• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Freak Show Circus (Interest Check)(Always Accepting)

Always Accepting!

Long, long ago there was a young boy named Liam Westling. This boy never knew his parents, he was sent to live with his grandfather and be raised by him. The boy grew a decent life. Until his birthday when he turned 20 years old. This night, the man suddenly felt a piercing pain on the front of his gums. When he touched the area, he felt sharp points. Looking in the mirror, the young man realized why the pain was there. Two sharp fangs protruded from his gums. This was the night Liam had learned what he was, and why he was pushed aside from his parents. They were vampires just as well.

Liam had grown until he was 38 years old, and then his aging stopped. At this point in his life, he realized he couldn't be a lawyer anymore. He had to find a new profession, where he wouldn't be questioned on his age.

That's when he decided to open up the freak show circus. He sent out a application, seeking out "freaks" to take on the jobs. Many people applied, but not exactly the type of people Liam was looking for. He wanted bearded ladies, Siamese twins, people like that. He wanted people with talents, things that made them freaks. Each "freak" would take part in a circus act. Such as a tightrope walk, lion tamer, etc.

Nobody knows about the ring leader being a vampire, nobody knows his past. Most of all...nobody knows the price of entering the circus.
_______
So, you will be playing one of the "freak performers." There are many different roles you can choose from OR you can come up with your own idea. What makes them a freak is completely up to you. If you would like to participate in this, please let me know what kind of role YC will be taking, and what makes them a "freak".

Some roles you may choose from are:
Acrobat
Animal Trainer
Contortionist
Knife throwing
Juggling
Strongman
Tightrope walk
Trapeze (play two characters or split the role with another person)

Keep in mind you may create your own circus act, I just need to approve it.

I will be playing Liam (the ringmaster)
3. Type at least a four sentence paragraph.
4. Do not control another members character.
5. Have fun

OOC- Realistic/Modern - Freak Show Circus (OOC)
CS- Realistic/Modern - Freak Show Circus (CS)
Roleplay- Freak Show Circus (Open)

Last edited:
I'm very much interested!

I'm not sure if you've ever read the books, "Cirque du Freak" because It follows a somewhat similar concept to the roleplay (Or maybe I'm just thinking that because it also has vampires and a freak show!).

But, either way, I would really enjoy it if I could have the Animal Trainer.

Holy cheese balls this looks like fun! and I especially think it would be cool to be one of the trapeze artists!

Last edited:
I'm very much interested!

I'm not sure if you've ever read the books, "Cirque du Freak" because It follows a somewhat similar concept to the roleplay (Or maybe I'm just thinking that because it also has vampires and a freak show!).

But, either way, I would really enjoy it if I could have the Animal Trainer.

I LOVED Cirque Du Freak! Did you read all the books?

I read quite a few of them when I was going through middle and high school.
I don't think I ever got through all of them though, my school library was missing a few of the books.

I read all 12 of the Darren Shan books and the 4 Saga of Larten Crepsley books. I was such a fan haha! No one else in my school really read them though. They were one of the first books to make me cry, I have such fond memories of staying up until 10 at night reading them (Which I thought was really late back then lol) and obsessing over them

And I was pretty much in love with Larten Crepsley don't judge... :P

I'm thinking about starting the role-play sometime today. Just make sure you character is complete before hopping in!
We will be starting when the auditions are over and Liam is speaking to all the auctioneers who were accepted (your characters).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back