• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern fortunae ooc.

do u love me

• Total voters
alright, i finally got the most part of my cs done! i set the progress bar at 85 bc a) i'll probably go over it tomorrow when i'm less tired and alter some things and b) i couldnt get my image to work bc i don't understand technology. but i'll try and have it all nice and finished by the end of the weekend!

Zoola Zoola
Of course! Upper class, middle class, lower class, or producer? Keep in mind that there will be three main stories the RP will follow - class x class, producer x producer, and class x producer near the climax. Also I'm 100% sure we know each other from something and I'm gonna be thinking about it until I figure out.
also if ur character could be murderous that would be grrreat ok good afternoon

EDIT: PLease also keep in mind that the CS deadline is this upcoming Friday. No rush, of course - have 40% done in the next two days and the spot is yours; I'll also probably have a late acceptance date.

quietlyquietly quietlyquietly
Sounds great! I'm excited to read your sheet - just lmk when you're ready.

The Empress of Ice The Empress of Ice
I wanted to talk a little bit about the producers' environment and the role they play in holding the classes prisoner.

The idea is that in the beginning they play along with their original scheme (posing as travel guides or Fortunae representatives, etc etc). The students arrive at the airport and board a private jet that Fortunae has paid to fly around for 7 hours and land, not in London, but where The House is located. Rather than some bustling movie set, I think it would make much more sense for their prison to be located somewhere very rural (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt-style), with a control center (almost Hunger Games-style) located nearby. Whether we play with the scheme longer than the airport scene is up to you and kou kou - do we fully embrace The Truman Show and create a microcosmic, London-replica for the students, or do we lock them in the very first day. In the producers' eyes, which would produce better ratings?

I'd also like to mention that the Fortunae producers are unnervingly, inhumanely optimistic - they are not concerned with the students' wellbeing because they don't believe any harm could come to them, despite the very clear class war displayed on the media. Their plans to slowly restrict their food and water supply don't seem harmful to them because they are convinced that the students will hold hands, sing Kumbaya, and work together to find a way out of the house. Deep down, the only way that they can even go through with this show is by constantly believing that it will work - even if everyone is telling them it won't.

Having said that, Fortunae will only have done the bare minimum in regards to legal protection - standard NDA agreements and promises to not sue (with limitations), with clauses that protect the study abroad program from being unlike what was advertised. Now, does Fortunae find a way to keep parents from watching their children suffer on live television (a limitation that would only extend to their houses and not protect them from viewing the program elsewhere), or do they rely on the legal precautions they took?

I wanted to talk a little bit about the producers' environment and the role they play in holding the classes prisoner.

The idea is that in the beginning they play along with their original scheme (posing as travel guides or Fortunae representatives, etc etc). The students arrive at the airport and board a private jet that Fortunae has paid to fly around for 7 hours and land, not in London, but where The House is located. Rather than some bustling movie set, I think it would make much more sense for their prison to be located somewhere very rural (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt-style), with a control center (almost Hunger Games-style) located nearby. Whether we play with the scheme longer than the airport scene is up to you and kou kou - do we fully embrace The Truman Show and create a microcosmic, London-replica for the students, or do we lock them in the very first day. In the producers' eyes, which would produce better ratings?

I'd also like to mention that the Fortunae producers are unnervingly, inhumanely optimistic - they are not concerned with the students' wellbeing because they don't believe any harm could come to them, despite the very clear class war displayed on the media. Their plans to slowly restrict their food and water supply don't seem harmful to them because they are convinced that the students will hold hands, sing Kumbaya, and work together to find a way out of the house. Deep down, the only way that they can even go through with this show is by constantly believing that it will work - even if everyone is telling them it won't.

Having said that, Fortunae will only have done the bare minimum in regards to legal protection - standard NDA agreements and promises to not sue (with limitations), with clauses that protect the study abroad program from being unlike what was advertised. Now, does Fortunae find a way to keep parents from watching their children suffer on live television (a limitation that would only extend to their houses and not protect them from viewing the program elsewhere), or do they rely on the legal precautions they took?
I believe we could get away with the former rather than the latter just to assure the concerned parents even more that they're going to be fine by creating a replica of everything so no one is alarmed the first they would look them in.

