Forming a Coalition

O-Ren nods in agreement. "Yep. Ol' tin man there is a pretty good guy. I've depended upon him for a long time, and he's always been there to help out. But he does have a good point. Everyone needs to watch out for one another out there today. I want zero casualties on our team out there, am I clear? We all have to work together, but I don't trust the Coalition as far as I can throw that Spider Skull Walker with my big toe. Point is, watch your backs out there."

Looking up at the rising sun in the sky, she hits her radio and calls out to the Good Guy group. "Time to move out. Let's go!"

Alley takes Nasoth up on her shoulder, letting the dragon perch with the best field of view. That and carrying the currently-dimunitive dragon just feels weird. And will tie up her hands once she kicks it into high speed.

"Thanks for coming, Nasoth," the scientist says, eyes fixed on the convoy moving out. "I might sound brave and all, volunteering to run inside some alien bunker and rig it to blow up but, uh, I'm mostly getting by because I'm making myself not think about it. Because when I think about it, I just want to pick any direction away from here and run as fast as I can."

Grond's hug is surprising and unexpectedly heart-warming. The alien D-Bee cyborg is as inhuman as anything she's ever seen but Alley's really warmed to him in their time together. "You just make sure we all make it through this, right?" she says back to Grond. "We're not the ones volunteering to be shot at, that's all I'm saying. Come back safe."

As the groups set out, Alley drops into step beside them and waits for when the mechanized types plan to open fire. In the seconds before, she slips between them and with a gentle hand she accelerates everyone she can, giving each of them a 6 minute window of enhanced reaction time.

Once the guns open up in earnest, Alley glances at the dragon on her shoulder. "Hang on. Like, dig your claws in, my armor can take it. I'm going to rush their doors and hack my way in if they're sealed up, which they're probably not because they're alien xenophobes who probably don't need locks from their own kind and they slaughter everyone who isn't their kind long before they can reach a door but who knows." Taking a breath, Alley flashes a smile at Nasoth. "I'm going to try to run past anyone we meet. Stay small as long as you can, at least until I can reach their power room and figure out how or if I can make it explode, okay?"

With a friendly pat, Alley accelerates Nasoth...before accelerating herself and speeding off for the fortress.

OOC: Given each person sped up counts as one attack in one action, I suspect she can wind up pretty much everyone here in around a minute, giving the whole team a solid 5 minutes of Speed Up. As a reminder:
The speed of the affected person (or vehicle) is increased by 50%, they gain one additional melee attack, and are +2 on initiative, and +2 to strike, parry and dodge. Can also dodge a bullet, energy beam or thrown object without penalty, because the sped-up characters can see it moving toward them at what appears to be a reduced speed.
Incidentally, this makes Alley run 351 miles per hour or 157 meters per second (or 171 yards a second for the football field perspective).

Before moving into the fight, Alley is busy running about giving speed boosts to the team and to the three main Coalition mecha. There is just not enough time to hit everyone with the effect before the time runs out.

Scouts that sneak forward during this time report that there are several tanks on payroll, along with many of the robots nicknamed Thin Men. A short distance from the base is where the Rift is at, and there are several Runners and a Brain there, trying to manipulate the Rift.

One final note that the scouts report about is the presence of a large hydra taking a nap.

For simplicity, the players will be in two groups; one with Alley and Nasoth, and the second with O-Ren and Theo. The Coalition will be doing their own fight off to the side, along with Sir Talbert and his team, so I'm not running the whole fight with dozens of NPCs all at once.

Everyone please give me initiative rolls

Theo readies to back up anybody he can, mostly O-ren, as they did become... acquanted recently.

Once people start shooting, or there looks like an opportunity to make a run on the base without being spotted, Alley sprints for all she's worth.

Trusting Alley at her word, Nasoth digs into the other's armour with her claws, and while it's not so much like a hot knife through butter, it is rather like well-hammered nails through sheet plating.

"You're scared?" The diminutive shoulder dragon asks with surprise, "but I'm protecting you," she argues as if that would be a guarantee of anyone's safety against anything. "Well, if you feel that way..." She adds, and Alley feels an invisible layer of force interposing itself between herself and anyone who would harm her (Armour of Ithan for 50 extra MDC).

"If the door's locked, I can also try talking it into opening," she says as if it's the most natural thing in the world, "I can be pretty intimidating, you know. Oh, and I don't need to get big again. It's a bit cramped like this, but my claws are just as sharp as they are otherwise, this is just a fancy disguise."

