• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern From the Horizon's Flames | Yukitera & Sera

From the Horizon's Flames
Sekiryu | Heizō Suzuki
It would have been a fine autumn morning to brew tea and share momentous stories from the past, as Sekiryu had originally planned when he had awoken from his hours of slumber. After struggling to shut his eyes for the better of his spiritual health, the auburn dragon forced sleep upon his insomnolence with the aid of the spirits that guided him, easing the stress until the last of his consciousness faded away.

For another minute he remained awake, Sekiryu felt despair reach deep for his fragile heart, causing an ache in his chest. He once stood with a confident posture, back straight with his chest forward to indicate his pride as Amaterasu's greatest divine servant—but now, all felt lost as time had robbed him of another soul he once considered to be his greatest friend and mentor. The anguish of losing another loved one, was something Sekiryu wished to never face again.

"Your Luminance," The dragon found the strength to call for her again, his tremoring hands gripping tightly onto her fading hands. With extra courage, Sekiryu gritted his teeth, refusing to stutter his final goodbye.

"May the afterlife be peaceful for your benevolent spirit."

He had to wait for another 3,000 years for the reincarnation to be possible. For someone so grand and illustrious, to be cursed with having to suffer for several millennia before being able to be summoned back into the world of the living, it was painful for the dragon to accept the way it ended.

A promise was made between the Goddess of the Sun and the Sekiryu of the First Morning. The promise that no matter the status of the world, they would meet once again and cherish another lifetime of adventure, even if one of the two would have to rest their soul to enter a deep slumber for several years, opposed to the other who had to remain active for the sake of the world's order.

A blessing he once considered a scourge that plagued his immortal body, but now had made peace with his powers as he lived to serve one purpose—to guide his loved one to the heavens in which she rightfully rules, no matter the age of the world that she would find herself breathing in, consecrating the earth with her gentle smile.

"The Sekiryu of the First Morning accepts your last decree. Rest well, the one who shined the brightest when the shadows claimed dominance."

Mqueserasera Mqueserasera

Last edited:
Amaterasu
Laying there was not the Goddess of the Sun, nor Eternal ruler of Tamagahara, one once called Amaterasu-Oomikami. The nameless reflected on the fact and found herself incapable of arousing her emotions. No distress, no sorrow, no peace: only an empty existence. She was once many things, all things even, but what she had left was approaching nothing. Such thing was not of no consequence: to have a chief Goddess depart and forsake Heaven and Earth for thousands of years, a period considered eternity even to an immortal. A number of deities would rise and some would fall. The wheel of fate would turn, then would go awry, then again recommence its unchanging way, many times again and again until once again they are placed under her watchful eyes. Until then the sun would grow cold, a cold mere mortals would not notice but in the chill in one’s bones and in the turbulence of communities and of hearts and of souls. Much would change. This very rule is the chief of all rules: all things change. Even the mightiest.

She sighed, and to follow, some more of her went transparent and dissipate into thin air: her time was numbered. So many things haunted her failing mind even then. So many under her rule and under her care. And worries plagued her, at some points even prompted her to try, no matter how desperate, to cling still on life, and linger just a little more to ensure all would be right after she’d gone. But evidently, she had existed long enough, and now another cycle must end. Even her memories, vast and deep, containing events and fates now long forgotten by mortals and immortals alive. Out of all the deities, her cycle this time had outlasted every single one. She was, at that point in time, the most ancient – ten thousand years since the beginning of this cycle. But soon she would be no more.

A voice pestered her from her side. She turned with difficulty towards the only other creature in the heavenly chamber. She knew exactly who it was, for she had shut out all others save him in preparation for this hour. Ah, Sekiryu, her faithful companion. How sad were his eyes: in them, she saw her hour approach. So he could sense her death coming close. He was the only one she could entrust the most vital task after her departure, and she knew more than all else, he would accomplish the task, no matter the change of ages. And he would be the one familiar face her later life would behold. How she long to speed the thousands of years to come, so once again they could live and laugh again like in their youthful days. To amuse a chief Goddess is no easy task, but he was different, the very one she would not trade for any other being. But here came the sorrowful part:

“Sekiryu, my dear servant,” her breaths were weak, and faint like a dying breeze, but she mustered the last of her strength for this last farewell, “sorrowful days await you, and I pity you for that. But who else I have to place my confidence? Only you can carry out my command, and yet I should not be there singing your praise, for though my reincarnation shall possess my might, my sovereignty, she shall not be the same as I am now. She should be an altogether different entity, only but a fraction of my self should remain, but none of my memories, nor any of my earthly disposition. She might not even love you as I do now. This might as well be our last farewell. Go now, live a happy life, live free. But when comes the time of my reborn, you will be there and give me as much love as you hold now, and restore me to my rightful place – my dear servant – my last regret.”

Those words took the last of her being. Her existence fully spent, and with a passing spring breeze, her transparent vessel dispersed into the atoms of the worlds, scattered to every corner, until one day be gathered again into a living creature.

Last edited:
Sekiryu | Heizō Suzuki
For what felt like eternity, through struggles and trials, Sekiryu lived onward for thousands of years to come—embracing the hardships that had attempted to divert the dragon's ambitions. The death of his master had left him empty—living in the hallow depths of the mountains for centuries without human contact, silently suffering, until his devotion would be challenged once more by the curse of solitude.

He had left the mountains once and lived to regret for the rest of his life. Desperate to feel the warmth that he had once felt, the dragon found himself integrating himself into the Japanese society, becoming a weaponsmith for the samurais that attempted to rule the lands, though how foolish they were for defying the order of the gods. He judged the civilization silently without taking action, merely becoming a part of their workforce, and quietly found himself living in peace, and started a family of his own.

