neck, the Ratkin screeched from terror and feel backwards, dropping Desmond's necklace staring at her while holding a hand up, " Waitwaitwaitwait, we can figure-think something else out! " The Fat Ratkin negotiated nervously. " I can give you some Night Eye, yes-yes! It is great stuff! " He stated with a chuckle while slowly crawling backwards towards Todo, a look of fear was in his dumb looking eyes, owls were predators towards rats, this interaction would solidify that.

Todo

It was tense at first, rats quite litterally coming from the walls... but.. As it seems... Oden took care of that. Handy bird... person... woman? She certainly had a female toneage. Did it matter? Maybe, but best he know to be polite.

"...What we need to know is what you put in it. And to get back the necklace, we have that. Now tell us whats in the Nighteye..." he demanded now, furrowing his brow.

"Come on, don't want to deal with her do you? What did you put in the Night Eye, real simple and then you can go." He'd done this type of thing before at the brothel... He was big enough, but the doorguards were the scary ones... Sometimes we pinning them down with fear, it takes the less scary guy to give them an out.

...Truth be told Oden kinda scared him abit, but... Well...

Is what it is now.

Last edited:
Oden (#ACA9A7)

Todo | Oden | Desmond
"Cowards. They abandoned you." Oden stated lightly, with a slight sympathy lacing her tone. Though she was certainly no fan of Chucke Chucke, this thieving and murderous ratkin, it was sad to see someone so heartlessly abandoned and left to the wolves by their allies. But, this was no time for pity, Desmond's life was on the line.

"It seems you didn't hear me the first time." Oden began softly, as if about to gently tell a tale of an old fantastical legend, but the tonality of her voice was so frigid it could pierce bone. "Like my little pig friend here has stated, tell us every ingredient of your so-called Night Eye." She ordered icily, her tone only growing colder with every passing second.

"Stop flailing about and answer the question. You are testing my patience." Her eyes visibly narrowed the longer the ratkin panicked. She was so very tempted to press the arrowhead into his flesh and be even more demanding with how much time he was wasting, but reason held her back, telling her that if she overdid it he might just faint dead away and leave them with nothing.

Cowards were one thing. But cowards that committed crimes were the worst.

Taking a deep breath to steady herself, the old owl thought back to Desmond and refuelled herself with clarity and determination, giving her the patience needed to sit through this fool's stuttering.

1cEgbRr.png

cQBtQqT.png

Mentions:
| Skyhunter Skyhunter (Skritter) |

As Skritter explained the young raptor's predicament, Desmond's could feel his mind trembling and bending underneath the grand exposition. The sheer complexity was enough to make anyone's head spin, especially for someone as impatient as him. He could barely hold a calm conversation even in the best circumstances. Yet here, he listened as best he could. And from what he could gather was this.

The Night Eye that Desmond consumed was apparently an extension of Skritter's being. Both in mind and soul. And the place they were in was this complex realm of literal creative... essence? It was the best the poor raptor could comprehend. The ratkin considered himself to be a concept "ascended"; observing the world around him while heralding the rise of the entire ratkin race. He meant them well; working, studying, and creating for his people; once even uniting a divided populace under one. Yet a grand calamity of unknown stature unraveled the binds of his efforts, regressing the technological prowess and drive of the ratkin race. In the end, only the "least smart" survived; inheriting his grand studies but lacking the mental capacity to study them. And tragically, Skritter was now to... watch his grand error writhe upon the mortal plane.

And here was Desmond. A non-ratkin who should've died, according to Skritter, yet miraculously survived to make the ascension. And he didn't have any answers for him.

That was as far as Desmond's brains could comprehend under maximum effort. The names of the particular jewels and stones flew over him.

The raptor's expression lowered upon hearing this sad tale. "Desmond's sorry..." He slowly nodded in response, acknowledging his pain while he quietly wrangling with the details and jargon bouncing in his head. So much information... so little time to process it. It was a tragedy that wasn't unlike the mythology of his world. Multiple gods created the Fantazoic realm he inhabited, all bickering and interacting with one another in terms for what they deemed right. Many triumphs were had... as were many falls. He looked down at his clawed hands, palms facing up, as his patterned coat glinted in the cosmic chamber.

