• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern fortunae ooc.

do u love me

• Total voters
I'm going to take le chance to relax and fix le cs, so I'm go ahead and do the 2-days 'reserve' thingy, and take a spot for a lower class character, if you don't mind :)

Alrighty I just got home, so all current reserves are good until Wednesday night (EST). Get at least 40% done and I'll consider your spot permanent.
CS application deadline is now set for about next Friday (maybe later).

Rida Rida
Just to verify, 'profession' is what they were doing prior to the program, right? Or would it just be 'student'?

Rida Rida
Just to verify, 'profession' is what they were doing prior to the program, right? Or would it just be 'student'?
The assumption is that they're all incoming college freshman, so profession should be filled in any full-time/part-time job they might have. If they're unemployed, then 'student' would be the best fill-in.

so how's the CS process goin'? any other questions? srry i'm just very excited and take your time you seem pretty into your cs so don't worry about your reservation disappearing.

The assumption is that they're all incoming college freshman, so profession should be filled in any full-time/part-time job they might have. If they're unemployed, then 'student' would be the best fill-in.

so how's the CS process goin'? any other questions? srry i'm just very excited and take your time you seem pretty into your cs so don't worry about your reservation disappearing.

Okay. Got it. Thank you. I guess I was confused because I thought they were going to be totally closed up in the house (the interest check says "cut off from the outside world").

CS is going fine. :) I should finish up today. I'm filling most of it in now and might just have to return to tweak some things.

Okay. Got it. Thank you. I guess I was confused because I thought they were going to be totally closed up in the house (the interest check says "cut off from the outside world").

CS is going fine. :) I should finish up today. I'm filling most of it in now and might just have to return to tweak some things.
Oh they are closed in - in which case their profession prior to the program would be the right phrasing. Didn't mean to confuse you! You had the right idea from the start. The students are under the assumption that they're in England so they would have had to ask for a leave anyway.

Also that's awesome and I'm gonna stop annoying you now gl.

Rida Rida
I tagged it as 99% complete in case. Just let me know if I'm missing something or something's off.

EDIT: Oh boy... I went back to bold one word and now I've jacked up the coding. -facepalm- In order to avoid me messing it up further, do you think you could spot my error? (I'm messing around with it in the meantime, but saving nothing unless I fix it, of course.) If not, then I'll just go back over the original code again.

Last edited:
Rida Rida
I tagged it as 99% complete in case. Just let me know if I'm missing something or something's off.

EDIT: Oh boy... I went back to bold one word and now I've jacked up the coding. -facepalm- In order to avoid me messing it up further, do you think you could spot my error? (I'm messing around with it in the meantime, but saving nothing unless I fix it, of course.) If not, then I'll just go back over the original code again.
You don't want to know HOW MANY TIMES that's happened to me. By spot your error would you like me to try and fix it or lyk if it's easily spottable?

EDIT: Ok I went and messed with the code a bit and it's fixed. If you want those scroll bars to go away, all you'll have to do is go in and change every overflow in a div before a body of text to "overflow-y: hidden;" and get rid of the "overflow: auto;"s that I threw in behind every heading bc im stupid.

Last edited:
The Empress of Ice The Empress of Ice Aato Aato
Took a look at both of your CSs, fell in love, just got a few questions. What are your characters' takes on the ongoing class war? Their families definitely face the brunt of the crisis - and now, being placed in a household with those completely unaffected by it while your families barely hang on, how would they react?
I would love it if someone would murder someone. That's just my two cents. Sorry.

The Empress of Ice The Empress of Ice Aato Aato
Took a look at both of your CSs, fell in love, just got a few questions. What are your characters' takes on the ongoing class war? Their families definitely face the brunt of the crisis - and now, being placed in a household with those completely unaffected by it while your families barely hang on, how would they react?
I would love it if someone would murder someone. That's just my two cents. Sorry.