A life of pure silence and peace. He felt loved, and that was enough.

But time was an immovable force that not even the celestial entities could control. With each second passing by the Sekiryu felt despair approach him from thousands of miles away. The never ending march of time, he slowly watched his family age. Their bodies weakened by what seemed like mere seconds to the immortal dragon, until he could take no more. He fled, leaving only wealth and a note for his family, and left to return to the mountains again to find the solitude he had forgotten about.

Thousands of years had passed, not knowing of the modernization that had occurred during his time living in isolation, and the conflicts that had plagued mankind since his departure. The gods had established a new society of oblivious population, and as the world changed—Sekiryu knew, that it was inevitable that he must adapt to the revelations.

The auburn-haired servant of Amaterasu stood confidently above the Tokyo skyscraper, gazing at the horizon that was occupied of modern buildings and centers, unlike the days before when all he could see was nature and villages. He enjoyed this view—it felt peaceful and busy, like it should've been thousands of years ago prior to his master's death.

And when he hadn't expected it, the reincarnation of his master's soul had found a new vessel.

Amaterasu | Hinari Asakura
Hinari’s relationship with the sun was a mystery that ever puzzled her acquaintances. While most girls prefer to stay away from sunlight to avoid getting burnt or tanned or just because of the terrible heat, Hinari seemed to go out of her way to seek the most intense rays. So as soon as she was out on the front porch, she greeted it like a good friend. Today, in particular, she had on a simple black frock with a laced hem that reached her knees, and around her waist was a purple sash.

“Miss! You ought not to go out like that!”

The voice belonged to a middle-aged lady in an apron. Her hair already had streaks of gray, but still, she looked strong and healthy, and her feet were quick to bring her to the HInari from another part of the mansion.

“Put on a hat Miss, it is no good to go out like that. Your hair would be all dried up and turned yellow.”

“What are you talking about, Fuyuki? You know I never wear one. Don’t make a fuss, I don’t want to be late.” She said, a bit irritated. The woman meant well, of course, but it could get highly bothersome sometimes. Fuyuki was the family’s servant, if only because her mother and her grandmother before her were also ones. A good-natured and hardworking woman, it was thanks to her cleaning skill that the Asakura’s mansion was still liveable after so many years

“But the forecast said the sun could be really hot today. If not a hat then a jacket? I don’t want you to get a cold later.”

“You worry too much. If you have that much free time then go attend to Suzume. I think she said she’d be going out with her friend today.”

“I was in her room just now,” the woman smiled kindly, “miss Suzume's picking her clothes to go out, I supposed she’ll need the time and privacy.” She sighed. “Sometimes I just wish you would take as much care of your appearance as your little sister does. She has such a fine and tasteful sense of fashion. Look at you now,” the woman examined carefully Hinari’s outfit, disapprovingly, “so bland, it’s no grave you’re visiting, young miss. College is the place for young people to live their youth, see, you won’t get another chance to be there when you’re all grown up. You should see my daughter, that Yukiko never stops asking me for money for new clothes, ere long we’ll have nothing to eat but textile! But what can I do? She said that was her way to find a good boy. That is yes, unless you brighten up your wardrobe a little no boy would ever…”

“Ugh, I get it, I get it already! I swear you are making me mad on purpose today. I’m going now, at this rate I’ll be late.”

Then without waiting for an answer, Hinari fled out the front gate. There’s no stopping the old servant once she’d started talking about her daughter. The servant’s daughter, Yukiko, was going to a college in Tokyo’s suburban to find a future away from the Asakura’s household. And much like her mother, the daughter really knows how to get on Hinari’s nerve sometimes.

The sunlit street was the opposite of her gloomy home – an ancient mansion made of dark wood. It had an aura of something that has long been dead even when the little dwellers are still coming in and out of its rotting carcass. Everywhere you look, from the chipped pillars to the creaking porch, the cracked canopy full of leakages to the timeworn stone foxes standing guard on either side of the gate, they all looked too run-down and unfit for a modern living style. The only thing remotely modern in the mansion was the bathhouse that had only been installed some ten years ago. And the great downside of the abundance of rooms and chambers in the house was that only a quarter of them had electricity. It was the kind of place you would expect to be featured in TV shows about haunted houses, but for as long as she had lived, Hinari never saw anything supernatural in it, other than the fact that Fuyuko somehow had managed to keep the place in a liveable state to this day.

The Asakura was obviously a stubborn bunch. Generations after generations they had refused the city council’s offer to turn the mansion into a tourist attraction. Nowadays the Asakura household of five people and the servant and her daughter lived in only a part of the huge mansion, without the means to renovate the rest of the place. No surprise that Hinari felt like she was leaving a stuffy prison every morning after exiting the gates. She also would not miss it once she has graduated and run off somewhere for good. Which, as of now, still a plan that might or might not happen.

It’s something that’d been on her mind for a while now: what she is going to do after graduation. Though she had pretty much settled on the idea of finding a job, ideally then move out of the dreaded mansion to some cozy apartment on the other side of the city, the question was how to break it to her family. It would be the same as betraying the Asakura’s tradition of spending all their lives to restore the family name. For some reason, her parents expected her to live in that mansion for the rest of her life, then renovate it to its former glory with all the money she would earn working as a politician. Though it wasn’t like her siblings couldn’t do those things in her place, they had always been so adamant about her but no one else being the shining heiress that would save the family.

It’s all so tiresome.

All these mood-dampening thoughts had left her face sour when she arrived at the campus. As per usual, she was remarkably and characteristically early. Now if only she could get to her class peacefully, it would be one single blessing to make up for the terrible early morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back