"But... ifz Desmond's here." Desmond muttered curiously while observing his padded skin, "Doez that mean... Desmond's.. secretly a ratkin too?" A moment of clarity shone through his skull, before shaking off this surely ridiculous assumption. "Noz noz... thatz can't be itz. Rightz?" There was a slight panic in his voice, as raising concerns regarding his predicament grew.

Ratopia, City of Skitterer
1678755500614.png
1678755543897.png

Skitterer, Concept of Thinking
1678755729904.png

Skitterer smiled at Desmond's condolences. " I appreciate it, Desmond. But do not worry. I am but an old man rambling on about the past. " Despite him saying this, Skitterer appeared to be quite young, compared to the other Ratkin that Desmond had seen, maybe it was due to all the drugs the Ratkin now do. As Desmond asked if he was a Ratkin as well, Skitterer laughed as his assumption, " No my dear, Deinonychian. I think you are just extremely lucky. The chance of this type of probability was bound to happen sooner or later. But it could also be due to what you had ingested as well. Different ingredients in what you had consumed may be reacting differently. Night Eye is a very potent drug that can be made easily and then spiced with whatever added into it. " The Ratkin explained to Desmond. " Or I could be wrong too, it's happened before. " Skitterer saw that Desmond was getting concerned and worried. " Relax, my friend. If you are anything like my people, I would see it clearly. A one in a trillion could be what is happening before us, friend. " Skitterer explained, although Desmond would feel his worry only grow.

Skitterer would stare at his eyes, " Oh no, your eyes are starting to darken. It seems you are going into the next stage of Night Eye, Desmond. I guess this will be our last meeting. It was an honor meeting you friend. I hope you can get out of this alive. Endure and remember to think good memories. No matter how bad it gets. Your companions will get you out of here. " Skitterer gave Desmond a last smile as he pointed at the floating crystal in the sky. Desmond's vision would begin to darken as he stared into the crystal, he would see the world, he would see the underground city he was in. Then he would see Harlow running through the city, sweating covering his worried face as his green cape flapped behind him, Barta was on his shoulder pointing at where to go. Then Desmond would his own body, flopping in Harlow's arms, he was a mess... His glowing eyes were turning darker and darker until they turned pitch black, he was drooling everywhere and was vomiting all over Harlow who didn't care about that. But Desmond's vision only darkened and before he knew it he looked straight into his own eyes before he felt like he was falling and could only see black. When he looked around, he was falling. Falling down into pitch darkness, he felt like he was underwater as he descended into nothingness.

But as he fell, he would feel his entire being stretch and like he was freefalling through the air at breakneck speeds, his eyes would begin to roll into the back of his head while it felt like he was flipping through the air. " Look at what you have become. " Desmond would hear himself speak, when he looked, he would see a figure in the darkness looking like him. " Eating Night Eye and dying in an underground hole where no one will remember you. " This Desmond spoke. Although there was a red glowing aura to him.

---

Chucke Chucke
1678760379555.png

Chucke Chucke had a nervous look about him as Oden had the arrow pointed at him. Even the cowardly statement didn't do anything to Chucke Chucke, " Okay okay. " The ugly Ratkin stated, Todo would notice movement behind Oden as Chucke Chucke began to stand up, but it would be too late. " What I laced the Night Eye with is- " Although Chucke Chcke would stop talking just as Oden heard quick movement, when she tried to turn, she would feel a sharp pain in her back, a skinny Ratkin would behind behind Oden with a piece of glass in their hand, it was so sharp that it had cut into their own hand but Oden would see that they were crazed, their eyes were completely black with the lack of clothes. They were male but they were really skinny and malnourished so they were very weak which made the piece of sharp glass not sink too deep into Oden's shoulder. Chucke Chucke would in response turned up to face Todo and wiped his own hand under his armpit.