Zoola Zoola
Of course! Upper class, middle class, lower class, or producer? Keep in mind that there will be three main stories the RP will follow - class x class, producer x producer, and class x producer near the climax. Also I'm 100% sure we know each other from something and I'm gonna be thinking about it until I figure out.
also if ur character could be murderous that would be grrreat ok good afternoon

EDIT: PLease also keep in mind that the CS deadline is this upcoming Friday. No rush, of course - have 40% done in the next two days and the spot is yours; I'll also probably have a late acceptance date.

i was thinking middle class maybe? or if there are any particular spots that need filling, i'm flexible! also that's strange that you mention it because i'm pretty certain i recognize you from somewhere too!! this is gonna drive me nuts until i can remember oi
I AM 1000% DOWN I'D LOVE A MURDEROUS CHARACTER

i was thinking middle class maybe? or if there are any particular spots that need filling, i'm flexible! also that's strange that you mention it because i'm pretty certain i recognize you from somewhere too!! this is gonna drive me nuts until i can remember oi
I AM 1000% DOWN I'D LOVE A MURDEROUS CHARACTER

Nope, middle class sounds great. I'm gonna urge you to make someone problematic throughout the week so please ignore me/tell me to stfu/throw me off a cliff idc. Bc we're friends from SOMEWHERE don't bother rushing yourself bb.
have u ever signed up for one of kou kou 's rps? i tend to lurk around those - did you have really cool green-schemed coding for your cs?

do we fully embrace The Truman Show and create a microcosmic, London-replica for the students, or do we lock them in the very first day. In the producers' eyes, which would produce better ratings?

Allowing them to relax and interact 'in a natural state' first and foremost would probably be something Riza [le producer, cs will be up in a bit] would go for than anything else. And then, after a short period of time, locking 'em up in the house.

But it also depends on how the episodes are shot; if they're live or not. If they are live, she'd go for a quicker reveal and if they're edited and all that jazz, she'd drag it a bit more with teasers and whatnot.

Now, does Fortunae find a way to keep parents from watching their children suffer on live television (a limitation that would only extend to their houses and not protect them from viewing the program elsewhere), or do they rely on the legal precautions they took?
I believe we could get away with the former rather than the latter just to assure the concerned parents even more that they're going to be fine by creating a replica of everything so no one is alarmed the first they would look them in.

I agree with Kou, trying to hide it from the parents for as long as possible and then dealing with it if they find out would be for the best of the show. And since all participants are of age, and the showrunners probably made sure to put it in fine texting that they have complete control yadayadayada over their lives for the duration of the trip yadayadayada, the parents wouldn't be able to do much anyways?

We can discuss it more in le pms orrrr? :)

The Empress of Ice The Empress of Ice kou kou
Alrighty - phase 1 of the RP, per se, will include:
  • arrival to airport
  • jump to landing & bus ride through london replica
  • arrival to house - everyone acquaints themselves with one another
  • possible first day at school? [possible sub plot: producers set up an outlet for one of the richer kids to find themselves at a party after classes while everyone else has returned home and realized they are locked inside the house. rich kid comes back, doors lock once more, and you can imagine how it would seem to the lower classes. fortunae would have been sorely mistaken to think the students would look up to said rich kid.]
Aato Aato quietlyquietly quietlyquietly Zoola Zoola k a l l i s t o k a l l i s t o
If anyone is interested in handling a few of the reins of this experiment, feel free to PM me about a producer role. It'd be great to have a mole, a sadist, someone connected to the students, etc etc as a driving force behind what happens to the students.

Over the course of this week I'll be working on my own CS, driving my co-gm to set aside some time for her CS, ironing out plot kinks, and looking at CSs that have been submitted.