Isaiah is very much a realist, and somewhat cynical, so to him 'it is what it is'. He doesn't take time to grumble over how unfair it is that one's birth essentially decides one's chances in life, but rather tries to find a way to survive and prosper despite it all. He's a bit idealistic that way, but not overly so. He gets just as annoyed as anyone else when someone flaunts their wealth or acts superior, but he doesn't linger on the cons of his birth and family, unless he's analyzing it and trying to find a way out, so to say.

As such, he wouldn't initiate a class war within the house but if it arises he will most likely side with the lesser fortunate, as he believes that they inherently are more hard-working as they don't have any other choice compared to upper class 'brats'.

If it comes down to it, he isn't above killing anyone to save himself.

also is it required to have faceclaims for family members? the others have, and if you'd prefer i can find some but do u want us to have them?

quietlyquietly quietlyquietly Have 40% done by Saturday and the spot is yours. Excited to see your character!! (My character will be middle class as well so it'd be great if we could flesh out their relations). As for face claims, parents' claims are not required at all - just your character's.

EDIT: also thank you for being the oNE OTHER PERSON TO VOTE IN MY POLL I LOVE YOU TOO.

Last edited:
Isaiah is very much a realist, and somewhat cynical, so to him 'it is what it is'. He doesn't take time to grumble over how unfair it is that one's birth essentially decides one's chances in life, but rather tries to find a way to survive and prosper despite it all. He's a bit idealistic that way, but not overly so. He gets just as annoyed as anyone else when someone flaunts their wealth or acts superior, but he doesn't linger on the cons of his birth and family, unless he's analyzing it and trying to find a way out, so to say.

As such, he wouldn't initiate a class war within the house but if it arises he will most likely side with the lesser fortunate, as he believes that they inherently are more hard-working as they don't have any other choice compared to upper class 'brats'.

If it comes down to it, he isn't above killing anyone to save himself.

Ooh, I'm really getting a sense for Isaiah. How would he and Aato Aato 's character react with each other, especially seeing that Stephany is at a disadvantage due to her hearing impairment?

Ooh, I'm really getting a sense for Isaiah. How would he and Aato Aato 's character react with each other, especially seeing that Stephany is at a disadvantage due to her hearing impairment?

She seems like she can handle herself :P

But he wouldn't tolerate anyone coming after her because of her impairments. That's just a low blow, but if she does get into trouble due to her own actions, he'll probably let it be unless she seeks him out. One should take the consequences of one's actions in his eyes, so if she pisses someone off purposely, he isn't about to play hero.

He does give out a protector vibe though, so people usually end up hiding behind him and whatnot.

She seems like she can handle herself :P

But he wouldn't tolerate anyone coming after her because of her impairments. That's just a low blow, but if she does get into trouble due to her own actions, he'll probably let it be unless she seeks him out. One should take the consequences of one's actions in his eyes, so if she pisses someone off purposely, he isn't about to play hero.

He does give out a protector vibe though, so people usually end up hiding behind him and whatnot.
Makes sense, makes sense. Stephany is definitely seems capable of handling herself - possibly more so than someone without an impairment - but I wanted to see how Isaiah's protector vibe would play into that.

Makes sense, makes sense. Stephany is definitely seems capable of handling herself - possibly more so than someone without an impairment - but I wanted to see how Isaiah's protector vibe would play into that.

Isaiah's just very... down to earth. He's like this serene lake, you never quite know what's lurking underneath.

I love him <3

I was away for a day and missed so much. :o

Rida Rida
When it comes to the conflict, Steph is very aware of it and cautious of where she goes and who she's around. Even around the upper class that she would perceive as spoiled and harbor some sort of attitude toward, she's not one to pick a fight. Maybe some dirty looks, but she's not throwing any punches unless someone messes with her. The middle class... She wouldn't feel as strongly against them - probably more neutral unless they had some sort of off-putting personality/behavior.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back