He then would lick his own hand in which caused his eyes turn black, " Oh yeah.... " He chuckled as his entire body began to morph, he got fatter almost like he was melting. His entire body garnered strange warts and blisters while he protruded a weird substance out of his skin that could barely be called skin like syrup, it had a dark brown color to it. He had a horrid stench but it smelled like old and expired medicine as he began to slowly move towards Todo with his hands extended out. " Oh yeah, come here, piggy piggy! Piggy piggy! " Chucke Chucke cackled, the smell of the disgusting stench seemed to draw more of the Ratkin out from behind Todo. " Chucke Chucke is a Mutakin! " One yelled, which caused more of the Ratkin to run out and all pass Todo as they each surrounded Chucke Chucke, but instead of attacking him, tearing him apart or defending him. The group of Ratkin each began to drink off of Chucke Chucke, ingesting this substance off of him. " Chucke Chucke! " They each began to chant, " The Mutakin saves us again! Thank you, Skitterer! " One called, Chucke Chucke laughed at Todo, " You can't touch me now! " The Ratkin barely sounded like himself, his voice was much more sludgy. The ratkin each all began to fall over off of Chucke Chucke, their eyes widen as they began to make weird noises, " Ughghhaa nnnahhh! " The Ratkin were getting high off of Chucke Chucke now! It seemed touching him was even getting the Ratkin high as where they touched him, their hands or whatever they used to touch him had a rash on it, which meant the substance was able to go through skin to get them high.

Todo

"What the actually god damn fuck." There really was no other way to put it. The ugly little shit just started to melt and get... You know what, he was out.

This was fucked and sure as hell he wasn't about to start staying around. This felt like some fucked up dude's vision of warhammer skaven or something. He tried not to think of it at first to give the little dudes benefits of the doubt but he sure as hell wasn't about to stick around here.

"Miss Oden we gotta go now!" He yelled out over the crowd before hoofing it back to his machine, planting the keys in and turning the machine to life. It stood up high and rumbled to life. With a out stretched claw, he reached into the alley, pressing the machine against the wall and reaching over the horrible mass.

"Come on lets go! Grab the necklace!!"

Oden (#ACA9A7)

Todo | Oden | Desmond
The piercing sting in her nape stunned Oden, with her gaze immediately locking onto the shard of glass that now wielded her blood. A dull, prickling pain slowly spread across her back, followed by a scalding temperature that trickled down the crimson-dyed feathers of her mantle. Grimacing with lowered eyelids, towards a pain she hadn't felt in a long time, the old owl instinctively leapt a few steps back from the emaciated, abyss-eyed ratkin that had struck her back, just as all hell broke loose.

"An abomination. How horrid." She frowned, voicing her true thoughts on the matter considering all the surrounding ratkin were far too crazed to comprehend her. It was like an illness. A plague of addiction that all these ratkin were victims of. What a terrible sight. Yet, as disgusting as this all was, Oden did not forget the reason they had chased Chucke Chucke all the way here just moments prior. This old owl was not ready to give up on little Desmond just yet.

Broken out of her thoughts by the sudden rumble of an engine, and a tremendous but familiar chunk of metal reaching out towards her from the alley's entrance, Oden was stunned still, almost unable to recognize the hefty pigman riding it. After a moment of shock, she merely chuckled, swooping up the necklace with a swipe of her talon and placing it in the mecha's hand. "You are a kind boy. Even in a mess like this, you wouldn't leave me behind?" She joked gently, her voice difficult to discern amidst all the chaos, carefully pushing the mecha away from her. "I'll be fine, you can go. I must save Desmond." She spoke no further as she let him go, and stepped back deeper into the alleyway.