MDC: 350+540/540
PPE: 63/128
ISP: 131/141

Initiative +13 (+5)
Number of Attacks: 9 (6)
Strike: +14 (+10)
Parry: +18 (+15)
Dodge: +23 (+16)

Hammer: 1d4x10 + 6d6+2 MD

Magical-Adrenal Rush [45; +2 attacks/round, +3 Initiative, +1 strike, +1 dodge, +1 saving throws]
Intuitive Combat [10; +3 Initiative, +1 strike, +1 parry, +4 dodge]
Armor of Ithan [10; 10 MDC/level]
Invulnerability [1/day; 300 MDC]
Alley's Speed Buff [Speed +50%, +1 attack/round, +2 initiative, +2 strike, parry and dodge]

O-Ren draws her sword from the sheath and activated her Psi Sword in the other hand, all the while she is eyeing that hydra. If it is the same one that that faced before, this could be a good thing. We stomped on it hard before, and let it live. I might be able to talk it down.
Activating Invulnerability -20 PPE, Flight 0 PPE, Monster Tattoo of Hydra -157 PPE
Enhanced Reflexes -10 ISP, Enhanced Perception -10 ISP

PPE 226 / 49
ISP 58 / 38
MDC 630 /
Number of Attacks 9

With Nasoth in Alley's arms, the former Coalition scientist runs at top speed towards the base. Luckily for the two of you, the Mechanoids are more focused on the sudden appearance of the swarm of mecha and powered armor, and they don't see you as a threat compared to the other targets.

It doesn't take long for the two of you to get to the side of the base, but from where you are, you will need to find a way inside. You can go left, right, or try to make a hole in the senior and carve your way in. What do you do?

Unless you call attention too yourselves, you are not considered to be a target until you make it inside the base.
Esbilon Esbilon Epiphany Epiphany

Group one
24 - Nasoth
11 - Alley

Psychie Psychie is up

Group two
24 - O-Ren <====
24 - summoned hydra
18 - Thin Men 1-5
15 - Super SAMAS 1-2
13 - Theo
12 - hydra

With the sudden attack by the Coalition, the enemy focuses on attacking them. The hydra wakes up from its nap with an angry roar, and begins to charge into the fight. From what O-Ren can tell, it is the same beast that you guys fought before. If you play your cards right, you might be able to bluff it to go away. Or, it might be interested in payback for the ass beating you guys gave it before.

"You guys know that hydra? Can't say i remember that thing around before!" theo asked the group, as in, O-ren as he didn't want to start chatter with the in filtration squad. "jeeze, one dragon is bad enough, now a big ass one with multiple heads..."

O-Ren launches herself into the air. With a wave of her hand, she orders her summoned hydra to charge the Thin Men, then she heads right at her old opponent. "Hey there! Remember me? I certainly remember you. My friends and I faced you once before and beat you in fair combat. I give you one chance to run away and I will let you live. Fight us, and this time we'll show you no mercy! Run away now!"
Invulnerability -20 PPE, Flight 0 PPE, Monster Tattoo of Hydra -157 PPE

PPE 226 / 49
ISP 58 / 38
MDC 630 /
Number of Attacks 9

Meanwhile Alley reaches the structure and shakes her head once. Then she starts to lap it. "I'm looking for a door. If I don't think I can hotwire it, feel free to knock it in," she says to Nasoth.

And by the time she's finished talking, she's either found a door or has run back to where she started from.

"Or I could try talking to it," Nasoth offers, "talking to things isn't so different from talking to other people who aren't dragons. Well, except that things generally don't have a good sense of humour. Some people do," she muses in what passes for a philosophical manner.

As Alley is hauling ass around the mobile fortress, you come across a hatch in the side, roughly twenty feet tall by fifteen feet wide. There is a control panel on the side, but it is higher than you can reach without a boost. Or, you can tear your way into the door using Nasoth's claws and teeth.

Epiphany Epiphany Esbilon Esbilon

Group one
24 - Nasoth
11 - Alley

O-Ren's yelled words have an impact on the Hydra. Its heads turn to look at you, and you can tell for certain that it does remember you, and not fondly.

Your summoned creature slams into the assembled Thin Men, causing serious damage to one of the robots.

In response, the robots open fire on the summoned hydra, blasting out chunks of ectoplasm, but the critter is still holding on.

The two Super SAMAS providing air support to your team spin around and strafe the one damaged bot, nearly destroying it.