Should any of y'all have ideas for the plot, character x character drama, setting, rules, or anything of the like, feel free to have a discussion about it here or pitch in to ideas I throw out here. Also, tag your friends - atm we have an unbalanced number of students per class, and while it's not necessary to the RP to fill them, they're open spots at the end of the day. :]

so once our students are locked in the house, how directly involved are the producers going to be in their day to day lives? do they just sit back in their control room and observe, leaving the students alone with one another, or do they try to assign them tasks/activities to force them to interact, Big Brother style?

possible sub plot: producers set up an outlet for one of the richer kids to find themselves at a party after classes while everyone else has returned home and realized they are locked inside the house. rich kid comes back, doors lock once more, and you can imagine how it would seem to the lower classes. fortunae would have been sorely mistaken to think the students would look up to said rich kid.

I like it! Especially if all the other rich kids are also stuck at the house during the party.

so once our students are locked in the house, how directly involved are the producers going to be in their day to day lives? do they just sit back in their control room and observe, leaving the students alone with one another, or do they try to assign them tasks/activities to force them to interact, Big Brother style?

In a PM, Empress and I talked about the producers having minimal physical involvement in the lives of the students once they had been locked in the house - mostly outward observation. However, there will be certain tasks that need to be completed by physically entering the house - ie disposing of food and water, sabotage (by more sadistic producers), etc - and while these will be completely discreetly at night, there's always a risk of running into a student. Should things begin to get out of control (which I hope will happen), the producers will start making themselves more known to students and leaving hints and what not.

In regards to that first day, when everyone is still under the impression that they're in a study abroad program, producers will play small roles like maids, tour guides, or professors - leading to some good drama should those characters reappear when the lockdown occurs.

Also Jeanine is accepted I absolutely love love LOVE her and will be taking full advantage of her fear of needles thank you :] What's her take on the ongoing class war? Does she believe the rich have neglected to help the poor in these times, or that it is not the responsibility of the more fortunate and rather the government's? As a part of a class that's neither rich nor poor, where does she fit in?

Also The Empress of Ice The Empress of Ice and Aato Aato how have your families been affected by the crisis? Any casualties from the class war? Seeing as your families experience the brunt of the crisis, how has daily life changed - your families basically live in squalor now, with no foreseeable help from the government or upper classes.

apologies to everyone i've been caught up with a few things but am ready and willing to participate. <3

Rida Rida Jeanine has felt the effects of the crisis for sure-her family, who used to live quite comfortably, are now feeling the squeeze, and her dad lost his job a few years back (he has since been working a lower-paid one). She blames the government for the state of things more than anyone, but it's hard not to be mad at the upper classes when they have so much and everyone else has so little. However, she doesn't really see any way out of the class war, and though it makes her angry, she's accepted it as an inevitability. Maybe when she was younger she believed that the world could be changed, but she's more cynical now, and sees it as every man for himself-she feels that she doesn't owe the world a thing. She's mostly interested whether she can carve out a path for herself in such a world or whether it'll pull her down.

and thank you!!! ooooh that sounds ominous i love it >:-)

Rida Rida Jeanine has felt the effects of the crisis for sure-her family, who used to live quite comfortably, are now feeling the squeeze, and her dad lost his job a few years back (he has since been working a lower-paid one). She blames the government for the state of things more than anyone, but it's hard not to be mad at the upper classes when they have so much and everyone else has so little. However, she doesn't really see any way out of the class war, and though it makes her angry, she's accepted it as an inevitability. Maybe when she was younger she believed that the world could be changed, but she's more cynical now, and sees it as every man for himself-she feels that she doesn't owe the world a thing. She's mostly interested whether she can carve out a path for herself in such a world or whether it'll pull her down.

and thank you!!! ooooh that sounds ominous i love it >:-)
Makes complete sense - can't wait to see her determination to carve that path in a scenario with no paths :]]

I'm definitely sensing a pattern with these futuristic 'millenials' per se - they don't harbor the same hatred that their parents and grandparents had towards the class war and crisis. They've accepted that this will be their reality until the government steps up and focus simply on getting by. Fortunae's wishes may come true after all?? kou kou

Makes complete sense - can't wait to see her determination to carve that path in a scenario with no paths :]]

I'm definitely sensing a pattern with these futuristic 'millenials' per se - they don't harbor the same hatred that their parents and grandparents had towards the class war and crisis. They've accepted that this will be their reality until the government steps up and focus simply on getting by. Fortunae's wishes may come true after all?? kou kou
why the fUCK DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE EVERY ANSWER A FUCKING ESSAY KNOWING I DAMN WELL CAN'T READ, ROODA.