With dulled but sharp eyes, she swivelled her head round in order to locate something suitable, anything at all, and quickly located a ceramic, half-broken bowl beside her attacker. Unable to spare the time to think too deeply on a plan, she swiped at the crazed ratkin half-heartedly with her talons to scare him off, before quickly scooping up the bowl beneath him. Whether she would have to endure another hit or not, she would take advantage of Chucke Chucke's focus on Todo, clambering over the ratkins' bodies and scraping off a portion of Night Eye from his skin, before forcing herself to flap her wings and lift herself back into the caverns' skies.

74nKMVI.png

cQBtQqT.png

Mentions:
| Skyhunter Skyhunter (Skritter) |

Luck. That was it? Out of all the probabilities and mathematical equations, coincidences, and theories that could explain it, the fact that Desmond hadn't dropped dead in the ethereal water and into the nebulous afterlife was all due to being lucky? Sure, the math would have to lineup eventually in some way or form, according to Skritter, and certainly the composure of the drugs in question could certainly affect its potency. But to experience the ONE chance at surviving against the odds of a Trillion ways of dying was just... unbelievable.

He couldn't believe it. He wanted to believe it, but he simply couldn't. Something about this wasn't adding up; SOMETHING was wrong. A cold shiver suddenly rushed down his spine. He swore he could feel each vertebrae freezing up and releasing its chilled paralyzing feeling into the rest of his skeletal form. His breathing quickened. Hastened. Desmond was beginning to panic. A panic he'd not felt since that very night...

The night of his demise.

Despite Skritter attempting to assure him everything was going to be OK, Desmond's inner primal instincts cried out in an ever growing panic. His eyes darted across the plane, as they began twitching erratically. He needed to get out of here. How could he get out of here? Yet as he looked around, his vision felt like it was getting darker. Unusually so. And there were... tears dripping from them? Desmond glanced at the ratkin with horror.

"W...What's... What's happening?"

The next stage was approaching. Wait... next stage? This came in stages?! As Skritter... no, no he's leaving. Or about to leave. He won't see him again after this? The very anchor of consciousness within this fabric of reality was about to drop him into the deep end of a very, VERY large lake! Down into the dark abyss, filled with the presence of unknown horrors just waiting to meet him. Desmond wanted to reach out to Skritter. Don't leave Desmond! Don't leave! The Deinonychian wanted to scream, but he couldn't. All he could do was listen closely to Skritter's final words...

Skritter wanted him to live. He wanted Desmond to fight this; to endure the unspeakable pain that was yet to come. He was to think good memories; happy memories. No matter how bad things would get... his friends would save him.

His friends... OH his friends! He left them behind!

And he could see them through this crystal floating above them! The kind knight was cradling Desmond's limp corporeal body in his arms, assisted by both his friends and Barta through the streets! He could see the panic in their eyes, the fear, sorrow, everything, as they rushed to find the assailant. To find Chucke Chucke... the ratkin Desmond had mindlessly trusted with his life.

This... This was his fault.

Black tears continued gushing down his face like a leaking faucet; his vision continuing to grow darker. But before he could say anything else, he saw his own two unstained eyes glaring back at him. With a terrified screech he leapt back, only to realize... he was now falling. Falling into the void. Yet... not falling in the traditional sense. It didn't feel like he was falling off a sheer cliff. He knew what that was like... oh he knew. But here... it was like he was underwater. As if he was drowning, but not.

Yet before he could accept his current situation, he felt his body DROP into that familiar free-fall he felt once before. All of the air seemed to have left his lungs, his body flipping and flopping mindlessly while his eyes rolled behind his skull.

And then... he heard something whisper to him.

"Look at what you have become..."

It was his voice... but also not. It didn't speak like him, the pitch was off, and it oozed this... disgusting loathing malice. A familiar voice tainted by an unholy essence. And as the real raptor's mental consciousness manifested into being - acting like a soul within a soul - he found himself standing in a pitch black room. No light to speak of. Still reeling from the utter whiplash of the events, Desmond lowered his shivering bewildered form as he began circling around the room

"LOOK at what YOU have become."

The voice now sounded much closer. Desmond quickly turned a full 360 degrees, before coming face to face with his own reflection.

