• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Fortune Amongst Hardship - zombie apoc survival rp

RascalRoadkill

Balanced Humors
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

FORTUNE AMONGST HARDSHIP
"These are the end-times,
there was no hope of survival.
This is how you died."

• PREMISE

2f9bca8d5385d3e973a0134672cfc81c.jpg
    "Fortune Amongst Hardship"
    intends to be a survival story starting in the summer of 1995, five years after the start of a zombie apocalypse. It focuses on the breakdown of a settlement and the new challenges the remaining survivors must face. Its inspirations include The Walking Dead (particularly the games), The Last of Us I, and above all, Project Zomboid.

The story starts in the midst of the destruction of the safe haven “Fortune Amongst Hardship”- nobody quite knows how yet, but the defenses have failed and the undead cause mass death and chaos. Its numbers whittled down from over a hundred to a small group, the few and far-between remaining survivors (the player characters + some NPCs) are able to regroup. As everyone recovers, they'll try to pick up the pieces, scrounge up resources, flee the area, find a new permanent shelter- and try to find any other remaining survivors. It goes from there.

Get goin'- this is no place for you to die.

STRUCTURE

5948e8fbfe1553d5bf87343d097e5fd6.jpg
    I'm Rascal, and I'll be your GM. I'm not going to have a Player Character for myself. I will instead be playing out NPCs, the environment, the undead, and any other obstacles. Think of it like a Game Master-to-Players type TTRPG structure, just lacking the mechanics (save for a few dice rolls to determine chance encounters that may come up).

I would consider this to be "semi-lit+". You can go higher if you'd like; I'll never complain about more content! I'd prefer if people could post at least once a week, but that's a preference, not a hard rule at all. Stuff can come up at the worst times. Let's just keep our communications open and be flexible, and all should be well.

This RP will be using Discord for Out-Of-Character comms. I would prefer players to be 18+ due to the nature of the RP.

EXPECTATIONS

4bbfb1b1a8167f0e58d04034d15c4f39.jpg
    What it says on the tin -
    Expect blood, gore, mature themes, hard choices and difficult scenarios. Your character is probably going to see, deal with the consequences of, and probably even take part in some fucked up shit. Failure may be frequent.

Keepin' it real - Don't expect to be Total Combat Chads- most people aren't. Even a seasoned military veteran is going to have trouble in a survival scenario like this. Finding a working gun with the suitable ammunition isn't super common, and even less common is knowing how to effectively use it off the bat. Even then- they're loud, and easily attract many undead. How able you are to find resources is a much bigger concern than how many zombies you can kill. This intends to be a story about mostly-average people in a really shitty scenario.

Talk shit, get hit - While I will not dismember, kill, or zombie-bite your character without your express permission (anything with total permanence, essentially), please do not attempt to dodge the realistic consequences of your character's actions. If your character insults somebody, don't be surprised if they get irritated or retaliate. If you punch somebody, don't be shocked if they return the hit. If you fire off a gun, don't be surprised when undead swarm to your location. If you run unarmed into a horde, it's nearly impossible that you're getting out unscathed.

You get what you give - I can only give you the amount that you give me. This is, in shorthand, to say that I can only include you as much as you're willing to participate. That said, please feel free to suggest plots and ideas for both your own characters and the group. I may not be able to include all of them, but if I can find a place to slot in ideas that people enjoy, I will. If you have a certain arc that you want your character to go through, let me know so that I can integrate it into the main plot for you.

In good faith - Since I plan for this to be heavily character/plot driven, plans and plots might require a bit of obfuscating on my part to keep things fresh. Unless I am asking about certain Content Warnings that I should avoid, you will often not know what is going to happen next until it happens. This is to say: you're just going to have to trust me.

I'm not really willing to bend on the expectations above. If you aren't into what I've elaborated on above, this is likely not the RP for you. If this all sounds fine and dandy- then great!

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask below! And a playlist if you're interested, for the vibes.

Here is the CS thread!

Last edited:
Interested! Glad I saw this, I'd love to join!

Much respect for a GM who knows what they want in an RP
But also love what you're building here and would like to be a part of it

Haven’t done a zombie roleplay in awhile and this one looks really cool. I’ll start working on a character sheet for this story.

Very interested in thie concept, my curiosity has genuinely been piqued! Is this still open for individuals to apply for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back