Also The Empress of Ice The Empress of Ice and Aato Aato how have your families been affected by the crisis? Any casualties from the class war? Seeing as your families experience the brunt of the crisis, how has daily life changed - your families basically live in squalor now, with no foreseeable help from the government or upper classes.

Isaiah's family have always been on the far end of the lower class, so they were struggling to make things happen since he was born. His parents are divorced {his mother leans towards middle class}, however due to le economy, they currently live together and job-wise, his family haven't really gotten affected that much. They already had low-income jobs that are essential to the system so all in all they haven't lost their jobs. However, his parents have gone without a raise in pay for years now, have had to take from their savings at times to be able to pay the bills that keep rising due to the failing economy and at times, his father have had his pay delayed, which has resulted in a lot of debt.

The one affected the most is his sister, who has no funds for college whatsoever, as well as being unable to pay her medical bills - putitng her in debt before she even has officially 'started her life'. His father blames the government while his mother blames both the government and the upper class 'for helping the rich evade taxes and stay fed while the rest of us can barely get anything on the table'.

Isaiah, on the other hand, doesn't really blame anyone in the sense that he just accepts reality for what it is and the circumstances he came to be in. He's focused on getting by and finding a way to cheat the system into success rather than dwelling on what is keeping him back.

Sorry for the late reply, school just started again so I've been a bit busy. Alsooo, I'mma put up le producer char sheet either this evening or tomorrow evening. :)

Can't wait for this to start!

I can really see the familial struggles Isaiah has had to endure - thank you!
Aato Aato The Empress of Ice The Empress of Ice kou kou quietlyquietly quietlyquietly Zoola Zoola k a l l i s t o k a l l i s t o @Volupe
Major apologies for the inactivity - I've got an ear infection and my hospital volunteership and school are starting up soon - but I have finally posted the head producer's character sheet and figured out a name for the show itself!
drum roll please
Broken Class! It's a pun, you s- I'm going to stop myself while I'm ahead.

With the name of the show and my character sheet comes closer the date of this roleplay's start, which means I'm going to be rushing a few of you who I'm still waiting on for character sheets. If you no longer have interest in this RP, please let me know, and if you just need an extension, I'll be more than happy to give you one.

In regards to specific dates, consider this upcoming Thursday as your deadline for character sheets AND the start of Fortunae.
The first day or so will simply be beginning posts - arrival at the airport, reflection on the class war and this program, etc etc - so you have that time as well to finish up a character sheet or relationship build with other characters.

If you know of anyone who would still like to join the RP, send them my way and I'll make sure they have adequate time for a character sheet and plot briefing.

I'm also still aboard!
Yikes about the ear, though. Sounds painful. I hope it gets better quickly!

Zoola Zoola The Empress of Ice The Empress of Ice Aato Aato kou kou quietlyquietly quietlyquietly
FIRST
UP!!
(two days late but still)

I'm just waiting on one producer CS, one upper class CS, and am open to one more upper class CS, as our second wealthy student is really busy with a roleplay of her own and can't continue. If any of you are interested and would like some time to get a CS together or have a friend who you know would be interested, feel free to contact me/tag them!

You guys have a few days for your opening posts - arrival at the airport, boarding of the plane, mingling with others at the gate, seat troubles, etc etc. I'll probably put out a post, and you guys will then jump to a shuttle ride and arrival at the house.

research a legal loophole, trick the parents into signing an NDA,

*cough* getting the participants to sign NDA´s as well as ´our lives are in your hands for the duration of le trip´ would work better, since they´re all legal adults *cough*

ALSOOO, I´m super excited :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back