Or rather... a dark reflection of himself. A being shrouded in an ominous glowing red aura, glaring coldly at Desmond's own folly.

"Here you are... Eating Night Eye and dying in an underground hole where no one will remember you."

Desmond's feathers instinctually flattened upon being scolded. He gulped as he eyed his dark avatar closely. He was... dying here? No no, that couldn't be. It took him a moment to regain a shiver of his fleeting composure before he could muster the will to talk back.

"N... N-No..." he weakly replied with an obvious tremble in his voice, "D-D-Desmond, will not die here. Right...? I... I sawz them, my friends! They'rez coming to save me, they're going to-!"

"Leave you after bringing you back." the dark reflection finished, filling in the words booming with venomous efficiency as he peered behind Desmond, "You've always been a stupid, naive fool, Desmond. Both in life before... and after. It's made you dangerous; creating a walking, pestering burden to both you and everyone and everything around you."

Desmond remained dead silent; his now soulless eyes glaring blankly at his doppelganger with a quiver of his lips. With so many things to think about, it was already hard enough to think, let alone speak.

"The fact you've made it as far as you have with that bird brain of yours is something they find, ab-SURD." the distorted voice continued, snarling with a nasty tone, "How you've survived that fall is even MORE puzzling. You should've stayed dead... rotting at the bottom of that gorge as scavengers pick and pluck at your bones."

As this was going on, the young raptor was beginning to shake, both of fear and raising anger. "Noez..." he muttered repeatedly in a blibble of reactions, "Noez Noez... that'z... that'z not truez...!" This wasn't him. It couldn't be! His talons curved as he tried to block out the noise, but couldn't. The words bounced around in his head, echoing his past failures in both lives. "Goawaygoawaygoawaygoaway..." he rambled incoherently. Clenching his head, his composure suddenly broke as he gave an ear-piercing screech towards his dark self.

"GOEZ AWAY!"

His voice echoed across the void, permeating the dark figure as the sound waves rippled through its incorporeal form. Yet it continued standing in place. Unmoving and unfeeling. It then grinned, exposing his sharp needle-like teeth in a devilish smile.

"You can't run away from reality forever..." it continued, now walking around Desmond like a judging parent, "If only your parents saw you now... if only you hadn't LEFT THEM TO DIE."

The last syllable pierced through Desmond's soul. Mama... Papa... oh no, what happened to them? Did they survive the ordeal?

"LIEZ!" Desmond barked instinctually, "Desmond didn'tz leave em! Theyz told Desmond to goez! Forced! Forced to! ...Mama and Papa survived! Theyz had to! Theyz waz smart! Desmond trustz themz!"

"Desmond left them to die."
the voice replied, monotome and straight to the dagger-tipped point, "Desmond was a coward. Instead of helping them protect their home, he blindly listened to them casting him out of the nest. You fled and never looked back. Their fates were sealed... though perhaps, it wouldn't have mattered whether you stayed or left."

Now Desmond was really becoming furious.

"Howz do you know they'z died...?" he asked in a low voice, as his claws clenched in fury. Surely these had to be lies. He couldn't have known their fates, neither he of himself had seen the aftermath. There was a brief pause, as the dark aura said nothing; almost as if in spite. Desmond snarled before running up and screaming in his face "...HOWZ DO YOU KNOW?! TELL DESMOND!"

The dark aura chuckled amusingly, before taking a few steps back.

"Don't believe me?"

Lifting one of his feathered arms, the doppelganger conjured a door that opened to reveal a spiraling vortex of fiery colors.

"Why don't you hop in and see for yourself?" the voice mocked with surefire wickedness in his intentions, "Just know... You're in for a treat."

Desmond slowly approached the door, as a prang of uncertainty coursed through his essence. Was this... going to be the truth? Was he... going to learn what happened? Or was this to be an elaborate hoax?

He had no choice.

The deinonychian took a deep breath and entered...