Orikanyo Orikanyo is up

Group two
24 - O-Ren [1]
24 - summoned hydra damaged [1]
18 - Thin Men 1 critically damaged [1]
18 - Thin Men 2-5 [1]
15 - Super SAMAS 1-2 [1]
13 - Theo <====
12 - hydra

Theo draws his line of fire on thin man 2, aiming his dual cannons upon it to try and whipe it out of the fight.

"So are we fighting the thing or negotiating?"

Critical Strike! The damaged Thin Man is blasted into pieces in a catastrophic manner.

The Hydra lets out a loud roar. "I am stronger now, and I have strong friends! I will enjoy the feeling of crunching your bones in my teeth! I kill you now!" It lunges at O-Ren, faster than its bulk would suggest. Its bite will hit unless you dodge.

Psychie Psychie is up

Group two
24 - O-Ren [1] <====
24 - summoned hydra damaged [1]
18 - Thin Men 2-5 [1]
15 - Super SAMAS 1-2 [1]
13 - Theo [1]
12 - hydra [1]

"...Well, there goes negotiation I suppous." Theo shrugged from within his mecha.

Nasoth flaps her now-small wings and rises leisurely to the hatch, reaches out to touch it and commands it to open.

OOC: Activating Telemechanics. I get complete knowledge of the workings of the system and more if it's an AI.

O-Ren was afraid that the Hydra wasn't going to cooperate and go away. Time to make it realize that he's made a mistake. She dives down towards the beast, runeblade flashing in the light. When she sees that the dragon is going to attack her, she lets him do so, making a simultaneous attack against it.
Runeblade does 1d4x10 +6 damage, double vs dragons

PPE 226 / 49
ISP 58 / 38
MDC 630 / -21
Number of Attacks 9 / 8 remaining

Last edited:
Nasoth's Telemechanics tells her the keypad combination to unlock the door. After a few taps with her claw, the door opens up with a woosh, revealing a corridor that wraps around the outer hull of the oval shaped fortress, heading out of sight in both directions as it follows the curve of the hull. The lighting is dim, and it is very warm inside.

Elsewhere, O-Ren's sword strike hits home hard, but it is far from out of the fight. In response, a massive claw hits the Atlantian, doing 21 points of damage.

The summoned Hydra of O-Ren's continues to attack the Thin Men, doing some damage to another one.

The robots continue to pour fire into the summoned creature, three of which hit. They are whittling down on its ectoplasm, but it is far from finished.

The two Super SAMAS both turn their rail guns on the damaged fellow, and between them, they blow the injured bot up, leaving just three of the strange humanoid robots left.

Orikanyo Orikanyo is up

Group two
24 - O-Ren [2]
24 - summoned hydra damaged [2]
18 - Thin men 3-5 [2]
15 - Super SAMAS 1-2 [2]
13 - Theo [1] <====
12 - hydra [1] injured

"You alright Oren?" The man called out, his new target in sight. "Fire coming in! Watch yourself!" He lined up his second round of dual cannon blasts upon the hydra.

The twin beams lance out and hit the multi-headed dragon hard. Its thick hide is burnt and scorched, but the hydra still has a full amount of fight in it.

It continues to try and bring down the Atlantian. A powerful bite is on her way, and will connect unless you dodge.

Psychie Psychie is up

Group two
24 - O-Ren [2] <====
24 - summoned hydra damaged [2]
18 - Thin men 3-5 [2]
15 - Super SAMAS 1-2 [2]
13 - Theo [2]
12 - hydra [2] injured

O-Ren swings her blade, tying to parry the bite, then she follows up with a counterstrike with the runeblade.
EDIT I accidentally threw the damage dice without changing it to a d4. I rerolled it. Sorry.
Critical Strike
Runeblade does 1d4x10 +6 damage, double vs dragons

PPE 226 / 49
ISP 58 / 38
MDC 630 / -21
Number of Attacks 9 / 7 remaining

Nasoth cirlces outside the door to the complex and calls down to Alley, "are you coming or not?"

Alley peers up at the circling dragon, grumbles and backs up. Once she gains a hundred feet of distance or so, she sprints up to full speed and runs up the side of the hive until she reaches the door. At which point she clumsily grabs a railing as she passes, and nearly rips it out breaking her speed. Falling with flailing legs, Alley whips herself around into the hatch and lands in the corridor, miraculously on her feet.

"I meant to do that," she says in Nasoth's direction, though her tone is completely unconvincing. "Let's go right!"

"Really?" Nasoth asks puzzled as she lazily travels along the path suggested by Alley, "why didn't you mean to land more elegantly? Is there some reason you wanted to almost dislocate your arm? That doesn't seem very pleasant. I can carry you if you need to go somewhere high another time, you know."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back