• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy For Rust & Glory

Giyari

Magical_Girl.exe
Roleplay Type(s)
rust_and_glory.png

Genre:Fantasy, Comedy, Adventure

Themes: Old Age, Heroes, Youth

Image Source: Pixoloid @ Artstation

Fairthorn was a land of adventure, a land where peace was held in the hands of gifted individuals, adventurers, people who spent their days and gave their lives, to protect the common man from disaster, darkness, and chaos. Fairthorn was a land of heroes. Most heroes go out in a blaze of glory, becoming legends and myths… most do, but not all.

Following an invasion by the forces of Gharn the Necromancer, an evil shadow worshiping force hell bent on plunging the world into the deepest black, legions of heroes from all across Fairthorn rose up and joined forces to fight back. They were known as The Shining Army, and they vowed to beat the darkness back down into the earth, no matter the cost. Eventually through great sacrifice, one group of mighty heroes succeeded in destroying the the evil sorcerer Gharn, ending his terror once and for all, but no one ever seen the heroes of the Shining Army ever again, none returned.

With Gharn gone a period of peace followed, people mourned for their heroes noble sacrifices. Of course not all dangers are evil or organised, some are just a fact of life, and Gharn was far from the only evil force in the world. With the Shining Army wiped out, who's left to protect the citizens of Fairthorn? Enter The Silver Swords Retirement Home for Heroes.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I thought this was going to be a superhero thing, but now that I know that it's cheesy fantasy.... This is even better.

Imagine, crusty knights, battered wizards, all just like , brought out of retirement to bolster the hero population.

"I'm too old for this shit"

"I miss my armchair."

"Ohhhh, my back!"

Or, alternatively, the aged heroes, who've become bored with their retirement and still yearn for the "Good old days". They saved the world once, but because they didn't die and rise to legends they've been forgotten, and now they see a chance to change that, to regain their glory :P

"We lived as adventurers and heroes, and now we have the chance to die like adventurers and heroes, to hell with a comfortable old age, where's my sword!!"

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd be down. Question, would playing a character who never was a hero but decided he would like to be in his old age be acceptable?

Another, What kind of format would this be played in. Rather, how would the story/quests/whatever be established?

welian said:
FOR SOVNGARDE!!!
"Whats that? Four sons in the garden? I never knew I had sons, why don't they visit me more often?"

I see great potential in this, a hard of hearing warlock who somehow made it to old age simply wants to see the bright new world again. Though he'll have to get up close, eye sight started to go.

"Now... what's that innvocation again? Saelas... no... hmm... Broehien teim noctu... Oh dear... umm... Qualuhm?"

"Who dares summon the great- oh... Hey Phil, need something again?"

Vaccum said:
I'd be down. Question, would playing a character who never was a hero but decided he would like to be in his old age be acceptable?
Another, What kind of format would this be played in. Rather, how would the story/quests/whatever be established?
Yo! So I'd be fine with that, actually! Maybe they've blagged their way into the retirement home under someone elses name, or claimed they're from a "Far off land" so that's why no one's heard of them, something stupid like that. Or maybe the rest know they're not a hero, but they've long since given up trying to get him/her to piss off so they just put up with him, because hey, he/she's useful sometime. This RP's gonna be pretty damn light hearted, it's a comedy, if you couldn't tell :P So I don't expect all of the details about the world to be filled in, a lot of them don't actually need to be, they just "are".

As for the format it'll be episodic for the most part, there would be an overarching story, but like any good adventure, while carrying out the main mission/plot there will be quests to do along the journey. These quests will be given by random NPCs controlled by myself, or by other player if they think of a good quest and bring it up in the OOC.

Thiiiink like, well any Saturday morning fantasy show, the heroes go off to save the world by doing X, but along the way they help people out with Y and Z, which normally leads to clues about X, therefore helping their mission.

I also had an idea about there being a number of younger members of the group, and by young I mean 14-18 y/o proper rookies, just starting out as adventurers/heroes, poor souls lifted from the local school by the Silver Swords, who have zero clues about how terrible this adventure will be...

Good idea? Yay/nay?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back