Last edited:
Bottomless Pit
1679360336908.png

As Desmond continued to descend farther and farther into the darkness, he would come to talk to his other half, each subject they talked about would appear around them in the corner of Desmond's eyes, although when looked at it, there would only be the same darkness. Although as the next of this conversation with his inner demons would continue as a door appeared and Desmond would stop falling and slowly land on his feet, although as he tried to walk to the door, he would begin to feel heavy, he would feel weight upon him, trying to pin him down with each step he took, like the weight of his sins piling on top of him. Desmond would see random visions of a female Ratkin looking at him closely although it would fade back into darkness.

Although in the real world, Harlow finally reached the Shaman with Barta. Desmond began to vomit up black sludge, Harlow held his head to the side to prevent him from choking on his own vomit. The shaman would see what was happening and beckoned them into her lair. " Come in. Bring the Chicken in. " she said in a low whisper.

Shaman's Pharmacy
1679539374860.png

Shaman Hrana
1679538209947.png

As Harlow brought Desmond to the Shaman, she would lead them into a large room that was underground, there was a table with many bowls around that had incense burning in the air. " I am Shaman Hrana. Lay the Chicken on the table-desk. " She spoke, Harlow did as told quickly, Barta hopped off and ran on out, " I'll find the others and lead them here. " The bartender called before running out to find the others. " What has happened to this one? " She asked Harlow as she examined Desmond gently, turning his head and staring at his eyes, " Never mind, I can see-spot it. What was inside-within the Night Eye? " She asked as she moved to one of her tables looking through potions and ingredients wuickly, she was rather calm in this moment. Rummaging quickly, she grabbed a couple of potions and bowls with ingredients within before moving back. Harlow ran a hand through his shaggy hair, " I-I couldn't tell you. " Harlow stated worried for Desmond. " We have people out looking for the one that gave him this Night Eye. They will shake him down for the ingredients. " Hrana said nothing as she began to mix a couple of the ingredients with the potions she had before lifting Desmond up by his head and pouring the potion down his throat, having him swallow the contents. " Will this cure him? " Harlow asked, Shaman Hrana shook her head, " No. This will slow-prolong the process down. I will need to know the exact ingredients of what was within the Night Eye given to the Chicken. " Hrana continued.

" Even then, it is unlikely he will survive. Ratkin drug-contraband is very toxic to other races. We have grown resistant to it and have had to enhance-strengthen our drugs. He is already within the second stage of negative effects. Usually, Night Eye is a drug that imitates the effect-impact of ascension. But negative thoughts will send the user down a path of descension. Eventually the subject-victim will either become mind broken or die. Which death is a more likely outcome for the Chicken. " Hrana explained, Harlow felt sick to his stomach hearing the grim news. He didn't want Desmond to die such a grim death. " So, what can I do? " Harlow asked the Ratkin. But she only shrugged, " Find out what the ingredients are that were within the Night Eye. Or you can wait for your friends-companions. " She suggested. Harlow sighed, " Couldn't you just add a bunch of ingredients into the cure? " He asked, in which Hrana shook her head. " That is a bad-unwise idea. Whatever ingredients I add can inflict their effects into the Chicken. Either making it worst or killing him. I have to have the right-correct ingredients to give him a good chance of surviving, which is very slim-small. " Harlow hated the idea of waiting but he had to trust the others that they would get the job done.

Ratopia, City of Skitterer
1679359812835-png.1074321

Oden's bravery was a very noted thing in this conflict, Chucke Chucke witnessed Oden be attacked by a Night Eye crazed Ratkin who's mind has been shattered completely. With Chucke Chucke being surrounded by his own small drug occult who were clambering on him, eating, drinking and smearing themselves in the strange oil sweat that seeped from the transformed Chucke Chucke. Oden was able to back away from the crazed ratkin who ended up stumbling around and fell over in all the trash. Chucke Chucke only laughed at Todo who decided to run away, " Yes! Run away, coward-craven! That's all you are good at! Let your friend-companion die! " Chucke Chucke cackled, it seemed taking the drugs had made him more brave and crazier. Although made him immobile. But also, untouchable.

Oden would fly back into the fray of this madness. Although this notion would surprise Chucke Chucke who was not expecting this, although instead of flying right at him like he initially thought, she flew pass him and into the trash behind him, looting around the trash to find any sort of object that hold the strange substance seeping out of the transforming Ratkin. She would swipe at the crazed Ratkin that had gotten back up, scrtaching flesh and causing the Ratkin to fall backwards holding his chest while yelping in pain. The older owl moved back to Chucke Chucke, climbing over each other Ratkin that was in the middle of a drug orgy now. Disgusting creatures they were, all on top of this melting Ratkin who was laughing at Todo, but he turned his head smelling Oden. Oden would scrape some of the substance off of Chucke Chucke which scared the Mutakin now, he even yelped which got a reaction from the other Ratkin, each of their heads shot up at Oden who scared the Mutakin. Oden would take flight into the air in which the other Ratkin all tried to grab Oden. Their entire demeanor changed from one of indulgence and pleasure to rage and uproar, the entire group all waved onto Oden, but most would miss, one was able to grab Oden by her talon before the rest would begin to grab onto the single Ratkin, pulling them back down.

Oden would look down seeing their eyes, each of them had turned black as angry expressions were plastered on their faces. They were making snarling noises as they were trying to drag Oden down, if they were able to drag her back down to the ground, it was most likely that she would be killed by this now angry mob. Chucke Chucke was laughing at this notion, " Yes! Bring her down-down! Kill her! " The Mutakin roared.

Attachments

• 1679359812835.png
    1679359812835.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
Todo

"Oh you little... Fuck it!" Grasping the pickaxe from his belt, he couldn't let Oden be killed by some damned drugged out rats!! With a breif aim he tossed the pickaxe hard at the swarm of rats, and with the controlls of the machine, brought the fist down straight atop the disgusting mess.

Not able to bring both down, but he hoped the damned pickaxe was driven straight through the bastard!

Why did it always come to this!! He just wanted to get to safety!

"Oden hurry! Get away!" He called hoping the whole thing ends here!

Effectiveness breakdown
Shitty pickaxe throw Strength C, Weapon D grade.
Mecha fist slam +1 ^ due to multihit.

rVNOl5A.png

Oden (#ACA9A7)

Todo | Oden | Desmond
Although Oden expected some sort of retaliation, she was nonetheless surprised by how quickly they all turned on her. Like a swarm of killer insects, the crowd of ratkin became one entity, converging like a wave just to bring her down. Turning her head, just to meet a sea of soulless black eyes, sent shivers down her spine.

Watching them scramble towards her, she spared no effort in flapping her wings in order to escape. But with the rush of adrenaline, she momentarily forgot the dull wound from the landslide on her left wing. Her subtle faltering and teetering in the air, allowed one measly but persistent claw to grip her talon. The weight doubled, then tripled, exponentially increasing as the swarm grew eager to drag her back down to hell. A great pain, slowly giving way to numbness, ached from her single talon, as the ratkin's grip grew ever stronger with all their allies piling onto them.

Anxiousness was a terrible killer. As that hideous Mutakin gave his orders, Oden flapped her wings in a frenzy to keep herself afloat, haphazardly scratching at the fellow below her with her one free talon. She knew she was losing her cool. Even if she was old and had failed at so much, Oden didn't want to meet her end in a place like this.

Fortunately, Todo's second return brought back a semblance of clarity. For a random bunch of strangers who were trapped together coincidentally, they really had each others' backs. They were all doing their best to save Desmond, and now Todo was trying to save her. It was very fortunate that the strangers she had met were kind.

The comforting thoughts and Todo's encouragement allowed Oden to fight back more clearly, flapping her wings rhythmically to maintain her stamina and height, clawing at the ratkin's hand and face, and keeping the bowl of Night Eye secure in her hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back